PDA

View Full Version : < One Month Left!

imported_SergeantJack
04-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I have less than one month left.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Maniacal laughter goes well with pending retirement.

Also: holy balls! The unit just gave me an MSM.

MACHINE666
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Congrats on the MSM, Jack. You definitely deserve it, and then some.

Once you become part of the "Blue Card Mafia", wear it around your neck in one of those little ID card holders that they sell at Military Clothing Sales. Make sure everyone who has ever given you shit can see it. Be loud and proud, too. You've paid your dues with interest, and have every right to gloat, celebrate, and rub it in people's faces!

imported_SergeantJack
04-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I didn't expect the MSM--or, at least, I didn't expect an MSM not soaked in urine.

Tak
04-15-2013, 06:33 PM
You will surely be missed.

jondstewart
04-15-2013, 07:05 PM
An MSM is quite an accomplishment! I know if you want to make SMSgt, you usually have to have one. It's a nice addition to your shadow box

sandsjames
04-15-2013, 07:20 PM
An MSM is quite an accomplishment! I know if you want to make SMSgt, you usually have to have one. It's a nice addition to your shadow box

Yes, quite an accomplishment for sure. It usually means that you have done the same thing as everyone else who gets a medal but because you are a SNCO you get the MSM (as long as course 14 is knocked out).

Tak
04-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Both msms are somewhere in a box in garage...

But NOT thrown over bridge!

MedWeenie
04-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Course 14 and CCAF plus no PT failures = MSM.

Tak
04-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Smsgt requires ccaf, how the hell did it creep to a req for msgts retiring.

SENDBILLMONEY
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

If you still pulled the MSM after facing administrative demotion, you were probably so awesome you'd have gotten a Legion of Merit otherwise. *straight face*

KellyinAvon
04-15-2013, 11:47 PM
It is great to be able to log on the forum again!!
Sgt Jack: congrats on receiving a retirement MSM (based on your entire service to the USAF, not on any recent issues, this is good to hear). It is also good to hear the Blue ID Mafia has gained another "friend of the family". Consigliere Machine666 is right, you'll soon be part of "this thing of ours". IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN!!!

Tak
04-15-2013, 11:59 PM
It is great to be able to log on the forum again!!
Sgt Jack: congrats on receiving a retirement MSM (based on your entire service to the USAF, not on any recent issues, this is good to hear). It is also good to hear the Blue ID Mafia has gained another "friend of the family". Consigliere Machine666 is right, you'll soon be part of "this thing of ours". IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN!!!

Is it really that great to log on again...

KellyinAvon
04-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Is it really that great to log on again...

Yes, yes it is. Thank you for asking Tak. A$$ deep in snow yet?

Tak
04-16-2013, 01:03 AM
Yes, yes it is. Thank you for asking Tak. A$$ deep in snow yet?

Yes, I am happy as well to post balls deep in snow as I type this.

OtisRNeedleman
04-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Jack, congratulations on the medal.

Tried to respond about your plans for a retirement ceremony in your earlier thread, but board wouldn't let me do a reply.

My humble suggestions. First, if you must have a retirement ceremony, make it invitation-only, as I did. Second, if you must have a retirement ceremony, don't turn your speech into a diatribe of how you were wronged. Won't change anything, nobody in charge will care, and you leave looking like a bitter, beaten man. Instead, take the occasion to thank your family for their support, thank the various bosses, friends, and commanders who helped you along earlier in your AF career, and maybe mention what you plan to do in retirement. Then you can go out with your head held high. You came with honor. You served with honor, even though you weren't always done honorably. And you leave with honor. You leave as the bigger man, someone the AF couldn't keep down.

Banned
04-16-2013, 03:44 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Suicide risk goes up after retirement. Make sure you attend as many resiliency briefs as you can.

FLAPS
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Jack, congratulations on the medal.

Tried to respond about your plans for a retirement ceremony in your earlier thread, but board wouldn't let me do a reply.

My humble suggestions. First, if you must have a retirement ceremony, make it invitation-only, as I did. Second, if you must have a retirement ceremony, don't turn your speech into a diatribe of how you were wronged. Won't change anything, nobody in charge will care, and you leave looking like a bitter, beaten man. Instead, take the occasion to thank your family for their support, thank the various bosses, friends, and commanders who helped you along earlier in your AF career, and maybe mention what you plan to do in retirement. Then you can go out with your head held high. You came with honor. You served with honor, even though you weren't always done honorably. And you leave with honor. You leave as the bigger man, someone the AF couldn't keep down.

I knew a female SMSgt who retired after 26 honorable years. She HATED her current GS-15 boss, so walked out the door without a ceremony. She left the AF as a DEFEATED SMSgt after 26 years. After she walked out the door I never heard the GS-15 mention her name again. You'd think after 26 years this SMSgt would at least get an honorable mention? Nope.

imported_SergeantJack
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Nah, no retirement ceremony. I will probably have a party at my house, though, and only a handful of military folks will be invited. Nobody in my chain of command will have anything that is both complimentary and sincere to say about me, and the temptation to be defiant would be too high. AND, if I decided not to be defiant, I'd hate myself afterwards.

It's better for everybody involved if I just backed away from the Air Force. This way nobody gets hurt.

Oh, and the MSM? I wrote it. It doesn't mean much, but it does complete my seventh row of ribbons, so it looks sweet.

FLAPS
04-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh, and the MSM? I wrote it. It doesn't mean much, but it does complete my seventh row of ribbons, so it looks sweet.

I wrote my MSM, then had to make corrections to it after it got kicked back. I sure hope the recipient is happy with the final product, because the author did have to jump through hoops to get it to look perfect.

Tak
04-17-2013, 08:50 PM
I wrote my MSM, then had to make corrections to it after it got kicked back. I sure hope the recipient is happy with the final product, because the author did have to jump through hoops to get it to look perfect.

Wrote both of mine...collecting dust, but my kids will probably like them

OtisRNeedleman
04-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Interestingly enough, I don't know who wrote my retirement DMSM. Wasn't me.

FLAPS
04-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Interestingly enough, I don't know who wrote my retirement DMSM. Wasn't me.

That's good. Nobody should ever be asked to write their own DEC, especially a retirement DEC. When my boss (O-6) asked me to write mine I should have just said, "fuck it, just give me a Good Conduct Medal."

imported_SergeantJack
04-18-2013, 03:23 PM
If you want something done right....

Tak
04-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Finally your turning the woe is me corner.
Keep driving straight after that and
Get off at blue mafia exit.

sandsjames
04-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Turned down my final EPR which, in turn, removed any chance of a medal. I'm happy with this because it means I don't have to write shit or put up with corrections being made and having stuff sent back. I really can't be bothered to take the time to write to documents that mean absolutely nothing. I'd rather go home at 10AM everyday...I mean...go take care of outprocessing everyday, for the next 68 days.

imported_SergeantJack
04-18-2013, 04:18 PM
I turned down my final EPR too. I still got my medal.

sandsjames
04-18-2013, 04:29 PM

I'm sure I could have pushed for it but, as I said, I really have no intentions of wasting my time to write something that has zero value to me. Why put myself through the stress. The only stress I have is figuring out what brand, and how much, beer I shall drink after my ceremony.

Tak
04-18-2013, 05:05 PM

Look: F the Dec!

SomeRandomGuy
04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Turned down my final EPR which, in turn, removed any chance of a medal. I'm happy with this because it means I don't have to write shit or put up with corrections being made and having stuff sent back. I really can't be bothered to take the time to write to documents that mean absolutely nothing. I'd rather go home at 10AM everyday...I mean...go take care of outprocessing everyday, for the next 68 days.

When I outprocessed the only place I actually visited in person was MPF. That was on my final day. Everything else was done through email. Of course that did not stop me from leaving early every now and then to take care of some "outprocessing"

sandsjames
04-18-2013, 05:52 PM
When I outprocessed the only place I actually visited in person was MPF. That was on my final day. Everything else was done through email. Of course that did not stop me from leaving early every now and then to take care of some "outprocessing"

Absolutely. I've already done my final medical/dental, and set up my final out from finance and MPF so really have nothing else to do. That leaves lots of time for "outprocessing".

SomeRandomGuy
04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Absolutely. I've already done my final medical/dental, and set up my final out from finance and MPF so really have nothing else to do. That leaves lots of time for "outprocessing".

What makes it even easier is that so many places like finance and medical close for training all the time. If anybody ever questions why you are going to finance (thought you did that already) tell them that the first time you went you arrived at 1405 and they close at 1400. The second time you went they were closed all day for training.

imported_SergeantJack
04-19-2013, 05:24 PM
I love "outprocessing". I haven't been in the office much.