PDA

View Full Version : Decorations pending question

LV SSgt
05-31-2010, 11:36 PM
I am currently deployed and i remember from a couple of TDY's ago that someone showed me a website that you can go to and plug in your name and i think last four of SSN and it showed any and all decorations pending for you if there are any. The site was for the AOR and showed decs submitted for the AOR only. Any help with the site/link would be great. Thanks

imported_BRAVO10000
06-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Not familiar with it, but I would browse the SharePoint enclave at Shaw or AFCENT. Probably somewhere in the A1 directorate if it is still around.

sigecaps
06-01-2010, 11:27 AM
It would be easier to navigate through a giant human maze blinded-folded than for an untrained user to find what he needs on Shaw/AFCENT's sharepoint pages.

[/2 cents]

imported_oih82w8
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
You can use this website to find out about individual decorations and unit awards while assigned to AFCENT;

https://mydirect.shaw.afcent.af.mil/l/afcent/direct/a1/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/UDPU_Home_Page.aspx

You need the individuals last name and full SSN, including dashes (###-##-####).

akruse
02-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Does anyone have an updated link for this?

MisterBen
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM
The Army has it on its Human Resources Command in excel format.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/assets/awards/Previously_Approved_Unit_Awards.xlsx

akruse
02-19-2014, 07:00 PM
The Army has it on its Human Resources Command in excel format.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/assets/awards/Previously_Approved_Unit_Awards.xlsx

That is for unit awards though

BRUWIN
02-20-2014, 03:56 AM
Last time I used it you could only access it on SIPRNET.

wxjumper
02-20-2014, 04:16 AM
AFCENT site on SIPR is absolutely HORRID now. What ever changes they made in the last couple years have made the site completely useless. Good luck finding the home page much less info on your dec.

Jamethon
02-20-2014, 04:39 AM
I have the new link at work. I'll get it tomorrow.

Edit: Not on SIPR, but you need your CAC

DWWSWWD
02-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Storytime.... I got put in for a medal. It was a big deal at the time. No one in my job had received one before. Some folks were really pulling for me and some of the action guys were not. Anywho, I used to check this site about every day. I scrolled down to the spot where my name would be and right there was a teammate of mine who had been killed in action and was approved for the same medal. It hit me hard and I remember saying out loud, F that medal. I never checked the site again though I did end up getting the medal. It was presented in civilian clothes in front of my teammates and family, me standing in front of a keg of beer that we were all drinking. Definitely a career highlight.

BRUWIN
02-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Storytime.... I got put in for a medal. It was a big deal at the time. No one in my job had received one before. Some folks were really pulling for me and some of the action guys were not. Anywho, I used to check this site about every day. I scrolled down to the spot where my name would be and right there was a teammate of mine who had been killed in action and was approved for the same medal. It hit me hard and I remember saying out loud, F that medal. I never checked the site again though I did end up getting the medal. It was presented in civilian clothes in front of my teammates and family, me standing in front of a keg of beer that we were all drinking. Definitely a career highlight.

Was deployed with 5th SFG in Iraq....they tried to get me to write my medal, I would not because I knew the Chief Warrant didn't want me to have it because we hated it each other and I thought his unit was a joke...not the operators, just the normal joe's who unlike me were complete asses. So they wrote it...and I didn't go to whatever ceremony they presented them at for the ILO's. So they tried to hand it to me on my way out the door. I told the SFC trying to give it to me to "just file it because I know none of your leadership really wanted me to have it." The look on his face was priceless.

As far as I know...it's still approved but sits in ashes at the Balad burn pit. I never did wear it so I never updated it or pursued it's status.

DWWSWWD
02-20-2014, 11:31 PM
That's too bad, Bru. I've talked to a number of youngsters, as I know you have, about making long term decisions based on a he or a she. The AF isn't a he or she, it's bigger than that. It's a shame your deployment was largely defined by one dude. Throw the medal in your shadowbox and let your kids be proud of what you did. You were outside the wire and someone other than the CWO said that what you did rated the medal. It's yours.

sandsjames
02-20-2014, 11:40 PM
I'm very proud of my medals and decs. Now if I could only remember which box I packed them away in.

BRUWIN
02-21-2014, 05:18 PM
That's too bad, Bru. I've talked to a number of youngsters, as I know you have, about making long term decisions based on a he or a she. The AF isn't a he or she, it's bigger than that. It's a shame your deployment was largely defined by one dude. Throw the medal in your shadowbox and let your kids be proud of what you did. You were outside the wire and someone other than the CWO said that what you did rated the medal. It's yours.

It actually goes deeper. Because I couldn't get along with the leadership...I was blacklisted by them and made irrelevent. So in my mind I didn't deserve any award, irregardless of the reasons why. It was funny because I was with 10 SFG intially and got along great with them but they rolled out after my first 3 months there. They suggested writing me an award before they left and I shrugged it off saying "that's ok...I will wait until my tour is done." They then gave me the heads up about what was rolling in and may want to rethink it. I never did.

fufu
02-21-2014, 05:37 PM
It actually goes deeper. Because I couldn't get along with the leadership...I was blacklisted by them and made irrelevent. So in my mind I didn't deserve any award, irregardless of the reasons why. It was funny because I was with 10 SFG intially and got along great with them but they rolled out after my first 3 months there. They suggested writing me an award before they left and I shrugged it off saying "that's ok...I will wait until my tour is done." They then gave me the heads up about what was rolling in and may want to rethink it. I never did.

I would expect a Capt equivalent to know that "irregardless" is not a word. :-)

BRUWIN
02-21-2014, 09:48 PM
I would expect a Capt equivalent to know that "irregardless" is not a word. :-)

Recent changes to civilian rank structure has bumped us up a level in comparison to military...I am a major equivelent now.

sandsjames
02-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Recent changes to civilian rank structure has bumped us up a level in comparison to military...I am a major equivelent now.

So now you can have the Captains get you coffee...just like when you were a Chief.

retiredAFcivvy
02-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Not sure that is a recent change. Maybe FUFU was trying to demote you.

AFWolf
02-28-2014, 05:13 PM
I have the new link at work. I'll get it tomorrow.

Edit: Not on SIPR, but you need your CAC

Did you find this link? Thank you.