PDA

View Full Version : Officer admits faking death to end affair

BURAWSKI
04-13-2013, 12:56 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/discharge-recommended-navy-officer-conn-223205231.html

The only issue I have with this is that he is being recommended for an HONORABLE Discharge. There is nothing honorable in his actions. I think the board weighed all of his accomplishments and decided that those outweighed his transgressions. I don't buy it though.

JD2780
04-13-2013, 01:14 AM
He is a dishonorable despicable person. Even if he is honorably discharged he will be judged for his actions in the end.

SENDBILLMONEY
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
First in with "he'll get to retire instead of be discharged."

Stalwart
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/discharge-recommended-navy-officer-conn-223205231.html

The only issue I have with this is that he is being recommended for an HONORABLE Discharge.

I agree, there is little honorable about his actions with the affair. The process though determined that the overall characterization of his service warranted the honorable discharge. I have seen this same process run its route for officers and enlisted.

I had a CPO who was actually court-martialed for adultery, fraternization, disobeying lawful orders, disobeying direct orders, false official statements, and misconduct of a sentinel -- he was leaving his position on the watch floor to carry on some of his dalliances. He was court-martialed and spent 30 days in the brig but was allowed to reenlist, when he reenlisted the discharge for the current enlistment (the one he was court martialed on) was honorable.

Pullinteeth
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't really get what the big deal is... Sure he shouldn't have been gettin some strange but it isn't like he tried to profit off faking his death....just tryin to get her to leave him the hell alone...

Greg
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM
"Cmdr. Michael P. Ward II, a married 43-year-old, sent his mistress in Virginia an email in July posing as a fictitious co-worker named Bob and saying Ward had died unexpectedly."

Died unexpectedly. I take it the Commander is not that good of a writer,or at least he won't be churning out any paperback novels in the future.

ExChief
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree, there is little honorable about his actions with the affair. The process though determined that the overall characterization of his service warranted the honorable discharge. I have seen this same process run its route for officers and enlisted.

I had a CPO who was actually court-martialed for adultery, fraternization, disobeying lawful orders, disobeying direct orders, false official statements, and misconduct of a sentinel -- he was leaving his position on the watch floor to carry on some of his dalliances. He was court-martialed and spent 30 days in the brig but was allowed to reenlist, when he reenlisted the discharge for the current enlistment (the one he was court martialed on) was honorable.

This sure brings back some not so good memories. I was written up on a sexual harassment charge in 1992. It had to do with a neighbor in my apartment complex who was harassing me. Her mother "knew who to contact."...and had her daughter contact NIS. To make a long story short, I hired a civilian lawyer and had the charges dropped. After that...other charges strangely appeared. So much for a clean record up to that point. Bottom line: 60+ days on restriction...68 days in the NAS JAX brig...reduction from E-7 to E-3...less than honorable discharge. All I can say with pride is: F**K THE NAVY.:biggrin

Due to the fact that I almost moved back to Jacksonville in late 2004, I conducted an online public records search. My ex-neighbor became a stone cold alcoholic, divorced and remarried, and died in late 2008. :kiss

In all probability, I will move back to Jacksonville later this year. The NIS agent who blew this out of proportion, Is a now a retired Captain (shit promotes well in the Navy), and lives in Atlantic Beach. I would love to meet this retired dirtbag.

When it comes to the justice system...It's a double standard depending on rank.

AJBIGJ
04-22-2013, 05:16 AM
I'm laughing too hard at this to be offended by any apparent "lack of professionalism". This is one of those "SMH" situations which I swear one can only encounter in service to the US Armed Forces.