PDA

View Full Version : Shaken's Question of the Day

Shaken1976
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
We are all so quick to jump on screw ups in the Air Force...but it seems we seldom stop to think about how we may have screwed up and just not gotten caught.

So let's say that in some Big Brother type way the Air Force knew immediately when you had done something that was a UCMJ violation or against the law or whatever... Would you still be in? Or would you have been able to retire? Or would you be among those who were on the Rollback?

Robert F. Dorr
02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
I've offered several times to tell the story of the time the whore broke the mirror over George's head but no one seems to want to know about it.

JD2780
02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
I was young and stupid so I would've pulled through. It would've been tough but survivable. Reduction to E-2 most likely.

I had been drinking on a sunday night, my buddy said he needed to go to bed and kicked me out of his apartment. I drove home BACK ON TO BASE like an idiot. I made it through the gate, and back up to my room. Had I been stopped I would've been in a world of hurt, had the cops been paying attention I wouldve been in a world of hurt. I endangered the lives of a bunch of people on base, I endangered the lifes of people between honolulu and Hickam AFB. No excuse for what I did. Even being booted out of his apartment I could've still got a cab, couldve slept in my car, had somebody come and get me. I didnt choose wisely.

Thats why I'm so hard on people that do it, because I dont want them to think its OK. I'm embarassed when I tell that story.

Pullinteeth
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Not a chance...I would have been GONE...

BRUWIN
02-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I was young and stupid so I would've pulled through. It would've been tough but survivable. Reduction to E-2 most likely.

I had been drinking on a sunday night, my buddy said he needed to go to bed and kicked me out of his apartment. I drove home BACK ON TO BASE like an idiot. I made it through the gate, and back up to my room. Had I been stopped I would've been in a world of hurt, had the cops been paying attention I wouldve been in a world of hurt. I endangered the lives of a bunch of people on base, I endangered the lifes of people between honolulu and Hickam AFB. No excuse for what I did. Even being booted out of his apartment I could've still got a cab, couldve slept in my car, had somebody come and get me. I didnt choose wisely.

Thats why I'm so hard on people that do it, because I dont want them to think its OK. I'm embarassed when I tell that story.

Don't be...one of my escapades as an A1C was a whole lot worse. If it wasn't for a fellow A1C saving my ass I wouldn't be here to even talk about it. In an ironic twist he was later kicked out. I always felt bad that I made it through the first 4 years thanks to him but he was chucked out. OK...he was chucked out for smoking dope after he PCS'd but still...I owe the guy my life.

imported_KnuckleDragger
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
So let's say that in some Big Brother type way the Air Force knew immediately when you had done something that was a UCMJ violation or against the law or whatever...

Not sure if this is a "tongue-in-cheek" reference to social media. If it is, I advise my peers/troops to steer away from "public" social media. Most don't listen. Some get caught being dumb.

If it is genuinely hypothetical...most of the USAF would be in deep trouble at some point. We are human. We make mistakes.

No, I will not admit anything here:gossip

raider8169
02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Ive seen too many other people do something stupid that has hurt their careers. From day one I was paraniod that I would do something stupid and get kicked out. That has helped me stay out of any serious trouble from day one. The only things I have gotten away with would have gotten me paperwork but nothing more serious than that.

71Fish
02-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I should have and could have been kicked out several times. I escaped without ever even receiving a LOC. The only time I didn't make a serious enough UCMJ violation to be kicked out was my last 3-5 years.

imported_Renazance
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM

Wow your buddy sucked as a wingman for kicking you out of his apt knowing you had been drinking.

All the shit I did as a young airman, I would definitely have been kicked out within the first 2 years of my enlistment.

SENDBILLMONEY
02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
If you commit a UCMJ violation in the forest and there's no witnesses or evidence, has an offense against good order and discipline occurred?

Punisher
02-22-2013, 12:18 PM
With the exception of having stories similar to JD's, I would have been good to go. I had a pretty healthy fear of losing money or getting less than an honorable discharge.

JD2780
02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
With the exception of having stories similar to JD's, I would have been good to go. I had a pretty healthy fear of losing money or getting less than an honorable discharge.

After my epic brain fart, that is pretty much what kept me on the straight and narrow.

Punisher
02-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Technically, if you've gotten a blowjob on active duty before 2003; you could have gotten up to five years in prison and a BCD. Though, it's likely that even if it ever did get enforced (never seen it happen); it would be at the NJP level.

Sergeant eNYgma
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
2 quick stories on me...one I got caught on one I didn’t.

The one where I actually got caught on I SrA (Only had it on about a month or two) blasted my NCOIC through email to someone else. Should have went elsewhere to vent on how much of a bitch I thought she was. Anyway got caught and at Parade Rest in the Shirt office getting a EARFULL...rightfully so. I got two LOR's that day one for the disrespect and I think the other for bitching about her over a govt comp blah blah blah. He said they were thinking about a 15 IIRC...but I never recieved it.

Next one I didn't get caught and I haven’t tried it after. I was at Dental and didn't want any care. I joked and said "Do we have to do this"? The guy said "No just sign a form and you can go". I signed w/e form it was and left Dental. I thought to myself..."What can I do with the time"? I was going to just head back to work and say I got done faster than normal but instead went home and got some late morning loving from the wife (We lived on base). I came back to work like nothing happened. Dunno what would have happened had I got caught maybe LOC? I mean at least I WENT for the stupid Dental appt.

Punisher
02-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Next one I didn't get caught and I haven’t tried it after. I was at Dental and didn't want any care. I joked and said "Do we have to do this"? The guy said "No just sign a form and you can go". I signed w/e form it was and left Dental. I thought to myself..."What can I do with the time"? I was going to just head back to work and say I got done faster than normal but instead went home and got some late morning loving from the wife (We lived on base). I came back to work like nothing happened. Dunno what would have happened had I got caught maybe LOC? I mean at least I WENT for the stupid Dental appt.

When I was an E3, my LCPO actually called me an idiot FOR coming back to work when they weren't expecting me to.

Pullinteeth
02-22-2013, 01:46 PM

So other than the times when you did something that would have gotten you kicked out, you would have been GTG? I think you missed the point of this thread....

Punisher
02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
So other than the times when you did something that would have gotten you kicked out, you would have been GTG? I think you missed the point of this thread....

Uh oh, looks like Pullinteeth has an obsession with me!

Sergeant eNYgma
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
When I was an E3, my LCPO actually called me an idiot FOR coming back to work when they weren't expecting me to.

O yeah but when you havent been in that long you're probably paranoid and whatnot...think you're doing something wrong. I knew what I was doing was wrong I just wanted...sex...after that whatever didn't even mind going back to work...

giggawatt
02-22-2013, 03:44 PM
O yeah but when you havent been in that long you're probably paranoid and whatnot...think you're doing something wrong. I knew what I was doing was wrong I just wanted...sex...after that whatever didn't even mind going back to work...

Ain't that the truth! When I was a young E-3 stationed in England, I slept over a girl's house and over slept by something like an hour. OMG, when I woke up I thought I was gonna be finished! I was thinking, art 15, discharge all for being late. I raced to work and profusely apologized for being late. The TSgt in the shop was laughing and was like don't worry about it. Shit happens.

imported_chipotleboy
02-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I would definitely have faced major UCMJ action.

However, since Jill Metzger was in on it too, the chain of command looked the other way.

tiredretiredE7
02-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I won't admit to anything I did but I will say I called first sergeants to come get bonehead troops (well over 200 times in 20 years) for incidents so stupid it was not worth completing all of the paperwork for charges under the UCMJ. First Sergeant simply wrote up a LOR, informed the CC and the troop went on with their career. I did get a couple of first sergeants tell me the troop was garbage and UCMJ charges would be the best resolution for the troop and the AF.

Sergeant eNYgma
02-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Ain't that the truth! When I was a young E-3 stationed in England, I slept over a girl's house and over slept by something like an hour. OMG, when I woke up I thought I was gonna be finished! I was thinking, art 15, discharge all for being late. I raced to work and profusely apologized for being late. The TSgt in the shop was laughing and was like don't worry about it. Shit happens.

LOL similar to that I overslept one day and woke up thinking the world is going to end. Same deal as you raced to work like a bat out of hell. Came in and went STRAIGHT to the flight commander's office to apologize. I reported in knock, salute, the whole deal. Once she was done looking at me like "WTF are you doing" she asked how my day was and just said report to your section. I thought i got off easy...man the good days lol.

Rainmaker
02-22-2013, 08:49 PM
We are all so quick to jump on screw ups in the Air Force...but it seems we seldom stop to think about how we may have screwed up and just not gotten caught.

So let's say that in some Big Brother type way the Air Force knew immediately when you had done something that was a UCMJ violation or against the law or whatever... Would you still be in? Or would you have been able to retire? Or would you be among those who were on the Rollback?

Rainmaker went to the Oracle at Gibtown and ask it. " Shaken wants to know, if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
The Oracle reply: "Bitch Puh-leeze!"

sandsjames
02-22-2013, 09:19 PM
No shit truth here. I know I'd be gone. I once violated Article 92 by crossing the street after dark without a reflective belt on. Luckily, I wasn't hit by a car and nobody saw me (how could they without the belt on) so I was good to go. Skated outta that one unscathed.

Robert F. Dorr
03-12-2013, 02:31 AM
No shit truth here. I know I'd be gone. I once violated Article 92 by crossing the street after dark without a reflective belt on. Luckily, I wasn't hit by a car and nobody saw me (how could they without the belt on) so I was good to go. Skated outta that one unscathed.

The reflector belt is a reflection of what the Air Force is. Unfortunately.

BURAWSKI
03-12-2013, 02:43 AM
Well I was going to post a reply but common sense prevails I supposed. That saying comes mind ....let sleeping dogs lie.

BURAWSKI
03-12-2013, 02:43 AM
Well I was going to post a reply but common sense prevails I suppose. That saying comes mind ....let sleeping dogs lie.