PDA

View Full Version : Civilian Airmen Threa Only

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
This is a new Civilian Airman thread. It is for Civilian Airmen only. "Civilian Airmen" or "Airman" will always be capitalized. You cannot talk on this thread if you are just an Airman Airmen. We will discuss the issues critical to keep our nation's Air Force flying. The Airman Airmen can stick to PT and butt out of our conversations.

Shrike
03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Can retirees offer our insight? I assume we get to use a special title such as "Retiree Airmen" or "Leisure-Indulging Airmen".

Shrike
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Oh and the word "Thread" in your title is suffering from New Orleans Saints Syndrome - no "D".

:biggrin

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Can retirees offer our insight? I assume we get to use a special title such as "Retiree Airmen" or "Leisure-Indulging Airmen".

Yes...but "retiree airmen" cannot be capitalized.

Great to see you back BTW.

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 02:05 PM
There will be not posts in here one day a week, while they travel to furloughland.

Hey...no Airman Airmen!!!!!

Shrike
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes...but "retiree airmen" cannot be capitalized.

Great to see you back BTW.

I agree to your terms.

Thanks!

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM
First issue:

Sequestration - Like it or hate it??

I kinda like it and I hope it sticks. I could use the extra day to pursue other interests.

Sperry1989
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Civilian Airman reporting for duty sir. I am so excited that suckquestration will give me an extra unpaid day off each week. I always thought this gig should have been parttiime anyway.

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Civilian Airman reporting for duty sir. I am so excited that suckquestration will give me an extra unpaid day off each week. I always thought this gig should have been parttiime anyway.

Amen...the only problem with it is shit will fall apart without us there. I also heard whispers of how they might split these hours over 5 days rather than four and I ain't liking it. Are you hearing that?

Sperry1989
03-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Have not heard that one but it would not surprise me. Give leadership enough time and they can make a bad situation worse every time.

Robert F. Dorr
03-26-2013, 02:36 PM

What about "Author Airmen"? Well, come to think of it, I guess not. P.S. - I wrote an opinion column praising Air Force civilians in the mid-1990s but was discouraged from doing the same thing about fifteen years later.

SomeRandomGuy
03-26-2013, 02:49 PM
I need more clarification here: I know what the term Airman means and I think I may have an idea what you mean by Threa but it seems the word civilian has multiple definitions according to dictionary.com. Here are the four defintions listed:

ci·vil·ian
[si-vil-yuhn]

noun
a person who is not on active duty with a military, naval, police, or fire fighting organization.

Informal. anyone regarded by members of a profession, interest group, society, etc., as not belonging; nonprofessional; outsider: We need a producer to run the movie studio, not some civilian from the business world.

a person versed in or studying Roman or civil law.

adjective

of, pertaining to, formed by, or administered by civilians.

Since I have not see any discussion about Roman or Civil Law (at least not until Joe Bonham gets here) I assume definition 3 is out. I also assume you were not using the adjective form so that knocks definition 4 out also.

That leaves us with definitions 1 and 2. Since I am not active Duty Military I assume I can qualify based on defintion 1.

So what is up guys?

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
I need more clarification here: I know what the term Airman means and I think I may have an idea what you mean by Threa but it seems the word civilian has multiple definitions according to dictionary.com. Here are the four defintions listed:

ci·vil·ian
[si-vil-yuhn]

noun
a person who is not on active duty with a military, naval, police, or fire fighting organization.

Informal. anyone regarded by members of a profession, interest group, society, etc., as not belonging; nonprofessional; outsider: We need a producer to run the movie studio, not some civilian from the business world.

a person versed in or studying Roman or civil law.

adjective

of, pertaining to, formed by, or administered by civilians.

Since I have not see any discussion about Roman or Civil Law (at least not until Joe Bonham gets here) I assume definition 3 is out. I also assume you were not using the adjective form so that knocks definition 4 out also.

That leaves us with definitions 1 and 2. Since I am not active Duty Military I assume I can qualify based on defintion 1.

So what is up guys?

I haven't a clue what you are talking about...so you qualify to post here.

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
I wrote an opinion column praising Air Force civilians in the mid-1990s .

OK...you can post here too.

Robert F. Dorr
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Threa? I remember her. That night in Portofino...

Shrike
03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Threa? I remember her. That night in Portofino...

Her? Apparently you didn't notice the prominent Adam's apple.

thread_cop
03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
As a random poster here only to maintain law and order, do I qualify? Or does being a "cop" exclude me?

JD2780
03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm a civilian separated Airman. Also a spouse so that pretty much makes a me a General.

KellyinAvon
03-26-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm at lunch, so I'm posting as a veteran civilian retired airman. Later from home I'll post as Blue-ID Mafia Airman. I haven't been an airman-airman since 07.

Robert F. Dorr
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Her? Apparently you didn't notice the prominent Adam's apple.

Actually, that was the least part of the surprise.

But seriously. The last time I tried to write about Air Force civilians I had a terrible time and wasn't able to get the job done. If I'm going to return to my goal of giving some recognition to Air Force civilians, I need a good hook.

ttribe
03-26-2013, 05:07 PM

It's known as Se-castration around here.:eek:

BENDER56
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Retiree airman here. Sir, I have a question; if I get an extra day off every week does that mean the week is now eight days long?

Sperry1989
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Actually, that was the least part of the surprise.

But seriously. The last time I tried to write about Air Force civilians I had a terrible time and wasn't able to get the job done. If I'm going to return to my goal of giving some recognition to Air Force civilians, I need a good hook.

Good luck with that Bob. Have you ever written an article regarding the deployment of Civilian Airman? If so, I must have missed it.

BRUWIN
03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Retiree airman here. Sir, I have a question; if I get an extra day off every week does that mean the week is now eight days long?

Negative...it means the week is now six days long.

Robert F. Dorr
03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Good luck with that Bob. Have you ever written an article regarding the deployment of Civilian Airman? If so, I must have missed it.

The deployment thereof? No. But I'm willing. Help me get started.

TJMAC77SP
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
As a random poster here only to maintain law and order, do I qualify? Or does being a "cop" exclude me?

Only when PYB comes back.

RobotChicken
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM
He's back with a brief post this Am.

JD2780
03-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Only when PYB comes back.

I spotted him as well. He's been back and done a single post a few times.

ConfusedAirman
03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Was once an Airman Airman. Then a Citizen Soldier (Army Guard). Then a Citizen Airman (Air Guard). Then a Citizen Airman and Civilian Airman (Guard technician). Now just a Retired Citizen Airman but still a Civilian Airman (AF civilian).

Sperry1989
03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Was once an Airman Airman. Then a Citizen Soldier (Army Guard). Then a Citizen Airman (Air Guard). Then a Citizen Airman and Civilian Airman (Guard technician). Now just a Retired Citizen Airman but still a Civilian Airman (AF civilian).

Good God man! Now we know the true meaning behind your screen name.

KellyinAvon
03-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Blue-ID Mafia Airman reporting for duty. I see the Airmen-Airmen have been staying away from the civilian airman only threa (otherwise known as a "thread" on non-civilian airmen areas of the forum). Any Airmen-Airmen caught in these parts will face the full rath of the Blue-ID Mafia. One of our Cappos will write a check for gum at the shoppette using the whole counter so the Airman-Airman holding a bag of Kingsford in one hand and a 12-pack in the other has to wait an unbearably long time. The pen will quit and there will be a story about the time the pen quit while writing a check for gum "back in the day".

VFFTSGT
03-27-2013, 04:41 AM
What about to be civilians...are they allowed?

Quixotic
03-27-2013, 05:34 AM

No Civilians, but Civilian Warriors are allowed.

I think,

I'm not sure,

You see, I'm a Remotely Located Civilian, so I'm a little out of touch sometimes.

KellyinAvon
03-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Airman-Airman!! Airman-Airman!!! :spy This is civilian-airman turf. Back to the PT/EPR threads with you!!:bump2

KellyinAvon
03-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Facial hair: It's cold and I haven't shaved this week!! Not having to sport a hitler-stache is the best ever!

BRUWIN
03-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Second issue:

We have a relaxed dress code on Friday's. I wore a hoodie one Friday and was told it wasn't allowed. I think that policy is racist. What say you guys?

BRUWIN
03-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Second issue:

We have a relaxed dress code on Friday's. I wore a hoodie one Friday and was told it wasn't allowed. I think that policy is racist. What say you guys?

SomeRandomGuy
03-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Second issue:

Sorry Trayvon but the hoodie prohibition is a safety measure not part of the dress code. You see there are plenty of people carrying weapons on a military base. Say one friday you are coming into work during the rain and you have your hood up. When confronted by someone with a gun it is possible you could become involved in an altercation and end up getting killed. The prohibition against hoodies is strictly a safety measure not racist at all.

thread_cop
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Airman-Airman!! Airman-Airman!!! :spy This is civilian-airman turf. Back to the PT/EPR threads with you!!:bump2

I'll try to keep a little stricter on the law and order around here. Sorry I missed that one.

JD2780
03-27-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm a pink ID card holder. Former cac holder. That sounds funny.

Pullinteeth
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
You are of course aware that retirees aren't technically civilians right? The only REAL civilian Airmen are those that are civil service and not retirees....

BRUWIN
03-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Sorry Trayvon but the hoodie prohibition is a safety measure not part of the dress code. You see there are plenty of people carrying weapons on a military base. Say one friday you are coming into work during the rain and you have your hood up. When confronted by someone with a gun it is possible you could become involved in an altercation and end up getting killed. The prohibition against hoodies is strictly a safety measure not racist at all.

Disagree. The only guy who's gonna try to shoot me if I'm wearing a hoodie is Wills Powers...and he's already in jail.

Robert F. Dorr
03-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Disagree. The only guy who's gonna try to shoot me if I'm wearing a hoodie is Wills Powers...and he's already in jail.

Thought he was kind of quiet lately.

Robert F. Dorr
03-27-2013, 06:15 PM
You are of course aware that retirees aren't technically civilians right? The only REAL civilian Airmen are those that are civil service and not retirees....

Like the alleged distinction between retired pay and a pension, that's a meaningless technical point.

jarhead dad
03-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Are non airmen non retired wingnuts allowed to post here?? BTW Wingnut should be capitalized.

BRUWIN
03-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Are non airmen non retired wingnuts allowed to post here?? BTW Wingnut should be capitalized.

Retired Marines can...only because us Civilian Airmen warfighters need other warfighters with much in common.

BENDER56
03-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Negative...it means the week is now six days long.

OK. I guess six days off out of six is just as good as seven days off out of seven.

Rainmaker
03-28-2013, 07:09 PM

Can a Muhfuggah just buy some dam skittles?

JD2780
03-28-2013, 07:16 PM

Shittles.....taste the assholes.

JD2780
03-28-2013, 07:17 PM

Shittles.....taste the assholes.

jarhead dad
03-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Retired Marines can...only because us Civilian Airmen warfighters need other warfighters with much in common.

I will do my utmost at holding the high standards require to be a proud non member of the non airmen civilian airmen war fights club. Is it like the heman women's haters club, buttwheat?

jarhead dad
03-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you non airmen civilian airmen will only be getting 14 extra vacation days instead of 22 from what Hagel just said on the news

BRUWIN
03-28-2013, 10:55 PM
Sounds like you non airmen civilian airmen will only be getting 14 extra vacation days instead of 22 from what Hagel just said on the news

Yeah...which kind of sucks for me as I had plans with that time off.

jarhead dad
03-28-2013, 11:45 PM
I bet, anymore any day off, paid or unpaid is great news for me!! They don't have Walmart greeters anymore so I have to keep working.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-30-2013, 04:14 PM
This is a new Civilian Airman thread. It is for Civilian Airmen only. "Civilian Airmen" or "Airman" will always be capitalized. You cannot talk on this thread if you are just an Airman Airmen. We will discuss the issues critical to keep our nation's Air Force flying. The Airman Airmen can stick to PT and butt out of our conversations.

I’m pretty sure I meet all the criteria for this thread and I would like to use it as a launching point for my new Civilian Airmen PT program.

However, since I have negative rep points now I am doubtful that many people will follow me on Civilian Airmen Warrior Runs.

I had envisioned a grueling 2.5K run to showcase the warrior ethos and impressive PT standards of Civilian Airmen.

KellyinAvon
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
I’m pretty sure I meet all the criteria for this thread and I would like to use it as a launching point for my new Civilian Airmen PT program.

However, since I have negative rep points now I am doubtful that many people will follow me on Civilian Airmen Warrior Runs.

I had envisioned a grueling 2.5K run to showcase the warrior ethos and impressive PT standards of Civilian Airmen.

That doesn't really sound like a Civilian Airman thing, especially on a Saturday. It's nice out, maybe I'll sit in a lawnchair and yell at speeders. Nothing says "Civilian Airman Warrior Ethos" like yelling at speeders from a lawnchair.

Absinthe Anecdote
03-30-2013, 07:20 PM
That doesn't really sound like a Civilian Airman thing, especially on a Saturday. It's nice out, maybe I'll sit in a lawnchair and yell at speeders. Nothing says "Civilian Airman Warrior Ethos" like yelling at speeders from a lawnchair.

You are probably right, I guess I’ll just eat a quart of vanilla fudge ripple ice cream and fall asleep on the sofa while watching Antiques Road Show on PBS.

BRUWIN
03-31-2013, 12:09 AM

Damn...you are red in rep. Damn...it's like someone slashed you in the jugular. They don't hesitate with the knife aroud here. This is definately an AF forum that's for sure.

RobotChicken
03-31-2013, 01:27 AM

:hand WAIT!! I thought the Civilian Airman was monday-friday! Are they in the Reserves every weekend? So they are civilians only on weekends then; but then they could be retired military and not civilians; and just be CIVIL SERVICE off for the weekend. Now how about NAF civilians, are they just 'wanna-be airman' m-f and go flying on weekends in their private planes? Can we call them 'NAF Warrior Airmen' on weekends only? How about 'RobotChicken'?? All this posting on MTF must Ruffle my feathers 24/7 with all the 'Flack' I dodged like a B-17 on 'A Mission to Berlin'! How about the time when I got my Feathers plucked? Did I ask for a Purple Heart? HELL NO! Sucked up the 'Chicken feed' and clucked on! 'TakeNoChicken$hitAirmanWarrior' is struttin' on! :lol :smokin

KellyinAvon
03-31-2013, 01:50 AM
:hand WAIT!! I thought the Civilian Airman was monday-friday! Are they in the Reserves every weekend? So they are civilians only on weekends then; but then they could be retired military and not civilians; and just be CIVIL SERVICE off for the weekend. Now how about NAF civilians, are they just 'wanna-be airman' m-f and go flying on weekends in their private planes? Can we call them 'NAF Warrior Airmen' on weekends only? How about 'RobotChicken'?? All this posting on MTF must Ruffle my feathers 24/7 with all the 'Flack' I dodged like a B-17 on 'A Mission to Berlin'! How about the time when I got my Feathers plucked? Did I ask for a Purple Heart? HELL NO! Sucked up the 'Chicken feed' and clucked on! 'TakeNoChicken$hitAirmanWarrior' is struttin' on! :lol :smokin

Blue-ID Mafia is 24/7/365, sometimes more. Civilian Airman hours haven't been discussed yet.

jarhead dad
03-31-2013, 02:15 PM

That's right the only exercise required when you retire is lazy boy, to fridge for beverage, back to lazy boy. Open beverage hold in one hand, remote in other. Repeat as often as required. Out of lazy boy, to bathroom. Go outside lay in hammock, instruct kids on why they are mowing the lawn wrong, instruct them to go to fridge to retrieve another beverage, repeat as required. Occasionally you may walk to the mailbox if you have the energy to do so. That's retired PT.