PDA

View Full Version : High ranking enlisted and officers having Facebook accounts

jondstewart
02-18-2013, 03:51 AM
I've noticed over the years that many Chiefs and high-ranking officers that were pretty disliked by many or stepped on a lot of toes don't have Facebook accounts. You think they're all afraid of repercussions?

KellyinAvon
02-18-2013, 04:00 AM
You mean Blutarski or Doc?

OtisRNeedleman
02-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Not everyone is into Facebook. I have no Facebook account and see no reason to have one.

Airborne
02-18-2013, 08:36 AM
I've noticed over the years that many Chiefs and high-ranking officers that were pretty disliked by many or stepped on a lot of toes don't have Facebook accounts. You think they're all afraid of repercussions?

35-55 is not the targeted demographic. And also, just because you cant find them by their "government name" on there doesnt mean they dont have an account.

Robert F. Dorr
02-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Not everyone is into Facebook. I have no Facebook account and see no reason to have one.

Not everybody has electricity. Not everybody has running water. Not everybody uses a computer. Not everybody uses Facebook.

I don't see a choice about it. The eight Facebook pages I maintain are essential to everything I'm doing. Likewise, some other on-line sites like this one:

http://oakton.patch.com/blog_posts/anniversary-of-tokyo-mission-comes-in-march?

Being a senior officer or a senior NCO changes everything. Not everyone in those slots wants his information out there, and that's a good thing,

TVANSCOT
02-18-2013, 11:59 AM
How do you know they don't have facebook accounts? Maybe they only share them with family and actual friends (not the facebook kind).

FLAPS
02-18-2013, 12:58 PM

How have you noticed this? Just how much time do you spend looking up these people on Facebook? And when you do notice a name or two, do you click on their profile to see how much info, photos, etc that you can find? Maybe they have an aversion to stalkers. Are you a stalker?

Absinthe Anecdote
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I think Facebook is a bit creepy and it is annoying also. It's like a continuous high school reunion. All those people from your past popping up to write on your wall.

Look at that SMSgt who got busted for DUI in Okinawa recently. He had people all over the world laughing at his keg party photos.

Then you have all those lonely people getting Catfished.

I have my FB locked down for just family and a few close friends.

LogDog
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe the reason they don't have a Facebook account is not because they were disliked or stepped on a lot of toes by it could be they see Facebook as a waste of their time. I don't have a Facebook account and most likely never will because for me those who have one use it as a tool to say "Look at me". If I want people to know what I've been up to I'll tell them the old fashioned way by telling them or writing to them.

Drackore
02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Oh boy...a current or former senior AF leader has a FB page? Let me go over there and like that right now!

Not.

Fuck the Blue Kool Aid.

MACHINE666
02-18-2013, 10:38 PM
I love it when retired Chiefs and officers still get together on those FB pages dedicated to their former AFSC. It's like they can't let go of their 'glory days'....I know of a couple which those guys and former tech school instuctors post on and I can't help but to roll my eyes and wonder....

KellyinAvon
02-18-2013, 11:39 PM
I love it when retired Chiefs and officers still get together on those FB pages dedicated to their former AFSC. It's like they can't let go of their 'glory days'....I know of a couple which those guys and former tech school instuctors post on and I can't help but to roll my eyes and wonder....

I'd rather come here and grouch in anonymity.
Welcome back Machine.

BRUWIN
02-19-2013, 12:11 AM
I have a facebook page but rarely does anything AF get brought up. Unless Tak comes on there to stir something up.

Robert F. Dorr
03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I have a facebook page but rarely does anything AF get brought up. Unless Tak comes on there to stir something up.

If he touches any of my eight Facebook pages he'd better watch out.

sandsjames
03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I'd rather come here and grouch in anonymity.
Welcome back Machine.

Down to 106 days. Getting closer to being a family member.

KellyinAvon
03-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Down to 106 days. Getting closer to being a family member.

Soon you will transition from "friend of the family" to "known associate". On the day you are retired you will become a made-member of the Blue-ID Mafia. You will always remember how the blue-ID, still hot from the laminator felt in your hand. "This thing of ours" is something very few will ever acheive, IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN!!

Robert F. Dorr
03-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Soon you will transition from "friend of the family" to "known associate". On the day you are retired you will become a made-member of the Blue-ID Mafia. You will always remember how the blue-ID, still hot from the laminator felt in your hand. "This thing of ours" is something very few will ever acheive, IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, MAN!!

It appears a different person has taken over KellyinAvon's account. The phraseology is different, the cadence is different. It's a different person.

KellyinAvon
03-10-2013, 11:06 PM
It appears a different person has taken over KellyinAvon's account. The phraseology is different, the cadence is different. It's a different person.

I was just channeling my inner-Blue-ID mafiosa. It's the violin music.

jondstewart
03-12-2013, 02:07 AM
35-55 is not the targeted demographic. And also, just because you cant find them by their "government name" on there doesnt mean they dont have an account.

About the ages, 30 and 40-somethings today aren't exactly much like what they were a generation or two ago, when most of them were settled, set in their ways, "old fogies". But yes, many have a good point and I even know some 20-somethings who don't have or feel the need for one.

RobotChicken
03-12-2013, 04:43 AM
I was just channeling my inner-Blue-ID mafiosa. It's the violin music.
:clock:violin:violin 'Only for You & the Godfather'. :hail