Bunch
08-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Post deleted by member

Bunch
08-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Post deleted by member

ubermetroid
08-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I am interested in AEROSPACE PHYSIOLOGIST.

I would totally go to school again to get a BS / MS in exercise physiology, exercise science, or kinesiology.

When I am searching for a school to study at, what are the requirements? If the degree is title exercise physiology, exercise science, or kinesiology is that good enough or are there other qualifications that are needed?

also -

The commissing age for this is no more than 42, correct?

Thank you!

F4CrewChick
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
+++1 Bunch! Thank you for the comprehensive post(s) on USAF careers in medicine. I would like to ask a question and add one thing (as it is specific to me):

Experience. For award of AFSC 42G3 (Qualified PA), a minimum of 24 months of experience in Physician Assistant assignments is mandatory. Also, experience is mandatory in providing primary medical care under the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
Specialty Information: A qualified AFSC with a suffix is authorized upon completion of an additional residency or fellowship program related to the suffix and acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF. Specialty Shredout: A..................... Orthopedics

My question is, after civilian residency and COT would a non prior service PA be commissioned as a Capt.? I have a friend who may be interested.

Bunch
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I am interested in AEROSPACE PHYSIOLOGIST.

I would totally go to school again to get a BS / MS in exercise physiology, exercise science, or kinesiology.

When I am searching for a school to study at, what are the requirements? If the degree is title exercise physiology, exercise science, or kinesiology is that good enough or are there other qualifications that are needed?

also -

The commissing age for this is no more than 42, correct?

Thank you!

When looking for a school to go into check for accreditations, it has to be an accredited school but for now it doesnt specify in particular accreditation for this specialty as it is laid out for others, the educational fields are the one I posted.

Commissioning age is 42.

Bunch
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
+++1 Bunch! Thank you for the comprehensive post(s) on USAF careers in medicine. I would like to ask a question and add one thing (as it is specific to me):

Experience. For award of AFSC 42G3 (Qualified PA), a minimum of 24 months of experience in Physician Assistant assignments is mandatory. Also, experience is mandatory in providing primary medical care under the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
Specialty Information: A qualified AFSC with a suffix is authorized upon completion of an additional residency or fellowship program related to the suffix and acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF. Specialty Shredout: A..................... Orthopedics

My question is, after civilian residency and COT would a non prior service PA be commissioned as a Capt.? I have a friend who may be interested.

Rank credit and constructive service credit are a tricky thing to define. For rank credit, the amount of time of experience the individual has in the specialty is the factor that is going to determine what rank the person will get. Without having all the facts it will be irresponsible for me to answer your question.

F4CrewChick
08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Rank credit and constructive service credit are a tricky thing to define. For rank credit, the amount of time of experience the individual has in the specialty is the factor that is going to determine what rank the person will get. Without having all the facts it will be irresponsible for me to answer your question.
Thanks for your response nonetheless. The orthopedic residency program is two years post-graduate education after a Master's program. 24 months of clinical and surgical experience in orthopedic medicine as a PA.

I can't expect you would know the particulars of something so specific and I do appreciate your posting on this area of recruiting.

ubermetroid
08-10-2012, 05:50 AM
When looking for a school to go into check for accreditations, it has to be an accredited school but for now it doesnt specify in particular accreditation for this specialty as it is laid out for others, the educational fields are the one I posted.

Commissioning age is 42.

Thank you!

Bunch
08-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Just a quick message for lurkers: If you sign up and automatically send me a PM I will be able to see your PM but wont be able to reply. Apparently it has to do with how many post you have so people can respond to your PM's so if you are a new member please post your question here if not I won't be able to respond.

ubermetroid
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM

Commissioning age is 42.

This is a follow up to my question. (Honestly, I would love to know what AFI guides this, I could just look up the answers myself.)

The "United States Sports Academy" offers a "Bachelor of Sports Science Degree in Sports Strength and Conditioning."
( http://ussa.edu/academics/programs/bachelor-of-sports-science/ )

Would this degree qualify? I assume to be competive I would need to get a BS and MS. I just want to make sure I go down the right track.

Blue Warrior
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Bunch- now I know why our health care costs are out of control. There's too many health professionals! Time to downsize!

Bunch
10-14-2012, 06:37 AM
This is a follow up to my question. (Honestly, I would love to know what AFI guides this, I could just look up the answers myself.)

The "United States Sports Academy" offers a "Bachelor of Sports Science Degree in Sports Strength and Conditioning."

Would this degree qualify? I assume to be competive I would need to get a BS and MS. I just want to make sure I go down the right track.

That type of degree won't qualify you for Health Professions usually I recommed applicants that our persuing the Sports Science route to make the jump to Physical Therapy which is a qualify degree.

Bunch
10-14-2012, 06:37 AM

That type of degree won't qualify you for Health Professions usually I recommed applicants that our persuing the Sports Science route to make the jump to Physical Therapy which is a qualify degree.

Bunch
10-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Bunch- now I know why our health care costs are out of control. There's too many health professionals! Time to downsize!

hahahahahaha... I wish they did, its funny though because the goals would be lower and attainable but Health Professions is like WOW!! funny money. I can't believe the amount of money they give to these programs, from the scholarships, the stipends, the student loan repayment, paid residencies, paid followerships, AFIT, free CME's, then basic pay, bah, bas, signing bonus, incentive pay, board certification pay, resigning bonus... These guys are basically millionaires and debt free within 5 years in service.

ubermetroid
10-15-2012, 10:03 AM

How do I know what degree is good and what one is bad? If the link says "exercise science" is an accepted degree, is the link wrong?

AMU / APUS offers this: http://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/programs/degree/998/bachelor-of-science-in-sports-and-health-sciences/1288/exercise-science#concentration

Would this degree work?

KellyinAvon
10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Just a quick message for lurkers: If you sign up and automatically send me a PM I will be able to see your PM but wont be able to reply. Apparently it has to do with how many post you have so people can respond to your PM's so if you are a new member please post your question here if not I won't be able to respond.

Hey Bunch! Just sent you a PM. If it gets lost hit reply here.

Interceptor
09-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Thread close at member's request