PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here serve in Afghanistan outside of Bagram or Qandahar?

jondstewart
03-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Wanted to see how many served in the "real" Afghanistan in a place where the Army were the majority and the Air Force had to live under their rules and hooah's, LOL.

I served on FOB Mehtarlam in Laghman Province for a year, but also been to Jalalabad airfield, Asadabad, Naray, and Morales-Frazier. Naray was by far the scariest of those places. We had some of our guys assigned to Kamdesh the latter half of our 1 year tour, all of which were Army, and it turned out that place was overrun with Taliban in 2009. Kalagush was the better deal.

I wanted to see Panjshir, Gardez, Ghazni, Qalat, and the like, but never got a chance

JD2780
03-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Masari-Sharif, Konduz, Herat. Started in Kandahar, but we moved around quite a bit.

Golther
03-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Masari-Sharif, Konduz, Herat. Started in Kandahar, but we moved around quite a bit.

Surprised you haven't stayed in Shank or Sharana.

JD2780
03-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Stopped over in shank for a meeting that i had no speaking part in, so I went shot some rounds and sweat while sitting still.