PDA

View Full Version : Next Overseas Equal

technomage1
02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know when the next OS equal comes out? I'd look it up myself but I'm far from any CAC device and honestly don't remember my user name or 16 digit sand script password.

Appreciate it if someone near a CAC reader could check out AFPC for the release date. That way I can figure out if I need to worry about it or not.

CrustySMSgt
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
47 clicks later, I finally get to AMS

Next Overseas Listing: Oct 2013 - Dec 2013 will be advertised on 06 Feb 2013.

CJSmith
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
RNTLD
Avail to Customer
Pref Due
Public Release Date

Jan/Feb/Mar 14
08 May 13
23 May 13
15 Jun 13

Apr/May/Jun 14
07 Aug 13
22 Aug 13
15 Sep 13

Jul/Aug/Sep 14
06 Nov 13
21 Nov 13
15 Dec 13

Oct/Nov/Dec 13
06 Feb 13
18 Feb 13
15 Mar 13

CrustySMSgt
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
I might have beaten you to the punch, but you posted better info that will make this thread a money maker through the end of the year! :thumb

technomage1
02-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Thank you both! Seriously, I don't know why this is behind a password. It should just be public information.

Sergeant eNYgma
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Hoping to finally GTFOH. Already have a cancelled PCS, 2 cancelled deployments, and a denied BOP under my belt. If this doesn't work for me I'll retry the BOP and do have a base in mind.

Robert F. Dorr
02-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I hope the overseas equal, the GTFOH and the denied BOP all work out for you.

Sergeant eNYgma
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I hope the overseas equal, the GTFOH and the denied BOP all work out for you.

Here's hoping...seems here is a black hole...

technomage1
02-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Here's hoping...seems here is a black hole...

Put down the option to volunteer to go anywhere overseas. Keep in on there all the time. Sometimes, believe it or not, things drop down out of cycle and I have seen people picked up for assignments they left on their dream sheet. Sometimes they were happy - sometimes not.

Or you could put down specific bases and do the same. Just realize that "popular" assignments like Germany, Italy, Japan, or England aren't likely. On the other hand, remotes you have a better chance on.

Sergeant eNYgma
02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Put down the option to volunteer to go anywhere overseas. Keep in on there all the time. Sometimes, believe it or not, things drop down out of cycle and I have seen people picked up for assignments they left on their dream sheet. Sometimes they were happy - sometimes not.

Or you could put down specific bases and do the same. Just realize that "popular" assignments like Germany, Italy, Japan, or England aren't likely. On the other hand, remotes you have a better chance on.

Didn't know about the out of cycle thing. My BOP was to Langley wa really hoping for that but alas. I got Korea on there Osan and Kun...worst come to worst i figure...

technomage1
02-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Didn't know about the out of cycle thing. My BOP was to Langley wa really hoping for that but alas. I got Korea on there Osan and Kun...worst come to worst i figure...

It doesn't happen often, but a small chance is better than no chance.

Rainmaker
02-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Thank you both! Seriously, I don't know why this is behind a password. It should just be public information.

Don't be so Naive. What if the terrorists found out?

technomage1
02-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Don't be so Naive. What if the terrorists found out?

You mean like the public news releases of the same information?

Rainmaker
02-05-2013, 02:30 PM
You mean like the public news releases of the same information?

That's ridiculous. Mullah Omar doesn't watch public news.

technomage1
02-05-2013, 03:00 PM
That's ridiculous. Mullah Omar doesn't watch public news.

Thats true. the taliban banned radios, tvs, internet, and fun.

crwchf16
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM

I think this is how most people normally get selected for a tour on the ROK.

sgtpotsie
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
For those of us returning from overseas...

DEROS: Available:
Aug/Sep/Oct 2013 10 Apr 13
Nov/Dec/Jan 2013-2014 10 Jul 13
Feb/Mar/Apr 14 9 Oct 13
May/Jun/Jul 13 9 Jan 13

Bware
09-01-2013, 01:24 PM
For those of us returning from overseas...

DEROS: Available:
Aug/Sep/Oct 2013 10 Apr 13
Nov/Dec/Jan 2013-2014 10 Jul 13
Feb/Mar/Apr 14 9 Oct 13
May/Jun/Jul 13 9 Jan 13

Has anybody received notification of a assingment for Aug' 13 cycle

Silverback
09-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Has anybody received notification of a assingment for Aug' 13 cycle

I received notification 5 September. Looks like I am headed to Korea. I am looking forward to it.

Gonzo432
09-09-2013, 11:48 PM
I received notification 5 September. Looks like I am headed to Korea. I am looking forward to it.

Congrats! You'll have to let us know what's in all those buildings that used to be juicy bars.

Sergeant eNYgma
09-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I posted earlier in this thread about an assignment to Korea but I lost it due to a Code 37. Guess they didnt want to take a chance on me. Anyways I just had the code lifted so trying to get lucky........AGAIN....

Hope I get something next cycle.

Chief_KO
09-11-2013, 10:27 PM
You all know that EQUAL PLUS is updated every Tuesday, ads must run for 7 days. Out of cycle OS are posted there in addition to special duties.
Check for all ranks (incase there is an error in the ad) or if they will accept 1 up / 1 down. Also check your entire AFS, sometimes other AFSCs (within a family) maybe accepted. Plus look at the special duty ads, I don't know the rules anymore concerning the DSD types, but there are postal, courier, a lot of other jobs out there.

technomage1
09-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I posted earlier in this thread about an assignment to Korea but I lost it due to a Code 37. Guess they didnt want to take a chance on me. Anyways I just had the code lifted so trying to get lucky........AGAIN....

Hope I get something next cycle.

You know, someone probably got non vol'd to go in place of you, who wanted to go. Not your fault in any way, and this isn't a dig at you, it's just sometimes big blue works in darkly ironic ways.

Sergeant eNYgma
09-12-2013, 11:30 AM
You know, someone probably got non vol'd to go in place of you, who wanted to go. Not your fault in any way, and this isn't a dig at you, it's just sometimes big blue works in darkly ironic ways.

Lmao funny you mention dark and ironic...yes my good friend got the email confirming his trip to Kun couple hrs after I got mine canceling the assignment. Same shop as me and everything (Not sure if that part matters) and he is excited. He's excited as hell.

Silverback
09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Lmao funny you mention dark and ironic...yes my good friend got the email confirming his trip to Kun couple hrs after I got mine canceling the assignment. Same shop as me and everything (Not sure if that part matters) and he is excited. He's excited as hell.

I am excited about going to Korea also. Hopefully, you will get a chance again.

Bware
11-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Good luck!!! I know everybody is hoping and wishing....Me too

Sergeant eNYgma
11-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Hoping and wishing.........again....lol.

commguy228
11-26-2013, 12:04 AM
It would be an awesome thanksgiving if this list would come out on Wednesday.

rubit51
11-26-2013, 11:43 AM
It would be an awesome thanksgiving if this list would come out on Wednesday.

I am hoping to hear something by Wednesday too, but don't think it will happen. If you look on myPERS, they bumped the date to the 21st for updating your preferences. As much as it seems AFPC likes to tell the great news (or screw you) before a long weekend, my guess is they will be out 6 Dec.

Sergeant eNYgma
11-27-2013, 12:07 PM
I am hoping to hear something by Wednesday too, but don't think it will happen. If you look on myPERS, they bumped the date to the 21st for updating your preferences. As much as it seems AFPC likes to tell the great news (or screw you) before a long weekend, my guess is they will be out 6 Dec.

O I didn't catch that.

rubit51
11-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Well it looks like AFPC is in today, because I just got the email "congratulating" me on my assignment Korea.

commguy228
11-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Nothing for me. Supposedly I was number one for a non-vol. Maybe next week.

Sergeant eNYgma
12-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Someone in the shop got hit with...Aviano...but doensn't want it since he's seperating....SMH.

Hoping to hear something soon for me.

BOSS302
12-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Someone in the shop got hit with...Aviano...

What a shit assignment. Aviano, Italy? A short distance from Venice?? That is crap. Real men get stationed at Minot and Dyess; real men get stationed in America.

Sergeant eNYgma
12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
What a shit assignment. Aviano, Italy? A short distance from Venice?? That is crap. Real men get stationed at Minot and Dyess; real men get stationed in America.

He'd DEFINITELY get out in that case lol...but he's doing Palace Chase/Front one of those programs I can't remember which.

grimreaper
12-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Not trying to brag, but I was just notified I got an assignment to Belgium...OK, I'm bragging.

technomage1
12-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Not trying to brag, but I was just notified I got an assignment to Belgium...OK, I'm bragging.

That's a lovely area. You're very lucky and I hope you make the most of the travel opportunities there.

Hoo-huh???
12-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Someone in the shop got hit with...Aviano...but doensn't want it since he's seperating....SMH.

Hoping to hear something soon for me.

IMO Aviano isn't that great of an assignment. Lots of extra BS to deal with...

Sergeant eNYgma
12-05-2013, 12:01 PM
IMO Aviano isn't that great of an assignment. Lot's of extra BS to deal with...

Well he won't find out anyway since he's declining the assignment. I'd like to find out how bad it is myself personally...

Hoo-huh???
12-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Well he won't find out anyway since he's declining the assignment. I'd like to find out how bad it is myself personally...

There's no base housing; no gas station on base (must buy paper gas rations, which has limits); getting anything done on/off base takes forever because you have to deal with Italians; slim to none spouse employment opportunities (it's illegal for a spouse to run a business from home); gas, water, & electric meters are read maybe once a year if you're lucky (no consistency, so your bills can be huge); the base belongs to the Italians so the Carabinieri (military police) have free reign on/off base (these guys can pretty much do what they want & Americans are always at fault here); car insurance is through the roof (the roads are non-porous so they're like ice when wet and accidents happen every time it rains); BX & Commissary are very limited & the list can go on & on. The one positive thing I can say about it is that it's a good central location to travel to other places.

Sergeant eNYgma
12-06-2013, 04:19 PM
There's no base housing; no gas station on base (must buy paper gas rations, which has limits); getting anything done on/off base takes forever because you have to deal with Italians; slim to none spouse employment opportunities (it's illegal for a spouse to run a business from home); gas, water, & electric meters are read maybe once a year if you're lucky (no consistency, so your bills can be huge); the base belongs to the Italians so the Carabinieri (military police) have free reign on/off base (these guys can pretty much do what they want & Americans are always at fault here); car insurance is through the roof (the roads are non-porous so they're like ice when wet and accidents happen every time it rains); BX & Commissary are very limited & the list can go on & on. The one positive thing I can say about it is that it's a good central location to travel to other places.

Travel is the biggie though yes alot of that other crap would take getting used to. Its still on my list but if I get it I'll see how it goes when I get there.

BRUWIN
12-08-2013, 03:07 AM

You whine a lot.

Bware
12-08-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm off to korea in July....I tried to move the date up but got rejected.

jpeters
12-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Dang still nothing for me...I guess I'll try again when the next cycle comes out

BOSS302
12-09-2013, 06:25 AM

What kind of maxi pad do you use in order to soak up all the vaginal secretions that come about as a result of your womanly whining?

Hoo-huh???
12-12-2013, 07:02 AM
What kind of maxi pad do you use in order to soak up all the vaginal secretions that come about as a result of your womanly whining?

For you & BRUWIN. It's all FACT, but thanks for trolling...