PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to laugh...

EOMFD/GFYM8
03-29-2013, 12:04 AM
...every morning when the guys from the fitness assessment cell wheel six situp mats through the weight room on a cart?

Robert F. Dorr
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
...every morning when the guys from the fitness assessment cell wheel six situp mats through the weight room on a cart?

I'll have to give you my answer later. Right now, I have to drive to my exercise class.

Greg
03-29-2013, 12:14 AM

Yep, same as when some spandex wearing pencil-neck wants to turn a fan off because it's too cold!

RobotChicken
03-29-2013, 12:18 AM

:lock1 And with a bake sale going on with diet soda. :pound

imported_ManOSteel
03-29-2013, 02:52 AM
And the medics do a group PT circuit that involves rolling around on big rubber balls and skipping in place--not that I ever had to do that...

technomage1
03-29-2013, 07:26 AM
And the medics do a group PT circuit that involves rolling around on big rubber balls and skipping in place--not that I ever had to do that...

Maybe it's just coincidence, but at all the bases I've ever been at medical always has the worst fitness record of all the squadrons. You'd think the folks in the Health care industry would be the best - so it's always puzzled me to see them dropping out of 1.5 mile wing runs or to see their failure rates on the slides. I know they don't get time for unit PT, but neither does mx and they do ok.

I all think its funny the percentage that smokes. Again, you'd think they would know better.

giggawatt
03-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Maybe it's just coincidence, but at all the bases I've ever been at medical always has the worst fitness record of all the squadrons. You'd think the folks in the Health care industry would be the best - so it's always puzzled me to see them dropping out of 1.5 mile wing runs or to see their failure rates on the slides. I know they don't get time for unit PT, but neither does mx and they do ok.

I all think its funny the percentage that smokes. Again, you'd think they would know better.

You'd think that all that time they're closed they'd spend some of that time doing some PT.

TREYSLEDGE
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I think if you look around you'll see plenty of contradiction and irony in the Air Force, and you have to laugh and realize (hopefully) that is not the norm. Otherwise, I would just shake my head in embarassment and become overly cynical.

JD2780
03-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Irony like dumb asses fixing multi million dollar assets.

BRUWIN
03-30-2013, 12:03 AM
I think if you look around you'll see plenty of contradiction and irony in the Air Force.

It is pretty funny though...like the leader who sends out an e-mail to tell everybody that you can't lead by e-mail.

RobotChicken
03-30-2013, 12:10 AM
:spy 'Twelve O'Clock High' movie and series should be an 'AF-101' requirement for promotion follow by a verbal exam for all officers. 'IMO of course'. :plane

EOMFD/GFYM8
03-30-2013, 01:31 AM
A good quote on irony:

“Each Javelin round costs $80,000, and the idea that it's fired by a guy who doesn't make that in a year at a guy who doesn't make that in a lifetime is somehow so outrageous it almost makes the war seem winnable.”

― Sebastian Junger, War

Pullinteeth
04-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Not if you want to pass your fitness test...