PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Special Forces- leave after tech training?

BrClaire
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
My fiance started BMT April 17th and is expected to graduate June 15th. I'm quite new to all of this, so forgive me if I'm wrong. He is supposed to have his tech training following that (65 days for security forces) then following that he gets a 2 week leave, correct? We are planning to get married during his two weeks and I am trying to figure out a rough date and get things all lined up. We have already applied for a marriage licence so that part is taken care of, is there any other paperwork that I need to do?

Note:

I apologize for the typo in the title, I meant Security. Also, I mentioned that I was new to all of this, I was just looking for information, but thanks anyways...

JD2780
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Security Forces isnt Special Forces.

He isnt garaunteed leave after techschool. He is eligible for recruiter assistance wich is 10 days nonchargable leave. He'll need to go into the recruiters office a couple times to help out. Also normally you dont start class right after arriving. He could have anywhere from a few days to a few weeks until they get a full class stacked up and begin. He'll know more when he arrives at school.

Medic0721
04-26-2012, 02:18 AM
Security Forces isnt Special Forces.

He isnt garaunteed leave after techschool. He is eligible for recruiter assistance wich is 10 days nonchargable leave. He'll need to go into the recruiters office a couple times to help out. Also normally you dont start class right after arriving. He could have anywhere from a few days to a few weeks until they get a full class stacked up and begin. He'll know more when he arrives at school.

I can hear and feel your blood boiling from here. hahahaha. I can only see your face "What the fuck"

JD2780
04-26-2012, 02:31 AM
I can hear and feel your blood boiling from here. hahahaha. I can only see your face "What the fuck"
I used to get like that, but I've come to terms with the confusion. I simply roll my eyes and correct the person. She showed her lack of knowledge when she said she was his fiance. She just doesnt know.

Now when I get referred to as a cop thats when my blood boils. Nothing against cops but we have completely different existences in the AF.

drc100882
04-26-2013, 07:09 PM
My fiance started BMT April 17th and is expected to graduate June 15th. I'm quite new to all of this, so forgive me if I'm wrong. He is supposed to have his tech training following that (65 days for security forces) then following that he gets a 2 week leave, correct? We are planning to get married during his two weeks and I am trying to figure out a rough date and get things all lined up. We have already applied for a marriage licence so that part is taken care of, is there any other paperwork that I need to do?

Note:

I apologize for the typo in the title, I meant Security. Also, I mentioned that I was new to all of this, I was just looking for information, but thanks anyways...

In all honesty you should plan on getting married after he's been at his first assignment a few months...he'll go to tech school, but as JD said, he might not start right away. Then he could get washed back, or he could be delayed for some other reason. And yeah he can get recruiter assistance time, but when I did mine I was in the recruiter's office all day, every day so even then he might not be able to just up and go get married. It will depend on his recruiter, but in reality, that's the Air Force's time, not his. Also, that's not automatic. He'll need to apply for RAP when he's in tech school...

So once he gets to his base he'll be doing all the in-processing and start his training. If he goes overseas, you'll be on your own until you can get to wherever he is and be registered under his DEERS. I don't think the AF will pay to move you if you're not in DEERS... but you can always check. He can take the marriage license with him and get you into DEERS when he arrives, but you won't be going with him unless you're in DEERS when he moves to his first base...

Good luck.

CrustySMSgt
04-27-2013, 04:48 AM

Check out the "Air Force Wing Moms'" webpage: www.afwm.org

If you are on Facebook, they have a homepage there, as well as individual groups for each basic training flight, so you can converse with other parents/loved ones in your fiance's flight.

They interface with recruiters, and former TIs, so there is lot of opportunities to ask questions.

My daughter is in Basic now and even I have benefited from the info provided there!

JD2780
04-27-2013, 10:48 AM
This is also a year old.

CrustySMSgt
04-28-2013, 06:23 AM
This is also a year old.

DAMN... I usually don't fall for the necroposting... guess it was the fact that it was an April posting from 12 that drc100882 dug up.

JD2780
04-28-2013, 12:36 PM
DAMN... I usually don't fall for the necroposting... guess it was the fact that it was an April posting from 12 that drc100882 dug up.

It got me also.

drc100882
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
:frusty

Can I blame this on society and be free of the guilt here? No? OK.... my fault.

Assaultdog0351
07-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Security Forces = SF = Special Forces... Military Math

CrustySMSgt
07-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Security Forces = SF = Special Forces... Military Math

Another great addition to a year & a half old thread posted by someone who made a single post to the board and never came back lol

Assaultdog0351
07-30-2013, 03:26 PM
You say that as if I read more than the first few sentences of x article then proceeded to diarrhea my opinion all over the place like the rest of America.

FYI I wipe back to front