PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Colonel Relieved for Failing PT

SeaLawyer
03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2013/03/air-force-colonel-relieved-for-failing-pt-032013w

While I personally don't believe the PT test invalidates one's ability to do their military functions, I do understand the "appearance" factor.

I hate seeing someone separtated for this; however, given the high number of Enlisted members I've seen ousted for this same situation, I'm glad to see some action alleviating the long enduring double standard.

BURAWSKI
03-27-2013, 10:57 PM
This is just an indication of how far out of touch I've become. I know when I was in that this would have never happened. Reminds me of that Bob Dylan song "The Times...They Are A-Changin'" and it isn't going to be pretty. Just to be clear though. My perspective on this is that he wasn't relieved for failing the PT. No, that was the excuse given but the real reason was to send a message and make an example out of him. This difference in today's military is that no one really covers for anyone. It seems to be all for one and one for none but themselves. In my book that is pure BS.

efmbman
03-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Is this the same COL..?

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?1595592-Wing-CC-gets-fired-becuase-of-PT-Test!

Chief Bosun
03-28-2013, 01:22 PM
There is more to this than we are seeing here.

I don't know AF standards so I can't speak with authority on whether this was right or wrong.

One thing that comes to mind is was this his first PT issue or were there previous concerns?

Another is just because he has a stellar record does not mean he did not have issues - it simply means that any shortcomings could not be documented and as a result he had a great track record by default. This was simply the first opportunity anyone had to take administrative action against him.

Third, and we may never know this, was there an underlying medical issue involved? If so, he may have been given a bum rap.

In any event, what is done is done, and he has to move forward from the situation.