PDA

View Full Version : Can Hagel Handle The Job?

Slyoldawg
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Whenever I see Chuck Hagel stumbling and fumbling trying to find words to respond to a question it makes me wonder. I wonder if he's really capable of filling the position to which he was appointed. Especially now with N Korea foaming at the mouth. I understood Hagel was appointed to downsize the military, but with N Korea raising its ugly head I can't see the military being downsized now, so we have to wonder if Hagel could really handle a war time DOD.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Whenever I see Chuck Hagel stumbling and fumbling trying to find words to respond to a question it makes me wonder. I wonder if he's really capable of filling the position to which he was appointed. Especially now with N Korea foaming at the mouth. I understood Hagel was appointed to downsize the military, but with N Korea raising its ugly head I can't see the military being downsized now, so we have to wonder if Hagel could really handle a war time DOD.

I know what you mean but you never can tell how someone will do in those positions.

At one time I thought Donald Rumsfeld was uniquely qualified for the position but I completely changed my mind about him.

I lost all faith in him after I heard firsthand accounts of his “snowflake” memos.

I’m not very optimistic about Hagel either but I’m hoping he won’t do too much damage.

BTW, I think open conflict in Korea isn’t very likely.

KellyinAvon
04-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm sure he'll do as well as Les Aspin.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-06-2013, 10:23 PM

I know what you mean but you never can tell how someone will do in those positions.

At one time I thought Donald Rumsfeld was uniquely qualified for the position but I completely changed my mind about him.

I lost all faith in him after I heard firsthand accounts of his “snowflake” memos.

I’m not very optimistic about Hagel either but I’m hoping he won’t do too much damage.

BTW, I think open conflict in Korea isn’t very likely.

Slyoldawg
04-06-2013, 10:36 PM
" ... BTW, I think open conflict in Korea isn’t very likely."

I think war with them could start accidently if something the retarded idiot, Young 'un, does is misunderstood by our leaders, again I point to Hagel.

Slyoldawg
04-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm sure he'll do as well as Les Aspin.

That guy was a major example of human waste there ever was

Absinthe Anecdote
04-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I think war with them could start accidently if something the retarded idiot, Young 'un, does is misunderstood by our leaders, again I point to Hagel.

The young “Un” is probably being guided by his Auntie Kim and Uncle Nam…

I would much rather see that regime implode and crumble from within. Let’s hope it doesn’t spark off because of bungling.

Thunderhorse19
04-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Les Aspin was an oxygen thief, but no one can match the corruption of Dick Cheney and Casper Weinberger. Mumble-mouthed Hagel will have to settle for a distant fourth.

Robert F. Dorr
04-06-2013, 11:10 PM

The current situation with North Korea will crest before there is any change in the size of the U.S. armed forces.

Hagel often seems awkward but the real question is whether he can take charge of the monster. It's easy to be pessimistic. But, as others point out, at least he isn't Louis Johnson, Les Aspin, Bill Cohen, or Don Rumsfeld.

RobotChicken
04-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Think he was 'set up to fail perhaps'?

Slyoldawg
04-06-2013, 11:26 PM

Well, he was a republican and we know what the president thinks of republicans. You make a good point

Robert F. Dorr
04-07-2013, 12:17 AM

By whom? And why?

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 12:59 AM
:hat That is for you to figure out 'Sherlock Holmes' ; not in my research area.

tiredretiredE7
04-07-2013, 01:44 AM

Obama intentionally surrounds himself with idiots so he will have someone to blame for his failures. Hagel is the perfect fall guy.

Robert F. Dorr
04-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Obama intentionally surrounds himself with idiots so he will have someone to blame for his failures. Hagel is the perfect fall guy.

Boy, that's pretty serious. You think?

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 03:01 AM
"Elementary, my......"

Chief_KO
04-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes. He will meet or exceed the CINC's expectations. The DoD will be pale reflection of what it was 25 years ago, continuing its downward spiral since Desert Storm. Continued cuts will be made to the DoD, since all other federal agencies have been deemed "vital" to the Nation. The Department of Peace (an honest to goodness proposal) will replace the DoD on the cabinet, as the DoD becomes part of DHS.

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
:hat And that "A Global Farce for Geeks" will become the new 'Loony Bin Bay Yacht Club'. (no weapons allowed) :music

BOSS302
04-07-2013, 04:29 PM
"The U.S. has delayed an intercontinental ballistic missile test planned for next week amid mounting tensions with North Korea, a senior defense official has said.
The official told Associated Press that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel decided to put off the long-planned Minuteman 3 test, due to take place at an Air Force base in California, until sometime next month because of concerns the launch could be misinterpreted and exacerbate the Korean crisis.
The test was not connected to the ongoing annual military exercises by the U.S. and South Korea in the region which have angered North Korea"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305247/Pentagon-delays-missile-tests-amid-fears-ratchet-tensions-Korea.html#comments

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 05:02 PM
:hat King-Wong-Whoo's only issues are when he's outta toilet Tissues! :lock1