PDA

View Full Version : Funny but true names

takthekak
03-02-2011, 11:40 PM
So while at Holloman, a guy in our squadron was named SSgt Tampon...
he didn't even try to say it was pronounced another way or French...

anyone else see some crazy names out there?

Comm_Guy
03-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I had a Airman Fuchs in my squadron before. Think he might be a SSgt now but not sure.

Measure Man
03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Knew a Chief Dick. He was not amused when he answered the phone and you said "Oh, I was looking for an assistant Dick"

PatrickP
03-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Knew a Chief Dick. He was not amused when he answered the phone and you said "Oh, I was looking for an assistant Dick"

Finally, someone admits to being their leader!

Years ago in a joint environment we had a Seaman Spitz and a Seaman Swallow. We all cracked up every time Navy had quarters and the LCPO called the roll. They were in alphabetical order so Senior Chief always barked SEAMAN SPITZ! SEAMAN SWALLOW!

SailorDave
03-03-2011, 12:59 AM
http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/captain-obvious-14.jpg

BRUWIN
03-03-2011, 01:03 AM
he didn't even try to say it was pronounced another way or French...

anyone else see some crazy names out there?

I knew a guy by that name too...he was a PMEL guy from Thailand from what i remember.

I also knew a Chris Mis.

takthekak
03-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I have worked with and seen some people with last names so damn big, I am talking
more letters than the alphabet, they had to drop the font size way down for them...
These people, no one even attempts to annunciate...They just start to to pronounce
the first one or two letters and pause to be corrected...

Also if you have to call someone with a jacked up name on the phone, you just
slur the name and hope that workcenter says "oh you want to talk with
TSgt Czsaljkuein" and you say "uummm yeah"

AF Comm Guy
03-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Oh boy, here we go.

- I know a SSgt Slaughter. Probably a TSgt or even MSgt by now.
- My first boss was Major Funk.
- Knew an Amn Dick. Never got tired of yelling "Hey DICK!" as loud as possible, knowing I could get away with it.

Outside the military:
- I knew a Bunny Easter. No shit, that's really her name
- Wife knew a Mary Christmas
- She also knew a Pajama Wayne. Inflection was on the first syllable.

Never understood naming an AF base Seymour Johnson. That just baffles me.

sigecaps
03-03-2011, 01:52 AM

I knew a Chief Dick as well. He was our group superintendent.

SENDBILLMONEY
03-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Colonel Richard Head served as base commander at Langley back in the day. I also worked with SrA Christ and Major Wood, and have encountered several Captain Morgans during my career.

YaKkO
03-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm a fan of the name Savage. I know there is quite a few of them but it just makes me laugh when I hear Sgt Savage!

BRUWIN
03-03-2011, 02:00 AM

I knew him too. Same guy I'm sure. He used to brag that he liked to live up to his name. He also sliced a finger off in a paper shredder when he was a MSgt and his troops stenciled " The Dick Shredder" on it after that.

bose23
03-03-2011, 03:22 AM
When I was at Fairchild in the middle 90s, I new a TSgt Richard Munch. You can figure that one out.

imported_kvnhlstd
03-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Stationed in Germany with a guy named Joy TTW Hodel... Joy To The World Hodel.

takthekak
03-03-2011, 03:35 AM
I worked in a shop where a girl insisted everyone call her SrA XXX, no matter if they were lower or higher...
I always think its funny when someone always articulates their rank all the time...picks up the phone
"TSgt XXX" and calls someone and says "this is TSgt XXX" and everyday somehow turns the conversation
to the fact that they are a TSgt...

Z1911
03-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Once knew a cop with the last name "Major"...It was great once he became a SSgt...

Jon Weiss
03-03-2011, 05:55 AM
During my days as an Army Drill Sergeant I had a trainee name James Boso (he pronounced it "BOZO") So every time the 1SG heard me yelling down the hall "Com'ere BOZO!" his head nearly exploded. This was funny but not so confusing as the young SGT working in the Bn HQ, her name was Valerie Major, yep we had a "Sgt Major" and she was a clerk in the PAC, and the CSM was always giving her hell about it.

"If at First you don't succeed, skydiving is not your sport."

imported_BRAVO10000
03-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Boot camp - we had a kid from Montana named Kevin TallWhiteMan. Pretty sure he was a native. :-0

Forsaken Wombat
03-03-2011, 06:34 AM
SSgt Sparkles - black chick at my base about two years ago; this girl was involved in so many booster clubs/volunteer events I don't know how she maintained her AFSC...

Amn Newby - he was in my Tech School squadron, he said BMT was amazingly harsh for him.

SrA Cups - your last name is a drinking apparatus....

Shrike
03-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Major Boner

imported_DannyJ
03-03-2011, 07:56 AM
SSgt Sergeant (reserve type). No kidding. Major Moneymaker and Major Cash. Same base, same time.

BUDJR8
03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Now retired, Gen Dick. (old 13 AF/CC)

Once saw a CMSgt Ng.

StephenH
03-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Captain Kirk worked at the med clinic. He would call about appointments. Pretty funny "While you were out" message.

Battleshort
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Ran across a Gunners Mate Second Class named Gundeck.........

TJMAC77SP
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Never understood naming an AF base Seymour Johnson. That just baffles me.

After my mother gave my sister my mailing address at SJ she said she thought Seymour Johnson was my roommate.......

((ok, admitedly my sister didn't get the brains in the family))

TJMAC77SP
03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I worked in a shop where a girl insisted everyone call her SrA XXX, no matter if they were lower or higher...
I always think its funny when someone always articulates their rank all the time...picks up the phone
"TSgt XXX" and calls someone and says "this is TSgt XXX" and everyday somehow turns the conversation
to the fact that they are a TSgt...

Now XXX is a funny name...........

TJMAC77SP
03-03-2011, 11:57 AM
..........CMSgt Ng.

Sounds like something from a Monty Python movie

Shrike
03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Sounds like something from a Monty Python movie

It would be funnier if it were "CMSgt Fng"

takthekak
03-03-2011, 12:41 PM
In the missile field there was an Airman Salad..yep, she was a chef...
put that together...

Golther
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Now retired, Gen Dick. (old 13 AF/CC)

Once saw a CMSgt Ng.

I have a Capt Ng at my squardron right now actually.

Desk Pilot
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Have seen several funny ones in my time, but my all-time favorite was a guy I went to basic with -- Richard Head!

TIs had a field day with him...

imported_DannyJ
03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I have a Capt Ng at my squardron right now actually.

How do you pronounce something like that? Aren't even any vowels?!

Golther
03-03-2011, 01:54 PM

I have been told its pronounced like ing, although the running joke for him is Capt Woulds you like to buy a vowel Ng.

sweep_the_leg
03-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I knew a Richard Wood.
Currently know a Focht (pronouced "Folk")
Maj Wacker
Col Airman (yes, spelled that way)

Battleshort
03-03-2011, 02:32 PM

Knew a Bos'uns Mate with the last name "Ai". (pronounced "I")

DWWSWWD
03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Knew a Major Dick and a Sgt Sergeant. My wife went to school with Harry Boner. In Ft Wayne, IN, there is a proposal right now to name a building for their longtime Mayor, Harry Baals (pronounced balls). Funny, because his family is all busted up about the uproar. Say they see nothing wrong with it although they changed the pronunciation to "bales".

crustybfv
03-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Had a guy I worked with at base X with the last name of "Maddox." He insisted he was naming his kids "Matthew" and "Otto."

Comm_Guy
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I have been told its pronounced like ing, although the running joke for him is Capt Woulds you like to buy a vowel Ng.

I knew a Ng as well. She pronounced it nig though.

Enigmatic Airman
03-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Airman Myclette pronounced "my clit".

Was at my first tech school. We'd be in formation bout to start PT and people would punch him (Playfully not like bullying or w/e). The Ropes would say "Dont touch myclette"...classic

Enigmatic Airman
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Knew a Major Dick and a Sgt Sergeant. My wife went to school with Harry Boner. In Ft Wayne, IN, there is a proposal right now to name a building for their longtime Mayor, Harry Baals (pronounced balls). Funny, because his family is all busted up about the uproar. Say they see nothing wrong with it although they changed the pronunciation to "bales".

Saw this on some show...forgot the dude name but he did a skit on this I was rolling...they were trying to name another street in the same city something funny too.

takthekak
03-03-2011, 05:07 PM

When he and his wife go on the restaurant waiting list and their table is ready, they call out on the intercom:
"Balls party of 2"..."Balls party of 2"

LogDog
03-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I've known a few people with funny but true names.

Our squadron's orderly room (back in the 80's) had an NCO named Sergeant General.

I knew a girl named Candy Kane.

I went to NCOLS with a Sgt Ek.

When I was stationed at RAF Upwood, I stayed in the NCO dorm until I found an apartment off-base. One of the cleaning ladies for the dorm was named Tina Turner and her supervisor was named Elizabeth Taylor.

In Basic, we too had a guy named Fuchs and the T.I. would pronounce his name with a "K" instead of an"H".

BigT2002
03-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Knew a couple pilots that were Major Dick and Major Payne

Calmo70
03-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Knew a Captain Captain. Also, a TSgt with the name of Richard O'Dor (yea - you can figure that one out).

MACHINE666
03-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Ha ha ha - there was once some dude named Four Nomore....I shit thee not.

I hope the world never runs out of trailer park and ghetto parents...otherwise people will continue to have boring names for many years to come.

:D :D :D :D :D

Measure Man
03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I knew a guy named Brian O'Brien.

MACHINE666
03-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I had a Airman Fuchs in my squadron before. Think he might be a SSgt now but not sure.

I hate to burst your bubble on this one, but it's pronounced "Fooks"...and is German for the word "Fox".

;)

ChaosTony
03-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I went to Tech School with an Airman Crunch...Damn I hope he commisions.

takthekak
03-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I knew a guy named Brian O'Brien.

We kicked out an airman last year named William William

KellyinAvon
03-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Intel guy? The one I knew (1N FAM CAOC/A2 at the Deid) was a good guy, unfortunute name, but a good guy.

KellyinAvon
03-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Majors Woody and Boner definitely need to work in the same office. Twice I ran across an F-15 Crew Chief (once TDY at Nellis, also stationed in Iceland a year later) named Oscar Mayer. I thought they just called him that,, nope, that was his name.

Bunch
03-04-2011, 01:48 AM
I have seen some Gay last names, Dick, Moorehead... An airmen her last name was Seaman...(Airmen Seamen... Always made me laugh) ... The funniest one by far I saw it the other day SSgt. Goodenough!!! No kidding...

MACHINE666
03-04-2011, 06:09 AM
I coulda sworn that once I saw some dude in uniform come out of the Spangdahlem Shoppette whose last name was "Porkchop"....and he lived up to the name too....he was a TSgt who was pushing the heavy side. It's funny when life imitates comedy which imitates life!

:D :D :D :D :D

BUDJR8
03-04-2011, 07:13 AM
John Johns...ran into at Keesler years ago.

RAFLblues
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Had several I've met:

-In basic I had an Airman Sh*thead (pronounced Shi-tod)
-In Tech school the was a Airman Slaughter (Definetly a staff by now)
-In joint tech school with Navy there was a guy in the Navy named "Navy"
-Also met a male nurse at Nellis named Cpt. Sergeant
-Also Had a good friend named Richard Rust (we called him p*nis corrosion)

Golther
03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
An awesome guy that I know is TSgt Krapp

Deploy Me Please
03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
We kicked out an airman last year named William William

I knew someone with that name. We used to call him Billy Squared.

Deploy Me Please
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I knew a guy named Daniel Boone. He had it legally changed to Taimak Thunderwolf.

taeisme
03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I was on a email distro list and say the name Crystal Pee.....

jshiver15
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Worked with a (female) Major Payne
A friend of mine named his newborn son "Jaxon Richard ******". Obviously didn't think that one out too well.
In my AFSC, I've come across two Amn Sergeants and one Sgt Sergeant
Richard House
Richard Hand

???
03-04-2011, 04:43 PM
My new boss is named Frederick Martin, goes by the name Ricky.

sweep_the_leg
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I just remembered one. Had a tech school blue rope - name was Louis Screws

Wicked Zombie
03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Knew a major Payne and an Airman with the name Chevorlet Camaro!

imported_Renazance
03-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Knew a Captain Kirk, Sergeant Sergeant, Major Bonner, Dick Hazard (Dick was his given name, not short for Richard), a guy in the Navy with the last name Petty so he was Petty Officer Petty, and an Airman Hyman. I've also seen a guy in the chow hall with the last name Stiff.

JHawkG33K
03-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I met a TSgt America...wish she would have commissioned.

AF Comm Guy
03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
This has to be one of the best threads ever!

takthekak
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
now this is/was some funny stuff
http://www.funrestarea.com/pages/snl_robert_deniro.shtml

sweep_the_leg
03-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Knew a female with the last name of DeMaster. Wonder if she ever got married or re-married to a guy with the last name of Bates and she decided to hyphenate.

AMMO461
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Did not know him, but when I was in Korea, there was a guy named Dinky Smalls on my floor.:dance

P.O.L
03-07-2011, 07:47 PM
The best I ever came across was Seaman Guzzler, I bet she was the happiest person in the world to make E-4. I also read a article one time about a Lt back during Vietnam who's first name was general. So when he called places or he needed something done he would simply state his rank and full name.. Lieutenant General Johnson. The story went on to say he got out after he made Capt. because it was like a demotion.

AF Comm Guy
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Just remembered another one. I was in a shop in Korea where we had both a Dick Clark and a Tom Jones. Okay, Clark actually went by Richard but it's still funny. I mean, what are the odds?

XxATCxX
03-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Answered the phone once to a Major Cox asking to speak to so-n-so. He sounded just like a 3-level we had and I laughed and hung up on him. He called back right away and was not to happy.

There was also a Major Storm in our weather flight.

KellyinAvon
03-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Did not know him, but when I was in Korea, there was a guy named Dinky Smalls on my floor.:dance

Maybe that was Biggie's little brother.

takthekak
03-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Anyone else ever had a brain fart at work and just pick up the ringing phone and say "Hi"

that has happened a few times to me and some high ranking people were on the
other line...funny looking back, but not at the time...

Your_Name_Here
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Anyone else ever had a brain fart at work and just pick up the ringing phone and say "Hi"

No, but I have made phone calls only to have that person say "hi" (it was an A1C/SrA type from a different section of my own squadron). A simple "Excuse me?" did the trick to bring them back to the reality of their moment.

I HAVE hesitated/accidentally used a greeting from an OLD duty section, but that was only until I got used to working there; I was the FNG at the time.

Your_Name_Here
03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I've met:

a female SSgt whose first name really is "Princess"
a LT whose first name is "Beloved"
I could swear I've seen a "Dear Beloved" on Global (Capt type?)
An old CONS/CC, last name "Merchant"

One of my VERY first supervisors went to ALS in-residence back in '95; I got to go to his graduation.
The name of one of his classmates: "Enchauteguipoventud" (despite how long ago this was, this is more than distinctive enough to have etched itself into my memory).

jmb27
03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
There is a Capt. Morgan in my squadron, I knew a Seaman Steman, and I used to work with a Sergeant Sergeant.

???
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM

No, but I have answered the phone "Operations, Sgt ???" on my home and cell phone. I also couldn't figure out one day why I kept getting an operator error when I was making a call one weekend...then I realized I was dialing 99 for an outside line.

DWWSWWD
03-08-2011, 10:13 PM
No, but I have answered the phone "Operations, Sgt ???" on my home and cell phone. I also couldn't figure out one day why I kept getting an operator error when I was making a call one weekend...then I realized I was dialing 99 for an outside line.

We used to have some piece of equipment at our base that was owned by the Defense Mapping Agency. My supervisor and I or my roommate and I would always grab the weekly PMI on it. It was across base and had a cassette tape in it that recorded something. Someone would dial in and download the data. The PMI consisted of popping out the tape and rubbing an alcohol pad across the record head. Took like 10 seconds. If it was tracking or someone was dialed in, you had to wait for it to get finished. We would go there and take a nap and just say the gear was tracking. It almost never was. Anywho, I was in a dead sleep and the phone rang. I answered it and jacked up the connection somehow. (computer or something on the other end, not a person) I just hung up and we left. Good times.

KellyinAvon
03-08-2011, 10:55 PM

I have been there!:D

takthekak
03-08-2011, 11:24 PM

I was at Holloman asleep in my dorm room, which is directly across from the flightline/side of base the
exercise was being held in...Well I was sound asleep and the alarm went off for alarm red, I rolled out
of bed, hit the floor, went for my mask...only to realize I was in my dorm room..I felt like an ass for about
2 seconds until I passed back out to sleep.

Shrike
03-09-2011, 04:24 AM

I did the same once after a grueling week of 15-18 hour shifts during an exercise. Exercise ends, sleeping heavily, my phone rings in the morning, I groggily pick it up and say "XX Comm Squadron, Airman Shrike, how may I help you?"

takthekak
03-09-2011, 04:41 AM
dang, there's a lot of Comm weenies on this site

BRUWIN
03-09-2011, 04:54 AM
I knew an TSgt Edgar Allen Poe the 3rd...supposedly the great grandson of the first. He was a Life Support guy. I didn't really know him well...but he was at mny base and promoted to MSgt the same cycle as me.

BRUWIN
03-09-2011, 04:57 AM
I did the same once after a grueling week of 15-18 hour shifts during an exercise. Exercise ends, sleeping heavily, my phone rings in the morning, I groggily pick it up and say "XX Comm Squadron, Airman Shrike, how may I help you?"

I once answered my work phone "Airmen Shop, Engine Bruwin speaking". I didn't realize what I said but the guy on the other end couldn't stop laughing.

jshiver15
03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
I once answered my work phone "Airmen Shop, Engine Bruwin speaking". I didn't realize what I said but the guy on the other end couldn't stop laughing.

In that past 6 months, I've talked to two different pilots that said they loved me . . .

Me - "Anything else I can help with with, Sir?"

Him - "No, I appreciate it."

Me - "Alright Sir, have a good day."

Him - "Ok, love you. Bye."

Me - "Uh, Sir?"

I'm assuming they probably just got off the phone with their wives. That, or I have a very sultry voice.

BISSBOSS
03-09-2011, 05:26 AM
I knew an TSgt Edgar Allen Poe the 3rd...supposedly the great grandson of the first. He was a Life Support guy. I didn't really know him well...but he was at mny base and promoted to MSgt the same cycle as me.

I was stationed with a guy who was born on Kwajalein Island ("Where America Ends Its Day")... Really into the culture of the island and his heritage. His father was born on "Kwaj" as was his father's father.

His name... Al Smith - The 3rd!

-BB-

takthekak
03-09-2011, 05:34 AM
We had some gang trouble at our base years back...they only knew the guys gang name, it was T-fly...
They had to dig into his records to find his actual name...

Not to go into some racial segment, why do so many people of color have nicknames...and some are so
far off from the real name....Like a guy nicknamed "Q" and his real name was John...

Lastly, why do people of color seem to have such interesting names such as Shantavis or Alvernita ?

Comm_Guy
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
dang, there's a lot of Comm weenies on this site

Damn Comm people!!

BRUWIN
03-09-2011, 05:27 PM
In that past 6 months, I've talked to two different pilots that said they loved me . . .

Me - "Anything else I can help with with, Sir?"

Him - "No, I appreciate it."

Me - "Alright Sir, have a good day."

Him - "Ok, love you. Bye."

Me - "Uh, Sir?"

I'm assuming they probably just got off the phone with their wives. That, or I have a very sultry voice.

Maybe your Avatar popped up on their blackberry screen.

Aitrus
03-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Worked under a Capt Kirk.
I worked with Ms. Loverme.
Worked in a unit that had two Lees, a Montgomery, a Patton and a Washington.
I know a Capt Palmrose.
I know a SMSgt Rude.

takthekak
03-09-2011, 11:10 PM
We had a young girl in the ordery room who fell while ice skating, hit her head and could not
talk for awhile. They had her in their trying to answer the phone with her words all slurred
for awhile...funny, but sad...It sounded like you were calling Rainman when you called to
check on orders and such...

They should have had her on conv leave until she regained full talking function.

jshiver15
03-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Maybe your Avatar popped up on their blackberry screen.

That's a good point . . .

. . . speaking of which, my wife saw the same avatar on another forum I post on and she was like "Um, who is that?"

"Baby, I have NO IDEA how that got there! Dang spammers!"

AF Chief
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Went to tech school with a guy name "Paul Steven Bobby".

loader67
03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
We had some gang trouble at our base years back...they only knew the guys gang name, it was T-fly...
They had to dig into his records to find his actual name...

This reminds me of the time I was "lucky" enough to be the squadron PRP/Security manager and I had been working at the job for a year and the commander (who I worked directly for) was looking at the EPR slides and my name was on it for my EPR being late. No one in the staff meeting knew who it was because they only knew me by my nickname.

Eastwood
03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Once knew a SrA Richard Head, was the baddest dude Ive ever known. Also knew a Hugo Ferry. Best one was at KJ a number of years ago, Girls in the "Yoda" club were wearing sports shirts with thier names on the back. Keep in mind this was in the days when Korean girls were still in the bars:

Hae Suk me & Mi-Suk.

RS6405
09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Knew a Virgin who was in the Coast Guard. I bet she was happy that she got married before making Chief.

Robert F. Dorr
09-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Edward W. Virgin was a test pilot for North American Aviation and in the 1950s was their company representative in Washington. He made the initial flights of several famous airplanes.

One of the people in the book "Hell Hawks," about the P-47 Thunderbolt-equipped 365th Fighter Group, is 1st Lt. Henry E. Queer, who changed his name to Quinn after World War II. I could tell you who wrote the book and how to get one but I'd have to kill you.

One of my fellow Foreign Service officers was named Outerbridge Horsey. Another, Lawrence Eagleburger, had five sons and named all of them Lawrence.

There were two fairly well-known Air Force figures named Richard Head and neither was the senior airman mentioned above by Eastwood.

I knew an Army guy from the Vietnam era who was Sergeant Sargent, and was probably not the only one with the same or a similar appellation. I've also known an Airman Armen.

Rusty Jones
09-03-2012, 01:15 AM
A Captain at Wilford Hall - Doctor Balls.

Rusty Jones
09-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Know a Hawaiian dude who has a sister named Puunani.

imported_LOAL-D
09-03-2012, 01:35 AM
In a squadron where we had a Major Sergeant and a Sgt Major, USAF

SSgt X
09-03-2012, 01:59 AM
I've seen all of these on my base:

Chief Cheeseman (retired, probablly went to work for Kraft)

SSgt Pray (worked in EOD...d'oh!)

Amn Miracle

Sgts Slaughter, Payne, Dye and an Amn Bloodworth

Amn Bready, Amn Wheat, and Chief Beers (together with ret Chief Cheeseman they could form their own squadron picnic)

Amn Goodsell

Lt Kindle

Amn Ro and Amn Wade
Amn Day and Amn Knight
MSgt Hemp and SSgt Stoner (my personal two favs, esp if they would hang out together)

I swear, in my current civ job I get to see so many hilarious names stiched on the ABUs....except for the first two, I saw all the above names in the last few months just at this base alone!

BRUWIN
09-03-2012, 02:27 AM

I think I knew the same guy...was he PMEL?

PickYourBattles
09-03-2012, 02:36 AM
I think I knew the same guy...was he PMEL?

Did he come from Britain originally? Bloody Brits....

SENDBILLMONEY
09-03-2012, 03:26 AM
-In basic I had an Airman Sh*thead (pronounced Shi-tod)

Crock. Never happened.

Shrike
09-03-2012, 04:00 AM
I've seen all of these on my base:

Chief Cheeseman (retired, probablly went to work for Kraft)

SSgt Pray (worked in EOD...d'oh!)

Amn Miracle

Sgts Slaughter, Payne, Dye and an Amn Bloodworth

Amn Bready, Amn Wheat, and Chief Beers (together with ret Chief Cheeseman they could form their own squadron picnic)

Amn Goodsell

Lt Kindle

Amn Ro and Amn Wade
Amn Day and Amn Knight
MSgt Hemp and SSgt Stoner (my personal two favs, esp if they would hang out together)

I swear, in my current civ job I get to see so many hilarious names stiched on the ABUs....except for the first two, I saw all the above names in the last few months just at this base alone!

I was deployed with a Captain Stoner a few years back. He was dreading making Major.

CMo909
09-03-2012, 05:40 AM
There was a guy I went to high school with named Richard Leech. We all know what leeches do, and we all know what they call Richard's! Poor guy.

seatmech2412
09-04-2012, 12:20 AM

I've heard of this guy from a friend that was stationed with him at Holloman I think...... My friend told me he was a CMSgt when he knew him and said the same thing about the great grandson thing.

Rizzo77
09-04-2012, 12:51 AM
I roomed with a Captain Sherlock in Kuwait. When he told me something, I couldn't help but think, "No shit....?"

Jamethon
09-04-2012, 06:33 AM
I was in basic with some guy who's last name was Force. So if you read across his name tapes, it said "Force Air Force"

I remember a "CMSgt Sergeant" from somewhere also.

Also a Jon McLane

That's all I got.

Jamethon
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
There was a Captain Jack Sparrow in the global listing a few years ago. I have a feeling that was a joke from comm.

golfer55
09-04-2012, 07:52 AM

I know the same guy, we were at Holloman together. He was going up for a yearly award and I was on the awards committe. He was his great grandson from what I was told

Drackore
09-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I worked with a Captain Kirk. We changed his phone ID to U.S.S Enterprise. Everytime he called someone, that would display. He said "Old joke, already done". I said "That's fine, but we'll enjoy it while it lasts."

Drackore
09-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I worked with a Captain Kirk. We changed his phone ID to U.S.S Enterprise. Everytime he called someone, that would display. He said "Old joke, already done". I said "That's fine, but we'll enjoy it while it lasts."

LovedtoFly
09-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Finance Officer back in late 80's early 90's at McChord was Lt Crook

Duck
09-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I've met:

I could swear I've seen a "Dear Beloved" on Global (Capt type?)

I knew this guy, his is still in and likely pinned on Major by now. His middle name is Lee and he is actually a major DB. Must be something about having to deal with the snickering from his name. Dear Lee Beloved.

FuelShopTech
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I have known.....

A1C Queer

MSgt Pancake

A1C Lovely

Captain Crunch

And one guy told me he knew a Navy chick whose last name was "Guzzler." Don't know if it was true.

Shrike
09-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I have known.....

A1C Queer

MSgt Pancake

A1C Lovely

Captain Crunch

And one guy told me he knew a Navy chick whose last name was "Guzzler." Don't know if it was true.

I did see a Navy woman once whose name was "Swallows".

Absinthe Anecdote
09-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I did see a Navy woman once whose name was "Swallows".

I heard she knocked a water fountain off the wall in basic.

imported_DannyJ
09-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Giggidy. ?

Shrike
09-04-2012, 09:55 PM

Honest truth. It was at Tinker around '92 or so. She was with the TACAMO detachment there.

Pullinteeth
09-05-2012, 01:41 PM
SSgt Sargent, MSgt Stohner and of course Sgt Pusey. At an airshow, Sgt Pusey ran across an AMN Pink so of course he had to get a picture with AMN Pink standing to the right of him...poor kid didn't get it. Non mil but I have seen a girl with the first name La Quinta and a Sommer Beach...

BRUWIN
09-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Some crazy names here. I don;t know how some of these folks win awards with names like these. I would have never voted 'for them if I was on the board...I don;t care what their package read like. Some chick with a a last name of "Swallows" would never be a quarterly award winner in my Air Force.

sandsjames
09-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Some crazy names here. I don;t know how some of these folks win awards with names like these. I would have never voted 'for them if I was on the board...I don;t care what their package read like. Some chick with a a last name of "Swallows" would never be a quarterly award winner in my Air Force.

I'd rather have a "Swallows" than a "Spitz" but, in the end, who really cares.

Bubba74
09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
In my civilian job I deal with peoples names on a daily basis. A couple of good ones

Maj. Bone, middle initial was T.

a civ last name Assmann

I was station with a guy in Afghanistan last name was Gutherystoneburner, we just called him G17. it was easier.

seatmech2412
09-05-2012, 10:59 PM
There was a guy with the last name "Gayman" in tech school the same time I was there. He said it was pronounced like you would pronounce "Cayman Islands" but everyone always said it as 2 words.......Last I heard he was an MTL.

Comrade
09-05-2012, 11:17 PM

If it was Chief Dick at the 609 AIG, the icing on the cake is that the deputy commander was LtCol Cooter.

I considered the circumstance proof that there's at least one person at AFPC with a sense of humor.

giggawatt
09-06-2012, 07:01 AM
In my civilian job I deal with peoples names on a daily basis. A couple of good ones

Maj. Bone, middle initial was T.

a civ last name Assmann

I was station with a guy in Afghanistan last name was Gutherystoneburner, we just called him G17. it was easier.

Did he have a license plate that said ASSMANN?

jshiver15
09-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I know the same guy, we were at Holloman together. He was going up for a yearly award and I was on the awards committe. He was his great grandson from what I was told

It shows him as a CMSgt on the portal, and what I'm assuming is his son (POE IV) as a NAVY SA (Seaman's Apprentice?)

Measure Man
09-07-2012, 05:41 AM
a civ last name Assmann

Knew a SrA with that name...but he pronounced it Oz-mon

Tak
05-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Not so funny now
http://news.yahoo.com/soldier-says-she-faced-harassment-over-muslim-name-184337269.html