PDA

View Full Version : You hear Retreat playing, so what do you do?

FLAPS
04-07-2013, 12:17 PM
You're playing golf on a course adjacent to the base and you hear the music loud and clear.

Do you play the "I'm a UC-Berkeley grad, leave me alone" card, or do you stop what you're doing an face the music?

Do you pretend the group on the hole behind you are Muslim extremists who would be "offended," so you keep moving, or do you stop and face the music?

Always seemed awkward to hear the music, but not be "technically" on base to act.

CrustySMSgt
04-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Definitely an awkward situation, would be similar to walking by a baseball stadium and hearing the national anthem playing. Call me a commie bastard, but if I'm not in the "venue" the music is playing for (i.e., the base or baseball stadium), then I'm going with pressing on with what you're doing.

Pullinteeth
04-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Depends how drunk I am?

JD2780
04-07-2013, 01:02 PM
You're playing golf on a course adjacent to the base and you hear the music loud and clear.

Do you play the "I'm a UC-Berkeley grad, leave me alone" card, or do you stop what you're doing an face the music?

Do you pretend the group on the hole behind you are Muslim extremists who would be "offended," so you keep moving, or do you stop and face the music?

Always seemed awkward to hear the music, but not be "technically" on base to act.

I still stop what I'm doing.

Pullinteeth
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Depends how drunk I am?

Stalwart
04-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Me, I would face the music and render appropriate honors.

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
:hat :amen 'Stalwart' :usa2

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 07:41 PM
:hat In a 'Golf Cart'?

JD2780
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
If I'm off base then I'm not stopping what I'm doing. I wouldn't stop my car in the middle of the road offbase, so I wouldn't stop on a golf course adjacent to the base.

Because its a golf cart on a golf course. Not a main road with heavy traffic.

JD2780
04-07-2013, 07:48 PM
If I'm off base then I'm not stopping what I'm doing. I wouldn't stop my car in the middle of the road offbase, so I wouldn't stop on a golf course adjacent to the base.

Because its a golf cart on a golf course. Not a main road with heavy traffic.

sandsjames
04-07-2013, 08:01 PM

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM

:hat See above post!

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Just like a car, you stop (not on the greens), turn down the rap music, put your beer down, put your cigarette out, face forward at the position of attention, and STFU.
:usa Sorry 'Flaps' it was meant to mean 'you can't stop an electric golf cart for 30 sec for our FLAG!' :usa2

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Just like a car, you stop (not on the greens), turn down the rap music, put your beer down, put your cigarette out, face forward at the position of attention, and STFU.
:usa Sorry 'Flaps' it was meant to mean 'you can't stop an electric golf cart for 30 sec for our FLAG!' :usa2

FLAPS
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
:hat In a 'Golf Cart'?

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Klingons have taken control of the forums now...messing up posts and times..