PDA

View Full Version : Reserve command chief resigns

RingLeader
04-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Ok, I'll post and ask, "So, what is the inside story"? This ought to be good! AND WE FIND OUT A WEEK LATER!!!!

The Air Force Reserve Command’s top enlisted airman has stepped down.

Chief Master Sgt. Kathleen R. Buckner resigned for personal reasons about a week ago, said AFRC spokesman James Miller. She declined a request from Air Force Times for an interview.

Bucker was selected command chief master sergeant in December 2011. She previously served as the command chief master sergeant for the 349th Air Mobility Wing at Travis Air Force Base, Calif., according to a release about her selection. The Gary, Ind.-native had been the command chief master sergeant for the Travis Reserve wing for two years prior to her selection.

Buckner enlisted in the Air Force in 1989 and served in the operations resource management field and as an instructor at Airman Leadership School, according to the release. She left active duty in 1997 and has served as both a traditional reservist and full-time Air Reserve technician.

The process for finding a new command chief master sergeant who will act as an adviser to Command Chief Lt. Gen. James Jackson on readiness, training, utilization, morale, professional development and quality of life for all enlisted members in the Air Force Reserve is already underway, Miller said.

The next command chief master sergeant also will be the functional manager for all Reserve first sergeants, the senior noncommissioned officers responsible for the morale, welfare and conduct of enlisted members at the squadron level throughout the command.

Tak
04-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Minots got fired and busted for adultery.

KellyinAvon
04-20-2013, 03:19 AM
Unauthorized boinking??? Inquiring minds want to know.

RingLeader
04-20-2013, 03:35 AM
With a man or women? Just asking, NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING wrong with that!

FLAPS
04-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I bet she has more sex toys than Arnold had guns in the movie Commando.

BRUWIN
04-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I know this individual is a chief and folks will almost certainly feel the need to bash but her resignation could have more to do with what is actually stated in the article...personal reasons. Could be health, could be anything. I only point this out because normally misconduct that the AF wants to keep low key is identified in other ways...usually it's pointed out as "a loss in confidence" or something to that effect and offering a resignation is usually not an option in those cases.

Tak
04-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Starting to think Bru would stand up for a one armed shit stained monkey,
With a peg leg and handful of cashew nuts, while standing on a midget
Rhino with a unicorn horn.

Get f'in real.

KellyinAvon
04-20-2013, 05:44 PM

Get f'in real.

Cabin fever, Tak??

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Get f'in real.

Nothing you mentioned is illegal

Tak
04-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Nothing you mentioned is illegal

Not illegal but mythical.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I am very disappointed in the lot of you!

There is nothing in that article to suggest that Chief Master Sgt. Buckner resigned for any dishonorable reason.

It is just as Bruwin said, she or one of her family members could be in poor health.

You guys should be ashamed! I think you should do something to redeem yourselves.

If my years as a member of the Top 3 taught me anything it was that nothing builds character better than baking.

Tak, since you were the worst offender, go bake a batch of double fudge packed brownies.

If you need help packing your fudge get Flaps to help you.

Now get going!

I’ll stay here and write EPR bullets.

Tak
04-20-2013, 06:29 PM
I am very disappointed in the lot of you!

There is nothing in that article to suggest that Chief Master Sgt. Buckner resigned for any dishonorable reason.

It is just as Bruwin said, she or one of her family members could be in poor health.

You guys should be ashamed! I think you should do something to redeem yourselves.

If my years as a member of the Top 3 taught me anything it was that nothing builds character better than baking.

Tak, since you were the worst offender, go bake a batch of double fudge packed brownies.

If you need help packing your fudge get Flaps to help you.

Now get going!

I’ll stay here and write EPR bullets.

Worst? I never said anything about her at all.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Too late!

You should have thought of that before!

Tak
04-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Too late!

You should have thought of that before!

Feel free to repost my comments having anything to do with her.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Feel free to repost my comments having anything to do with her.

I’m not changing my mind; you and Flaps better get busy!

Tak
04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Dude, you keep proving I was right in 0 repping you.
Leave me and my pal Flaps alone.

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 10:02 PM
This just proves you are all DOUBLE sexiest.

1. You automatically thought the Chief was a man...that's Sexiest

2. Now that you know the Chief is a Woman, suddenly she must not have done anything wrong....that's DOUBLE SEXIEST!!!

RingLeader
04-21-2013, 01:28 PM
I just wanted to find out the inside story and why it is reported a week after the fact...

CrustySMSgt
04-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Gotta side with AA on this one...

Just another sad sign of our country's obsession with selacious and sensational reporting. She's guilty until proven innocent. She could just be ready to retire, have health issues, or got a better job offer. I know none of that is as exciting as speculating on a scandal...

Tak
04-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Gotta side with AA on this one...

Just another sad sign of our country's obsession with selacious and sensational reporting. She's guilty until proven innocent. She could just be ready to retire, have health issues, or got a better job offer. I know none of that is as exciting as speculating on a scandal...

Nice standing up for chief, chief http://www.airforcemag.com/DRArchive/Pages/2012/September%202012/September%2018%202012/pix091812cmsforum.aspx

Tak
04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
I believe in you

Http://www.citamn.afrc.af.mil/features/story.asp?id=123295674

Parting words

http://www.citamn.afrc.af.mil/features/story.asp?id=123341436

CrustySMSgt
04-22-2013, 04:48 AM
Nice standing up for chief, chief http://www.airforcemag.com/DRArchive/Pages/2012/September%202012/September%2018%202012/pix091812cmsforum.aspx

Not sure what that link's got to do with it... but thanks for pointing out little attention AFA Magazine pays... it is Linus JORDAN (not Jackson)

imported_Renazance
04-22-2013, 05:29 AM
This just proves you are all DOUBLE sexiest.

1. You automatically thought the Chief was a man...that's Sexiest
2. Now that you know the Chief is a Woman, suddenly she must not have done anything wrong....that's DOUBLE SEXIEST!!!

Last I checked being SEXIEST isn't a bad thing. I wish more women thought of me as the sexiest.

Pullinteeth
04-23-2013, 02:21 PM
I know this individual is a chief and folks will almost certainly feel the need to bash but her resignation could have more to do with what is actually stated in the article...personal reasons. Could be health, could be anything. I only point this out because normally misconduct that the AF wants to keep low key is identified in other ways...usually it's pointed out as "a loss in confidence" or something to that effect and offering a resignation is usually not an option in those cases.

Except that what was sent out said her resignation was REQUESTED and given....

Tak
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Bru doesn't do well with facts, he's best at conjecture.

CrustySMSgt
04-23-2013, 03:58 PM

What was sent out?

Don't worry, this case is recieving the highest level of attention at the highest levels... answers WILL be obtained! http://www.militarycorruption.com/

fufu
04-23-2013, 10:05 PM
What was sent out?

Don't worry, this case is recieving the highest level of attention at the highest levels... answers WILL be obtained! http://www.militarycorruption.com/

Well played.

Pullinteeth
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
What was sent out?

Email saying she was leaving and who the acting CCM was...

BULLITT
04-24-2013, 02:01 PM
An enlisted person resigning? Can an NCOIC at MPF resign? Can someone running the LE desk resign? hmmmmm

BRUWIN
04-24-2013, 03:13 PM

Email? What the hell kind of official source is that?

Pullinteeth
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Email? What the hell kind of official source is that?

You didn't know? The AF manages by email these days....policy changes come out by email...PCS selections...EPRs....you no longer have to even meet the minions you supervise....

SomeRandomGuy
04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
An enlisted person resigning? Can an NCOIC at MPF resign? Can someone running the LE desk resign? hmmmmm

The Chief is a reservists. I assume that in order to be a Reserve Command Chief you accept the position as a full time Air Reserve Technician. When you are an Air Reserve Technician or Air Guard Technician you are allowed to resign your position (though it may affect your ability to recieve future positions). so the answer to your question is yes the NCOIC of MPF or the LE desk can resign if they are a reservist/guardsman. In fact it happens all the time when people find a better civilain position, are inept at their job, or for a variety of other reasons.

Pullinteeth
04-24-2013, 04:21 PM
The Chief is a reservists. I assume that in order to be a Reserve Command Chief you accept the position as a full time Air Reserve Technician. When you are an Air Reserve Technician or Air Guard Technician you are allowed to resign your position (though it may affect your ability to recieve future positions). so the answer to your question is yes the NCOIC of MPF or the LE desk can resign if they are a reservist/guardsman. In fact it happens all the time when people find a better civilain position, are inept at their job, or for a variety of other reasons.

They are AGR tours....you don't exactly resign but you can curtail... I am assuming that this is a more specialer postion that you can resign from? I would also guess that the Chief was retirement eligible so it is possible she didn't resign so much as drop her retirement... Even if her resignation was requested it doesn't necessarily mean she did anything wrong. It is possible she just didn't get along with the Commander or something....

Stalwart
04-24-2013, 05:06 PM
What was sent out?

Oh wow. That website is hilarious.

SomeRandomGuy
04-24-2013, 05:10 PM
They are AGR tours....you don't exactly resign but you can curtail... I am assuming that this is a more specialer postion that you can resign from? I would also guess that the Chief was retirement eligible so it is possible she didn't resign so much as drop her retirement... Even if her resignation was requested it doesn't necessarily mean she did anything wrong. It is possible she just didn't get along with the Commander or something....

That is the point I was trying to make. There are certain Enlisted positions where a person is appointed. I would assume that if you are appointed you could also resign. The poster above seemed to be insinuating that an Enlisted person could never resign a position. I was just making the point that it does actually happen and sometimes at much lower levels than this. When I was working travel pay it was not uncommon for reserve members to end a tour early for various reasons. Sometimes it is exactly what you mentioned, a personality clash. If you are a reservists who volunteered for a tour you can almost always volunteer to end it early.

CrustySMSgt
04-25-2013, 06:13 AM

SRG... on the money as always!

Mind sharing? Interesting that the AFT story doesn't mention she was asked to resign, so I'd be interested in seeing what was sent out (assuming it was a mass email to the entire unit and not something that was mass distributed).

Tak
04-25-2013, 01:57 PM
SRG... on the money as always!

Mind sharing? Interesting that the AFT story doesn't mention she was asked to resign, so I'd be interested in seeing what was sent out (assuming it was a mass email to the entire unit and not something that was mass distributed).

Funny a chief isn't concerned about sharing official govt email with social media site.

tiredretiredE7
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Funny a chief isn't concerned about sharing official govt email with social media site.

Crusty's OPSEC CBT must have expired.

20+Years
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Chiefs make up thier own rules...

CrustySMSgt
04-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Crusty's OPSEC CBT must have expired.

tiredretiredE7's comprehension of the term OPSEC must have expired.

WHo said it was an "official govt email?" And can you definie "official govt email?"

Tak
04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Chiefs make up thier own rules...

Yep, game the system daily.
Selective enforcement of standards.

Tak
04-25-2013, 03:10 PM
tiredretiredE7's comprehension of the term OPSEC must have expired.

WHo said it was an "official govt email?" And can you definie "official govt email?"

Yes........

AresMars
04-29-2013, 11:00 PM
BLUF (Bottomline Up Front) the E-9 was fired...the skeltons in the closet will soon tell the unadulterated story.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. -- Winston Churchill

Tak
04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
I've heard the same.

Tak
05-08-2013, 01:34 AM
http://www.militarycorruption.com/kbuckner2.htm

AresMars
05-08-2013, 10:56 PM

Skeltons out of closet...she abused her power and authority...

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Oh wow. That website is hilarious.

:hat Great post 'Stalwart' SIR!! RC. :welcome

SomeRandomGuy
05-09-2013, 03:00 AM

I think the POWERS that be have finally solved this one. The more important question is WILL they lock this important info away in the future?

SomeRandomGuy
05-09-2013, 03:01 AM

I think the POWERS that be have finally solved this one. The more important question is WILL they lock this important info away in the future?

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 03:01 AM
BLUF (Bottomline Up Front) the E-9 was fired...the skeltons in the closet will soon tell the unadulterated story.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. -- Winston Churchill
:hat Beat me to that GF! :cry