PDA

View Full Version : PETA at it again

crwchf16
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
OK, this has nothing to do with the USAF but it's too much for me to pass up.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/us/animal-rights-drones/index.html?hpt=hp_t5
Just when I thought PETA couldn't get any dumber. On the other hand this is a golden opportunity for some moving target practice.
Most hunters are responsible enough to not fire a rifle into the air because there is no telling where that bullet will come down. I wonder what else we might come up with? I'm thinking large bottle rockets for starters.

Pullinteeth
04-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh the stupidity....they have to keep the drone in sight? So they are going to be stomping through the woods, probably dressed in brown with white gloves flying a drone....dumb da dumb dumb dumb... I really like the douchebag that was flying drones during a pigeon shoot....dark flying object in the air above shooters trying to shoot dark flying objects.... And he is pissed that two were shot down?

Absinthe Anecdote
04-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Are they idiots or are they very clever in scamming donation money?

PETA probably gave those clowns tens of thousands of dollars to pull off that stunt.

According to Wiki, PETA raked in 35 million in donations in 2011; hell, I might just cook up some dumbass stunt and apply for one of their grants.

However, something tells me that you probably have to be connected to their inner circle to get any real money.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-13-2013, 10:58 PM
34 million in 2009

They haven't fixed the edit function yet.

Pullinteeth
09-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Here is another good one...for all their animal rights propaganda, they kill 89% of the adoptable pets that come into their Virginia animal shelter...30 a week...

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/2013/02/peta-kills-89-4-percent-of-adoptable-dogs-and-cats-in-its-care-during-2012/

Rusty Jones
09-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Everyone here in Norfolk dreams of organizing a pig roast right across the street from the PETA headquarters; just daring them to try something.

Though, if I could do it... I'd bring the pig in alive, and slaughter it in the most inhumane way possible before roasting it. I'm thinking having a bunch of dudes beat it to death with baseball bats.

Pullinteeth
09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Everyone here in Norfolk dreams of organizing a pig roast right across the street from the PETA headquarters; just daring them to try something.

Though, if I could do it... I'd bring the pig in alive, and slaughter it in the most inhumane way possible before roasting it. I'm thinking having a bunch of dudes beat it to death with baseball bats.

OMFG...you are fucking killing me. That shit was FUNNY.

retiredAFcivvy
09-03-2013, 04:48 PM

I'm not a supporter of PETA but I would hope you're not serious about the inhumane treatment of animals.

Class5Kayaker
09-03-2013, 04:50 PM
34 million in 2009

They haven't fixed the edit function yet.

FYI, I haven't had any issues with being able to edit my posts....not sure what the issue might be for you.

Edit.....I just did it to this post just to make sure. "Edit Post" is still available, just to the left of "Reply" on my own posts

Pullinteeth
09-03-2013, 04:51 PM
FYI, I haven't had any issues with being able to edit my posts....not sure what the issue might be for you.

Edit.....I just did it to this post just to make sure. "Edit Post" is still available, just to the left of "Reply" on my own posts

Psssst...that was in April....

Class5Kayaker
09-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Psssst...that was in April....

lol...damn, didn't notice that. MY BAD :stupid:

Rusty Jones
09-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm not a supporter of PETA but I would hope you're not serious about the inhumane treatment of animals.

Of course I am! Is it to derive pleasure out of torturing animals? Nope. The whole point of this hypothetical pig roast is to piss PETA off... so why not go all the way?

As far as how animals are slaughtered for meat... I say do it the way that's safest for human consumption, and cheapest so that there's less cost passed on the consumer. I say slaughter it any way you have to, to make sure that those two things happen.

retiredAFcivvy
09-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Of course I am! Is it to derive pleasure out of torturing animals? Nope. The whole point of this hypothetical pig roast is to piss PETA off... so why not go all the way?

As far as how animals are slaughtered for meat... I say do it the way that's safest for human consumption, and cheapest so that there's less cost passed on the consumer. I say slaughter it any way you have to, to make sure that those two things happen.

Thanks. I'm sure there are some costs passed on to the consumer for compliance of humane standards in the meat processing industry but I'm OK with that.

Rusty Jones
09-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Thanks. I'm sure there are some costs passed on to the consumer for compliance of humane standards in the meat processing industry but I'm OK with that.

Interestingly enough, if I'm out in the African savannas and a lion sees me... if I'm going for a swim and a shark sees me... if I'm out by the bayou and an alligator sees me... I've officially become breakfast. I'm probably in for some of the most agonizingly painful deaths known to man. Do you think they're going to give two shits how "humane" my death is? No? All they care about is the quickest way to line their stomachs.

Why should we care more than they do about being "humane?"

Stalwart
09-04-2013, 03:37 AM
Interestingly enough, if I'm out in the African savannas and a lion sees me... if I'm going for a swim and a shark sees me... if I'm out by the bayou and an alligator sees me... I've officially become breakfast. I'm probably in for some of the most agonizingly painful deaths known to man. Do you think they're going to give two shits how "humane" my death is? No? All they care about is the quickest way to line their stomachs.

Why should we care more than they do about being "humane?"

Good point, the simplest answer is that we should care because we have the capacity to care.

I attended a civilian survival (more like primitive living skills) course a few years ago. 30 days, no tent, sleeping bags, matches etc. just a knife, compass, journal and camera. About 11 days in and having had no protein except for nuts we get a sheep. We killed it, processed it and ate like kings that night (ribs, rendered down the fat to fry dough and blood) and for about a week off the meat/jerky. I did not come back from the course as a vegetarian, but with a much bigger appreciation for not wasting meat.

Most subsistence hunters I have known have the same appreciation for killing an animal, they have no qualms about doing it, but are near reverent about not wasting the life they took so they could live.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-04-2013, 03:48 AM

I still want to figure out a way to get a 10,000 dollar grant from PETA to organize one of their dumb protest stunts.

Heck, all it sounds like you have to do is get some ditzy college chick to take off her clothes and get into a cage in front of a subway station. Give the girl a few hundred for the stunt and spend a few dollars on poster boards and props and I bet you could pocket 8,000 dollars.

However, I've always suspected that the people who are at the top of the PETA organization don't really believe the crap that they preach. It's all a big con game and they probably only give those grants out to insiders. Still, I want to try it.

Those bastards rake in tens of millions per year in donations from knuckle heads who believe that garbage.