PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PT gear what is and what isn't...

Joe Cool
08-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Greetings,

I had some questions about PT gear that I wasn't able to find the answers to in the MCO and haven't been able to locate a BO.

My questions are:

1) If silkies are no longer considered green on green, does that mean they are now civilian running shorts?

2) What separates a green skivvy shirt meant for underwear from a green t-shirt meant for outerwear?

3) Can you wear a green skivvy shirt with civilian PT shorts in the gym or on the track?

More questions may be spawned from further discussion, but this is what I have at this time.

S/F

owens2023
02-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Here are your answers.....

1) Technically, yes, they are now considered civilian running shorts.

2) A pocket. If your green shirt has a pocket, then it can be worn as outerwear.

3) Yes.

Caedoven
05-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Here are your answers.....

1) Technically, yes, they are now considered civilian running shorts.

2) A pocket. If your green shirt has a pocket, then it can be worn as outerwear.

3) Yes.

In reference to question 3, why do you believe that it is okay to mix and match the green on green "PT Uniform" with civilian PT gear? Can you go for a boots and utes run (pt uniform) with whatever shirt you want to wear (red tanktop/white t-shirt/long-sleeve windbreaker)? This is a pretty big gray area in the uniform regs order; however if you look at the PT uniform as you would any other uniform, mix and match is out of the question.

SSgt2111
10-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I know this is an old post, but for future reference for any other new Marines, please refer to MCO P1020.34G for your uniform questions.

You can also use the below link that has a lot of FAQ. This is the official uniform board link.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/