PDA

View Full Version : Robert F. Dorr Columns

Robert F. Dorr
03-07-2013, 12:58 AM
See the other

Robert F. Dorr
07-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Unless the "admin" responsible for these Forums publishes a real name and working contact information, this will be my last post.

I've learned a lot here. It has been a good experience. But these Forums are ruined by the "admin" hiding behind a mask of anonymity.

When I write it, my name goes on it. Anyone who wants to get hold of me can find me here:

Robert F. Dorr
3411 Valewood Drive
Oakton VA 22124
robert.f.dorr@cox.net
(703) 264-8950

RobotChicken
08-01-2013, 12:52 AM
"God Bless you 'RFD.'

imnohero
08-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Bye Bob, again. See if it will stick this time.

DocBones
08-01-2013, 03:05 AM
See you on TV, Bob. You will be missed in here.

CYBERFX1024
08-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Awwww don't get mad and leave because your best friend and confidant Joe is banned from the forums now.

wildman
08-01-2013, 04:31 AM
I have been messing with these social network type forums on and off now for about 17 years. I have a couple of friends that I made over the internet who are owners of forums. This is the only one I have encountered thus far where disciplinary type action is discussed in an open to the members format. I personally do not like this as I feel it should be a private matter between the member and the admin(s). That to me is a much more professional way to handle these type situations. A PM should be sent telling the individual that they have violated the TOS and are suspended or banned as the case may be. We the general membership do not have a need to know the details as to why this occurred. The only time we need to be informed is if the TOS or policy is being changed or modified.

Always,
Wildman

BRUWIN
08-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Agreed. The standard established when PickYourBattles openly challenged the ForumAdmin is what set the tone.

There was a drastic change at Day 1 from no enforcement to some enforcement. We chose then, rather than "surprise" users with bans for previously unmoderated actions, that we would make our logic public, engage the community in discourse about the forum, and transition the members into the new form of enforcement together, in a transparent fashion so users who would otherwise have been banned, and quite peeved at the action, could avoid it on their own if they so chose.

Clearly, this is no longer a necessary tactic. And that is why, earlier today, all threads about moderation were removed. Additionally, aside from this post, no more posts on moderator logic will be made.

Heil Hitler!!!!!

ForumModerator
08-01-2013, 02:39 PM
No need to keep the thread open if it is just a solicitation for people's names