PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

stephanie2010
06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I am 18 years old. My boyfriend of 2 years is in the Air Force. He is just about to graduate from BMT and after his Tech school, he wants to get married. I love him more than anything and I could definitely see myself with him for the rest of my life. I am in STNA classes right now and he told that he wanted me to take the class so I could be with him and hold a job at the same time. He said we'll be okay, he encouraged me to take the classes and I do want to take the classes. I want to be with him but my family thinks I'm too young to get married. I know I am too young but it feels so right for me. I don't want to live to make other people happy, I am living to make myself and my boyfriend happy. Any advice?

mel44
06-13-2010, 07:00 PM
18 is really young to get married but you have to follow your heart. If I had one word of advice for you it would be please please do not have kids right away. Go to college and finish developing your education. Many young marriages don't fail because they are young so much as they add children to quickly and the responsibilities become to much. I would advise you to wait at least another year or two, go to college and find out a little more about yourself and what you want out of life before you make a life long commitment.

BOSS302
05-19-2013, 01:09 AM
Why is this crap in the "PT and Fitness" sub-forum?

sandsjames
05-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Why is this crap in the "PT and Fitness" sub-forum?

I think it's because the only fair advice to give this chick was "RUN!!!".

Measure Man
05-19-2013, 01:15 AM
I am 18 years old. My boyfriend of 2 years is in the Air Force. He is just about to graduate from BMT and after his Tech school, he wants to get married. I love him more than anything and I could definitely see myself with him for the rest of my life. I am in STNA classes right now and he told that he wanted me to take the class so I could be with him and hold a job at the same time. He said we'll be okay, he encouraged me to take the classes and I do want to take the classes. I want to be with him but my family thinks I'm too young to get married. I know I am too young but it feels so right for me. I don't want to live to make other people happy, I am living to make myself and my boyfriend happy. Any advice?

Your boyfriend has been under a lot of stress and is in a huge transition in his life. He's homesick, wondering what he got into and grasping for things that are familiar and remind him of who he is (BMT sort of tries to take the old individual you away and replace in with a conforming teammate).

In other words, he's not really thinking rationally, so you need to do that for him.

this is not the time to get married, way too young, way too much change going on in life...stay in school...tell him he needs to settle into AF life for a couple years first.

sandsjames
05-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Your boyfriend has been under a lot of stress and is in a huge transition in his life. He's homesick, wondering what he got into and grasping for things that are familiar and remind him of who he is (BMT sort of tries to take the old individual you away and replace in with a conforming teammate).

In other words, he's not really thinking rationally, so you need to do that for him.

this is not the time to get married, way too young, way too much change going on in life...stay in school...tell him he needs to settle into AF life for a couple years first.

MM...this is 3 years old...I doubt she'll be back to read your response. Not sure why Boss resurrected this thread...other than to point out it's in the wrong area...

KellyinAvon
05-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Necro-posting! Zombie posting!! Did someone mention zombies??

Zombie Max™ - Just in case!
Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max™ ammunition from Hornady┬«! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets... yes PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets (have you seen a Zombie?). Make sure your "bug out bag" is ready with nothing but the best!

RobotChicken
05-19-2013, 04:13 AM
:hippie Start dating, see the real world. Do not get knocked up, and get a life. In 10 years you still feel the same way...go for it!!! :closed_2

RobotChicken
05-19-2013, 04:20 AM
You forgot...Avoid the clap.
:spy Or get married..to the 'big BX in the sky'...:lol:cheer2

Measure Man
06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
MM...this is 3 years old...I doubt she'll be back to read your response. Not sure why Boss resurrected this thread...other than to point out it's in the wrong area...

Meh...they're probably already divorced.

BRUWIN
06-12-2013, 02:08 AM
I am pretty sure these two did get married.

BOSS302
06-13-2013, 04:00 AM
I am pretty sure these two did get married.

I am going to say they got married. Then, on his first deployment or TDY, he decided to start sleeping with a female SrA; he's thinking he's Mr. Pimp. Meanwhile, Ms. Love Struck has come to realize that there is a seemingly inexhaustible supply of young and healthy male airmen who are eager to go "to da club" with her and "watch out for her". Which leads to her sleeping with many of his "friends". He returns and all is well until the rumors crash into each other like waves on rocks. They file for divorce and she joins the Air Force Reserves, eventually coming back to the same base and marrying one of the "friends" she had slept with, while the now ex-husband PCS's to Korea and marries a Juicy Girl one year later.

Or not.

"...And like the sand through an hourglass, these are the days of our lives."

RobotChicken
06-13-2013, 04:05 AM
"And they both get 'AirHead' of the year Evals..."