PDA

View Full Version : AFSC Stereotypes

RFScott
04-04-2013, 09:03 PM
You forgot about how Medical/Dental/Finance/Personnel take every Friday off for "training" ;)

Jamethon
04-04-2013, 09:22 PM
All Security Forces does is check ID's.

All Personnel does is lose my paperwork.

All Services does is make bland food.

All Crew Chiefs do is bathe in grease.

All RPA operators do is play a video game.

All Finance does is sit around and screw up my pay.

All the hospital does is give me ibuprofen.

All the dental clinic does is stab my gums.

All contracting does is.. I don't really know..

What other stuff do other jobs do that you see for face value?

RFScott
04-04-2013, 09:26 PM
You forgot about how Medical/Dental/Finance/Personnel take every Friday off for "training" ;)

imported_DannyJ
04-04-2013, 11:50 PM
All maintainers bitch.

All fuels huff the JP8.

All comm does is... wait... wtf does comm do?!

raider8169
04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
All comm does is... wait... wtf does comm do?!

Make sure facebook and youtube are working 24/7.

I didnt see Ammo on the list but last I heard they dont do shit

Capt Alfredo
04-05-2013, 01:04 AM
1N3s play Dungeons and Dragons all day. Now I suppose it's World of Warcraft or something more modern. Same idea.

Edit: why does the system say I posted this at 8:04 when it was 8:28? I see the forums are still jacked up.

RobotChicken
04-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Make sure facebook and youtube are working 24/7.

I didnt see Ammo on the list but last I heard they dont do shit
:hat I'll bet they all ace the PT exams humpin' all that ammo for 5k's drills every year...:yo

ConfusedAirman
04-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Cooks are Security Forces tech school drop-outs (or is it the other way around?)

G*D D*MN! This forum is all jacked up with post timing.

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 04:19 PM
This youtube video perfectly sums up the Finance stereotypes. The sad thing is most of them are pretty accurate. I think it may have been an inside job.

sandsjames
04-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Awesome. Been a while since we've done these.

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 04:43 PM
This youtube video perfectly sums up the Finance stereotypes. The sad thing is most of them are pretty accurate. I think it may have been an inside job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSLmayNkEE

Maybe we could even expand this thread to general military stereotypes. A very accurate stereotype is that military people love to get married and divorced. I have seen marriages where a person re-married literally the same day their last divorce became final. Also saw a guy who was a MSgt but paying so much child support he was bringing home about the same pay as an A1C.

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Definitely an inside job. I suspect that if you've worked in Finance at any point in at least the last 30 years, and if you've worked the counter, you've encountered that Captain countless times. I love the fact that the video brought up the bullsh*t line about giving a crap about airmen in the dorms. It was always tough not to roll my eyes at that one, especially considering I was an airman in the dorms.

Captains are always the worst customers. I had a Captain who wanted to file a supplemental voucher because we forgot to pay $4 in ATM fees. I offered to pay him $4 from my pocket to make up for it. He insisted that it was not about the money it was "the principle of the thing". When I explained that processing a supplemental voucher that costs $10 just to pay him $4 did not make any sense he still kept insisting. Processing a voucher to correct a mistake like that is not going to teach anyone a lesson. He was just trying to be difficult.

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Definitely an inside job. I suspect that if you've worked in Finance at any point in at least the last 30 years, and if you've worked the counter, you've encountered that Captain countless times. I love the fact that the video brought up the bullsh*t line about giving a crap about airmen in the dorms. It was always tough not to roll my eyes at that one, especially considering I was an airman in the dorms.

Captains are always the worst customers. I had a Captain who wanted to file a supplemental voucher because we forgot to pay $4 in ATM fees. I offered to pay him $4 from my pocket to make up for it. He insisted that it was not about the money it was "the principle of the thing". When I explained that processing a supplemental voucher that costs $10 just to pay him $4 did not make any sense he still kept insisting. Processing a voucher to correct a mistake like that is not going to teach anyone a lesson. He was just trying to be difficult.

Pullinteeth
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Recruiters are highly respected honorable professionals....

imported_Shove_your_stupid_meeting
04-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Maybe we could even expand this thread to general military stereotypes. A very accurate stereotype is that military people love to get married and divorced. I have seen marriages where a person re-married literally the same day their last divorce became final. Also saw a guy who was a MSgt but paying so much child support he was bringing home about the same pay as an A1C.

04-05-2013, 05:52 PM

I believe it. We've all dealt with them, and they're all utterly ridiculous.

I used to wonder wtf was going on outside of Finance, and how bad things must be for everyone since so many seemed so desperate to share their sad stories at the counter. Then I started taking jobs outside of CPTS, one after another after another, and found out that a lot of people are full of it when talking about how hard they have it. A big reason I haven't returned to a CPTS in over a decade is because there seems to be far less bullsh*t to deal with outside of one than there is inside of one, despite what people may believe. I wish they were the luxurious dream jobs where everyone just surfs the net for 2 hours, effs up about 10 peoples pay just for the Hell of it with a simple push of a key, and then goes home, but unfortunately I never worked in one of those Finance offices. :(

04-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Double post on this effed up site.

JD2780
04-05-2013, 05:59 PM
1C4 are in shape bad asses. Common misconception. Many are out of shape jackasses that would be booted from the AF if they were in a different job

Some are in top condition and would still be booted.

Rusty Jones
04-05-2013, 06:45 PM
All Navy SH's (the guys responsible for the ship's store, vending machines, barber shop, and laundry) like to dig into the laundry bags from the female berthing and sniff their panties.

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 06:55 PM
All Navy SH's (the guys responsible for the ship's store, vending machines, barber shop, and laundry) like to dig into the laundry bags from the female berthing and sniff their panties.

Everyone in the Navy is an alcoholic who just goes from port to port banging hookers and getting black out drunk............Wait? That is actually true? Shit! why did I join the AF? Dammit!

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 06:55 PM

Everyone in the Navy is an alcoholic who just goes from port to port banging hookers and getting black out drunk............Wait? That is actually true? Shit! why did I join the AF? Dammit!

SomeRandomGuy
04-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I believe it. We've all dealt with them, and they're all utterly ridiculous.

I used to wonder wtf was going on outside of Finance, and how bad things must be for everyone since so many seemed so desperate to share their sad stories at the counter. Then I started taking jobs outside of CPTS, one after another after another, and found out that a lot of people are full of it when talking about how hard they have it. A big reason I haven't returned to a CPTS in over a decade is because there seems to be far less bullsh*t to deal with outside of one than there is inside of one, despite what people may believe. I wish they were the luxurious dream jobs where everyone just surfs the net for 2 hours, effs up about 10 peoples pay just for the Hell of it with a simple push of a key, and then goes home, but unfortunately I never worked in one of those Finance offices. :(

You never worked at one of those places? I worked at a few places where I was almost positive some of my co-workers were doing exactly what you described. As it turns out they were not intentionally effing up people's pay they were just stupid. I have also found that life outside the CPTS is much better. For whatever reason the CPTS always has the most obstructionists who treat every expense as if they were paying for it personally. "You want $2 per day in laundry? Hell No! Not going to happen on my watch".......Then the customer shows up with the regulation and you end up processing a supplemental voucher and it costs the government more in time and wasted effort than it ever would have to just pay the expense. My philosophy was always to try and pay everything I could. I figure the sooner we run out of money the less work I have to do later. Why nickel and dime people at the beginning of the year and then blow all your money at the end?

OtisRNeedleman
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
1N3s play Dungeons and Dragons all day. Now I suppose it's World of Warcraft or something more modern. Same idea.

Edit: why does the system say I posted this at 8:04 when it was 8:28? I see the forums are still jacked up.

What are 1N3s? Linguists?

BRUWIN
04-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Why is it that almost all Ammo guys are thick as two short planks and hit a softball like they are Barry Bonds? I hate playing them. They get in the dugout cage and they look like a bunch of guerillas getting ready for feeding time at the zoo. None of them actrtually speak any coherent words...they just grunt. Two years ago I played them and I had to pitch because the regular pitcher pussed out. The very first batter hit the second pitch not just over the fench, but also over the 70 foot pine trees behind them...it cleared everything and must have went 600 feet. I was furious and I intentionally walked him for the rest of the game. He was pissed and looked like he wanted to kick my ass after the second time I walked him. I told him "you want to hit shots like that on the very first at bat then I wouldn't bother even picking up a bat the rest of the game." As most of you probably know, you don't even pitch on an intentional walk if you don't want to....you just tell the ump to send the guy to first base. I walked him twice after and he never did get to swing a bat again. The guy was fuming.

Ammo guys are lunkheads

Greg
04-05-2013, 09:55 PM

That's just a myth, totally untrue.

imported_chipotleboy
04-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Lieutenant Colonels are usually the biggest A-holes because they are all itching to wear eagles on their shoulders.

At WPAFB, it's even worse, because they are either being arrested for soliciting prostitution or beating their kids.

OtisRNeedleman
04-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Lieutenant Colonels are usually the biggest A-holes because they are all itching to wear eagles on their shoulders.

At WPAFB, it's even worse, because they are either being arrested for soliciting prostitution or beating their kids.

I think a number of colonels are up there with lieutenant colonels in assholiness, since they want that star.

Capt Alfredo
04-06-2013, 01:28 AM
What are 1N3s? Linguists?

Yep, should have said 208s for you old-timers :-) Of course, I was a 208 for a few years...

Robert F. Dorr
04-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Yep, should have said 208s for you old-timers :-) Of course, I was a 208 for a few years...

Yes but old-timers were 203s.

strataboomer
04-06-2013, 04:08 AM
All Security Forces does is check ID's.

All Personnel does is lose my paperwork.

All Services does is make bland food.

All Crew Chiefs do is bathe in grease.

All RPA operators do is play a video game.

All Finance does is sit around and screw up my pay.

All the hospital does is give me ibuprofen.

All the dental clinic does is stab my gums.

All contracting does is.. I don't really know..

What other stuff do other jobs do that you see for face value?

Wow...no one is picking on aircrew yet.....? Or is that horse dead....

OtisRNeedleman
04-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Yes but old-timers were 203s.

I was a 203, then a 208 before I became an 8035. Later on became a T8035, then a C8011, an 8016, ended up a 14N4.

KellyinAvon
04-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Wow...no one is picking on aircrew yet.....? Or is that horse dead....

NO HORSE IS TOO DEAD TO BEAT!!

Is anybody on this or any other planet more arrogant than an Eagle-Driver?

Vrake
04-06-2013, 01:36 PM

You obviously have not completed your trafficking in human persons training. We the squids finished it and have become teetotalers.

It didn't say anything about sheep though :madgrin

MACHINE666
04-06-2013, 11:07 PM
4N0X1 careerfield is full of idiots.

4E0X1 careerfield is full of idiots who can read.

4F0X1 careerfield WAS full of know-it-all douchebags.

God, I miss being a 4F.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Now we are comparing 'Zoomies with SQUIDS'?? At least they have pure O2 in the AM.......we just 'suck it up'!

JD2780
04-07-2013, 12:36 AM
All SERE guys are PJ/CCT washouts wannabe door kickers, etc.

Is it a stereotype if its a fact?

Airborne
04-07-2013, 12:49 AM

JD2780
04-07-2013, 01:00 AM

Is it a stereotype if its a fact?

RobotChicken
04-07-2013, 02:14 AM
:hat The 'Breaks' of NAVAL AIR' are a FACT!

jondstewart
04-07-2013, 04:50 AM
My stereotypes and misconceptions:

Security Forces check ID's, issue speeding tickets, and have the ego of a young Army or Marine grunt
Logistics folks sit at a computer filling out 1149's and palletize items
Medical folks check blood pressure and prescribe Motrin
Services folks flip burgers and pass out towels
Transportation folks drive busses
Weather folks stare at an AMOS and document 3803's
CE folks stay at the office and dispatch or assist the civilians doing the work
Dorm managers watch TV all day
Aircraft maintenance have a difficult job maintaining engines
Mechanics get covered in grease and aren't very bright
Cryptologists are fluent in many languages and very intelligent

VEGAS18
04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
What about Safety troops? I heard they were basically awesome!

JD2780
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
What about Safety troops? I heard they were basically awesome!

Awesome at their job, which is ruining everybody else's day!!!

imported_chipotleboy
04-08-2013, 07:26 PM

If so, it would probably be an F-22 driver.

Actually, my last visit to Nellis, I was treated very politely and deferentially by a whole building of fighter pilots. Yes, sir. No, sir. Can I refresh your coffee, sir? They even laughed at my jokes. It probably helped that I was part of an SES's entourage. Good times...

SomeRandomGuy
04-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Actually, my last visit to Nellis, I was treated very politely and deferentially by a whole building of fighter pilots. Yes, sir. No, sir. Can I refresh your coffee, sir? They even laughed at my jokes. It probably helped that I was part of an SES's entourage. Good times...

One time I was doing finance in-processing for the MAJCOM commander. Since he was a 4 star he had a Capt as his executive. I was in the middle of explaining something and he stopped me and looked up at his executive. He says, "Hey, Capt. can I have a cup of coffee? Capt. says "oh, yes sir, of course". A few minutes later Capt. returns with the cup of coffee and quietly hands it to the Gen. The Gen stops me again and looks at Capt and says, "oh yeah, I need cream and sugar also". The captain of course says yes sir and heads towards the door. The Gen stops him again and says, "Amn SomeRandomGuy, would you like anything?" I turn to the Capt and say, "I would also love a coffee with cream and sugar". The Captain says no problem and leaves to get more cream and sugar for the General and also to make an A1C a cup of coffee. I am sure he loved his job as the General's executive.

WeaponsTSGT
04-10-2013, 06:25 PM

THis is only true for the ones that haven't landed with spruce tree branches hanging off of the aircraft. But yes 22 pilots are much more arrogant than 15 pilots.

JD2780
04-10-2013, 07:28 PM

A-10 drivers.

JD2780
04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
:clock "And a chicken sandwich with lettuce,tomato, and mayo too please."

And that right there is the price some tools pay to make maj. So pathetic.

RobotChicken
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
One time I was doing finance in-processing for the MAJCOM commander. Since he was a 4 star he had a Capt as his executive. I was in the middle of explaining something and he stopped me and looked up at his executive. He says, "Hey, Capt. can I have a cup of coffee? Capt. says "oh, yes sir, of course". A few minutes later Capt. returns with the cup of coffee and quietly hands it to the Gen. The Gen stops me again and looks at Capt and says, "oh yeah, I need cream and sugar also". The captain of course says yes sir and heads towards the door. The Gen stops him again and says, "Amn SomeRandomGuy, would you like anything?" I turn to the Capt and say, "I would also love a coffee with cream and sugar". The Captain says no problem and leaves to get more cream and sugar for the General and also to make an A1C a cup of coffee. I am sure he loved his job as the General's executive.

JD2780
04-10-2013, 07:55 PM

imported_chipotleboy
04-10-2013, 09:08 PM

A price I once paid...as a nonrated guy coming up on major in an ACC flying wing. It worked, but in retrospect, I was probably better off separating before I took that assignment.

When I came up on my O-4 board, promotion opportunity was only in the 70 percent range. And there hadn't been anyone in a non-rated officer AFSC promoted to Major or Lt Col that wing for at least 5 years because all of the DPs went to pilots. If I wanted to stay in the game...I had to play the game.

Jamethon
04-10-2013, 09:14 PM

If you see the competition for Major.. sheesh. Officer promotions are the epitome of politics.

JD2780
04-10-2013, 10:32 PM
If you see the competition for Major.. sheesh. Officer promotions are the epitome of politics.

Yes hence why there are so many douche bags at major

F4CrewChick
04-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Captains are always the worst customers. I had a Captain who wanted to file a supplemental voucher because we forgot to pay $4 in ATM fees. I offered to pay him $4 from my pocket to make up for it. He insisted that it was not about the money it was "the principle of the thing". When I explained that processing a supplemental voucher that costs $10 just to pay him $4 did not make any sense he still kept insisting. Processing a voucher to correct a mistake like that is not going to teach anyone a lesson. He was just trying to be difficult.He wasn't trying. There is no try. 0-3 is a sucky rank.

F4CrewChick
04-11-2013, 09:57 AM

Maybe we could even expand this thread to general military stereotypes. A very accurate stereotype is that military people love to get married and divorced. I have seen marriages where a person re-married literally the same day their last divorce became final. Also saw a guy who was a MSgt but paying so much child support he was bringing home about the same pay as an A1C.OMG is this perfect!

F4CrewChick
04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I was a 203, then a 208 before I became an 8035. Later on became a T8035, then a C8011, an 8016, ended up a 14N4.Thank you fro the abbreviation salad Otis.