PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

gundog
08-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm a member of another forum and all the 1As absolutely hate 1Us on there. They just need to get over it. 1Us aren't going anywhere. The higher ups in the field are trying to expand the field, so maybe in the near future there will be 1Us on AC-130s.

Whether they like it or not we are CEAs and are held to the same standards.

There are already sensor operators on AC-130s, they are called 1A4s. And, no, 1U0s are not held to the same standard. If they were, you would have to get a Class III flight physical. You can't seriously think that sitting in a box at ground level equates to the rigors of flying in an unpressurized aircraft at 18K+ ft MSL can you?

blueroomer
08-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Went status 5 yesterday! Total time in status 3 was 19 days. I read above some guys were talking about this as their dream Job. Personally, my "dream job" would be to do whatever I wanted all the time with no restrictions whatsoever. Lol but seriously this job sounds pretty awesome particularly when I compare it to what I’m doing now. Even more so when I compare it to what I would be facing if I got out right now. Better get my blues in order...

curtst
08-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Last test for BSOC done! Get our wings tomorrow then off to RFC!

Wouldkillforthisjob
08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Went status 5 yesterday! Total time in status 3 was 19 days. I read above some guys were talking about this as their dream Job. Personally, my "dream job" would be to do whatever I wanted all the time with no restrictions whatsoever. Lol but seriously this job sounds pretty awesome particularly when I compare it to what I’m doing now. Even more so when I compare it to what I would be facing if I got out right now. Better get my blues in order...

Damn you all going to status 5 when I cant even get my paperwork together to even submit.....

Congrats! enjoy it man.

ScoobyGSX
08-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Woot..
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs309.snc4/40767_423032804254_500024254_4594397_7655170_n.jpg

rlewis55
08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
well i just found out that my physical is back after 3 weeks of waiting but my public health office isnt doing there job fast enough and now there are no more TSgt slots out of my career field....and i have to do a ETP that AFPC told me they wouldn't accept til 1 october......everything else was approved by the CC and now because some damn nonner didnt want to do their job in a timely manner i have to wait and watch slots disappear.

Wouldkillforthisjob
08-11-2010, 06:02 PM
well i just found out that my physical is back after 3 weeks of waiting but my public health office isnt doing there job fast enough and now there are no more TSgt slots out of my career field....and i have to do a ETP that AFPC told me they wouldn't accept til 1 october......everything else was approved by the CC and now because some damn nonner didnt want to do their job in a timely manner i have to wait and watch slots disappear.

Sorry... if it makes you feel any better, three weeks is actually a quick turnaround.

lphill01
08-11-2010, 11:48 PM

Ditto. I watched all 5 SSgt out slots dry up, including a buddy in my shop going BACK to aircraft maintenance while I'm waiting on my 1042 because they took forever to figure out what physical I needed. They even took ejection seat measurements.

Congrats to you guys, and cool pic Scooby

Yellaboy601
08-12-2010, 05:19 AM

Can someone explain to me exactly what this ETP is. Sounds like I'm going to be in the same boat as you. I'm getting my lab work done and turning in my physical paper work to flight medecine Friday which mean I still have forever to wait on that back. But the to Tsgt slots out of my career field are has dried up. There is 0 slots out of my career field. But still 14 slots for 1u in. What does this mean to me. What should I do? I'm going to finish every thing and persue anyway but what else will I have to do? What is ETP?

lphill01
08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
An ETP is an exception to policy memo. It states in your words why the AF would benefit for moving you out of a balenced AFSC. Examples and templates are located on the CEA Recruiting and Retention CoP on AFKN. You could put in an application, but without out quotas in your current AFSC, it'll likely be canceled by AFPC until NCORP Phase I completes. You can submit after 1 Oct.

Yellaboy601
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
An ETP is an exception to policy memo. It states in your words why the AF would benefit for moving you out of a balenced AFSC. Examples and templates are located on the CEA Recruiting and Retention CoP on AFKN. You could put in an application, but without out quotas in your current AFSC, it'll likely be canceled by AFPC until NCORP Phase I completes. You can submit after 1 Oct.

Is it still likely to be canceled if I'm on the NCORP vulnerability list? I started out #8 out of 40 TSGT on the list but only moved up to #7 since the beginning of phase 1. They only needed 10 Tsgts out of my AFSC but have those already. So basically my current job is no longer in danger? Didn't know if there are exceptions for personnel thats on the vulnerability list.

JKSPAPA
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Congratulations Curtst on your completing BSOC. Does the whole class you had BSOC with go to RFC with you? Where are you going for RFC and for how long? Good luck!

gundog
08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I was just told that AFPC will now "unofficially" take ETPs. Put your ETPs in with your retraining packages and if AFPC tells you that they are not taking ETPs, contact MSgt Matt Ardis at HAF DSN 227-1717 so that he can run it up the chain.

lphill01
08-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Gundog, you're bringing me hope one post at a time...

shotdown
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I was just told that AFPC will now "unofficially" take ETPs. Put your ETPs in with your retraining packages and if AFPC tells you that they are not taking ETPs, contact MSgt Matt Ardis at HAF DSN 227-1717 so that he can run it up the chain.

I called Retraining and they haven't gotten any of this info. I'm going to try and call MSgt Ardis and see what he says.

lphill01
08-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Let us know how it goes.

Barberakb
08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
If this is true AFPC doesn't know it. I just tried to resubmit and this is the message I got.
"Due to FY11 NCORP Phase I, only Career NCOs in AFSCs which are targeted will be allowed to apply for retraining at this time. There are no exceptions to policy as directed by Air Staff. Please feel free to reapply after 1 Oct 2010."

shotdown
08-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I spoke to MSgt Ardis and he wants everyone that has submitted an application to AFPC and has received this message "Due to FY11 NCORP Phase I, only Career NCOs in AFSCs which are targeted will be allowed to apply for retraining at this time. There are no exceptions to policy as directed by Air Staff. Please feel free to reapply after 1 Oct 2010." to please email him at matthew.ardis@pentagon.af.mil. He is trying to gather the numbers of everyone rejected and take it up the chain. He mentioned that NCORP Phase I is not going to help fill up his slots since it's a flying position.

My career field (2A6X1) at my rank, is at 101%. We are 100 people overmanned. They can pretty much use me.

imported_097
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
There are already sensor operators on AC-130s, they are called 1A4s. And, no, 1U0s are not held to the same standard. If they were, you would have to get a Class III flight physical. You can't seriously think that sitting in a box at ground level equates to the rigors of flying in an unpressurized aircraft at 18K+ ft MSL can you?

You do have to get a Class III flight physical, had one for over three years now, only difference is you don't go to SERE or altitute chamber training. 1A's who actually dont do the Sensor Operator on MQ-1 or MQ-9 don't understand it, and that why they hate us. It's not till after a 1A's who come and fly as a 1U really understands what we do, it's then they say "yes a 1U truelly is a CEA".

lphill01
08-18-2010, 01:36 AM
You do have to get a Class III flight physical, had one for over three years now, only difference is you don't go to SERE or altitute chamber training. 1A's who actually dont do the Sensor Operator on MQ-1 or MQ-9 don't understand it, and that why they hate us. It's not till after a 1A's who come and fly as a 1U really understands what we do, it's then they say "yes a 1U truelly is a CEA".

They're requesting ground based aircraft controller (ATC) physicals for current retrainees. Although, when I did mine, they used the class III I already had then added two more tests, so it's just as intensive a physical.

curtst
08-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Congratulations Curtst on your completing BSOC. Does the whole class you had BSOC with go to RFC with you? Where are you going for RFC and for how long? Good luck!

Yes the whole class stays together and goes to RFC, they also add officers into the mix at RFC. It is still at Randolph, another 4 weeks.

4TMike
08-19-2010, 02:03 AM
So has anyone else heard from MSgt Ardis about ETP's not being accepted by AFPC? I emailed him but he's out of the office until 20August. I really never understood why ETP's would not be accepted since NCORP can not force people to take a flying job. Oh well I've waited this long I can wait some more.

whiteycap
08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
So I submitted my application on 6 Aug, went stat 5 on 10 aug, went stat 6 on 18 aug with a class date of 7 Jan!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!

whiteycap
08-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Im holding my RIP in front of me and i just cant believe it. It's awesome! I have another individual who just went through the training in my SQ hes been telling me what he can about it and it just keeps sounding more and more awesome!

blueroomer
08-19-2010, 08:38 PM
So I submitted my application on 6 Aug, went stat 5 on 10 aug, went stat 6 on 18 aug with a class date of 7 Jan!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Congrats! Thats a really fast turn over. I went stat 5 on August 10th as well but I'm still a 5. I wonder if I'll go stat 6 soon and be in the Jan 7 class too.

shotdown
08-19-2010, 09:51 PM
So has anyone else heard from MSgt Ardis about ETP's not being accepted by AFPC? I emailed him but he's out of the office until 20August. I really never understood why ETP's would not be accepted since NCORP can not force people to take a flying job. Oh well I've waited this long I can wait some more.

Read a few posts prior. I posted what he said.

whiteycap
08-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Congrats! Thats a really fast turn over. I went stat 5 on August 10th as well but I'm still a 5. I wonder if I'll go stat 6 soon and be in the Jan 7 class too.

yeah that would! hope to see you there! ill be the slightly pudgy rather white guy!

twfast2c
08-23-2010, 11:35 PM
quick question: i was selected through NCORP to retrain, phase one dead line is coming here shortly. I am still waiting on my flight physical to happen. now my question is if i call afpc and ask if they can give me and extension to wait for my flight phsysical will they honor this? any one out there that can help with this question i will greatly appreciate it thanx.... just not enough time to actually get stuff done in one month or so.

Barberakb
08-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I also emailed MSgt Ardis about ETP's not being accepted. But I haven't heard anything yet.

Wouldkillforthisjob
08-24-2010, 05:06 PM
quick question: i was selected through NCORP to retrain, phase one dead line is coming here shortly. I am still waiting on my flight physical to happen. now my question is if i call afpc and ask if they can give me and extension to wait for my flight phsysical will they honor this? any one out there that can help with this question i will greatly appreciate it thanx.... just not enough time to actually get stuff done in one month or so.

I can't answer the question because i dont know for sure, but I would say go ahead and ask. It never hurts to ask the question. Hopefully it works out for you.

shotdown
08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
I also emailed MSgt Ardis about ETP's not being accepted. But I haven't heard anything yet.

Same here. I tried to call him to see if he's received my email since AFPC closed my case but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

rlewis55
08-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Same here. I tried to call him to see if he's received my email since AFPC closed my case but I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

Me too. I even submitted my application again just to waste some of their time.....DENIED no ETP's accepted @ this time......This is stupid there is a whole Forum of people who want to join a critically manned career field and we can't do it because of some loophole....

IH8EngMTX
08-25-2010, 03:01 PM
...My career field (2A6X1) at my rank, is at 101%. We are 100 people overmanned. They can pretty much use me.

I'm in the same AFSC, hence my username. I'm a SSgt but considered a FTA so I was lucky to get one of those slots. I have 3 co-workers with low numbers on the NCORP, one of whom I am deploying for. I would have been on the list if I had the retainability. I put off re-enlistment because I was worried it would effect my FTA status and application. I had to get an extension to my enlistment just to deploy but now I can get another one for retraining. What engines do you work on shotdown? I work on T-56 (C-130).

I submitted my application August 4, and went straight to status 6 yesterday, Aug 24th with a class date of 7 Jan. I may have to get into the Feb 18 class start though (since I am deploying this month) if they are unable to work out bringing me back after 90 instead of 120. I am so excited and happy I got this job after spending the past 10 months working on the application, physical, and other BS. Hope to see you in class whiteycap and anyone else in there.

I was really surprised yesterday when I got class dates since I know 5 other people in my squadron are going for this AFSC as well and they haven't heard anything yet, most likely they have to wait till 1 Oct like everyone else. Good luck to you guys in that situation.

IH8EngMTX
08-25-2010, 03:38 PM
I have a question for those that just completed BSOC and UFC. Is there another follow on training course after these? I have a paper I was given about a year ago that lists the training pipeline and has MQ-1/MQ-9 Sensor Operator Initial Qualification (SOIQ) listed after UAS Fundamentals Course (UFC). It says that SOIQ lasts 45 days and is at either Creech or Holloman. I'm curious because I put down to take 21 days of leave after UFC and graduation and was wondering if this course if it still exists would effect that. Also, assuming I take that leave after graduation, how long afterward would it be reasonable to expect my RNLT date. I'm wondering since I have to pack up the house with the wife, deal with outprocessing Hurlburt, etc. I like to try to get a jump on things even if it is 9 months out esp since I will be deployed for 3-4 months then in school for another 3. How soon should I expect my assignment as well? I'm assuming not until about halfway through training. Thanks.

rlewis55
08-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Im a 2W1 out career field is 110% over manned for TSgt. I have a line number for TSgt and there are 14 TSgt slots open for 1U.. I already have an ETP signed andmy application submitted 2 weeks ago but 2W1s had no TSgt slots out so i got declined and missed that window by 2 days. This is killing me it makes no sense why a chronic critical manned career field cant be filled using an ETP. I have read all through AFI 36-2626 and there is no mention of an ETP anywhere. I just don't understand the method to the madness......

shotdown
08-25-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm in the same AFSC, hence my username. I'm a SSgt but considered a FTA so I was lucky to get one of those slots. I have 3 co-workers with low numbers on the NCORP, one of whom I am deploying for. I would have been on the list if I had the retainability. I put off re-enlistment because I was worried it would effect my FTA status and application. I had to get an extension to my enlistment just to deploy but now I can get another one for retraining. What engines do you work on shotdown? I work on T-56 (C-130).

I work on Pratt & Whitney F100s. I did get some T-56 training while stationed in AK.

Wouldkillforthisjob
08-25-2010, 04:34 PM
So after 4 months of plugging away at it, I finally got my medical clearance and submitted my package. I'm now just waiting on the commander and my functional to sign, which shouldn't take to long because my commander is awsome and I've been keeping good contact with my functional. Does anyone know, is it possible for my package to meet this months board if they both sign off in the next 2-3 days?

Jumper5
08-26-2010, 12:19 AM
I have a question for those that just completed BSOC and UFC. Is there another follow on training course after these? I have a paper I was given about a year ago that lists the training pipeline and has MQ-1/MQ-9 Sensor Operator Initial Qualification (SOIQ) listed after UAS Fundamentals Course (UFC). It says that SOIQ lasts 45 days and is at either Creech or Holloman. I'm curious because I put down to take 21 days of leave after UFC and graduation and was wondering if this course if it still exists would effect that. Also, assuming I take that leave after graduation, how long afterward would it be reasonable to expect my RNLT date. I'm wondering since I have to pack up the house with the wife, deal with outprocessing Hurlburt, etc. I like to try to get a jump on things even if it is 9 months out esp since I will be deployed for 3-4 months then in school for another 3. How soon should I expect my assignment as well? I'm assuming not until about halfway through training. Thanks.

Here is the current training flow: Aircrew Fundamentals, BSOC, RFC, IQT.

Don't expect to take 21 days of leave between RFC and IQT.

Plan on going back to home station to outprocess/PCS after IQT.

Don't expect to know your assignment until you are in BSOC or IFC.

Don't be shocked if there are minor changes to this info between today and nine months from now.

Wouldkillforthisjob
08-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Ok.... I need some help/advice. I'm kinda really screwed now.

I finally got everything in for my application today (just in time for tomorrow's board), but when I called asking if it was going to meet the board, the ssgt. I talked to said it would, but it will be imediately disaproved because I already put in an application as a FTA utilizing my only CAREERS option. I WASN'T APPROVED!!! Aparently, even though I wasn't approved, I can't put in an app as a FTA. The guy told me I could put in an ETP to meet one last board as a FTA, but I'm running out of time because i'm coded 36 and will be getting an assignment in a month... I dont have the time to go throught the weird ETP approval process.

There has to be a faster way.... I don't know what to do. There are no out quotas for my job either so that doesn't help. Any advice? If I can't retrain, i'm getting out and I don't want to do that.

hugomk
08-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Ok.... I need some help/advice. I'm kinda really screwed now.

I finally got everything in for my application today (just in time for tomorrow's board), but when I called asking if it was going to meet the board, the ssgt. I talked to said it would, but it will be imediately disaproved because I already put in an application as a FTA utilizing my only CAREERS option. I WASN'T APPROVED!!! Aparently, even though I wasn't approved, I can't put in an app as a FTA. The guy told me I could put in an ETP to meet one last board as a FTA, but I'm running out of time because i'm coded 36 and will be getting an assignment in a month... I dont have the time to go throught the weird ETP approval process.

There has to be a faster way.... I don't know what to do. There are no out quotas for my job either so that doesn't help. Any advice? If I can't retrain, i'm getting out and I don't want to do that.

You should talk to somebody else. It does not sound right. I thought you can apply a couple of times as a FTA. Of course that was a long time ago and things might have changed. Still talk to a career counselor at your MPF or at AFPC.

Wouldkillforthisjob
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
You should talk to somebody else. It does not sound right. I thought you can apply a couple of times as a FTA. Of course that was a long time ago and things might have changed. Still talk to a career counselor at your MPF or at AFPC.

I've talked to anyone and everyone who would listen at this point. Did get some good news though. Because they weren't suposed to even allow me to submit a package, they are letting me meet one board, so my package got a board review today.

I hope they select me, or at least let me know soon because if i didn't make the cut, I need to start applying for a special duty because I can't stand this job for another enlistment.

kjdjr18
09-01-2010, 06:08 PM
So i finally got my status 3 verbally today! Missed the August board by a day but will see the September board at least. They said everything looked good except there was no need for the ETP that AFPC wrote on my my stuff wall was necessary, so im hoping that even though i submitted one with my package that it wont slow down or stop my progression to getting this job.

wouldkillforthisjob- im coded also and already have a new assignment and RNLT. does that matter? i was just going to turn down my pcs orders if i get this crosstrain.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-01-2010, 06:21 PM
So i finally got my status 3 verbally today! Missed the August board by a day but will see the September board at least. They said everything looked good except there was no need for the ETP that AFPC wrote on my my stuff wall was necessary, so im hoping that even though i submitted one with my package that it wont slow down or stop my progression to getting this job.

wouldkillforthisjob- im coded also and already have a new assignment and RNLT. does that matter? i was just going to turn down my pcs orders if i get this crosstrain.

This is going to be really tricky for you to do. I would talk to your CAA about that and possibly call AFPC too and see what can be done, because with an active assignment, they probably wont put you into status 5, but if you flat out turn down your PCS, that is going to hurt your career and you may not even be accepted to retrain (trust me, I wont be and I have an exceptional package)

Are you Code 36? If you are, I don't know if you can even turn down an assignment, because you can't stay where you are with that code.

kjdjr18
09-01-2010, 06:30 PM
You make good points and this scares me. I started this in april and didnt have an assignment, then i recieved one in june and now im status 3 after recieving my commanders coordination. I dont know what to do now after waiting for so long to get to this point.

kjdjr18
09-01-2010, 06:39 PM
AFPC just called lol, ill update.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
AFPC just called lol, ill update.

Hey, just a thought too. Keep that number handy for AFPC and call tomorrow to verify that your package will be meeting this months board. You'd be suprised, but every time you call them, you'll probably get a different answer. Hopefully it all works out for you. Give me a call any time, i'm practically an expert at retraining now and as PA, i'm always tied to this desk.

familymanva
09-04-2010, 03:36 AM
So for those who know me on the boards, I already have a class date for November but I have a fairly tricky situation now and would appreciate any help. I am currently at Sheppard AFB with my wife and 2 kids. We just found out recently that we are pregnant and she will be due around March 6th. Now with my training timeline (if it all stays the same as what my rip shows) I will be done with the first 3 classes sometime late Feb with still the 45 day FTU left. The IDEAL situation is for my wife to be able to move to our next assignment before she gives birth. (She's going to need a c-section and will be unable to drive and what not for like 2 months after, so it'll just be complicated and a hassle to move with 3 kids by herself). My supervisor is working on getting in touch with the Assignment Functional over at AFPC(never answers the phone) for this career field to see if I could possibly do a TDY enroute which would allow me to outprocess here at Sheppard before leaving for tech school. Then my wife could move and get on the waitlist for housing at Nellis or wherever and move then. Just wasn't sure if anyone who has been through with a family has heard of anyone being able to do this, or even if you know of a better person to get in touch with. Sorry for the long post!

familymanva
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Alright, some good info for all of you going through the process to get into their career field. I just got done talking to the RPA SO Program Manager at HQ AETC/A3FR about my situation above.

First: He just recieved 2 new slots in the 1 Oct Aircrew Fundies class and I was able to move into one of those slots. So that moves my timeline up(Yea!). Which means, there is currently one open slot in both the 1 Oct and 17 Nov class dates for those of you waiting.

Second: They are in the process of moving the schoolhouse from Creech to Holloman. So sometime in the near future after your classes at Lackland and Randolph everyone will go to Holloman before their first assignment.

Third: They are actually sending new people to Whiteman. 6 people from the last graduating class got that as their assignment.

Fourth: As far as a timeline goes... after the courses at Lackland and Randolph you return to your home base. If you are going to Creech for training and as your follow-on assignment(which will only be for the next few months before the school house moves) you will out process and move there before starting your training. In every other circumstance you will go TDY again for the 45 day FTU then return to your base again to out-process and PCS.

Now I'm sure there are people where that has not been the case. I am simply sharing the way it is "supposed" to be, straight from the top. Hope this helps some of you.. I'm super excited to be leaving in less than a month now!

lphill01
09-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I got my ETP back signed by my CC and just got my 1042 back from Public Health. This is a good week!!

ScoobyGSX
09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Alright, some good info for all of you going through the process to get into their career field. I just got done talking to the RPA SO Program Manager at HQ AETC/A3FR about my situation above.

First: He just recieved 2 new slots in the 1 Oct Aircrew Fundies class and I was able to move into one of those slots. So that moves my timeline up(Yea!). Which means, there is currently one open slot in both the 1 Oct and 17 Nov class dates for those of you waiting.

Second: They are in the process of moving the schoolhouse from Creech to Holloman. So sometime in the near future after your classes at Lackland and Randolph everyone will go to Holloman before their first assignment.

Third: They are actually sending new people to Whiteman. 6 people from the last graduating class got that as their assignment.

Fourth: As far as a timeline goes... after the courses at Lackland and Randolph you return to your home base. If you are going to Creech for training and as your follow-on assignment(which will only be for the next few months before the school house moves) you will out process and move there before starting your training. In every other circumstance you will go TDY again for the 45 day FTU then return to your base again to out-process and PCS.

Now I'm sure there are people where that has not been the case. I am simply sharing the way it is "supposed" to be, straight from the top. Hope this helps some of you.. I'm super excited to be leaving in less than a month now!

Some good info in there..We graduate RFC tomorrow; I believe there's about 15 SO's going to Whiteman, though. I just wanted to add, when he says FTU is 45 days, that's 45 CLASS days..not 45 calendar days. So FTU is at least 9 weeks long. So plan accordingly..

Also yes, I'm going to Holloman for FTU (Which starts Oct 18), so I have a whole month inbetween...I tried to get them to allow me to outprocess my base before going to FTU, but they said nope..have to outprocess my base AFTER FTU. Which sucks, considering they could've saved me a trip there, but oh well..

weezy
09-10-2010, 03:44 AM
I'm kind of curious about what type of UAS you work on? Do you fill out a dream sheet of what airframe you want to work on?

ScoobyGSX
09-10-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm kind of curious about what type of UAS you work on? Do you fill out a dream sheet of what airframe you want to work on?

Nope..you don't get to pick. Maybe after you've been doing it a while, then you might have a better say in if you want to switch, but as a newbie sensor operator? You have no say.

hugomk
09-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Nope..you don't get to pick. Maybe after you've been doing it a while, then you might have a better say in if you want to switch, but as a newbie sensor operator? You have no say.

He is right you have no choice. But once you are in the program and after a few years in your airframe, there will be opportunities for you to go to another airframe.

wsully
09-10-2010, 09:19 PM
So how do you get a 1042??

I completed my IFC III and got approved but instead of handed a 1042 I got handed a 2808 and a 2807? Talked to the guy and he said that I won't get the 1042 until I complete the tech school and are actually on flight status, but I thought that I would get that once I completed the physical. Also do we need to have a 1042 to get a 422?

MACsensor
09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
He is right you have no choice. But once you are in the program and after a few years in your airframe, there will be opportunities for you to go to another airframe.

I would say there may be opportunities to go to another airframe, not will be. I know you've been here longer than I have Hugo, but in my 3 years, I have not been given the opportunity so far. (And for the record everyone, it's not because I'm a DBA. I'm a fine SO and NCO.) So who knows what you'll get. Just know things change fast in this job; concentrate on what's in front of you and be ready to flex.

Jumper5
09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
So how do you get a 1042??

I completed my IFC III and got approved but instead of handed a 1042 I got handed a 2808 and a 2807? Talked to the guy and he said that I won't get the 1042 until I complete the tech school and are actually on flight status, but I thought that I would get that once I completed the physical. Also do we need to have a 1042 to get a 422?

You need to go back to flight medicine/force health managment and get your 1042. You need to take it with you when you head to tech school.

stormshadow
09-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Hey everyone new to the forum (ive read about 60 pages so far) and thought that I would ask for an opinion. My dos is Feb 2012 and was curious if it was too early to. Submit a retraining request. I'm a FTA with a line number for ssgt if that matters. Any info would be greatly appreciated

hugomk
09-12-2010, 05:51 AM
I would say there may be opportunities to go to another airframe, not will be. I know you've been here longer than I have Hugo, but in my 3 years, I have not been given the opportunity so far. (And for the record everyone, it's not because I'm a DBA. I'm a fine SO and NCO.) So who knows what you'll get. Just know things change fast in this job; concentrate on what's in front of you and be ready to flex.

I have to stick with the "will be". All you have to do is volunteer for it. If you get chosen then good for you . If not, just keep trying. For you MACSensor, I'm sure you are a fine NCO and SO because if you we're not then you won't have the qualification you currently hold. Do you want to go to another airframe? If so did you let your leadership know? Sometime and I see this happening a lot, that there are opportunities to volunteer but leadership will not pass that info down to the troops because they don't want to lose their own people specially the good ones. I'm sure you have seen people move around to different squadron specially lately. It's out there, you just have to look for it.

MACsensor
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I have to stick with the "will be". All you have to do is volunteer for it. If you get chosen then good for you . If not, just keep trying. For you MACSensor, I'm sure you are a fine NCO and SO because if you we're not then you won't have the qualification you currently hold. Do you want to go to another airframe? If so did you let your leadership know? Sometime and I see this happening a lot, that there are opportunities to volunteer but leadership will not pass that info down to the troops because they don't want to lose their own people specially the good ones. I'm sure you have seen people move around to different squadron specially lately. It's out there, you just have to look for it.
I've volunteered for quite a few opportunities in the past year with no luck. I was even interviewed by a certain squdron and that seemed to look promising, but didn't work out due to my squadron's needs at the time. Seems like my leadership either they really likes me, or really doesn't. There's always been some reason my squadron supposedly needed me to stay on with them. That clock apparently ran out, because now they say they can't keep me and that the other squadrons at Creech are not an option for me due to time on station. So they're sending a lot of new, inexperienced guys to other units and airframes. I might just be bitter, but it seems pretty bogus to me. I know we dont always get what we want in this business, but i cant help feeling a bit slighted So, they said I would be headed to Holloman. I tried everything and talked to a lot of people both in and out of my chain, but nobody seemed to have enough sway or sense to change anything. So I volunteered for Whiteman and I'm going to set up shop there. There are other opportunities I would still take over that. But it appears I have no other options. Any ideas? Otherwise, I'll be PCSing in a gew months.

curtst
09-13-2010, 12:12 AM
I've volunteered for quite a few opportunities in the past year with no luck. I was even interviewed by a certain squdron and that seemed to look promising, but didn't work out due to my squadron's needs at the time. Seems like my leadership either they really likes me, or really doesn't. There's always been some reason my squadron supposedly needed me to stay on with them. That clock apparently ran out, because now they say they can't keep me and that the other squadrons at Creech are not an option for me due to time on station. So they're sending a lot of new, inexperienced guys to other units and airframes. I might just be bitter, but it seems pretty bogus to me. I know we dont always get what we want in this business, but i cant help feeling a bit slighted So, they said I would be headed to Holloman. I tried everything and talked to a lot of people both in and out of my chain, but nobody seemed to have enough sway or sense to change anything. So I volunteered for Whiteman and I'm going to set up shop there. There are other opportunities I would still take over that. But it appears I have no other options. Any ideas? Otherwise, I'll be PCSing in a gew months.

I shall see you at Whiteman. It isn't a bad base. Been here for over 6 years now. lol

MACsensor
09-13-2010, 05:18 AM
I shall see you at Whiteman. It isn't a bad base. Been here for over 6 years now. lol

and they're sending you back? I guess it's saves some time and money for the Air Force. When will you finish all your training and what FTU are you going to? It's a good thing you won't have to do much in the way of in-processing when you get back...you'll be busy enough when you sign into the squadron. I'm not sure how it will work out exactly, seeing as the squadron doesn't actually exist yet. I wonder if you will have some down-time at Whiteman before we arrive? Once we get there though, the timeline is very aggressive and we will create the squadron, practically out of thin air, and be up and running very soon. Now that I think of it, you will sort-of outprocess Whiteman anyway. The new squadron is subordinate to the 432d (Creech) so you will be working for a new Wing, you just won't be at the mothership.
Anyway, good luck. Be ready and don't bring it weak! See you soon.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone new to the forum (ive read about 60 pages so far) and thought that I would ask for an opinion. My dos is Feb 2012 and was curious if it was too early to. Submit a retraining request. I'm a FTA with a line number for ssgt if that matters. Any info would be greatly appreciated

It is not too early. 1U0 is a career enlisted aviator job and as such can be applied for after you reach the half way point in your enlistment. Be warned though, if you don't get selected after 3 boards, you will not be able to reapply until you re-up.

ellisc
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
So I called AFPC last Friday to find out what was going on with my package. I was going to be a status 3 for 120 days on the 24th of Sept. I didn't want to rock the boat to much because there are others who have been denied because of AFPC not accepting ETPs right now so I considered myself lucky that I was still a status 3. I had always had a bad feeling about the status of my package because everytime I would call someone would always say "um something doesn't look right, can you hold please" and then I would get the "your package is being processed, they'll get to it". Anyways come to find out something was really wrong, appears to be that my first package that I submitted was approved way back in April!!! I was completely floored. Of course I asked what in the world happened, but nobody knew. I knew something was wrong because she had me on hold for 45 minutes, literally 45 minutes while they looked into what happened. To be honest I was mad but really didn't care because it's over know, after all the crap I have been through with the clinic and 2 packages later, I finally got it. So now I am status 5. I hope AFPC doesn't do anything crazy and try and give me a class date in like 2 weeks. From what I have been reading looks like some of you have class dates in Jan so sometime after that would be great but I guess we will see. It's been a long road so keep trying everyone, I started to give up but you gotta stay on them and stick with it, it's your career.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-13-2010, 04:41 PM
So I called AFPC last Friday to find out what was going on with my package. I was going to be a status 3 for 120 days on the 24th of Sept. I didn't want to rock the boat to much because there are others who have been denied because of AFPC not accepting ETPs right now so I considered myself lucky that I was still a status 3. I had always had a bad feeling about the status of my package because everytime I would call someone would always say "um something doesn't look right, can you hold please" and then I would get the "your package is being processed, they'll get to it". Anyways come to find out something was really wrong, appears to be that my first package that I submitted was approved way back in April!!! I was completely floored. Of course I asked what in the world happened, but nobody knew. I knew something was wrong because she had me on hold for 45 minutes, literally 45 minutes while they looked into what happened. To be honest I was mad but really didn't care because it's over know, after all the crap I have been through with the clinic and 2 packages later, I finally got it. So now I am status 5. I hope AFPC doesn't do anything crazy and try and give me a class date in like 2 weeks. From what I have been reading looks like some of you have class dates in Jan so sometime after that would be great but I guess we will see. It's been a long road so keep trying everyone, I started to give up but you gotta stay on them and stick with it, it's your career.

So you were approved on the first board? are you a FTA?

ellisc
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
So you were approved on the first board? are you a FTA?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not an FTA. I had an ETP package in, not sure if I took at Staff slot or Tech slot. I have a line number so I think I took a Tech Sgt slot.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Damn...

Anyone here an FTA who was selected on the first board review they got? I have a few interesting questions for a person who fits that criteria.

rlewis55
09-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Has anyone heard anything about ETP's getting approved lately????? or when ETP's might become an option again?????????

familymanva
09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Damn...

Anyone here an FTA who was selected on the first board review they got? I have a few interesting questions for a person who fits that criteria.

I was. So were 2 other guys in the same shop as me. I went from status 3 to 5 in about 10 days this summer.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I was. So were 2 other guys in the same shop as me. I went from status 3 to 5 in about 10 days this summer.

Expect a PM in a few minutes.

lphill01
09-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Has anyone heard anything about ETP's getting approved lately????? or when ETP's might become an option again?????????

I heard AFPC told people 1 October. I have all my paperwork ready, but I'm waiting till then so I don't get denied and have to do an eligibility app all over again.

boricuaevo
09-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Hello,

I'm new here however, not to the military. I'm going on 11 yrs now and as soon as I was shipped off to Afghanistan I found out I was on the NCORP program. I have a great bunch here that allowed me to fly to Bagram and get a CLASS III physical done. Of course it couldn't have been done if I didn't previously have one on file. My previous class III was approved back in April 08 and well it's only good for 2yrs.
So I asked the Doc if there could be a way of redoing it or updating it. Long story short my physical was completed and approved in less than 4 days. Sometimes you come across people that know people... and I am truly grateful. It blows that I found out that I was on the NCORP program and barely in country however, I think God works in mysterious ways….

Anyway, just waiting on my approval and class date. I am currently Stationed at Cannon, if it weren’t for me being married I would probably have gone crazy… Luckily some of my neighbors off base are predator pilots and are a great bunch, so if you or I were to get stationed here or in my case again it wouldnt be that bad.

So I hope I get accepted and get to meet some of you!

ellisc
09-15-2010, 03:26 PM
sorry about that, don't know what I did to mess that up. I was trying to ask about Cannon. How is the base?

familymanva
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
So a friend of mine just started the Aircrew Fundies course last Friday. He is a SrA and said that he was the lowest ranking person in his class (mainly SSgt and TSgt with a few MSgt). I was just curious if that was pretty standard, or is it a mixed bag? I'm still an A1C and won't sow on SrA until Feb, and my class starts 2 weeks from Friday. I thought I had heard somewhere that they were letting people in this career straight from Basic, or am I mistaken?

Jumper5
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
So a friend of mine just started the Aircrew Fundies course last Friday. He is a SrA and said that he was the lowest ranking person in his class (mainly SSgt and TSgt with a few MSgt). I was just curious if that was pretty standard, or is it a mixed bag? I'm still an A1C and won't sow on SrA until Feb, and my class starts 2 weeks from Friday. I thought I had heard somewhere that they were letting people in this career straight from Basic, or am I mistaken?

The 1U0X1 field is open to people straight out of BMT.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-15-2010, 09:53 PM
F**K AFPC.....

hugomk
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
F**K AFPC.....

Bad news???

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Retraining package was considered, and you did not rack and stack high enough. However, you may apply for the following AFSC’s as an exception to policy.

?1A131/1A331/1A431/1A631
1C331
2AXXX
2M031
2W231
3E831
Or any combat related job.

I don't f**king understand how i could not rack and stack high enough though....

IH8EngMTX
09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Damn...

I'm a FTA (SSgt) and got in on my first board. My commander approved and sent in my package on 4 Aug. I only checked the status via vMPF every few days since i figured it would take a while and I didn't want to make myself go crazy waiting on it. I checked it Aug 20th and it was still a 3. Was notified by my training manager on the 24th that it had been approved and I had to sign for all 3 class dates. I went from a 3 to 6 without ever knowing I was in 5 status basically. I am deployed right now and had to get my class dates moved from 7 Jan to 18 Feb but all is good.

Wouldkillforthisjob, that really sucks that they are not considering you and you didn't rack and stack high enough. Is there anything you do, resubmit?

I was TDY to Cannon for 60 days back in 2008 boricuaevo and I am hoping like crazy I do not get stationed there. I'm already AFSOC (Hurlburt Field) and really do not wish to stay in AFSOC despite the fact that I do actually like the command. I totally agree about being stationed there while single too. I am surprised there hasn't been a rash of suicides at that base and I have a few friends there that are single. I had my wife fly out there so we could go skiing up at Sippapu (3 hrs north of Cannon in Taos) while I was TDY there. Other than work, there is little that Clovis and Portales has to offer anyone other than the smell of cowshit year round.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm a FTA (SSgt) and got in on my first board. My commander approved and sent in my package on 4 Aug. I only checked the status via vMPF every few days since i figured it would take a while and I didn't want to make myself go crazy waiting on it. I checked it Aug 20th and it was still a 3. Was notified by my training manager on the 24th that it had been approved and I had to sign for all 3 class dates. I went from a 3 to 6 without ever knowing I was in 5 status basically. I am deployed right now and had to get my class dates moved from 7 Jan to 18 Feb but all is good.

Wouldkillforthisjob, that really sucks that they are not considering you and you didn't rack and stack high enough. Is there anything you do, resubmit?

I was TDY to Cannon for 60 days back in 2008 boricuaevo and I am hoping like crazy I do not get stationed there. I'm already AFSOC (Hurlburt Field) and really do not wish to stay in AFSOC despite the fact that I do actually like the command. I totally agree about being stationed there while single too. I am surprised there hasn't been a rash of suicides at that base and I have a few friends there that are single. I had my wife fly out there so we could go skiing up at Sippapu (3 hrs north of Cannon in Taos) while I was TDY there. Other than work, there is little that Clovis and Portales has to offer anyone other than the smell of cowshit year round.

Doesn't matter now... Thanks though. good luck

Jumper5
09-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Retraining package was considered, and you did not rack and stack high enough. However, you may apply for the following AFSC’s as an exception to policy.

?1A131/1A331/1A431/1A631...

Going the 1A route isn't a bad thing.

boricuaevo
09-16-2010, 06:29 AM
All I can say is that Cannon has nothing at all... I'm going on almost 4 yrs and it's not soo bad when you have a house and some dogs and toys (motorcycle, evo).... My wife and I go to Flagstaff every chance we get, or go to Denton, Tx where my Dad lives. I'm just tired of seeing signs of new plans for construction and come to find out it's another McDonalds around the corner being built... Why can't they just put a freaking Best Buy or something... ? Lol

I feel that if I do get this job, I'm probably going to be sent back to Cannon because I'm already here and it will save the AF money. If that happens... UM... I don't know what I'm going to do... Maybe buy me a boat or jetskis... something to keep our minds occupied.

The base is growing though. We're getting a lot of ACs (CV-22s, more predators and possibly a reaper next year/ C-130s/ PC12s)...
The dorms for airman are being expanded throughout the base, on the other side of the Flight line by the South side, they're going to put dorms and chow hall in the near future. Cannon has vision that by 2013-15, it's going to be biig enough to house 7K+Airman.

I just let God handle where he wants to put me. I picked Hurlburt, Nellis, and TX....

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Going the 1A route isn't a bad thing.

It is if you hate flying lol. Seems to me that i'm going to be stuck as Public Affairs for the rest of my career, which will be all the shorter because i'm public affairs.

hugomk
09-16-2010, 03:06 PM
It is if you hate flying lol. Seems to me that i'm going to be stuck as Public Affairs for the rest of my career, which will be all the shorter because i'm public affairs.

You could try to get into the Guard/Reserves to be a Sensor Operator (1U0X1).

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
You could try to get into the Guard/Reserves to be a Sensor Operator (1U0X1).

Ya, i've thought about that. I even talked to the reserve recruiter. I'm going to do it as long as I can get a guarantee that I will get an ART or active-reserve possition.

hugomk
09-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Ya, i've thought about that. I even talked to the reserve recruiter. I'm going to do it as long as I can get a guarantee that I will get an ART or active-reserve possition.

My advise it to get a traditional position. The Guard and Reserves seems to have man days for Sensors so you can be employed 6 months to a year at a time. While doing that you can wait for an AGR position to apply.

Wouldkillforthisjob
09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
My advise it to get a traditional position. The Guard and Reserves seems to have man days for Sensors so you can be employed 6 months to a year at a time. While doing that you can wait for an AGR position to apply.

Ya, I understand what your saying, but I have a wife and three kids. If it was just me, i would find something to do, but without a guarantee of full time work, I can't take the chance.

hugomk
09-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Ya, I understand what your saying, but I have a wife and three kids. If it was just me, i would find something to do, but without a guarantee of full time work, I can't take the chance.

I understand. Keep an eye of the different Guard and Reserve websites for opennings. It will be hard to get those full time jobs but all you need is to be at the right place at the right time.

wsully
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
What do you have to do to get the commanders coordination?? I have all the forms for it, but thats the only thing that I am confused on.

IH8EngMTX
09-16-2010, 10:12 PM
boricuaevo, hit me up if you ever get orders to Hurlburt and I'd be happy to help you out with info on the local area. I've been here 5 years and love it except for a few minor things like traffic. Hurricanes haven't been a problem since Dennis hit in '05 a month after I arrived here. The oil spil barely hit our beaches too. I'm sorry you've been at Cannon that long. I was there to help set up the 73rd AMU (C-130W's) and the base was practically desolate when I was there to the point where even the Commisary/BX was only open a few hours a day. We did have a say in helping to redisign the hangar for the 16th AMU (AC-130H) since the interior building layout and offices was retarded for getting maintenance done. A buddy of mine who works there says housing is a nightmare right now with more Airmen than there is housing. Have the local housing prices come back down since 2008? The Shifty 50 toured Hurlburt back in 2007 when AFSOC was getting Cannon and saw that home prices in the local area were around $200K ish before the crash and went back to Clovis and inflated the local housing values to match figuring that people would sell their homes in Florida and buy in Clovis. They failed to take into account the much lower BAH rate and that no one really wanted to own a home in Clovis or Portales if they could help it. BTW, did that guy right out the front gate ever rebuild his Hay House after the wind blew it down? That thing was rediculous.

boricuaevo
09-17-2010, 05:39 AM
boricuaevo, hit me up if you ever get orders to Hurlburt and I'd be happy to help you out with info on the local area. I've been here 5 years and love it except for a few minor things like traffic. Hurricanes haven't been a problem since Dennis hit in '05 a month after I arrived here. The oil spil barely hit our beaches too. I'm sorry you've been at Cannon that long. I was there to help set up the 73rd AMU (C-130W's) and the base was practically desolate when I was there to the point where even the Commisary/BX was only open a few hours a day. We did have a say in helping to redisign the hangar for the 16th AMU (AC-130H) since the interior building layout and offices was retarded for getting maintenance done. A buddy of mine who works there says housing is a nightmare right now with more Airmen than there is housing. Have the local housing prices come back down since 2008? The Shifty 50 toured Hurlburt back in 2007 when AFSOC was getting Cannon and saw that home prices in the local area were around $200K ish before the crash and went back to Clovis and inflated the local housing values to match figuring that people would sell their homes in Florida and buy in Clovis. They failed to take into account the much lower BAH rate and that no one really wanted to own a home in Clovis or Portales if they could help it. BTW, did that guy right out the front gate ever rebuild his Hay House after the wind blew it down? That thing was rediculous.

IH8EngMTX,

Thanks for the reply and for offering to help. If I get Hurlburt I’d be sure to get with you, I’m not familiar with the West side of Florida. I’ve lived all over the East side of Florida forever. I’m originally from Puerto Rico so I’m used to the Hurricanes, it’s the Gateway to Hurricanes. We (Puertoricans) are used to spotting them in for a week or two :biggrin.
Yea, Cannon, it’s improved since I’ve been there believe it or not. Our previous Commander (Col Leahy) was so pissed off on how the Shifty 50 upped the prices on the local housing. I live passed 801 housing and Zema Elementary, the housing development called Stone Haven Estates. The prices on these damn houses are between $180-210K… Col Leahy had a group of folks from Herby come down and do an living assessment for our Airman, long story short our BAH was raised just enough to be able to afford these houses. The new Wing CC (Col Clark) has contracted some companies to build bigger Hangers for our CV-22s and C-130s, and the little Predator BEASTs….
The Commissary still closes on Mondays however, it stays open from 0800-1900 the rest of the week… The BX was recently renovated and it’s much bigger than before. I honestly believe and you might think I’m crazy but with these new Commanders coming in knowing the history of Clovis, they are going to make a big difference for our people to have a better living. Clovis/Cannon/Portales is only going to get bigger… Maybe a little better than before… As for the Cow shit, that’s staying there for a good minute. :puke
I hope that if I am able to get accepted for a class seat that I can pass the course with ease and able to get shipped off to either Herby or Nellis… My wife wants to be close to Phoenix, since that’s our future retirement location. :becky
P.S. The Gentleman that lives out the front gate did rebuild his house, we had a group of people help rebuild his house.

boricuaevo
09-17-2010, 07:38 AM
What do you have to do to get the commanders coordination?? I have all the forms for it, but thats the only thing that I am confused on.

WSULLY, I had the same problem. My commander was sitting on this paperwork for about a week... What you need to do is get with your Leadership and have them contact the commander to get this Coordination Reviewed, but follow up with it. My advice to you would be to let your leadership know you're going to see the 1st Shirt or the CEM about your retraining package.
My deployed Chief told me that a lot of Commanders do not know what to do on CC Coordination packages. All they do is review your package and coordinate your retraining with AFPC. Below is an example of what it will look like in AFPC My Stuff

Auto-Response 09/13/2010 09:42 AM
Retraining Request
Commander Coordination

1. Individual's attitude, behavior, and record does indicate a probability of success for retraining.

2. There are no quality factors that preclude this individual from retraining.

3. I recommend approval

Comments:

REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO BE PROACTIVE IF YOU WANT THIS FOR YOUR CAREER, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT LET LEADERSHIP GAMBLE WITH YOUR CAREER... FOLLOW UP, FOLLOW UP, AND FOLLOW UP. HAND CARRY EVERYTHING! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND ALL IN HERE AS WELL.

ellisc
09-17-2010, 04:15 PM
So yesterday my training manager called and said I had my training allocations. I start Aircrew Fundies 19 Nov. Anyone else with that date? Have to say I'm a little confused because I was reading awhile back about people who had January dates so i was assuming that I wouldn't be going until sometime around then. But also I was reading about the couple of slots that were opened up for Oct and Nov class seats. Beggars can't be choosers so I'm just going to roll with it, it's just a bit sooner than I wanted.

hugomk
09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
So yesterday my training manager called and said I had my training allocations. I start Aircrew Fundies 19 Nov. Anyone else with that date? Have to say I'm a little confused because I was reading awhile back about people who had January dates so i was assuming that I wouldn't be going until sometime around then. But also I was reading about the couple of slots that were opened up for Oct and Nov class seats. Beggars can't be choosers so I'm just going to roll with it, it's just a bit sooner than I wanted.

I'm sure there are those in this forum who would like to be in your shoes. Good luck in tech school.

ellisc
09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
My apologies to anyone who thought I was being ungrateful, that's not it at all. It's just I'm mil to mil and my other half is doing a 365 to Afghan in Jan, so i was just hoping to have a little more time to get our household/family situated before we both had to be gone at the same time. But we both knew this could be a possiblity so I'm not complaining, I just thought with others being approved before me with Jan dates that mine would also be around that time as well. I guess it's best to not try and figure out how things are assigned and allocated.

wsully
09-17-2010, 08:41 PM

How long ago did you apply?

I attached all of my paperwork to the AFPC site yesterday.

Jumper5
09-18-2010, 12:04 AM
... I hope that if I am able to get accepted for a class seat that I can pass the course with ease and able to get shipped off to either Herby or Nellis…

You aren't going to either of those anytime soon.

Creech, Cannon, and Whiteman are it for initial assignments.

boricuaevo
09-18-2010, 03:24 AM

Then so be it...

hugomk
09-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Then so be it...

And you can add Ellsworth AFB sometime the end of next year.

curtst
09-20-2010, 03:44 PM
And you can add Ellsworth AFB sometime the end of next year.

So glad I am staying at Whiteman!

ellisc
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
How long ago did you apply?

I attached all of my paperwork to the AFPC site yesterday.

My second application went status 3 on May 24.

lphill01
09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
So last week was a good week. This one, not so much...

I got my ETP back signed (went ahead and prepared one since all the overages disappeared while I was waiting on my 1042) and got my 1042 back stamped, and guess what happens? AFPC closed my application citing that Phase 1 has ended and I have to wait until Oct 1 to resubmit the eligibility request and do it all over again and watch all the slots vanish quickly in front of me. Retraining for anything requiring a 1042 just seems broken.

MACsensor
09-21-2010, 04:52 AM
...I'm probably going to be sent back to Cannon because I'm already here and it will save the AF money...

I'm no expert, but that is a good possibility. You're right, it would save the AF money, and I have known at least 4 people who when they retrained, they ended up going back to the base they were at. That includes someone on this forum going back to Whiteman after training. It seems to me that if your new AFSC is at your old base, there is a good chance you'll stay there. Plus, if you're already AFSOC, they may very well keep you. Like I said, I'm not the expert. I'm just letting you know what I've seen.

boricuaevo
09-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I understand. I'm prepared for it, I already have a house here... I got many places the wife and I can go visit. I've been here 4 years, what's another 4 right? :cry

Barberakb
09-21-2010, 05:04 PM
So last week was a good week. This one, not so much...

I got my ETP back signed (went ahead and prepared one since all the overages disappeared while I was waiting on my 1042) and got my 1042 back stamped, and guess what happens? AFPC closed my application citing that Phase 1 has ended and I have to wait until Oct 1 to resubmit the eligibility request and do it all over again and watch all the slots vanish quickly in front of me. Retraining for anything requiring a 1042 just seems broken.

Join the club. I started this process back in Jan. and had a status 3 until I got told the same thing. Just resubmit, nothing else you can do.

lphill01
09-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Yep... I'll just keep playing their game. At least this time, I already have all the paperwork.

boricuaevo
09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Looks like my package was referred to the AFPC Business Process Owner (BPO)... The end of FY10 is almost near... Should hear something about classes sometime soon...

Owen445x
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I apologize if my question has already been answered in a previous thread but I didn't notice one while searching.

I applied for cross training into 1A111 and 1A711 and was approved for both back in October of last year.. after completing the class 3 and all the leg work to complete my package I submitted it to AFPC.

On May 20th I received a message stating -
Application updated in the Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS). Your Application is now pending FINAL Approval/Disapproval from HQ AFPC/DPSOAR.

I've been checking my status code and praying to god it will change from a 3 to a 5 someday and after 120 days I messaged back asking the status of my application.

Here is what I got.
Response (SSgt XXXX) 09/23/2010 01:45 PM
Airstaff has put a hold on all 1U applicant ETPs. Standfast for more information sir!

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? I've been working on this for almost an entire year and it's very frustrating to have to wait so long to get into a critically manned career field.

Barberakb
09-24-2010, 03:48 PM
You have to wait and resubmit next month. They aren't accepting ETP's right now.

Owen445x
09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I submitted my documentation on March 26th to AFPC and it took them 2 months to submit to HQ AFPC for another review and now its been over 120 days.

Owen445x
09-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I submitted my documentation on March 26th to AFPC and it took them 2 months to submit to HQ AFPC for another review and now its been over 120 days and now have to do it all over again on October?

Barberakb
09-24-2010, 03:57 PM
That is correct. I know because I have to do the same thing!!!

Owen445x
09-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Lovely... going to be doing CST training next month then going over to IRAQ.. guess ill never get to cross train if they screw people over like this.

ryno
09-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Anyone meeting the board in Sept? just seeing how many applicants Im up against! Any FTA's?

kjdjr18
09-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I am! FTA SSgt 4 years in here! good luck!

imported_tyler88s10
09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
For those of you who have been through BSOC at Randolph lately.....what time is the first day of class at? Ive called the school house numerous times with no answer. Will they have class info at billeting? Thanks in advance.

ryno
09-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I am a staff select with 3 years in..wondering if I will be going up for a Staff slot? I hope not, there are more SrA spots! I dont understand that part of the process...if there are 36 spots I cant imagine more than 36 FTAs applying for the spots so I dont know why it would have to go past the first month board you go to? anyone have any insight?

curtst
09-25-2010, 01:28 AM
For those of you who have been through BSOC at Randolph lately.....what time is the first day of class at? Ive called the school house numerous times with no answer. Will they have class info at billeting? Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly you should start the class at 0800. You should receive a welcome letter with the info during aircrew fundies.

Jumper5
09-25-2010, 02:28 AM

If I remember correctly you should start the class at 0800. You should receive a welcome letter with the info during aircrew fundies.

Curt is correct.

boricuaevo
09-25-2010, 03:28 AM

Damn, sounds exciting that you are that close! Good luck!

turbosmitty
09-25-2010, 05:18 AM
I've been in the works of retraining into 1U0X1 for a while now. I'm now getting close to my 2nd enlistment DOS on 15 March 2011. If I get approved I realize I need to have 36 months of retainability. I would put in for an extension instead of re-enlisting in my current career field. Will I have to wait until my extension is over with before I'm able to re-enlist, or will they add my extension as obligated service to my new enlistment? I've looked in the AFI 36-2606, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm looking to re-enlist for another 6 years and have no problems if I'm required to add my remaining extension.

hugomk
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
I am a staff select with 3 years in..wondering if I will be going up for a Staff slot? I hope not, there are more SrA spots! I dont understand that part of the process...if there are 36 spots I cant imagine more than 36 FTAs applying for the spots so I dont know why it would have to go past the first month board you go to? anyone have any insight?

I believe you will be going against FTA only. You will be going against SrA and SrA staff select.

imported_tyler88s10
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Curt is correct.

Thanks for the Info fellas. I have already been through Aircrew funies, so no welcome letter for me :(. Do we report to the Auditorium or something or is their certain instructions for 1st day class attendees. thanks guys

curtst
09-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the Info fellas. I have already been through Aircrew funies, so no welcome letter for me :(. Do we report to the Auditorium or something or is their certain instructions for 1st day class attendees. thanks guys

Go in to the rear entrance of the BSOC building. First classroom on the right.

boricuaevo
09-26-2010, 04:44 AM
End of Year ends Sep 30th, 23:59hours... We shall see what happens to all who are waiting for responses and dates...

Good luck all

boricuaevo
09-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Pretty interesting read (Posted in 09). Sensor Operators in an MC-12 (http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123153609)

boricuaevo
09-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Interesting read... (posted in 09 but still)

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123153609

curtst
09-27-2010, 12:53 AM
I didn't bring them because the med folk won't let you hand carry them. At fundies they didn't care if the 1Us brought them just the other CEA. At BSOC the med folks asked for them but said they would request your clinic to send your records to them. Some people they did, some people they didn't. They never had mine so hopefully they are still here lol.

boricuaevo
09-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Have fun and best of luck to ya!

curtst
09-27-2010, 04:28 PM
@ anyone that recently attended fundies/bsoc, any last minute info/advice on what I need to bring and/or be prepared for?

Thanks!

Bring something to entertain yourself with. Laptop and a CAC reader would have been nice while I was there. During aircrew fundies and BSOC be prepared to do PT. I think it is just once or twice a week during fundies but at BSOC you will do PT with the first term airmen 3 days a week, along with practice PT tests. We did two practice PT tests when I was in BSOC.

Not sure what else to say. Make sure your blues and ABU's are good to go. Study. Good luck!!

ellisc
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I just had to extend for 2 months last Friday. I believe from what she was telling me at reenlistments is that once you graduate tech school you can then cancel your extension and reenlist in the 1U career field. Don't quote me on it but from what I understand that is how it works. I just reenlisted in Jan so I would have to much obligated service to make it worth my while to reenlist after tech school but for those who are close to there DOS it may make more sense. It's a pretty complicated system of how they figure this stuff out, so you may want to find someone over in your MPF who knows what their doing and see if you can sit down with them and have them explain it to you.

turbosmitty
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I just had to extend for 2 months last Friday. I believe from what she was telling me at reenlistments is that once you graduate tech school you can then cancel your extension and reenlist in the 1U career field. Don't quote me on it but from what I understand that is how it works. I just reenlisted in Jan so I would have to much obligated service to make it worth my while to reenlist after tech school but for those who are close to there DOS it may make more sense. It's a pretty complicated system of how they figure this stuff out, so you may want to find someone over in your MPF who knows what their doing and see if you can sit down with them and have them explain it to you.

Thanks for the input...I hope this is true.

IH8EngMTX
09-27-2010, 10:18 PM

I 've been told basically the same thing. My original DOS was this Dec but I had to extend 2 months for the deployment I'm on. This was 2 weeks before my application was approved. I will do another extension as soon as I get back to make me current through BSOC and then re-enlist as a Sensor Op. hopefully with the bonus (but I am not counting on it, don't want to be dissapointed if it doesn't happen).

ryno
09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
The SRB for this job is huge, do you think it will stay that way for a long time, or do you think its huge because its a new AFSC, and they want bodies in this career field?

ellisc
09-28-2010, 02:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I have almost 3 years to go before I would be eligible for it but SRB's change so often there is no guarantee. My thoughts were that back when SO's were 1N1's it always seemed like they had a bonus and with all the demand and expansion in the career field it seems like it would stay around for awhile, but you can never count on it for the long term. I don't want to count on it either, I'm just glad to be doing something different so if it's around when I reenlist that's great, if not o well there's nothing that can be done, I'll just have to dream about would could of been!! I missed my last bonus by 19 days so it really sucks but that's just how it goes sometimes, you have to start lining things up early to take advantage of those things.

blueroomer
09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I just went status 6! I go to aircrew fundies on the 28th of Jan. Anyone else on here with this date? I think there is but I need to look over some of the earlier posts.

Aryan6
09-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Im in the reserves trying to go active duty. In Feb. i had my packet submitted and approved in May to cross train into 1U. The program shut down and now as were all waiting is bout to come back up Oct 1st. Since i was already approved and awaiting a tech school date shouldn't that meen i should be in the same boat with the same job? I was also seeing if anyone knew of any more school dates and when the schools were moving to holloman AFB.

ryno
09-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah I have 3 years until I would have reenlist too. I first hope to get this job, meeting the borad for the first time this month, and it would be great to get at least one SRB, but im in the same boat, I just want to do something different, I hate the hospital!

ryno
09-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Im in the reserves trying to go active duty. In Feb. i had my packet submitted and approved in May to cross train into 1U. The program shut down and now as were all waiting is bout to come back up Oct 1st. Since i was already approved and awaiting a tech school date shouldn't that meen i should be in the same boat with the same job? I was also seeing if anyone knew of any more school dates and when the schools were moving to holloman AFB.

What program shut down???

boricuaevo
09-28-2010, 06:30 PM
I got a 6 too!!!!!! I'm too excited!!!

Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 28 SEP 2010.

Retraining AFSC: 1U011

Projected Course Name: Aircrew Fundamentals w/o Chamber Qualification
Projected Course Number: L3AQRXXXXX 01AA
Projected Course Start Date: 07 JAN 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 25 JAN 2011

Projected Course Name: UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS) BASIC SENSOR OPERATOR COURSE (BSOC)
Projected Course Number: UAS BSOC
Projected Course Start Date: 28 JAN 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 01 MAR 2011

Projected Course Name: UAS FUNDAMENTALS COURSE (UFC)
Projected Course Number: UP4AA E
Projected Course Start Date: 04 MAR 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 01 APR 2011

boricuaevo
09-28-2010, 06:37 PM
7yrs of trying to retrain and finally NCORP was the key!

curtst
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
7yrs of trying to retrain and finally NCORP was the key!

Good lord I wish they would have had all my classes scheduled when I left for fundies. I had to keep getting admendments to my orders. What a hassle. Of course not as much as a hassle trying to get orders for FTU but I finally got the funds approved for that so I should have orders for that shortly.

Good luck!

ryno
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
So you were approved today? I thought the board met the end of the month? or did you get approved (status 5 ) before and just got approved for an actual class date today? I am waiting to meet the board this month. I hope you arent, cuz I didnt get approved today!

boricuaevo
09-29-2010, 04:58 AM
Well because I was under the NCORP I didn't have to meet the board look at AFPCs response

On 09/14/2010 06:23 AM Total Force Service Center - San Antonio responded:

TSgt Santaella,

NCORP packages do not meet a board. We process them first come, first served. Your package will be review shortly now that we have your commander's coordination.

On 09/14/2010 02:42 AM TSgt SANTAELLA responded:

Hi, Just curious if my package meets this months board or will it carry over to next month?

TSgt Santaella

As soon as my commander approved, I was put on Status 5, NCORP took precedence over ETPs and what not... 2 weeks later... yesterday (28 Sep) I found out that I was moved to status 6 and had class dates....

ellisc
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Does anyone here start Aircrew Fundies on 19 Nov? Is anyone still trying to stay at Kelly instead of Lackland for the per diem?

vanzan21
09-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Does anyone have a good exception to policy letter for retraining into 1U? I don't have any projected outs for my career field and they are going to require me to produce a exception to policy letter to retrain.

Thanks!

Aryan6
09-29-2010, 11:05 PM
What program shut down???

Prior Service Program FY 2010

ScoobyGSX
09-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Does anyone have a good exception to policy letter for retraining into 1U? I don't have any projected outs for my career field and they are going to require me to produce a exception to policy letter to retrain.

Thanks!

Check your pms

familymanva
09-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Greetings from Lackland! :) Just arrived this evening, can't wait to start class on Friday. Anyone else in that Aircrew Fundies class as well? I tried to stay at Kelly Inn, but they didn't have any space available. Oh well. I'll let you all know how it goes, my friend just finished the class and only missed one question between both block tests, so it can't be too hard. :)

curtst
09-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Check your pms

That is very nice Scoob, saying that this person has PMS...

curtst
09-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Check your pms

That is very nice Scoob, saying that this person has PMS...

rlewis55
09-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Well because I was under the NCORP I didn't have to meet the board look at AFPCs response

As soon as my commander approved, I was put on Status 5, NCORP took precedence over ETPs and what not... 2 weeks later... yesterday (28 Sep) I found out that I was moved to status 6 and had class dates....

Did you use an ETP?

boricuaevo
09-30-2010, 03:29 PM
No I did not, I didn't need to. I was put on the NCORP program the day after I left Cannon to Norfolk, VA. on my way to Afghanistan.

sfiforlife
10-01-2010, 02:47 AM
What a journey this has been so far.....

I started my retraining package about a year and a half ago. Medical lost my paperwork 4 times in a row (Im not exaggerating). I obtained approval from my commander while I was at my last station and had to resubmit again after PCSing along with submitting an ETP letter since I was no longer within my window (7 and a half years in, staff for 2 years) I managed to maintain my First term status by extending.

As soon as I was approved by my new commander along with submitting my ETP letter JUST intime for SEP board (and I mean literly on the same day of the board). I was approved and went from status 3 to 5 in exactly 1 hour. I noticed 3 slots dissapearing from the quotas afterwards so I guess 2 other FTA's were accepted that day as well.

Currently waiting on a class date, today is day 2 of status 5 and am going to check my status tonight again to see if it hit 6.

Anyone else JUST get status 6? If so how far out are your class dates?

Thank you and looking forward to retraining with some of you.

boricuaevo
10-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Currently waiting on a class date, today is day 2 of status 5 and am going to check my status tonight again to see if it hit 6.

Well I got my Class III done and approved in 4 days on the 3 of Sep while in Bagram, I had a previous one done 2yrs ago but it was expired 4 months ago. So the Col (Flight Surgeon) in Bagram helped me out because of the NCORP... .Submitted retraining application on the 4th, commander approved on the 12th...On the 14th, I got a Code 5. got a 6 on the 28th with a class date starting the 7th of Jan 2011...

Good luck to all and hope to see you there.

sfiforlife
10-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Your the second person in the last few pages that said Jan 2011 timeframe for a class start date. Thanks for the immediate response boricuaevo and good luck!

boricuaevo
10-01-2010, 03:41 AM
No worries, hope to see ya there!:becky

rlewis55
10-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Well as of 0639 this morning AFPC time my case has been reopened, all paperwork is c/w just waiting on a status change...this has been the most helpful forum ever thanks for all the posts and wealth of information...any thoughts???

shotdown
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Just got my case reopened as well. I just submitted the application to my Commander and then it's off to AFPC.

Barberakb
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
How did you guys get approved to retrain so quick. Wasn't today the first day that you could seek approval again. Or did they just turn it around that quick?

shotdown
10-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I had pre-approval but since I had an ETP, they closed my case. I called today and asked them to reopen it. Once they did that, I just made sure all attachments were there and I hit submit.

Barberakb
10-01-2010, 05:25 PM
When you say pre approval what do you mean? What status were you because I was status 3.

shotdown
10-01-2010, 05:58 PM
When you say pre approval what do you mean? What status were you because I was status 3.

Pre-Approval as I can train into UAS SO career field. When I submitted my package the first, I didn't have a status code.

shotdown
10-01-2010, 05:58 PM

Pre-Approval as I can train into UAS SO career field. When I submitted my package the first time, I didn't have a status code.

Barberakb
10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Grrrrr, stupid AFPC workers steered me the wrong way again. I hate that freaking place!

blueroomer
10-01-2010, 06:37 PM

I went stat 6 on 28 Sep and my classes start 28 Jan. These next four months probably won't go fast enough.

shotdown
10-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Grrrrr, stupid AFPC workers steered me the wrong way again. I hate that freaking place!
What's going on?

Barberakb
10-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh, I called them first thing this morning and they told me I had to start all over like my package was gone. Just called them back after seeing your post and they just reopened my case. I shouldn't have to double check what they tell me though. Its very annoying. Especially since I started this process almost a year ago.

shotdown
10-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I've had to double check with them many times. Especially regarding the ETP letter. They kept telling me that I didn't need it. Btw, when I called today, they just asked me for the case number.

sfiforlife
10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I went stat 6 on 28 Sep and my classes start 28 Jan. These next four months probably won't go fast enough.

First and foremost, congratulations!

I'm sure time will fly by before you know it! So how long did it take you to go from status 5 to 6? Were you in the same boat as buricuaevo (status 5 on the 14th, status 6 on the 28th) ?

sfiforlife
10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
How did you guys get approved to retrain so quick. Wasn't today the first day that you could seek approval again. Or did they just turn it around that quick?

I'm assuming you mean how do you go from status 3 to status 5.

The board reviews usually are held at the end of each month. In this case it was the 28th of SEP. If you did not submit or make that board then you will have to wait another month for your chance to go from 3 to 5 as a FTA. If your retraining under NCORP on the otherhand, appearantly you don't need to go through a board as mentioned a few post back. I'm not too familiar with how that works exactly.

blueroomer
10-01-2010, 11:13 PM
First and foremost, congratulations!

I'm sure time will fly by before you know it! So how long did it take you to go from status 5 to 6? Were you in the same boat as buricuaevo (status 5 on the 14th, status 6 on the 28th) ?

Thanks. Nope, I went stat 5 on Aug 10th so I waited nearly 8 weeks for stat 6. I'm also an FTA.

lphill01
10-02-2010, 03:32 AM
AFPC is officially worse than the DMV. I tried to reopen my case, and was told I had to start over. So when they get around to approving my eligibility again, all the slots will be gone. But, maybe 6th time will be the charm...

boricuaevo
10-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm currently thinking how time is soooooo damn slow... I'm also deployed in a location that is small and work is slow... If I was really busy I'd be good, I have so much time in my hands that all I think about is this school next year...

I know it'll get there slowly but surely.

sfiforlife
10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Start a workout routine! make it a goal to gain 20 pounds of muscle in 4 months! Thats all we did on our deployments. We got big! haha....ahh I need to deploy again....

boricuaevo
10-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Start a workout routine! make it a goal to gain 20 pounds of muscle in 4 months! Thats all we did on our deployments. We got big! haha....ahh I need to deploy again....

I feel you, this is not my first deployment though... That's the best advice actually to give to someone deployed for the first time though. I have been working out however, this shit hole in Sharana is huge and spreadout but with small facilities. There are close to 8k Army Airborne here and about 30 AF.... Waiting to go eat and looking for space in the gym is a B****...

All good, my office has an XBOX 360, PS3, and a WII system thanks to USO.:heh

gundog
10-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I apologize if my question has already been answered in a previous thread but I didn't notice one while searching.

I applied for cross training into 1A111 and 1A711 and was approved for both back in October of last year.. after completing the class 3 and all the leg work to complete my package I submitted it to AFPC.

On May 20th I received a message stating -
Application updated in the Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS). Your Application is now pending FINAL Approval/Disapproval from HQ AFPC/DPSOAR.

I've been checking my status code and praying to god it will change from a 3 to a 5 someday and after 120 days I messaged back asking the status of my application.

Here is what I got.
Response (SSgt XXXX) 09/23/2010 01:45 PM
Airstaff has put a hold on all 1U applicant ETPs. Standfast for more information sir!

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on? I've been working on this for almost an entire year and it's very frustrating to have to wait so long to get into a critically manned career field.

Maybe you should call the CEA Recruiter at (703) 697-1717 or DSN 227-1717

Aryan6
10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Who do i call at Air staff to see about my packet and what is the #? Also, will they be able to tell me anything? Since im prior service trying to get into the career field? Im currently going through a recruiter but he said he cannot call anyone nor does he know who to call?

Haunted
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
All I know is there are only 5 sensor slots for PS applicants. There isn't any tech school dates for the 1st quarter of the fiscal year. There are over 25 PS people waiting for a tech school date from last fiscal year. Hopefully your in that top 5.

debocaliman
10-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Hit status 6 Today start Tech School 18 Feb so excited !

Aryan6
10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
All I know is there are only 5 sensor slots for PS applicants. There isn't any tech school dates for the 1st quarter of the fiscal year. There are over 25 PS people waiting for a tech school date from last fiscal year. Hopefully your in that top 5.

Damn... Well i was approved awaiting a tech school date FY 2010 then the program shut down so i had to wait till FY2011.. Supposedly my packets should be at the same level awaiting a tech school date.
Ima be way pissed if i banked out on this n it falls through.. Whats the first quarter consist of?

Aryan6
10-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Disregard that quarter question. lol Thanks for the info. Hope I'll get into one of those slots.

lphill01
10-06-2010, 12:07 AM
All I know is there are only 5 sensor slots for PS applicants.

Where did you get this?

BTW- I got my eligibility request back quicker than I thought I would, and submitted my package to my CC this morning. Now I'm counting days.

kjdjr18
10-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Question- So if i didnt change from status 3 after the Oct 1 board does that mean it can't change untill the November board now? If im approved that is. Thanks

Haunted
10-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Remember we are talking about prior service candidates only. These are the jobs and number of slots available for PS.

- 1C2X1 (Combat Control) (3)
- 1T2X1 (Pararescue) (2)
- 1C431 (TACP) (2)
- 3P031B (Combat Arms) (20)
- 1U031 (RPA Sensor Operator) (5)
- 1T0X1 (Survival, Evasion, Resist, and Escape Ops) (7)
- 3E8X1 (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) (3)
- 8R000 (Recruiter) (30)
- 6C0X1 (Contracting) (30)

Aryan6
10-06-2010, 12:44 AM
That looks exactly like last years list. How did you get the list? I didnt think it waas even out yet.. Or at least thats what my recruiter has told me...

Haunted
10-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Yea pretty much identical to last years list. Only way less sensor slots unfortunately.

hugomk
10-06-2010, 03:37 AM
That looks exactly like last years list. How did you get the list? I didnt think it waas even out yet.. Or at least thats what my recruiter has told me...

I'm just wondering why do you have a recruiter? Do you need a recruiter to cross train?

Haunted
10-06-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm just wondering why do you have a recruiter? Do you need a recruiter to cross train?

Like I said, this is for prior service applicants.

blueroomer
10-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Hit status 6 Today start Tech School 18 Feb so excited !

Is that your BSOC date or Aircrew Fundies? Just curious cus 18 FEB is my BSOC start date.

debocaliman
10-06-2010, 02:28 PM
that is my aircrew fundies

rlewis55
10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Alright all my hard work paid off....Status 5 waiting on a class date... any ideas on how long that takes and when the next class dates are i saw a post with 18 Feb....Thanks for all the info..

sfiforlife
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Status 6! Class date 11th March.

rlewis55
10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Status 6! Class date 11th March.

how long did it take for you to go status 6

gundog
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Who do i call at Air staff to see about my packet and what is the #? Also, will they be able to tell me anything? Since im prior service trying to get into the career field? Im currently going through a recruiter but he said he cannot call anyone nor does he know who to call?

What did you do as a prior?

sfiforlife
10-06-2010, 05:22 PM
how long did it take for you to go status 6

Took exactly 1 hour to go from status 3 to status 5 and 6 days to go upto 6.

rlewis55
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Took exactly 1 hour to go from status 3 to status 5 and 6 days to go upto 6.

Good deal man I hope to see you there in March...

shotdown
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Well I just went Status 3. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Your Retraining Application Status is HQ AFPC PROCESSING(3) as of 06 OCT 2010.

IH8EngMTX
10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
that is my aircrew fundies

We're in the same class. See you then.

turbosmitty
10-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm currently waiting for an approval from AETC on a waiver that was submitted for my flight physical. My flight physical was accomplished on 16 April...I've gone through entirely too much red tape and waiting since then. After many phone calls to flight medicine...I finally get the answer that my waiver was submitted on 27th Sept. This is taking entirely too long just to get a 1042. I originally started my retraining 20 Jan 2010. :tsk:tsk

Has anyone needed a waiver for their flight physical? Just wondering the estimated time line.

curtst
10-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Alright all my hard work paid off....Status 5 waiting on a class date... any ideas on how long that takes and when the next class dates are i saw a post with 18 Feb....Thanks for all the info..

It's going to vary, but it seems a lot of people are getting dates quick with plenty of notice. Took me about 8 weeks to go from 5 to 6 and started class less than a week and a half later lol.

The whole process took forever. I started the entire process Oct 2009. I am just now getting to FTU lol. I already had a class III physical as well, so I wonder how much longer it would have been had I not already had one!

familymanva
10-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm currently waiting for an approval from AETC on a waiver that was submitted for my flight physical. My flight physical was accomplished on 16 April...I've gone through entirely too much red tape and waiting since then. After many phone calls to flight medicine...I finally get the answer that my waiver was submitted on 27th Sept. This is taking entirely too long just to get a 1042. I originally started my retraining 20 Jan 2010. :tsk:tsk

Has anyone needed a waiver for their flight physical? Just wondering the estimated time line.

It depends on what the waiver is for. The more serious the condition the longer it could take. I knew someone who waited 6 months for a waiver for being colorblind to come back(for ATC, which is the same class III physical). It goes from your wing/base flight surgeon up to the MAJCOM for approval, so if you can work your way up the chain to find out its status there, that would be your best bet.

familymanva
10-07-2010, 11:05 PM
On a different note...

About to take my block one test for Aircrew Fundies tomorrow. I will tell you one thing: come prepared to study your a$$ off. It's not difficult information, but it definitely gives me a better appreciation of what people told me before I left... it's like inserting a firehose in your mouth and trying to drink. My class has about 7 priors, and 8 tech-schoolers in it from A1C to Staff (for the priors) and 4 of us are 1U. They said that of the 3 fundies classes going on right now, 1U makes up the largest portion out of any other aircrew job. Wish you all the best of luck once you get started!

boricuaevo
10-08-2010, 03:01 AM
On a different note...

About to take my block one test for Aircrew Fundies tomorrow. I will tell you one thing: come prepared to study your a$$ off. It's not difficult information, but it definitely gives me a better appreciation of what people told me before I left... it's like inserting a firehose in your mouth and trying to drink. My class has about 7 priors, and 8 tech-schoolers in it from A1C to Staff (for the priors) and 4 of us are 1U. They said that of the 3 fundies classes going on right now, 1U makes up the largest portion out of any other aircrew job. Wish you all the best of luck once you get started!

Man, good luck to you!

boricuaevo
10-08-2010, 03:04 AM
Also I just received a message from my home base talking about civilians that are Prior Service and what to do to come back in the AF. I wish I can post the forms that they attached to help out some of the priors in here. It's good info!

If you need the email pm me with your email address and I will shoot that email to you! Best of luck to all!

boricuaevo
10-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Sorry for the many posts. Here's the message sent from a AFPC Functional Manager, CAA and FTAC Programs HQ AFPC/DPSIDA

Leaders,
Here' some information on the FY11 Prior Service program.
---------------------------------

The attached documents are what goes out to recruiters to announce the
guidelines for the FY11 Prior Service program. This info may be handy for
the career advisors to have in order to provide a realistic view of how
limited the opportunity really is to return to Regular Air Force service
when people make the decision to separate. This year's program is limited
to only 250 total accessions. Those members who make the cut not only have
to meet the very limited criteria on the PS Matrix (have exact AFSC and
years of service required) they also have to have excellent EPRs, be
reviewed by the CFM, and meet initial enlisted accession qualifications
(found in AFRSI 36-2001) among which they can't have any VA disability, be
single with children, married to military with children, have to meet HT/WT
standards, have good credit, etc.

If they meet the eligibility criteria but their AFSC is not on the prior
service matrix, there are limited AFSCs available for retraining--CCT, PJ,
TACP, CATM (must be 3P0), RPA Senor Operator, SERE, EOD, Recruiter,
Contracting.

Gamble
10-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Yo blueroomer. I got jan 28th. holler at me!

boricuaevo
10-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Anybody got 7 Jan for Aircrew Fundies? I know some of you have Aircrew backgrounds so you don't need it, I do need it however.

I start 28 Jan on BSOC though!

lphill01
10-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Congrats!!

My CC signed off on my package last Thursday, but AFPC kicked it back because my 1042 didn't have the statement in the remarks regarding GBAC qualification IAW 48-123 (It's an FCIII with GBAC requirements) so I had the 1042 modified and uploaded Friday, so now I'm waiting through the weekend to find out if I'm approved or not.

Other useful note- If anyone has any issues getting equipment (ie. flightsuits, etc) from their loosing unit (they're supposed to supply you) for class and needs the reg, I found it-

AFMAN 23-110 (Supply) Vol 2, Part 2, Chapter 23, Para 23.34. (Don't quote me on the paragraph, since I just recited that from memory.

ScoobyGSX
10-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Congrats!!

My CC signed off on my package last Thursday, but AFPC kicked it back because my 1042 didn't have the statement in the remarks regarding GBAC qualification IAW 48-123 (It's an FCIII with GBAC requirements) so I had the 1042 modified and uploaded Friday, so now I'm waiting through the weekend to find out if I'm approved or not.

Other useful note- If anyone has any issues getting equipment (ie. flightsuits, etc) from their loosing unit (they're supposed to supply you) for class and needs the reg, I found it-

AFMAN 23-110 (Supply) Vol 2, Part 2, Chapter 23, Para 23.34. (Don't quote me on the paragraph, since I just recited that from memory.

Eh...Losing unit supplies you with flight suits? Nope. Only thing you need to show up to Aircrew Fundies with is a pen. They will issue you flight suits in BSOC. Your losing unit shouldn't supply you with anything but orders. They won't issue you flight suits only to have you fail out of Aircrew Fundies..not that it's going to happen to you, but it happens in almost every class.

boricuaevo
10-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Also 23-110 Vol2, Pt 2, Ch 23, Para 23.34.2 States the following:

23.34.2. Responsibility of the Training Location. Training locations conducting aircrew courses provide
clothing/equipment which were not available at the losing base. Requirements should be
included in the budget of the school for these contingencies.

lphill01
10-10-2010, 03:29 AM
That's how the 1A's are doing it.

IH8EngMTX
10-10-2010, 03:42 AM
My co-worker here on my deployment who just got Flight Engineer retraining approved told me about this uniform issue stuff. It's supposed to be for once you get out of tech school and are about to PCS to your new base (or unit if you stay on the same base). It does say on the class info site that you do not need to bring a flight suit as you can't wear it and I remember somone posting tons of pages back that you get it after BSOC.

Hey Scooby, how much "free time" did you honestly have everday after classes, studying, personal business (gym, shower, food, laundry). I'm just curious. Personnally, I wont be doing anything but studying as this is too important to me to screw up. I'm getting all my tv, movie, videogaming out of my system on this deployment.

ScoobyGSX
10-10-2010, 04:26 AM
My co-worker here on my deployment who just got Flight Engineer retraining approved told me about this uniform issue stuff. It's supposed to be for once you get out of tech school and are about to PCS to your new base (or unit if you stay on the same base). It does say on the class info site that you do not need to bring a flight suit as you can't wear it and I remember somone posting tons of pages back that you get it after BSOC.

Hey Scooby, how much "free time" did you honestly have everday after classes, studying, personal business (gym, shower, food, laundry). I'm just curious. Personnally, I wont be doing anything but studying as this is too important to me to screw up. I'm getting all my tv, movie, videogaming out of my system on this deployment.

Yep. You get flight suits after you complete BSOC, & you wear them to RFC.

Free time? Aircrew fundies, we normally got off at 3:45 if I remember correctly..so the rest of the day is yours to do whatever.
BSOC, we got off around 4. Rest of the day is yours..
RFC, we got off anywhere from 3 to 5 usually. Just depends on what instructors you have.

So you'll have plenty of free time..yeah I said I would do nothing but study, too. Until I realized the material really isn't that hard. The only time I studied was the night before the tests. Some people tried to study every day though...way overkill if you ask me. It's not rocket science, fundies & bsoc are just that. 'Fundamentals' and 'basic' stuff. See spot run...nothing too in depth. If you go there with no vehicle & no form of entertainment like Xbox or laptop, you're going to be bored beyond belief, unless somebody in your class is willing to drive everywhere..& you can only go to San Antonio so many times before it gets old.

boricuaevo
10-10-2010, 04:32 AM

Free time? Aircrew fundies, we normally got off at 3:45 if I remember correctly..so the rest of the day is yours to do whatever.
RFC, we got off anywhere from 3 to 5 usually. Just depends on what instructors you have.

So you'll have plenty of free time..yeah I said I would do nothing but study, too. Until I realized the material really isn't that hard. The only time I studied was the night before the tests. Some people tried to study every day though...way overkill if you ask me. It's not rocket science, fundies & bsoc are just that. 'Fundamentals' and 'basic' stuff. See spot run...nothing too in depth.

That's some good info ScoobyGSX, I guess a lot of us are just afraid to fail out and just get sent back to hell (Original Job).... We want to ace the class or atleast just make it. I'm not too worried... If we've been waiting for so long in something we wanted to do, that motivation will kick in...:pray

familymanva
10-10-2010, 03:42 PM

So you'll have plenty of free time..yeah I said I would do nothing but study, too. Until I realized the material really isn't that hard. The only time I studied was the night before the tests. Some people tried to study every day though...way overkill if you ask me. It's not rocket science, fundies & bsoc are just that. 'Fundamentals' and 'basic' stuff. See spot run...nothing too in depth. If you go there with no vehicle & no form of entertainment like Xbox or laptop, you're going to be bored beyond belief, unless somebody in your class is willing to drive everywhere..& you can only go to San Antonio so many times before it gets old.

Took my block one test on Friday for fundies and got a 97.5(missed one). We got out of class every day about 4, and then the priors studied for about an hour each night. Still had plenty of time for the gym, dinner, then time to unwind. After taking the test do I think we over studied? Maybe... but I think the reason the test seemed so easy is because of the work we put in. We had a lot of 85s among the people who didn't study as much, but hey... passing is passing. I just didn't want to risk it. Out of 45 people in 3 classes we only had 2 failures... so it's really not that bad.

lphill01
10-11-2010, 04:38 AM
When is PT and what's it like? The training days seem alot more relaxed than Keesler was, but they had a condensed work week. Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get an answer from AFPC.

boricuaevo
10-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Took my block one test on Friday for fundies and got a 97.5(missed one). We got out of class every day about 4, and then the priors studied for about an hour each night. Still had plenty of time for the gym, dinner, then time to unwind. After taking the test do I think we over studied? Maybe... but I think the reason the test seemed so easy is because of the work we put in. We had a lot of 85s among the people who didn't study as much, but hey... passing is passing. I just didn't want to risk it. Out of 45 people in 3 classes we only had 2 failures... so it's really not that bad.

Thanks for the in familymanva. Good score! Keep it up!

I'm next... :heh

curtst
10-11-2010, 07:40 PM
When is PT and what's it like? The training days seem alot more relaxed than Keesler was, but they had a condensed work week. Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get an answer from AFPC.

When I was there Fundies was in the afternoon I think on Weds. BSOC was Mon, Weds and Fri in the morning at 0630. RFC, as long as you passed the practice PT test was pretty much on your own except we did "group" PT on Weds morning. Never really did anything during fundies, we were always able to get out of it for one reason or another, but they usually just run. BSOC, you are out there doing the same thing with first term airmen, so lots of running and push-ups and sit-ups and whatever they makeup.

Of course by the time you get there it will all change. More than likely all that will change is the time you do it, but who knows.

familymanva
10-11-2010, 07:57 PM

We had PT on Thursday for prior service. It was self paced, just had to show up at the gym for about 30min. No big deal. I'll let you know what BSOC is like.

f16crewchief
10-11-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm an F-16 crew chief (if you couldn't tell from the name) that has the opportunity to re-train to this career field. I have read ALOT of these posts and after a while they all seem to mesh together and pretty much I get lost in them. I was wondering if someone could tell me alittle about the daily job of a SO. I've read about what they actually do but what are the deployment rates like, the daily day to day job. Is the 7.0 SRB worth the job/stress? Do you guys enjoy doing it? I have friends at Creech that are working on the UAV's but no knowledge of what all goes on with the SO job. Any help with this is appreciated.

curtst
10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm an F-16 crew chief (if you couldn't tell from the name) that has the opportunity to re-train to this career field. I have read ALOT of these posts and after a while they all seem to mesh together and pretty much I get lost in them. I was wondering if someone could tell me alittle about the daily job of a SO. I've read about what they actually do but what are the deployment rates like, the daily day to day job. Is the 7.0 SRB worth the job/stress? Do you guys enjoy doing it? I have friends at Creech that are working on the UAV's but no knowledge of what all goes on with the SO job. Any help with this is appreciated.

What you do is really going to vary from squadron to squadron even what MAJCOM you are with. Same thing with hours and days you work, you will never really get a straight answer, couldn't even get a straight answer from the instructors at BSOC who have doing the job for years.

Deployment rates are low. SO field has a very small foot print for deployed crews. When/if you deploy again depends on the squadron. It is practically on a volunteer basis and they have a lot of people volunteer.

So far I love it the job, of course I just finished BSOC and RFC not too long ago and here at Creech for FTU now, so we will see how much I like it soon enough. From what I have heard from other people they love it, I haven't talked to a SO that doesn't like his or her job. Not saying there isn't people, I heard stories that I am not going to talk about on here, but the job can get stressful. Either way I am glad that I made the switch from maintenance.

Saw you on another AF related forum, just be careful asking them about this career field, they don't us 1U's. I think they are jealous.

Jumper5
10-12-2010, 12:16 AM
...Saw you on another AF related forum, just be careful asking them about this career field, they don't us 1U's. I think they are jealous.

This deserves a :bandwagon:.

lphill01
10-12-2010, 02:17 AM
lol! I thought I saw his post there today too. Can't wait to experience it myself!!!

boricuaevo
10-12-2010, 04:02 AM
I know for me, being Supply... It's going to be worth it once I retrain...

hugomk
10-12-2010, 04:36 AM
@curtst

Are you in the 11th for FTU? Will you be going back to Whiteman to fly with the new squadron? I might see you at Creech when you take you open and close book tests if you have not taken it yet.

curtst
10-12-2010, 04:41 AM
@curtst

Are you in the 11th for FTU? Will you be going back to Whiteman to fly with the new squadron? I might see you at Creech when you take you open and close book tests if you have not taken it yet.

Yes to both. Haven't taken the tests yet, hell, haven't gotten anything to study for those tests. Couldn't even get out of Whiteman even with retraining. It's ok though, out of the choices I think I would rather be at Whiteman.

f16crewchief
10-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the info, it is really hard to imagine anything other than working the line, so the info really helps out alot. What is the tech schools look like for the SO? I see alot of Acronyms but haven't been able to depict what it all comes down to. I'm married with a 2 year old and the biggest thing about the re-train was the deployment factor and the worriednss from the wife. I kinda felt that tension between the other 1A's against the 1U's. Does everyone go through Creech for training or do they go from Randolph to their next base?

hugomk
10-12-2010, 04:46 AM
Yes to both. Haven't taken the tests yet, hell, haven't gotten anything to study for those tests. Couldn't even get out of Whiteman even with retraining. It's ok though, out of the choices I think I would rather be at Whiteman.

You will be in a good spot with the new squadron. You will be part of the initial cadre meaning more flying for you which is good. You will have a lot of experienced SO to learn from.

hugomk
10-12-2010, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the info, it is really hard to imagine anything other than working the line, so the info really helps out alot. What is the tech schools look like for the SO? I see alot of Acronyms but haven't been able to depict what it all comes down to. I'm married with a 2 year old and the biggest thing about the re-train was the deployment factor and the worriednss from the wife. I kinda felt that tension between the other 1A's against the 1U's. Does everyone go through Creech for training or do they go from Randolph to their next base?

Deployment with this job is very low. Those who deploy are mostly volunteers. For tech school the best one to answer that will be curtst cause he went thru it.

curtst
10-12-2010, 04:51 AM

Here is the order for tech schools:
Aircrew Fundies (w/o altitude chamber): ~2 weeks
Basic Sensor Operator Course (BSOC): ~4 weeks
RPA Fundamentals Course (RFC): ~4 weeks
Field Training Unit (FTU): ~2-3 months

I am not sure how many more people are going to be going to Creech for FTU. All the training is supposed to transition to Holloman very soon.

Most folks will sit at their losing base right under a month or so waiting to go to FTU like I did. Of course my losing base is also my gaining lol. I guess I can say I am the first sensor operator on Whiteman lol, even though the unit is there yet!

curtst
10-12-2010, 04:53 AM
You will be in a good spot with the new squadron. You will be part of the initial cadre meaning more flying for you which is good. You will have a lot of experienced SO to learn from.

I can't wait for it! A lot of good experience and hopefully do well enough to get on STAN/EVAL. Already talked to the squadron commander and the superintendent. They are both happy someone is already at Whiteman, so I hope to be a lot of help.

f16crewchief
10-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Are they getting away from Creech as the main SO hub and starting a new unit at Whiteman?

curtst
10-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Are they getting away from Creech as the main SO hub and starting a new unit at Whiteman?

No just a new squadron at Whiteman, next year Ellsworth will be up as well.

boricuaevo
10-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Field Training Unit (FTU): ~2-3 months

Most folks will sit at their losing base right under a month or so waiting to go to FTU like I did. Of course my losing base is also my gaining lol. I guess I can say I am the first sensor operator on Whiteman lol, even though the unit is there yet!

Oh wow... So FTU, I thought that was it, I was like I know there's something else... Sweet deal

curtst
10-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Oh wow... So FTU, I still don't have a class date... Sweet deal

Don't sweat it, I didn't get mine until about a week before BSOC. Of course a week after I found out I got a class date I was in class. Didn't get my orders for BSOC until a day before I started BSOC and the same goes for RFC. So you are in a much better start than myself.

boricuaevo
10-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Don't sweat it, I didn't get mine until about a week before BSOC. Of course a week after I found out I got a class date I was in class. Didn't get my orders for BSOC until a day before I started BSOC and the same goes for RFC. So you are in a much better start than myself.

Yea, I guess I was pretty forunate to find out the classes ahead of time. I'm not sweating it though, just very excited and anxious to come back home. Thanks again for the info CURTST

blueroomer
10-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Yo blueroomer. I got jan 28th. holler at me!

28th Jan is your Aircrew Fundies date? Cool. Where you coming out of?

Gamble
10-13-2010, 03:28 AM
I'm stationed at Sheppard. boring. what about your? FTA?

sfiforlife
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
So they are coming up with new units in other bases now......I am starting to think that my number one choice "Creech" will be harder to get now that they are going to need to spread out the new SO's to other units. I have wanted to be stationed in NV more than anything you could possibly think of. Its been on my dream sheet for 8 years ...

Anyone know any details about this? Are they still planning on sending some SO's to Creech or are they completely assigning new SO's to these new units.

Barberakb
10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Ok, well I went status 5 today! But before I get my hopes up (my last retraining package was accepted and then later denied)
Does status 5 mean I am pretty much gauranteed to retrain? I am now just waiting on my class dates?

Also, any idea on how far away my class dates would be. I am supposed to go TDY for 3 weeks in Nov. Can you change class dates if need be? Thanks!

ellisc
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Status 5 is "tenatively" approved. I do know of someone who was in status 5 and was denied at that point, but I haven't heard of it happening to someone trying for 1U because of it being a critical skill I think they would have a hard time denying you. I was only status 5 for a week before I got class dates and for others on the forum that have gotten approved recently it seems to be happening pretty quickly.

I did have a question another question to ask anyone who may know. I'm stationed at Vandenberg and there are a lot of rumors right now about UAV's coming to this base. Has anyone else heard this? It's just everytime I tell someone I'm retraining their like oh yeah there suppose to be coming here, I even heard they repathed our flightline to accommodate the tires or something like that. I'm sure there is no truth to it but I was just wondering if I'm the only one hearing this, Vandenberg wasn't even one of the options earlier this year.

So is Creech kind of going away as an option for us to be stationed at? Or is that just for the school? I was just wondering if it was being closed out or something now that they are opening Whiteman and Ellsworth.

ScoobyGSX
10-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Status 5 is "tenatively" approved. I do know of someone who was in status 5 and was denied at that point, but I haven't heard of it happening to someone trying for 1U because of it being a critical skill I think they would have a hard time denying you. I was only status 5 for a week before I got class dates and for others on the forum that have gotten approved recently it seems to be happening pretty quickly.

I did have a question another question to ask anyone who may know. I'm stationed at Vandenberg and there are a lot of rumors right now about UAV's coming to this base. Has anyone else heard this? It's just everytime I tell someone I'm retraining their like oh yeah there suppose to be coming here, I even heard they repathed our flightline to accommodate the tires or something like that. I'm sure there is no truth to it but I was just wondering if I'm the only one hearing this, Vandenberg wasn't even one of the options earlier this year.

So is Creech kind of going away as an option for us to be stationed at? Or is that just for the school? I was just wondering if it was being closed out or something now that they are opening Whiteman and Ellsworth.

Vandenberg was my first base. I do know the SF there have the little Raven rpa's. I would think they wouldn't be getting the preds or reaps though, since it's strictly Space Command, but I have seen crazier things. That was one of my favorite things about Vandyland..no loud planes! Only loud rocket launches..those were few & far between, though.

Creech isn't going to go away for an option. The chances of people going there may have been lowered, but that just means not as many people will go. There is still a chance for anybody who wants to go there.

turbosmitty
10-14-2010, 05:44 AM
It depends on what the waiver is for. The more serious the condition the longer it could take. I knew someone who waited 6 months for a waiver for being colorblind to come back(for ATC, which is the same class III physical). It goes from your wing/base flight surgeon up to the MAJCOM for approval, so if you can work your way up the chain to find out its status there, that would be your best bet.

The waiver is for a minor alcohol related incident in 2001 and for a head injury I suffered during a car accident in 2003. Clean slate since then without any problems. I was cleared for both without any problems. The flight doc as well as my squadron CC signed off on everything stating I'm good to go. The flight doc said my waiver along with my flight physical is awaiting for approval at AETC.

What happens when all the slots are gone on the retraining advisory?

Barberakb
10-14-2010, 12:22 PM

Ok, thanks for the info. You said you got your class date within a week but how far away was your class date?

ellisc
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I went status 6 on 16 Sep and I start Aircrew Fundies 19 Nov. I think I read earlier that someone's class dates were in March but I'm not sure.

shotdown
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM
So has anyone that reapplied after 1 Oct gone Status 5 yet?

lphill01
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm still waiting. They kept kicking my 1042 back.

rlewis55
10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
So has anyone that reapplied after 1 Oct gone Status 5 yet?

I applied on 1OCT as a TSgt with an ETP and went status 5 on 6 OCT i have a friend that applied on 1 Oct also but he is holding steady @ a status 3...Has anyone got a class date since 1 OCT?

boricuaevo
10-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I went status 6, 2 days before the 1st of Oct...Weird...

turbosmitty
10-14-2010, 10:57 PM
What happens when there are no more "in" slots available on the re-training advisory?