PDA

View Full Version : Iraq WHAT medal?

Assaultdog0351
04-10-2013, 06:50 AM
As soon as I read the title for this new load of crap medal coming out for Iraq the only thing I could think about was how Iran controls that airspace to supply weapons to forces that we currently oppose. I don't see too much commitment, lets just drop this medal already.

MarineArtillery
04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Completely agree. We already have a medal for Iraq. How many do we need?

DocBones
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Come on, you Marines! Don't you want to look as decorated as an Air Force guy/gal that has done four years and has a decidedly leftward slump, because of all of the medals that he or she has 'earned', weighing that proud airthings left side chest down?

Just joking with y'all.

JD2780
04-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Come on, you Marines! Don't you want to look as decorated as an Air Force guy/gal that has done four years and has a decidedly leftward slump, because of all of the medals that he or she has 'earned', weighing that proud airthings left side chest down?

Just joking with y'all.

Don't hate doc. I look snazzy with my 18 ribbons. 3 of which mean something.

efmbman
04-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Completely agree. We already have a medal for Iraq. How many do we need?

There is a precedence for this... remember 1991? Southwest Asia Service Medal with up to 3 campaign stars + Liberation of Kuwait Medal (from Kuwait) + Liberation of Kuwait (from Saudi Arabia). That was also a National Defense Service Medal award period. Based on that, I would guess none of the Iraq Campaign Medal periods would be revoked since the SWASM was concurrently awarded.

E4RUMOR
06-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Bling Bling, Baby.....