PDA

View Full Version : I think everyone should PT Test once a month, a year is just too long

PT GOD
11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
My point is this....when I score my perfect 100... for the next few weeks I'm the cat's meow, leadership is walking up saying good job, telling me how they wish everyone in the squadron was just like me...then a few months go by, I screw up at something at work, forget to go to work...you know, normal stuff, suddenly I have to remind them that I scored a MFing 100 on my PT Test and I'm untouchable....so my point is...if we did them once a month, there would never be any confusion as to why I'm allowed to come in late, take 4 hours "lunches/workout", shit like that

riceycakes
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
As long as you keep doing them in your super tight AFPTU shorts with the lining cut out, I'm all for it! :D

ske4za
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Dude when they forget just flex on 'em

ART
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
The PT test is just a light workout, a 100 is nothing to brag on.

PIgrad1988
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
When is the AF going to create the Physical Fitness Test Exceptional Performer Medal? There's a medal for just about everything else. Of course they'd have to come up with a catchy acronym for it. PFTEPM doesn't just roll right off the tongue. How about the Physically Imposing, Strongly Superior, Optimally Fit Fighter medal?

20MM
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
As long as you keep doing them in your super tight AFPTU shorts with the lining cut out, I'm all for it! :D

See what happens when you repeal DADT? Previously you could have just thought that way now you can tell the world.

KellyinAvon
11-09-2011, 12:14 AM
My point is this....when I score my perfect 100... for the next few weeks I'm the cat's meow, leadership is walking up saying good job, telling me how they wish everyone in the squadron was just like me...then a few months go by, I screw up at something at work, forget to go to work...you know, normal stuff, suddenly I have to remind them that I scored a MFing 100 on my PT Test and I'm untouchable....so my point is...if we did them once a month, there would never be any confusion as to why I'm allowed to come in late, take 4 hours "lunches/workout", shit like that

Welcome back PTGOD. Where ya been? Oh yeah, the gym!

imported_oih82w8
11-09-2011, 12:23 AM
part time gawd, you might wanna lighten up...or we'll send Chuck Norris your way...again.

Forsaken Wombat
11-09-2011, 12:48 AM

I hit the gym after work every day. There's a guy there who works at the Strike Eagle. This man goes to PT 5 times a week (their PT is 7-8am M-W-F, report to work at 9am. On T/T, he leads the remedial classes from 5-7, reports to work at 8), works out for 2 hours during an extended lunch (11-1), then gets off at 4 and heads to the gym until 6.

When the F*CK does he get any work done?!?!?

20MM
11-09-2011, 02:05 AM
That's his point all that really matters in the end is how well you can individually perform PT these days, I can remember in my AF years 83-89 all you really had to do to succeed was to have your haircut to standards and have your boots shined. Nearly everyone was skinny and young back then too and I never even heard of anyone busting an annual PT test.

The secret to having a successful career isn't really that much different from the National Geographic Channel if your an impala and can hang with the crowd or even be out in front you will be just fine. When you start to slow down and fall behind there's a lot of carnivores ready sink their teeth into your 6 and end it all.

Banned
11-09-2011, 02:32 AM

^I love this guy. No homo.

BRUWIN
11-09-2011, 03:33 AM
I don't know why but everytime PT GOD gets on this forum I think of that one South Park WoW episode and picture the same big fat adult slob sittiing behind a computer riling all the kids up by killing their make believe characters.

ScarlettGTO
11-09-2011, 04:05 AM
When you start to slow down and fall behind there's a lot of carnivores ready sink their teeth into your 6 and end it all.

The dreaded "Forceshapasarous Rex"

^I love this guy. No homo.

It can be all homo, half homo, 1/4 homo, kinda sorta thought about homo. You don't even have to say "no homo" anymore if you don't want to. Just giving you options is all.

.....won't lie....I feel ya on it though.....shit that sounded uber homo.

I'm leaving.

F16TSgt
11-09-2011, 04:07 AM
What is PT GOD going to do now that the FAC's are going to be history. The chubby SrA in his shop will have the same score and 100's won't matter anymore. At least he can read his CDC's while he runs and does push ups.

ScarlettGTO
11-09-2011, 04:15 AM
What is PT GOD going to do now that the FAC's are going to be history. The chubby SrA in his shop will have the same score and 100's won't matter anymore. At least he can read his CDC's while he runs and does push ups.

A new AFSC will be created and PT GOD will be only qualifier.

He will tour throughout all the AF bases as a PT Test Moderator. He will administer the PT Test to thousands of airmen of all ranks. He will have his own private jet and in an attempt to go green it will be powered only when he runs on the treadmill and lifts weights. His success will be noted by a fit, mean, fighting force full of idiots who don't know their job, drool, grunt and point at things. We will all look good as shit in blues though, which we will wear M thru F

He will get a column in the AF Times that will give fitness pointers to us all. His first fitness pointer will be for us to find a great volunteer opportunity......then to sprint to it.

F16TSgt
11-09-2011, 04:32 AM

He will tour throughout all the AF bases as a PT Test Moderator. He will administer the PT Test to thousands of airmen of all ranks. He will have his own private jet and in an attempt to go green it will be powered only when he runs on the treadmill and lifts weights. His success will be noted by a fit, mean, fighting force full of idiots who don't know their job, drool, grunt and point at things. We will all look good as shit in blues though, which we will wear M thru F

He will get a column in the AF Times that will give fitness pointers to us all. His first fitness pointer will be for us to find a great volunteer opportunity......then to sprint to it.

You sure they wont just change the AF Times to the PT(GOD) Times? The entire paper would be all about his fitness routine and how we can only hope to be at his level while we're alive. The side bar in the front will have articles like "Somebody did some mission stuff".

ScarlettGTO
11-09-2011, 04:58 AM
You sure they wont just change the AF Times to the PT(GOD) Times? The entire paper would be all about his fitness routine and how we can only hope to be at his level while we're alive. The side bar in the front will have articles like "Somebody did some mission stuff".

It cannot say "Somebody did some mission stuff" because the mission stuff is PT.

It would have to say something along the lines of "planes went zoom, bombs went boom.....dude"

PIgrad1988
11-09-2011, 01:11 PM

Why only wear your blues 5 days a week? Just because you may not be on duty on the occasional weekend, there's nothing preventing you from wearing blues on your "off" time.

Slackers.

JordanDay
11-09-2011, 01:31 PM
When I was in (I know, I know, calm down) we did platoon PFTs every month. Not for score just so our leadership could see how everyone was doing. It didn't technically help you with promotion but if you always did well the leadership knew. They let you run PT and would give you more responsibility...so on so on.

Good idea. Hope the AF catches on.

Also you guys get a medal for being good at PT?!?!

MACHINE666
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
This dude's a riot. Seriously!

:D :D :D :D :D

ScarlettGTO
11-09-2011, 02:58 PM

We do, you just have to fill out an I.D.10.T form.

JordanDay
11-09-2011, 03:00 PM
We do, you just have to fill out an I.D.10.T form.

We had plenty of those forms......

iReddit
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't know why but everytime PT GOD gets on this forum I think of that one South Park WoW episode and picture the same big fat adult slob sittiing behind a computer riling all the kids up by killing their make believe characters.

I think PT God has another account and has been known to carry a polka dot umbrella. I don’t have evidence that BRUWIN started three threads over the last 24 hours or so, but that’s my inclination.

DocBones
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
So you max out the PFT score, and then when you screw up at work, you have to remind the guy that you're untouchable because of maxxing the PFT out?

Why does a top PFT score make you untouchable for messing up on the job???

Come on, AF People! Tell me that this isn't so!

Someone that may or may not be dripping with testosterone laced muscles isn't invulnerable at the work place, is he?

"Hurrrr...ah gots me duh purfeck PFT scoar, sew booger of!"

Pullinteeth
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
When I was in (I know, I know, calm down) we did platoon PFTs every month. Not for score just so our leadership could see how everyone was doing. It didn't technically help you with promotion but if you always did well the leadership knew. They let you run PT and would give you more responsibility...so on so on.

Good idea. Hope the AF catches on.

When I was in the USMC I used to tell THEM how to do business...no wait, I was never a Marine...

sandsjames
11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
So you max out the PFT score, and then when you screw up at work, you have to remind the guy that you're untouchable because of maxxing the PFT out?

Someone that may or may not be dripping with testosterone laced muscles isn't invulnerable at the work place, is he?

Please, understand that PT God speaks to the extreme that the AF is trying to go with PT. He is playing devil's advocate, and does so with a straight face. But to answer your question, if I dare to make this statement that is already in thousands of posts and many, many threads, PT has become the #1 priority for "leadership" in the AF. Someone who kicks ass at their job and struggles with PT isn't going to have it as easy as someone who slacks at work but aces PT. It's not right, but that's the way it is.

calfy
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM

Wow, you're a tool.

JD2780
11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
But he said cats meow.

Demaskee
11-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Everytime I see a post initiated by PT GOD I know exactly what it is going to entail, yet I always have to click on it to see who's been roped in.

DocBones
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
So, what you are saying is that PT god is just a troll? Thank you for the heads up! Now that I made 'Platoon Daddy,' I will try to warn newbies about this 'Tool of the Trolls!'

Or not. Since I have been 'roped in,' I guess that that was my dues to pay.

Anyway, thank you!

Enigmatic Airman
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
THis thread is a 10/10

PT GOD brought it again lmao!!!!!!!

JD2780
11-09-2011, 09:31 PM
So, what you are saying is that PT god is just a troll? Thank you for the heads up! Now that I made 'Platoon Daddy,' I will try to warn newbies about this 'Tool of the Trolls!'

Anyway, thank you!

Yes, please dont ruin it. Its fun to watch.

Banned
11-09-2011, 11:57 PM

You're that guy who doesn't get the joke until six days later, then you're all like "Haha hey guys I got it!"

KellyinAvon
11-10-2011, 12:06 AM

Anyway, thank you!
I think PTGOD is more of an alter-ego or maybe someone who makes a good point or 2 in between being completly over the top.

sandsjames
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I think PTGOD is more of an alter-ego or maybe someone who makes a good point or 2 in between being completly over the top.

Agree...I wouldn't class him as a "troll", as he isn't so much looking for an argument as he is exagerating the truth. Wouldn't be the same without him.

Banned
11-11-2011, 01:22 AM
I WOULD call him a troll - and a darn good one too.

ScarlettGTO
11-11-2011, 06:04 PM
We had plenty of those forms......

It's really a damn shame there are so many of them for so many different things.

jshiver15
11-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Why only wear your blues 5 days a week? Just because you may not be on duty on the occasional weekend, there's nothing preventing you from wearing blues on your "off" time.

Slackers.

I actually have blues pajamas, somewhat similar to Barney Stinson's suit pajamas. Everything from the ribbons to the name tag are pure silk. So money.

http://have-you-met-ted.com/wp-content/uploads/front-porch-4.jpg

imnohero
09-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Thank you for your opinion PTGod.

efmbman
09-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Seriously, AF is tested once a year?

RFScott
09-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Seriously, AF is tested once a year?

Twice a year, unless you score 90 or greater on your test.

imported_StandardsAMust
09-04-2013, 07:52 AM
The AFI hasn't been updated in 3 years!!! And the CSAF says he wants new changes to take effect starting 1 Oct 13...what NEW changes? October is just a few weeks away and we don't know what to prepare for? People demand to know how they must train for this new simplified WALK test. People demand to know about this BMI thing! What is taking so long???

LOL

Capt Alfredo
09-05-2013, 12:42 AM
The AFI hasn't been updated in 3 years!!! And the CSAF says he wants new changes to take effect starting 1 Oct 13...what NEW changes? October is just a few weeks away and we don't know what to prepare for? People demand to know how they must train for this new simplified WALK test. People demand to know about this BMI thing! What is taking so long???

LOL

I know you're just trolling, but it is a good point that we're inside a month and still don't know what the new standards will be. That's a foul.

Bunch
09-05-2013, 12:47 AM
I know you're just trolling, but it is a good point that we're inside a month and still don't know what the new standards will be. That's a foul.

They probably just going to delay the already delayed AFI.