PDA

View Full Version : You Know Your A Military Girlfriend When

offigal
11-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Found this online its pretty right on!!

You Know Your A Military Girlfriend When

You don't mind a phone call waking you up at 4 a.m.

You tell people that ask that he's 'only' been gone a month.

The smallest contact (short email) from your man makes your entire week!

You cry over an email that says nothing more than hi and I miss you.

You email everyone in your address book when you receive a one liner email from your Soldier.

Those recruitment commercials on TV make you cry because you are so proud!

You get super excited just knowing that your Soldier tried to call but wasn't able to get through.

Your first Military Ball you go to as your Soldier's girlfriend, your name tag says "Mrs".
Is that a self fulfilling prophecy or what?!?

A 30 second phone call after no calls from him for 3.5 months leaves you full of joy and happiness, and "No news is good news" becomes your motto.

The motto "no shore too distant " becomes your life.

You feel yourself growning more and more in love with your man even while he's so far away.

Planning letters and care packages and putting them in the mail is more exciting then going out for a night on the town with the girls.

While enjoying an evening alone together, your boyfriend shows you all the different ways he knows to kill or incapacitate a man, and then you casually continue cooking dinner as though it's perfectly normal, and you find yourself learning phrases in foreign languages from letters, and aren't surprised when you realize you know how to say, "Throw down your weapons and lay down on the ground!" in Arabic!

You hold off on seeing certain movies so you can see them with your Soldier when he comes home.

You want to roll your eyes when you hear someone say, "I havent seen my boyfriend in a week!"

You can go from being happy, to sad, to lonely, to angry, to proud, and back to happy in a matter of less than an hour, and you sleep with the phone right next to you, just in case.

If he's deployed you don't care how your hair looks nor care about wearing make-up, and the people at your work ask about your boyfriend every day to see if you've heard from him.

The sight of any other man in a uniform makes you miss your boyfriend MORE than it makes you drool, and you try to explain to civilians what your boyfriend does for a living, they give you a blank look because they don't understand a third of what you just said.

You are oceans apart and you dont notice the time difference, and talk until 5 a.m. his time, and 2 a.m. your time on a school night, and phone kisses are just as good as the real ones,well almost as good

You don't bat an eyelash when he says, "Uh, honey they changed when I'm supposed to return home, yet again for the 18th millionth time".

CVal
11-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Thanks for posting that, Jessica. Welcome!

OlSkoolRaven
11-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Coming from an old salt, that is as as cute as anything I have read in a long time. Stick in there he will be home soon.

wygirl
11-22-2009, 05:02 AM
I've seen that on the web too and bookmarked it!

CVal
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
You know you're a military girlfriend (wife, etc) when:

The two of you are out and he speaks "military" to someone, their eyes glaze over, and you translate it into "English."

wygirl
11-22-2009, 07:43 PM
LOL, CVal - good one

HoneyGirl 746
11-23-2009, 07:32 PM
OMG!!! This is AWESOME!! :) Thanks for posting... I totally went throught the "happy, to sad, to lonely, to angry, to proud, and back to happy" this morning! Uggh! I hate starting off my mornings like that!

June21
12-02-2009, 06:27 PM
This totally made me feel empowered. I miss D sooo sooo much, but this made me feel a bit better. Thanks for posting!

SailorDave
12-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Can we add "military wife" to these ??

Like, for my wife:

You know you're a military wife when:

You ask your husband how he did on his PFT and are actually disappointed when he doesn't max it out.:(

June21
12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Can we add "military wife" to these ??

Like, for my wife:

You know you're a military wife when:

You ask your husband how he did on his PFT and are actually disappointed when he doesn't max it out.:(

aawww!! lol that's so cute that she's all bummed!! What an awesome wife, but sorry you two are all disappointed. Just tell them you want a "do over" LOL

SailorDave
12-02-2009, 07:31 PM
At my age, I can do the PFT with a calendar.

June21
02-08-2010, 07:13 PM
You know you're a military SO when your hubby/BF sends you an email that contains the short sentence "Still breathing."

Sigh... That was seriously the weirdest line to read from this morning's email... Especially because all I do is wait for emails as confirmation that he's still okay. :/

caliny
02-09-2010, 12:10 AM
ditto. "I'm alive and kickin'". :rolleyes: :tongue:

offigal
02-10-2010, 03:36 AM
it has been almost two months since i talked to my man last and i just heard from him today so I hear yah on the hi babe Im still alive and kickin what a relief

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 10:22 AM
You know when you are a MGF when you are addicted to militarytimes.com; love pouring your personal life and drama on an open forum, and brag to everyone that you dating a military guy but yet dont have a clue on what the military is about. lol

Kudos to MWs (military wives, the only ones that rate in my book)!! Who are strong, always been with that long deployed serviceman through thick and thin and are in those "silent ranks".

I like to tease them but they get pissed :(

Happy Valentines Day ;)

lol

offigal
02-10-2010, 12:26 PM
you cant become a strong military wife without being a strong military girlfriend first. Food for thought :)

CVal
02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
you cant become a strong military wife without being a strong military girlfriend first. Food for thought :)

Excellent point!!

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Decent point. But myself and many other of my comrades already had the better half when we signed on the dotted line. :tongue:

so they were a strong wife then became a strong MW lol well for most lol. The best ones dont get swamped with the FRG crowd lol.

June21
02-10-2010, 07:25 PM
You know when you are a MGF when you are addicted to militarytimes.com; love pouring your personal life and drama on an open forum, and brag to everyone that you dating a military guy but yet dont have a clue on what the military is about. lol

Kudos to MWs (military wives, the only ones that rate in my book)!! Who are strong, always been with that long deployed serviceman through thick and thin and are in those "silent ranks".

I like to tease them but they get pissed :(

Happy Valentines Day ;)

lol

So... if military wives are the only ones that rate in your book then why do you spend your time in the military gf section of the forum?? Just curious...

BTW, I take it you posted this message with the intent to be hurtful (after all this post is listed in the mgf section). I wonder why?? What do you get out this??

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
So... if military wives are the only ones that rate in your book then why do you spend your time in the military gf section of the forum?? Just curious...

BTW, I take it you posted this message with the intent to be hurtful (after all this post is listed in the mgf section). I wonder why?? What do you get out this??

june cmon ok. sticks and stones.

lovingmymarine
02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
My man honestly thought he had the one when he signed on the dotted line. Unfortunately, she had different plans. He had to start over after boot camp, and 2 years later he found me.

So yes, I have to be a MGF before a MW...and I may not ever even be a MW if he decides not to reup.

But if you think the MW's don't bitch and moan, you are SO wrong. We women are just very good at hiding things when we need to.

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
excellent response marine. Yes, I know crazy MWs lol

caliny
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
INGUARD, really. Enough is enough. You've made your point that you think the women on here are verifiably crazy. There's something to be said for keeping private things private, I agree. But, you're taking it too far. There's no need to constantly slam the girls here just...because.

C'mon now. ;)

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Ma'am, who did I call out? lol

I wasnt slamming anyone. Honest.

Toodles and kisses lol

June21
02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, sticks and stones. Whatever. INGUARD, I'm not taking insult to your comments because I don't believe they apply to me. However, I just don't understand why you feel the need to be so mean. Like, what's the point??? What are you getting out of this?

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, sticks and stones. Whatever. INGUARD, I'm not taking insult to your comments because I don't believe they apply to me. However, I just don't understand why you feel the need to be so mean. Like, what's the point??? What are you getting out of this?

June, I am not being mean at all. Glance all over this forum and posters are engaging one another in various debates. People have difference of opinions. Period. Not everybody agrees on the same subject matter. When you come to a forum; you have to accept that and not whine and take things personal. That is being an adult. Personally, I think its stupid to place someone on ignore and whine to the moderator but those options are available for a reason. Forums are about many things (help, guidance, debating, belitting and fighting) and I just simply provided a harmonious, funny opinion. On the contrary, several have agreed with my views so again dont take it personal. They might even find my response humorous; you didnt. So what. Just drive on and focus on what makes you logon to this website. Nobody is a saint on this website.

I am gaining nothing except providing an outsider's insight. To someone, it might snap them out of their trance and they might thank me or tell me to take a hike like you did lol.

caliny
02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Here's the thing, your comments (for the most part) are completely unconstructive. Forums are not inherently for fighting and belittling. Yes, there are differences of opinion. If you were to come on here and say "Hey ladies, you're revealing too much personal info/blowing situation "X" out of proportion/whatever", that would be different. Plenty of the AD guys do that as do older members and it's not a problem (hell, you've seen ME go after some chicks for the same thing). But essentially telling young women that they don't rate simply because there's not a ring on their finger serves NO purpose but to make YOU look bad. Saying that, as a whole, MGFs know nothing about the military, does the same (obviously some have no clue, others know more than most would like to admit).

Keep it clean and constructive and there's no beef. But keep up the constant belittling and there will be. Simple?

imported_INGUARD
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Here's the thing, your comments (for the most part) are completely unconstructive. Forums are not inherently for fighting and belittling. Yes, there are differences of opinion. If you were to come on here and say "Hey ladies, you're revealing too much personal info/blowing situation "X" out of proportion/whatever", that would be different. Plenty of the AD guys do that as do older members and it's not a problem (hell, you've seen ME go after some chicks for the same thing). But essentially telling young women that they don't rate simply because there's not a ring on their finger serves NO purpose but to make YOU look bad. Saying that, as a whole, MGFs know nothing about the military, does the same (obviously some have no clue, others know more than most would like to admit).

Keep it clean and constructive and there's no beef. But keep up the constant belittling and there will be. Simple?

bring on the beef. I love to fight lol. But again, if you want responses tailored to your liking create your own website. the more you bitch, the more I continue. you care to look good here. you care to make lifelong friendships. I dont care and I dont care if I look bad or not. That is the difference between you and me and that is the beauty of being human. We are different.

jeez, you been a girlfriend since 2007 and not married yet? I wonder why? Or how many military men have you dated? Perhaps the problem is in the mirror than me writing colorful posts that you dont agree with.

I will write whatever the eff I want. Like it or not. Accept it or place me on ignore like your comrades. As you can see, I engage every topic on this forum.

Anyway, did you enjoy the Superbowl. lol

lovingmymarine
02-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Alright, enough with the thread jacking. I'm tired of the constant arguments with INGUARD.

You know you're a military girlfriend when a phone conversation abruptly ends with "Yes Ssgt!" and a click. Then a text later on saying, "sorry, work. Love you."

Hahaha. Oh boys. He really needs to stop calling me when he's not supposed to.

June21
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, seriously. Enough is enough. Apparently, pulling this kind of crap gives INGUARD a hard on so just let it go. lol

LMAO at LMM. Oh, man... I know what you mean. I remember when D was still home and he'd sneak a phone call. I'd be in the middle of a sentence and he'd cut me off with, "Hold on. Hold on. Yes Sir." And I'd be listening to some long conversation about where is this and who's got what and where did so and so go and my man would be firing off answers and cracking stupid jokes. There would be all kinds of military jargon flying back and forth, lots of grunting from the Serg, maybe a few laughs and I'd be with my brows all furrowed trying to follow along and then all of sudden he's back on the phone for two seconds and then another, "Hold on. Yes Sir. Okay, gotta go, talk to ya later. Bye." CLICK! and then I'd text him with something stupid like, "LOL, miss you too babe." and I would always get the same kind of response. It always went somethign like this, "lmaoz, sorry, it's all hooah right now. Gotta make the bacon."

lovingmymarine
02-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Haha. You get a hold on!? Lol. Sometimes I don't even get that. When we first started dating he really liked to mess with me because I knew nothing about the military and training and what not. One phone call went like this.

Dude- "What are you up to baby?"
Me- "Just doing some homework. How about you?"
Dude- *gunfire in backround* "Getting shot at."
Me- "WTF!?!? Get off the phone!"
Dude- "Nah, it's cool."

Obviously they were shooting blanks for training, but STILL. At the moment it freaked me the eff out! Now days, I usually just say he should probably be concentrating on his aim. Lol

His Peace Finder
02-11-2010, 01:50 AM
I love these phone calls! LMAO at my favorite call:

HIm "Hi baby. It's hot here and i'm someplace private."

Me "Why??"

[Crackle, BAM...Crackle, BAM]

Him "Oh good, they finally started rocketing."

Me (fake, weak laugh)

Him "I thought it was funny too. Love you, bye."

cerise
02-11-2010, 04:15 AM
My 2 cents: I've known military people way before I got involved in a relationship with anyone in the military. I learned about all branches from family members and friends. I continue asking my airman about what he does and the history, as much as I can. I continue learning, and am not ignorant about what goes on. I'm with him because of his personality, and not because he's in the military

MattsGirl
02-11-2010, 04:19 AM
I just got home from work and read this thread! I love it, and all the others ya'll have posted are great, and so true lol!

You know your a mgf when... your favorite 'man' to see everyday is the MAILMAN! lol

You know you're a Navy Girlfriend when you start hugging anything "naval related" and you know you have been spending to much time alone with your 'naval thoughts' when you start picking out clothes that have: ships, anchors, sailors, or the ocean on with or around them.

:)

Jenna32
02-12-2010, 01:03 AM
OMG absolutely wonderful .... I couldn't help but laugh b/c it is so true and I think that list could be added on to forever.

caliny
03-05-2010, 03:15 AM
You know you're a verifiable MGF when you use the truncated terms "dep" and "reint" in normal conversation.

stars_and_spurs
03-06-2010, 01:33 PM
You know your a MGF/Wife/Fiancee .....

You know military time and can tell what time it is half way around the world and what time it will be your time..... without blinking an eye

Watson'sDarlin
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
You know your a Sailor's Girlfriend when...

The song Squared Away Sailor makes you laugh uneasily because you KNOW that's the kind of guy your man will probably be best friends with. :P

Greg
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
You know your a Sailor's Girlfriend when...

The song Squared Away Sailor makes you laugh uneasily because you KNOW that's the kind of guy your man will probably be best friends with. :P

Ha-ha-ha, glad to know somethings never change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGNHMdXLDlx0

fastaviationdata
09-18-2013, 06:45 AM
I liked this one! Thumbs up! :)

DuckyHooah
03-07-2014, 09:32 AM
You know you're a mgf when he makes gun analogies in conversation and you think nothing of it.

Nick Johnson
08-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Very nice read, made my day.