PDA

View Full Version : The CNO wants you to stay Navy.

ExChief
04-04-2013, 07:11 PM
:cheer2 I just can't believe what I just read. :horn The CNO wants you to stay Navy.:dance

It seems that the Navy is short 3,000 sailors in certain specialties. :cry But wait, didn't the Navy just go through a reduction in Force less than a year ago?:target And if I read correctly, The Navy is, as usual, slightly over manned in the officer ranks. :sad

It's good to see the CNO spreading the love...for now. :popcorn

RFScott
04-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Well according to all the AFN commercials I got bombarded with for the last six months, the Navy is an "Employer of Choice". Surely they wouldn't have been lying to me.......LOL

JD2780
04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
:cheer2 I just can't believe what I just read. :horn The CNO wants you to stay Navy.:dance

It seems that the Navy is short 3,000 sailors in certain specialties. :cry But wait, didn't the Navy just go through a reduction in Force less than a year ago?:target And if I read correctly, The Navy is, as usual, slightly over manned in the officer ranks. :sad

It's good to see the CNO spreading the love...for now. :popcorn

Then force cross train folks into other rates.

ExChief
05-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Well according to all the AFN commercials I got bombarded with for the last six months, the Navy is an "Employer of Choice". Surely they wouldn't have been lying to me.......LOL

Here's the real deal. If I were an eighteen year old male living in my city with the following employment options, I would join the Navy:

Working as a fragrance consultant at Dillard's Department Store.
Working as a cashier at ABC Liquor.
Selling iPhone accessories at a mall kiosk.
Selling women's shoes and accessories at the local mall.

That seems to be the employment roundup for most of the the non-college bound young males in my city. :help

Navy Mustang
07-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Here's the real deal. If I were an eighteen year old male living in my city with the following employment options, I would join the Navy:

Working as a fragrance consultant at Dillard's Department Store.
Working as a cashier at ABC Liquor.
Selling iPhone accessories at a mall kiosk.
Selling women's shoes and accessories at the local mall.

That seems to be the employment roundup for most of the the non-college bound young males in my city. :help

But oh my goodness, they will have to practice TEAMWORK and actually put in a hard day's work! Can you imagine? haha