PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree, or disagree with voter id laws?

Pages : 1 [2]

CYBERFX1024
09-11-2013, 08:43 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/11/new-poll-shows-republicans-flocking-toward-libertarian-principles/
This might be a good start. But the problem is still there of the term "GOP" or "Republican". The Dems have used propaganda way too much to tarnish the orrigional founding of the party and twist 100+ years of fighting for civil right to making them out to be the party against minorities. Just as the Repubs took over the whigs, the GOP will be gone one day soon as long as they continue down the path that shows them to be just like the Dems but a different brand of social morals.

I am one of those that is shifting towards more of a Independent/Libertarian man myself. I am becoming this way because the Republican party seems alot like the Democrat party in more ways than I can count. I am all for less government, taxes, and less damn government oversight. The last 12 years since 9/11 we have seen a onslaught on values, freedoms, and pretty much everything else you can think of. All in the sake of security, progress, and not wanting to "violate someone's rights". This is all at the expense of regular everyday people.
Only within the last 18 months have I started becoming more Independent after seeing some Republicans echo the same thing that the Democrats do and say on a number of key issues. Also I hate how Republicans are conceding themselves for defeat on some of our key principles, and this is all done on the premise of "compromise and the best of the country".

All the while the dollar has tanked, we are seen as a laughing stock around the world, our credit rating has plummeted, and we are at $16.934 Trillion dollars in debt as of 2 pm today. The President and Democrats want to spend and spend, and I see no clear resolve in stopping them from the Boehner or majority of the Republicans.

efmbman
09-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I am one of those that is shifting towards more of a Independent/Libertarian man myself. I am becoming this way because the Republican party seems alot like the Democrat party in more ways than I can count. I am all for less government, taxes, and less damn government oversight. The last 12 years since 9/11 we have seen a onslaught on values, freedoms, and pretty much everything else you can think of. All in the sake of security, progress, and not wanting to "violate someone's rights". This is all at the expense of regular everyday people.
Only within the last 18 months have I started becoming more Independent after seeing some Republicans echo the same thing that the Democrats do and say on a number of key issues. Also I hate how Republicans are conceding themselves for defeat on some of our key principles, and this is all done on the premise of "compromise and the best of the country".

All the while the dollar has tanked, we are seen as a laughing stock around the world, our credit rating has plummeted, and we are at $16.934 Trillion dollars in debt as of 2 pm today. The President and Democrats want to spend and spend, and I see no clear resolve in stopping them from the Boehner or majority of the Republicans.

Well said. Those are pretty much the same reasons I started leaning libertarian as well. I did not know what to call it until I took a few of those political quizzes online, however. I am not totally in favor of one party over the other but I can't help but think that voting for any incumbent will only perpetuate the problems we have.

CYBERFX1024
09-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Well said. Those are pretty much the same reasons I started leaning libertarian as well. I did not know what to call it until I took a few of those political quizzes online, however. I am not totally in favor of one party over the other but I can't help but think that voting for any incumbent will only perpetuate the problems we have.

I agree as well. There are only a minority of either party in Congress that I think is doing a good job. I originally was happy about the tea party coming out. But that quickly got sidelined by the Republican party, just like the OWS got taken over by the Democrat party.

efmbman
09-11-2013, 09:41 PM
I agree as well. There are only a minority of either party in Congress that I think is doing a good job. I originally was happy about the tea party coming out. But that quickly got sidelined by the Republican party, just like the OWS got taken over by the Democrat party.

Ditto. The Tea Party looked decent on paper, but it morphed into some other creature that I found lacking. And like you said, the party bosses have influence over their underlings (money) so the underlings will do as they are told. The complete lack of compromise bothers me the most. That both parties feel they must thrust their own views on the entire nation tells me they have all lost touch with the people they are to serve. The nation is not completely aligned with one party and they know that. It seems each party views their mission as punishing anyone in the opposing party. How is that in the best interests of the nation?

/RANT

CYBERFX1024
09-12-2013, 01:31 AM
That's what kills me about both parties now. They are out for their own interests and not what's good for the country. Even if it is staring them in the face they don't want to concede.

garhkal
09-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Hence why i say cut their damn pay (and stop letting special interests buy them). They want a pay raise they gotta get their constituents to approve it.

efmbman
09-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Hence why i say cut their damn pay (and stop letting special interests buy them). They want a pay raise they gotta get their constituents to approve it.

I hear you, but only "they" can cut their pay. And even if they did it would not take effect until the following session of Congress.

imported_WILDJOKER5
09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
They are both spend freely progressives with different set of morallities that they want made into law. They are both authoritarian. I may not agree with abortion, but making a law that bans the practice while "scientist" say the baby in the womb isnt alive just causes so many people to get in an uproar and devolves the argument. Until the narrative is changed on what the baby in the womb is considered, abortion should still be legal. BUT, the federal government should never pay for it, nor should states. If your town/city feels they can afford to subsidies PP and the voters agree, then that is their right. Otherwise, have private backers fund PP or have people pay for abortions theirselves.