PDA

View Full Version : USAF Academy Tours

BRUWIN
03-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Please someone tell me....how does this happen? Who approves these things? I'm glad Uday is long dead...he'd probably get a tour too.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/03/ap-gadhafi-son-toured-af-academy-033010/

BULLITT
03-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Public Affairs & Protocol.

Bad, bad, bad PR gaff. This clown should have never had access to a military installation, let alone landing on US soil. He, along with his family, has an atrocious past.

Rumor has it that he was killed earlier this month...still not confirmed though.

Shrike
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Please someone tell me....how does this happen? Who approves these things? I'm glad Uday is long dead...he'd probably get a tour too.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/03/ap-gadhafi-son-toured-af-academy-033010/

This guy gets a tour of the Academy, while TSA agents practically fingerbang my grandma while going through airport security? What in the ever-loving unholy a$$f#^k is wrong with our country?

AF Comm Guy
03-31-2011, 05:13 PM
This guy gets a tour of the Academy, while TSA agents practically fingerbang my grandma while going through airport security? What in the ever-loving unholy a$$f#^k is wrong with our country?

If your grandma hot?

El Jefe
03-31-2011, 05:18 PM

Rules....Pic or STFU

TJMAC77SP
03-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Well in the interest of fairness, the tour took place prior to the uprising and Gadhafi’s response to it. Don't confuse Gadhafi’s sons with Hussein's. Prior to the uprising they could certainly be described as over-indulged playboy ‘bad’ boys but with the exception of Hannibal I don’t think any one of them has been accused of any serious crime. In response to Gadhafi’s renouncing his WMD programs and generally offering an olive branch to the west relations have pretty much normalized. One could argue (and I certainly do) that this should have never taken place as Gadhafi only made the minimal efforts after 9/11 because frankly he knew he was on Bush’s short list for visitation by US military forces. Libya’s actions with regard to the release of Abdelbaset al-Megrahi (Lockerbie bomber) proved that nothing has changed in the twisted mind of Gadhafi but our government chose to continue relations with the country.

The truth of the that matter is that until the uprising and what we now know of the incredible atrocities committed by some of Gadhafi’s sons, a VIP tour of the USAFA was not completely out of line. In hindsight it sucked but unfortunately hindsight really doesn’t count.

Shrike
04-01-2011, 03:53 AM
If your grandma hot?

Yes...in 1943.

VFFSSGT
04-01-2011, 04:13 AM

In no particular order: politics, power, & money. :cry

Measure Man
04-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Yes...in 1943.

Can you PM me her number?

Shrike
04-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Can you PM me her number?

I think it's Ridgefield 5-1-9. She's THAT old.

BRUWIN
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Well in the interest of fairness, the tour took place prior to the uprising and Gadhafi’s response to it. Don't confuse Gadhafi’s sons with Hussein's. Prior to the uprising they could certainly be described as over-indulged playboy ‘bad’ boys but with the exception of Hannibal I don’t think any one of them has been accused of any serious crime. In response to Gadhafi’s renouncing his WMD programs and generally offering an olive branch to the west relations have pretty much normalized. One could argue (and I certainly do) that this should have never taken place as Gadhafi only made the minimal efforts after 9/11 because frankly he knew he was on Bush’s short list for visitation by US military forces. Libya’s actions with regard to the release of Abdelbaset al-Megrahi (Lockerbie bomber) proved that nothing has changed in the twisted mind of Gadhafi but our government chose to continue relations with the country.

The truth of the that matter is that until the uprising and what we now know of the incredible atrocities committed by some of Gadhafi’s sons, a VIP tour of the USAFA was not completely out of line. In hindsight it sucked but unfortunately hindsight really doesn’t count.

I agree...but then I would have thought back to the Lockerbie bombing and if anybody even remotely associated with Qadhafi was requesting a visit to my military installation I would have easily said no...despite everything that had occurred to make up for the past.

TJMAC77SP
04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Speaking personally, absolutely. I have never believed that Qadhafi changed his basic beliefs one bit. His self-survival instinct kicked in when we went into Afghanistan and then Iraq so he made nice. He is a twisted little fucktard and it is amazing he has lasted as long as he has. Unfortunately the US decided to officially welcome him (with some reservations) into the civilized world and we have to live with all that entails.

Well, we did have to live with it because now his true colors are showing again so maybe now he can be dealt with terminally at last.

wxjumper
09-09-2013, 03:02 PM

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/03/ap-gadhafi-son-toured-af-academy-033010/And now Khamis Gadhafi is dead too.

Drackore
09-09-2013, 05:26 PM
I know this was an old post, but in all fairness...all he saw on his tour was:

"And if you look to your left, you will see three female cadets being raped by their instructors. Now on to where we haze our male cadets by pouring acid on their genitals as they study the history of Air Power and how to be shitty officers."

BRUWIN
09-10-2013, 03:06 AM
It is my understanding that leadership is considering presenting Bashar Al Assad with an honorary USAFA Ophthalmologist degree.

GoatDriver57
09-12-2013, 08:37 PM
My suggestion to stop the USAFa festering, is remove the dragon's head, close it's doors, let Tx A&M fill the bill when ppl are needed. The grads from USMA and major campuses ROTC across the country has always met the call with very high qual ppl. Colorado property brings great prices when sold.

BOSS302
09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
My suggestion to stop the USAFa festering, is remove the dragon's head, close it's doors, have aTm fill the bill when needed. The grads from USMA and major campuses ROTC across the country has always met the call with very high qual ppl. Colorado property brings great prices when sold.

Are you confusing the USAFA with Hogwarts? It's an easy mistake.

GoatDriver57
09-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Doesn't matter, paint-it any color, shut the dang doors. USAFA ops cost needed on important stuff, fuel for vacation-guy's blue plane, 35s, 130s, drone pilots, steaks for Korean US air bases.

wxjumper
09-13-2013, 04:35 PM
I had an Ugandan Officer in one of my Schools, I wonder if he is dictator or working with Kony 2012 by now.

Desk Pilot
09-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Public Affairs & Protocol.

Bad, bad, bad PR gaff. This clown should have never had access to a military installation, let alone landing on US soil. He, along with his family, has an atrocious past.

Actually arranged by our wonderful folks in the State Dept in most cases, and in some cases, through the folks who run Foreign Military Sales seeking to make a commission (sic).

wxjumper
09-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Actually arranged by our wonderful folks in the State Dept in most cases, and in some cases, through the folks who run Foreign Military Sales seeking to make a commission (sic).Good point, this visit was most likely forced upon the Air Force Academy.