PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]

CoreyS84
01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
i just got an email saying i need another exception to policy letter for an SRB... anyone happen to have a template for an ETP for an SRB... i have no idea how to word this one...

I had my first eligibility check denied since I had an SRB. I then read the reg to them and pointed out that I had already served half of the enlistment for which I had received the SRB, they said "Oh uhh, woops, ok." and pushed it through... If you've already served half, make sure to get on them about it, they don't exactly know everything they should know about their own damn job.

Sid
01-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, ya'll might already know this but figured I'd bring it up just in case you didn't or haven't tried it already. Calling the AFPC call center is great but keep in mind that while they have general knowledge of all personnel issues, they might not be well versed in each program. So I'd highly recommend calling more than once so you get to talk to different people that may or may not know more on the topic. Also, ask them if they can transfer you to the actual retraining office. Last but not at all the least, have a MSgt or above call the Retraining office directly.

CFDL
01-10-2013, 09:41 PM
I had my first eligibility check denied since I had an SRB. I then read the reg to them and pointed out that I had already served half of the enlistment for which I had received the SRB, they said "Oh uhh, woops, ok." and pushed it through... If you've already served half, make sure to get on them about it, they don't exactly know everything they should know about their own damn job.

that reg you are talking about would that be the retraining AFI...36-2626
thanks by the way

Robert F. Dorr
01-13-2013, 07:14 PM
In QRK'ing the ETO gen on the 1UOX1 AFSC, CAF won't two up.

quality_sound
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM

Yep. They didn't give me grief about it when I was accepted but I was denied eligibility the first time I applied because I hadn't hit the half-way point.

gunsplatter
01-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Can anyone shed any light why an SO who is seemingly bound to a desk requires a perfect score in the Physical, Upper, and Lower extremities? You're moving around joysticks and pressing buttons. I understand needing a close to perfect score for Hearing, Eyes, and Psychiatric, but the others seem abnormal.

I only ask because some recently developed distal bicep tendonitis is freaking me out. I'm worried that my 'U' may be moved to a 2 if it gets worse, and that would disqualify anyone for retraining into this career field.

Sid
01-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Can anyone shed any light why an SO who is seemingly bound to a desk requires a perfect score in the Physical, Upper, and Lower extremities? You're moving around joysticks and pressing buttons. I understand needing a close to perfect score for Hearing, Eyes, and Psychiatric, but the others seem abnormal.

I only ask because some recently developed distal bicep tendonitis is freaking me out. I'm worried that my 'U' may be moved to a 2 if it gets worse, and that would disqualify anyone for retraining into this career field.

I had wondered that as well but chalked it up to weeding out the "unworthy" as the AF would see it. You'd think there might be a waiver if common sense prevailed. Curious as to anyone has actual info on why this is a requirement though.

gunsplatter
01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I had wondered that as well but chalked it up to weeding out the "unworthy" as the AF would see it. You'd think there might be a waiver if common sense prevailed. Curious as to anyone has actual info on why this is a requirement though.
That's what I figured it was too, wanting only the best of the best. However, I know plenty of fuck-ups that have perfect PULHES scores; people I wouldn't even trust with a crayon and construction paper.

Sid
01-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey anyone here going to aircrew fundies at the end of August?

Robert F. Dorr
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
i just got an email saying i need another exception to policy letter for an SRB... anyone happen to have a template for an ETP for an SRB... i have no idea how to word this one...

Lest anyone misunderstand, SRB here is not a reference to the SECRET REBEL BASE, the most commonly used version of this abbreviation in these forums. The person who made the post, like most in these forums, doesn't known about the SECRET REBEL BASE or about what goes on there. An elite handful do know.

gunsplatter
01-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Lest anyone misunderstand, SRB here is not a reference to the SECRET REBEL BASE, the most commonly used version of this abbreviation in these forums. The person who made the post, like most in these forums, doesn't known about the SECRET REBEL BASE or about what goes on there. An elite handful do know.

Ah, this made me chuckle.

CFDL, why don't you try stringing some words together into sentences, and write one for yourself. You appear to be the first person I've seen in this thread that has run into this problem. :biggrin

CFDL
01-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Ah, this made me chuckle.

CFDL, why don't you try stringing some words together into sentences, and write one for yourself. You appear to be the first person I've seen in this thread that has run into this problem. :biggrin

Thank you Sir for your informative input. It has been vey helpful. I hope you have an amazing evening.

:biggrin

CFDL
01-31-2013, 06:21 AM

Not sure if that sarcasm is aimed at me and my ignorance towards retraining or someone else, but either way thank you!

mrbiggums
02-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Man, I cannot wait to get to class! Just a huge waiting game. Who is with me?! Anyone else heading to Lackland in May?

Sid
02-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Man, I cannot wait to get to class! Just a huge waiting game. Who is with me?! Anyone else heading to Lackland in May?

August for me..atleast your wait will be shorter than mine. Silver lining if you can make it out right? lol

Sid
02-15-2013, 05:21 PM

CFDL try http://www.airforcewriter.com/waiv.htm for examples of ETP memorandums. I don't think I saw one specifically for SRBs but the templates there and for the most part you can write up the memo based on the templates and what AFPC asked you to put in it. Hope this helps.

Cr3aK
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
I've been trying to register and post on this thread since December and I was finally granted access today! I submitted my retraining package on 28NOV12 and went status 6 with class dates set for July/Sep on 12DEC12. I was pretty shocked how quickly I was accepted with class seats. I'm already stationed @ Creech and have been for 3+ years and have a bunch of Sensor op buddies, so I just wanted to drop a quick line and see if anyone else here would be heading to tech school around the same time.

Jeff

c130mfe
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I've been trying to register and post on this thread since December and I was finally granted access today! I submitted my retraining package on 28NOV12 and went status 6 with class dates set for July/Sep on 12DEC12. I was pretty shocked how quickly I was accepted with class seats. I'm already stationed @ Creech and have been for 3+ years and have a bunch of Sensor op buddies, so I just wanted to drop a quick line and see if anyone else here would be heading to tech school around the same time.

Jeff

I will be in your class. What are you cross training from? Congrats by the way

mrbiggums
02-27-2013, 04:48 PM
August for me..atleast your wait will be shorter than mine. Silver lining if you can make it out right? lol

long as i come back to outprocess my base in July with a set of wings im happy. been at Seymour Johnson for over 5 years and I cant take it anymore! i hope i get a RNLTD before Nov.

Cr3aK
03-02-2013, 05:54 AM
I will be in your class. What are you cross training from? Congrats by the way

Cool man, You excited? This guy is!! My current AFSC is 2A672/Aerospace Ground Equipment.

quality_sound
03-05-2013, 02:14 AM

Jeff

I'm June and July (I think), maybe early August. I have to look at my RIP again.

edit: Yep, June and July. Make sure you have the revised class start dates. Mr. Warren sent out new class start dates mid-February.

quality_sound
03-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Cool man, You excited? This guy is!! My current AFSC is 2A672/Aerospace Ground Equipment.

Damn, I'd be itching to get out of AGE too. And when an AMMO guys says your job sucks, it REALLY sucks. lol

Robert F. Dorr
03-07-2013, 08:25 PM
See sensor operator issues in next week's AFT.

Tak
04-29-2013, 04:15 AM
http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/02/top-drone-pilots-battle-at-elite-training-school/

Tak
04-29-2013, 04:17 AM
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130415/NEWS/304150023/Drone-medal-dumped-59-high-tech-troops-honored-device

CoreyS84
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
I start class soon and was wondering, how have you others received your fundsite for the TDY? I've got a number to call and they seem to be the ones who make it happen, I just want to make sure I'm going through the correct channels.

Also, I'm excited as hell.

EDIT: Disregard, called the dudes at Randolph, fund site loaded.

Tak
04-30-2013, 04:06 PM
I start class soon and was wondering, how have you others received your fundsite for the TDY? I've got a number to call and they seem to be the ones who make it happen, I just want to make sure I'm going through the correct channels.

Also, I'm excited as hell.

EDIT: Disregard, called the dudes at Randolph, fund site loaded.

Dudes don't work at Randolph AFB, Airmen do.

CoreyS84
05-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Dudes don't work at Randolph AFB, Airmen do.

Negative, my inquiry was handled by a civilian. AKA some dude.

Tak
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Negative, my inquiry was handled by a civilian. AKA some dude.

Negative, AF civilian are officially called "Airman"

http://www.keesler.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123227115

JD2780
05-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Negative, AF civilian are officially called "Airman"

I will not call them Airmen. I'll call them folks, civilians, number crunchers, people, but I will not call them Airmen. I like dude, just remember, they arent "The Dude"

Tak
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I will not call them Airmen. I'll call them folks, civilians, number crunchers, people, but I will not call them Airmen. I like dude, just remember, they arent "The Dude"

Lebowski is The Dude.

Tak
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Following closely behind AFDD 1, Schwartz approved AFDD 1-1, the second of the Air Force's capstone doctrine documents. In addition to laying out the Air Force's best practices for creating leaders and applying leadership, Andersen highlighted the expanded definition of "Airman" contained in AFDD 1-1: "When addressing a larger audience within the Service, the term Airman now includes all uniformed members of the Air Force (including active, Reserve and Guard), as well as Department of the Air Force civilians."

quality_sound
05-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Following closely behind AFDD 1, Schwartz approved AFDD 1-1, the second of the Air Force's capstone doctrine documents. In addition to laying out the Air Force's best practices for creating leaders and applying leadership, Andersen highlighted the expanded definition of "Airman" contained in AFDD 1-1: "When addressing a larger audience within the Service, the term Airman now includes all uniformed members of the Air Force (including active, Reserve and Guard), as well as Department of the Air Force civilians."

That's fucking retarded. Why don't we just call them marines while we're at it. If they're not deployable, they're not Airmen, period, and I will NEVER address a civilian as such.

Tak
05-09-2013, 03:15 PM
That's fucking retarded. Why don't we just call them marines while we're at it. If they're not deployable, they're not Airmen, period, and I will NEVER address a civilian as such.

We had a civilian historian who deployed multiple times in the shit.

quality_sound
05-15-2013, 02:16 PM
He's still not an Airman and being a civilian I'm pretty sure no one can just come up and say "pack your bags".

synergy_68
06-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Greetings fellows RSA entusiasts. I have submitted my package and I am "Awaiting Classdate".
For my package, I only submitted two things. The 1042GBC and the 422. Did anyone submit more/less? ie; interview letter, EPRs, LORs, etc... I have two buddies that are having issues and when they call AFPC they are told that they will be told what they are missing via email.
My reply back from AFPC to being my package only said the 422 and 1042 with Color Vision.

quality_sound
06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Greetings fellows RSA entusiasts. I have submitted my package and I am "Awaiting Classdate".
For my package, I only submitted two things. The 1042GBC and the 422. Did anyone submit more/less? ie; interview letter, EPRs, LORs, etc... I have two buddies that are having issues and when they call AFPC they are told that they will be told what they are missing via email.
My reply back from AFPC to being my package only said the 422 and 1042 with Color Vision.

I needed a lot more than that.
I needed an ETP to get out of a balanced field, a flying duty letter (not sure why), my current PT score, a letter stating my current security clearance level and the investigation close date, a typing test, my last three EPRs, and my 1042 and 422.

curtst
06-23-2013, 12:39 AM

If you need anything else, they will let you know. I needed everything that quality_sound needed as well. The flying duty letter is required because flight duty is purely volunteer, so that letter says you are a volunteer.

synergy_68
06-23-2013, 02:08 AM
If you need anything else, they will let you know. I needed everything that quality_sound needed as well. The flying duty letter is required because flight duty is purely volunteer, so that letter says you are a volunteer.

The question above isn't for me, its for them.. Why would I be approved with just the 1042/422, and them told there package isn't complete. Pretty weird huh. They are calling on Monday and Ill be there to give my SSN so they can compare the two retraining packages, but as for me... I only submitted the 1042/422. Hoping to have class date this week.
What is the flying letter? Can you send it to me? synergy_68 AT Yahoo , if worst case scenario I get denied cause I don't have that, Id like to be able to send it ASAP.

Thank you curtst.

Jason

quality_sound
06-24-2013, 02:55 PM
The question above isn't for me, its for them.. Why would I be approved with just the 1042/422, and them told there package isn't complete. Pretty weird huh. They are calling on Monday and Ill be there to give my SSN so they can compare the two retraining packages, but as for me... I only submitted the 1042/422. Hoping to have class date this week.
What is the flying letter? Can you send it to me? synergy_68 AT Yahoo , if worst case scenario I get denied cause I don't have that, Id like to be able to send it ASAP.

Thank you curtst.

Jason

I tried to pull the froms from myPers but once I went Status 6 the blank ones went away. When you talk to TFSC tell them you don't have the forms and they shoudl be able to load them.

JeremyJAK
06-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Can someone please tell me how long it took to get a class once your application package was completed? I'm just curious how long the whole process takes. I'd like to finish tech school by May 2014 if that's possible.

synergy_68
06-25-2013, 06:27 AM
I tried to pull the froms from myPers but once I went Status 6 the blank ones went away. When you talk to TFSC tell them you don't have the forms and they shoudl be able to load them.

Thanks for your help. Ill call the retraining guys and see what it might be. I just called the 665-5000/2/2 operator and he advised me to only submit what is asked of, but if i wanted to I could call back and speak directly to the retraining guys later on today when they come in.
What a bunch of crap.

quality_sound
06-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your help. Ill call the retraining guys and see what it might be. I just called the 665-5000/2/2 operator and he advised me to only submit what is asked of, but if i wanted to I could call back and speak directly to the retraining guys later on today when they come in.
What a bunch of crap.

That's really odd. Have you tried retraining into another flying field recently? Maybe they still have docs on file for you. That's the only thing I can think of. I can PM you the name of the guy that I dealt with up there.

quality_sound
06-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Can someone please tell me how long it took to get a class once your application package was completed? I'm just curious how long the whole process takes. I'd like to finish tech school by May 2014 if that's possible.

For me it was the same day they verified everything but I'm not a first termer. If you're a first-termer then you'll still have to go Status 5, and meet your boards. If selected you should go from 5 to 6 VERY quickly.

curtst
06-25-2013, 10:10 PM

It is going to vary. It took me about 8 weeks before I got a class date. Good thing I checked vMPF, because my date was the very next week.

bobbo489
06-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Haven't looked at this thread in well over a year, so I figured I would stop by and see if anyone had any questions about the job. I went to fundies January 2012, BSOC Feb 2012, PCS'd to Ellsworth end of summer that year, then hit up IQT. If you have any questions about the training or how the career field is after being qualified feel free to ask me, I will answer them if I can.

Hopefully I remember to keep checking this site.

synergy_68
07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Gents, my name is Ryan, using a buddies log-in who is currently Awt Classdate

I was going through the message boards, seeing alot of things regarding a Typing Test. My email from AFPC with requirements is below.

For AFSC 1U011:
- The following must be stated on the 422:
~ PULHES must be 111121G
~ Normal color vision as defined in AFI 48-123
- AF Form 1042 with the following statement Ground Control Physical qualification for UAS Sensor Operator duty according to AFI 48-123.
- Specialty requires routine access to TOP SECRET material or similar environment. For award and retention, completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) according to AFI 31-501, Personnel Security Program Management, is mandatory. Submit required documents to Unit Security Manager within 10 days of receipt of APPROVED RETRAINING AND CLASS DATE.
- AFCT: General 64 or Electrical 54, must meet one

I have all my Medical stuff tomorrow, then will wait for the 1042/422 to get signed off from AETC. I have called AFPC and they said I only need to submit the two things above, 1042 and 422 ( both Medical). But, I am reading alot of things on Typing Test, EPRs.. Did anyone else submit more/less then the two forms from Medical?
Thanks

curtst
07-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I have all my Medical stuff tomorrow, then will wait for the 1042/422 to get signed off from AETC. I have called AFPC and they said I only need to submit the two things above, 1042 and 422 ( both Medical). But, I am reading alot of things on Typing Test, EPRs.. Did anyone else submit more/less then the two forms from Medical?
Thanks

I needed to send an ETP, my last three EPRs and a typing test. However, everyone is different and things are always changing. I have talked to some students and they said they didn't need a typing test. Whatever you need AFPC should tell you in the email you receive from them.

UH1FE
07-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Looks like I am retraining from helicopter FE over to sensor operator. Any info on the different assignments and schools would be appreciated. I'm sure if I searched through 605 pages I could find it but damn 605 pages. I am crossing over for medical reasons.

bobbo489
07-07-2013, 03:02 AM
You have a choice of Cannon, Creech, Ellsworth, or Whiteman. Ellsworth is the hidden gem, and awesome. School starts with Aircrew Fundies(for non prior fliers), then rolls right into Basic Sensor Operator Course(which is up at Randolph), that is most likely followed by your PCS to your base, then you will tdy to probably Holloman for your Initial Qualification Training. After that you go back to your base, get fully qual'd and fly all the planes, all the times!

curtst
07-07-2013, 03:07 AM
You have a choice of Cannon, Creech, Ellsworth, or Whiteman. Ellsworth is the hidden gem, and awesome. School starts with Aircrew Fundies(for non prior fliers), then rolls right into Basic Sensor Operator Course(which is up at Randolph), that is most likely followed by your PCS to your base, then you will tdy to probably Holloman for your Initial Qualification Training. After that you go back to your base, get fully qual'd and fly all the planes, all the times!

In a nutshell. Your results may vary.

UH1FE
07-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks! I was looking at Ellsworth, Whiteman, or Holloman as the three choices I put down. I was stationed at cannon as Ammo so I am not looking to go back. How long is IQT?

curtst
07-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks! I was looking at Ellsworth, Whiteman, or Holloman as the three choices I put down. I was stationed at cannon as Ammo so I am not looking to go back. How long is IQT?

As a new sensor Holloman isn't available as it is the FTU. Once you get some experience as a SO Holloman and Randolph become available. At BSOC you will be asked to list 4 places you would like to go in order of preference.

The time for FTU varies. Depends on airframe and weather, but shouldn't be more than 3 or so months. Mine was about 2.5 months.

UH1FE
07-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Is there boldface and open/closed tests for sensor operator?

Any recommended airframes?

bobbo489
07-07-2013, 07:37 PM
FTU also depends on your class type, I was a B course for the MQ-9. So I was matched up with a brand new to the AF pilot, my FTU was about 5 months long.

Yes, there are bold face and open/closed tests. If you pass your academics tests at FTU you won't have to do your first open/closed book tests, they will average your academics test scores and use that as your score.

You have a choice of MQ-1, or MQ-9. I am on the MQ-9, I like it, bigger, carries more cool stuff, and they are still building those. The MQ-1's are slowly going away.

curtst
07-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Is there boldface and open/closed tests for sensor operator?

Any recommended airframes?

You don't really get to choose your airframe. It depends on the base and squadron you go to. MQ-1s are great. All I can really say, never worked with the 9s. Though the stories I hear make me want to stay with the 1s for as long as possible.

As far as the boldface and open/closed book tests, yes, there is, just like any other aircrew job.

hugomk
07-07-2013, 10:31 PM
It really depends on what school you go to. Flew both 1s and 9s and I would rather be on the 9s.

jasonstiller
07-08-2013, 02:52 PM
didn't think active duty can go to whiteman. If so must be mq1 only. The general consensus is that Ellsworth and creech are the best bases to go to. I'm at creech because that's where my wife wanted to go. Aside from the drive, it's not bad and some people have good things to say about the drive. I just finished the year long road and am finally flying on my own. If you have any questions, pm me.

UH1FE
07-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Thanks for all the input. There is a reserve unit down at Hurby that is now flying UAV's. Anyone heard of people getting assigned to them now that the AF is putting active duty at reserve bases. I know its not a reserve base but it is a reserve unit.

hugomk
07-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Thanks for all the input. There is a reserve unit down at Hurby that is now flying UAV's. Anyone heard of people getting assigned to them now that the AF is putting active duty at reserve bases. I know its not a reserve base but it is a reserve unit.

I don't think there will be any AD assigned to that unit.

curtst
07-09-2013, 02:40 PM
didn't think active duty can go to whiteman. If so must be mq1 only. The general consensus is that Ellsworth and creech are the best bases to go to. I'm at creech because that's where my wife wanted to go. Aside from the drive, it's not bad and some people have good things to say about the drive. I just finished the year long road and am finally flying on my own. If you have any questions, pm me.

Whiteman is AD. I have only TDY to Creech so far, and hated it. Mostly due to the commute. The only good thing about the drive is it gives you some time to decompress before getting home. That being said, once done here, that is probably where I will end up going.

It would be nice if guard and reserve could incorporate AD as it would greatly open up assignments for us. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though. So long story short, no, AD for the time being will not be going to a guard or reserve unit.

c130mfe
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
I will be leaving soon for fundies at Lackland. I had a question regarding the follow on at Holloman. What is the general wait time between PCS'ing and going to follow on training? Not sure the technical terms of each of the schools. I am just trying to get an idea of how long I will be waiting for class. Any info would be great. Thanks

curtst
07-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I will be leaving soon for fundies at Lackland. I had a question regarding the follow on at Holloman. What is the general wait time between PCS'ing and going to follow on training? Not sure the technical terms of each of the schools. I am just trying to get an idea of how long I will be waiting for class. Any info would be great. Thanks

Tough to answer as it will vary greatly. You can probably expect to go to FTU (Holloman) about 6 months after completing BSOC. You should PCS shortly after BSOC. It's a very fluid environment right now and for the next foreseeable future, everything is constantly changing.

trulyindie
07-12-2013, 01:10 AM
I was curious as to what I will be "in for" during the fundamentals portion. How difficult did you find the BSOC? And what bases are available to the sensor operators?

bobbo489
07-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Fundies == basic aircraft principles, forms that the AF uses, how the aircraft works. If you can find the building you can pass the course. BSOC, it goes more in depth with what we do as Sensor Operators, however it lags behind in some areas, just as most tech schools do. Just pay attention and be understanding of the course. The FTU is where you will learn everything that you need, it will apply all the words that you learned in BSOC. As for bases you have Ellsworth, Whiteman, Creech, Cannon.

UH1FE
07-13-2013, 01:58 AM
C130mfe also remember if you are already aircrew you skip fundies and go straight to BSOC.

Kinnonholt21
07-14-2013, 11:59 PM
As a current qualified and active flier with a TS clearance, how long roughly is the process from submitting retraining package until BSOC start date. Also what are the chances of getting stationed at Whiteman, because Utahans where I really want to go if I submit my package this year.

curtst
07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
As a current qualified and active flier with a TS clearance, how long roughly is the process from submitting retraining package until BSOC start date. Also what are the chances of getting stationed at Whiteman, because Utahans where I really want to go if I submit my package this year.

The time is going to vary. AFPC has up to 20 days to approve the retrain request. At this point you will have to submit the required documents. You will go status 3 until the required documents have been approved. Then once those are approved you will go status 5. At this point you are approved and waiting a class seat. Time can vary, I had to wait a little more than 8 weeks. I would expect the whole process to take a month to a few months.

As far as as chances of getting Whiteman, can't really say. I just wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Kinnonholt21
07-15-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm going to be down range when I put my package in, racking up the hours while I wait. So hopefully everything will be done by the time I return. As much as I know to never hold my breath, I guess I'm going to because I would hate to go to creech and put up with a 30-45 minute drive to work everyday or showing up an extra hour early just to catch a ride from the shuttle. Plus I like the outdoor 4 season feel of Whiteman.

UH1FE
07-15-2013, 01:03 AM

I am also a current active flier. I am messed up with multiple surgeries from flying. Talked to my functional and I am now retraining. If you are in the same boat talk to your functional you may not even have to submit a package, I didnt.

Kinnonholt21
07-15-2013, 01:41 AM
I am also a current active flier. I am messed up with multiple surgeries from flying. Talked to my functional and I am now retraining. If you are in the same boat talk to your functional you may not even have to submit a package, I didnt.

Fortunately(I guess) the flying world hasn't messed me up that bad yet. I'm going out again in September and plan on putting in my package the day my window opens(6DEC). I have a little girl on the way, and I am ready to slow down the deployment pace for her sake. I am also praying if/when my package goes through I will be heading to Whiteman. If your package gets accepted, how long is it before you know where you will be pcs'ing to?

KC-10 FE
07-15-2013, 01:55 AM
So of all the bases that Sensor ops have to choose from I take it Whitman is the most wanted. What sets it apart from the others?

UH1FE
07-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Fortunately(I guess) the flying world hasn't messed me up that bad yet. I'm going out again in September and plan on putting in my package the day my window opens(6DEC). I have a little girl on the way, and I am ready to slow down the deployment pace for her sake. I am also praying if/when my package goes through I will be heading to Whiteman. If your package gets accepted, how long is it before you know where you will be pcs'ing to?

I have no idea. I should get things finished by the end of this week I will let you know how things flow as I go through the process. I'm trying to get Ellsworth.

curtst
07-15-2013, 02:41 AM
So of all the bases that Sensor ops have to choose from I take it Whitman is the most wanted. What sets it apart from the others?

Creech is the most wanted for the new folks, some of the experienced folks like it there too. I TDY'd there a few times for a total of 6 or 7 months. I hated it, mostly because of the commute. Whiteman is very family friendly though. Creech isn't, not sure about the other bases. As much as I want to avoid Creech that will probably be my next destination. The only people I have encountered that want to go to Whiteman is because they have family nearby or they are from that area. I would go back, I spent 8.5 years there and enjoyed it for the most part.

curtst
07-15-2013, 02:44 AM
If your package gets accepted, how long is it before you know where you will be pcs'ing to?

If you are overseas you should PCS to your next base before retraining. If not, then you should find out sometime during BSOC.

CoreyS84
07-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I just graduated from BSOC, PCS'ing to Cannon. Dreading it but whatever, I'll live.
Currently trying to do the whole reenlist within 30 days of graduation to cancel extension and receive SRB but the MPF office nerds are giving me the runaround saying I don't qualify, and it looks like they may win this battle... I fucking hate office nerds.

The reg (AFI 36-2606 para. 4.10.3) says, if retraining out of an AFSC with no SRB, then you don't get the retraining-in AFSC's SRB... Anybody that's done this recently have any other insight on this?

curtst
07-16-2013, 12:47 AM
I just graduated from BSOC, PCS'ing to Cannon. Dreading it but whatever, I'll live.
Currently trying to do the whole reenlist within 30 days of graduation to cancel extension and receive SRB but the MPF office nerds are giving me the runaround saying I don't qualify, and it looks like they may win this battle... I fucking hate office nerds.

The reg (AFI 36-2606 para. 4.10.3) says, if retraining out of an AFSC with no SRB, then you don't get the retraining-in AFSC's SRB... Anybody that's done this recently have any other insight on this?

I don't have the experience with this as I didn't have to extend or reenlist when I retrained. But looking at the AFI it seems pretty clear, you won't be able to get it it. Hopefully someone else has had a similar situation. What zone are you currently in and when will you go to the next zone? Is there a chance you may PCS from Cannon and have to reenlist before you go to the next zone?

CoreyS84
07-16-2013, 03:55 AM
I don't have the experience with this as I didn't have to extend or reenlist when I retrained. But looking at the AFI it seems pretty clear, you won't be able to get it it. Hopefully someone else has had a similar situation. What zone are you currently in and when will you go to the next zone? Is there a chance you may PCS from Cannon and have to reenlist before you go to the next zone?

Yeah I've come to terms with the fact that MPF girl was right... I'm not even mad, I'm impressed that one of those fuckers actually knew her job, kudos to her. I'm currently in Zone C, a little over 10 years. DOS is 2016 so I'll have a chance to reenlist soon enough, I guess.

KC-10 FE
07-16-2013, 04:04 AM
Yeah I've come to terms with the fact that MPF girl was right... I'm not even mad, I'm impressed that one of those fuckers actually knew her job, kudos to her. I'm currently in Zone C, a little over 10 years. DOS is 2016 so I'll have a chance to reenlist soon enough, I guess.

Ya you won't get it. When I retrained back in 2010 a guy in my class received the FE SRB because he thought he lucked out with a person at the MPF who didn't know his job. The problem is, if you do get one of these people, the AF will still eventually catch on to the mistake and will make you pay it back. There isn't any finders keepers in the AF or statute of limitations.

clunghofer
07-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Long shot here but anyways here goes, I received my class date today for retraining 24 Feb 14 going to Aircrew fundamentals, I was just wondering if anyone else in here has a sooner date that would like to swap with me, if so please reply.

clunghofer
07-17-2013, 12:31 AM

Did you receive your class date yet? I just got mine today and received my Cat 5 on 8 July. So only took 8 days.

synergy_68
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Did you receive your class date yet? I just got mine today and received my Cat 5 on 8 July. So only took 8 days.

Clunghofer, I cant help you with the swap, but Congrats man. You must be excited. Feb is pretty close too, some of the guys I was talking to last month got their training date in June, for a class date in May/June. Currently I am awaiting my last visit with the flight doc, THEN I assume all medical stuff is sent off for signatures.

1. How long did you have to wait to get your paperwork back from Medical? My retraining says all I need is the 422 and the 1042 (flight physical)
2. How long after you submitted everything, did you have your class date for Feb?
3. So you got the date for the Air Crew class, after that do you fly straight to BSOT?

I know everyone is differrent, just curious.

clunghofer
07-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks man, I'm pretty excited! My flight physical was on Dec 2 2012, and I recieved all my paperwork on Jan 28 2013, so about 2 months but it was also during the holidays. I submitted everything immediately but there were only 2 quotas for 2013 and I met the first board and didnt get picked up so they cancelled that request and told me to wait till the 2014 numbers came out so thats what I did. So I submitted everything again on June 7 2013 and met the first board and got notified on July 8 2013 that I was accepted, followed by my class date 8 days later. And yes BSOC starts like a week after i graduate fundies.

And your right it works differently for everyone, depends on who actually handles your package and if they know what they are doing or not.

Good Luck!

synergy_68
07-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks man, I'm pretty excited! My flight physical was on Dec 2 2012, and I recieved all my paperwork on Jan 28 2013, so about 2 months but it was also during the holidays. I submitted everything immediately but there were only 2 quotas for 2013 and I met the first board and didnt get picked up so they cancelled that request and told me to wait till the 2014 numbers came out so thats what I did. So I submitted everything again on June 7 2013 and met the first board and got notified on July 8 2013 that I was accepted, followed by my class date 8 days later. And yes BSOC starts like a week after i graduate fundies.

And your right it works differently for everyone, depends on who actually handles your package and if they know what they are doing or not.

Good Luck!

Right on man. I have my flight physical on July 25. Ive also heard it takes 1-2 months to get it back from AETC. Sucks. Oh well, nearly there.
Are you single/married? Have you got your follow on assignement? I have a buddy who is nearly through it all. He said all that were married joint spouse got Creech, everyone else got Cannon :/
Any idea what youll be doing after BSOC, before FTU? I heard there was a good 6 month wait before the final school.

synergy_68
07-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Corey, thanks for the post. What do you think youll be doing at Cannon, while you await the final school? OJT? Airman details ;) LOL With that long of a wait, hopefully we can get hooked up with some good training to help us excel at FTU.
How many guys at BSOC? How many graduated?

I think ill be in the same boat as you. My DOS is Dec 2014. Assuming I go to AirCrew Fundies/BSOC in May-June, ill also be cutting it close with the SRB.

synergy_68
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyone here trying to retrain/renlist after 3-level school, and get the SRB? Heard anything on whether we are/arent eligible? I think Ill get my 3-level around Sept2014 at the latest, my DOS is Dec 2015. I know you need some retainability perhaps, ill have over a year of it.
Thoughts?

clunghofer
07-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Anyone here trying to retrain/renlist after 3-level school, and get the SRB? Heard anything on whether we are/arent eligible? I think Ill get my 3-level around Sept2014 at the latest, my DOS is Dec 2015. I know you need some retainability perhaps, ill have over a year of it.
Thoughts?

I had a coworker just finish class about 2 months ago and he returned here after and cancelled his extension because he did't enter it, he only needed it for the retainability, then he reenlisted and got the SRB. In order to get the SRB you need to make sure your current AFSC is 1U0X1 and not your old one when they draft up your paperwork. If I'm not mistaken, you need 24 months of retainability from your graduation date of BSOC. As long as you do not enter that extension, you can cancel it and reenlist within 30 days of your graduation. Good luck with your class date though, right now they are scheduling for about 7 months out.

CoreyS84
07-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Corey, thanks for the post. What do you think youll be doing at Cannon, while you await the final school? OJT? Airman details ;) LOL With that long of a wait, hopefully we can get hooked up with some good training to help us excel at FTU.
How many guys at BSOC? How many graduated?

I think ill be in the same boat as you. My DOS is Dec 2014. Assuming I go to AirCrew Fundies/BSOC in May-June, ill also be cutting it close with the SRB.

The Superintendent from the 33rd at Cannon came down during our class to talk to us if we had any questions about operations and he told the few of us that were going to Cannon (3 Techs) that we'd be doing NCO type details... Stuff like heading up retirement ceremonies, if a walls needs painting - supervise airmen painting it, random paperwork, stuff like that I guess. Also he said he'd let us sit in on missions just to observe how they operate and their squadron's particular practices and to keep us sharp during the downtime between BSOC and FTU. I'd rather not say exact numbers on class size, but out of a class of equal parts retrainees and brand new airmen fresh from BMT, we only had one failure.

Thoughts?

I'm still in talks with MPF about my bonus, but considering one of the instructors during BSOC talked to the Chief of AF reenlistments at AFPC and helped another classmate get his bonus under the higher multiplier before it changed, I had one of the MPF nerds contact AFPC to verify if I'm eligible to receive the SRB or not. The AFI seems somewhat contradictory in a few areas but I can see an argument going towards me not being eligible, but it never hurts to ask every source available. The thing that could shoot me down is that I'm retraining from a non-SRB awarded AFSC.

synergy_68
07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
The Superintendent from the 33rd at Cannon came down during our class to talk to us if we had any questions about operations and he told the few of us that were going to Cannon (3 Techs) that we'd be doing NCO type details... Stuff like heading up retirement ceremonies, if a walls needs painting - supervise airmen painting it, random paperwork, stuff like that I guess. Also he said he'd let us sit in on missions just to observe how they operate and their squadron's particular practices and to keep us sharp during the downtime between BSOC and FTU. I'd rather not say exact numbers on class size, but out of a class of equal parts retrainees and brand new airmen fresh from BMT, we only had one failure.

I'm still in talks with MPF about my bonus, but considering one of the instructors during BSOC talked to the Chief of AF reenlistments at AFPC and helped another classmate get his bonus under the higher multiplier before it changed, I had one of the MPF nerds contact AFPC to verify if I'm eligible to receive the SRB or not. The AFI seems somewhat contradictory in a few areas but I can see an argument going towards me not being eligible, but it never hurts to ask every source available. The thing that could shoot me down is that I'm retraining from a non-SRB awarded AFSC.

Bummer man, me too. Supply. Well, at least we're both getting what we want in the end right?
Last question. With your graudating class, how were assignments divided out? My buddy finished up a while ago and all married Joint Spouse got Creech, eveyone else got Cannon.

CoreyS84
07-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Bummer man, me too. Supply. Well, at least we're both getting what we want in the end right?
Last question. With your graudating class, how were assignments divided out? My buddy finished up a while ago and all married Joint Spouse got Creech, eveyone else got Cannon.

In my class the techs got Cannon and the staffs got Creech. Which was kinda funny since the classes before and after us, everybody got Creech.

synergy_68
07-18-2013, 06:39 PM
In my class the techs got Cannon and the staffs got Creech. Which was kinda funny since the classes before and after us, everybody got Creech.

Well I guess it differs with everyone then. I pray for Creech, but would be super super stoked for Ellsworth. Thanks for the info!

CoreyS84
07-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Well I guess it differs with everyone then. I pray for Creech, but would be super super stoked for Ellsworth. Thanks for the info!

I wanted Creech, definitely didn't want Cannon, and would've been put on suicide watch if I had gotten Ellsworth (again)...

synergy_68
07-19-2013, 08:04 AM
I wanted Creech, definitely didn't want Cannon, and would've been put on suicide watch if I had gotten Ellsworth (again)...

What didnt you like? I grew up in Casper Wyo. Many trips to Deadwood and the Black Hills, Rapid City. Family in sturgis.

CoreyS84
07-19-2013, 01:12 PM
What didnt you like? I grew up in Casper Wyo. Many trips to Deadwood and the Black Hills, Rapid City. Family in sturgis.

Being from Hawaii I don't like the snow, the wind, the small town life, the lack of a cultural diversity, and just that part of the country in general... I was aircraft maintenance, so changing radar parts in -65º is a terrible feeling I will never forget.

synergy_68
07-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Being from Hawaii I don't like the snow, the wind, the small town life, the lack of a cultural diversity, and just that part of the country in general... I was aircraft maintenance, so changing radar parts in -65º is a terrible feeling I will never forget.

I hear ya man.

synergy_68
07-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Anyone got any info on how the flying pay works? Does a Sensor Operator qualify for it, how much?
Any TDY opportunities?

bobbo489
07-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Sensors get that pay, it is something like RPA Incentive pay or something like that, but it mirrors Flight Pay. Right now, Ellsworth gets to TDY back to Creech for some training, but that will change evenually....not sure about the other squadrons, I would guess no, since they have the infrastructure already there.

synergy_68
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Sensors get that pay, it is something like RPA Incentive pay or something like that, but it mirrors Flight Pay. Right now, Ellsworth gets to TDY back to Creech for some training, but that will change evenually....not sure about the other squadrons, I would guess no, since they have the infrastructure already there.

Bobbo, you at Ellsworth?? Any info you can give on the base and how your tech school/retraining process went would be awesome. You can PM me if youd like, synergy_68 ATyahoo.com

bobbo489
07-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Ellsworth is fun, can't really talk about the mission, but we changed recently. I think for the better. Most of the squadron is pretty cool, although there are some oddities that don't make any sense. The area is nice, if you like the outdoors.
As for the tech school/ftu/retraining process. I retrained under first term airman program, outside of my window. So I had to write etp's just to try to retrain. But anyways my flight physical took about 5 months to complete, I needed a waiver, then once I submitted all the paperwork I was selected on the first board. I had to reenlist to accept the job, but that is because I was at 5.5 years when I retrained, so I didn't get the bonus. I ended up going to Aircrew Fundies and BSOC about 6 months later. Got through that and had to wait another 6 months to PCS to Ellsworth, then I tdy'd to FTU. Spent another couple months there, and finally got back up here. Got CMR'd and now am flying and enjoying the 10 minutes it takes to get home from work.

curtst
07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Anyone got any info on how the flying pay works? Does a Sensor Operator qualify for it, how much?
Any TDY opportunities?

Yes SO's get it. Starts at $150 for less than 4 years of aviation service. That will start day one of FTU unless things have changed as that day should be when your AO is cut.

Here is a chart http://usmilitary.about.com/od/2012MilPay/a/2012flightpayenl.htm

Kinnonholt21
07-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Has anyone on here gotten Whiteman as their duty station or does anyone know the manning requirements there or what the chances of going there are? I know I've asked this question before, but its something I'm hoping to get a better picture of for my sake. I would hate both creech and cannon. I would rather stay at Beale than go to those two places

Jumper5
07-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Has anyone on here gotten Whiteman as their duty station or does anyone know the manning requirements there or what the chances of going there are? I know I've asked this question before, but its something I'm hoping to get a better picture of for my sake. I would hate both creech and cannon. I would rather stay at Beale than go to those two places

Expect to go to Creech. It has a lot of squadrons and has the majority of the career field manning. Whiteman has a much smaller percentage of the manning with only one squadron. Cannon is in between those.

If you aren't willing to go to Creech/Cannon, this is not the career field for you.

synergy_68
07-23-2013, 04:02 AM
Expect to go to Creech. It has a lot of squadrons and has the majority of the career field manning. Whiteman has a much smaller percentage of the manning with only one squadron. Cannon is in between those.

If you aren't willing to go to Creech/Cannon, this is not the career field for you.

Im down for either. Ive been in long enough to know that every base is what you make it. Creech would be sick though. Id enjoy that. Looking to buy my first home and settle in. Thanks for the info.

Jumper5
07-23-2013, 04:18 AM
...Any TDY opportunities?

Yes. Somebody has to deploy to take-off and land the planes.

synergy_68
07-23-2013, 08:26 AM
That is true. I was curious as to whether that was a Sensor Operator that does that

synergy_68
07-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I see that there are 5 IN quotas for NCO Sensor Op... and 4 OUT quotas for my current afsc 2s0x1. I am going to submit my package with a signed ETP just in case the numbers drop to ZERO before I hit the first board. Would you reccomend me attaching anything else? For example, if my OUT quotas reach zero as well, should I need anything?

synergy_68
07-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I see that there are 5 IN quotas for NCO Sensor Op... and 4 OUT quotas for my current afsc 2s0x1. I am going to submit my package with a signed ETP just in case the numbers drop to ZERO before I hit the first board. Would you reccomend me attaching anything else? For example, if my OUT quotas reach zero as well, should I need anything?

....just so I dont burn more time tracking another ETP down. I can submit everything at once.

macdiesell
07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Greetings everyone, I have been trolling this thread for years now and I finally got accepted into this coveted career field. Aircrew Fundies start in Feb, then BSOC in Mar 2014. Please PM me if you will be there as well. There is a lot of great info out there and I have learned a lot by reading all of the posts. So from what I've gathered so far, I will be able to fill out a dream sheet in FTU, is this correct? I am a prior and not a FTA, so what are my chances to not get Cannon? Is Whiteman that difficult to get? Also, after BSOC, do they send you TDY to FTU? After FTU is completed, do you go back to your unit to outprocess then PCS? Any info is greatly appreciated. Please PM if the response is too sensitive. thanks for all your help.

synergy_68
07-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Greetings everyone, I have been trolling this thread for years now and I finally got accepted into this coveted career field. Aircrew Fundies start in Feb, then BSOC in Mar 2014. Please PM me if you will be there as well. There is a lot of great info out there and I have learned a lot by reading all of the posts. So from what I've gathered so far, I will be able to fill out a dream sheet in FTU, is this correct? I am a prior and not a FTA, so what are my chances to not get Cannon? Is Whiteman that difficult to get? Also, after BSOC, do they send you TDY to FTU? After FTU is completed, do you go back to your unit to outprocess then PCS? Any info is greatly appreciated. Please PM if the response is too sensitive. thanks for all your help.

Ill do my best to answer all this, I have read most of these damn pages.
At Aircrew/BSOC, you will be asked for a top 3-4... and go from there. Expect to go to Creech 80%, Cannon 10%, anywhere else 8%, Whiteman 2% :):) Hows that sound? You will go to acft fundies, then to bsoc. PCS to your base. Hang out for 6-9 months superivising airman paint walls, head up retirement ceremonies, and look over the shoulder sometimes of other SOs to keep your skills from BSOC fresh... then you will go to FTU.. and come back to your home base and start your CMR training, etc..

Cr3aK
07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
I start class next week and wanted to make sure I should be wearing blues on Monday for fundies. The most recent reporting instructions say Blues on Mondays during fundies and ABU's Tues-Fri, but BSOC reporting instruction say ABU's Mon-Fri. Can anyone confirm this is accurate info? I don't want to be "That guy" :silly: Thanks!!!

curtst
07-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I start class next week and wanted to make sure I should be wearing blues on Monday for fundies. The most recent reporting instructions say Blues on Mondays during fundies and ABU's Tues-Fri, but BSOC reporting instruction say ABU's Mon-Fri. Can anyone confirm this is accurate info? I don't want to be "That guy" :silly: Thanks!!!

The BSOC one is correct. ABUs Mon-Fri. You will still need your service dress for graduation day, so don't forget that!

CoreyS84
07-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Oh yeah so uhh, update with the whole reenlist after tech school and receive an SRB thing... Where MPF gave me the reg where it basically said no, I re-read it and that part applied to people who had reenlisted (in their old AFSC) to get retainability for the retrain. So, in short, keep stickin it to those damn nonners and read their own regs to them... and I'll be reenlisting this week.

Go forth and get those bonuses future Sensor Operators!!

synergy_68
07-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Right on. Good info. I submit in a few months, expected class date mid-2014. Reenlist early 2015 once I get 1year out of my DOS Dec2015. $$$ Thanks for the tip.

CoreyS84
07-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Gonna search for a Cannon thread in a minute but just thought I'd ask here real quick... Any SOs in this thread at Cannon that can suggest some living areas for a single Tech that hates the 'burbs and children? I've found one decent place so far on the NE side of Clovis but it's definitely in a (albeit nice looking) suburban neighborhood. My prime concerns are: 1-a nice place, I refuse to live in a shit hole. And 2-safety of my car, I don't want to have to worry about punk ass teenagers (I used to be one, and I know what they're up to) or hoodrats messing with my car.

Thanks for any info!

FWIW, I PCS to Cannon at the end of September.

Robert F. Dorr
07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
That would seem logical.

clunghofer
07-31-2013, 07:03 PM

Hey I will probably be in the same class as you, Fundies 24 Feb? you can PM me at cody.lunghofer@dm.af.mil if you want. I know quite a bit about the whole retraining thing as well, I had 3 friends here all go through it in the last 6 months so I have been picking their brains and reading AFI's as well.

synergy_68
08-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Need some help here. Had a rather unpleasant convo with the retraining 'geniuses' at AFPC.
I checked the retraining advisory earlier and there are ZERO out-quotas for my current career field, 2S0X1. A month ago, there was 30. So we are now 'balanced'.
As a SSgt, will I still be able to pursue a slot for Sensor Op? I have already begun routing an exception to policy letter with the intent of retraining out of a 'balanced' career field and into a chronic critical field. Still waiting on my medical stuff from AETC, then I can submit.
Am I wasting my time? Or do I need to wait till next years NCORP quotas drop again?

Thanks guys.

CoreyS84
08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Need some help here. Had a rather unpleasant convo with the retraining 'geniuses' at AFPC.
I checked the retraining advisory earlier and there are ZERO out-quotas for my current career field, 2S0X1. A month ago, there was 30. So we are now 'balanced'.
As a SSgt, will I still be able to pursue a slot for Sensor Op? I have already begun routing an exception to policy letter with the intent of retraining out of a 'balanced' career field and into a chronic critical field. Still waiting on my medical stuff from AETC, then I can submit.
Am I wasting my time? Or do I need to wait till next years NCORP quotas drop again?

Thanks guys.

No, you are not wasting your time. You are doing it correctly by routing that ETP. A lot of us, including myself, were approved as ETP applicants out of a balanced career field. AFPC should've told you to wait to submit until after the mandatory retrainee part of NCORP is over, I think it's 1 Oct or Nov... Call them back and ask when you are allowed to retrain with an ETP.

curtst
08-01-2013, 01:56 PM

Thanks guys.

You should be good to go getting an ETP sent up. What did AFPC tell you? Are you FTA?

synergy_68
08-01-2013, 02:16 PM
No, you are not wasting your time. You are doing it correctly by routing that ETP. A lot of us, including myself, were approved as ETP applicants out of a balanced career field. AFPC should've told you to wait to submit until after the mandatory retrainee part of NCORP is over, I think it's 1 Oct or Nov... Call them back and ask when you are allowed to retrain with an ETP.

Thanks for the quick reply. I called AFPC. They said last year I couldve done Oct 1. This year is TBD. I called 3 times, on the 3rd call I got a female that I have never spoken to and she was on point. Better then George or Steve LOL

synergy_68
08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
You should be good to go getting an ETP sent up. What did AFPC tell you? Are you FTA?

Getting the ETP routed now. AFPC told me that I should still submit when I get everything done, you never know. She said Id have a better chance after the NCORP is over, sometime around Oct-Nov. Otherwise, all my stuff is still good to go for next year. 1042 is good for a year, and 422 is good for 6 months. I can get the 422 closer to next years retraining submit if I have to.
I wont have that ETP for about 2 weeks, and I wont have the 1042 for about 2 months. Im not to worried yet. Good info to have though.
By the way, I am a second term SSGT.

polcat95
08-08-2013, 02:33 AM
what are the check rides like for a sensor operator? loadmaster

curtst
08-11-2013, 05:54 PM
what are the check rides like for a sensor operator? loadmaster

Should be similar to what you are used to just on the ground rather than the air, plus some extra stuff that I don't want to talk about on a forum.

sensor5
08-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I remember when I was excited to come into this career field. Over a year and a half and Im just now operational. 6 months of TDY, 6 months of sitting around, 6 months of training. That bonus was sweet though. Package was accepted in December of 2011. Welcome

curtst
08-19-2013, 03:06 AM
I remember when I was excited to come into this career field. Over a year and a half and Im just now operational. 6 months of TDY, 6 months of sitting around, 6 months of training. That bonus was sweet though. Package was accepted in December of 2011. Welcome

Patience is a virtue, and not just during the retraining process or the training that comes afterward.

synergy_68
08-20-2013, 08:29 AM
With NCORP over, any NCOs hoping that we get a retraining op in October?

RPA
08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Looking to clear something up if anyone could help....

What are the requirements for a sensor operator and depth perception? I keep hearing conflicting information that depth perception is not required or that it is required and that there is no waiver.

Are you required to pass the depth perception test at MEPS to get a position as a sensor operator?

If you could provide me any documentation, that would be great. It's been a mess getting this information. THANK YOU!!!

Pullinteeth
08-22-2013, 08:30 PM

What are the requirements for a sensor operator and depth perception? I keep hearing conflicting information that depth perception is not required or that it is required and that there is no waiver.

Are you required to pass the depth perception test at MEPS to get a position as a sensor operator?

If you could provide me any documentation, that would be great. It's been a mess getting this information. THANK YOU!!!

Not required;

AFECD
3. Specialty Qualifications:
3.1. Knowledge: Knowledge is mandatory of active and passive airborne sensor systems fundamentals; air weapons control and delivery operations; electro-optical, infrared, and synthetic aperture radar sensor theory; basic imagery interpretation principles; TTPs for detection, recognition, identification and target tracking; TTPs for friendly and enemy AOB assets; RPA control procedures; basic aircraft performance characteristics; Federal Aviation Regulations and Air Force General Flight Rules, airborne sensors and armaments; maintaining publications; emergency action procedures; and ATO, ACO, SPINs, and fire support annexes.
3.2. Education. For entry into this specialty completion of high school is desirable.
3.3. Training. For award of AFSC 1U031, completion of a basic Sensor Operator course is mandatory.
3.4. Experience. The following experience is mandatory for award of the AFSC indicated:
3.4.1. 1U051. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 1U031.
3.4.2. 1U071. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 1U051.
3.4.3. 1U091. Qualification in and possession of 1U071, and experience in managing RPA Sensor Operations.
3.4.4. Flight experience is considered beneficial and desired, but not required for qualification in this AFSC.
3.5. Other. The following are mandatory as indicated:
3.5.1. See attachment 4 for entry requirements.
3.5.2. Normal color vision and Ground Based Aircraft Controller Physical according to AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, Section 6I.
3.5.3. For entry, award, and retention of AFSC 1U031/51/71/91/00, qualification for aviation service according to AFI 11-402, Aviation and Parachutist Service, Aeronautical Ratings and Aviation Badges.
3.5.4. For award and retention of these AFSCs, must maintain an Air Force Network License according to AFI 33-115, Vol 2, Licensing Network Users and Certifying Network Professionals.
3.5.5. This AFSC requires routine access to Top Secret material or similar environment. For award and retention of AFSCs 1U0X1, completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) according to AFI 31-501, Personnel Security Program Management.
NOTE: Award of the 3-skill level without a completed SSBI is authorized provided an interim Top Secret security clearance has been granted according to AFI 31-501.

AFI 48-123;

6.46.4. Vision.
6.46.4.1. Distant uncorrected, worse than 20/400 each eye.
6.46.4.2. Distant or near corrected, worse than 20/20 each eye.
6.46.4.3. Near uncorrected, no standard. Note: Stabilized visual acuity below the above level is disqualifying; this includes following refractive surgery. Refractive surgical outcomes that interfere with the member’s ability to perform his/her duties are also disqualifying. Some occupations, such as combat controllers, must also meet flying class III standards; therefore, approved refractive surgery procedures require waiver processing because these procedures are disqualifying for the AASD career fields.

RPA
08-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Thank you PullinTeeth for this information... one more question for you.... do you know if depth perception is required for a RPA pilot in the USAF? Thanks.

ampete13
08-23-2013, 11:14 AM
How long does it normally take to go get out of the AFCC review?

loadtoad
08-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Where does Uncle Sam send peoples families that cross trained into the sensor operator career field while attending training?

curtst
08-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Where does Uncle Sam send peoples families that cross trained into the sensor operator career field while attending training?

They stay at your current base during your training. Once done they will PCS with you.

loadtoad
08-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I'll be coming from overseas with a DEROS, so I'm thinking they'll have to leave also.

curtst
08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I'll be coming from overseas with a DEROS, so I'm thinking they'll have to leave also.

Yeah, in that case, at least how it used to work, you and your family will PCS to your new duty station and you will TDY from there. When are you supposed to PCS and have you gotten your assignment yet?

loadtoad
08-25-2013, 05:07 PM
May 2014 and I still have to wait for 1 Oct to submit the retraining package. However, I have everything completed i.e physical, ETP and clearance. So I still got some hurdle to cross first, but shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to get some in sight. After reading through the thread it seems, some of the schools are short in duration and different locations. Wondering if the family would follow me to those locations or be sent to my home of record. Might have to call AFPC.

curtst
08-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Either case, if you haven't updated your assignment preference on virtual yet, I would.

With you being overseas you should PCS to your next base with your family. They won't be coming with you during your training.

loadtoad
08-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks...appreciate the heads up for the assignment preference.

synergy_68
08-26-2013, 06:14 AM
May 2014 and I still have to wait for 1 Oct to submit the retraining package. However, I have everything completed i.e physical, ETP and clearance. So I still got some hurdle to cross first, but shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to get some in sight. After reading through the thread it seems, some of the schools are short in duration and different locations. Wondering if the family would follow me to those locations or be sent to my home of record. Might have to call AFPC.

I am also waiting for the Oct 1 to open up. Single, E5, stationed at Langley. Second termer.

synergy_68
08-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Is it true that the final school, FTU? is currently backed up quite a bit? I was told that I would TDY to Fundies/BSOC (back to back TDYs), come back to my home station, continue working for 6-8months, then TDY to FTU and PCS after graduation.
Im single, E5.

curtst
08-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Is it true that the final school, FTU? is currently backed up quite a bit? I was told that I would TDY to Fundies/BSOC (back to back TDYs), come back to my home station, continue working for 6-8months, then TDY to FTU and PCS after graduation.
Im single, E5.

Things have changed slightly. The backlog is getting better, but there is still a backlog. You will PCS to your new base after completing BSOC and TDY to FTU after some time after. Times will vary.

Jumper5
08-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Things have changed slightly. The backlog is getting better, but there is still a backlog. You will PCS to your new base after completing BSOC and TDY to FTU after some time after. Times will vary.

Yep. If I were retraining right now, I would plan on being in casual status for several months at the gaining base after completing BSOC and PCSing.

synergy_68
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Yep. If I were retraining right now, I would plan on being in casual status for several months at the gaining base after completing BSOC and PCSing.

Thank you for the info. I have no problem with getting to the new base. The quicker I leave my unit at Langley, the better. Hoping for Creech, all my family/friends/where I grew up is a couple hours drive. Got this info today as well....

Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 29 AUG 2013.

Retraining AFSC: 1U011

Projected Course Name: Aircrew Fundamentals w/o Chamber

Projected Course Number: L2AQR1U011 01AA

Projected Course Start Date: 28 APR 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 05 MAY 2014

Projected Course Name: REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT (RPA) BASIC SENSOR OPERATOR COURSE (BSOC)

Projected Course Number: RPA BSOC

Projected Course Start Date: 12 MAY 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 20 JUN 2014

Thanks guys for all the info and support with retraining. Hope to see some of you at the finish line.
Jason Smith

curtst
08-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the info. I have no problem with getting to the new base. The quicker I leave my unit at Langley, the better. Hoping for Creech, all my family/friends/where I grew up is a couple hours drive. Got this info today as well....

Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 29 AUG 2013.

Projected Course Start Date: 28 APR 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 05 MAY 2014

Projected Course Name: REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT (RPA) BASIC SENSOR OPERATOR COURSE (BSOC)

Projected Course Start Date: 12 MAY 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 20 JUN 2014

Thanks guys for all the info and support with retraining. Hope to see some of you at the finish line.
Jason Smith

Congrats bud. See ya soon.

loadtoad
08-30-2013, 08:00 PM
I am also waiting for the Oct 1 to open up. Single, E5, stationed at Langley. Second termer.

That's great that you got accepted and didn't have to wait until 1 Oct. Did you do anything different to get accepted earlier?

synergy_68
08-31-2013, 07:51 AM
If interested in in how I snuck through Phase 2 of NCORP, email me synergy_68@Yahoo.com

Id rather not post on here. Id hate for AFPC to email me with me with a cancelled classdate, cause I just helped 50 ppl beat the system. LOL

loadtoad
08-31-2013, 02:11 PM
If interested in in how I snuck through Phase 2 of NCORP, email me synergy_68@Yahoo.com

Id rather not post on here. Id hate for AFPC to email me with me with a cancelled classdate, cause I just helped 50 ppl beat the system. LOL

I shot you an email. Thanks

loadtoad
08-31-2013, 02:13 PM
I shot you an email Synery_68

synergy_68
09-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Congrats bud. See ya soon.

Aircrew Fundamentals only 1 week long now??
Are there any retraining NCO's on here, that have been through the course recently? Im curious about rental car ( transportation to/from class ), per diem, lodging? I only ask cause I know to many people that dont ask the right questions and get screwed out

curtst
09-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Are there any retraining NCO's on here, that have been through the course recently? Im curious about rental car ( transportation to/from class ), per diem, lodging? I only ask cause I know to many people that dont ask the right questions and get screwed out

I'm not sure about fundies. It's been awhile for me. As far as lodging goes, if there is room available on base, you will be staying on base. I will get you a link for per diem info. Rental car? Goodluck with that one. At Lackland there is a bus that will be able to get you class. At Randolph, the school house is within walking distance. I would say get to know the folks that drove their own vehicles in and see if you can bum rides from them. That is what I did. I would have drove my own vehicle but I couldn't afford to pay out of pocket. It Was cheaper for the Air Force to just fly me there.

synergy_68
09-01-2013, 02:22 PM
I hear ya, if I was any closer Id probaly drive, but Langley is a bit of a trip. Thanks for the info

curtst
09-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Here is the link for per diem info. http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/perdiemCalc.cfm

Cr3aK
09-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Fundies is 6 class days(5 days of class and on the 6th day you'll block test and do course critiques)for 1U's because we don't require chamber qualification. I just went through fundies a month ago. I'm still in BSOC if anyone has any questions about it just shoot me a pm and I'll answer what I can.

ampete13
09-03-2013, 07:18 AM
So fundies is 5 days, BSOC is 6 weeks. How long is FTU?

macdiesell
09-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Cr3aK,

My account on this site is still under probation status. Can you PM me your personal email. I have a few questions to ask you offline.

curtst
09-03-2013, 02:05 PM
So fundies is 5 days, BSOC is 6 weeks. How long is FTU?

FTU is going to vary depending on airframe, weather and how well you do. Expect 3 to 5 months.

CoreyS84
09-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Just received my FTU class dates and airframe last week. Like curtst said, the backed up classes seem to be flowing a little better now. Stoked.

synergy_68
09-04-2013, 03:35 AM
With that being said, is it safe to say that FTU is either at Holloman, Creech, or March ARB depending on what airframe your assigned?

curtst
09-04-2013, 03:43 AM
FTU is at Holloman for active duty. March for the reserve folks. Very few, very very few active duty folks go to March for FTU, so don't expect it.

loadtoad
09-08-2013, 01:15 PM
AFI 36-2626 Retraining Reg dated 3 Jun 2013 has a lot of good info.

ampete13
09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 10 SEP 2013.

Projected Course Start Date: 03 FEB 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 10 FEB 2014

Projected Course Start Date: 19 FEB 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 28 MAR 2014

See you guys soon.

Pullinteeth
09-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Thank you PullinTeeth for this information... one more question for you.... do you know if depth perception is required for a RPA pilot in the USAF? Thanks.

It doesn't look like it. AFI 48-123 doesn't appear to have any depth perception requirements listed in chapter 6 subsection H...Unmanned Aircraft System Medical Standards.

loadtoad
09-10-2013, 08:24 PM
It doesn't look like it. AFI 48-123 doesn't appear to have any depth perception requirements listed in chapter 6 subsection H...Unmanned Aircraft System Medical Standards.

The physical guideline for the 1U0X1 should be under AFI 48-123 section 6I.

Section 6I— Ground Based Aircraft Controller
6.46. Ground Based Aircraft Controller Medical Standards. The standards in Section 6I apply to all ground based aircraft controllers which includes air traffic controller, weapons controllers/directors, combat controllers and Aerospace Control and Warning Systems (1C5X1), Tactical Air Control Party (1C4X1), Air Liaison Officer (13LX) and RPA sensor operators (1U0X1).

Pullinteeth
09-10-2013, 08:28 PM
The physical guideline for the 1U0X1 should be under AFI 48-123 section 6I.

Section 6I— Ground Based Aircraft Controller
6.46. Ground Based Aircraft Controller Medical Standards. The standards in Section 6I apply to all ground based aircraft controllers which includes air traffic controller, weapons controllers/directors, combat controllers and Aerospace Control and Warning Systems (1C5X1), Tactical Air Control Party (1C4X1), Air Liaison Officer (13LX) and RPA sensor operators (1U0X1).

And that pertains to my post HOW?

loadtoad
09-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Just wondering if the member was looking for depth perception in 6H or 6I.

Pullinteeth
09-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Just wondering if the member was looking for depth perception in 6H or 6I.

For a Pilot? Should be looking in 6H....just like I said.

Perhaps you missed the first two questions in the conversation (AND the question asked that was QUOTED in my response)/

Not required;

AFECD
3. Specialty Qualifications:
3.1. Knowledge: Knowledge is mandatory of active and passive airborne sensor systems fundamentals; air weapons control and delivery operations; electro-optical, infrared, and synthetic aperture radar sensor theory; basic imagery interpretation principles; TTPs for detection, recognition, identification and target tracking; TTPs for friendly and enemy AOB assets; RPA control procedures; basic aircraft performance characteristics; Federal Aviation Regulations and Air Force General Flight Rules, airborne sensors and armaments; maintaining publications; emergency action procedures; and ATO, ACO, SPINs, and fire support annexes.
3.2. Education. For entry into this specialty completion of high school is desirable.
3.3. Training. For award of AFSC 1U031, completion of a basic Sensor Operator course is mandatory.
3.4. Experience. The following experience is mandatory for award of the AFSC indicated:
3.4.1. 1U051. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 1U031.
3.4.2. 1U071. Qualification in and possession of AFSC 1U051.
3.4.3. 1U091. Qualification in and possession of 1U071, and experience in managing RPA Sensor Operations.
3.4.4. Flight experience is considered beneficial and desired, but not required for qualification in this AFSC.
3.5. Other. The following are mandatory as indicated:
3.5.1. See attachment 4 for entry requirements.
3.5.2. Normal color vision and Ground Based Aircraft Controller Physical according to AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, Section 6I.
3.5.3. For entry, award, and retention of AFSC 1U031/51/71/91/00, qualification for aviation service according to AFI 11-402, Aviation and Parachutist Service, Aeronautical Ratings and Aviation Badges.
3.5.4. For award and retention of these AFSCs, must maintain an Air Force Network License according to AFI 33-115, Vol 2, Licensing Network Users and Certifying Network Professionals.
3.5.5. This AFSC requires routine access to Top Secret material or similar environment. For award and retention of AFSCs 1U0X1, completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) according to AFI 31-501, Personnel Security Program Management.
NOTE: Award of the 3-skill level without a completed SSBI is authorized provided an interim Top Secret security clearance has been granted according to AFI 31-501.

AFI 48-123;

6.46.4. Vision.
6.46.4.1. Distant uncorrected, worse than 20/400 each eye.
6.46.4.2. Distant or near corrected, worse than 20/20 each eye.
6.46.4.3. Near uncorrected, no standard. Note: Stabilized visual acuity below the above level is disqualifying; this includes following refractive surgery. Refractive surgical outcomes that interfere with the member’s ability to perform his/her duties are also disqualifying. Some occupations, such as combat controllers, must also meet flying class III standards; therefore, approved refractive surgery procedures require waiver processing because these procedures are disqualifying for the AASD career fields.

loadtoad
09-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Yea I miss it...no worries

synergy_68
09-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 10 SEP 2013.

Projected Course Start Date: 03 FEB 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 10 FEB 2014

Projected Course Start Date: 19 FEB 2014

Projected Course Graduation Date: 28 MAR 2014

See you guys soon.

Conrgats!! Want to switch? I start fundies Apr 28, with a BSOC grad date of June 20. I want to get started asap.

ampete13
09-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Conrgats!! Want to switch? I start fundies Apr 28, with a BSOC grad date of June 20. I want to get started asap.

No can do, I am trying to get out of Ammo as fast as I can.

synergy_68
09-11-2013, 08:24 AM
No can do, I am trying to get out of Ammo as fast as I can.

I hear ya brother. Im a supply troop aslo trying to ditch the job ASAP.
Congrats.

ampete13
09-16-2013, 02:17 PM
I am retraining from a non SRB field and according to the AFI once I reenlist I will not be eligible for the SRB unless I am in the AFSC. The formal retraining allocation says I need to gain 24 months retainability and I can not do so unless I reenlist. My DOS is June 2014 and I would graduate BSOC March 2014. Is there any way around this? Or will I have to bite the bullet on this one?

Robert F. Dorr
09-16-2013, 02:21 PM
I am retraining from a non SRB field and according to the AFI once I reenlist I will not be eligible for the SRB unless I am in the AFSC. The formal retraining allocation says I need to gain 24 months retainability and I can not do so unless I reenlist. My DOS is June 2014 and I would graduate BSOC March 2014. Is there any way around this? Or will I have to bite the bullet on this one?

This message does not contain enough abbreviations.

20+Years
09-16-2013, 02:26 PM
An extension is your only way around it. You are correct, once you reenlist the window closes, unless you hold the AFSC. I saw this situation many times, it worked out for some, and not for others. It all depends on timing; length of initial enlistment, when accepted for retraining, ect.

If you can extend, then you could reenlist after obtaining the AFSC... but MPS has AFIs on the timing of extensions too. Its worth a shot.

ampete13
09-16-2013, 02:45 PM
If I extend I can reach it out to 19 months, 5 months shy of the mark. Bummer.

synergy_68
09-17-2013, 06:44 AM
I was told this by the sergeant that did my extension with me also. As long as I get back before my extension starts and i have the new AFSC assigned. I can cancel my extension and re-enlist for the amount of time I decide 4 or 6 years.

Lots of posts concerning the SRB/reenlistments... The above is correct. I have been adivised to do the same thing from our reenlistment section. She actually said the plan before I could, which is nice cause usually the MPF folks arent on the same page.
Graduate school June 20, get back to my home base June 21, Go straight to MPF with graduation paperwork/certificate to get AFSC changed ASAP, cancel extension, reenlist within 30 days to get SRB.

synergy_68
09-17-2013, 06:48 AM
If I extend I can reach it out to 19 months, 5 months shy of the mark. Bummer.

If the most you can extend is out to 19months, then yes sir you are SOL.

20+Years
09-17-2013, 01:02 PM
The only advice then is to reenlist for the minimum, get to the next bonus asap.

LoadtoSensorOp
09-26-2013, 04:43 PM
FTU is at Holloman for active duty. March for the reserve folks. Very few, very very few active duty folks go to March for FTU, so don't expect it.

Few AD guys get to go up to Syracuse too.

LoadtoSensorOp
09-26-2013, 04:46 PM
FTU is going to vary depending on airframe, weather and how well you do. Expect 3 to 5 months.

The longest class will be if you are paired up with a brand new pilot with no prior flying. Expect this class to be up to 6 months.

LoadtoSensorOp
09-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Im single, E5.

***NOTE*** Below statement is for guys that are going to Creech to wait for FTU
I PCS'd after BSOC, total time I waited between BSOC and FTU was right at 7 months. Some guys had to wait longer (some by choice i.e. closing on a house and switched class dates with someone else). There are usually additional class add ons in the last few weeks leading up to a start of a course so some folks get to go to FTU earlier than originally slated.

LoadtoSensorOp
09-26-2013, 05:10 PM
MQT at final squadron complete.
Total time from start of BSOC to completion of MQT = 1 year give or take a few weeks.

Lessons learned
*You are going to have tons of idle time so take some college classes, volunteer, take up pottery sculpting, you get the point.
*Keep on top of your fitness, some folks have to delay going to their final squadron due to a failing PT or mock PT test.
*Had two people fail out of MQT in my class so if you're struggling and really want to do the job then get the extra help you need.
*Be open minded and roll with the hand you are dealt. Don't be one of those guys that gripes about having to wait around for your class date. It is what it is and you're getting paid either way.
*Finally, what you will be doing after MQT complete is important, be proud of it. At times it can be boring but don't focus on that. Keep a good mindset and you will enjoy the job.

ampete13
10-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I hate to keep asking these questions but I need the information. My fundamentals class runs from the 3rd to the 10th and BSOC starts on the 19th. Should I expect to stay there for those days or should I expect to be sent home.

curtst
10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
You should be able to stay. Call your formal training manager and they should be able to give a firm yes or no.

Cr3aK
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I dealt with the same thing when I went to Fundies/BSOC. I was told by my formal training that as long as the courses aren't more than 9 days apart you won't return to your losing unit in between courses.

loadtoad
11-01-2013, 01:28 PM
More 1U0 slots are available!

Bohica
11-18-2013, 09:28 PM
I just graduated bsoc and was able to cancel my extension and reenlist. Maxed out the bonus for zone A

GTVETTE
11-27-2013, 12:13 AM
http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/467610/air-force-specialties-affected-by-retraining-reduction.aspx

Does anyone know if those that have class dates will be affected by this?

Bohica
11-27-2013, 12:44 AM
You can kiss the SRB bonus goodbye beginning december 5

curtst
11-27-2013, 12:50 AM
You can kiss the SRB bonus goodbye beginning december 5

I saw this as well. Kind of curious if it is all zones or just some. I don't really see zone A going away yet. Zone C though is definitely gone. Which is sad since that is the zone I will be in next reenlistment.

Oh well.

Bohica
11-27-2013, 12:59 AM
the way I read the article, I'm expecting all zones from the 45 afsc's to be completely dropped

synergy_68
11-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Any insight into our retraining orders being cancelled?? I start April 28.

curtst
11-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Any insight into our retraining orders being cancelled?? I start April 28.

Are you saying they were cancelled? I haven't heard of any orders being cancelled or planned to be cancelled.

synergy_68
11-27-2013, 07:47 PM
This is the first article.
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20131126/CAREERS/311260027/Air-Force-cancels-retraining-35-career-fields

Then the bonus was taken away.

The retraining advisory currently shows just a handful or jobs and only for FTA.

curtst
11-27-2013, 07:51 PM
This is the first article.
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20131126/CAREERS/311260027/Air-Force-cancels-retraining-35-career-fields

Then the bonus was taken away.

The retraining advisory currently shows just a handful or jobs and only for FTA.

I teach at BSOC and haven't heard anything. That doesn't mean much though, I heard about our bonuses going away in an email from Air Force Times and then Facebook. When I checked my work email nothing there about it.

synergy_68
11-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Sounds great. A little bit of hope. Perhaps you hear things or will see things first. Can relay it to us on here

hugomk
11-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I think it's official. One of the squadron CEM here at Creech already sent an e-mail talking about it. Airman has been informed that if they are in the window to reenlist, do so by 5Dec to get the SRB.

curtst
11-28-2013, 01:37 AM
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20131127/CAREERS/311270026/Retraining-opportunities-list-what-stays-what-goes

Edit: misread the article 1U is off the retrain list my bad.

GTVETTE
11-28-2013, 02:09 AM
That article says 1U is not on the list.

curtst
11-28-2013, 03:40 AM
That article says 1U is not on the list.

You are correct sir. Fixed my post. Was reading it on my phone so it all looked like one list.

GTVETTE
11-28-2013, 04:02 AM
I was hoping you were right. I guess I'll just wait for that email telling me my training has been canceled.

Bohica
11-28-2013, 06:54 AM
The article talking about retraining said that any classes scheduled to begin after january 1st was going to be cancelled unless your class start date begins within 45 days

synergy_68
11-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Sorry, Im confused and of course trying to find any hope in this.

The article says : The list of career fields still on the retraining list is as follows: (scroll down to 1U0X1)
Also on the list is PC, CCT, TACP , all career fields where retraining isnt being cancelled no doubt.

Perhaps we are all safe? Or, maybe only a handful of us will get cancelled? What do you think..?

curtst
11-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Straight copy and paste from the article:
The list of career fields that no longer appear to be on the retraining list is as follows:

1A1X1 Flight engineer

1A2X1 Aircraft loadmaster

1A8X1 Airborne cryptologic language analyst

1A8X2 Airborne ISR operator

1A9X1 Special mission aviation

1B4X1 Cyberspace defense operations

1C0X2 Aviation resource management

1C4X1 Tactical air control party (TACP)

1C5X1 Command and control battle management ops

1C7X1 Airfield management

1N3X1 Cryptologic language analyst

1N4X1A Fusion analyst

1N4X1B Fusion analyst

1S0X1 Safety

1U0X1 Remotely piloted aircraft sensor op

Of course they do use words no longer "appear" to be... To me that sounds like they aren't sure.

loadtoad
11-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Using the THRMIS website, you can get a feel for the the current numbers and future numbers the Air Force is looking for. Only can be access from government computer.

CoreyS84
12-03-2013, 01:13 AM
I start IQT this wednesday! Aaaawww yeayuh!!

Haven't been on here in a while thought I'd check in and see what the kids are talking about and if I could answer any questions.

ampete13
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Re: Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Good news and bad news. Good news is for the folks who have class seats already. If you are fully approved and have class dates your retrain will still go through. Bad news for folks not approved retraining yet, if you don't get approved by Jan, it probably won't happen, unless funding magically happens, even then, don't hold your breath. .

I just have to ask where did you hear this?

ampete13
12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Where did you hear this news at? I am curious.

macdiesell
12-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Curtst,

Where did you hear this info from? Can you please elaborate or reveal your sources? There hasn't been any offical word from the AF so if you have the inside sccop, then please let us know. A lot of people are very nervous about this and I wouldn't want to give them false hope. Thanks for your help.

ladyteeSrA
12-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Are you sure about that? Where did you hear this news?

synergy_68
12-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Incredible news. Thank you.

GTVETTE
12-05-2013, 11:33 PM
The online retraining advisory is being updated automatically as people are being removed so its showing as an OBJ IN quota for whatever they AFSC they were removed from. As of right now there are 9 1U0X1 quotas meaning 9 people have had their retraining canceled already.

synergy_68
12-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Myself and another guy I am talking to out of Germany had our classdates cancelled. Him for July, mine was in April. No email notice, however you will see it in MyPers/MyStuff.
Best of luck to all you.

macdiesell
12-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Looks like myself and another individual got caught up as well. We had class dates for end of Feb. Looks like Curtst was wrong in his assumption, oh well it happens. Good luck to all whom makes it through with approved class dates. Hopefully in the near future class seats will become available and we can reapply.

loadtoad
12-07-2013, 05:52 AM
http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20131206/CAREERS02/312060015/243-retraining-slots-remain-first-term-airmen

BRUWIN
12-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Looks like the AF will save a fortune on issuing unneccesary flight suits.

Jamethon
12-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Looks like the AF will save a fortune on issuing unneccesary flight suits.

Not really... the money will just go elsewhere. The money for the flight suits come from the unit's funds. Using that money on flight suits just prevents more end of year "fall out money" waste expenses.

GTVETTE
12-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Is anyone else still approved for retraining?

loadtoad
12-23-2013, 10:25 PM
I lucked out and made it through the storm.

GTVETTE
12-24-2013, 12:10 AM
I lucked out and made it through the storm.

Are you starting class soon or have you already graduated?

loadtoad
12-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Are you starting class soon or have you already graduated?

I start class in June 2014

hugomk
12-24-2013, 01:28 AM
I start class in June 2014

Not cancelled yet?

loadtoad
12-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Not cancelled yet?

I'm good, for my rank (MSgt) they didn't cancel any slots.

hugomk
12-24-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm good, for my rank (MSgt) they didn't cancel any slots.

Ok. I heard we are short on MSgt and up and overmanned for the SSgt and below. I think we are short on TSgt as well.

loadtoad
12-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Ok. I heard we are short on MSgt and up and overmanned for the SSgt and below. I think we are short on TSgt as well.

I kept checking THRMIS through the entire process, it showed MSgt was undermanned, but you know with big blue sometimes you're never safe. I'm still worried until I'm actually seating in the class seat.

Bohica
12-24-2013, 05:29 AM
I kept checking THRMIS through the entire process, it showed MSgt was undermanned, but you know with big blue sometimes you're never safe. I'm still worried until I'm actually seating in the class seat.

You'll enjoy the class. The instructors are knowledgeable and have good stories about their personal experiences on the job

loadtoad
12-24-2013, 03:40 PM
You'll enjoy the class. The instructors are knowledgeable and have good stories about their personal experiences on the job

Really looking forward to school. Are there in other MSgt's on here that recently retrained? If so, please inbox me at drepuppy@yahoo.com

Jumper5
12-29-2013, 07:36 PM

TSgt manning is a little fat for us but not as bad as the lower ranks.

Bohica
01-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Just found out I'll be on the retention board. Just finished retraining a lil while ago. Haven't even PCS'd yet

hugomk
01-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Goodluck. I heard 400+ 1U needs to go.

Bohica
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Yea, if they cut me I think I keep the SRB money they already paid out to me. Since I already have the training I would just go to March ARB and see if I could join their recon wing

hugomk
01-13-2014, 01:01 AM
March is not the only one that has a RPA Reserve unit. Creech and Holloman has one each. Eglin or Hurlburt has one. You can check those units if they are hiring.

Bohica
01-13-2014, 08:59 AM
True, I only suggested March since my hometown is in Southern Cali. Either way since I just retrained I would still need to go to the FTU at Holloman regardless

loadtoad
01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Are personnel usually in a casual status for awhile waiting for a FTU class date or is it because they're waiting for TS clearance to close?

Bohica
01-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Active duty guys usually wait about 4-6 months for their FTU date, guard gets theirs in about 1-3. TS clearance shouldn't take that long unless there's an issue.

loadtoad
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM
Copy...already have a TS...i'll just hope for a class sooner than 4 to 6 months.