PDA

View Full Version : Officers much happier than Enlisted members

SeaLawyer
03-27-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.navytimes.com/prime/2013/03/PRIME-military-times-2013-poll-officers-happier-than-enlisted-032613/

Imagine that: "Officers much happier than Enlisted members"...

Uhh uhhhhh... I don't believe it.

forcedj
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Geez! This looks like another case of Military Times stirring the pot. I don’t know if the rest of the article details it or not, but I’d like to see some demographics of the 2100 people they asked. Are they the disgruntled people who went to Captain’s Mast that day; got their leave cancelled; deployment extended; etc?

Dam

RobotChicken
03-27-2013, 07:31 PM
:cheer2 Activities tonight at the O'club are 'pole dancing,go-go-girls,all you can drink happy hour for $2 bucks and buffet,and bus to get you home! Officers only, no civilian type officers. :drum NO TAILHookers allowed.:whoo

forcedj
03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
:cheer2 Activities tonight at the O'club are 'pole dancing,go-go-girls,all you can drink happy hour for $2 bucks and buffet,and bus to get you home! Officers only, no civilian type officers. :drum NO TAILHookers allowed.:whoo

Meanwhile...
The enlisted club will be closing at its usual time of 2030 (last call at 2000). Only those with three non-drinking liberty buddies in company, and properly signed out at their command's quarterdeck may consume alcoholic beverages. All hands must be in their residence by 2100. There will be a muster.

Enjoy your evening!

That is all.

Dan

SeaLawyer
03-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Meanwhile...
...All hands must be in their residence by 2100. There will be a muster...

Dan

... And don't forget, no civies allowed. You must be in uniform of the day!

Steve45213
03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
....and coming up next on All Things Obvious we have a special report on how fire is hot.

RobotChicken
03-27-2013, 08:31 PM
... And don't forget, no civies allowed. You must be in uniform of the day!
:cry always a 'Catch-22'...:mad2

SeaLawyer
03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
....and coming up next on All Things Obvious we have a special report on how fire is hot.

HA! Good one Steve!

Mr. Squid
03-29-2013, 10:35 PM
I honestly can't believe this comes as any surprise. Officers have always had fewer reasons to complain, do so less often, and even so, complain with less discontent. This is as true as the night is dark. I know that both sides have their respective gripes, but at the end of the day, I'd rather be commissioned than where I am now as non-commissioned.

http://militarytimes.com/static/projects/pages/military-poll-2013.pdf (http://militarytimes.com/static/projects/pages/military-poll-2013.pdf)

RobotChicken
03-29-2013, 11:05 PM
:spy They just polled 0-7 and above because there are so many to constitute a poll anyway to get the results they want! :deadhorse

forcedj
03-29-2013, 11:05 PM
This thread is reminding me of something my very first Chief said to me...back in the days when we still collected a printed paycheck every two weeks. He told me: "A b!tchin' sailor is a happy sailor. If all he had to do was come in every two weeks and pick up his check...he'd b!tch that it wasn't mailed to him."

Dan

RobotChicken
03-29-2013, 11:19 PM
This thread is reminding me of something my very first Chief said to me...back in the days when we still collected a printed paycheck every two weeks. He told me "A b!tchin' sailor is a happy sailor. If all he had to do was come in every two weeks and pick up his check...he'd b!tch that it wasn't mailed to him."

Dan

:spy Hell,I remember going to the disbursing officer in the passageway with two marines packing .45's paying us with cash on the 'bird farm'. :high5