PDA

View Full Version : Air Force General Charged With DUI Gets SWEET DEAL In Civilian Court---DISGUSTING!

WillsPowers
05-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Here's the latest from MCC (militarycorruption.com) concerning the leader in question. I say shish kabob him and anybody else connected to the Major Jill Metzger scandal. MCC broke this story before the AF Times did----now they chase what MCC discovered! The Times even censored my last sentence but I've re-inserted it for your information----that's not "copyright violation"----that's just blatant censorship!

http://www.militarycorruption.com/

Shadowless
05-17-2010, 05:36 AM
I say egg his car! ;)

JD2780
05-17-2010, 05:44 AM
Pee on his gas cap.

takthekak
05-17-2010, 06:19 AM
He should be given a STERN talking to, followed by a HARSH memo for record!

WillsPowers
05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
How about a nice big fat administrative demotion down to Brigadier and a retirement with no ceremony. That would be fair. But to assign him to a promotable position now would further undermine discipline and morale----the other unexplained unaccounted SCANDALS have done enough damage to the the Air Force. Let's do the right thing for once leadership! The people and the rank and file are watching YOU.

AF Chief
05-17-2010, 06:35 AM
You need to lead from the top. He should of retired. If not, he should of made to retire.

2430 MHz
05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
:::GASP::: Somebody who's 'connected' gets off easy????? Who in the HISTORY of the World would have thought it?!?!?!?

Give it a F'ing break people. YES, rich people will have a better defense with better lawyers.

YES, if your uncle is the Mayor of your town, you'll get a sweet job

YES, if you contribute a million dollars to a Senators Campaign Fund...expect to get hooked up

IF you are a TWO STAR GENERAL ELECTED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.......DRUM ROLL

EXPECT TO GET HOOKED UP!!!!!

What do you want to happen here? Have the Major General show up in his blues to his Commander after his First Sergeant gets notified? Give me a break......The General has probably served 30 years already.....once you get to his status, you don't exactly worry about the 'typical' problems such as CBT's

imported_LOAL-D
05-17-2010, 08:16 AM
And it all comes back to Jill Metzger. Next time put it in a larger font, it was hard to read...

Your_Name_Here
05-17-2010, 10:46 AM
:::GASP::: Somebody who's 'connected' gets off easy????? Who in the HISTORY of the World would have thought it?!?!?!?

Give it a F'ing break people. YES, rich people will have a better defense with better lawyers.

YES, if your uncle is the Mayor of your town, you'll get a sweet job

YES, if you contribute a million dollars to a Senators Campaign Fund...expect to get hooked up

IF you are a TWO STAR GENERAL ELECTED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.......DRUM ROLL

EXPECT TO GET HOOKED UP!!!!!

What do you want to happen here? Have the Major General show up in his blues to his Commander after his First Sergeant gets notified? Give me a break......The General has probably served 30 years already.....once you get to his status, you don't exactly worry about the 'typical' problems such as CBT's

Um, No: Major Generals and below are NOT "elected by the President of the United States." However, 3- and 4-Star Gens. do have to be confirmed by Congress (I want to say the Senate).

imported_AF-1Sgt
05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I believe that AF leaders need to be held accountable for their actions and that he got off easy as far as AF discipline is concerned, but the civilain punishment is pretty standard for a DUI. It's sad, but I have seen lots of people get downtown DUIs and get similar punishment, so in this case I will say there was equality in the rank (since there is none off base) punishment wise in the DUI.
I think he needs to be removed from his new position and told it would be in the best interest of the AF for him to retire.

I am a Retired First Sergeant, people were and still are my business

imported_Sgt HULK
05-17-2010, 12:45 PM
No reason to be shocked the military is the most corrupt ass patting system in all the world.

If your an officer you can do no wrong and cannot be punished.

Cold fact in life.

NFCstang
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it was probably Jill Metzger's fault.

Edsaune probably was fine to drive but then Jilly ran across the path of his car while running away from another kidnapping and caused him to swerve.

BTW, not to sound like a rich asshole, but I've gone to a number of resturants, brought my own wine and had the corkage fee waived since I spent a lot for the dinner.

Battleshort
05-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Here's the latest from MCC (militarycorruption.com) concerning the leader in question. I say shish kabob him and anybody else connected to the Major Jill Metzger scandal.

Let's see. An Air Force master sergeant, or how about a junior captain, gets pulled over for drunken driving by civilian cops in Henderson, Nev. and registers so high on the alcohol-blood test, he ends up twice as sloshed as the state allows. The perp is arrested after police observe him "going the wrong-way" on a busy highway and bumping his rental car into the curb. Security clearance suspended. End of career. Right? No. Wrong.

Of course, that was when the Pentagon thought they could keep Eidsaune's drunk-driving arrest out of the news and off the well-read pages of MilitaryCorruption.com. Well. you lose again. We have too many "eyes and ears" everywhere for the USAF to get away with that these days. By the time the cover-up came apart, Eidsaune had already gotten his fat job. Explaining why the general is held to a lower, not higher, standard than a senior non-commissioned officer, for example, proved so embarrassing, the PAO office (Ministry of Disinformation) resorted to one of the oldest tricks in the book.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Ever since we ran our first story on drunken Gen. David Eidsaune, people he has allegedly harmed and shown extreme cruelty towards, have let us know what a low life this flag officer is. We welcome further INTEL about his activities for an upcoming story. Contact us via the CONTACT US tab at top. Your identity will be protected. Thank you.]

Ad reported.

Floridaboy
05-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I believe that AF leaders need to be held accountable for their actions and that he got off easy as far as AF discipline is concerned, but the civilain punishment is pretty standard for a DUI. It's sad, but I have seen lots of people get downtown DUIs and get similar punishment, so in this case I will say there was equality in the rank (since there is none off base) punishment wise in the DUI.
I think he needs to be removed from his new position and told it would be in the best interest of the AF for him to retire.

I am a Retired First Sergeant, people were and still are my business

Yep, I agree. As a SNCO or young officer they would have booted him out about the time he left court from the DUI.

WillsPowers
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
You decide! I say what's good for the Master Sergeant is good for the Major General. We all know what President Lincoln said:---"A lowly Corporal deserves the same Justice as a Major General".

The equation is NOT balanced. Sending this flag officer to a promotable position now sends a terrible message----"do as we say and not as we do".

I don't accept the status quo and neither should you! Speak out! Next commander's call when the blow-hard harps about DUI's, simply ask: "why is it OK for General Eidsuane to keep his rank and move up to a promotable job when everybody else is held to a higher standard of justice?"

If your base has a DUI board at the front gate, stick up a sign on it stat says "GOOGLE = David Eidsuane" on it! Tell all your pals---especially all the ones facing ANY adverse matter or action. Tell them about the Meztger corruption sewer while you're at it. Why not? It's their "get out of jail free" card! While you're at it----dig dog, dig---dig up any dirt you can on your bosses and keep it in your hip pocket for that rainy day! Why be a victim? Fight back! Resist! You're a warrior Airman---start acting like one!:thumb

acesfilter
05-17-2010, 05:30 PM
No reason to be shocked the military is the most corrupt ass patting system in all the world.

If your an officer you can do no wrong and cannot be punished.

Cold fact in life.

Hey, officers take care of their own, right? :biggrin

Seriously though...I think the biggest devestation this senior officer will have to endure is the fact that between the article and his mug shot being publically released, this guy will forever be labeled (mostly and especially by his subordinates) as being a complete dirtbag. May he gracefully decline in shame.

SENDBILLMONEY
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM
The equation is NOT balanced. Sending this flag officer to a promotable position now sends a terrible message----"do as we say and not as we do".

Promotable position? What's so promotable about "Director, Strategic Plans, Programs and Analyses, and Director, Develop and Sustain Warfighting Systems, Air Force Process Office"? How many O-9s and O-10s have that assignment in their biographies?

When I looked at the Air Force biographies containing that title, I saw two. One is Eidsaune's, reflecting his assignment selection. The other is the incumbent (Major General Sabol, who is due to retire in his present grade). I can't find anyone else, and I bet the original poster can't either.

Sure, he's "promotable" in the sense that he is a RegAF active duty line officer who could be nominated for his third star and confirmed by the Senate. The odds of that occurring are the same as the odds of a certain website's never again spamming the Times forums, i.e. not bloody likely.

WillsPowers
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Great point but by AFI's, the point is moot! Reason---members on a control roster or on legal hold status may not PCS or be re-assigned. Remember???? That said, since they are PCS'ing the General in question, then he must not be the subject of a control roster. Why not? Answer that, General Swartz , Admiral Mullen and Dr. Gates!

We saw the same action with the Major Jill Metzger scandal. The Air Force stupidly claimed Major Metzger was the subject of "an investigation" but at the same time was being allowed to outprocess, go on leave, seperate, retire, etc etc----all those actions are in conflict with AFI's----you can't process any personnel actions when you are under investigation----Remember??? Doh!:hail

Measure Man
05-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Great point but by AFI's, the point is moot! Reason---members on a control roster or on legal hold status may not PCS or be re-assigned. Remember???? That said, since they are PCS'ing the General in question, then he must not be the subject of a control roster. Why not? Answer that, General Swartz , Admiral Mullen and Dr. Gates!

We saw the same action with the Major Jill Metzger scandal. The Air Force stupidly claimed Major Metzger was the subject of "an investigation" but at the same time was being allowed to outprocess, go on leave, seperate, retire, etc etc----all those actions are in conflict with AFI's----you can't process any personnel actions when you are under investigation----Remember??? Doh!:hail

He didn't PCS, he PCA'd...just sayin'

WillsPowers
05-18-2010, 01:54 AM
PCS, PCA whatever----control roster and an Article 15 is clearly warranted and legally sufficient. Ask any Judge Advocate----that is, unless the Judge Advocate is Major General Bernard Fiscus!---But that's another story.

When this offender finally retires, the base paper will run a ridiculous propaganda piece about how great he is and there will be a big ceremony with all the Airmen in attendence snickering and guffawing as they make comments to each other about the absolute absurdity of the phony theater. :wave

Measure Man
05-18-2010, 02:14 AM
PCS, PCA whatever----control roster and an Article 15 is clearly warranted and legally sufficient.

...and we don't know that he didn't get that.

I will say that "normally"...for ALL ranks...if somone gets a DUI OFF-BASE in the CONUS...the member gets an LOR/UIF from their commander...they don't normally get an Art 15 unless the DUI is on-base or overseas.

They are not normally kicked out...court martialed or anything else that you all are claiming would have happened if this had been a MSgt.

Ask any Judge Advocate----that is, unless the Judge Advocate is Major General Bernard Fiscus!---But that's another story.

Go ahead an ask any JAG>..I'm sure they'll tell you what I said is correct.

When this offender finally retires, the base paper will run a ridiculous propaganda piece about how great he is and there will be a big ceremony with all the Airmen in attendence snickering and guffawing as they make comments to each other about the absolute absurdity of the phony theater. :wave

I will bet you that his retirement will be handled very quietly...without a lot of fanfare and certainly not a big article in the base paper.

JD2780
05-18-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm with MM on this one.

JD2780
05-18-2010, 02:20 AM
My last unit had a coupel DUIs. They were handled off base by local authorities and the local system. They recieved LOR and a serious mark down on EPR reflecting does not meet standard. They didnt get 15s, nor did they get the boot. Although one of them is a complete moron and this one of his eff ups and should be booted. The other one was still dumb, but it was an isolated incident. He took it on the chin, and has excelled since then.

takthekak
05-18-2010, 02:24 AM
On my base, there is a world of difference if it's on base or not.
An A1C got an LOR not too long ago, becuase it was almost
all handled downtown...On, base, they nail you...

Measure Man
05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
...he did apparently spend 2 days in jail downtown when he was arrested. (time served).

Sooo...what is SUPPOSED to happen when a military member is locked up in town...is he goes on a no-pay, no-benefits status. His TAFMS date should've been adjusted by 2 days...aand he should not have earned leave, pay, entitlements, etc. during those 2 days. Basically, for those 2 days he's not in the AF.

I wonder if that happened...or if they just let him take leave?

takthekak
05-18-2010, 09:53 PM
...he did apparently spend 2 days in jail downtown when he was arrested. (time served).

Sooo...what is SUPPOSED to happen when a military member is locked up in town...is he goes on a no-pay, no-benefits status. His TAFMS date should've been adjusted by 2 days...aand he should not have earned leave, pay, entitlements, etc. during those 2 days. Basically, for those 2 days he's not in the AF.

I wonder if that happened...or if they just let him take leave?

Anyone remember when we used to be hospitalized overnights and finance would send us something saying the debited us like seven bucks for BAS???...damn cheapskates...
One time I was in for apendacitis and couldn't eat, so I had the doctor do a note saying
didn't eat meals while hospitalized and I didn't get debited.

PT GOD
05-19-2010, 01:45 AM
He wouldnt be eligible for promotion had he not passed his PT Test...nobody ever said you werent eligible for promotion for getting a DUI......focus on whats important people...nobody cares about DUI's...

Ty45
05-19-2010, 03:49 AM
I cant believe anyone is truly surprised at this. It isn't the first and definitely not the last.

takthekak
05-20-2010, 03:51 AM
could have been much worse...http://www.kfdm.com/articles/year-36017-old-bourgeois.html

takthekak
05-20-2010, 04:02 AM
this stuff ain't nothing new: http://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/10/us/general-gives-up-attempt-to-head-the-joint-chiefs.html?pagewanted=1

technomage1
05-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I will bet you that his retirement will be handled very quietly...without a lot of fanfare and certainly not a big article in the base paper.

I agree, though I'd note if he was lower ranking, his name would be in the blotter or there would be an article about the DUI, either by him or about him. It will be handled hush hush because of his rank.

Venus
05-20-2010, 03:42 PM
I believe that CSAF has to handle this in the open and restore some credability in the chain of command and the UCMJ. If this allowed to continue unhindered it will spread discension in the ranks and would be a detriment to good order and discipline. Or the MAJCOM cc has to do it. I remember when my Wing CC BG was removed for not keeping his hands out of females flight suits was fired and demoted to Col and retired quietly. This Gen has no respected authority left except for his position authority, so his continued duty in a command position in the USAF would be neglible and uneffective.

jagish51
05-20-2010, 04:39 PM
PCS, PCA whatever----control roster and an Article 15 is clearly warranted and legally sufficient. Ask any Judge Advocate----that is, unless the Judge Advocate is Major General Bernard Fiscus!---But that's another story.

Who is Bernard Fiscus? Honest mistake but I think you are referring to now Col Thomas Fiscus. Anyhow, instead of crying cover up with this case in particular you should try looking up the Privacy Act of 1974 which Article 15's, control roster's, LOR's, LOC's are covered under. They ARE NOT releasable to the public and if it is, the person who the information was released can sue the Air Force for releasing said information.

jagish51
05-20-2010, 04:54 PM
You decide! I say what's good for the Master Sergeant is good for the Major General. We all know what President Lincoln said:---"A lowly Corporal deserves the same Justice as a Major General".

I don't accept the status quo and neither should you! Speak out! Next commander's call when the blow-hard harps about DUI's, simply ask: "why is it OK for General Eidsuane to keep his rank and move up to a promotable job when everybody else is held to a higher standard of justice?"

If your base has a DUI board at the front gate, stick up a sign on it stat says "GOOGLE = David Eidsuane" on it! Tell all your pals---especially all the ones facing ANY adverse matter or action. Tell them about the Meztger corruption sewer while you're at it. Why not? It's their "get out of jail free" card! While you're at it----dig dog, dig---dig up any dirt you can on your bosses and keep it in your hip pocket for that rainy day! Why be a victim? Fight back! Resist! You're a warrior Airman---start acting like one!:thumb

Probably not a good idea to ask questions of your CC he can't answer in front of a room full of squadron member's. We are warrior airman, not idiots!

jagish51
05-20-2010, 05:01 PM
...and we don't know that he didn't get that.

I will say that "normally"...for ALL ranks...if somone gets a DUI OFF-BASE in the CONUS...the member gets an LOR/UIF from their commander...they don't normally get an Art 15 unless the DUI is on-base or overseas.

They are not normally kicked out...court martialed or anything else that you all are claiming would have happened if this had been a MSgt.

Go ahead an ask any JAG>..I'm sure they'll tell you what I said is correct.

You are correct measure man, especially for an off base offense that the miltary has no jurisdiction over...

SENDBILLMONEY
05-20-2010, 06:45 PM
You are correct measure man, especially for an off base offense that the miltary has no jurisdiction over...

The military has jurisdiction over the offense (Article 111, UCMJ) and the offender (Article 2, UCMJ). While Maj Gen Eidsaune was convicted in Nevada, the Air Force could still prosecute him under the UCMJ if desired. Double jeopardy only applies if the same sovereign tries him twice. As I recall, one needs special permission from SecAF to do that though.

jagish51
05-20-2010, 08:43 PM
The military has jurisdiction over the offense (Article 111, UCMJ) and the offender (Article 2, UCMJ). While Maj Gen Eidsaune was convicted in Nevada, the Air Force could still prosecute him under the UCMJ if desired. Double jeopardy only applies if the same sovereign tries him twice. As I recall, one needs special permission from SecAF to do that though.

Thanks for pointing that out, although the military does have jurisdiction, I rarely see a 15 and downtown court prosecution at any rank

hazard22083
06-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, although the military does have jurisdiction, I rarely see a 15 and downtown court prosecution at any rank

Airmen get 15's ALL the time for underage drinking and they DO receive 15's for DUI. now the punishment may be different...reduction in rank isnt always issued but fines or hard duty time may be a replacement for the reduction. like you said, 15's arent supposed to be released to the public , hence y you rarely see them. everyone i know that has committed one of these two offenses, SSGT and below have received reduction in rank.

here is what can be imposed on Enlisted personnel who receive Article 15's:

For Enlisted members Accused Of Misconduct

There are three types of non-judicial punishment commonly imposed.

Summary Article 15: commanders (O-3 and below) and commissioned OIC may impose:

* Restriction to specific limits (normally work, barracks, place of worship, mess hall, and medical facilities) for not more than 14 days
* Extra duties, including fatigue or other duties, for not more than 14 days
* Restriction with extra duties for not more than 14 days

Company Grade (O-3 or below) commanders may impose the above plus:

* Correctional Custody for not more than 7 days (only if accused is in the grades E-3 and below)
* Forfeiture of 7 days base pay
* Reduction by one grade, if original rank in promotion authority of imposing officer (USA/USAF E-4 and below.)
* Confinement on diminished rations or bread and water for not more than 3 days (USN/USMC E-3 and below only, and only when embarked on a vessel)
* Admonition or reprimand, either written or verbal.

Field Grade (O-4 to O-6) may impose:

* Restriction for not more than 60 days
* Extra duties for not more than 45 days
* Restriction with extra duties for not more than 45 days
* Correctional Custody for not more than 30 days (only if accused is in the grades E-3 and below)
* Forfeiture of ½ of base pay for two months
* Reduction by one grade if (USA/USAF E-6 or E-5; USMC E-5 or below; USN E-6 or below); or reduction to E-1 (USA/USAF E-4 to E-2).
* Confinement on diminished rations or bread and water for not more than 3 days (USN/USMC E-3 and below only, and only when embarked on a vessel)
* Admonition or reprimand, either written or verbal.
and Officers:
For Officers Accused of Misconduct

If the officer imposing punishment holds General Court Martial authority, or if the commanding officer of the grade O-7 or greater

* Arrest in quarters: not more than 30 days.
* Restriction to limits: not more than 60 days.
* Forfeiture of pay: not more than ½ of one month's base pay for two months. (Base pay does not include allowances or special pay.)
* Admonition or reprimand.

By Commanding Officers of the grades O-4 to O-6

* Restriction to limits: not more than 30 days.

By Commanding Officers of the grades O-1 to O-3

* Restriction to limits: not more than 15 days.

Pullinteeth
06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I agree, though I'd note if he was lower ranking, his name would be in the blotter or there would be an article about the DUI, either by him or about him. It will be handled hush hush because of his rank.

They never put names in the blotter. Rank and unit (though I would guess in this case the name would be easy to guess). Also a lot of bases don't publish the blotter anymore...

Laxman
06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
And there are a lot of senior enlisted out there with multiple Art 15s. However, you do not see scores of officers that have survived the purges with similar UIFs. So to throw some gasoline on the fire, if enlisted had the same consequences as officers for Art 15s (like probably not making rank ever again), then maybe there wouldn't be as many Art 15s for acts of retardation?

jagish51
06-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Airmen get 15's ALL the time for underage drinking and they DO receive 15's for DUI. now the punishment may be different...reduction in rank isnt always issued but fines or hard duty time may be a replacement for the reduction. like you said, 15's arent supposed to be released to the public , hence y you rarely see them. everyone i know that has committed one of these two offenses, SSGT and below have received reduction in rank.

I never said they didn't get 15's for underage drinking and DUI, what I said is this, you rarely, if EVER, see punishment by a state/federal court and an Article 15 for DUI (or any other offense where arrest was made by city/state police) and an Article 15 regardless of the rank. Prosecution in a state/federal court and prosecution in military court must be approved by SECAF(and this includes Article 15's because there is an option for the member to turn down the 15 and go to court martial instead.

So, if you are getting prosecuted downtown you most likely are going to get an LOR (which is much different than an article 15) after the adjudication of your sentence in civilian court. However, if they drop the charges in civilian court the military might take jurisdiction and prosecute.

Salty Old Dog
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
How about a nice big fat administrative demotion down to Brigadier and a retirement with no ceremony. That would be fair.

Actually, how about we take him from Major General down to Major? Doesn't really matter, though, since retirement is based more on high 3 and years in service, than from rank when retired.

You guys think that this officer is getting a good deal? Back when I was in the navy, on board an aircraft carrier, we had two brows (gang planks, if you will) to access the ship. One was for officers, one was for enlisted. The enlisted brow routinely had ship's security folks there to search packages going off and coming on board the ship. The officers NEVER had their packages searched. Why? Well, because they're officers and gentlemen, and beyond reproach, of course!

I'll give you one guess where most of the drugs and alcohol smuggled on board the ship came from.......and if you guess the enlisted brow, your first guess doesn't count! :mmph

SENDBILLMONEY
06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Actually, how about we take him from Major General down to Major? Doesn't really matter, though, since retirement is based more on high 3 and years in service, than from rank when retired.

Not true for officers. The general rule of law is that an officer's retired pay cannot be based upon a grade higher than that in which he retired. See 10 USC 1406 and 10 USC 1407. That's why Col (Ret) Fiscus and Col (Ret) Hassan (formerly Maj Gen and Brig Gen, respectively) are drawing O-6 retired pay and why 1st Lt (Ret) Murphy (formerly Col) is drawing O-2 retired pay. They don't just lose bling and a title in retirement, they lose the right to calculate retired pay on the higher grade.

Of course, they get to retire for stuff that would see us out the gate entirely. But hey, it's something.

Measure Man
08-09-2013, 06:05 PM

Not true for officers.

Actually, not true for enlisted, either. If you get demoted your retirement calculation is no longer "High 3", but changes to a "Final Pay" calculation and is based upon your new demoted rank.