PDA

View Full Version : CSM Teresa King sooooooooooooooo..........

FatCat40
01-21-2012, 12:03 PM
mums still the word from "official" media outlets? I've found a few things on line from let's just say "unreputable" sources but anyone know the OFFICIAL charges?

SailorDave
01-22-2012, 05:24 AM
There is nothing on this earth sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning

FatCat40
01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
But why is this so hush-hush?

CYBERFX1024
01-22-2012, 01:26 PM
But why is this so hush-hush?

It's so obvious and here are the reasons why:

1. SHE is a FEMALE.
2. SHE is a MINORITY.
3. SHE is a SNCO, CSM.

How do you think she rose to be that level without having to deploy the last decade? Seriously it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

CYBERFX1024
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Here is a link to militarycorruption.com. It explains it in detail.

http://www.militarycorruption.com/csmteresaking.htm

CYBERFX1024
01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Here is a actual article telling alittle more.

http://www.militarycorruption.com/csmteresaking.htm

MisterBen
01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
It's so obvious and here are the reasons why:

1. SHE is a FEMALE.
2. SHE is a MINORITY.
3. SHE is a SNCO, CSM.

How do you think she rose to be that level without having to deploy the last decade? Seriously it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

Not always the case. I have seen senior enlisted, female NCOs (E-8 and E-9 as well as LTCs) deployed. This woman has not in her 29 year old career but from opinions in the article, she was an excellent leader.

In this link on page 4, CSM Rivera has never deployed and she has had tough "garrison" assignments (e.g. drill sergeant).

http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/news/mercury/10-01/Mercury-JanMar2010.pdf

CYBERFX1024
01-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Not always the case. I have seen senior enlisted, female NCOs (E-8 and E-9 as well as LTCs) deployed. This woman has not in her 29 year old career but from opinions in the article, she was an excellent leader.

In this link on page 4, CSM Rivera has never deployed and she has had tough "garrison" assignments (e.g. drill sergeant).

http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/news/mercury/10-01/Mercury-JanMar2010.pdf

We are talking about CSM King not Reviera whoever that is. Yes, I understand it's not always the case. But in this case it is. I understand a "tough garrison" assignment, I have friends who have gone on to be a Drill Instructor. But she is a CSM. That was literally decades ago.
Stop trying to coddle her and haze the facts. In over a decade of a war time environment she has not deployed ONE TIME in support of OIF/OEF. Which does say something about someone's character.

MisterBen
01-25-2012, 10:45 PM
We are talking about CSM King not Reviera whoever that is. Yes, I understand it's not always the case. But in this case it is. I understand a "tough garrison" assignment, I have friends who have gone on to be a Drill Instructor. But she is a CSM. That was literally decades ago.
Stop trying to coddle her and haze the facts. In over a decade of a war time environment she has not deployed ONE TIME in support of OIF/OEF. Which does say something about someone's character.

I am not coddling her or defending her. If she is guilty of an act; then prepare to suffer whatever consequences may come. I have known many people who have had tried to deploy and branch has not moved them. Before you quick to judge about someone's character, know their full history. I have deployed to OIF and OEF and yes; I can agree about not everyone doing their part in the deployment arena but then again; not everyone has control over it.

CYBERFX1024
02-17-2012, 07:32 AM
When I first entered into the Fleet Marine Corp after MOS (AIT) school. I voluntered numerous and numerous times. I even got approved one time just to find out a month later that I wouldn't be going to that unit. But I kept voluntering until I was approved for supposedly 1 deployment, which turned into a PCA and 3 deployments. So don't tell me that. If you honestly wanted to go and support/fight. Then you could have

11Bravo
02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
We have been at war for over 10 years. If you make it to E-7 or E-8 without deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan. You are hiding out. Plain and simple. There are/were bullcrap missions that POG (not derogatory) soldiers can jump on just so they could go get their combat patch.

A combat patch does not make someone a better soldier by no means. But with two wars, I have no respect for someone high ranking that never deployed.

Competent leadership would have forced her to deploy.

CYBERFX1024
02-18-2012, 02:26 AM
I totally agree with you 11Bravo. I ama "POG" Marine. But I gladly volunteered for deployment in a Infantry Battalion. It was alot harder by far but the guys I met, and places I have been. I never regretted it in the end.
Some of my Infantry friends would call me that as a joke, until crap hit the fan, and I was needed. Then and now I am one of the Grunts.

Proudly Served with 2/8
"America's Battalion"

SeaLawyer
02-20-2012, 01:40 PM
The only difference between her and many other like-individual's out there is: She got caught. She's building a great resume to run for congress though!

FatCat40
02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
The only difference between her and many other like-individual's out there is: She got caught. She's building a great resume to run for congress though!

I agree! Made this post some time back and was shocked at how many posters came in to defend the inexcusable.....

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?1586513-What-s-your-opinion-of-soldiers-who-ve-never-deployed

ImpliedConsent
03-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Sitting here at some unnamed HUGE FOB in Kabul, wasting time on the internet. I blew a big-ole-dirty snot booger earlier, Gawd that felt good. Hey, it's what it is. We had to get our trucks fixed. My dirty, unwashed joes are wasting time too after the contractor civilians figure out if they "have time" to work on our MRAPs today or maybe tomorrow.

This is what I've been seeing my entire career. When we first went to war in 2003, I was an E5. Now I'm an E8 with ... umm.. 1...2... err... 3... nope 4 ORDERED deployments now. When I got back to the world last run, I found so many folks on post that still haven't gone anywhere ... but UP (or stagnant) without deployment.

I hear the Army is suggesting that Raters and SR. Raters "discriminate" against senior Soldiers (like this E9 King... I refuse to call her a CSM or SGM, but more of a SP9). Some are screaming "no fair, I haven't had the opportunity". Bullshit. We're going on 11yrs at war. There are plenty of "opportunities" to deploy (Google DAMPS).

It's funny, because now that the POTUS said we're leaving Afghan in 2014, there will be more excuses and more bullshit promotions. "We can't go now...they're drawing down... blah, blah, blah". It will happen and there's not much we can do until we get into the rating systems and get on those SR Enlisted boards. Look close at their assignments during the past 11yrs.

Hey, gotta go now. Seems the civilians are moving now... I think to Chow or Chai, couldn't hear it that well, I've got an H3 and can't hear that well.

CYBERFX1024
03-12-2012, 04:09 AM
Sitting here at some unnamed HUGE FOB in Kabul, wasting time on the internet. I blew a big-ole-dirty snot booger earlier, Gawd that felt good. Hey, it's what it is. We had to get our trucks fixed. My dirty, unwashed joes are wasting time too after the contractor civilians figure out if they "have time" to work on our MRAPs today or maybe tomorrow.

This is what I've been seeing my entire career. When we first went to war in 2003, I was an E5. Now I'm an E8 with ... umm.. 1...2... err... 3... nope 4 ORDERED deployments now. When I got back to the world last run, I found so many folks on post that still haven't gone anywhere ... but UP (or stagnant) without deployment.

I hear the Army is suggesting that Raters and SR. Raters "discriminate" against senior Soldiers (like this E9 King... I refuse to call her a CSM or SGM, but more of a SP9). Some are screaming "no fair, I haven't had the opportunity". Bullshit. We're going on 11yrs at war. There are plenty of "opportunities" to deploy (Google DAMPS).

It's funny, because now that the POTUS said we're leaving Afghan in 2014, there will be more excuses and more bullshit promotions. "We can't go now...they're drawing down... blah, blah, blah". It will happen and there's not much we can do until we get into the rating systems and get on those SR Enlisted boards. Look close at their assignments during the past 11yrs.

Hey, gotta go now. Seems the civilians are moving now... I think to Chow or Chai, couldn't hear it that well, I've got an H3 and can't hear that well.

Most of your post I agree with about the whole deployment part. But not about the part about the contractors. Most of us contractors love our jobs and enjoy doing them, helping the warfighter out. That is why we are here. But alot of it is also bueracracy. You have XYZ in order for us to touch a piece of gear. That is to cover your ass and our ass as well.

When I have at least 3-4 soldiers coming up to me every week to "Hook them up" on stuff. Normally I would IF it's something small, but the majority of the time it's in having to do with either a large amount of work or quantity of a item. So I can't "HOOK THEM UP" when I have other units that do stuff the right way, and do all the 10/20 level maintenance. If you did that and your PMCS on trucks, alot of your problems would be fixed, and the contractor wouldn't have to do so much, so they can help other units out.

Most units I deal with are too lazy in doing 10/20 level maintenance. So when they have to turn their NVG's in to me, it takes longer bc I have to order parts that technically your unit should be doing. When units do the actual maintenance and turn gear into me for services, they come in and they go out. Because all the small stuff that the unit should do, they did. So how about have your joes do what they need to be doing, and stop blaming us.

ImpliedConsent
03-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Aww, calm down Cyber, my post wasn't about you or your beloved contractors, heck, we're not even from here but had to get a truck fixed. Now it's gonna take even longer because some 'tard down your way waxed 16 civvies.
My post was about that POS SP9 King (and those like her), but you took offense that I demand the overpaid contractors to work instead of giving me f'ing excuses. -- aww jeez -- you went and made this topic about you and we got OT.

K, about King ... any word on this beauty queen? Did they execute her?

CYBERFX1024
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Aww, calm down Cyber, my post wasn't about you or your beloved contractors, heck, we're not even from here but had to get a truck fixed. Now it's gonna take even longer because some 'tard down your way waxed 16 civvies.
My post was about that POS SP9 King (and those like her), but you took offense that I demand the overpaid contractors to work instead of giving me f'ing excuses. -- aww jeez -- you went and made this topic about you and we got OT.

K, about King ... any word on this beauty queen? Did they execute her?

Sorry about that. No there are alot of people in the Army and the Marines who are like her. I hate serving under them, because they can always quote rules and regulations but rarely if ever live up to them. There are people out there who tried and tried to deploy but couldn't. I tried to for 3 years, and finally got the chance.

But POS like her are one reason the military is in the sad state that it is in. But you be safe up North man, I will try and be safe down my way.

Crazyhorse21
03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
My GUARD unit has spent 26 months in Iraq alone, with a total of 34 months "deployed" for mobilization in the last 5 years. Between our two BCT's we've deployed nine times in the last decade, and that's not including the OMLT teams and other small groups we've sent. If we're deploying that much in the ARNG, you can't tell me she didn't have an opportunity on active duty.

11Bravo
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
She had plenty of opportunities. Never doubt that for a minute. She simply chose not to go.

Captain Barbossa
04-11-2012, 03:14 PM
CSM King used to be in Heidelberg years ago...2004..2005. I remember when she let this drunk guy with no license drive her car onto Patrick Henry Village and he wasnt even allowed on base to start with. The guy "E.B" got locked up by German Police and CSM King had to come into the PMO but nothing ever happened to her. I know this stuff for a fact cause I was there when it happened.

BRUWIN
05-02-2012, 03:04 AM
I can't understand why the Army is discriminating against this lady. I think it's despicable.

CYBERFX1024
05-02-2012, 06:38 AM
I can't understand why the Army is discriminating against this lady. I think it's despicable.

I hope you are kidding BRUWIN

ImpliedConsent
05-02-2012, 08:21 AM

I smell sarcasm or troll.

BRUWIN
05-03-2012, 01:08 AM
This lady has two degrees and a proven track record. I don't understand why they are going after her. It all stinks of discrimination to me.

BRUWIN
05-03-2012, 01:22 AM
I smell sarcasm or troll.

I smell discrimination with some harassment lumped on top. If you ask me...this lady should be the CSM of the Army.

Measure Man
05-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Drill sergeant says sexism, racism led to suspension
COLUMBIA, S.C. - The first woman to command the Army’s drill sergeant training took legal action Monday to reclaim her job, alleging she was improperly suspended last year because of sexism and racism and demanding that two of her superiors be investigated for abuse of their authority.

Command Sergeant Major Teresa King still does not know what exactly her superiors were investigating when they suspended her Nov. 29, according to her attorney, James Smith. He said the Army has declined to say specifically what it was looking into, beyond a general statement that it involved her conduct.

Smith filed a legal complaint Monday with the Army against two of King’s superiors, and wants to have King reinstated. Smith is also asking South Carolina’s two senior members of Congress, Senator Lindsey Graham and Representative James Clyburn, for a congressional inquiry into King’s treatment.

Army officials said they wanted to study the complaint before commenting.

King, who is black, made headlines in 2009 when the Army named her as the first woman to head the Drill Sergeant School at Fort Jackson.

Smith has statements from King’s deputy at the school and an Army colonel who worked with King contending she is a victim of sexism and racism on the part of soldiers who resented her promotion and the national attention it drew.

“It’s abundantly clear that there was nothing to warrant her removal. The Army should reinstate her and restore her honorable name,’’ Smith said in an interview.

The attorney said King, 50, has declined to comment on the actions, saying the complaint stands on its own. But in a rebuttal to the Army, King wrote her superiors, “My instincts tell me that if I were a male, that none of this would have happened.’’

Smith said he believes the Army is delaying its investigation in order to force King to take retirement when she becomes eligible later this year.

Smith, who has handled military legal cases as an officer in the National Guard, said Army regulations require that investigations must be handled “expeditiously’’ and the one against King has gone on far too long.

After she took charge of the training program, reporters and TV crews descended on King, making much of her background as the daughter of a North Carolina sharecropper who dispensed stern discipline to his 12 children. She was featured on national TV, on newspaper front pages, and in women’s magazines.

Smith said envy and sexism were at the heart of the investigations which began against her after she was named commandant at the school. He produced Army evaluations that showed that up until then, King had excellent ratings throughout her career.

Smith said the complaint is being filed against Major General Richard Longo, who ordered King suspended, and his top enlisted aide, Command Sergeant Major John

Read more: http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2012/04/30/drill-sergeant-says-sexism-racism-led-suspension/ab6arguKBGEb2nVbAy4FLO/story.html

If it's true that she still doesn't know WHY she was removed for what she is being investigated for...that's kind of BS, dontcha think?

CYBERFX1024
05-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Of course it is bullshit.... She knows why she was taken down. She is just trying to put pressure onto the Army so she can be reinstated. But she is full of shit

CYBERFX1024
05-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Of course it is bullshit.... She knows why she was taken down. She is just trying to put pressure onto the Army so she can be reinstated. But she is full of shit

Creaminess
05-05-2012, 03:48 AM

I see she now has her job back after claiming sexism and racism. Wow, she claimed racism...what a shocker. She had to play the race card.

MedWeenie
05-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Didn't she have a Doctorate of divinity.... Awesome degree.

desert beast
05-05-2012, 07:17 AM
"Maj. Gen. Bradley W. May, deputy commanding general of the Initial Military Training Center of Excellence, lifted the suspension just days after Smith and King filed the legal complaint alleging her suspension was the result of racism, sexism and discrimination based on her lack of a combat deployment."

WTH, the claim of racism and sexism is BS, I completely agree on the lack of combat time. You are the head of the school who trains NCO's to teach new Soldiers. If you are a drill canidate with a few deployments and you see this POG CSM with no deployed time, what kind of picture does that send to your charges????? MG May should have kept her ass on admin jobs until she retired.

Think about it.

justin0495
05-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I’m guessing she did not get a Combat Patch for fighting all the racists and sexists. I’m also guessing she did not use her off time to volunteer for any Down Range duty either.

CDLaine
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM
...was she the most qualified SNCO for the position ? ...Sounds like a leadership
fail to me ? Who appointed/selected/nominated her ? What Board signed
off on this ? Unless I'm mistaken, appointment to that position would require
more then one memo. That is the real story.

Charles

BRUWIN
05-06-2012, 02:28 AM
The bottom line is that she now back to being the CSM for drill instructors. If she barks at them to go pick up that cigarrette butt then they better go do pick up the damn cigarette butt. Better nobody give her any lip about it either.

ImpliedConsent
05-06-2012, 05:29 AM
ARMY - Need a new DS Program CSM.

KING - better select me, I have a fake doctorate - umm... breasts... umm... hello? Black!

ARMY - Should be a combat veteran.

KING - AHEM! black breast reminder!

ARMY - ...blink...

KING - Hoooray, I'm entitled because I'm a black female with no combat experience even though we've been at war for 11yrs.

ARMY - Hey, somethings fishy about you ... fake doctorate, hmm... allegations of impropriety... suspended until further review.

KING - Umm... crap. Attorney, what to do, what to do? ... OH, it worked before, lets do it again! w00t! Ahem, oh AAARMMEEE - did you forget the black breasts?

ARMY - ...blink...

MisterBen
05-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Very funny IC. Anyway, if you read the article; she will only remain in the position for another month and perhaps her retirement will be approved. That is a senior NCO that needs to be removed based on the circumstances.

And you are right; if she did not deploy (regardless if it was branch's fault or she found a way to hide), that she has not earned any respect in my book; especially when you have E1s to E4s deploying during their first enlistment and/or on their third tour already. She truly does not know what the suck is. And I bet if she was deployed; she will work at a cushy job at division or corps level in the JOC and then tell "combat" stories later on or purposely looking for some ground convoy to get on so she can earn the coveted CAB. Amazing.

Wait, I failed to mention that she will also receive the Bronze Star because of her rank and position but yet just walks around making on-the-spot corrections during the whole tour.

Creaminess
05-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I get REALLY tired of hearing that "I wanted to deploy and volunteered, but they wouldn't let me." That is a complete cop-out. If you REALLY want to deploy as a senior NCO, you WILL deploy. She was dodging it and everybody knows it.

Don't make me pull up her ERB and list her past assignments again.

DaveIn3D
05-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Don't make me pull up her ERB and list her past assignments again.

NO BALLS

-3D

Creaminess
05-07-2012, 08:16 PM
NO BALLS

-3D

Pardon me, son?

CYBERFX1024
05-08-2012, 04:47 AM
No balls as in pull her ERB and list her past "ACCOMPLISHMENTS"

desert beast
05-08-2012, 06:58 AM
I triple dog dare you. LOL

Creaminess
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
I triple dog dare you. LOL

Well, first thing I noticed is that her "Masters of Divinity" is no longer on her ERB. Her civilian education says she completed an associate's degree and has 4 total years of college (yet mysteriously only 75 semester hours) but no bachelor's.

Here's a brief synopsis of her assignments and how long she spent at each station after basic training and AIT:

Germany: 35 months
Fort Dix, NJ: 40 months
Fort McNair/Pentagon (consecutive assignments to DC area): 77 months (yes, nearly 6 1/2 years!)
Fort Bragg: 28 months
Korea: 12 months
Fort Bragg: 41 months
Fort Bliss: 10 months (as a student in USASMA)
Fort Bragg: 12 months
Fort Jackson: 27 months
SHAPE, Belgium: 26 months
Fort Jackson: 55 months and counting

GT score is 105, which is below the 110 the Army would like a 42A to have but still qualifies to enlist in that MOS.

Dwell time: 386 months, 5 days (and counting)

No combat tours, no operational tours.

She's been at Fort Jackson on this current assignment since 2007, yet her ERB still has her mailing address for SHAPE. Her last APFT on her ERB is from 2006.

DaveIn3D
05-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Sounds like SMA material to me. I wouldnt be surprised to see her trumpeting her years in belguim as 'helping NATO' in the fight against terror. Probably the closest she ever got to the 'war.'

-3D

Creaminess
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Sounds like SMA material to me. I wouldnt be surprised to see her trumpeting her years in belguim as 'helping NATO' in the fight against terror. Probably the closest she ever got to the 'war.'

-3D

The funny thing about her time in Belgium is if you pull up the old Army Times story online when she was named Commandant of the DS School, it says she served as "the top enlisted adviser to NATO’s military commander in Europe." Yet her ERB shows she was a battalion CSM in Belgium. That's far from the top enlisted adviser to NATO's military commander in Europe. Anything they can do to make her sound more important than she is, they'll do.

desert beast
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
HOLY S!@#, what an outstanding record. At least she was at Bragg for awhile.
What the hell is a Masters of Divinity?????

Remember a ways back with the investigation of SMA McKinney???? Also, as an NCO, I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage.

Creaminess
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
HOLY S!@#, what an outstanding record. At least she was at Bragg for awhile.

And yet with all that Bragg time, not a single deployment. Not even anything operational. No Kuwait, no Qatar. Nothing whatsoever.

desert beast
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Creaminess, you know, with the information posted, I am surprised that she would fight that hard. Just the thought of not having done my part in the GWOT would make me rethink my role as a leader.

CDLaine
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Creaminess...

Exactly. Over 5 years at Bragg at not one sniff of a deployment...
that is amazing, actually, unbelievable. I wonder what her rater and
endorser comments were ???

Charles

Creaminess
05-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Creaminess, you know, with the information posted, I am surprised that she would fight that hard. Just the thought of not having done my part in the GWOT would make me rethink my role as a leader.

Some people don't think about how they're perceived because they're so selfish and into themselves. She's a perfect example of that. She's too proud to let it go, but she really should just go away.

desert beast
05-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I completely agree, she is only thinking about herself and nothing else, oh well, one year left and she will be able to spin lies at the local VFW how she saved 24 Afgan kids from being run over by a T-72 tank on the outskirts of Baghdad. She may even throw out there the fact that she won 2 DSC's 15 PH, and 4 CAB's along with the EIB.

candycane3482
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47383010/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/#.T60EecXStrM

This is the longest article I've seen about CSM King so far.

She is saying that people got mad at her because she held the drill sergeant recruits to higher standards and focused on doctrine. The complaints say she focused too much on doctrine.

Her critics assert that Sergeant Major King, who spent the last decade mainly in training jobs on domestic bases, should at least have deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan with a noncombat support unit. But she argues that if she had, she would not have gained much experience useful to training drill sergeants.

“At the schoolhouse, you’re training in doctrine,” she said. “You don’t have to go to combat to teach a sergeant how to transform a civilian into a soldier.”

She has a bit of a point - I mean during the time before 9/11 when there weren't these wars there had to be drill sergeants with no combat experience training recruits right? Also I've read that the majority of the last at least 10 commandants did not have combat experience either. So why was it okay for them and not for her?

I don't know her, I don't know what kind of NCO she is, I don't know what happened at the schoolhouse. But I think people are going way too into this. If she was a shitty commandant, fine. But the Army dropped it's investigation and said it was unsubstantiated pretty quickly after she filed a complaint.

I would not call her a "pioneer" though. That's just me.

Then this: To her supporters, Sergeant Major King’s case underscores how difficult it remains for even the toughest of women to ascend into high-profile jobs in the Army, where combat experience remains the essential currency. Because women cannot serve in combat, they are automatically handicapped in establishing their leadership bona fides, her supporters say.

Women can't have combat MOSs - we're still serving in combat missions, etc. So that's pretty much bs.

It's just all a giant clusterfuck but it's hard to judge without knowing what happened.

MisterBen
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47383010/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/#.T60EecXStrM

She has a bit of a point - I mean during the time before 9/11 when there weren't these wars there had to be drill sergeants with no combat experience training recruits right? Also I've read that the majority of the last at least 10 commandants did not have combat experience either. So why was it okay for them and not for her?

I don't know her, I don't know what kind of NCO she is, I don't know what happened at the schoolhouse. But I think people are going way too into this. If she was a shitty commandant, fine. But the Army dropped it's investigation and said it was unsubstantiated pretty quickly after she filed a complaint.

Then this: To her supporters, Sergeant Major King’s case underscores how difficult it remains for even the toughest of women to ascend into high-profile jobs in the Army, where combat experience remains the essential currency. Because women cannot serve in combat, they are automatically handicapped in establishing their leadership bona fides, her supporters say.

Women can't have combat MOSs - we're still serving in combat missions, etc. So that's pretty much bs.

It's just all a giant clusterfuck but it's hard to judge without knowing what happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_King

King enlisted on August 19, 1980 out of high school. She went on to Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training and entered the Drill Sergeant School she now leads in 198?. She graduated as one of five women in a class of 30, then, also at Fort Jackson, South Carolina.[3]"broken link"

OK SHE MISSES GRENADA

King's first job in the Army was as a postal clerk in the 139th Postal Company located in Stuttgart, Germany. She volunteered for two years as a drill sergeant and was assigned to 5th Battalion, 3rd BCT Brigade, at Fort Dix, New Jersey. She earned the Drill Sergeant of the Cycle award during her tour, after which she served as the Battalion PAC supervisor.[4]"broken link"

In 1987 King served on the Army staff as Administrative Assistant to the Chief of Staff of the Army at the Pentagon in Washington, DC. In May 1988, she became the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Defense Security Assistant Agency, Secretary of Defense, also at the Pentagon. In 1991, King was assigned as aid to the Senior Enlisted Advisor of LTG Teddy G. Allen, Office of the Secretary of Defense, DSAA. She served there until August 1993.

OK SHE MISSES THE FIRST GULF WAR, HAITI AND PANAMA

King left D.C. with assignment to the largest Personnel Detachment in the 18th Personnel Service Battalion, on Fort Bragg, North Carolina, which provided personnel support to 50,000 non-divisional Soldiers. She was assigned there until December 1996. King then served as the First Sergeant for 19th Adjutant General (Postal) at Camp Casey, near the demilitarized zone in Korea, from January 1996 to January 1997.

SHE MAKES FIRST SERGEANT IN 1996 (GOOD STUFF) BEEN A SENIOR NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER FOR A LONG TIME ALREADY

In March 1997, King became the first female First Sergeant for Headquarters and Headquarters Company, XVIII Airborne Corps, the largest company on Fort Bragg. She was promoted by Willie Shelley over the objections of his commander. “Turns out she was about the best first sergeant they ever had,” Mr. Shelley reported to the New York Times.[5] King held that assignment until May 2001.

FROM BELOW ON MISSES EVERYTHING RELATED TO OIF/OEF/CUBA/KUWAIT/QATAR/AFRICOM BUT JUST BECOMES THAT CAREER DS SIMILAR TO A CAREER RECRUITER I GUESS

King was later posted to NATO headquarters, serving as the Battalion Command Sergeant Major of the United States Army NATO, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, (SHAPE) Battalion from November 16, 2005 through September 14, 2007. King was serving as a Battalion Command Sergeant Major, the top noncommissioned officer for the 369 Adjutant General Battalion at Fort Jackson at the time of her promotion to Comandant of the Drill Sergeant School.

King has the nickname of "Sergeant Major No Slack"; her black Corvette has “noslack” vanity plates. She idolizes Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. and believes women should be allowed into frontline combat units if they meet the same physical and endurance standards as men. She has, however, never been deployed in a combat zone herself.[6][7]

King was married once but divorced with no living children. She has an online Master’s degree in Business Management from Almeda College, an Associate's degree in General Studies from Northern Virginia Community College and is pursuing an online Doctorate of Divinity from Liberty University.[8] She was considering retiring to become a minister when she was surprised by the unexpected appointment to the drill sergeant school in the summer of 2009.[9]

On 9 December 2011, CSM King was suspended from her duties as the Drill Sergeant School Commandant pending investigation that has yet to be revealed.[10] (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57428288/army-drill-sergeant-boss-teresa-king-gets-job-back-after-taking-legal-action-lawyer-says/) May 4th 2012 CSM King was reinstated as commandant at the drill sergeant school at Fort Jackson in South Carolina.

I dont care if she has not deployed. Many seniors have not but now and days they should realize they might get called out or not given the proper respect from subordinates that have deployed. My whole BNCOC class did not to our SGL who never deployed. If is different when our nation is at war. You want those drills that have actually been in the combat zone teach people who will be going.

But what is the root of the problem? A woman of color that has been doing well for many years now calling the race card? Did she do anything immoral? Is her retirement affected or just her pride and reputation hence the silliness that has come about that has hit the main page of the Army Times?

106PADDOCK
05-11-2012, 02:05 PM

This is the longest article I've seen about CSM King so far.

She is saying that people got mad at her because she held the drill sergeant recruits to higher standards and focused on doctrine. The complaints say she focused too much on doctrine.

Her critics assert that Sergeant Major King, who spent the last decade mainly in training jobs on domestic bases, should at least have deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan with a noncombat support unit. But she argues that if she had, she would not have gained much experience useful to training drill sergeants.

“At the schoolhouse, you’re training in doctrine,” she said. “You don’t have to go to combat to teach a sergeant how to transform a civilian into a soldier.”

Someone somewhere really EFF'ed up on this one. I hope that more folks read and use Article 138 UCMJ , it tends to get the attention of the CoC when they are trying to screw over someone!!!!

desert beast
05-12-2012, 05:51 AM
The good thing about this forum is that we can vent, there is nothing we can do about the fact that she is back in the position but I guess it makes us feel better when we can let off steam. In the end, those who have done the deployment deeds will know what they have done.

DeathbyMouseClick
05-12-2012, 07:38 AM

Unless Army Drill Sergeants have just been that bad in the past, this sounds pretty weak. High standards have been expected of Basic instructors in every branch since the World Wars. Because that is a significant part of...ahem...military doctrine.

Also weak. While true that you spend time teaching doctrine to these future trainers, it is difficult to respect someone in charge of teaching others how to teach trainees to become combat minded soldiers, if said leader him/herself has never even sniffed a combat oriented deployment. As mentioned before, not even Kuwait or Qatar? And she's been stationed at Bragg? Being deployed is as much about enduring your fair share of the stress of the higher ops tempo over there as anything else. People in her position should know what it feels like to be deployed, to know what the future soldiers in her Army are going to have to deal with. To be able to say, "I've been there" garners a greater willingness to follow that person, in my humble opinion.

With the changing global ops tempo, so too should the training tempo evolve to meet the needs of the wartime. During wartime, the people in charge of training recruits should have wartime experience. It breaks the gap and allows the new generation to feel more connected with those training them. They can say, "He/she dealt with it. So can I." Of course there will be times where that isn't the case, but it is probably because the Instructor is young, is off to a hot start and deserves a chance to rub off on new recruits despite the lack of experience. Someone in as long has her has very little to hold up her argument. There have been countless engagements, conflicts, and wars that she has evidently made it a point to stay out of.

DeathbyMouseClick
05-12-2012, 07:38 AM

Unless Army Drill Sergeants have just been that bad in the past, this sounds pretty weak. High standards have been expected of Basic instructors in every branch since the World Wars. Because that is a significant part of...ahem...military doctrine.

Also weak. While true that you spend time teaching doctrine to these future trainers, it is difficult to respect someone in charge of teaching others how to teach trainees to become combat minded soldiers, if said leader him/herself has never even sniffed a combat oriented deployment. As mentioned before, not even Kuwait or Qatar? And she's been stationed at Bragg? Being deployed is as much about enduring your fair share of the stress of the higher ops tempo over there as anything else. People in her position should know what it feels like to be deployed, to know what the future soldiers in her Army are going to have to deal with. To be able to say, "I've been there" garners a greater willingness to follow that person, in my humble opinion.

With the changing global ops tempo, so too should the training tempo evolve to meet the needs of the wartime. During wartime, the people in charge of training recruits should have wartime experience. It breaks the gap and allows the new generation to feel more connected with those training them. They can say, "He/she dealt with it. So can I." Of course there will be times where that isn't the case, but it is probably because the Instructor is young, is off to a hot start and deserves a chance to rub off on new recruits despite the lack of experience. Someone in as long has her has very little to hold up her argument. There have been countless engagements, conflicts, and wars that she has evidently made it a point to stay out of.

desert beast
05-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Well, now she will be out again, this time not for investigation. Of course she is whining about it and will not retire until her name is restored.

BLAHHAHAH

CDLaine
05-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Desert,

Isn't it about time for Al Sharpton to make the scene ?????

Charles

Creaminess
05-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Desert,

Isn't it about time for Al Sharpton to make the scene ?????

Charles

No kidding...with Jesse Jackson in tow. I'm surprised neither has been involved yet.

CYBERFX1024
05-18-2012, 03:38 AM
They are to busy with the Trayvon Martin case. They won't get it in on this, not enough publicity. Also they forget about the guy who killed 2 elderly people.

desert beast
05-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Never thought about those two do-gooders, man, I wish they could come to my aid in something, I guess I dont make enough money to pay them. LOL

CDLaine
05-20-2012, 11:26 PM
..and in contrast, LTG B. seems to have found time to squeeze in some deployment time.

"Lt. Gen. Barbero, ....Barbero has had a variety of tactical assignments in mechanized,
light and air assault infantry units. The West Point graduate has served almost 46 months
in Iraq over three separate tours."

hmmm...

Charles

MisterBen
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
..and in contrast, LTG B. seems to have found time to squeeze in some deployment time.

"Lt. Gen. Barbero, ....Barbero has had a variety of tactical assignments in mechanized,
light and air assault infantry units. The West Point graduate has served almost 46 months

hmmm...

Charles

but.............

https://www.hrc.army.mil/STAFF/Commanding%20General

MisterBen
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM

hmmm...

Charles

but........................

Creaminess
05-21-2012, 06:21 PM
but........................

Yep, another one. You'd be surprised how many you'll see without patches when you're around headquarters places like the Pentagon and other things like that.

MisterBen
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
She is back!

‘Circus of mistakes’

Drill Sergeant School boss alleges she was forced out of her position; Army says she wasn’t mistreated

By Joe Gould

jgould@militarytimes.com

Sgt. Maj. Teresa King, the first female boss of the Army Drill Sergeant School, is aggressively fighting her removal, saying she was punished for following orders to enforce standards at the school. She has called for Congressional and Inspector General inquiries into her commanders; she is awaiting the disposition of an Arti*cle 138 objection that alleges she faced racial and sex discrimina*tion and maltreatment; and she has filed a defamation lawsuit against the editor of the website Militarycorruption.com.

King’s attorney, James E. Smith Jr., said allegations she was a toxic leader were “reverse-engi*neered” to justify her five-month suspension from the job. Smith said Army officials violated regula*tions when they disciplined King, a charge Army officials deny.

....You have to read the rest on the online edition or buy the Army Times ;)

KellyinAvon
10-15-2012, 12:05 AM
She is back!

‘Circus of mistakes’

Drill Sergeant School boss alleges she was forced out of her position; Army says she wasn’t mistreated

By Joe Gould

jgould@militarytimes.com

Sgt. Maj. Teresa King, the first female boss of the Army Drill Sergeant School, is aggressively fighting her removal, saying she was punished for following orders to enforce standards at the school. She has called for Congressional and Inspector General inquiries into her commanders; she is awaiting the disposition of an Arti*cle 138 objection that alleges she faced racial and sex discrimina*tion and maltreatment; and she has filed a defamation lawsuit against the editor of the website Militarycorruption.com.

King’s attorney, James E. Smith Jr., said allegations she was a toxic leader were “reverse-engi*neered” to justify her five-month suspension from the job. Smith said Army officials violated regula*tions when they disciplined King, a charge Army officials deny.

Reverse engineering requires having the completed (whatever, in this case a toxic leadership culture) to begin with, then you figure out how it was made. That means there was a toxic leadership culture and she was in charge. She should fire her lawyer, he sucks.
As far as the Militarycorruption.com editor, at least WillsPowers knows where the court house is located.

Creaminess
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
She is back!

‘Circus of mistakes’

By Joe Gould

jgould@militarytimes.com

Some people don't know when to shut up and go away. CSM Teresa King is one of those people.

Creaminess
06-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I see she's retiring and was just awarded the Legion of Merit. And I see she's trying to pad her retirement fund with a $10 million lawsuit against the Army. Maybe the Army should countersue her for failing to deploy during her career.

RobotChicken
06-05-2013, 04:36 AM
:madfawk: Good luck too her suing 'Military Corruption',cause SHE is their poster 'child' now!! :banana::drum:tickled_pink::reporter::watermelon:: liar:

Pullinteeth
07-19-2013, 06:08 PM
If I have learned anything from these forums it's that even after 33 years, some have a hard time letting go....if it takes a lawsuit to make her feel like she still matters to the Army...a lawsuit is what she will do.