PDA

View Full Version : Condolences

Pullinteeth
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the murder of two Marines at Marine Corps Base Quantico on Thursday....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/virginia-quantico-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

May be cynical and I know they aren't discussing motive yet but 1 female and two males that all worked together? I have a hunch....

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2013/03/marine-quantico-base-on-lockdown-following-shooting-032213w

Robert F. Dorr
03-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear about the murder of two Marines at Marine Corps Base Quantico on Thursday....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/virginia-quantico-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

May be cynical and I know they aren't discussing motive yet but 1 female and two males that all worked together? I have a hunch....

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2013/03/marine-quantico-base-on-lockdown-following-shooting-032213w

It's been a tough period for the Marine Corps. Seven killed in a training accident. Three killed in a shooting over a love triangle. Ironically, the latter happened near Triangle, which is near Quantico and not far from me. It's a tragic time for all involved.

Banned
03-24-2013, 03:53 AM
This is a tragic event, and not to twist this into a debate, BUT...

Authorities from the base and Prince William County, Virginia, surrounded the shooter, who was in a barracks not far from where the first shooting occurred.

Law enforcement officials entered the barracks two hours later and discovered the shooter dead, apparently of a self-inflicted wound. The female victim was in the room with him, fatally shot.

So basically, we're paying for all of these LEO with their body armor, assault rifles, armored vehicles... yet they consistently dick around for hours until there's zero chance of actually saving any victims or applying first aid?

tiredretiredE7
03-24-2013, 05:58 PM

So basically, we're paying for all of these LEO with their body armor, assault rifles, armored vehicles... yet they consistently dick around for hours until there's zero chance of actually saving any victims or applying first aid?

Joe,

The entire LE community is in a state of transition of determining if a scenario is an active shooter or hostage situation. The difference between the two is, police will immediately enter the building for an active shooter but will setup a perimeter and wait for a negotiator in a hostage situation. I am guessing they determined this to be a hostage situation and delayed entering the building. I also believe this was the typical love triangle.

Do you believe the shooter was possibly the supervisor of the two he murdered?

JD2780
03-24-2013, 07:22 PM

You a would be up in arms if they stormed in with out attempting to make contact with the suspect. Just cant make Joe happy. MPs aren't half the cops civilian LEs are.

RobotChicken
03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
:doh Nobody at the White House wanted to wake up the POTUS for a decision on the matter. Alot of careers rested on the correct course of action. :sad

Banned
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
You a would be up in arms if they stormed in with out attempting to make contact with the suspect.

Would I?

Just cant make Joe happy. MPs aren't half the cops civilian LEs are.

Hmmm - so you're saying LEO are better trained than the military? Interesting assertion.

ares7
03-25-2013, 02:45 AM
It's a tragic event that no one could have possibly stopped. I hate to think what new regulations the Brass is going to come up with. Time to ban the guns for military!

Robert F. Dorr
03-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Would I?

Hmmm - so you're saying LEO are better trained than the military? Interesting assertion.

I don't think either are well trained for this kind of situation. The problem has already been pointed out: trying to distinguish between an active shooter and a barricade situation. There appears to be no indication law enforcement did anything wrong.

JD2780
03-31-2013, 03:07 AM
Would I?

Yes I whole heartedly believe that.

Banned
04-01-2013, 01:16 AM
I don't think either are well trained for this kind of situation. The problem has already been pointed out: trying to distinguish between an active shooter and a barricade situation. There appears to be no indication law enforcement did anything wrong.

That might be exactly the case... I'm just visualizing in my head that maybe the girl wasn't killed immediately off the bat... and was bleeding on the carpet... while all these dudes are mucking around outside with their body armor and assault rifles.

Yes I whole heartedly believe that.

So you think that little of your own training and expertise? Why so little faith? Have I seen clusterfucks in the military? Absolutely. But I firmly believe that average active duty Soldiers or Marines could whip the behinds of just about any law enforcement organization in the country.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 01:35 AM
That might be exactly the case... I'm just visualizing in my head that maybe the girl wasn't killed immediately off the bat... and was bleeding on the carpet... while all these dudes are mucking around outside with their body armor and assault rifles.

So you think that little of your own training and expertise? Why so little faith? Have I seen clusterfucks in the military? Absolutely. But I firmly believe that average active duty Soldiers or Marines could whip the behinds of just about any law enforcement organization in the country.

Hahaha. Yes I'm not skilled in law enforcement tactics. I can do cqb but that wasn't against US citizens. Marines and Soldiers are MPs. Meaning they have less time for training more for doing deployment related stuff. Where as many large cities have full time swat. Is what they do. The military doesn't.

Banned
04-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Hahaha. Yes I'm not skilled in law enforcement tactics. I can do cqb but that wasn't against US citizens. Marines and Soldiers are MPs. Meaning they have less time for training more for doing deployment related stuff. Where as many large cities have full time swat. Is what they do. The military doesn't.

You mean like dealing with threats without excessively infringing on people's rights and minimizing risk to yourself as much as possible? Hmmm... sounds like a lot of what the military does on a daily basis!

I would also be interested in a comparison of civilian casualties in Afghanistan killed by American troops and civilian casualties in the United States killed by cops - who has killed more?

JD2780
04-01-2013, 02:29 AM
You mean like dealing with threats without excessively infringing on people's rights and minimizing risk to yourself as much as possible? Hmmm... sounds like a lot of what the military does on a daily basis!

I would also be interested in a comparison of civilian casualties in Afghanistan killed by American troops and civilian casualties in the United States killed by cops - who has killed more?

Umm willing to bet we've killed more civilians due fighting a war in a city utilizing air to ground weapons ranging from .50 to 2k. Also there are different rules for cops and troops.

I can see what you think though. Police=bad guys, very bad guys.

Banned
04-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Umm willing to bet we've killed more civilians due fighting a war in a city utilizing air to ground weapons ranging from .50 to 2k. Also there are different rules for cops and troops.

Possibly. Possibly not. I know, in your spirit of always trying to find the truth (lol) you have no interest in seeing the actual statistics... but I am. I also know that if you did see the statistics - and it did turn out that cops kill more civilians than Soldiers... you would still try to deny and justify.

I can see what you think though. Police=bad guys, very bad guys.

I know for a fact you would never oppose them if you had to. You would either run away or side with them.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 02:35 AM
Possibly. Possibly not. I know, in your spirit of always trying to find the truth (lol) you have no interest in seeing the actual statistics... but I am. I also know that if you did see the statistics - and it did turn out that cops kill more civilians than Soldiers... you would still try to deny and justify.

I know for a fact you would never oppose them if you had to. You would either run away or side with them.

Sure Joe. Deny and justify? I can't do both at the same time. Which one Joe? Deny or justify or deny then justify? Which one?

JD2780
04-01-2013, 02:37 AM
I bet I could keep you yabbering away all night. Just flapping your gums in response to anything I post. So simple.

Banned
04-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Sure Joe. Deny and justify? I can't do both at the same time. Which one Joe? Deny or justify or deny then justify? Which one?

Read man. Read!

Deny - pretend it didn't happen

Justify - when its proven it did happen, try to explain it away.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 02:50 AM
Read man. Read!

Deny - pretend it didn't happen

Justify - when its proven it did happen, try to explain it away.

Read man read. You said I would deny and justify. So you meant to say deny THEN justify. It's ok. I understand your mistakes. Silly Joe.

Banned
04-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Read man read. You said I would deny and justify. So you meant to say deny THEN justify. It's ok. I understand your mistakes. Silly Joe.

So that's what its come down to buddy? Correcting grammar? Aren't there some news sources you should be reading up on?

Here - let's play a game (assuming you don't wimp out again) - sort out the "spin" in these three stories for me:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04/01/us-reportedly-sends-f-22-jets-to-join-south-korea-drills/
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/31/world/asia/us-korea-f-22s/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21992174

Notice the same quotes from an American press release in South Korea, a "senior U.S. military official", and the white house appear in all three articles...

But by all means, complain that the "hippy" is being unreasonable again...

JD2780
04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Yes quotes are the same. So I guess everybody can stop hating on Fox News. Calling it faux news or fox "news". I guess they're all exactly the same.

Although the articles are hardly exactly the same once again yes the quotes are the same Joe. Good job you've picked one topic where the articles cover the same topic yet have varying amounts of information. Good work Joe. Keep it going. Your almost convincing me. Since apparently that's how you value your self worth.

I wasn't correcting grammar. I was seeing what you thought I would do. Your example was confusing at bet since you were insinuating I would do both simultaneously. Good morning by the way. I slept we'll knowing you would shoulder arms in the face tyranny (yet to be proven).

Pullinteeth
04-01-2013, 03:20 PM

If he HAD to oppose them, running away or siding with them wouldn't be an option....

Banned
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes quotes are the same. So I guess everybody can stop hating on Fox News. Calling it faux news or fox "news". I guess they're all exactly the same.

Although the articles are hardly exactly the same once again yes the quotes are the same Joe. Good job you've picked one topic where the articles cover the same topic yet have varying amounts of information. Good work Joe. Keep it going. Your almost convincing me. Since apparently that's how you value your self worth.

I wasn't correcting grammar. I was seeing what you thought I would do. Your example was confusing at bet since you were insinuating I would do both simultaneously. Good morning by the way. I slept we'll knowing you would shoulder arms in the face tyranny (yet to be proven).

I guess that's your way of saying "I was wrong, you were right, I've learned something today".

Bottom line - one reliable source is better than three unreliable sources.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 04:08 PM
I guess that's your way of saying "I was wrong, you were right, I've learned something today".

Bottom line - one reliable source is better than three unreliable sources.

Nope. Not really. It's my way of saying you've got 3 articles same topic same quotes but there are differences. Nice try though. Good luck.

Banned
04-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Nope. Not really. It's my way of saying you've got 3 articles same topic same quotes but there are differences. Nice try though. Good luck.

So then... you haven't actually learned anything from this conversation.

But no - I'll be open minded for a minute. Explain to me what these "differences" were. I'm listening. You have my full attention. This is your chance to prove that you're smart - YOU CAN DO IT!

I'd also be curious to know how that helps you determine if the original source was right or wrong. But don't worry, that's just for bonus points. If you can actually explain these "differences" in the three article... that in itself will make you a thousand times more intelligent than I ever thought you were.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Fox News says its there to support drills. CNN says its there amid tensions between the parties involved, then tosses in the fact that the gov says there are there in support of the drills. BBC says they are there for be drills.

Fox simply speaks to the f22 being there. CNN talks about NK allies and their current positions and stake they have in peace.

Thousands times more intelligent, your just being silly again Joe.

Want me to keep going Joe?

Banned
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Fox News says its there to support drills. CNN says its there amid tensions between the parties involved, then tosses in the fact that the gov says there are there in support of the drills. BBC says they are there for be drills.

Actually all three mentioned the tensions... but at least you're trying, good!

Fox simply speaks to the f22 being there. CNN talks about NK allies and their current positions and stake they have in peace.

Thousands times more intelligent, your just being silly again Joe.

No seriously I'm actually very impressed. I honestly believed you would be totally incapable of reading three different news releases and actually be able to make out a difference between them.

Now granted, the CNN article was simply longer than Fox and gave more detail... but I'm astonished you were able to click on the links and figure that out all by yourself.

I'm very very impressed - you are indeed much more intelligent than I thought. Congratulations! Seriously.

Want me to keep going Joe?

By all means. You were able to figure out that one article was longer than the other - I want to see what else you can do!

JD2780
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Actually all three mentioned the tensions... but at least you're trying, good!

No seriously I'm actually very impressed. I honestly believed you would be totally incapable of reading three different news releases and actually be able to make out a difference between them.

Now granted, the CNN article was simply longer than Fox and gave more detail... but I'm astonished you were able to click on the links and figure that out all by yourself.

I'm very very impressed - you are indeed much more intelligent than I thought. Congratulations! Seriously.

By all means. You were able to figure out that one article was longer than the other - I want to see what else you can do!

You're just being silly Joe. Just being silly. Keep up the fanatic ways. If you change I might not recognize you.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 04:49 PM
One article says they were sent amid tensions. Insinuating it was because of the tensions. While the other is simply saying while the tensions were building the raptors were sent to support the exercise. Differing delivery.

Fox drives more along the lines of yea it looks hokey but they are there for the exercise. CNN makes it look like they are there for the tensions but the AF is saying they are there for the exercise.

Once again good reasons to read different sources. You get differing delivery.

I guess that articles be the same isn't quite what you thought it was.

Banned
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
You're just being silly Joe. Just being silly. Keep up the fanatic ways. If you change I might not recognize you.

So I complimented you, saying you're a thousand times more intelligent than I thought, and acknowledged that you could actually pick out differences in the articles... that makes me a fanatic?

You need help dude.

JD2780
04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
So I complimented you, saying you're a thousand times more intelligent than I thought, and acknowledged that you could actually pick out differences in the articles... that makes me a fanatic?

You need help dude.

I do need help. Mostly with fixing cars and building porches. The tone of your compliments Joe. You're still a condescending, childish individual. At least with me calling you silly I'm being up front about it. Oh well.

Assaultdog0351
04-11-2013, 03:24 AM
My huntch is less PC, she was fucking one dude then decided to fuck the other dude on the side.

CYBERFX1024
04-11-2013, 05:38 AM
My huntch is less PC, she was fucking one dude then decided to fuck the other dude on the side.

I thought the exact same thing, or it could be that she was fucking fucking one guy then decided to dump him for the other one.

Assaultdog0351
04-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I hope they release the full story, I really would like to know and the rest of the Corps should know how to prevent this from happening.