PDA

View Full Version : Air Force Couple Arrested

MACHINE666
09-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Couple from '16 and Pregnant' arrested in Arkansas

JACKSONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A couple featured on the first season of the MTV reality show "16 and Pregnant" have lost their child to the state and face criminal charges after officers serving a search warrant found their home was filled with feces, flies and maggots, police said Thursday.

Joshua Rendon and Ebony Jackson-Rendon, now both 19, were charged Tuesday after the search of their home at the Little Rock Air Force Base. The Arkansas Department of Human Services took custody of their 2-year-old child, who was born while the TV show was taping. Rendon is a member of the Air Force.

They face felony charges of maintaining a drug premises and unauthorized use of another's property to facilitate a crime. They're also charged with misdemeanor child endangerment, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance.

Officers obtained the search warrant after being called in by base officials.

Jacksonville police Capt. Kenny Boyd said officers found one gram of synthetic marijuana, empty packaging and pipes allegedly used to smoke the controlled substance.

Boyd also said the home was in "deplorable" condition. Human and animal feces were on the floors and walls in each room, and animal control officers took away three dogs that were kept inside, Boyd said. The house was full of flies, with collections of maggots in a number of areas, he said.

Rendon said over the phone Thursday that "it's not in our best interest" to talk about the case.

MTV confirmed they were the same teenagers who appeared on "16 and Pregnant."

Rendon's desire to join the Air Force was an element in the show. He and Jackson-Rendon lived in Colorado Springs, Colo., which is home to the Air Force Academy. An MTV bio calls Jackson-Rendon a "military brat," who lived with her mother but spent most of her time with Rendon, who was her fiance at the time.

They both had planned to enlist in the Air Force, but a recruiter told them only one of them could because Jackson-Rendon was pregnant.

A court appearance for them is scheduled for Oct. 6, when they may enter a plea. Both are free on $8,000 bond, Boyd said. Neither had an attorney listed.

http://news.yahoo.com/couple-16-pregnant-arrested-arkansas-221647178.html

So anyone here from Little Rock AFB know this guy?

Shrike
09-23-2011, 12:03 PM
I saw this on the news this morning but missed the part where he was an airman.

Obviously this airman lacked resiliency and failed to fill his void with space.

RingLeader
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
How did this piece of crap even get in? He should have been in the Army!

technomage1
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
You'd be suprised how many on base houses are in a similar condition (drug use aside). It always drove me nuts as a single airman that I got inspected every month living in the dorms and a married airman living in housing did not. The stated reason was always, "Well, married people are more responsible". As incidents like this show, that's not always the case.

MACHINE666
09-23-2011, 12:29 PM
So is their next TV show appearance going to be on Springer?

:D :D :D :D :D

Shrike
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
So is their next TV show appearance going to be on Springer?

:D :D :D :D :D
Springer may be a little too classy for these two.

jshiver15
09-23-2011, 12:54 PM
I will have to admit, I've watched the show before (I promise, my wife made me. We only own one TV and if she chooses the show, I suck it up and watch). I remember thinking that this guy would eventually get kicked out because he didn't appear to be very bright. Even in front of the cameras their house didn't look very well kept. Not to mention the girl's personality screamed "gang-bang me".

MACHINE666
09-23-2011, 01:19 PM
It turns out Springer shows are alive and well overseas....last week I was staying in Billeting, when I decided to watch some TV for a change....The British version of CBS has Springer episodes on it....I was surprised! While it's amusing to watch, what's sad is that this how the rest of the world truly views us....

ttribe
09-23-2011, 01:38 PM
He is/was a CE troop at the Rock. Human feces?? Lazy f-ing pigs. He will be real easy to deal with though. Show him and her the gate. Have a nice life on welfare and food stamps.

MACHINE666
09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
That's what I'm also trying to figure out too - most houses have a toilet to go poop in...so why would there be human dookie on the floor? Leaky diaper perhaps?

Measure Man
09-23-2011, 02:11 PM
That's what I'm also trying to figure out too - most houses have a toilet to go poop in...so why would there be human dookie on the floor? Leaky diaper perhaps?

Yeah, probably from the kid.

I've had the unfortunate displeasure of going into a couple houses similar to this...sooooooo nasty.

ttribe
09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I know this is harsh and alot will not agree with my old guy stance. Young airmen E-1 throught 3 should not have on-base housing, and should be required to live in the dorms. This is the time period where both the AF is trying to teach them their jobs, and the young troops are coming of age. Too much time and energy is used up by units dealing with the issues that young, broke troops have. For this kid to graduate BMT and tech school and then show up to his first duty station and try to learn his job and cope with maturing himself, a new marriage, baby, and all of the financial and material responsibilites that he has is too much. Frankly, he was lucky to get in with two dependants. My nephew started his life in the Marines this year. He left for Boot, leaving behind a fiance and stepdaughter. I had a talk with her to make sure that she knew what she was getting into. As a young marine, his first responsibility is to his duty, period. I would like to think that an airmans first reponsibilties fall first also.

AF Chief
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
You wouldn't believe some of the houses I have seen in person and on film. My photographers have shot some footage that almost made me sick.

What gets me is there will be dog and cat chit all around the house and they have babies and small children crawling around in that stuff. Dirty diapers just thrown around the house. bathrooms deplorable. These people are just freaking pigs.

ttribe
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM
One of my teenager jobs was as a laborer for my neighboorhood maintenance crew. One morning the old man I worked for dropped me at a house where the tenants had been evicted. He gave me a garden hose and coal shovel. As I entered the home, I found I couldn't take a step without stepping in dog poo. Fleas were everywhere. Have you ever stepped into a field and seen grasshoppers popping up everywhere around you? That was what the fleas were like. It took me almost all day to get the floors cleaned off, then we went in with one of those old foggers that you light off and pump the chemicals into the burner to fully fog the place. My wife is always wondering why I get so bent when one of our animals goes in the hose now.

Slyoldawg
09-23-2011, 03:29 PM
I am curious about present qualifications for base housing. During my enlistments only NCOs could live in base housing. Is the AF now allowing any rank to live in base housing?

technomage1
09-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I am curious about present qualifications for base housing. During my enlistments only NCOs could live in base housing. Is the AF now allowing any rank to live in base housing?

Now it depends on the base and the housing. If the housing is nice, the SNCOs get it. If it's not, they make the lower ranks live in it. So yes, any rank can live in housing but it depends on the base if they acutally do.

BRUWIN
09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Now it depends on the base and the housing. If the housing is nice, the SNCOs get it. If it's not, they make the lower ranks live in it.

That is BS. I lived in base housing for 5 years total...where I was at the Airmen had the new housing while I lived in the slum. Housing's answer to this when I asked? With me being a MSgt at the time they stated "You are already locked in for a 20 year commitment where as we are trying to keep the Airmen in by offering them new base housing."

My reply to this? "OK...I'll invite my Airmen over to my place and they can see what they have to look forward to in about 15 years."

I walked out before they could answer back.

MisterBen
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Shocking that this comes from the service with the highest asvab scores and considers its members the smartest of all of the branches.

MisterBen
09-23-2011, 05:00 PM

My experiences as an Army MP had a soldier do the same thing. Sad

Airborne
09-23-2011, 05:45 PM
It turns out Springer shows are alive and well overseas....last week I was staying in Billeting, when I decided to watch some TV for a change....The British version of CBS has Springer episodes on it....I was surprised! While it's amusing to watch, what's sad is that this how the rest of the world truly views us....

And so is Maury, Friends, The Simpsons, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, Scrubs, Wife Swap, The NFL (live), American Idol, Family Guy, South Park, The Biggest Loser, and 16 and Pregnant.

MACHINE666
09-23-2011, 05:52 PM
And so is Maury, Friends, The Simpsons, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, Scrubs, Wife Swap, The NFL (live), American Idol, Family Guy, South Park, The Biggest Loser, and 16 and Pregnant.

We're a nation addicted to trash television, aren't we?

justachillin
09-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Similar situation when i lived in base housing at Beale. We had a neighbor that we didn't know as were new to the base. Said hi to him every once in awhile. Everything seemed good. I assume he was a single father as we never saw the mom around. He was always out washing his car in front of his house with his son. The had a dalmation that was always chained to the back porch. Nice dog, but the dog crap was just getting out of control on his porch! Couldn't see the porch anymore. Yes that bad! I called housing and turned him in. Nothing ever came of it til I was deployed and my wife called me. She said the dog got loose and was at our back porch. She went out there to get the go and noticed the dogs neck was bleeding. The collar had infused into his neck because had never been adjusted as the dog got older. She called the cops and the dog handler came and vomited when he saw it. He was out of base housing in 2 days. Don't know what happend exactly, but he was gone.

A few days after he was gone the contracted cleaning lady came over to our house to ask my wife how to turn on the ac in the house. She went to show her and my wife was blown away how dirty the house this guy lived in was. The cleaning lady was like "yeah i already cleaned it 3 times alread" She said doors had holes in them as did the walls. It was a disaster. All i could think of was how bad this kid had it. Pretty bad situation.

Airborne
09-23-2011, 06:42 PM
A few years ago there was a power point that chain mailed its way around the force from Mountain Home I think with pictures of a horrible base house.

Airborne
09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
We're a nation addicted to trash television, aren't we?

I would say the whole western culture is. Ive seen most of those shows (or their foreign equivalent) in most European countries.

Enigmatic Airman
09-23-2011, 07:02 PM
My wife watched that dumbass Teen Mom show so she'll know who these clowns are. I just emailed a link to the story to her.

CommunityEditor
09-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Check out our FlightLines blog post on the couple. (http://militarytimes.com/blogs/flightlines/2011/09/23/a-look-inside-ebony-and-joshuas-life-before-the-air-force/)

MACHINE666
09-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks for providing the link, Community Editor....

After watching this, I felt my IQ drop 20 points.....if this is the future of America, please, everyone become gay so we won't have any more idiots reproducing.....

technomage1
09-23-2011, 07:39 PM
That is BS. I lived in base housing for 5 years total...where I was at the Airmen had the new housing while I lived in the slum. Housing's answer to this when I asked? With me being a MSgt at the time they stated "You are already locked in for a 20 year commitment where as we are trying to keep the Airmen in by offering them new base housing."

My reply to this? "OK...I'll invite my Airmen over to my place and they can see what they have to look forward to in about 15 years."

I walked out before they could answer back.

I'm a SNCO too, remember? And I've always seen it the other way. I'm not saying your story isn't true, but the majority of the time it's the other way around. Ramstein, Misawa, Andersen, and Langley are all bases I've been at where that has happened.

VFFSSGT
09-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I always wonder what drives people to live in these type conditions...even if it was learned by your parents, you had to been to other people's places and realize it is not normal.

Measure Man
09-23-2011, 07:54 PM
I always wonder what drives people to live in these type conditions...even if it was learned by your parents, you had to been to other people's places and realize it is not normal.

Yeah, I've always figured there has to be some kind of mental health condition going on there...I'd be referring them over the Life Skills, or whatever they are calling it now.

WestCoastAR_Crewdog
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I've always figured there has to be some kind of mental health condition going on there...I'd be referring them over the Life Skills, or whatever they are calling it now.

Oh dont try to classify it as some kind of mental disease. Then it will be something else people can get on profile for.

ChiefB
09-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Check out our FlightLines blog post on the couple. (http://militarytimes.com/blogs/flightlines/2011/09/23/a-look-inside-ebony-and-joshuas-life-before-the-air-force/)

Along with the story behind their arrest.... my conclusion is:
2 generations of reality TV Neanderthals... a study in reverse evolution.

VFFSSGT
09-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Oh dont try to classify it as some kind of mental disease. Then it will be something else people can get on profile for.

Not a mental disease but something is going on in their minds to live in conditions like that.

BENDER56
09-24-2011, 03:23 AM
You'd be suprised how many on base houses are in a similar condition (drug use aside). It always drove me nuts as a single airman that I got inspected every month living in the dorms and a married airman living in housing did not. The stated reason was always, "Well, married people are more responsible". As incidents like this show, that's not always the case.

See, this is what you get for believing things people tell you. Most people don't know crap and are just repeating something someone else told them (as if that person knew anything.)

The reason housing residents aren't routinely inspected is because there are civilians living there who didn't sign up for our privacy invasions and rightly wouldn't put up with them. But because everyone on any military installation implicitly consents to a search simply by being there, we can (and I have) inspect and search Airmen's homes in base housing if the commander feels there is a compelling need to do so.

JD2780
09-24-2011, 03:33 AM
My house got inspected once in early 2006 because there was quite a few jr enlisted homes that were looking quite rough.

The wife and I had no problem because even as a couple of SrA we kept our house livable at all times. I mean there were clothes folded on the couch now and then, some dishes in the sink, but we both work full time and have TDYs like everybody else.

Inspections are no big deal.

MACHINE666
09-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Along with the story behind their arrest.... my conclusion is:
2 generations of reality TV Neanderthals... a study in reverse evolution.

The parents seemed to be somewhat cognitive....and they were military as well.....I can only imagine how they are reacting to all of this now that their kids are making waves in the media once again.....

KellyinAvon
09-24-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm a SNCO too, remember? And I've always seen it the other way. I'm not saying your story isn't true, but the majority of the time it's the other way around. Ramstein, Misawa, Andersen, and Langley are all bases I've been at where that has happened.

I was about to throw the BS flag on SNCOs getting better housing, I'll give you Langley. Bethel Manor housing wasn't anything to write home about. Ours wasn't bad for Langley (end unit, 1 story in a 6-plex type unit, no driveway). If there are houses built after 1990? Different story. Saw McConnell in the mid-90's and Eglin 2002-03 put Jr enlisted folks in the new houses.

KellyinAvon
09-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I know this is harsh and alot will not agree with my old guy stance. Young airmen E-1 throught 3 should not have on-base housing, and should be required to live in the dorms. This is the time period where both the AF is trying to teach them their jobs, and the young troops are coming of age. Too much time and energy is used up by units dealing with the issues that young, broke troops have. For this kid to graduate BMT and tech school and then show up to his first duty station and try to learn his job and cope with maturing himself, a new marriage, baby, and all of the financial and material responsibilites that he has is too much. Frankly, he was lucky to get in with two dependants. My nephew started his life in the Marines this year. He left for Boot, leaving behind a fiance and stepdaughter. I had a talk with her to make sure that she knew what she was getting into. As a young marine, his first responsibility is to his duty, period. I would like to think that an airmans first reponsibilties fall first also.
1973 called, they asked "Where ya been?":heh

Airborne
09-24-2011, 01:12 PM
See, this is what you get for believing things people tell you. Most people don't know crap and are just repeating something someone else told them (as if that person knew anything.)

The reason housing residents aren't routinely inspected is because there are civilians living there who didn't sign up for our privacy invasions and rightly wouldn't put up with them. But because everyone on any military installation implicitly consents to a search simply by being there, we can (and I have) inspect and search Airmen's homes in base housing if the commander feels there is a compelling need to do so.

Not just based on this, but I have always thought that base housing should be inspected and not just the wanna be HOA grass length brigade that is usually is. Just someone that goes around in tow with the first sergeants and does a once through in a property to make sure things are up to snuff just like in the dorms. And it could be tiered to where junior enlisted get inspected the most and FGOs get inspected the least with everyone else falling somewhere in between.

JD2780
09-24-2011, 02:28 PM
THis is crazy talk from TTribe. So E-1 through E-3 needs to live in the dorms? Seriously? So an Airmen coming married already completed college but came in enlisted based off what his Grandfather/Father whoever told him needs to say sorry babe we cant live together because although I lived on my own for 4 years of college the AF feels I cant take care of myself.

My family comes before the mission every time because guess what the AF will do with me when its done with me. Just forget about me and not give to hoots about what happens. My family gets dragged around from state to state every 3 years. In 10 yrs I've lived in HI, WA and NV. Tell me that doesnt take its toll on a family. So yea my family comes before the AF. I'll put the AF ahead of me, but never before my family.

jshiver15
09-24-2011, 05:01 PM

I disagree completely. I arrived at my first duty station married and I never had any trouble keeping my home clean and being shit hot at my job. My Dad enlisted with a wife and a child on the way and he never had issues with keeping his home kept and being shit hot at his job.

In my experience, I've seen more junior NCO homes that needed help than E1-E3's. In fact, most E1-E3's homes are damn near empty because they're likely young couples who don't have much.

I really just think this is a case of a "bad apple" slipping through the cracks and a recruiter pushing him into the Air Force. Nothing to do with age, more to do character.

Pullinteeth
09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
He disappeared from the global....looks like he went Blue to Green....good riddance

TJMAC77SP
09-26-2012, 02:02 PM
He disappeared from the global....looks like he went Blue to Green....good riddance

Maybe he got a GOP?

((no, he's not Republican))

AF Comm Guy
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
There was a rather infamous case like this at Dyess several years back. I don't know what finally brought an inspector to check the place out but what they found was horrible. The toilet had broken sometime earlier but they continued using it and just let it pile up higher and higher with poo. All appliances were broken, walls were kicked in and broken, electrical rewired for some reason, floors destroyed, etc. Needless to say, they got an instant eviction. After the place had been cleared out, housing had to condemn and raze it because the cost of rebuilding the interior was just too high. The damage these guys caused was amazing because even the interior walls, not just the sheetrock but the studs too) were totally rotten from the filth and feces. Any old-timers here that might remember that one and fill in some details?

It's really sad what people can get used to. I have in-laws whose house stinks of cat piss everywhere. If the city housing authority were to inspect the place it would be condemned in seconds. They confine themselves to one room and seem okay with it. No, I don't associate with them at all.

FuelShopTech
09-26-2012, 06:35 PM
So anyone here from Little Rock AFB know this guy?

No, but he sounds like a typical "Arkanoid."

TVANSCOT
09-26-2012, 07:33 PM
But it is importnant that the magnetic strip around your fridge does not have dust in it you single loser! :hurt

seatmech2412
09-27-2012, 03:19 AM
THis is crazy talk from TTribe. So E-1 through E-3 needs to live in the dorms? Seriously? So an Airmen coming married already completed college but came in enlisted based off what his Grandfather/Father whoever told him needs to say sorry babe we cant live together because although I lived on my own for 4 years of college the AF feels I cant take care of myself.

My family comes before the mission every time because guess what the AF will do with me when its done with me. Just forget about me and not give to hoots about what happens. My family gets dragged around from state to state every 3 years. In 10 yrs I've lived in HI, WA and NV. Tell me that doesnt take its toll on a family. So yea my family comes before the AF. I'll put the AF ahead of me, but never before my family.

"Service Before Self" does NOT mean "Service Before Family." Any TSgt that has been a TSgt for around 2-3 years probably knows exactly where this statement came from.

RobotChicken
09-27-2012, 11:19 AM
I have been a invited guest at many of high ranking officers homes I would NEVER return to that looked and smelled WORSE........never mind, you'll get the idea! 'Nuff said and smelled,but I felt sorry for the pets, not them.

BRUWIN
09-27-2012, 11:59 AM
The toilet had broken sometime earlier but they continued using it and just let it pile up higher and higher with poo. .

"Poo??" Seriously??? "Poo?" Am I in a OWC forum?

Pullinteeth
08-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Maybe he got a GOP?

((no, he's not Republican))

Have no idea what that means...

Apparently he is now a car salesman in NM and they have another kid...she says it was all a "misunderstanding."

http://www.examiner.com/article/16-and-pregnant-star-ebony-jackson-rendon-shares-all-new-book

20+Years
08-14-2013, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=AF Comm Guy;579061] electrical rewired for some reason, QUOTE]

Grow lights. Don't ask how I know.

TJMAC77SP
08-14-2013, 07:50 PM

Apparently he is now a car salesman in NM and they have another kid...she says it was all a "misunderstanding."

http://www.examiner.com/article/16-and-pregnant-star-ebony-jackson-rendon-shares-all-new-book

Gate Of Preference

20+Years
08-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it was a misunderstanding. They both misunderstood the military is a serious profession.

TJMAC77SP
08-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Interesting. Another 'tell the true story' book.

Apparently she thought 'taking one for the team' and allowing the drug possesion charges to be filed against her (them) and losing her daughter because of that was the thing to do rather than the tell the 'truth' that they belonged to a friend who didn't want her husband to find out she was using again. This same friend called DSS and got the whole ball rolling.

To quote Stalag 17...."Why does she keep saying I won't believe it? I believe it! I believe it."

20+Years
08-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Apparently she thought 'taking one for the team' and allowing the drug possesion charges to be filed against her (them) and losing her daughter because of that was the thing to do rather than the tell the 'truth' that they belonged to a friend who didn't want her husband to find out she was using again. This same friend called DSS and got the whole ball rolling.

To quote Stalag 17...."Why does she keep saying I won't believe it? I believe it! I believe it."

That article is such B.S. She did not accept responsibility for not one thing. It was all a misunderstanding. Even her rehab wasn't for her...

Pullinteeth
08-14-2013, 08:15 PM

I wonder if this "friend" is the chick she is dating... My god, where the hell do these people come from? If she wasn't (in)famous, she would just be run-of-the-mill tailor trash that no one gives a damn about....instead she is on TV and gets a book deal....