PDA

View Full Version : When we these guys ever....

BRUWIN
03-27-2013, 10:28 AM
STFU????

I still hold a pretty high opinion of them but lately some just can't seem to let the OBL raid go and they seem to want some sort of glory. Much of the mystique in the past about them was that they used to be totally the opposite. And it's funny...if you ever work for them they will run your ass outta town if you even whisper the wrong thing to the wrong person. But here are the same people running their mouths on the front page of every national publication every few months. What's happening to these guys?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/world/bergen-who-killed-bin-laden/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Deploy Me Please
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
I bet most of the guys in that community are embarrassed as hell. It isn't unprecedented, though. It just seems to be happening more often. I suppose that will happen as the community grows.

JD2780
03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Yes they need to shut their mouths. It's no different than any other job. You don't want people constantly running to the media running their mouths.

tiredretiredE7
03-27-2013, 02:25 PM
STFU????

I still hold a pretty high opinion of them but lately some just can't seem to let the OBL raid go and they seem to want some sort of glory. Much of the mystique in the past about them was that they used to be totally the opposite. And it's funny...if you ever work for them they will run your ass outta town if you even whisper the wrong thing to the wrong person. But here are the same people running their mouths on the front page of every national publication every few months. What's happening to these guys?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/world/bergen-who-killed-bin-laden/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

This will continue to happen as long as unpatriotic Americans who know better go to see movies based on the tactics of SEALS.

thread_cop
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Soon they'll have their own reality show.

JD2780
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
They do. Real housewives of Orange County!!!

Pullinteeth
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Without pictures....oh, nevermind..

bigKranium
03-27-2013, 08:42 PM
STFU????

What's happening to these guys?

I think a lot of it they are just getting pissed that day in, and day out, that they are told they are the "Silent Professionals". Then their Generals (McCrystal) and their top enlisted (SGM Haney) write books, get crazy endorsements, and retarded TV shows and cash out. Yeah, I just gave two Army examples... Hmmm Marcinko. There is a Navy voice.

But I agree. I think all of them need to be quiet. All of them.

Quixotic
03-27-2013, 08:47 PM
They need to end their reputation points program too it would seem. LOL

Robert F. Dorr
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
STFU????

Don't blame Peter Bergen, who does about as good a job as anyone of covering developments of this kind. My take on your plaint is that it's the Navy Seals you want to STFU and not people like Bergen who cover the story. (I was able to identify this Air Force abbreviation without assistance from Mister Google). The trouble is, the public has an insatiable hunger for Navy SEAL stories. Does anyone know the total number of Navy SEAL books out there? Some military buffs have entire libraries of them. It's easy to get tired of hearing the different versions of the bin Laden kill story but that is not entirely the SEALs' fault. The very first account of the bin Laden raid came from then-White House advisor John Brennan and it was wildly, wildly inaccurate.

BRUWIN
03-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Don't blame Peter Bergen, who does about as good a job as anyone of covering developments of this kind. My take on your plaint is that it's the Navy Seals you want to STFU and not people like Bergen who cover the story. (I was able to identify this Air Force abbreviation without assistance from Mister Google). The trouble is, the public has an insatiable hunger for Navy SEAL stories. Does anyone know the total number of Navy SEAL books out there? Some military buffs have entire libraries of them. It's easy to get tired of hearing the different versions of the bin Laden kill story but that is not entirely the SEALs' fault. The very first account of the bin Laden raid came from then-White House advisor John Brennan and it was wildly, wildly inaccurate.

Reporters are going to report whatever they can get their hands on so I don't blame them. I blame the operators themselves. Part of their job is secrecy and they ain't doing to well at that right now. They are running around to the press saying this and that happened and this guy is full of BS and that guy is an outright liar. What is up with these guys? They need to just STFU once and for all. It seems their "elite" status has gone to their heads.

JD2780
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
What Bru said.

RobotChicken
03-28-2013, 12:08 AM
What Bru said.
:spy Concur from 'other operators'. :tape

JD2780
03-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Not an "operator" more of a fire support and integration expert.

Rainmaker
03-29-2013, 03:38 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/navy-seal-commander-advised-to-get-the-hell-out-of-the-media/