PDA

View Full Version : USASMA Courses

desert beast
06-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I have changed the content of my post due to writing it in the heat of the moment. The title stays the say and I still want to know what they teach in the USASMA. With all the talk on toxic leadership when will the Army see that we are not all the same with regard to physical fitness, appearance, or MOS. You have your CA, CS, and CSS and any standards need to be equal across the board. 11B's and 25S's, completely different MOS mind set however, it appears that the standards are leaning more toward the 11B side of the house. Maybe it is just me seeing it that way.

efmbman
06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
It seems the edit monster was here...

ImpliedConsent
06-14-2012, 07:03 AM
...we are not all the same with regard to physical fitness, appearance, or MOS. You have your CA, CS, and CSS and any standards need to be equal across the board. 11B's and 25S's, completely different MOS mind set however, it appears that the standards are leaning more toward the 11B side of the house....

Maybe you shoulda kept the first version, 'cuz I can't keep up with what you just said. 1) ...not all the same... k, got it. 2) standards need to be equal across the board...k 3) different MOSs, but leaning towards 11Bs? What does this mean? The standards of fitness, ht/wgt haven't changed in decades and they're not based on MOS, but gender, age, ht/wgt. Why the comparison between 11Bs and 25Ss? Am I to infer that you think there should be different fitness and appearance standards for different MOSs? What does all this have to do with the USASMA?

efmbman
06-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I am lost.... Since the OP I responded to has changed, my reply makes no sense. I suppose I will edit that.

desert beast
06-14-2012, 12:08 PM
I changed the info in the thread due to seeing that I wrote in the heat of the moment. I tried to delete the entire post but could not figure out how to do it. If you could let me know, that would be great.

ThomasPaine
07-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Standard for soldiers are the same regardless of MOS, Rank, or position IAW Army Regulations. Don't misinterpret the Army's intentions of 'moving back to basics' as centering over a certain MOS. yes an Infantryman may have difficult fitness standards, but they do not warp the lens that the rest of the force is looked at through. As far as what USASMA teaches in regards to toxic leadership et al. I will say plenty. Ethics training is engrained in every lesson and is taught exclusively as we'll. Leadership is its own semester as well with several vignettes , discussions, and research papers developed for similar reasons. I can't tell you how many of Army leaders, including the Army's AG, have discussed current issues at the academy.