PDA

View Full Version : Looks like no more reputation any more.

VFFTSGT
04-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Not the first time they did away with it...

OtisRNeedleman
04-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Must have happened overnight. Wonder why. Oh, well, no big deal.

sandsjames
04-09-2013, 07:54 PM

I think it just happened in the last 3 hours or so. I know it was there first thing this morning. 'bout time it's goin

Sergeant eNYgma
04-09-2013, 07:55 PM
O wow, didnt even notice til now...sure it won't be missed much...

imported_CLSE
04-09-2013, 07:56 PM

But, what are we without our reputation?

[Piglet Voice] Oh dear, what will we do??? [/Piglet Voice]

ConfusedAirman
04-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I will miss all of the pointless conversation about reputation points.

sandsjames
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM

+1...this is a statement I would positive rep if I could.

Robert F. Dorr
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Sheesh. The war is over and nobody won.

Greg
04-09-2013, 08:53 PM

Pointless? I don't think you're being very sensitive to those who have esteem issues.

Greg
04-09-2013, 09:01 PM

Merely a skirmish, Bob. We'll now see how brave some are without anything to barter for, or with.

RS6405
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Doesn't everyone look funny without their rep bar ....just saying

F4CrewChick
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Sheesh. The war is over and nobody won. The mods won in their usual passive-aggressive way.

technomage1
04-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Doesn't everyone look funny without their rep bar ....just saying

I feel so naked.....

tiredretiredE7
04-10-2013, 01:04 AM

RFD,

Wrong again. Tak won.

raider8169
04-10-2013, 01:07 AM
It is kinda weird. I actually used that to see how seriously I should take some of the posters that I didnt know by name.

imnohero
04-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Also, the webpage formats correctly on my screen now.

Small changes are appearing daily. They moved it to a new web address, and probably a new (better) server, so they can to software updated on the fly. They seem to have fixed the posts showing up in the wrong order today as well.

Good riddance to rep. points.

Tak
04-10-2013, 02:50 AM
RFD,

Wrong again. Tak won.

"I won? That means there were losers!"
- the grinch who stole Christmas

giggawatt
04-10-2013, 06:56 AM
It is kinda weird. I actually used that to see how seriously I should take some of the posters that I didnt know by name.

That's the intention of the rep system. But this rep system was to jacked up and that's the primary reason why it was pointless.

Personally, I am outraged! I want my little, green, digital squares!

CJSmith
04-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Looks like I need a new avatar.

Greg
04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
FUCK!!! And I was getting ready to build up a 10-profile "carrier strike group" to take down Tak, RFD, and a few others with!

Well, I don't have to now and I suppose that's a good thing.

Glad to be of service.

Rusty Jones
04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
FUCK!!! And I was getting ready to build up a 10-profile "rep army" to take down Tak, RFD, and a few others with!

Robert F. Dorr
04-10-2013, 01:07 PM
FUCK!!! And I was getting ready to build up a 10-profile "rep army" to take down Tak, RFD, and a few others with!

In your dreams. I don't know anything about Tak, who is not a factor -- by linking HIM AND ME, you show that you're unaware of the awesome power of The Force -- but fear not, the reputation points may very well come back. When they do, both you and Tak will be powerless against the forces arrayed at the SECRET REBEL BASE.

Rusty Jones
04-10-2013, 01:14 PM
In your dreams. I don't know anything about Tak, who is not a factor -- by linking HIM AND ME, you show that you're unaware of the awesome power of The Force -- but fear not, the reputation points may very well come back. When they do, both you and Tak will be powerless against the forces arrayed at the SECRET REBEL BASE.

Funny. Some here have sarcastically expressed a feeling of being lost without their rep points, but you... you seem to have a genuine feeling of powerlessness without the ability to neg someone!

Absinthe Anecdote
04-10-2013, 01:22 PM
That's the intention of the rep system. But this rep system was to jacked up and that's the primary reason why it was pointless.

Personally, I am outraged! I want my little, green, digital squares!

That’s a very lucid and well thought reply; however, I’m going to “pretend-neg-rep” you just to stir up some drama.

Perhaps, you can start your own Robot Chicken Eggs Tread (whatever the fuck that is) and rant about me pretend-neg-repping you there.

Better yet, why not start another Tak’s Life Thread? You can lord over that thread as if it is a lofty dominion and delude yourself with daydreams of grandiose retorts and witty quips.

Of course, you’ll have to provide the vast majority of thread views yourself by checking it constantly but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Just drink large amounts of vodka if it starts to appear like a pointless endeavor.

Drackore
04-10-2013, 02:08 PM
No rep system anymore? I can I give Wills a thumbs up for threatening me with lawyers AND physical violence in the same paragraph??? chuckle

giggawatt
04-10-2013, 02:52 PM
That’s a very lucid and well thought reply; however, I’m going to “pretend-neg-rep” you just to stir up some drama.

Perhaps, you can start your own Robot Chicken Eggs Tread (whatever the fuck that is) and rant about me pretend-neg-repping you there.

Better yet, why not start another Tak’s Life Thread? You can lord over that thread as if it is a lofty dominion and delude yourself with daydreams of grandiose retorts and witty quips.

Of course, you’ll have to provide the vast majority of thread views yourself by checking it constantly but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Just drink large amounts of vodka if it starts to appear like a pointless endeavor.

You'd better take that back or else I will unleash the red neg rep dogs all over your ass! You've been warned!

Tak
04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Seriously the silly neg rep is gone, time to
Get back to serious af issues...
Has anyone heard what is actually
Happening with the 6 month epr
And AC review. It can't be top secret,
Is a think tank handling it.

This does not bode well for faith
In the review. Those having been
In awhile know this is akin to
Lip service. Probably why they
Said if review doesnt help then
It's time to move on.
Not way to approach, better
To say I, cmsaf will get this
Fixed and involve people,
Give updates, etc, this is basicALS
Communication folks.
What has been done on review over last month,
Tak wants answers, or ill shut that
6 month review down too!!!

Luvnlife
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
So does that mean the bigger the post count the better?

Absinthe Anecdote
04-10-2013, 05:47 PM

You'd better take that back or else I will unleash the red neg rep dogs all over your ass! You've been warned!

Don’t forget to let it go to your head and start using misspelled Italian colloquialisms and call yourself “The Godfather”.

Oh! If your campaign is successful, be sure to remember to PM the target of your “pretend neg-reps” every other day and ask them if they want a truce. That way you be able to self-validate yourself in a manner that provides a nice warm glow that the vodka just doesn’t do anymore.

Also, if someone manages to post something that does embarrass you, just be dismissive and try to change the subject to AF feedback sessions in a rambling post that is largely incoherent.

Helpful Hint: Use lots of carriage returns so the post will be long and bury the offending post on the previous page.

Tak
04-10-2013, 05:47 PM
And I was going to do the same thing, sign a strategic alliance with you and completely bury TAK and RC with neg reps to the point they are begging for mercy. That said, I'm glad we can't do this now because I am actually starting to enjoy the relative (fragile) peace with those two.

Peace is the way to go...I love it.

FLAPS
04-10-2013, 06:01 PM

And I was going to do the same thing, sign a strategic alliance with you and completely bury TAK and RC with neg reps to the point they are begging for mercy. That said, I'm glad we can't do this now because I am actually starting to enjoy the relative (fragile) peace with those two.

Tak
04-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Don’t forget to let it go to your head and start using misspelled Italian colloquialisms and call yourself “The Godfather”.

Oh! If your campaign is successful, be sure to remember to PM the target of your “pretend neg-reps” every other day and ask them if they want a truce. That way you be able to self-validate yourself in a manner that provides a nice warm glow that the vodka just doesn’t do anymore.

Also, if someone manages to post something that does embarrass you, just be dismissive and try to change the subject to AF feedback sessions in a rambling post that is largely incoherent.

Helpful Hint: Use lots of carriage returns so the post will be long and bury the offending post on the previous page.

Glad we can peacefully coexist.

RobotChicken
04-10-2013, 07:27 PM
:tape:closed_2...."Relative Peace";Explaining Relative Peace MAJOR Power Order,1816-1976. by J.J. Schahczenski, University of Florida.

Pullinteeth
04-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Looks like I need a new avatar.

Nah....just means your reflection is retro!

MisterBen
04-11-2013, 04:07 AM
Now conservatives can post without bashing. ;) But comrades please no negative gay bashing please. ;)

ConfusedAirman
04-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I have a feeling it was the fact that someone learned and posted how to "hack" a supposedly anonymous function.

sandsjames
04-11-2013, 03:48 PM
It's like Teddy Roosevelt's arena. Take it away, and what is there?

What is Teddy Roosevelt's arena? What context is being used here? I'm sure I can google it, but I kind of feel it's your responsibility to explain it to me.

Tak
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
I have a feeling it was the fact that someone learned and posted how to "hack" a supposedly anonymous function.

Nah, i just decided to end it, it caused too much trouble in my forum.

Tak
04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Oh, that's right. The Robin Williams guy.

See, Bob. If you would have just said that we would be in the clear. It's all about context.

context without content = RFD

TVANSCOT
04-11-2013, 04:01 PM
No point in even getting out of bed any more.

Robert F. Dorr
04-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Funny. Some here have sarcastically expressed a feeling of being lost without their rep points, but you... you seem to have a genuine feeling of powerlessness without the ability to neg someone!

sandsjames
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM

What is Teddy Roosevelt's arena? What context is being used here? I'm sure I can google it, but I kind of feel it's your responsibility to explain it to me.

Tak
04-11-2013, 04:13 PM

he was the guy famous for being in "Night at the museum"

sandsjames
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
he was the guy famous for being in "Night at the museum"

See, Bob. If you would have just said that we would be in the clear. It's all about context.

Tak
04-11-2013, 04:21 PM

context without content = RFD

Greg
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM

The following is attributed to Theodore Roosevelt:

"THE MAN IN THE ARENA

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

sandsjames
04-11-2013, 07:09 PM
The following is attributed to Theodore Roosevelt:

"THE MAN IN THE ARENA

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

What does this have to do with "Night at the Museum"?

Tak
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Aaaaahhhhhh, i get it, they are referring to "Night at the Museum Part 2: battle of the Smithsonian"

Greg
04-11-2013, 08:02 PM

It doesn't, short-timer. I believe the quote, widely given to TR, is what RFD is referring to.

I love it when things go south after trying to provide clarity, like some of those twelve-step meetings I hear about.

ConfusedAirman
04-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I just realized that I have one notification pending - a reputation comment. But when I click there is nothing there. I will live the rest of my life not knowing what that last reputation comment may have been, or who posted it. Was it positive or negative? Did they leave a comment? If they did, was it standard language or something unique? Was it heartwarming or a creatively written short essay on the many ways I should go 5v(k myself? This not knowing really sucks. Damn you moderators. Damn you all to hell.

BRUWIN
04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
I just realized that I have one notification pending - a reputation comment. But when I click there is nothing there. I will live the rest of my life not knowing what that last reputation comment may have been, or who posted it. Was it positive or negative? Did they leave a comment? If they did, was it standard language or something unique? Was it heartwarming or a creatively written short essay on the many ways I should go 5v(k myself? This not knowing really sucks. Damn you moderators. Damn you all to hell.

Reminds me of all those feedbacks I never got.

ConfusedAirman
04-11-2013, 11:57 PM

I'm sure they were all positive.

Measure Man
04-12-2013, 01:25 AM

I got the same thing....wondering, wondering...:bathbaby

sandsjames
04-12-2013, 01:40 AM

You mean the mandatory feedbacks that the supervisor says he did and the troop says he received but there's actually no documentation? Yeah, I know all about those feedbacks.

Banned
04-16-2013, 04:49 AM

A microcosm of Iraq. ;)