PDA

View Full Version : GOD D@MN MINOT AFB!!! No barber shop open on weekend within a 30 mile radius!!!

imported_Joker76
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Off base barber shops, fair enough..whatever..but ON BASE!!! we have two barber shops, the main on in the BX is open Mon-Friday...THATS IT!!! and they close at 5PM!!! what kind of genius fucktard thought that was a good idea!!!!

end rant

Robert F. Dorr
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Nothing available on Saturday within 30 miles? What do they do up there on Saturday?

Shrike
06-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Nothing available on Saturday within 30 miles? What do they do up there on Saturday?

They watch each other's hair grow.

BRUWIN
06-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Off base barber shops, fair enough..whatever..but ON BASE!!! we have two barber shops, the main on in the BX is open Mon-Friday...THATS IT!!! and they close at 5PM!!! what kind of genius fucktard thought that was a good idea!!!!

end rant

Maybe you should go on a weekday.

Robert F. Dorr
06-02-2012, 11:42 PM

Thought struck me as well.

technomage1
06-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Sounds like a business opportunity for you.

JD2780
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Do what I do, buy a set of clippers and get rid of it!!

efmbman
06-03-2012, 12:42 AM

Must admit that I was thinking this as well. Unless of course you are newly arrived there and you were not aware of this... Otherwise, planning ahead seems logical.

imported_Joker76
06-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Go during the week!!! that's brilliant!!!...because I never thought of that!!! I'm writing this down.....

The point is!!! most of the base is off on weekends...so why not close the barber shop on...oh say...Monday and Tuesday...and be open on weekends....sometimes I forget AF people are such sheep, herded along doing what they are told...no critical thinking skills whatsoever..its why Chiefs have meetings on PT Shirts and Reflective Belts....this is what we have become...(insert sheep noise here)

Tak
06-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Not God Bless Minot, God Damn Minot!

Sounds vaguely familiar...

Shrike
06-03-2012, 01:25 AM

They close at 1700. If you go at lunchtime you're most likely not going to be eating because you'll spend your lunch break waiting.

Airborne
06-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I tell my guys that the government requires you to have a certain hair style so you can go on government time (within reason).

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Go during the week!!! that's brilliant!!!...because I never thought of that!!!

Just because you do not plan very well doesn't mean you should take it out on me. However, if I were you I would simply not plan for haircuts on a weekend...you might want to take care of it during the week. That is what I would do. But if you want to leave it until Saturday than that's entirely up to you. I can't be babysitting people.

JD2780
06-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Go during the week!!! that's brilliant!!!...because I never thought of that!!! I'm writing this down.....

The point is!!! most of the base is off on weekends...so why not close the barber shop on...oh say...Monday and Tuesday...and be open on weekends....sometimes I forget AF people are such sheep, herded along doing what they are told...no critical thinking skills whatsoever..its why Chiefs have meetings on PT Shirts and Reflective Belts....this is what we have become...(insert sheep noise here)

We're just giving you your obvious solutions instead of coddling you and saying damn AAFES. There are a few bases like that. Malstrom shuts down early, not sure of the weekends though. Mountain Home shuts down early, and is closed on Mondays but is open sundays.

Sometimes I forget AF people are such cry babies, always asking why cant I have it my way, always whining about PT and PT gear. Is that what you truly are? (insert newborn cry here)

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 02:50 AM
They close at 1700. If you go at lunchtime you're most likely not going to be eating because you'll spend your lunch break waiting.

If you pull a number at 1655hrs they have to cut your hair. Do I have to do all the thinking in this forum?

JD2780
06-03-2012, 02:52 AM
If you pull a number at 1655hrs they have to cut your hair. Do I have to do all the thinking in this forum?
Well you're retired now. So between golf and pulling your pud, you've got the most time to come up with good ideas.

Capt Alfredo
06-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Just because you do not plan very well doesn't mean you should take it out on me. However, if I were you I would simply not plan for haircuts on a weekend...you might want to take care of it during the week. That is what I would do. But if you want to leave it until Saturday than that's entirely up to you. I can't be babysitting people anymore

Fixed it for you

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Well you're retired now. So between gold and pulling your pud, you've got the most time to come up with good ideas.

Well I have a job now. I dont get my hair cut anymore but if I did I think I could have figured how to plan this out pretty easy.

JD2780
06-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Well I have a job now. I dont get my hair cut anymore but if I did I think I could have figured how to plan this out pretty easy.

Since I'm 87 days from terminal and my wife is TDY until after I start my terminal I'm not cutting my hair much anymore either, and since its very thin on top I'm letting it get creepy, also growing the creeper stache while shes gone.

Greg
06-03-2012, 03:14 AM
I wonder, what is the percentage of dudes, after EOAS, have let their hair grow? I know I and a quite a few others have.

ScarlettGTO
06-03-2012, 03:16 AM
I wonder, what is the percentage of dudes, after EOAS, have let their hair grow? I know I and a quite a few others have.

Hell, usually two to three weeks from starting leave I let my hair grow out and don't cut it on leave. I don't shave and wear my gauges. I want to be as civilian looking as possible when I am on leave. I am sure the percentage is pretty high for EOAS guys.

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Since I'm 87 days from terminal and my wife is TDY until after I start my terminal I'm not cutting my hair much anymore either, and since its very thin on top I'm letting it get creepy, also growing the creeper stache while shes gone.

Well you will have to get it cut sooner or later. Check the barbership hours before you do and if they say they are closed on Saturday than I wouldn't plan for getting a haircut on that day...but that's just me and how I do things.

JD2780
06-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Well you will have to get it cut sooner or later. Check the barbership hours before you do and if they say they are closed on Saturday than I wouldn't plan for getting a haircut on that day...but that's just me and how I do things.

Thanks. You're a great babysitter. I dont know what I would've done with out you!!!

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Hell, usually two to three weeks from starting leave I let my hair grow out and don't cut it on leave. I don't shave and wear my gauges. I want to be as civilian looking as possible when I am on leave. I am sure the percentage is pretty high for EOAS guys.

I've seen people I worked with that have walked right past me and when I finally say hi they have given me the weirdest look...so then I have to say "It's me...Bruwin" and they start laughing. I had my hair very short when I was in and many that haven't seen me in awhile don't recognize me.

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 03:31 AM
I dont know what I would've done with out you!!!

Well you probably would be doing nothing cause you'd be dead after forgetting to wear a reflective belt.

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Hell, usually two to three weeks from starting leave I let my hair grow out and don't cut it on leave.

You are supposed to be within standards while on leave, but if you are at Minot don't go for a haircut on a Saturday.

ScarlettGTO
06-03-2012, 03:34 AM
You are supposed to be within standards while on leave, but if you are at Minot don't go for a haircut on a Saturday.

...oops, my b.

JD2780
06-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Well you probably would be doing nothing cause you'd be dead after forgetting to wear a reflective belt.

Or be in prison for not having the proper height socks.

imported_Joker76
06-03-2012, 06:22 AM
I've seen people I worked with that have walked right past me and when I finally say hi they have given me the weirdest look...so then I have to say "It's me...Bruwin" and they start laughing. I had my hair very short when I was in and many that haven't seen me in awhile don't recognize me.

yes..i'm sure it was the hair..and not the fact that you were just another unmemorable E9 nobody gave two shits about while you were there...much less now that you were gone..

or..maybe they just pretend not to recognize you for fear you've already started stalking active duty guys to talk about the good old days how all you retired fuckers do

also..they are not open Sat OR Sun..you are setting people up for failure by just saying they are closed on Sat..typical

imported_Joker76
06-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Sometimes I forget AF people are such cry babies

well, now you remember then

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 06:45 AM
yes..i'm sure it was the hair..and not the fact that you were just another unmemorable E9 nobody gave two shits about while you were there...much less now that you were gone..

I'm sure some don't give two shit's, but some did, and I'm sure some still do.

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 06:53 AM
also..they are not open Sat OR Sun..you are setting people up for failure by just saying they are closed on Sat..typical

Well I'm not at Minot so i don't check their hours. I only knew they were closed on Saturdays because you said so. And to be honest...I ain't buying into that story entirely. Every base I've been to has a barber shop open on Saturday. I think you just like to complain.

technomage1
06-03-2012, 08:10 AM
I've been to 2 that haven't but both were extremely small. Why complain if they don't want the business? Start your own.

Shrike
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
I tell my guys that the government requires you to have a certain hair style so you can go on government time (within reason).

Same here. If there's nothing going on and one of my troops wants to cut out at 0930 to go get a haircut, I'm fine with it.

Shrike
06-03-2012, 01:01 PM

But what if he's busy at 1655 shoveling snow out of his driveway that the snowplow threw there in order to not get a ticket in base housing?

Shrike
06-03-2012, 01:03 PM

I'm going to keep mine short. It's just too comfortable. I will be growing a Billy Gibbons-esque beard, however.

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
But what if he's busy at 1655 shoveling snow out of his driveway that the snowplow threw there in order to not get a ticket in base housing?

That's the thing about Minot...they don't want to shovel their driveways, now they don't want to get haircuts. They have a real attitude problem up there.

Greg
06-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm going to keep mine short. It's just too comfortable. I will be growing a Billy Gibbons-esque beard, however.

After a couple of years I returned to a nice, tight, trim which I currently sport.

imported_Joker76
06-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm sure some don't give two shit's, but some did, and I'm sure some still do.

WTF!!! don't answer by BS ball busting all serious..gonna make me feel bad...do you need a hug?

imported_Joker76
06-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Well I'm not at Minot so i don't check their hours. I only knew they were closed on Saturdays because you said so. And to be honest...I ain't buying into that story entirely. Every base I've been to has a barber shop open on Saturday. I think you just like to complain.

Attention to detail old man...I said they are open Mon-Friday....now, guess which two days they are not open...take your time...

BENDER56
06-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Someone already said it, but unless you're one of them metrosexual weenies who actually worries that people who neither know you nor care about you might pass negative judgement your hairdo, be a real man and get yourself some clippers and buzz it off at your convenience.

Your personal barbershop is open 24/7 and you save a ton of $ in the process.

Tak
06-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Anybody at minot want to meet tak sometime, let me know.

BENDER56
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM

I thought about growing it out into a pony tail but the thought of having to spend more than one nanosecond per day caring for my hair made me change my mind. I put the 1/4-inch attachment on my clippers and buzz it every three weeks.

But I am sporting the goatee.

BENDER56
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM

OK, I'll take the bait, but only because some people out there might believe this.

With a few exceptions (body piercings/ornamentations), the dress & appearance standards only apply while in uniform. So, yes, men can grow beards and let their hair get out of regs while not in uniform.

JD2780
06-03-2012, 06:16 PM
OK, I'll take the bait, but only because some people out there might believe this.

With a few exceptions (body piercings/ornamentations), the dress & appearance standards only apply while in uniform. So, yes, men can grow beards and let their hair get out of regs while not in uniform.

Good call. It says when wearing civilian clothes in an official capacity. Guess I'm not as big of dirtbag as I thought.

ScarlettGTO
06-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Good call. It says when wearing civilian clothes in an official capacity. Guess I'm not as big of dirtbag as I thought.

So I should shave on the Secret Service missions? Totally sucks cuz hookers like beards.

BRUWIN
06-03-2012, 07:19 PM
WTF!!! don't answer by BS ball busting all serious..gonna make me feel bad...do you need a hug?

I was trying to come off as flippant...wasn't looking for sympathy. It's not like I'd get any here anyways.

VFFSSGT
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM

This is a good idea, but I don't think everyone has a job that allows them to leave to get a haircut during the week.

The one at my base is open till 6 if I remember right and on the weekend.

imported_Joker76
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM

I think I've already meet you....just from previous posts about previous jobs and current job...yep..I know who you are

Tak
06-04-2012, 12:09 AM
I think I've already meet you....just from previous posts about previous jobs and current job...yep..I know who you are

Well nice to meet you then. Seems we are experiencing the same suck.

Shrike
06-04-2012, 12:44 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uOhulF44Rmw/TxOcPyG3aPI/AAAAAAAAESs/Q2zw3Jso0aQ/s1600/sl4.jpg

BRUWIN
06-04-2012, 02:02 AM
This is a good idea, but I don't think everyone has a job that allows them to leave to get a haircut during the week.

They have time...even in winter I know they ain't shoveling thier driveways and sidewalks judging by all the tickets they seem to get.

JD2780
06-04-2012, 02:20 AM
I was trying to come off as flippant...wasn't looking for sympathy. It's not like I'd get any here anyways.

Hey oldman river, shut it before I internet break your hip!!! Sympathy? You're lucky you get my acknowledgement!!

BRUWIN
06-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Hey oldman river, shut it before I internet break your hip!!! Sympathy? You're lucky you get my acknowledgement!!

You know...during my time off I decided to learn some self defense moves from the internet. I really don't think you want to fuck with me.

JD2780
06-04-2012, 04:00 AM
You know...during my time off I decided to learn some self defense moves from the internet. I really don't think you want to fuck with me.

Damn it, you downloaded rexkwan-do didnt you? Shit, you're right. You'd fuck me up. Now you have my respect!!

Kicker47
06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Hmmmm...I think the Mastercuts or whatever in the Mall was open on the weekends. Also, try The Prairie Clipper inside the Home of Economy building. I thought he had some weekend hours, as well. Vaguely remember the barber shop in Arrowhead mall being open on Saturday, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

imported_oih82w8
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I posted this in the wrong thread...

Married...with Children - Requiem for a dead Barber - Season 3 Episode 9

ACT TWO

SCENE ONE

FADE IN:

INT. "MR. APOLLO'S HAIR OASIS" - DAY

(IT IS A VERY TRENDY SHOP. AL ENTERS. WE SEE HIS FACE, HORRIFIED, THEN HIS P.O.V. THROUGH A FISHEYE LENS. WE SEE MEN WITH SCISSORS STARING AT HIM)

MR. RON (lisps) Hi. Come in. Come in. What can we do for you?

(WE GO BACK TO AL'S FACE. AL SCREAMS. THEN MR. RON APPROACHES HIM)

MR. RON (lisps) Ooh, a first timer. Now sit down. Relax. Someone will be with you in a minute.

(MR. RON MOVES OFF. AL IS SITTING NEXT TO ANOTHER MALE CUSTOMER, EDUARDO)

AL (TO EDUARDO) So what do you think about those Bears?

EDUARDO Well, if people wouldn't feed them, they wouldn't raid the campsites.

(AL STARES AT HIM A BEAT)

AL Yeah, that's what I think about the White Sox.

(AL SLOUCHES UNEASILY. HE PUTS HIS HAND DOWN HIS PANTS. EDUARDO STARES AT HIM. AL UNCOMFORTABLY
TAKES HIS HAND OUT. A MINI-SKIRTED BEAUTY, FRAN, SITS NEXT TO AL. SHE SMILES AT HIM)

FRAN Hi.

AL You get your hair done here too?

FRAN (SWEETLY) Ever since I could find an old man to pay for it. Do you like it?

AL Oh yes.

FRAN Are you rich?

AL No.

FRAN Oh.

(SHE GETS UP AND WALKS OFF. ANOTHER MINI-SKIRTED BEAUTY, MURPHY, CROSSES TO AL)

MURPHY Hi, I'm Murphy. What can I do for you?

AL Do you know how to dance in a cage? I mean, I need a haircut.

MURPHY Well, come with me.

(SHE LEADS HIM TO A CHAIR. HE FOLLOWS HER, WATCHING HER WALK)

AL That's a nice place you got there.

(SHE SITS HIM DOWN)

AL Now, my old barber used to charge a buck twenty-five. How much are you guys?

MURPHY Sixty dollars.

AL No, seriously.

(SHE LAUGHS. SO DOES HE. SHE LOOKS AT HIS HEAD)

MURPHY Ooh, aren't we woolly?

AL Yeah. You guys really aren't sixty dollars, are you?

MURPHY Well, you know our motto: "People are suckers." Oops. I'm not supposed to say that to the
customers. Oh, well. Just relax and leave your head in our hands. We'll start with a nice scalp
massage.

AL All rightee.

(HE RELAXES, SITS BACK AND CLOSES HIS EYES. UNSEEN BY HIM, MR. ADONIS REPLACES MURPHY AND STARTS
MASSAGING AL'S HEAD)

AL My name's Bundy. Al Bundy. Oh, that's good. Y'know, it's funny. I was kinda worried coming over here,
y'know, not being a sissy or anything, but if I had known you were gonna be doing me, I'd have
been in here years ago.

ADONIS (lisps) I wish you would have said that when I was single.

(HE GIGGLES. AL REACTS)

DISSOLVE TO:

http://www.albundy.net/marriedaniac/ate/script/0310t.html

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcdstz_requiem-for-a-dead-barber_shortfilms

SomeRandomGuy
06-04-2012, 01:46 PM
This thread is awesome. I hate to sidetrack it by actually mentioning the original topic but I thought I might offer some advice given to me back in tech school.

MTL: Hey I have a question how often does a good Amn need a haircut?
Me: Depends how fast your hair grows but I would say about once every 2 weeks is more than enough
MTL: Wrong! A good Amn never NEEDS a haircut
Me: But sir the only way to never need a haircut would be to get laser hair removal????

Luvnlife
06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I've been to 2 that haven't but both were extremely small. Why complain if they don't want the business? Start your own.

My first thought as well, hire a couple of good looking ladies and advertise that you're open on Sat & Sun and give a military discount and you'll be busy every weekend guaranteed.

SomeRandomGuy
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
My first thought as well, hire a couple of good looking ladies and advertise that you're open on Sat & Sun and give a military discount and you'll be busy every weekend guaranteed.

He said he was at Minot. Where exactly is he going to find 2 good looking ladies? Pay attention!

Luvnlife
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
He said he was at Minot. Where exactly is he going to find 2 good looking ladies? Pay attention!

I stand corrected, good luck getting a haircut then!

SomeRandomGuy
06-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I stand corrected, good luck getting a haircut then!

Im glad you understand the fallacy in your logic. Some people simply do not understand how hard life is at Minot. No beautiful women, No barbershops open on weekends, and they will even write you a ticket for not shoveling right after the snowplow comes by and places a huge pile of snow in front of your driveway.

imported_Joker76
06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Well nice to meet you then. Seems we are experiencing the same suck.

Don't worry, your secret identity is safe with me...I feel like we are the Green Hornet and Kato of Minot now!!!! and just for the record...I'm Kato

imported_Joker76
04-28-2013, 09:42 PM
a year has passed, still no barber shop open on the weekends.

good thing i have discovered animated gifs to reduce my stress levels.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4790854400/hFAD7FC0A/

MACHINE666
04-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Uh...why not ask around and see if some dependent or an active duty person cuts hair in their spare time?

The dude I shared a bathroom in the dorms with, when I was at Osan, would cut people's hair if they asked him.

Of course, all he knew how to use were clippers, but seeing how it was 1997 at the time, and you were either shaving your head entire, or getting your hair cut like Kid n' Play.

Become the white Kid n' Play. Your pick which.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/KidNPlay.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

MACHINE666
04-28-2013, 09:56 PM
...and that chick in the yellow bikini has a rockin' camel toe. Thumbs up!

imported_Joker76
04-28-2013, 10:08 PM
...and that chick in the yellow bikini has a rockin' camel toe. Thumbs up!

and she does flips

http://prem1.hiboox.com/images/2911/bf93a46ab3cdf9f06d42cf11e8ed1b7c.gif

Tak
04-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Ultimate cuts across from original or supercuts in Dakota mall.

imported_Shove_your_stupid_meeting
04-30-2013, 12:49 AM
I'd be shocked if there wasn't some wife cutting hair on the side in base housing.