PDA

View Full Version : Scheming Atheists Ban Books from Springfield School

Banned
08-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Just kidding.

Wesley Scroggins, a Republic resident, challenged the use of the books and lesson plans in Republic schools, arguing they teach principles contrary to the Bible.

The books in question are "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson, "Slaughterhouse Five", by Kurt Vonnegut and "Twenty Boy Summer" by Sarah Ockler.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110726/NEWS04/107260366/Two-books-pulled-from-Republic-school-library-shelves?odyssey=tab

And the march to turn the USA into Saudi Arabia continues.:clap2

Measure Man
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Just kidding.

The books in question are "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson, "Slaughterhouse Five", by Kurt Vonnegut and "Twenty Boy Summer" by Sarah Ockler.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110726/NEWS04/107260366/Two-books-pulled-from-Republic-school-library-shelves?odyssey=tab

Well, I know two books that will be read more now than ever!

Banned
08-06-2011, 02:00 AM
It's funny how that works, isn't it?

I expect the Fundies screaming about Rowling's "witchcraft" books did more than anything to boost Harry Potter sales in America.

FixItWithAMod
08-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Liberals banned the Bible from schools because they can't stand being held responsible for their actions by the ultimate authority.

FixItWithAMod
08-10-2011, 08:56 PM

I'll politely object; the US (despite the constant meddling by Christian political groups) is still enjoyably secular.

London is dealing with an especially pathetic handful of barbaric worms practically holding whole areas hostage to their religious law.

Also, I feel the need to point out that LOOK, I'm criticizing/ridiculing/attacking fundamentalist Islam as well, despite what certain popular Christian Conservative news personalities want to believe.

DarkHeart
08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Liberals banned the Bible from schools because they can't stand being held responsible for their actions by the ultimate authority.

I was so excited to have a good old fashion screaming match about this, then saw it was you who posted it. Thank you for dashing my hopes to the ground like so many baby seal heads.

AJBIGJ
08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I haven't read those books. Anyone know if they're any good?

DarkHeart
08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Slaughterhouse Five is the only one I've read. It's an amazing book, one of Kurt Vonnegut's finest.

Pullinteeth
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm illegitimate!! I can't READ!

Shrike
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Slaughterhouse Five is the only one I've read. It's an amazing book, one of Kurt Vonnegut's finest.
I'll second that.

Banned
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I'll politely object; the US (despite the constant meddling by Christian political groups) is still enjoyably secular.

London is dealing with an especially pathetic handful of barbaric worms practically holding whole areas hostage to their religious law.

Also, I feel the need to point out that LOOK, I'm criticizing/ridiculing/attacking fundamentalist Islam as well, despite what certain popular Christian Conservative news personalities want to believe.

Yes, but numbers are not on our side. In America it seems like theres 20 screaming fundies for every sensible atheist. There are 20 Glenn Becks for every 1 Richard Dawkins.

As far as the UK is concerned - yes, they do allow Muslims to practice Shariah Law in domestic cases. But they let every tribal religion practice their foolish primitive customs, not just the Muslims. And as far as criminal investigations, the secular government is still running the show, and the witch doctors are not allowed to interfere with the police, or the REAL courts.

RobotChicken
07-31-2013, 02:12 PM
"Coming to an 'AF base near you thanks to a certain..'Col Brian Duffy' made sure of that!"