PDA

View Full Version : How about weird rules?

fufu
07-10-2009, 03:23 AM
In the spirit of "stupid rules" and "unwritten rules", how about weird rules?

Heres one currently in place at the Deed:

"Shower and latrine stalls are to be used by one individual at a time."

The fact that this is an issue scares me.:eek:

Shaken1976
07-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Well maybe they were having trouble with people "hooking up". Maybe people were having some shower fun.

fufu
07-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Well maybe they were having trouble with people "hooking up".

I thought that was why the bunkers were in place.;)

takthekak
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I remember being at a Northern Tier base in winter as a SF augmentee...We had a perimeter which had heated small "buildings" which we could walk back and forth from, but were not allowed to be in. It must have been a cop thing...it was like zero degree's out, but they still came around and wanted post briefs from us augmentee's, needless to say they weren't impressed...Lasty, now that I am thinking about it, the real cops guarding were PRP, the mnx teams were PRP and there we stood with live weapons, a bunch of disgruntled SF augmentee's who went through a few hour training class...

Tak
05-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I remember being at a Northern Tier base in winter as a SF augmentee...We had a perimeter which had heated small "buildings" which we could walk back and forth from, but were not allowed to be in. It must have been a cop thing...it was like zero degree's out, but they still came around and wanted post briefs from us augmentee's, needless to say they weren't impressed...Lasty, now that I am thinking about it, the real cops guarding were PRP, the mnx teams were PRP and there we stood with live weapons, a bunch of disgruntled SF augmentee's who went through a few hour training class...

SF are not the brightest of the AFSCs.

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/isapi/designall.dll?rlvnet=1&realview=113228992575404873&design=d840dbae-83dd-47fd-bc40-1ed92a072f28&size=1.5&style=round_sticker&pending=false&pdt=zazzle_sticker&max_dim=512

KellyinAvon
05-13-2013, 06:59 PM

http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/isapi/designall.dll?rlvnet=1&realview=113228992575404873&design=d840dbae-83dd-47fd-bc40-1ed92a072f28&size=1.5&style=round_sticker&pending=false&pdt=zazzle_sticker&max_dim=512

You're "Zombie Posting" your own post from nearly 4 years ago?

TJMAC77SP
05-13-2013, 07:00 PM

Here we go again..............................

(I take exception but in truth have never been able to protest too loudly given the required general ASVAB score)

BOSS302
05-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Before Third Air Force consolidated the USAFE Driving Permit and the Fuel Ration Card into one card, they used to be separate cards. The fuel permit was a pink card, the license a white laminated card. The policy was that you had to show both at the gates when coming onto base. When the question was asked, "Why are we showing our FUEL PERMIT to get onto base?", the answer was, "It is what it is."

Which, in itself, is a cringe-worthy answer. Like nails on a chalkboard....it is what it is....ugh....

Sometime around 2008/09, they finally got rid of the damn things and MPF gave everyone shiny new combined 3AF/Fuel Permit cards. And we did not have to show them at the gate, just had to show our ID (like at all other bases). Duh.

Tak
05-14-2013, 03:24 AM
if everyone shows ID to get on base, why do they do the nazi checks at the commisary and BX???

RobotChicken
05-14-2013, 03:28 AM
:spy "WTF..I have been off this forum waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo loooooooooooong....":clock

BOSS302
05-14-2013, 03:31 AM
if everyone shows ID to get on base, why do they do the nazi checks at the commisary and BX???

Just to show they are "doing something". I do not understand why I need to show my so-called "photo ID" when I am going into the Fitness Center...in my PT gear...with my squadron. I do not understand why I must show my so-called "photo ID" to enter the BX...when I am in my ABUs...and they have to scan the so-called "photo ID" anyhow if you make any purchases.

Too many "busy bodies" in the AF and it shows in the amount of asinine rules we have.

RobotChicken
05-14-2013, 03:43 AM
:tape2 Maybe if you drove a 'uparmored' VW JETTA they wouldn't F'withya.....:behindsofa:hurt:laugh

imported_blacksheep1208
05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Just to show they are "doing something". I do not understand why I need to show my so-called "photo ID" when I am going into the Fitness Center...in my PT gear...with my squadron. I do not understand why I must show my so-called "photo ID" to enter the BX...when I am in my ABUs...and they have to scan the so-called "photo ID" anyhow if you make any purchases.

Too many "busy bodies" in the AF and it shows in the amount of asinine rules we have.

Sounds like Osan.

BRUWIN
05-14-2013, 09:39 AM
There was a sign in the men's locker room at our base gym that read "do not urinate in the shower." Always kind of made me wonder what drove the gym staff to make that sign.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I always got a big kick out of making up official looking signs with nonsensical admonishments and warnings and posting them all over base.

That “one person per bathroom stall” was something I did at PSAB back in the 1990’s; I’m glad to see that you guys are still carrying on the tradition.

Another favorite of mine was to put up signs that sternly warned people that the water in the toilet bowls is NON-POTABLE!

BOSS302
05-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Sounds like Osan.

Osan. Kunsan.

Interestingly, USAG Yongsan does not have people at the doors checking so-called "photo IDs". One must still have their so-called "photo ID" scanned when purchasing items.

Pullinteeth
05-14-2013, 04:39 PM

Because not everyone authorized (or sponsored) on a base is eligible to shop at the BX/Commisary....

Tak
05-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Because not everyone authorized (or sponsored) on a base is eligible to shop at the BX/Commisary....

True,good call...gotta protect our Entitlements!

Zxc
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
:spy "WTF..I have been off this forum waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo loooooooooooong....":clockI'll never understand this one. It's a regular Tuesday, noon... I'm in ABU and I have to show my ID to get into the commissary. Only a few facilities require that with an elevated FPCON, but the commissary is the only one that does it all the time.

DWWSWWD
05-14-2013, 11:00 PM
I can wear a Hooter's tee shirt with my AF PT pants, but I cannot wear the old AF PT pants with the new PT jacket.

Tak
05-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I can wear a Hooter's tee shirt with my AF PT pants, but I cannot wear the old AF PT pants with the new PT jacket.

I believe you do have a hooters t-shirt chief.

garhkal
05-15-2013, 07:02 PM

When i have asked, the answer i always get is 'cause there are times not everyone in a vehicle is checked therefore not everyone in that car is verified for being on base. Also heard at times, that it was to do with some contractors.. they are authorized to be on base, but not to shop in the BX/Com..

imported_blacksheep1208
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Osan. Kunsan.

Interestingly, USAG Yongsan does not have people at the doors checking so-called "photo IDs". One must still have their so-called "photo ID" scanned when purchasing items.

Maybe they're afraid of guys with their juicy girlfriends coming and having them point out what to buy. I'm only playing devils advocate. To be honest I'm tired of taking my ID out just to walk in, especially when I'm in uniform.

garhkal
05-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I can maybe see it for those in civvies, but not in uniform.

RobotChicken
05-17-2013, 05:59 AM
:spy I never had too, once they did..I TOLD them I had just walked off my ship after a 8+ med cruise..nuff said!! :tape2