PDA

View Full Version : Hooah

takthekak
08-13-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123162955

Hooah

Hooah (pronounced /ˈhuːˌɑː/) is a U.S. Army battle cry. It is used by US Army soldiers
"Referring to or meaning anything and everything except no."

Air Force: "Hooah," or "Hooyah" amongst PJ's

Other popular usages of hooah include:

"Heard, understood and acknowledged" (backronym as "HUA")
What to say when at a loss for words
"Good copy"
"Roger," "solid copy," "good," "great," "message received," "understood," "acknowledged"
"Glad to meet you," "welcome"
"All right!"
"Thank you"
"Go to the next slide"
"You've taken the correct action"
"Amen!"
"Outstanding!"
"That's cool" or "that's OK." As in, "That's hooah."
To motivate another soldier.
Anything and everything except "no."
"Screw You!" or "Whatever" (when directed toward a superior ranking person)

Hooah can also:
describe a hardcore soldier. As in, "He's hooah" or "She's hooah."
be used a call and response cheer, with one soldier exclaiming, "hooah!," and other soldiers responding in like.
be uttered at random and in a group in order to boost morale. One or a few soldiers will begin chanting "hooah!," and then others join in. The chant is like a pack of wolves howling together.
describe Army Rangers. As in "The hooah-hooahs."
be used as a sarcastic remark for something specific to the Army. Sometimes used sarcastically. As in, "This detail is about as hoo-ah as it gets."

Shrike
08-13-2009, 05:10 AM
I hate hooah.

takthekak
08-13-2009, 05:21 AM
I hate hooah.

damn straight...I didn't mind so much when the Army used it, but I still
cringe when I here someone in the AF use it. I never have and never
will say it...I just laugh a bit when I hear about Joint/warrior/battle rattle/JET/etc

BISSBOSS
08-13-2009, 05:29 AM
I hate hooah.

Better Hoo-ah than "Air-Power!"

I remember that one... I'm a Hoo-ah kinda guy. It really can be used for everything except no!

Just my two cents.

-BB-

sigecaps
08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm currently on a JET tasking. I've learned to spit hooah out at everything. :P

usafdrew
08-13-2009, 08:57 AM
They forced us to say it every few minutes in Army CST or the class would not proceed :thumbdown

CrustySMSgt
08-13-2009, 09:00 AM

I remember that one... I'm a Hoo-ah kinda guy. It really can be used for everything except no!

Just my two cents.

-BB-

I'm glad I was never anywhere "airpower" started to catch on... that's just plain silly.

I'll admit to being guilty of substituting hua for random words as often as I can... lol

technomage1
08-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I really haven't used this since Basic. Oh, a few commanders here and there liked it so we used it then. I can't say as if I care one way or another, really.

Shrike
08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
They forced us to say it every few minutes in Army CST or the class would not proceed :thumbdown

Then the class would not have proceeded.

Joca
08-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Just my two cents.

-BB-

When I was in tech school, some over-zealous ropes decided they could shorten "AIR POWERRR" to "AIRP!"

Yeah. It made us look real cool with the other services :cool:

BadHairCut
08-13-2009, 11:03 AM
I occasionally squeeze out a 'hooah' while sittin' on the crapper.

golfer55
08-13-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm going to CST in Nov. Guess we won't be proceeding very much because I won't be saying it. Wait...I take that back. I'll say it if the grunt CST instructors say "THE AIR FORCE IS NEETO" everytime we say hooah.

JTAC_Sean
08-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Allow me to enlighten everyone (as I work with the Army everyday of my life) as to the true meaning of "Hooah."

"Hooah" really means "I'm too fucking stupid or moronic to come up with actual words to say, so I will grunt something and hope that it makes you happy."

I detest "hooah." I refuse to say "hooah." And I loose just a bit of respect for someone each and everytime they mutter the word.

ringjamesa
08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Whenever anyone gives you a Hooah...as a question in which they are expecting a hooah in response, it is your RESPONSIBILITY as an AF member to respond with an enthusiastic..

Jacuzzi !!!!

JTAC_Sean
08-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Whenever anyone gives you a Hooah...as a question in which they are expecting a hooah in response, it is your RESPONSIBILITY as an AF member to respond with an enthusiastic..

Jacuzzi !!!

Please don't do this. We really don't need to give the other branches even more reason to mock the Air Force.

Michaep
08-13-2009, 05:03 PM
HUA and Roger That....used daily in SF

Doesn't really matter if it's liked or not

But...finance personnel have no reason to say it

Okie
08-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I detest "hooah." I refuse to say "hooah." And I loose just a bit of respect for someone each and every time they mutter the word.

Amen, brother!

Kegler
08-14-2009, 01:27 AM

They have a reason if they dont actually screw up your pay......which means they cant say it often since the finance centralization. I deal with more pay problems with my troops...ummm Airmen....since this happened!

Nodhmo
08-14-2009, 06:27 AM
When at a Commanders call and they start the hooah after every other statement I just sit there and count the minutes till I can get back to my house and drink another beer.

Shrike
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
When at a Commanders call and they start the hooah after every other statement I just sit there and count the minutes till I can get back to my house and drink another beer.

I do about the same, augmented with shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

technomage1
08-14-2009, 09:03 AM

I wasn't aware there were any finance personnel left! :tongue:

ART
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Who the hell came up with "OOOOORAH!!!!"? :rolleyes:

I've seen that one gaining traction lately.

Your_Name_Here
08-14-2009, 12:23 PM
When I was in tech school, some over-zealous ropes decided they could shorten "AIR POWERRR" to "AIRP!"

O
M
F
G

*throws up in mouth a little--at BOTH!!!*:eek: :rolleyes:

ringjamesa
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Anyone else notice that the muscles you use to say...hoorah are the same muscles that contract viloently when you are puking?

imported_Yggdrasil
08-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Who the hell came up with "OOOOORAH!!!!"? :rolleyes:

I've seen that one gaining traction lately.

"Oo RAH" is used in the Marine Corps. It's also used by well intentioned, but misinformed, Sailors - in the Navy, it's "HOO Yah!" (Accented syllables capitalized on both).

Others are:

Semper Fi(delis) [Always Faithful] - Marine Corps
Semper Fortis [Always Brave] - Navy
Semper Paratus [Always Ready] - Coast Guard

Shrike
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
"Oo RAH" is used in the Marine Corps. It's also used by well intentioned, but misinformed, Sailors - in the Navy, it's "HOO Yah!" (Accented syllables capitalized on both).

Others are:

The USAF needs a "Semper"-based motto. I nominate Semper Madidus (can also be stated as Semper Crapula).

imported_Seasons
08-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Others are:

I thought it was:

Semper Iratus - Marine Corps
Semper Umidus - Navy
Semper ...ok, couldn't think of a good one for the Coast Guard.
Just poking some fun.

AF could be Semper Taedium ;)

imported_kvnhlstd
08-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Oo Rah... This was the term we were mandated to use in Law enforcement Tech School. It is a Marine Corp term, hence 5 of my 6 instructors were Marine MP's, for years the Air Force law Enforcement academy was a joint AF/Marine MP academy... to this day most Law Enforcement trained SF guys still have a little OoRah in them.

BRUWIN
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM

I hate when people assume shit. I know a finance guy (SMSgt, now recently retired) that has probably been "outside the wire" and dealt with the Army more than a lot of folks here. His job...on several deployments...carry hard currency (up to hundreds of thousands) directly whoever we were dealing with. He told me he felt some of it was outright bribe money but his job was to carry it wherever it needed to go.

I also know several people from contracting...a lot of ignorant people assume these folks are like finance and never deploy. However, they are one of the most deployed AFSCs around. And one of my buddies in contracting...along with several others...ended up having to outrun insurgents in Mosul when they were targeted and significantly outnumbered. It was a hair raising story.

Yep....people just need to shut up and quit assuming shit.

smarg
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM

To hell with those Abu Ghraibs. :D

imported_kvnhlstd
08-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I hate when people assume shit. I know a finance guy (SMSgt, now recently retired) that has probably been "outside the wire" and dealt with the Army more than a lot of folks here. His job...on several deployments...carry hard currency (up to hundreds of thousands) directly whoever we were dealing with. He told me he felt some of it was outright bribe money but his job was to carry it wherever it needed to go.

I also know several people from contracting...a lot of ignorant people assume these folks are like finance and never deploy. However, they are one of the most deployed AFSCs around. And one of my buddies in contracting...along with several others...ended up having to outrun insurgents in Mosul when they were targeted and significantly outnumbered. It was a hair raising story.

Unless you have pictures...It didn't happen "kidding"

Its not that most of AF does not deploy, its that for most AFSC's all they see is a Flightline or different variations of wall murals. I have met guys that have deployed to the desert and never set foot outside the perimeter on a 180 day TDY.

Your_Name_Here
08-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Its not that most of AF does not deploy, its that for most AFSC's all they see is a Flightline or different variations of wall murals. I have met guys that have deployed to the desert and never set foot outside the perimeter on a 180 day TDY.

Well, what exactly do you expect, if such individuals aren't authorized to BE outside the perimeter? A number of AFSC's are perfectly able to do what they have to do inside, and simply have no cause to go outside there. I don't think that's anyone's fault. Might be a different story if, perhaps, an equal opportunity to volunteer to go outside the wire existed--THEN those who never raise their hand could be rightfully viewed with suspicion.

Bael
08-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I hate hooah.

Quoted for emphasis (because QFE is too short to be an acceptable comment).

MACHINE666
08-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Quoted for emphasis (because QFE is too short to be an acceptable comment).

I think it's pronounced "Queef" if I'm not mistaken......

:D

Shrike
08-15-2009, 07:24 AM

That's because the VAST majority of the USAF has no business being there.

Bael
08-15-2009, 12:33 PM
I think it's pronounced "Queef" if I'm not mistaken......

el ol el :cool:

JTAC_Sean
08-15-2009, 12:49 PM
That's because the VAST majority of the USAF has no business being there.

Shrike speaks nothing but the truth here.

MACHINE666
08-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Shrike speaks nothing but the truth here.

Shrike is the only voice of reason I have come to trust on this message board (with apologies to Measure Man).

Shrike
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Shrike is the only voice of reason I have come to trust on this message board (with apologies to Measure Man).

Aw man, now you've gone and made me blush! :D

fufu
08-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Amen, brother!

http://www.callawayunitedway.com/Wrestling/Wrestl14.jpg

Everytime somebody says brother, I can't help but think of the Macho Man.

I worked for a guy that said "brother" all the time. One day he left his computer unlocked, I changed his email notification to a audio clip of Macho Man saying, "Ya brother".....it was hilarious everytime he got a new email.

loader67
08-16-2009, 03:30 AM
I refuse to say Hooah. If I wanted to run around saying that shit I would have stayed Army. Didn't need that crap when I first came, don't need it now. It's just said by a bunch of wanna be army people. When I hear an airman say Hooah, I throw up a little.

BTDTNM
08-16-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't do hooah. I won't allow anyone working for me to use it either. It belongs to the Army and it is disrespectful to the Army to steal their dumb ass response to everything.

STLcards
08-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Army says hooah..Marines say Hoorah...hooah is just hoorah with a dick in the mouth

JTAC_Sean
08-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Army says hooah..Marines say Hoorah...hooah is just hoorah with a dick in the mouth

Both of which are just grunts that people make when they're too dumb to use actual words as a response.

I know plenty of Marines and Soldiers that say neither. They choose to use actual words.

imported_Yggdrasil
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
First time I ever heard "hooah," Steve Winwood was saying it.

"Bring me a higher love, hooah!"

Seriously, though - why does it appear that, of all the services, Air Force personnel take more issue with "hooah" than anyone else?

NRTrackChamp2004
08-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Marines actually say "ooh-rah".

And I'm one of them. I don't over use it though, like a lot of people, especially officers for some reason. I was walking outside yesterday, walked past an officer, I saluted, and he saluted back with an "ooh-rah", I proceeded to give him the greeting of the day "Good Afternoon Sir." And he replied back to me with another "ooh-rah".

STLcards
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Yea my uncle is one of the marines that says it. My bad i knew they pronounced it without the H but i thought it was spelled with it. Kinda like Marines and Army the way they pronounce Sergeant. They dont pronounce it the way it is spelled.

WPNS
08-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Allow me to enlighten everyone (as I work with the Army everyday of my life) as to the true meaning of "Hooah."

"Hooah" really means "I'm too fucking stupid or moronic to come up with actual words to say, so I will grunt something and hope that it makes you happy."

I detest "hooah." I refuse to say "hooah." And I loose just a bit of respect for someone each and everytime they mutter the word.

Now that was some funny shit there!!!! Hooooooo-aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiittttttttttt tt, we are surely fucked now!!!

WPNS
08-18-2009, 08:40 PM

roger that? what are you fuckin pilots now? copy, over and out!!!

WPNS
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Why don't you take your OWN advice and shut up??? These retards deploy because they have no JOB at home station!!!! but no seriously, shut up

imported_Yggdrasil
08-18-2009, 09:12 PM
These retards deploy because they have no JOB at home station!!!!

Unless we're bombing our own cities and shooting down American passenger planes, the same can be said about you - I suppose this makes you a retard.

WPNS
08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
How do you figure dumbass? we are dropping bombs on towelheads every week over there, protecting the "finance" guys who are outside the wire playing war!!!

WPNS
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
8/17/2009 - KUNAR PROVINCE, Afghanistan (AFNS) -- A U.S. Army Soldier watches as Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles destroy insurgent positions with a bomb after a 20 minute gun battle in the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan's Kunar Province Aug. 13. U.S. servicemembers from Company B, 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, routinely engage insurgents in the volatile valley. International Security Assistance Force troops across Afghanistan have increased operations in recent months, in order to ensure safety and security during Afghanistan's second national election, scheduled for the end of August.

hmmmmm, wonder if these were NAVY F-15E's?? nope didn't think so.... do you think these fighters took off from the U.S. to bomb these positions? no, we have a JOB to do over there, and we do the same job we do at homestation, we don't play Army.... we play AIR FORCE!!! ooooorraaah that clown shoes

imported_Yggdrasil
08-18-2009, 09:27 PM
How do you figure dumbass? we are dropping bombs on towelheads every week over there, protecting the "finance" guys who are outside the wire playing war!!!

Okay, son - I'm going to say this slooooooowwwwww so that even you can understand.

You said that finance guys have no job in the states, and that they have to deploy in order to do their jobs. I said that unless we are bombing our own cities (that's cities in the US, if you don't know what I mean by "our own cities") and shooting down American passenger planes (that is, planes owned by airlines based in the US that carry American passengers - in case you didn't know), then you don't have a job here in the US.

And then you tried to DISPROVE that by saying what you're doing overseas?

Good Lord, son - if you want to put down those in finance, you might want to keep in mind that you're not making those in weapons look very bright.

sweatyAZ
08-19-2009, 01:26 AM
we got told to quit saying "hua" at our first day in tech school. they said "its an army term, we are smarter then that" so whatever. however, it is hilarious when some new supervision guy comes in and doesnt know we don't say it (cept weapons). gives his entire speach then singles out specs and says "hua" and looks at us expecting a return throw up sound. i usually feel bad for the guy so i'll give a "wooo" every now and then. ofcourse they get told later we don't say it, but i've noticed that they never warn the new guy, guess it's a supervision joke or something.

takthekak
08-19-2009, 02:08 AM
I was just about to feel pretty good with all the jointness on the posts of this thread
from our brothers in the Marines and Army, but now it seems to take a downturn. Oh well
that Jointness shit was talked up pretty big a few years ago and we can barely work together
in the AF, let alone getting all purple...
Anyways, of all the people I work with, there's 1 guy, just one young SSgt, who still says
Hoah and I freakin cringe everytime I hear it and noone ever returns it. He keeps on doing
it, for God knows what reason. Maybe it will save his life one day...probably not...
Another good sign of the best workers - top PT score, says Hoah all f-ing day...don't think so!

BRUWIN
08-19-2009, 03:20 AM
8/17/2009 - KUNAR PROVINCE, Afghanistan (AFNS) -- A U.S. Army Soldier watches as Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles destroy insurgent positions with a bomb after a 20 minute gun battle in the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan's Kunar Province Aug. 13. U.S. servicemembers from Company B, 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, routinely engage insurgents in the volatile valley. International Security Assistance Force troops across Afghanistan have increased operations in recent months, in order to ensure safety and security during Afghanistan's second national election, scheduled for the end of August.

hmmmmm, wonder if these were NAVY F-15E's?? nope didn't think so.... do you think these fighters took off from the U.S. to bomb these positions? no, we have a JOB to do over there, and we do the same job we do at homestation, we don't play Army.... we play AIR FORCE!!! ooooorraaah that clown shoes

You're so brave....loading those big weapons and watching those big jets take off into harm's way while you sit back in the truck playing fart games with the rest of your buddies. I just can't say enough about how brave you guys are.

fufu
08-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Some DB first shirt said this today...... I said, "did that tool seriously just say that?"

WPNS
08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Okay, son - I'm going to say this slooooooowwwwww so that even you can understand.

You said that finance guys have no job in the states, and that they have to deploy in order to do their jobs. I said that unless we are bombing our own cities (that's cities in the US, if you don't know what I mean by "our own cities") and shooting down American passenger planes (that is, planes owned by airlines based in the US that carry American passengers - in case you didn't know), then you don't have a job here in the US.

Good Lord, son - if you want to put down those in finance, you might want to keep in mind that you're not making those in weapons look very bright.

uh, you make NO sense at all, why are you bringing up 9/11 shit?

Shrike
08-19-2009, 02:58 PM

It made perfect sense to me.

imported_Seasons
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
It made perfect sense to me.

Same here.

WPNS: What combat role do you (or pilots) perform stateside? What "real job"?

imported_Yggdrasil
08-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Are you stupid, or are you trying to play games? Or both?

Your_Name_Here
08-19-2009, 03:48 PM

LMAO!

Hey Yggdrasil,

Perhaps the child you had proofread your post for comprehension, still left it beyond WPNS' abilities. Try again with a preschooler.

And WPNS--PLEASE tell me you're joking about your not understanding the post above... PLEASE? If not, I suggest you quit while you're behind.

CP0W3RZ
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM

I would just like to take a moment as a non Weapons troop (Airman for you hua people), and honestly say that this guy isn't your typical weapons troop. My wife is a prior weapons troop who loaded on F15E's at Seymour, and her friends and her are not complete retards such as this tool. Finance has a job, dont kow about you guys but I like getting paid and when i don't I like to be able to talk to somebody to get me my money. MPF has a job, hell I'm outprocessing right now and I like being able to go to someone who has an F'n idea of how to do all this paperless Air Force outprocessing crap (thumbs up to whoever came up with that idea). Some people go outside the wire (<--this guy), some people don't. Who really cares......

WPNS, please do us, yourself, and every weapons troop in the Air Force a favor, delete your account on this forum and go stand behind an AWACS. Thanks.

BRUWIN
08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Same here.

While stateside he performs in the role of douche. Overseas it ain't much different for him,. Weapons troops are no closer to combat than most other parts of the Air Force that are over there with him. He may be outside and stand close to an airplane that will eventually drop weapons a great deal away from the base, I can walk right outside my office and stand next to airplane too, but that doesn't mean we're in a combat role. In fact...sometimes I'll hop on a chopper and be closer to any action than this guy....but I don't go around screaming I'm GI Joe like this douche.

Smokinbbl
08-19-2009, 07:14 PM
While stateside he performs in the role of douche. Overseas it ain't much different for him,. Weapons troops are no closer to combat than most other parts of the Air Force that are over there with him. He may be outside and stand close to an airplane that will eventually drop weapons a great deal away from the base, I can walk right outside my office and stand next to airplane too, but that doesn't mean we're in a combat role. In fact...sometimes I'll hop on a chopper and be closer to any action than this guy....but I don't go around screaming I'm GI Joe like this douche.

Not all weapons pukes are like this..as I am sure there are some asses in your field. most weapons people just like the job, like being around explosives, and computer systems. and I like it because I am not tied down to one jet, or even the flight line for that matter..

You will never meet a weapons troop that doesnt like beer, and boobs, and will never back down a challenge... Even the Women!

Shrike
08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Not all weapons pukes are like this..as I am sure there are some asses in your field. most weapons people just like the job, like being around explosives, and computer systems. and I like it because I am not tied down to one jet, or even the flight line for that matter..

You will never meet a weapons troop that doesnt like beer, and boobs, and will never back down a challenge... Even the Women!

The women like boobs? Wait, I'm not supposed to ask that...

;)

BRUWIN
08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I am sure there are some asses in your field.

Some would argue I'm one of them....but don't listen to them.

Michaep
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I scream, you scream, we all scream for HUA...scream

hua hooah oohrah hooyah

.....or not

Shrike
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Some would argue I'm one of them....but don't listen to them.

Yeah, they're a bunch of asses. :D

Variable Wind
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
You're so brave....loading those big weapons and watching those big jets take off into harm's way while you sit back in the truck playing fart games with the rest of your buddies. I just can't say enough about how brave you guys are.

Thank you. This FARP guy is a TOOL!

WPNS
08-19-2009, 08:20 PM

and your point is?????? Gee, I didn't know that actually doing MY job I do day in and day out every day was such a bad thing, MY BAD!!! I guess I should crosstrain into base training or something so that I may be "special" enough to go OTW?????? once again, you prove how stupid an E-9 like you actually is, and more than likely, you're ruining some shop with your idiotic mentality

WPNS
08-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Same here.

Well, for one, we do the job we train to do EVERYDAY, that is to put WPNS on target to save financiers on the ground carrying loads of cash around on them. Do you ACTUALLY think that on a day to day basis stateside, jets don't fly and pilots don't drop practice bombs? Just because they are not live munitions, does not mean we still don't do the same job idiots.

Variable Wind
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Well, for one, we do the job we train to do EVERYDAY, that is to put WPNS on target to save financiers on the ground carrying loads of cash around on them. Do you ACTUALLY think that on a day to day basis stateside, jets don't fly and pilots don't drop practice bombs? Just because they are not live munitions, does not mean we still don't do the same job idiots.

Do you think you dont get paid stateside either?

CP0W3RZ
08-19-2009, 08:29 PM
and your point is?????? Gee, I didn't know that actually doing MY job I do day in and day out every day was such a bad thing, MY BAD!!! I guess I should crosstrain into base training or something so that I may be "special" enough to go OTW?????? once again, you prove how stupid an E-9 like you actually is, and more than likely, you're ruining some shop with your idiotic mentality

Easy there hot rod, just because you can say whatever you want on an anonymous forum doesn't mean you should. You started this debate, you spoke your mind (as painful as it was for the rest of us), and now your getting hammered for it. That's the way it rolls, if you show your ass sometimes someone will stick a boot in it. I would love to see what you would do if you and this Chief (E-9 is a harsh word, left to only those who deserve it) were to meet face to face. I doubt your nuts would be as big as they are in this forum.

WPNS
08-19-2009, 08:40 PM

LOL, I love gettin a rise out of you people!!! But really though, how the hell do you just do hop on a chopper whenever the fuck you feel like it? what fuckin world are you livin in????? You must be that single Warrant Officer I've been hearin about in this man's AF!!!!! you go dummy!!!

WPNS
08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Do you think you dont get paid stateside either?

Come on now, are you ALL this fucking dumb? I don't know about you, but my paycheck comes directly from DFAS, not my local finance A1C that knows dick-shit about paychecks..... and how many civilains are up there running the DFAS????

the point being, if you aren't in the Army, quit saying HOOOOOOORRRRAAAHHHHH, which is the ORIGINAL point of this tread!!!

imported_Seasons
08-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Come on now, are you ALL this fucking dumb? I don't know about you, but my paycheck comes directly from DFAS, not my local finance A1C that knows dick-shit about paychecks..... and how many civilains are up there running the DFAS????

the point being, if you aren't in the Army, quit saying HOOOOOOORRRRAAAHHHHH, which is the ORIGINAL point of this tread!!!

The point being, you're an unimaginative dipshit with ego problems (brought about by envy), who thinks he's oh so big and tough and thinks he's the only one doing a job worth anything. So tell me, you fly or load everyday? Uh huh...and the people who manage the contracts that get you those bombs, that fuel? The engineers who go out into the live zone to try and fix shit? So, they don't do their jobs at home?

I can think of several guys in admin and finance who could kick your ass and make you come back begging for more. Outside the wire deployments that they volunteered for, ILO positions with Army or Marines, etc.

Little man thinks he's so big. Don't make me laugh.

CP0W3RZ
08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
And by the way hua, in my opinion, is an irritating response to a question. I'm an instructor at the Security Forces tech school, and this is "the" response for everything. Sad I know, but believe me there are some of us SF guys that hate this word as much as the rest of you. When I ask a question in one of my classes I have the troops answer "yes/no Sgt". Just doing my part to teach the younger generation to not sound like retarded Airman. You all can thank me with money.

sweatyAZ
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM

trust me, not exactly that hard to do. there are exceptions to the rule however, several people on here seem to be to smart for that job. when there is only one job that requires a lower absvab score then yours, don't get to pissed if people think your slow before they get to know you.

BRUWIN
08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
LOL, I love gettin a rise out of you people!!! But really though, how the hell do you just do hop on a chopper whenever the fuck you feel like it?

And that's how little you know about what other AFSCs do. Last time I was in theater I had troops in seven different FOB locations and traveled often and when I felt it neccessary. You are in a nutshell....a dumbass. You go dumbass.

BRUWIN
08-20-2009, 02:41 AM
and your point is?????? Gee, I didn't know that actually doing MY job I do day in and day out every day was such a bad thing, MY BAD!!!

It's not bad...you just tend to overemphasis your importance. It's not rocket science, it's not pararescue, or some other combat focused job. You load bombs onto an airplane and maybe perform some weapons sytem related maintenance. You are no more, or less, important than anybody else. You work no harder...or no less...than anybody else. You are a bomb loader and you're a dime a dozen. There's a million of you guys out there...you are not special.

Never mind. I'm begining to realize I'm just wasting my time. Nice talking to you.

sweatyAZ
08-20-2009, 03:06 AM
It's not bad...you just tend to overemphasis your importance. It's not rocket science, it's not pararescue, or some other combat focused job. You load bombs onto an airplane and maybe perform some weapons sytem related maintenance. You are no more, or less, important than anybody else. You work no harder...or no less...than anybody else. You are a bomb loader and you're a dime a dozen. There's a million of you guys out there...you are not special.

Never mind. I'm begining to realize I'm just wasting my time. Nice talking to you.

you forgot to mention that they have to work in groups of three. if one man is missing they pull the union card and sit in the break room all shift watching t.v. which is about a couple hours more of t.v. watching then usual. reconfigs then good night for them for the most part. unless they have to come tell specs that they broke another matrix trying to install/remove a gun or something. oh yeah, my favorite is when they take credit for the bombs hitting the target. did you fly the jet there? did you put "the thing on the thing" (pilot lingo for those who don't know)? did they make sure the targeting systems were accurate? hell f-ing no you didnt.

BRUWIN
08-20-2009, 03:17 AM
you forgot to mention that they have to work in groups of three. if one man is missing they pull the union card and sit in the break room all shift watching t.v. which is about a couple hours more of t.v. watching then usual. reconfigs then good night for them for the most part. unless they have to come tell specs that they broke another matrix trying to install/remove a gun or something. oh yeah, my favorite is when they take credit for the bombs hitting the target. did you fly the jet there? did you put "the thing on the thing" (pilot lingo for those who don't know)? did they make sure the targeting systems were accurate? hell f-ing no you didnt.

Yeah...i feel bad you gotta walk on the same concrete as that idiot. You gotta to be pulling your hair out if they're all like him.

sweatyAZ
08-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Yeah...i feel bad you gotta walk on the same concrete as that idiot. You gotta to be pulling your hair out if they're all like him.

most are, like i said there are some exceptions. usually if you want them out of the way you throw them some sort of ball and they will be occupied for hours. not with the ball because they are terrible at sports, but they will tell stories of their third string positions in high school like they were heroes or something.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Ok, I know I'm going to get some bricks thrown over this, but I actually say Hua. Not Hooah, but Hua. The proper way it's supposed to be spelled and I only use it as a proper response to an order.

I too, hate the catch all "HOOAH" as an answer to everything and as a motivational cry, and hate people who say Hooah? After everything they say to get a HOOAH! response from everyone in the audience.

BUT, when told to do something by a superior, I will say "Hua" as Heard. Understood. Acknowledged. As opposed to, "It will be done." I also say "Roger."

Examples: "Sergeant I need you to ensure X is accomplished no later than H Hour D Day."
"Hua."

"Sergeant, Airman Snuffy failed his PT Test, and for the time being he's going to be working with you. (Read: We failed to keep Airman Snuffy in shape and are giving him to you because we know you actually do PT, so we are giving him to you to pawn our problems off on you, and if you don't get him back in shape for us we are going to blame his failure on you.)"
"Hua."

And I don't shout it, it's just a low monotone "Hua" damn near a grunt. To me it's just a short way of ending a conversation with a statement of understanding. I also say it in response to mandatory bullshit orders such as:
"Sergeant, I'm afraid I have some bad news but it's really a compliment to your character as an NCO (mandatory butter my ass before you rape it opening line), we have a tasking coming up that's going to require someone to work the weekend, and since you're definitely one of our best (sure, but also the second lowest on the totem pole, and the low man is a shitbag NCO and worthless, so fuck the guy that does his job right?) we know we can trust you to ensure this is accomplished..."
"Hua." (Read: Substitute for God damn I hate you fucks.)

BRUWIN
08-20-2009, 03:29 AM
most are, like i said there are some exceptions. usually if you want them out of the way you throw them some sort of ball and they will be occupied for hours. not with the ball because they are terrible at sports, but they will tell stories of their third string positions in high school like they were heroes or something.

LOL...graduates of the Polk High Football Team eh? Ammo has a lot of those types too. Weapons guys used to kill me with some of thier crap. Don't ever throw them a curve ball....telling to do something not covered in checklist could really get them running in a panic.

sweatyAZ
08-20-2009, 03:32 AM
LOL...graduates of the Polk High Football Team eh? Ammo has a lot of those types too. Weapons guys used to kill me with some of thier crap. Don't ever throw them a curve ball....telling to do something not covered in checklist could really get them running in a panic.

what always made me laugh is weapons will talk about ammo like they are the dumbest people on earth. i always sit there wondering if they know they are the butt of that joke to 98% of the AF.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 03:34 AM

I like to make subtly mock the alleged high school heroes with:
"Yeah my high school football team went to the state championship my senior year..."
Then they ask, "Oh cool what position did you play?"
"I didn't."

I played sports all through, and was pretty good, but I was small, I played football at small high schools, then I moved to a huge school and the guys were already college sized. I was a linebacker and the QB at this school had about 35 pounds on me. I was Rudy, without the playing time.

BRUWIN
08-20-2009, 03:38 AM
what always made me laugh is weapons will talk about ammo like they are the dumbest people on earth. i always sit there wondering if they know they are the butt of that joke to 98% of the AF.

Yeah...during Desert Storm us specialist that weren't busy on a particular day had to go to the bomb dump and help Ammo and Weapons troops build bombs. It was mind numbing work. I learned in two days what they learned in like six weeks of tech school. And the funny thing was....while we specialists were learning and doing, the Ammo troops only inspected and played grab ass most of the time.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 03:39 AM
I thought cops were the brunt of 98% of the Air Force's dumb jokes. :o

Looks like our title's been stripped from us! I'll have to brief my Airmen to act with less intelligence from now on.
NO ONE STEALS FROM US! :mad:

sweatyAZ
08-20-2009, 03:50 AM
I thought cops were the brunt of 98% of the Air Force's dumb jokes. :o

Looks like our title's been stripped from us! I'll have to brief my Airmen to act with less intelligence from now on.
NO ONE STEALS FROM US! :mad:

not exactly the cops fault when AF leadership throws just about everyone who comes through the door into that AFSC if they don't get a garunteed job before basic. we are army jr. now after all.

k, finished with new sig.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 04:10 AM
k, finished with new sig.

Reminds me of a great t-shirt i saw of the classic uncle sam picture but it said,
"YOU'RE STOP LOSSED MOTHER F*****R PLAY WITH YOUR KIDS WHEN THE WAR'S OVER!"

It was a highly disgruntled ex Marine wearing it.

sweatyAZ
08-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Reminds me of a great t-shirt i saw of the classic uncle sam picture but it said,
"YOU'RE STOP LOSSED MOTHER F*****R PLAY WITH YOUR KIDS WHEN THE WAR'S OVER!"

It was a highly disgruntled ex Marine wearing it.

haha thats awsome, i need to find a pic of that for my background on my comp at work.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 04:47 AM
haha thats awsome, i need to find a pic of that for my background on my comp at work.

Mine is the toilet paper dispenser in a dirty AOR port-a-john with "re-enlistment papers" written on it. :D

WarBird
08-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Mine is the toilet paper dispenser in a dirty AOR port-a-john with "re-enlistment papers" written on it. :D

That's awesome! Where did you find it and/or could you post it here? I'd love to have that as my background on my laptop.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 05:35 AM
That's awesome! Where did you find it and/or could you post it here? I'd love to have that as my background on my laptop.

There's only one place to find said graffiti: A Security Forces Port-a-John. I'll have to pull it off my external, but I will gladly post it. The best laughs and greatest words of wisdom of my career have often come from port-a-john's primarily used by security forces haha and I've documented many of these photographically (such as the one in question). I should publish a book of them. :D

Later it was ammended to read: Don't forget to sign your re-enlistment papers
But I don't have a picture of it after it was altered.

WarBird
08-20-2009, 06:05 AM
There's only one place to find said graffiti: A Security Forces Port-a-John. I'll have to pull it off my external, but I will gladly post it. The best laughs and greatest words of wisdom of my career have often come from port-a-john's primarily used by security forces haha and I've documented many of these photographically (such as the one in question). I should publish a book of them. :D

Later it was ammended to read: Don't forget to sign your re-enlistment papers
But I don't have a picture of it after it was altered.

Wait, you mean you actually saw that written on some TP in a dirty port-a-john? And then had the presence of mind to photograph it?

I think I just pee'd myself a little laughing so hard. :eek:

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Wait, you mean you actually saw that written on some TP in a dirty port-a-john? And then had the presence of mind to photograph it?

I think I just pee'd myself a little laughing so hard. :eek:

Yes. :D Some people are combat camermen, I'm a "Port-a-John Philosophy Cameraman"

Variable Wind
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM

DFAS doesnt fill out any financial paperwork at company, battalion or even division level if I remember correctly. But of course, I need a finance guy making sure I get paid a WHOLE lot more than some FARP punk to rearm and refuel my bird. I can and have done that job myself and its not really that hard.

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Here you go, buddy. :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh57/EpicFailRabbit/DSC01856.jpg

TJMAC77SP
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM

"AIRP" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy Shyte................

I know this post is OBE but I just got around to this thread and read that........WOW!

TJMAC77SP
08-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok, I know I'm going to get some bricks thrown over this, but I actually say Hua. Not Hooah, but Hua. The proper way it's supposed to be spelled and I only use it as a proper response to an order.

I too, hate the catch all "HOOAH" as an answer to everything and as a motivational cry, and hate people who say Hooah? After everything they say to get a HOOAH! response from everyone in the audience.

BUT, when told to do something by a superior, I will say "Hua" as Heard. Understood. Acknowledged. As opposed to, "It will be done." I also say "Roger."

Examples: "Sergeant I need you to ensure X is accomplished no later than H Hour D Day."
"Hua."

"Sergeant, Airman Snuffy failed his PT Test, and for the time being he's going to be working with you. (Read: We failed to keep Airman Snuffy in shape and are giving him to you because we know you actually do PT, so we are giving him to you to pawn our problems off on you, and if you don't get him back in shape for us we are going to blame his failure on you.)"
"Hua."

And I don't shout it, it's just a low monotone "Hua" damn near a grunt. To me it's just a short way of ending a conversation with a statement of understanding. I also say it in response to mandatory bullshit orders such as:
"Sergeant, I'm afraid I have some bad news but it's really a compliment to your character as an NCO (mandatory butter my ass before you rape it opening line), we have a tasking coming up that's going to require someone to work the weekend, and since you're definitely one of our best (sure, but also the second lowest on the totem pole, and the low man is a shitbag NCO and worthless, so fuck the guy that does his job right?) we know we can trust you to ensure this is accomplished..."
"Hua." (Read: Substitute for God damn I hate you fucks.)

If you have ever worked with Rangers you learn to speak Hooah, or Hua (however you want to spell it). They don't just use it in casual conversation. They used it in mission briefs, patrol order briefs, after action briefs....in every conversation in every way possible. Almost a separate English dialect. Much more so than AF career fields. (although cops give it a good go)

takthekak
08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
If you have ever worked with Rangers you learn to speak Hooah, or Hua (however you want to spell it). They don't just use it in casual conversation. They used it in mission briefs, patrol order briefs, after action briefs....in every conversation in every way possible. Almost a separate English dialect. Much more so than AF career fields. (although cops give it a good go)

You ever dealt with people who tell you "Your a Great American" ?

AMMO722
08-20-2009, 06:35 PM

Ow.....feelings......hurted....I looked up to you.....you were one of the greats....all the legends...like sigecaps...and shrike....and silver fox.......now....you had to....pick..on....me.... :(......WAHHH!!!!!!
(I was the 3rd string QB on my high school team....I-R-O-N-Y)

hey wait a sec....hua....hooah....oorah....HEY GUYS! THE AIR FORCE CAN HAVE WAHHH!!!!

Silver Fox
08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Ow.....feelings......hurted....I looked up to you.....you were one of the greats....all the legends...like sigecaps...and shrike....and silver fox.......now....you had to....pick..on....me.... :(......WAHHH!!!!!!

hey wait a sec....hua....hooah....oorah....HEY GUYS! THE AIR FORCE CAN HAVE WAHHH!!!!

I'm lovin' it. I think I'm going to start saying it at Commander's calls.

"Wah!"

Personally, I would have nominated "Dee dee dee!"

CP0W3RZ
08-21-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm lovin' it. I think I'm going to start saying it at Commander's calls.

"Wah!"

Personally, I would have nominated "Dee dee dee!"

Agreed but at some point you know you would have that Citadel graduating Lt that would be all "dee de Dee stands for Dedication, Desire, Determination Hua!"

Silver Fox
08-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Agreed but at some point you know you would have that Citadel graduating Lt that would be all "dee de Dee stands for Dedication, Desire, Determination Hua!"

How about damn dumb and desperate?

RobotChicken
08-23-2013, 05:06 AM

:spy i LIKE the way you post!/(was no quartback on any T-E-A-M)

jondstewart
09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I hate hooah.

It's just another stupid, arrogant, uneducated grunt the Army came up with hundreds of years ago. They still haven't learned to evolve or be efficient!