PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for playing...

Igloowhite
03-11-2013, 09:34 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/342655/air-force-chaplain-awarded-bronze-star-powerpoint-teaching-proper-sensitivity-quran-pa

ttribe
03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I see you beat me to it.

Sergeant eNYgma
03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Not against Chaplains really but this is bullshit...

CrustySMSgt
03-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Not against Chaplains...

Why not? lol

Our wing chaplain's stats get briefed each week. In a wing of ~2000, an average of 45 people attend services in the course of a week. Back on the topic of budget cuts, why do we have 2 billets (and the budget that goes along with it) here supporting 2.25% of the wing?

I know, I just upgraded to a first class ticket to Hell...

Sergeant eNYgma
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Why not? lol

Our wing chaplain's stats get briefed each week. In a wing of ~2000, an average of 45 people attend services in the course of a week. Back on the topic of budget cuts, why do we have 2 billets (and the budget that goes along with it) here supporting 2.25% of the wing?

I know, I just upgraded to a first class ticket to Hell...

Wow really? I figured they were useful for people to vent outside the chain and whatnot I guess. I wanted to use one once but couldn't becasue he was TDY so I made due and overcame by my lonesome. Havent really needed one since but figured religious Airmen used them quite often.

Greg
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
For me, here's the kicker:

"Trainer is a nondenominational Christian minister who has been in the Air Force for 17 years. He is also being recognized for his work running the Army’s suicide-prevention program, in which he’s trained more than 36,000 service members."

He's AD for seventeen years, so maybe it's an early going away present. Not saying he deserves it, just saying...

CrustySMSgt
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
For me, here's the kicker:

"Trainer is a nondenominational Christian minister who has been in the Air Force for 17 years. He is also being recognized for his work running the Army’s suicide-prevention program, in which he’s trained more than 36,000 service members."

He's AD for seventeen years, so maybe it's an early going away present. Not saying he deserves it, just saying...

Since I'm already going to hell, I may as well upgrade to an express ticket...

Haven't Army suicides skyrocketed in the last year? I guess whoever used that bullet didn't use metrics as a measure of success.

Wow really? I figured they were useful for people to vent outside the chain and whatnot I guess. I wanted to use one once but couldn't becasue he was TDY so I made due and overcame by my lonesome. Havent really needed one since but figured religious Airmen used them quite often.

I know there are lots of folks who use them to talk... and they run around with a sack of candy making people smile and all that. But when you just look at raw numbers of people using their services, it is a very small percentage of the population.