PDA

View Full Version : Military Cuts and Politicians

Tak
03-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Interesting to see fights lining up with the military cuts...
not sure who is more corrupt, the politicians or the corrupt military establishment...
Governors and such taking military to task to help their states, in spite of the country...
Gotta love america, corruption in every walk of life...they talk about ethics and
we had a sitting president getting head in the white house behind his wifes back,
but oh yeah we shouldnt worry about what people do in their private life.
In that case after work I'll go castrate a sleeping midget donkey and fondle a
mcdonald worker who has down syndrome but can handle the fries, all the while
beating a dozen eggs in a prostitues hobo dick cheese.

jamethon
03-08-2012, 04:38 AM
As long as you don't represent the AF.

Tak
03-08-2012, 04:54 AM
As long as you don't represent the AF.

Nice cut down, your mom(s) would be proud.

jamethon
03-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Nice cut down, your mom(s) would be proud.

By moms, you mean plural. So I can have more than two?

Tak
03-08-2012, 05:03 AM
By moms, you mean plural. So I can have more than two?

Yes, meaning no father and two mommies...don't worry, not as uncommon now.

jamethon
03-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Yes, meaning no father and two mommies...don't worry, not as uncommon now.

Damn Liberals

Drackore
03-08-2012, 10:25 AM
So the Generals and the GS-15+ squad all advise the overpaid SecDef and Congress on what can be cut.

Has anyone ever really look at cutting the Generals and the GS-15+ tools?

Shrike
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm still trying to decipher "beating a dozen eggs in a prostitues hobo dick cheese". It's like James Joyce and Hunter S. Thompson decided to collaborate...

ART
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm still trying to decipher "beating a dozen eggs in a prostitues hobo dick cheese". It's like James Joyce and Hunter S. Thompson decided to collaborate...

Excelent prose.

I'll have to try using that in a bullet.

jazzcat23
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
not sure who is more corrupt, the politicians or the corrupt military establishment...
Governors and such taking military to task to help their states, in spite of the country...
Gotta love america, corruption in every walk of life...they talk about ethics and
we had a sitting president getting head in the white house behind his wifes back,

Are you drunk? :twitch

JD2780
03-08-2012, 03:42 PM

I'm sure you do, but you know they can task the Guard to help out thier states right? I THINK you eluding to the worry about losing jobs at whatever plants are in thier state.

TVANSCOT
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Its the job of the governors and elected officials to represent their constituents, that is what they are elected for. My governor better damn well fight something that is going to have a negative impact on my state. Yes, everyone will fight, that is why we have a congress, at some point it will be a give and take at the federal level.

imported_CLSE
03-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Its the job of the governors and elected officials to represent their constituents, that is what they are elected for. My governor better damn well fight something that is going to have a negative impact on my state. Yes, everyone will fight, that is why we have a congress, at some point it will be a give and take at the federal level.

Um, all elected (and appointed) officials have two duties: represent the interests of their constituents while also considering the good of everybody else i.e., if we don't need a base in a particular place anymore, we can help everybody (including their constituents) in the long run by reducing costs and using resources more efficiently.

What doesn't get talked about a lot is that while they are "helping" their constituents by keeping a base/factory/etc open, they are doing it on the backs of the other tax payers while the other representatives are doing the exact same thing

Funny when representative A's constituents are really happy that their representative kept their surplus base open at the same time that they are b**ching about how much money other representatives are "wasting" on "pork projects" for their constituents.

jazzcat23
03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Um, all elected (and appointed) officials have two duties: represent the interests of their constituents while also considering the good of everybody else i.e., if we don't need a base in a particular place anymore, we can help everybody (including their constituents) in the long run by reducing costs and using resources more efficiently.

What doesn't get talked about a lot is that while they are "helping" their constituents by keeping a base/factory/etc open, they are doing it on the backs of the other tax payers while the other representatives are doing the exact same thing

Funny when representative A's constituents are really happy that their representative kept their surplus base open at the same time that they are b**ching about how much money other representatives are "wasting" on "pork projects" for their constituents.

"Considering the good of everybody else" is a dangerous proposition...

ConfusedAirman
03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I have a feeling that a good bit of the fighting by politicians is show for their constituents. Some of them "may" be smart enough to see the value but they have to be able to at least show their constituents they fought.

TVANSCOT
03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
"while also considering the good of everybody else"... ummm that is not typically a platform someone will run on.

Measure Man
03-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Like Santorum says:

"Well, I was made to vote for spending money on their program...so I offset it by adding spending on my program."

Tak
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Are you drunk? :twitch

I don't drink...I just spit game

jazzcat23
03-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't drink...I just spit game

.................................................. ................yeah, I got nothing.

RobotChicken
08-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Like Santorum says:

"Well, I was made to vote for spending money on their program...so I offset it by adding spending on my program."

:spy "More continuing resolutions coming 'SOON'!" (Now that's the cats PAJAMAS!!) Got it 'RRC'??

Absinthe Anecdote
08-23-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm romancing old threads! never leaving your poor heart alone

Every night and every day gonna love the hurtin' away

efmbman
08-23-2013, 06:28 PM
:spy "More continuing resolutions coming 'SOON'!" (Now that's the cats PAJAMAS!!) Got it 'RRC'??

Are you going to necro-post every thread started by every version of Tak/Godfather? Do you miss him that much? Maybe you and Tak should start your own forum so you can each post to each other and "like" each others posts all day and all night.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Are you going to necro-post every thread started by every version of Tak/Godfather? Do you miss him that much? Maybe you and Tak should start your own forum so you can each post to each other and "like" each others posts all day and all night.

Or he can send Steven Mayne a Facebook friend invite.

RobotChicken
08-25-2013, 10:35 AM

:spy "I never realized so many folks in this 'Forum' were so concerned about my reading habits and my interest lay that they even have the nerve to bring it up to me in a less polite tone of interest AKA Certain members 'old post' that spark my interest; so here goes. The post of late are of poor intellect interest for me with the exception of a couple worthy of a post or two in my opinion. I also enjoy reading, alot, Can't even tell you when I sat down and watched TV last for any show (what 300 channels of nonsense?) . But my reading taste are very diverse indeed, such as history of all subjects and counties, Races (Peoples) politics, early Religion, Latin and Psychology to name a few in this short space. Anyone to question them as questionable is getting too inquisitive to my taste fishing for an 'NSA' moment. Asking someone out of the air to show them their credit card statement might receive the same 'look'. Clear enough answer to all the enquiring 'minds' out there? Good, now go then and read a book, 'a mind is a terrible thing to waste watching TV'."

Absinthe Anecdote
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
:spy "I never realized so many folks in this 'Forum' were so concerned about my reading habits and my interest lay that they even have the nerve to bring it up to me in a less polite tone of interest AKA Certain members 'old post' that spark my interest; so here goes. The post of late are of poor intellect interest for me with the exception of a couple worthy of a post or two in my opinion. I also enjoy reading, alot, Can't even tell you when I sat down and watched TV last for any show (what 300 channels of nonsense?) . But my reading taste are very diverse indeed, such as history of all subjects and counties, Races (Peoples) politics, early Religion, Latin and Psychology to name a few in this short space. Anyone to question them as questionable is getting too inquisitive to my taste fishing for an 'NSA' moment. Asking someone out of the air to show them their credit card statement might receive the same 'look'. Clear enough answer to all the enquiring 'minds' out there? Good, now go then and read a book, 'a mind is a terrible thing to waste watching TV'."

Crystal clear!

Hey RC,

I never would have guessed that we have so much in common. I also enjoy reading about the history of counties! I especially enjoy reading about Fairfax County, VA and Cook County, IL.

Reading about the history of counties is awesome; well, that and of course Latin.

I stand corrected! Keep on necro-posting those intellectual gems from three years ago ship mate!