DHarris75
05-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Please do not reply

Hehe - I'm such a rebel...LOL

Never was good at following direction!

BRUWIN
05-15-2012, 06:32 PM
ok.................

You are hosing it up! C'mon now...stop replying.

DHarris75
05-15-2012, 06:42 PM
You are hosing it up! C'mon now...stop replying.

Well, we wouldn't want to hose up such an important endeavor.

There are MUCH bigger projects and initiatives to hose up...LOL

giggawatt
05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Look! Replying to tell people to stop replying doesn't help the objective of the thread. You need to lead by example Bru! Besides, this is now no longer the shortest thread in MTF history. This (http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?1592717-Deployed-for-another-air-show&highlight=) is!

ScarlettGTO
05-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Send this thread to Roy. He won't do a damn thing with it.

BRUWIN
05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Send this thread to Roy. He won't do a damn thing with it.

OK...now that was funny.

MACHINE666
05-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Ignore These Four Words.

Measure Man
05-15-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm not one to reply when asked nicely not to.

Just sayin'

Shrike
05-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Wait for it...

You know it's coming...

Ol' Shrike's just gotta chime in and say...

This is not the proper section of the forum for this topic.

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

bb stacker
05-15-2012, 08:30 PM
is this the trayvon thread?

MACHINE666
05-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Nah, it's Machine-isms, bb ~ !

:D :D :D :D :D

Absinthe Anecdote
05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Wait for it...

You know it's coming...

Ol' Shrike's just gotta chime in and say...

This is not the proper section of the forum for this topic.

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

It's not fair to blame Tak!

Blame the system. It's the system's fault. Where else was he supposed to post it, since all the AF people in here are so popular.

Never ever blame the individual, blame the system.

bb stacker
05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Nah, it's Machine-isms, bb ~ !

:D :D :D :D :D

ok good, were safe to talk about shitting in coffee pots and upper deckers along with the occasional pissing in the shower.

js7799
05-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Not good at following instructions, but I'll try not to post here.

Tak
05-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Typical Mikey Forrester F@ckups.

20MM
05-16-2012, 01:07 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_04/033microartist3_468x351.jpg

sandsjames
05-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Message now long enough to post

Jamethon
05-16-2012, 04:27 AM
I don't know if this is then right place to post this, but I'm back! My account got messed up and the high powers had to reset my account.

iReddit
05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Tak, this is the best random comments thread ever. Keep up the good work.

crustybfv
05-16-2012, 06:05 PM
I wasn't going to reply, IAW your original instructions, but then I realized that there was huge void that needed to filled - a space, for parking comments, regardless of how random they may be. Knowing that someday, I could be stuck on a bed of coral, squawked at repeatedly by a random parrot, without having the ability to respond to any threads any longer filled my emotional void with empty space that could only be satisfied by an appropriate comment...here.

mikezulu1985
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
The Department of the Interior has decided to give all AD military,
Activated NG, and reserves free National Park Passes.

Please see the link for more information.

http://ebird.osd.mil/ebfiles/e20120516888108.html

BRUWIN
05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I know how to juggle now. Been practicing all morning. It's awesome.

Measure Man
05-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I like turtles.

Mr. Happy
05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends.

giggawatt
05-16-2012, 08:52 PM
PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!

Pueblo
05-16-2012, 08:58 PM
My interpretation of the AFI governing short threads is that I should reply to this one.

imported_biddy1030
05-16-2012, 09:05 PM
so that was the second time i got crabs....

Shrike
05-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I don't always have sex with older women, but when I do I prefer your mother. Stay horny my cougars!

Shrike
05-16-2012, 09:34 PM
so that was the second time i got crabs....

SuperTroopers???

Tak
05-16-2012, 10:53 PM
"Markenson's dead...there is no Markenson"

Tak
05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
SuperTroopers???

Thing about marriage...no more zj's

Measure Man
05-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I don't always have sex with older women, but when I do I prefer your mother. Stay horny my cougars!

The cougar (Puma concolor), also known as puma, mountain lion, mountain cat, catamount or panther, depending on the region, is a mammal of the family Felidae, native to the Americas. This large, solitary cat has the greatest range of any large wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere,[3] extending from Yukon in Canada to the southern Andes of South America. An adaptable, generalist species, the cougar is found in every major American habitat type. It is the second heaviest cat in the Western Hemisphere, after the jaguar. Although large, the cougar is most closely related to smaller felines and is closer genetically to the domestic cat than to true lions. Like the smaller felines, the cougar is nocturnal.[4]

A capable stalk-and-ambush predator, the cougar pursues a wide variety of prey. Primary food sources include ungulates such as deer, elk, moose, and bighorn sheep, as well as domestic cattle, horses and sheep, particularly in the northern part of its range. It will also hunt species as small as insects and rodents. This cat prefers habitats with dense underbrush and rocky areas for stalking, but it can also live in open areas. The cougar is territorial and persists at low population densities. Individual territory sizes depend on terrain, vegetation, and abundance of prey. While it is a large predator, it is not always the dominant species in its range, as when it competes for prey with other predators such as the jaguar, grey wolf, American Black Bear, and the grizzly bear. It is a reclusive cat and usually avoids people. Attacks on humans remain fairly rare, despite a recent increase in frequency.[5]

Because of excessive hunting following the European colonization of the Americas and the continuing human development of cougar habitat, populations have dropped in most parts of its historical range. In particular, the cougar was extirpated in eastern North America in the beginning of the 20th century, except for an isolated sub-population in Florida. However, in recent decades, breeding populations have moved east into the far western parts of the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Transient males have been verified in Minnesota (where one was shot and killed)[6], Wisconsin[7], Iowa[8][9], the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and Illinois, where a cougar was shot in the city limits of Chicago[10][11][12] and, in at least one instance, observed as far east as Connecticut.
Naming and etymology
With its vast range, the cougar has dozens of names and various references in the mythology of the indigenous Americans and in contemporary culture. The cougar has numerous names in English, of which puma and mountain lion are popular. Other names include catamount, panther, mountain screamer and painter. Lexicographers regard painter as a primarily upper-Southern U.S. regional variant on "panther",[15] but a folk etymology, fancying a resemblance between the typically dark tip of its tail and a paintbrush dipped in dark paint, has some currency.

The cougar holds the Guinness record for the animal with the highest number of names, presumably due to its wide distribution across North and South America. It has over 40 names in English alone.[16]

"Cougar" may be borrowed from the archaic Portuguese çuçuarana, via French; the term was originally derived from the Tupi language. A current form in Brazil is suçuarana. It may also be borrowed from the Guaraní language term guaçu ara or guazu ara. "Puma" comes, via Spanish, from the Quechua language.[17][18][19]

Subspecies
Until the late 1980s, as many as 32 subspecies were recorded; however, a recent genetic study of mitochondrial DNA[22] found that many of these are too similar to be recognized as distinct at a molecular level. Following the research, the canonical Mammal Species of the World (3rd edition) recognizes six subspecies, five of which are solely found in Latin America:[1]

Argentine puma (Puma concolor cabrerae)
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms hudsonii and puma (Marcelli, 1922);
Costa Rican cougar (Puma concolor costaricensis)
Eastern South American cougar (Puma concolor capricornensis)
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms acrocodia, borbensis, capricornensis, concolor (Pelzeln, 1883), greeni and nigra;
North American Cougar (Puma concolor couguar)
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms arundivaga, aztecus, browni, californica, coryi, floridana, hippolestes, improcera, kaibabensis, mayensis, missoulensis, olympus, oregonensis, schorgeri, stanleyana, vancouverensis and youngi;
Northern South American cougar (Puma concolor concolor)
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms bangsi, incarum, osgoodi, soasoaranna, sussuarana, soderstromii, suçuaçuara and wavula;
Southern South American puma (Puma concolor puma)
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms araucanus, concolor (Gay, 1847), patagonica, pearsoni and puma (Trouessart, 1904)
The status of the Florida panther, here collapsed into the North American cougar, remains uncertain. It is still regularly listed as subspecies Puma concolor coryi in research works, including those directly concerned with its conservation.[24] Culver et al. themselves noted low microsatellite variation in the Florida panther, possibly due to inbreeding;[22] responding to the research, one conservation team suggests "the degree to which the scientific community has accepted the results of Culver et al. and the proposed change in taxonomy is not resolved at this time."[25]

Tak
05-17-2012, 12:18 AM
"We owe it to Sergeant Hulka to end up face down in the gutter tonight."

Shrike
05-17-2012, 02:06 AM
The cougar (Puma concolor), also known as puma, mountain lion, mountain cat, catamount or panther, depending on the region, is a mammal of the family Felidae, native to the Americas. This large, solitary cat has the greatest range of any large wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere,[3] extending from Yukon in Canada to the southern Andes of South America. An adaptable, generalist species, the cougar is found in every major American habitat type. It is the second heaviest cat in the Western Hemisphere, after the jaguar. Although large, the cougar is most closely related to smaller felines and is closer genetically to the domestic cat than to true lions. Like the smaller felines, the cougar is nocturnal.[4]

A capable stalk-and-ambush predator, the cougar pursues a wide variety of prey. Primary food sources include ungulates such as deer, elk, moose, and bighorn sheep, as well as domestic cattle, horses and sheep, particularly in the northern part of its range. It will also hunt species as small as insects and rodents. This cat prefers habitats with dense underbrush and rocky areas for stalking, but it can also live in open areas. The cougar is territorial and persists at low population densities. Individual territory sizes depend on terrain, vegetation, and abundance of prey. While it is a large predator, it is not always the dominant species in its range, as when it competes for prey with other predators such as the jaguar, grey wolf, American Black Bear, and the grizzly bear. It is a reclusive cat and usually avoids people. Attacks on humans remain fairly rare, despite a recent increase in frequency.[5]

Because of excessive hunting following the European colonization of the Americas and the continuing human development of cougar habitat, populations have dropped in most parts of its historical range. In particular, the cougar was extirpated in eastern North America in the beginning of the 20th century, except for an isolated sub-population in Florida. However, in recent decades, breeding populations have moved east into the far western parts of the Dakotas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Transient males have been verified in Minnesota (where one was shot and killed)[6], Wisconsin[7], Iowa[8][9], the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and Illinois, where a cougar was shot in the city limits of Chicago[10][11][12] and, in at least one instance, observed as far east as Connecticut.
Naming and etymology
With its vast range, the cougar has dozens of names and various references in the mythology of the indigenous Americans and in contemporary culture. The cougar has numerous names in English, of which puma and mountain lion are popular. Other names include catamount, panther, mountain screamer and painter. Lexicographers regard painter as a primarily upper-Southern U.S. regional variant on "panther",[15] but a folk etymology, fancying a resemblance between the typically dark tip of its tail and a paintbrush dipped in dark paint, has some currency.

The cougar holds the Guinness record for the animal with the highest number of names, presumably due to its wide distribution across North and South America. It has over 40 names in English alone.[16]

"Cougar" may be borrowed from the archaic Portuguese çuçuarana, via French; the term was originally derived from the Tupi language. A current form in Brazil is suçuarana. It may also be borrowed from the Guaraní language term guaçu ara or guazu ara. "Puma" comes, via Spanish, from the Quechua language.[17][18][19]

Subspecies
Until the late 1980s, as many as 32 subspecies were recorded; however, a recent genetic study of mitochondrial DNA[22] found that many of these are too similar to be recognized as distinct at a molecular level. Following the research, the canonical Mammal Species of the World (3rd edition) recognizes six subspecies, five of which are solely found in Latin America:[1]

includes the previous subspecies and synonyms hudsonii and puma (Marcelli, 1922);
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms acrocodia, borbensis, capricornensis, concolor (Pelzeln, 1883), greeni and nigra;
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms arundivaga, aztecus, browni, californica, coryi, floridana, hippolestes, improcera, kaibabensis, mayensis, missoulensis, olympus, oregonensis, schorgeri, stanleyana, vancouverensis and youngi;
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms bangsi, incarum, osgoodi, soasoaranna, sussuarana, soderstromii, suçuaçuara and wavula;
includes the previous subspecies and synonyms araucanus, concolor (Gay, 1847), patagonica, pearsoni and puma (Trouessart, 1904)
The status of the Florida panther, here collapsed into the North American cougar, remains uncertain. It is still regularly listed as subspecies Puma concolor coryi in research works, including those directly concerned with its conservation.[24] Culver et al. themselves noted low microsatellite variation in the Florida panther, possibly due to inbreeding;[22] responding to the research, one conservation team suggests "the degree to which the scientific community has accepted the results of Culver et al. and the proposed change in taxonomy is not resolved at this time."[25]

Damn, we've just been Cornholed.

crustybfv
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
BTW, the proper terminology for a "Cougar" with age spots is "Leopard."

AJBIGJ
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Damn, we've just been Cornholed.

Wow here's a scary thought, Corny is actually MM's alter-ego:shocked

SomeRandomGuy
05-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow here's a scary thought, Corny is actually MM's alter-ego:shocked

Alter ego For other uses, see Alter ego (disambiguation).
"Double life" redirects here. For other uses of Double Life, see Double Life (disambiguation).

Playing cards with one's alter ego.An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. The term was coined in the early nineteenth century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.[1] A person who has an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

A distinct meaning of alter ego can be found in literary analysis, wherein it describes characters in different works who are psychologically similar, or a fictional character whose behavior, speech or thoughts intentionally represent those of the author. Similarly, the term alter ego may be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor[2] or by other types of performers.

The existence of "another self" was first recognized in the 1730s. Anton Mesmer used hypnosis to separate the alter ego. These experiments showed a behavior pattern that was distinct from the personality of the individual when he was in the waking state compared to when he was under hypnosis. Another character had developed in the altered state of consciousness but in the same body.[3]

Alter ego is also used to refer to the different behaviors any person may display in certain situations. Related concepts include avatar, doppelgänger, impersonator, and split personality.

Contents [hide]
1 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
2 Comic book usage
3 Performing arts usage
4 In film
5 See also
6 References

[edit] Dr. Jekyll and Mr. HydeMain article: Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
The title characters in Robert Louis Stevenson's thriller Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde represent an exploration of the concept that good and evil exist within one person, constantly at war. Edward Hyde literally represents the doctor's other self, a psychopath who is unrestrained by the conventions of civilized society, and who shares a body with the doctor. The names "Jekyll and Hyde" have since become synonymous with a split personality or an alter ego that becomes capable of overpowering the original self.

[edit] Comic book usage
Superman and his alter ego, Clark KentIn Pre-Crisis comic books, superheroes and their secret identities are often considered alter egos. The archetypal comic book hero, Superman, assumes the identity of the "mild-mannered" newspaper reporter Clark Kent in order to live among the citizens of Metropolis without arousing suspicion. Whereas Clark Kent's true self is Superman (or rather the Kryptonian Kal-El), Batman is a character created by Bruce Wayne in order to disguise himself for the purposes of fighting crime. The Batman comics and movies such as Batman Begins have also explored the theme of the true self (Wayne) becoming lost in or giving himself over to the alter ego, much like the plot of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Post-Crisis comics flip this idea around for both superheroes. Superman becomes the persona that Clark Kent adopts in order to freely use his gifts to help the world without jeopardizing his friends, family and personal life. Conversely, carefree playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne becomes the alter ego necessary to hide the true persona of the crime-fighting Batman. The Incredible Hulk comic book series further complicates this theme, as Bruce Banner loses control to the Hyde-like Hulk whenever he becomes angry, yet also depends upon the Hulk's super powers in order to combat villains.

Comic book-inspired alter egos can be seen in other forms of popular fiction, including television and movie adaptations of comic books, parodies of this genre, and unrelated fictions such as Star Wars or Angel.

[edit] Performing arts usage
Gene Simmons as "The Demon" of KISSAlter egos are used by numerous performing artists who use stage or screen personae both to entertain audiences and to explore new identities for themselves. An early example of a musical group to make use of alter egos was The Beatles, who recorded and performed as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in order "to alter our egos, free ourselves and have a lot of fun".[4] Alter egos would later be used for entertainment value by glam-associated artists such as David Bowie (as Ziggy Stardust and The Thin White Duke) and KISS, and to exploit horror themes by shock rockers Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson. Often, these artists are known almost exclusively by their alter egos; for example, Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson) is seldom seen in public without his horror makeup.[5] In contemporary Hip Hop, artists such as Eminem, Nicki Minaj and T.I. have used the alter egos Slim Shady, Roman Zolanski and T.I.P., respectively, to explore divisions in their personalities. T.I.'s album T.I. vs T.I.P. even directly appropriates a Jekyll and Hyde plot. More subtle uses of alter egos can be seen in artists who redefine their image for an album, such as Christina Aguilera as Xtina and the members of My Chemical Romance as members of an outlaw gang known as the Fabulous Killjoys, and artists who describe their stage personalities as different from their private ones, such as Beyoncé Knowles' identity as Sasha Fierce, Katy Perry's identity as Kathy Beth Terry in music video "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)". Another example of a celebrity who uses an alter ego is Skye Sweetnam, who uses her alter ego, Sever, to express her obsession with zombies and her sexual desire. She uses this name when she performs with her band, Sumo Cyco.

Comic performers also make use of alter egos as a part of their routines. The Marx Brothers performed throughout their careers as their vaudeville characters. For example, Julius Marx would play (and be credited as) Groucho, whether he was cast a professor (as in Horse Feathers), a veterinarian (A Day at the Races), or a president (Duck Soup). Standup comedians such as Don Rickles (Mr. Warmth) and Jackie Mason (Hartounian) can be said[by whom?] to have developed their shtick into distinct alter egos. Performer Andy Kaufman was chiefly known to fans through several characters, including the Foreign Man (later Latka Gravas), Tony Clifton, and Kaufman's impersonation of Elvis Presley. The biopic Man on the Moon depicts Kaufman as a man whose true identity was difficult to isolate, even by his close friends, because of the prevalence of these alter egos. Actor Sacha Baron Cohen, who has often been compared to Kaufman, is similarly best known as the characters Ali G, Borat Sagdiyev, and Brüno.

Professional wrestlers can also be said[by whom?] to perform as alter egos (or ring names), such as Terry Bollea, who used the character of Hulk Hogan, and Mark Calaway, who is best known as The Undertaker.

Milwaukee Brewers center fielder Nyjer Morgan occasionally goes by the alter ego "Tony Plush", although not usually.

Singer/songerwriter Beyonce used an alter ego named Sasha Fierce when she wrote her album I Am...Sasha Fierce. Beyonce stated that she wanted to explore her romantic side and her aggressive side. [6]

[edit] In filmIn the Our Gang short Mama's Little Pirate, after Spanky gets in trouble for touching his dad's flashlight he gets sent to his Bedroom and he talks to his alter ego. For another example, you can watch Hannah Montana.

In Fight Club, the narrator, played by Edward Norton, takes on an alter ego, played by Brad Pitt. The narrator takes on his alter ego after dissatisfaction in his life and by the end of the movie tries to eradicate his alter ego.

In Youth in Revolt, the protagonist Nick Twisp, played by Michael Cera, is a shy, socially inept teenager who is hopelessly in love with Sheeni Saunders. Twisp then creates an alter ego to help him win her love.

AJBIGJ
05-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Alter ego For other uses, see Alter ego (disambiguation).
"Double life" redirects here. For other uses of Double Life, see Double Life (disambiguation).

Playing cards with one's alter ego.An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. The term was coined in the early nineteenth century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.[1] A person who has an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

A distinct meaning of alter ego can be found in literary analysis, wherein it describes characters in different works who are psychologically similar, or a fictional character whose behavior, speech or thoughts intentionally represent those of the author. Similarly, the term alter ego may be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor[2] or by other types of performers.

The existence of "another self" was first recognized in the 1730s. Anton Mesmer used hypnosis to separate the alter ego. These experiments showed a behavior pattern that was distinct from the personality of the individual when he was in the waking state compared to when he was under hypnosis. Another character had developed in the altered state of consciousness but in the same body.[3]

Alter ego is also used to refer to the different behaviors any person may display in certain situations. Related concepts include avatar, doppelgänger, impersonator, and split personality.

Contents [hide]
1 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
2 Comic book usage
3 Performing arts usage
4 In film
5 See also
6 References

[edit] Dr. Jekyll and Mr. HydeMain article: Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
The title characters in Robert Louis Stevenson's thriller Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde represent an exploration of the concept that good and evil exist within one person, constantly at war. Edward Hyde literally represents the doctor's other self, a psychopath who is unrestrained by the conventions of civilized society, and who shares a body with the doctor. The names "Jekyll and Hyde" have since become synonymous with a split personality or an alter ego that becomes capable of overpowering the original self.

[edit] Comic book usage
Superman and his alter ego, Clark KentIn Pre-Crisis comic books, superheroes and their secret identities are often considered alter egos. The archetypal comic book hero, Superman, assumes the identity of the "mild-mannered" newspaper reporter Clark Kent in order to live among the citizens of Metropolis without arousing suspicion. Whereas Clark Kent's true self is Superman (or rather the Kryptonian Kal-El), Batman is a character created by Bruce Wayne in order to disguise himself for the purposes of fighting crime. The Batman comics and movies such as Batman Begins have also explored the theme of the true self (Wayne) becoming lost in or giving himself over to the alter ego, much like the plot of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Post-Crisis comics flip this idea around for both superheroes. Superman becomes the persona that Clark Kent adopts in order to freely use his gifts to help the world without jeopardizing his friends, family and personal life. Conversely, carefree playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne becomes the alter ego necessary to hide the true persona of the crime-fighting Batman. The Incredible Hulk comic book series further complicates this theme, as Bruce Banner loses control to the Hyde-like Hulk whenever he becomes angry, yet also depends upon the Hulk's super powers in order to combat villains.

Comic book-inspired alter egos can be seen in other forms of popular fiction, including television and movie adaptations of comic books, parodies of this genre, and unrelated fictions such as Star Wars or Angel.

[edit] Performing arts usage
Gene Simmons as "The Demon" of KISSAlter egos are used by numerous performing artists who use stage or screen personae both to entertain audiences and to explore new identities for themselves. An early example of a musical group to make use of alter egos was The Beatles, who recorded and performed as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band in order "to alter our egos, free ourselves and have a lot of fun".[4] Alter egos would later be used for entertainment value by glam-associated artists such as David Bowie (as Ziggy Stardust and The Thin White Duke) and KISS, and to exploit horror themes by shock rockers Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson. Often, these artists are known almost exclusively by their alter egos; for example, Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson) is seldom seen in public without his horror makeup.[5] In contemporary Hip Hop, artists such as Eminem, Nicki Minaj and T.I. have used the alter egos Slim Shady, Roman Zolanski and T.I.P., respectively, to explore divisions in their personalities. T.I.'s album T.I. vs T.I.P. even directly appropriates a Jekyll and Hyde plot. More subtle uses of alter egos can be seen in artists who redefine their image for an album, such as Christina Aguilera as Xtina and the members of My Chemical Romance as members of an outlaw gang known as the Fabulous Killjoys, and artists who describe their stage personalities as different from their private ones, such as Beyoncé Knowles' identity as Sasha Fierce, Katy Perry's identity as Kathy Beth Terry in music video "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)". Another example of a celebrity who uses an alter ego is Skye Sweetnam, who uses her alter ego, Sever, to express her obsession with zombies and her sexual desire. She uses this name when she performs with her band, Sumo Cyco.

Comic performers also make use of alter egos as a part of their routines. The Marx Brothers performed throughout their careers as their vaudeville characters. For example, Julius Marx would play (and be credited as) Groucho, whether he was cast a professor (as in Horse Feathers), a veterinarian (A Day at the Races), or a president (Duck Soup). Standup comedians such as Don Rickles (Mr. Warmth) and Jackie Mason (Hartounian) can be said[by whom?] to have developed their shtick into distinct alter egos. Performer Andy Kaufman was chiefly known to fans through several characters, including the Foreign Man (later Latka Gravas), Tony Clifton, and Kaufman's impersonation of Elvis Presley. The biopic Man on the Moon depicts Kaufman as a man whose true identity was difficult to isolate, even by his close friends, because of the prevalence of these alter egos. Actor Sacha Baron Cohen, who has often been compared to Kaufman, is similarly best known as the characters Ali G, Borat Sagdiyev, and Brüno.

Professional wrestlers can also be said[by whom?] to perform as alter egos (or ring names), such as Terry Bollea, who used the character of Hulk Hogan, and Mark Calaway, who is best known as The Undertaker.

Milwaukee Brewers center fielder Nyjer Morgan occasionally goes by the alter ego "Tony Plush", although not usually.

Singer/songerwriter Beyonce used an alter ego named Sasha Fierce when she wrote her album I Am...Sasha Fierce. Beyonce stated that she wanted to explore her romantic side and her aggressive side. [6]

[edit] In filmIn the Our Gang short Mama's Little Pirate, after Spanky gets in trouble for touching his dad's flashlight he gets sent to his Bedroom and he talks to his alter ego. For another example, you can watch Hannah Montana.

In Fight Club, the narrator, played by Edward Norton, takes on an alter ego, played by Brad Pitt. The narrator takes on his alter ego after dissatisfaction in his life and by the end of the movie tries to eradicate his alter ego.

In Youth in Revolt, the protagonist Nick Twisp, played by Michael Cera, is a shy, socially inept teenager who is hopelessly in love with Sheeni Saunders. Twisp then creates an alter ego to help him win her love.

He's everywhere!!!!:twitch

sandsjames
05-20-2012, 01:46 AM
This thread has turned into pure awesomeness. THANKS TAK!!!

Tak
05-20-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm at a wedding at a lakehouse. Waiting to start and hungry...don't care for most of these folks,
So watching step brothers on tv, probably Lakers game later. Dang I'm hungry, catering is
From ruby Tuesday, hope its good because its Saturday. I'm bartending reception later and
I stopped drinking in 02, ironic being a AA bartender, all tips go to wedding party. Wearing
Jeans and dress shirt, because all my dress pants fit 20 pounds ago. Glad I got my vasectomy,
No more babies running around. Three boys 6, 11 and 13, most important aspect of my life,
I'm just tolerating their mother at this point. And with that, I'm out.

The dead only know one thing. It is better to be alive.

BRUWIN
05-20-2012, 02:26 AM
So I'm at my 10 yr old's baseball game this morning. We had to wait for the game before to finish up. It's playoffs, single elimination, and the 1st place team is playing the 8th place team. The 8 place team is up by one run with two out when the 1st place team's coaches son is up at bat and is called out on a 3rd strike. Game over. It's an upset of significant magnitude and the crowd goes crazy.

Meanwhile; the losing Coach runs out onto the field and lights up the umpire...and I mean really lights up the umpire, spits at him and the whole nine yards. Also...another parent from the losing team running the scoreboard takes the park's brand new wireless controller for the scoreboard and throws it to the ground in disgust. $750 on the ground right there. I try to get it working again but we were basically left without a scoreboard for our game.

Cops were called out...reports filled out. Coach escaped before he could arrested for spitting on the ump...apparently that's assault. Scorekeeper high tailed it out of there before he could be arrested for any damages to the scoreboard controller. But I'm sure they'll both get a visit at home.

I know this stuff ain't cool, but the drama was a nice break from my current dull existance. My son's team won...good thing too, cause I was gonna tear down the actual scoreboard if they didn't. It's not like it was usable anyway.

KellyinAvon
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
He's everywhere!!!!:twitch

Chicken Man?

KellyinAvon
05-20-2012, 11:04 AM
So I'm at my 10 yr old's baseball game this morning. We had to wait for the game before to finish up. It's playoffs, single elimination, and the 1st place team is playing the 8th place team. The 8 place team is up by one run with two out when the 1st place team's coaches son is up at bat and is called out on a 3rd strike. Game over. It's an upset of significant magnitude and the crowd goes crazy.

Meanwhile; the losing Coach runs out onto the field and lights up the umpire...and I mean really lights up the umpire, spits at him and the whole nine yards. Also...another parent from the losing team running the scoreboard takes the park's brand new wireless controller for the scoreboard and throws it to the ground in disgust. $750 on the ground right there. I try to get it working again but we were basically left without a scoreboard for our game.

Cops were called out...reports filled out. Coach escaped before he could arrested for spitting on the ump...apparently that's assault. Scorekeeper high tailed it out of there before he could be arrested for any damages to the scoreboard controller. But I'm sure they'll both get a visit at home.

I know this stuff ain't cool, but the drama was a nice break from my current dull existance. My son's team won...good thing too, cause I was gonna tear down the actual scoreboard if they didn't. It's not like it was usable anyway.

To be certified as a youth coach (any sport) it involves sitting through video, usually of parents going batsh!t crazy. Couldn't help but notice most were from Florida. Must be the heat (temperture, not Miami. Although the Pacers handed LeBron and company their a$$es Thursday night. Bad enough D Wade stopped in at B-town to talk to Coach Creen, who coached Wade at Marquette). Worst I ever had to deal with was at No-Hope Pope with 11-12 year olds. We played all the games off base, there was maybe 3 feet between the coaches box and the fence, so 5 feet away there was the visiting team's parents depending on the home/road situation. Not sure where they found some of these parents, I guess the field was close enough their Lo-Jack ankle braclet didn't report them AWOL or they cleared it with their parole officer.
Anyway, :focus hey Tak, was this some experiment in human behavior for your Psych class or something? You could probably put together 5-7 pages with the material you've gotten here. Just remember: stealing from 1 source is plagiarism, stealing from many sources is research.

Tak
05-20-2012, 02:16 PM
To be certified as a youth coach (any sport) it involves sitting through video, usually of parents going batsh!t crazy. Couldn't help but notice most were from Florida. Must be the heat (temperture, not Miami. Although the Pacers handed LeBron and company their a$$es Thursday night. Bad enough D Wade stopped in at B-town to talk to Coach Creen, who coached Wade at Marquette). Worst I ever had to deal with was at No-Hope Pope with 11-12 year olds. We played all the games off base, there was maybe 3 feet between the coaches box and the fence, so 5 feet away there was the visiting team's parents depending on the home/road situation. Not sure where they found some of these parents, I guess the field was close enough their Lo-Jack ankle braclet didn't report them AWOL or they cleared it with their parole officer.
Anyway, :focus hey Tak, was this some experiment in human behavior for your Psych class or something? You could probably put together 5-7 pages with the material you've gotten here. Just remember: stealing from 1 source is plagiarism, stealing from many sources is research.

When I was taking a class through central Texas college on holloman afb, nm, I took a
Management class. Upon sitting in first class waiting on teacher, few of us talked and
We heard about the instructor, some PhD who just made msgt. So we are going on and
On, where is he etc, and after a bit this black guy gets up, goes to front and says, hi I am
Your instructor...interested way to start a class don't you think. I liked him because he
Could give a crap about what you could memorize, he was all about case study application.
Best way to get someone to do something is ask them not to do it. Best way to get the
Answer you want is to not ask the question in the first place. The human mind is fascinating.

Question everything, trust noone.

Tak
05-20-2012, 02:23 PM
So there was this guy in the late 70's, Tom callahan. Star wars had just come out and people
Wanted everything SW they could get. He took some custome photos with the kenner "77 gun
And signed them, to the earthling and Darth vader. He claimed to be vaders stunt double,
But it was all a lie. He went around south, called his company starbase 18 productions. Others
Also made appearances at malls and car dealers, but not claiming to be stunt doubles.

The movie tommy boy, his name is Tom callahan and its stated he needs to grow up
And stop cow tipping and doing vader impersonating. And now thanks to thus obscure
Post, you know why.

Measure Man
05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
** Bump **

Shrike
05-29-2012, 09:42 PM
** Bump **

I'm sorry, did you say:

http://failwebsite.com/upload/16921-30856/spelling-bump.jpg

Tak
05-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Finally achieved my goal here in this thread. My job is done.
Sure to be no furher posts in this one. I sure would not
Waste my time posting in this craphole of a thread.

imported_DannyJ
05-30-2012, 07:19 AM
This isn't where I parked my car!

Shrike
05-30-2012, 11:54 AM
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

giggawatt
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I just wanna dance!

iReddit
05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
So, to make a long story short, that's why Bruwin AND the horse ended up with diarhia.

Shrike
05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
It stinks of sex in here.

js7799
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Sex and candy.

imported_DannyJ
05-30-2012, 01:24 PM
It stinks of sex in here.

Dirty, midget, clown sex?

Shrike
05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Dirty, midget, clown sex?

That's the smelliest sex I know of.

FastFalkie
05-30-2012, 01:52 PM

Naming and etymology

Subspecies

Did Corny write this?

And do the OP a favor and stop commenting. Damn, I'm guilty now.

FastFalkie
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Nice Seinfeld reference...watched 2 old ones last night...well I guess they're all old now.

"Adjacent to refuse is refuse." When George eats the Éclair from the trash can.

imported_DannyJ
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM

I'd say its the most colorful sex I know of too....(do my little pony copulate?)

Measure Man
05-30-2012, 02:56 PM

Do clowns smell funny?

imported_DannyJ
05-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Do clowns smell funny?

I'd venture a guess that they do. Never really got up on one to take a whiff...

Shrike
05-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Do clowns smell funny?

Cannibals say they taste funny.

iReddit
06-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm sure I left my keys around here somewhere.

giggawatt
06-13-2012, 12:32 PM
This isn't where I parked my car!

crustybfv
06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Walked out of the office Monday, fired up the mighty Sonata- the thermometer said 122 degrees. That's freakin' hot - I don't care who you are. By the time I drove 8 miles home, temp had dropped to a more respectable 108. Oh, wait. Tak killed this thread already. Never mind.

SomeRandomGuy
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
When the #$%^ did we get ice cream?

Shrike
06-13-2012, 03:45 PM
No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need FOOD!

giggawatt
06-14-2012, 05:58 AM
I don't wanna sound queer or nothing but unicorns kick ass!

BRUWIN
06-14-2012, 07:16 AM
I don't wanna sound queer or nothing but unicorns kick ass!

You should talk to the guys about renaming the KMC hockey team to the KMC Unicorns. We were the Ramstein Rams but we changed our name to the KMC Eagles my 2nd year there. Low and behold the local AFN radio station started calling themselves "The Eagle" a few months later after they did a story or two about us. Some say it was just coincidence but I kept insisting those bastards stole our name and I wanted to proceed with a lawsuit but those guys said I was smoking crack. If you guys change your name to "The Unicorns" and AFN then becomes "The Unicorn" it certainly would back up what I was trying to say. Make it happen and thanks in advance.

And BTW...I bought my # 4 jerseys so my number would be retired after I left. I envisioned someone asking to wear #4 and the answer being "No can do...that's Bru's old number and nobody can wear it again ever." However, I see a facebook or news webpage (can't remember which) recently and some KMC bonehead is in a photo wearing #4. Complete disrespect right there. Granted, depending on whether the rink's pub was open...which was usually always...there were some games I wouldn't even bother to dress and would make myself the coach (in other words...open and close the bench door) with a German beer close by but still, that number is supposed to be hanging in the rafters of the Zweibrucken ice rink! They promised!

giggawatt
06-14-2012, 08:19 AM
You should talk to the guys about renaming the KMC hockey team to the KMC Unicorns. We were the Ramstein Rams but we changed our name to the KMC Eagles my 2nd year there. Low and behold the local AFN radio station started calling themselves "The Eagle" a few months later after they did a story or two about us. Some say it was just coincidence but I kept insisting those bastards stole our name and I wanted to proceed with a lawsuit but those guys said I was smoking crack. If you guys change your name to "The Unicorns" and AFN then becomes "The Unicorn" it certainly would back up what I was trying to say. Make it happen and thanks in advance.

And BTW...I bought my # 4 jerseys so my number would be retired after I left. I envisioned someone asking to wear #4 and the answer being "No can do...that's Bru's old number and nobody can wear it again ever." However, I see a facebook or news webpage (can't remember which) recently and some KMC bonehead is in a photo wearing #4. Complete disrespect right there. Granted, depending on whether the rink's pub was open...which was usually always...there were some games I wouldn't even bother to dress and would make myself the coach (in other words...open and close the bench door) with a German beer close by but still, that number is supposed to be hanging in the rafters of the Zweibrucken ice rink! They promised!

Well, I'm on the executive committee now and I have friends in high places so I can probably make that happen. Both the name change and I'll set up "Bruwin Night" at Zweibrucken where we'll raise the jersey to the rafters.

BRUWIN
06-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Well, I'm on the executive committee now and I have friends in high places so I can probably make that happen. Both the name change and I'll set up "Bruwin Night" at Zweibrucken where we'll raise the jersey to the rafters.

Finally. AND GO UNICORNS!!

iReddit
07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Politics have trickled down to every damn level in an
Already flattened force. Systems to actually judge
Someone's worth is screwed up, but apparatus to fix
It just turns around and funks it up more. Chain of
Command not adhered to. Commanders having
Free reign to fudge up a taco stand. Group and
Wing commanders not doing anything to stop
Recluse crappy sq cc's. Bad ccc not having anyone's
Back, but pissing down everyone's leg. Every week
Some major screw up in Dod. Media hates us and we
Hate are self. Desperately trying to get a hardcore mission,
So much so we forgot and changed our heritage.
Bike test fiasco. I want my nco and snco creed back.
I want whoever led effort to nix afgcm to get kicked
In the nuts. Bases need to stop being better than
Other bases and worrying about chart bar sizes, worry
About your damn people, you know, the ones killing
Themselves, and resiliencey is a $2 word that makes
No sense. People getting duis have resilency tatood on their
Azz. People inflating epr system cannot fix their own f ups.
Pilots rule the world and shyte in 24kt gold. AF lts need to
Lower their egos, well meaning, but stfu and learn.
Nco is backbone of spineless AF. No noteworthy leaders
In AF in 20 yrs. Even secdef gates said we sucked.
Dropped nuclear football and tried to fist fudge it.
Blame the airman. Return to basics, my azz. Officers
Have all the responsibility and no accountability.
Numbers to low, shops stretched more then call girl.
Stop Jets. Screw middle east. Fix 16B us debt.
Stop rollbacks and pt madness. End blues Monday,
Newsflash, it achieved dick. Abus have far too many
Pencil pockets. When I salute you, I secretly dispise you.
No one aspires to chief anymore, if they do, they hide it.
Bring back chief creed and symbol. Wish airman would
Stop asking why. I will color, but dang sure won't shut up.
Question everything, trust noone. People in the AF
Love to hate on everyone and everything. People used
To revere us and respect us. We had an identity.
Hoorah can go straight to Hell. I still call smsgts, seniors
And they like it. All unofficial sq, gp and wg rules can
Burn in Hell. It's all who you know anyway. Case by case
Means, if leaders like you, you get pass, if not its your azz.
Seems all the draft dodgers and protesters now run Washington.
Pt is the herpes of the air force. All is lost, marry another.

Measure Man
11-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I wore brand new pants to work today.

Blue Warrior
11-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Please do not reply

Roger that!

RS6405
11-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Just bumping this all important thread!

Robert F. Dorr
11-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Just bumping this all important thread!

A dubious endeavor, to say the least.

Robert F. Dorr
01-19-2013, 01:43 AM
Here is a list of Tak's staunchest supporters:

RobotChicken
08-16-2013, 07:48 AM
:frusty"Not bad for 80 post." (beats the heck outta the new ones)