PDA

View Full Version : Army ramps up Pacific exercises, training

CORNELIUSSEON
12-12-2012, 09:25 PM
The Army is boosting exercises and engagements with its partners in the Pacific, which means more opportunities for as many as 15,000 soldiers to train in places such as South Korea, Japan, India, New Zealand and Australia. And that’s just the beginning.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.armytimes.com/prime/2012/12/PRIMEarmy-ramps-up-pacific-training-deployment-exercises-121212/

CORNELIUSSEON
06-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Do you just post things to make it appear you have some sort of usefulness? Trust me, Corny, nobody here needs you.

With all due respect to your opinion, it seems that the Army Chief of Staff, General Odierno, disagrees with you, or so he says in this month's issue of Army Echoes, which is the newsletter for Retirees, Surviving Spouses, and Families. He says that the Army needs to hear from ALL Retirees, Surviving Spouses and Families, and I will accept what he says as words that have a lot more credibility than yours. Besides, I'm not here on a free ride - I actually subscribe for the access - so I get to say whether or not what I post is useful, NOT you.

Have a good day now.

Juggs
06-21-2013, 03:40 PM
With all due respect to your opinion, it seems that the Army Chief of Staff, General Odierno, disagrees with you, or so he says in this month's issue of Army Echoes, which is the newsletter for Retirees, Surviving Spouses, and Families. He says that the Army needs to hear from ALL Retirees, Surviving Spouses and Families, and I will accept what he says as words that have a lot more credibility than yours. Besides, I'm not here on a free ride - I actually subscribe for the access - so I get to say whether or not what I post is useful, NOT you.

Have a good day now.

Yea and my mom said I was special.

USMC0341
06-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Yea and my mom said I was special.

And don't you ever forget that!

Creaminess
06-21-2013, 04:08 PM

Have a good day now.

I know what Army Echoes is, and I'm an Army Times subscriber as well. I'm also not useless; it's unfortunate the same cannot be said of you.

By the way, if you're naive enough to think that General Odierno actually wrote what appears in Army Echoes...

CORNELIUSSEON
06-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I know what Army Echoes is, and I'm an Army Times subscriber as well. I'm also not useless; it's unfortunate the same cannot be said of you.

By the way, if you're naive enough to think that General Odierno actually wrote what appears in Army Echoes...

It is rare when a General ever pen's his own statements, but I am sure that his Chief of Staff or another person in his office who DID put pen to paper checked with the General for his approval before he released that statement for publication.

Creaminess
06-24-2013, 02:49 PM
It is rare when a General ever pen's his own statements, but I am sure that his Chief of Staff or another person in his office who DID put pen to paper checked with the General for his approval before he released that statement for publication.

That's true, slappy. It's one of the few things you've ever said that was correct.

Pullinteeth
06-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Have a good day now.

You are of course aware that the Army Times is a civilian company right? If the Army wants to hear from you (as you contend), shouldn't you contact the Army? Using such a statement to make an assertation that your input (or parroting other more informed opinions) is valued on a commerical site just makes no sense...

CORNELIUSSEON
06-24-2013, 05:23 PM
You are of course aware that the Army Times is a civilian company right? If the Army wants to hear from you (as you contend), shouldn't you contact the Army? Using such a statement to make an assertation that your input (or parroting other more informed opinions) is valued on a commerical site just makes no sense...

True, I have access to AKO, but he did leave it up to me as to where I should write whatever it is I have to say, and so I get to choose which media I use, and I choose here! If you don't like it, you can go off to AKO yourself, and leave us in peace, but that remains your choice and I will support you in which ever decision you choose to make.

TJMAC77SP
06-24-2013, 05:32 PM

Have a good day now.

True, I have access to AKO, but he did leave it up to me as to where I should write whatever it is I have to say, and so I get to choose which media I use, and I choose here! If you don't like it, you can go off to AKO yourself, and leave us in peace, but that remains your choice and I will support you in which ever decision you choose to make.

So your answer to yet another challenge as to why you post the relative nonsense you post is because some GO has told you to do so based on the obvious platitude of “we want to hear from all retirees’?
I of course support free speech (which includes both your right to post such drivel AND the right to call you on your silliness) but I should thank you from time to time for this humor I find in your posts. Admittedly this humor is found at your expense and completely unintentional on your part but is humorous nonetheless.

Pullinteeth
06-24-2013, 05:58 PM

You really don't understand English do you? If the Army wants to hear from you and that is the reason you continue to post, you should post where the Army will actually see what you post. AKO might be an avenue but if the Gen REALLY wants to hear from you, why don't you go to his house?

I could care less if you post or not. Occassionally you do contribute something to a discussion but saying that you post in a forum owned and operated by a for-profit company and claiming you do so because a government entity with absolutely no affiliation with said forum wants to hear from you is asinine at BEST.

CORNELIUSSEON
06-24-2013, 06:11 PM
So your answer to yet another challenge as to why you post the relative nonsense you post is because some GO has told you to do so based on the obvious platitude of “we want to hear from all retirees’?
I of course support free speech (which includes both your right to post such drivel AND the right to call you on your silliness) but I should thank you from time to time for this humor I find in your posts. Admittedly this humor is found at your expense and completely unintentional on your part but is humorous nonetheless.

It seems that George Orwell said it best: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness." I'm sure that he didn't have you specifically in mind when he said that, but I am sure he would approve my assignment of that quotation to you. It certainly fits.

CORNELIUSSEON
06-24-2013, 06:21 PM
You really don't understand English do you? If the Army wants to hear from you and that is the reason you continue to post, you should post where the Army will actually see what you post. AKO might be an avenue but if the Gen REALLY wants to hear from you, why don't you go to his house?

I could care less if you post or not. Occassionally you do contribute something to a discussion but saying that you post in a forum owned and operated by a for-profit company and claiming you do so because a government entity with absolutely no affiliation with said forum wants to hear from you is asinine at BEST.

“Criticism is a study by which men grow important and formidable at very small expense.” Samuel Johnson.

TJMAC77SP
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
It seems that George Orwell said it best: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness." I'm sure that he didn't have you specifically in mind when he said that, but I am sure he would approve my assignment of that quotation to you. It certainly fits.

“Criticism is a study by which men grow important and formidable at very small expense.” Samuel Johnson.

Actually I doubt Orwell ‘said it best’ and exactly what have my posts have to do with what you just posted? Do you ever actually have an original thought or is Google you only true source of anything? Seriously, do you even KNOW what Orwell was referring to because by your usage here it is pretty obvious to me that you don't know.

Let’s see if this works……………..

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.”
― Winston Churchill

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey, wait………….you might be on to something………….this is fun.

ACME_MAN
05-13-2019, 08:53 PM
Getting back to the topic of this thread, it is clear that China poses the greatest long-term as well as short term threat to the US. I think the Army needs to do some serious study as to the VIABILITY though of a long-term presence in the Far East theater of operations.