PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25

CMo909
08-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Back to the subject of the Top Secret Clearance! Has anyone heard of a retrainee who had been accepted into RPA SO, applied for TS and then got denied? I know it is required to have the SF86 completed by the time you start BSOC, so if they happen to deny you a TS while you were attending BSOC, would they just pull you from the course and send you back to your old career field? I am not too worried about the TS but this scenario always lingers in the back of the mind!

hugomk
08-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Back to the subject of the Top Secret Clearance! Has anyone heard of a retrainee who had been accepted into RPA SO, applied for TS and then got denied? I know it is required to have the SF86 completed by the time you start BSOC, so if they happen to deny you a TS while you were attending BSOC, would they just pull you from the course and send you back to your old career field? I am not too worried about the TS but this scenario always lingers in the back of the mind!

No TS, you can't do this job.

Ao1051
08-15-2012, 03:43 AM
So I finally got all my paperwork Submitted today... Being a SrA i feel as if the cards are against me is that true? i missed staff this year by 4 also do yall think that not having a line number will hinder me?

Thanks in advance

Mag3231
08-15-2012, 03:39 PM
May 7, aircrew fund class date

Raven2SO
08-15-2012, 05:16 PM
So I finally got all my paperwork Submitted today... Being a SrA i feel as if the cards are against me is that true? i missed staff this year by 4 also do yall think that not having a line number will hinder me?

Thanks in advance

Yah the odds are stacked against you by a large margin.

curtst
08-15-2012, 10:10 PM

This will probably be situational dependent. It depends on why it is denied. I knew a person who lied about something, they found out. He had already completed BSOC, and was either in FTU or just completed FTU. He was kicked out. I know another person that was denied, but she was a pipeline student. Not exactly sure what ending up happening with her situation though.

Moral of the story is, tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It may not be as a big of a deal as you think it is, or you may still be approved because you told the truth.

CoreyS84
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Moral of the story is, tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It may not be as a big of a deal as you think it is, or you may still be approved because you told the truth.

^THIS.
There were a few things I was kind of worried about when they were doing my investigation, but I answered EVERYTHING TRUTHFULLY and they never even gave those things a second look. CMo909, you gotta realize they're investigating you in the interest of national security, they won't give a damn that you got picked up for shoplifting at the BX when you were 17... nawmean? That was my perception anyway.

radio2sensorops
08-16-2012, 01:35 PM
May 7, aircrew fund class dateGood lord that is a ways away.

What is the soonest one can reenlist before there enlistment is up? I have 14 1/2 months retainability from my BSOC grad date and would like to reenlist right after my class grad date.

CMo909
08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
^THIS.
There were a few things I was kind of worried about when they were doing my investigation, but I answered EVERYTHING TRUTHFULLY and they never even gave those things a second look. CMo909, you gotta realize they're investigating you in the interest of national security, they won't give a damn that you got picked up for shoplifting at the BX when you were 17... nawmean? That was my perception anyway.

Thanks Corey. I feel ya!

gunsplatter
08-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Thanks in advance

Like Raven said, having a line number would have dramatically increased your chances against someone like me who made it this year. But I wish you the best of luck, you never know! Just make sure you've got some stellar EPRs and some decent TIG/TIS.

All of you starting in October or November, congratulations! I am hoping to be right there with you after the end of this month. The anxiety is unbearable. I've finished my SF86 continuation out of boredom. I'll be ready to submit it once I go status 6.

gunsplatter
08-18-2012, 07:48 PM
May 7, aircrew fund class date

And damn, that is far out. I was hoping to see a date before I deploy, or hope it fell during my deployment so I wouldn't have to go out; better prepare to leave after all.

gunsplatter
08-18-2012, 08:07 PM
double post

Logic8807
08-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Maybe my date is October 19th and not 9th like I thought....hmmmm.

Jamethon
08-21-2012, 02:07 AM
New people posting on here: Stop posting class dates. You don't want people to know exactly where you are and when you will be there for training in a very controversial job. Something about OPSEC.

njkennelly
08-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Ok it's about time. The moderators sure were slow getting my account validated.

So heres my story...

7/30/12 0530: Requested retraining
7/30/12 0940: Eligible
7/31/12 0748: Status 5
8/07/12 0730: Status 6

My secret for such a quick turn around: I applied back in Dec and went all the to status 5. Then they canceled my application because they ran out of class seats for FY12 (back when the SRB was a 7). Told me to reapply when the FY13 quotas dropped. Fast forward to 7/30/12 (now it's a 2) I already had all my paperwork complete. Juyst had to upload it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was in this situation. Curious to hear who else was.

Anywho, I may or may not be starting fundies on the Oct 19 & BSOC on Nov 8.

CoreyS84
08-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Ok it's about time. The moderators sure were slow getting my account validated.

So heres my story...

7/30/12 0530: Requested retraining
7/30/12 0940: Eligible
7/31/12 0748: Status 5
8/07/12 0730: Status 6

My secret for such a quick turn around: I applied back in Dec and went all the to status 5. Then they canceled my application because they ran out of class seats for FY12 (back when the SRB was a 7). Told me to reapply when the FY13 quotas dropped. Fast forward to 7/30/12 (now it's a 2) I already had all my paperwork complete. Juyst had to upload it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was in this situation. Curious to hear who else was.

Anywho, I may or may not be starting fundies on the Oct 19 & BSOC on Nov 8.

I'm in the same boat, was approved and awaiting class date back in March. I'm guessing you have retraining OUT quotas for your current AFSC?

I tried to apply when the FY13 quotas dropped but since I don't have any OUT quotas I have to wait until the NCORP phase I and II are over and am waiting to apply with all my already approved paperwork in hand on 1 November.

njkennelly
08-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm in the same boat, was approved and awaiting class date back in March. I'm guessing you have retraining OUT quotas for your current AFSC?

I tried to apply when the FY13 quotas dropped but since I don't have any OUT quotas I have to wait until the NCORP phase I and II are over and am waiting to apply with all my already approved paperwork in hand on 1 November.

There were no quota oust when I originally applied in Dec, so I had to do an ETP letter with my CC sig. That's how I got approved then. This time there are quota outs so I didn't need the ETP but I uploaded it anyway. If you PM with your email address I will send the ETP that I used. You'll just need to fill in your info and have your CC sign it, then upload it with your appliaction.

CoreyS84
08-22-2012, 02:02 PM
There were no quota oust when I originally applied in Dec, so I had to do an ETP letter with my CC sig. That's how I got approved then. This time there are quota outs so I didn't need the ETP but I uploaded it anyway. If you PM with your email address I will send the ETP that I used. You'll just need to fill in your info and have your CC sign it, then upload it with your appliaction.

Yup, I needed an ETP last time for no OUTs. There are only a handful of AFSCs where people with no OUTs can apply for with an ETP right now (None of which are 1U0X1), which is why I have to wait until 1 Nov.

njkennelly
08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Yup, I needed an ETP last time for no OUTs. There are only a handful of AFSCs where people with no OUTs can apply for with an ETP right now (None of which are 1U0X1), which is why I have to wait until 1 Nov.

That's weird, seeins how I did it at the beginning of the year and it was approved. No pressure, if you don't want to try it, that's fine.

CoreyS84
08-22-2012, 06:46 PM
...try what? I applied hours after these FY13 slots dropped, that's when AFPC denied me and told me about those few AFSCs that I could apply for.

njkennelly
08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
...try what? I applied hours after these FY13 slots dropped, that's when AFPC denied me and told me about those few AFSCs that I could apply for.

I still think it's weird, but I guess it's because they want all the quota out people from the NCORP list to have first pick. So I can understand why. Good luck in Nov.

Logic8807
08-22-2012, 11:54 PM
New people posting on here: Stop posting class dates. You don't want people to know exactly where you are and when you will be there for training in a very controversial job. Something about OPSEC.

Yeah, good point. Too much excitement I guess.

SensOitup
08-23-2012, 06:11 PM
No time to look through 600 pages, so...is 3 years retainability required prior to starting Fundies? BC I have 14 months already, and that's enough for BSOC I believe.

Texas956
08-24-2012, 03:55 PM
No time to look through 600 pages, so...is 3 years retainability required prior to starting Fundies? BC I have 14 months already, and that's enough for BSOC I believe.

You'll also need to obtain the required retainability based on yourgraduation date from RPA BSOC, which is currently 14-months. If you need more info look up the ETCA (Education and Training Course Announcements) in the AF portal. Hope it helps.

Robert F. Dorr
08-26-2012, 12:42 AM
This seems to be the only recent thread with anything about unmanned aerial vehicles, so here:

http://oakton.patch.com/blog_posts/military-matters-drone-dilemma

This is a glance at a dilemma as described in our local, hometown, on-line gazette.

By the way, a source confirmed that the Air Force is planning to drop the term "remotely piloted aircraft," which is used by no other branch of government and no one else in aviation.

LoadtoSensorOp
08-26-2012, 11:06 PM
This seems to be the only recent thread with anything about unmanned aerial vehicles, so here:

http://oakton.patch.com/blog_posts/military-matters-drone-dilemma

This is a glance at a dilemma as described in our local, hometown, on-line gazette.

By the way, a source confirmed that the Air Force is planning to drop the term "remotely piloted aircraft," which is used by no other branch of government and no one else in aviation.

30,000 drones in the U.S skies by 2020. Can anyone say job security for us?

CoreyS84
08-27-2012, 01:02 PM
30,000 drones in the U.S skies by 2020. Can anyone say job security for us?

Hell yeah. That's the reason I wanna get into this AFSC now!

WhiskeyBravo
08-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Can anyone give me some insight to the length of the tech school/training required for the AFSC?

SensOitup
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Can anyone give me some insight to the length of the tech school/training required for the AFSC?

2 wks for Aircrew fundies
4 wks for BSOC

You'll eventually go to IQT anywhere from 3 to 6 mnths depending on the weapon system you are selected for.

WhiskeyBravo
08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
2 wks for Aircrew fundies
4 wks for BSOC

You'll eventually go to IQT anywhere from 3 to 6 mnths depending on the weapon system you are selected for.

Would that mean TDY for Aircrew Fundies and maybe BSOC? Probally s PCS for the IQT?

Kleck0810
08-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Would that mean TDY for Aircrew Fundies and maybe BSOC? Probally s PCS for the IQT?

BSOC is 6 weeks...I'm in it at the moment. You'll PCS to your next duty station before going to FTU (formally known as IQT).

radio2sensorops
08-28-2012, 07:58 PM
BSOC is 6 weeks...I'm in it at the moment. You'll PCS to your next duty station before going to FTU (formally known as IQT). It could be enroute too.

Jamethon
08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
It depends what base you are at. If you are stationed at Holloman they won't PCS you, then send you back to Holloman for 3-4 months.

Also, IQT and FTU are interchangeable.

WhiskeyBravo
08-28-2012, 08:52 PM
It depends what base you are at. If you are stationed at Holloman they won't PCS you, then send you back to Holloman for 3-4 months.

Also, IQT and FTU are interchangeable.

I am currently "Status 5", sitting at Offutt AFB (Nebraska). I am hoping to get Whiteman AFB (Missouri) as a duty station after training but don't want to have to PCS my entire family during training only to send them back to the same general area.

curtst
08-28-2012, 08:55 PM
My entire class that got Whiteman PCSed there after FTU. Of course this was before the squadron officially stood up so things might be different.

Jamethon
08-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I am currently "Status 5", sitting at Offutt AFB (Nebraska). I am hoping to get Whiteman AFB (Missouri) as a duty station after training but don't want to have to PCS my entire family during training only to send them back to the same general area.

Yeah every base right now is PCS before FTU. You will get your assignment in BSOC. Good luck on getting Whiteman, it is a small base and not too many people get it.

Kegler
08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
before going to FTU (formally known as IQT).

IQT (Initial Qual Training) is AT the FTU (Formal Training Unit)

Jamethon
08-29-2012, 03:26 AM
IQT (Initial Qual Training) is AT the FTU (Formal Training Unit)

Yes, sorry I meant "are used interchangeable"

WhiskeyBravo
08-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I just checked vMPF and I went "Status 6" this morning. Class dates for Aircrew Fundiues is ## XXX and BSOC is set for ## XXX.

SensOitup
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Anyone stay at Kelly for Fundies? I hear there is no shuttle service to Lackland; so if you don't get a rental car, you're kind of screwed unless you have a class mate there as well.

curtst
08-30-2012, 12:03 AM
I just checked vMPF and I went "Status 6" this morning. Class dates for Aircrew Fundiues is ## XXX and BSOC is set for ## XXX.

Great date....See you there.

seatmech2412
08-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Just wanted to post and get this thread to the top, so it gets the visibility it deserves. If you read all this stuff you shouldn't even be required to go to Tech School or do CDC's.......

hugomk
08-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Just wanted to post and get this thread to the top, so it gets the visibility it deserves. If you read all this stuff you shouldn't even be required to go to Tech School or do CDC's.......

Just like you don't need to go to yours right?

WhiskeyBravo
08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if 1U0X1 operators receive Aerial Achievement Medals?

hugomk
08-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Can anyone tell me if 1U0X1 operators receive Aerial Achievement Medals?

Yes 1U0X1 receive the medal.

seatmech2412
08-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Just like you don't need to go to yours right?

There's not a thread for my career field with 5793 posts..... Seems to me that every question someone could have about Sensor Operator retraining should be answered by now......

SensOitup
08-31-2012, 08:44 PM
There's not a thread for my career field with 5793 posts..... Seems to me that every question someone could have about Sensor Operator retraining should be answered by now......

Yeah but the search engine on this sucks to use; especially when it's that many posts.

Raven2SO
09-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Well we should find out Tuesday whether we made it or not, for me it's the last board and I don't think my chances are great. Only thing I can hope for is That my line number for staff gets me picked because my TIS is only 3.7years at the moment :(.

curtst
09-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Well we should find out Tuesday whether we made it or not, for me it's the last board and I don't think my chances are great. Only thing I can hope for is That my line number for staff gets me picked because my TIS is only 3.7years at the moment :(.

If not, after you reenlist, you can apply for retraining as much as you like.

Raven2SO
09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Not reenlisting

Logic8807
09-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Not reenlisting

I had the exact frame of mind you have now. Good luck Raven!

Raven2SO
09-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Well thanks for all the information everyone, I didn't get picked up for the retrain so I'll be separating from the military in February
I feel like the retrain process is kind of backwards and I have been punished for making rank too fast versus some staff sergeant that has been in for 7-8 years. Aw well off to make a resume and see what federal jobs I can try to get.

WhiskeyBravo
09-06-2012, 06:02 PM
So Aircrew Fundamentals, BSOC and then FTU after PCSing to assigned base? Or is there a FTU TDY then assigned base?

radio2sensorops
09-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Dude same shit happend to me. Hated my job from block one of Tech school and had to endure 5 years in the job before getting my first opportunity to retrain under the CAREERS program. Then got screwed because I only applied for one job, and didn't rack and stack well enough. I didn't have a CAA at Travis AFB that was ever pressent or gave a damn back in 2009 to give me any advice. So then I was really close to getting out then said I'll try to BOP and if I don't get that then I'd get out. Well I got the BOP and didn't know that the BOP would prevent me from cross training under NCORP till I had 24 months on station. Makes sense, but once again if I had a CAA at Travis AFB in 2009-2010(throwing her under the bus) that would have givin me more insight to the NCORP program then I wouldn't have BOP'd. So over 8 years in a job I hate and I finally get my opportunity.

Raven2SO
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
They told me I can reenlist for 1 year and then retrain under NCORP, but really doubt 1 year is going to change anything I'll still be bottom of the barrel for SSGTs. I would most likely sew on staff around march/April.

gunsplatter
09-08-2012, 08:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it. I'm in a similar boat, having only listed 1U0X1 in my retraining request. I'm wishing I had perhaps picked a couple more. I just missed my first board with 3.7 years TAFMS, line number of 8772 and 1.6 years TIG as E-4. I'm guessing I didn't get picked because other applicants this time around had more TIS and TIG. It's a shame selection is based on such a sh*t selection based solely on a flawed EPR system, TIG, and TIS.

This brings me to a few questions:

1. If I'm understanding this trend correctly, if the next two boards review applicants with greater TIS and/or TIG then I will be passed over again, right?
2. What are my chances of being picked up with my aforementioned statistics?
3. If I fail all three boards, do I have the chance to retrain one more time, or am I proverbially effed?

Raven2SO
09-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Your TIG is alot longer than mine, I only had like 6 months TIG then got my line number, but seeing as you already have your line number, your ahead of all SRA that don't. I have come to the conclusion that most of the people getting picked up are already SSGT(6 yr enlisted). Your chances are higher than mine were for sure but I would still be weary. Good luck and have a backup plan just in case.

If you don't get picked up in 3 boards you have wasted the FTA retrain and must wait until you reenlist in order to retrain again.

MxLaboy
09-10-2012, 05:05 AM
So, I know the question about SrA has been asked and answered multiple times. I know the statistics, chances, and odds of SrA without a line number being selected so please spare me that song. I just wanted to know if ANYONE has heard of a SrA being selected for this job? Thanks!

Zmonfosho
09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
@MxLaboy, to spare you the song i will just say yes.

@Raven & Gunsplatter- Dont lose all hope, I personally know multiple SrA that have been selected even with out line numbers. I was a SrA with a Line number of 9710, 3.5 TAFMS, 7 months TIG. I was selected on my 3rd board. While it is true that after EPR's really the only thing they care about is rank and time, but that is all dependent on who is applying. I applied right when the jobs dropped in april. i assuming that there were a few months of backed up higher ranking people ahead of me that had been waiting since the qoatas were at 0 for 2 months. but once those people cleared out i was selected. so its possible that this month they just had alot of higher ranking people apply and next months its all you. my point in short is you never know who else is applying so dont get discouraged.

radio2sensorops
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
If you don't have 5's for your last 3 epr's then you won't be able to retrain. The best thing to do if you don't want to get out and know you have missed the last board, is to reenlist as soon as you are able to. As soon as you reenlist you can request retraining under NCORP.

1U0X1 is undermanned and all you will need is a ETP letter. November 1 you will be able to apply for 1U0X1 because you are security forces and your career field is definately not over manned. With the ETP letter you will be able to retrain from a undermanned to a critically manned career field. From the looks of it there will be about +20 slots available come November for NCORP (SSGT's). You loose out on the 6 multiplier but you still get the job.

How bad do you want the job?

If possible I would get the ETP letter signed BEFORE you reenlist.

Mjvit025
09-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I have had Staff on for nine months now all 5 EPRs still a FTA I have not been picked yet for the past two boards. I am a 6 year enlisted and about to reach my 67 month time out. good luck to all would like to know the status of the personnel that were selected the last two boards.

radio2sensorops
09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
The CAREERS program is a F'in joke. NCORP if you are overmanned is way easier.

gunsplatter
09-12-2012, 01:43 PM
@MxLaboy, to spare you the song i will just say yes.

@Raven & Gunsplatter- Dont lose all hope, I personally know multiple SrA that have been selected even with out line numbers. I was a SrA with a Line number of 9710, 3.5 TAFMS, 7 months TIG. I was selected on my 3rd board. While it is true that after EPR's really the only thing they care about is rank and time, but that is all dependent on who is applying. I applied right when the jobs dropped in april. i assuming that there were a few months of backed up higher ranking people ahead of me that had been waiting since the qoatas were at 0 for 2 months. but once those people cleared out i was selected. so its possible that this month they just had alot of higher ranking people apply and next months its all you. my point in short is you never know who else is applying so dont get discouraged.
I'll keep hope. Thanks for chiming in, Zmon. I think Raven failed all three boards though. :/

I have had Staff on for nine months now all 5 EPRs still a FTA I have not been picked yet for the past two boards. I am a 6 year enlisted and about to reach my 67 month time out. good luck to all would like to know the status of the personnel that were selected the last two boards.
This makes me lose hope. I'm sorry to hear you're getting shafted by such a faulty selection process. I would like to know the status of the lastest personnel as well. An FTA won't be anything more than a SSGT, so it comes down to TIG and projected grade (as it could be possible to have a line number for TSGT if they make it the first time).

If you don't have 5's for your last 3 epr's then you won't be able to retrain. The best thing to do if you don't want to get out and know you have missed the last board, is to reenlist as soon as you are able to. As soon as you reenlist you can request retraining under NCORP.
I've only had 3 EPR's, my fourth is due to close out at the end of November. I've had all 5's so far. Thanks for the inspiration. Still an FTA though, so NCORP won't do me any good at this time. But i'll log what you've said here on the backburner. Thanks, mate.

Mjvit025
09-12-2012, 03:50 PM
As long as your not past 67 months for 6 yr enlistment then you can reapply. your old physical and other information you submitted for the previous boards are good for 6 months to a year

Logic8807
09-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Just waiting on orders now...jeeeeez time is creeping now.

Mjvit025
09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Called AFPC to get the last two board results for FTA, they told me no.

gunsplatter
09-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Just waiting on orders now...jeeeeez time is creeping now.
Bah! Must be nice. (;

As long as your not past 67 months for 6 yr enlistment then you can reapply. your old physical and other information you submitted for the previous boards are good for 6 months to a year.
I'm only halfway through my enlistment; if this doesn't work for me I have a while to wait until that point.

That's a shame, you should have a right (or access) to at least know the circumstances of being passed over. I don't see an issue with releasing rank, TIG, and TIS factors.

Is it too late at this point to add more jobs to the retraining package?

Robert F. Dorr
09-12-2012, 07:13 PM

It's hard to keep up to date. Clearly, the meaning of FTA has changed since I learned it.

Mjvit025
09-12-2012, 07:46 PM
It's hard to keep up to date. Clearly, the meaning of FTA has changed since I learned it.

First Term Airman.

CMo909
09-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Are Sensor Operators being assigned to the RQ-4 Global Hawk?

Mag3231
09-13-2012, 02:22 AM
got my next base last week

hugomk
09-13-2012, 02:29 AM
got my next base last week

Got my base years ago.

CoreyS84
09-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Where you goin?!

Zmonfosho
09-13-2012, 02:34 PM
@CMo- No the 1U career field is only for the predator and the reaper. im probably mistaken but i think global hawk operators are still pulled from their maintaining corp i thinks it like 1N or something.

Mag3231
09-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Where you goin?!

Creech.......

Mag3231
09-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Where you goin?!

Creech.......

Logic8807
09-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Creech.......

This is where I hope to go as well.

gunsplatter
09-16-2012, 03:26 PM
This is where I hope to go as well.

Bah, I'm just hoping to get selected at this point. Apparently every FTA on their fourth or fifth year with e5 pinned on is applying.

Logic8807
09-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Don't give up! Someone is bound to have jacked up medical records or something.

gunsplatter
09-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Don't give up! Someone is bound to have jacked up medical records or something.
Fingers crossed. They say my deployment I'm leaving for on Monday won't hinder me in selection; we'll see. I still have a faint feeling deep down that it somehow will, or I'll get a class date when I return.

Logic8807
09-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Meh, I was deployed when I got selected as well.

SensOitup
09-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Anyone ever use THRMIS for manning? I've been looking at it for 1U, and I'm a little uneasy. I've got a class coming up very shortly and I don't like what I'm seeing for Ellsworth (last base I'd want). I know those numbers aren't always 100% accurate, but still. The other bases look pretty balanced. If you want to know how to look it up, send me a PM.

CoreyS84
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Anyone ever use THRMIS for manning? I've been looking at it for 1U, and I'm a little uneasy. I've got a class coming up very shortly and I don't like what I'm seeing for Ellsworth (last base I'd want). I know those numbers aren't always 100% accurate, but still. The other bases look pretty balanced. If you want to know how to look it up, send me a PM.

I use THRMIS all the time! I'm also afraid of getting Ellsworth (when I finally get accepted...again), I spent my first 4 years there. And another thing, fuck Ellsworth.

SensOitup
09-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I use THRMIS all the time! I'm also afraid of getting Ellsworth (when I finally get accepted...again), I spent my first 4 years there. And another thing, fuck Ellsworth.

Let's hope every class before us gets assigned there and fills the slots. Any one who has recently got thier assignments, have you noticed a trend for Ellsworth?

Kleck0810
09-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Let's hope every class before us gets assigned there and fills the slots. Any one who has recently got thier assignments, have you noticed a trend for Ellsworth?

I just finished BSOC and nobody in our class got Ellsworth. I don't think anybody in the class before us got Ellsworth either. There doesn't look to be any trends when it comes to who gets what assignment but it seems like most classes end up going to the same base.

Barberakb
09-28-2012, 05:21 PM

I would trade Cannon for Ellsworth any day

SensOitup
09-28-2012, 08:41 PM
I would trade Cannon for Ellsworth any day

I can believe that; Clovis is brutally boring and smelly.

SensOitup
09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I just finished BSOC and nobody in our class got Ellsworth. I don't think anybody in the class before us got Ellsworth either. There doesn't look to be any trends when it comes to who gets what assignment but it seems like most classes end up going to the same base.

Interesting. Looks like a crap shoot. How did you like the courses?

CoreyS84
09-28-2012, 09:19 PM
I honestly believe that unless you like hunting, the Midwestern way of life, and super-winters, Ellsworth is the worst base in the Air Force hands down.

SensOitup
09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I got enough of that at FE Warren. I admit I love the winters though.

SensOitup
09-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Anyone stay at Kelly Inn instead of Lackland when going to Fundies? I've heard you get paid a higher M&I rate due to no facilities close by. Any truth to that?

Logic8807
09-29-2012, 12:50 AM
So they aren't racking and stacking per person? They are just tossing entire classes at bases? That doesn't sound fun.

curtst
09-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Anyone stay at Kelly Inn instead of Lackland when going to Fundies? I've heard you get paid a higher M&I rate due to no facilities close by. Any truth to that?

There is truth in that. But you will also have to have a non-availbility letter given by the lodging at Lackland.

gunsplatter
09-29-2012, 04:36 AM
MyPers would be down for maintenance the day the board meets. I haven't received an e-mail yet stating if I have or have not been selected for my second board. MyPers comes back online today at 2100 CDT; until then, I am anxiously awaiting.

On a side note, I also hope I don't get Ellsworth. I was not impressed after researching that base.

Barberakb
09-29-2012, 05:32 AM
All the RPA bases suck. Just saying.

Jamethon
09-29-2012, 05:42 AM
There is truth in that. But you will also have to have a non-availbility letter given by the lodging at Lackland.

That second part isn't true. A non-a letter is only for off base. I know a guy who just went straight to Kelly and signed in there..

Logic8807
09-29-2012, 12:01 PM
All the RPA bases suck. Just saying.

Creech? Well, the base sucks but the area is cool! NLV!

curtst
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
To each their own. I would rather avoid Vegas.

hugomk
09-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Correct. I hate Vegas but the job is here which I really like and more opportunity for SO at Creech. So you just suck it up. If you can't, don't be a Sensor.

Logic8807
09-29-2012, 06:02 PM

Why is that?

curtst
09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Just not a place I want to take my family. I will go if needed, not like there is any real choice in the matter. That I don't like the drive. It isn't too bad during the day, but coming off mids, there were times I wondered how I made it back in on peice.

Logic8807
09-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Just not a place I want to take my family. I will go if needed, not like there is any real choice in the matter. That I don't like the drive. It isn't too bad during the day, but coming off mids, there were times I wondered how I made it back in on peice.

Oh, okay. Hopefully, we're away from most of the tourist-y area most of the time. We don't enjoy going out so I'm sure it'll be fine. As for the late night drive...It's time for me to start drinking coffee.

Mag3231
10-01-2012, 06:20 AM
when at fundies is a rental car approved? Every TDY i have gone on I have been approved a rental. My training people here have no idea if i will be getting one. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Kleck0810
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Interesting. Looks like a crap shoot. How did you like the courses?

Fundamentals was basically a "show up, stay awake and you'll pass" type of course but had some good info to know. BSOC was much more interesting and required you to put in some effort towards studying. The material was easy to absorb mainly because the instructors there are excellent. They are pretty jazzed about this job and know what they are teaching very well. It was a good change from my first tech training where the instructors acted pissed off all the time because they didn't like their job.

Jamethon
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
when at fundies is a rental car approved? Every TDY i have gone on I have been approved a rental. My training people here have no idea if i will be getting one. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Your unit has to approve a rental. Good luck getting them to do that.

Mjvit025
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
MyPers would be down for maintenance the day the board meets. I haven't received an e-mail yet stating if I have or have not been selected for my second board. MyPers comes back online today at 2100 CDT; until then, I am anxiously awaiting.

On a side note, I also hope I don't get Ellsworth. I was not impressed after researching that base.

What are you stats. Rank time in grade eprs?

SensOitup
10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Your unit has to approve a rental. Good luck getting them to do that.

Yeah, I was pretty perturbed about this. My unit gave a big NO for a rental. So hopefully for this class coming up, someone has a unit with some money that will hook em up with one.

SensOitup
10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
That second part isn't true. A non-a letter is only for off base. I know a guy who just went straight to Kelly and signed in there..

Yeah I knew a guy who did the same thing. I'm just trying to see what the difference in M&I is, bc DTS is still saying it's only $16.55 a day ( same as Lackland).

Logic8807
10-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Sorry about posting dates but my class is 9 Oct and I'll have my own vehicle for anyone who needs a ride...and someone damn well better because I'm driving a long ass way! PM me.

Barberakb
10-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Why is that?

That drive to and from work has to suck.

gunsplatter
10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
What are you stats. Rank time in grade eprs?

(S)Sgt with a line number of 8772; all EPRs have been firewall 5's; and my TIS is 3.8 and TIG is 1.8

Mjvit025
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
(S)Sgt with a line number of 8772; all EPRs have been firewall 5's; and my TIS is 3.8 and TIG is 1.8

Good luck this is my 3rd board ssgt tig 9 months
all 5 eprs almost 67 months tis

gunsplatter
10-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Good luck this is my 3rd board ssgt tig 9 months
all 5 eprs almost 67 months tis

Better luck to you, sir. Ugh, all I read is, "you won't make it." perhaps you'll get this board and by some miracle I'll get this one or my third..

Logic8807
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
When I applied, I was a SSGT with 6 months TIG and 56 months TIS so there is hope.

gunsplatter
10-02-2012, 02:53 PM
When I applied, I was a SSGT with 6 months TIG and 56 months TIS so there is hope.
Thanks for the optimism. If they follow last month's time line, we should hear something by COB today; no later than tomorrow. I also anticipate that the myPers maintenance over the last few days may hinder notifications as well though.

The anticipation is unbearable.

WhiskeyBravo
10-02-2012, 03:35 PM
My Retraining Application Status was approved on the 29th of August. My Formal Training section is processing my "TDY Order Information" and the RIPs for both classes today. When should I expect to get additional direction from AFPC (or AETC)?

The Formal Training person I spoke with told me "about 30 days before class start" but I know of a one person that shares the same class dates that has also aready been contacted by the RPA SO Program Manager (over 30 days ago).

Mjvit025
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
My Retraining Application Status was approved on the 29th of August. My Formal Training section is processing my "TDY Order Information" and the RIPs for both classes today. When should I expect to get additional direction from AFPC (or AETC)?

The Formal Training person I spoke with told me "about 30 days before class start" but I know of a one person that shares the same class dates that has also aready been contacted by the RPA SO Program Manager (over 30 days ago).

what are your stats are you FTA or career?

WhiskeyBravo
10-02-2012, 05:18 PM
what are your stats are you FTA or career?

SSgt @ 96 Months TIS and 43 Months TIG

Mjvit025
10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
well makes me feel a little better you are career.

gunsplatter
10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
well makes me feel a little better you are career.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Mjvit025
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Anything yet???

Logic8807
10-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm anxious for ya'll too.

Mjvit025
10-02-2012, 11:41 PM

I'm already tired of waiting no reply yet called AFPC their never any help.

gunsplatter
10-03-2012, 04:07 AM
I'm already tired of waiting no reply yet called AFPC their never any help.

Nothing yet. Did AFPC at least try to talk to retraining for you, or just give you the typical canned response?

Edit:

Hah, just saw this. Funnehz.

gunsplatter
10-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Ah, just checked my home station e-mail. Did not make the second board. ):

What are my options if I fail all three? Can I re-apply? Can I throw in some more AFSC's while I'm meeting with boards? I really want out of my current AFSC.

Mjvit025
10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
you can't change while your going through also if the AFSC is not critically manned then you have to wait until your window opens just wait and see. Also they gave me the typical answer.

gunsplatter
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
you can't change while your going through also if the AFSC is not critically manned then you have to wait until your window opens just wait and see. Also they gave me the typical answer.

It's definitely critically manned; that's the only reason I am able to cross train into it. I'm just frustrated with all the hoops FTA's have to jump through in order to meet with three boards just to be denied because every FTA at the end of a six year enlistment wants this job, of which most are E-5.

Best of luck to you, third times the charm right?

shaols_1
10-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know if/when AFPC will begin to allow critically manned AFSC's like Flight Engineers to apply for retraining into the 1U0 career?

LoadtoSensorOp
10-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Does anyone know if/when AFPC will begin to allow critically manned AFSC's like Flight Engineers to apply for retraining into the 1U0 career?

Even when AFPC allows critical to critical cross flow that's not the problem. The problem is getting your AFSC functional to allow you to get out of your career field. I'm a prior load, the functional for 1A2's said no one is allowed out until the numbers are above 92%. That of course hardly ever happens for loads. Your functional may be a little more lenient thought.

Logic8807
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

NOOOOW he joins the forums...

Logic8807
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Well, I arrived @ Randolph today!

curtst
10-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Welcome to Randolph.

Logic8807
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
It's an awesome installation.

shaols_1
10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Even when AFPC allows critical to critical cross flow that's not the problem. The problem is getting your AFSC functional to allow you to get out of your career field. I'm a prior load, the functional for 1A2's said no one is allowed out until the numbers are above 92%. That of course hardly ever happens for loads. Your functional may be a little more lenient thought.

I've talked to both the functional and the CEA manager. I don't see any approval from them anytime soon. we'll see how next year goes.

shaols_1
10-08-2012, 02:46 PM
NOOOOW he joins the forums...

haha you gonna call me out? I've been on here.

gunsplatter
10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
haha you gonna call me out? I've been on here.
He speaks the truth; Join Date: Jul 2012.

shaols_1
10-09-2012, 01:21 AM
He speaks the truth; Join Date: Jul 2012.

that's when he told me to join. since then i've been.. uh.. sitting back and reading all(some) the posts

Mjvit025
10-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I got stats 5 today

gunsplatter
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I got stats 5 today
This is bittersweet for me; but I'm very happy for you, man. You wanted it bad and I'm positive they'll be satisfied with their selection. Congratulations and good luck!

kRayZ1
10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Hello all. I was wondering did you guys apply for retraining before the NCORP or are you tagged to retrain because you fall under it? This question is for the CAREER guys. Thanks.

I been watching the advisory for the past 2 months and I am trying to get 1N1X1A or 1U0 and both are filling up quick and I still can't apply for another 3 weeks.

Mjvit025
10-10-2012, 05:14 PM
This is bittersweet for me; but I'm very happy for you, man. You wanted it bad and I'm positive they'll be satisfied with their selection. Congratulations and good luck!

well atleast you know my stats. So good luck

gunsplatter
10-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I hope they cleared out the E-5's ..probably not though. I've already accepted it won't happen so I'll just re-apply and get it for sure in Feb. 2014.

Mjvit025
10-11-2012, 01:58 PM
can any one that was selected last board (September) tell me what their expected class date is

ajrrodman
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey just seeing if anybody is going to fundies next week. hit me up if you are.

gunsplatter
10-13-2012, 10:03 AM
can any one that was selected last board (September) tell me what their expected class date is
From what I've read; last month some knew by September 6th what their class dates were.

Mjvit025
10-13-2012, 01:34 PM
From what I've read; last month some knew by September 6th what their class dates were.

I want to know the month their class date was in not really how long it took to get notified

ajrrodman
10-13-2012, 05:50 PM
i got picked in august and found out my class dates for fundies and bsoc a week after. Depending on when you go is depending on how fast they need people. For a friend of mine his class was a year out when he found out he got picked up. For me it was a matter of a couple months out.

curtst
10-14-2012, 05:08 AM
i got picked in august and found out my class dates for fundies and bsoc a week after. Depending on when you go is depending on how fast they need people. For a friend of mine his class was a year out when he found out he got picked up. For me it was a matter of a couple months out.

I started class a week after going status 6. Shouldn't be anymore of those now though.

Mjvit025
10-15-2012, 05:15 PM
i just need mine in January to get the SRB 6 bonus

Mag3231
10-18-2012, 08:05 PM
May 2013.........

Zmonfosho
10-18-2012, 09:56 PM
just got to lackland a couple hours ago, they didnt have any lodging so im posted in the best western and extremely bored, anyone starting class tomorrow here already? and if so, you wanna go grab some food?

njkennelly
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
just got to lackland a couple hours ago, they didnt have any lodging so im posted in the best western and extremely bored, anyone starting class tomorrow here already? and if so, you wanna go grab some food?

Yes, and we just did.

WhiskeyBravo
10-20-2012, 05:57 PM
What is the turnaround from one class (Aircrew Fundamentals) to start and then for the following class?

Stacker4
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm thinking about retraining into this AFSC. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before my wife and I make a final decision. How is training so far?

CoreyS84
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking about retraining into this AFSC. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before my wife and I make a final decision. How is training so far?

What was suggested to me (and most others) when I first looked into retraining was to start at page 1 of this thread and skim through all of it, it answers a lot of questions pertaining to the actual retraining process. You won't find much info on the actual job and/or training parts though... Ya know, OPSEC and all...

Stacker4
10-24-2012, 07:47 PM
What was suggested to me (and most others) when I first looked into retraining was to start at page 1 of this thread and skim through all of it, it answers a lot of questions pertaining to the actual retraining process. You won't find much info on the actual job and/or training parts though... Ya know, OPSEC and all...
It does seem like there is alot of good info on this forum. Does anybody out there have any inputs as far as working as a 1U has affected their family life? I'm currently an AMMO troop and typically work normal dayshift hours and have weekends off. Also, how is the local community around 1U bases (schools, shopping, restaurants, housing, etc)? Is the local area(s) family friendly?

Mjvit025
10-24-2012, 08:02 PM
What is the turnaround from one class (Aircrew Fundamentals) to start and then for the following class?

two weeks seem to be the norm. Finally got mine today

gunsplatter
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
two weeks seem to be the norm. Finally got mine today
Good shit dude, when ya goin?

WhiskeyBravo
10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Am I correct in assuming that once the BSOC course is completed and awarded the 3 Skill level, those testing for promotion will be SKT exempt? And it wouldn't matter if the 3 Skill level is awarded before or after December 31st, just as long as it is before the testing cycle right?

radio2sensorops
10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Am I correct in assuming that once the BSOC course is completed and awarded the 3 Skill level, those testing for promotion will be SKT exempt? And it wouldn't matter if the 3 Skill level is awarded before or after December 31st, just as long as it is before the testing cycle right? Want to know this too but I guess well know in a few weeks.

The real question is how far is the chow hall from the billeting on randolph and were is the dining facility at lackland. My hotel is right across the street from my BMT Squadron and I thinking were not allow in that one. :biggrin If we did were would we sit? Snake Pit? :laugh

WhiskeyBravo
10-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Want to know this too but I guess well know in a few weeks.

The real question is how far is the chow hall from the billeting on randolph and were is the dining facility at lackland. My hotel is right across the street from my BMT Squadron and I thinking were not allow in that one. :biggrin If we did were would we sit? Snake Pit? :laugh

Sitting at the Snake Pit would throw the MTIs for a loop.....for a bit... You might get biten too...

Texas956
10-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Sitting at the Snake Pit would throw the MTIs for a loop.....for a bit... You might bet biten too...

"Billeting is right next to class, which is right next to DFAC. You really don't need your POV at all while your here. The class itself is interesting and we have a good instructor. Very mellow atmosphere in class, which makes learning a lot easier. It helps to have a class full of priors too, so you don't have to worry about issues with non-priors."

I would look at the posts made by WALLY3430. Remember this is from like 2009 lol.. He put some good info in the forums. I cant wait to leave in a couple of weeks and enjoy some better weather, rather than here in Nebraska. Good luck to you all.

CMo909
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Is anyone on here starting Aircrew Fundies in November?

WhiskeyBravo
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Is anyone on here starting Aircrew Fundies in November?

I will be. Leaving for Lackland in about a week or so...

gunsplatter
10-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Two more days til my third board. I'm remaining hopeful but I already prepared myself for bad news. If it comes down to the worst, I'll hopefully join you all in 2014.

radio2sensorops
10-29-2012, 03:37 PM
"Billeting is right next to class, which is right next to DFAC. You really don't need your POV at all while your here. The class itself is interesting and we have a good instructor. Very mellow atmosphere in class, which makes learning a lot easier. It helps to have a class full of priors too, so you don't have to worry about issues with non-priors."

I would look at the posts made by WALLY3430. Remember this is from like 2009 lol.. He put some good info in the forums. I cant wait to leave in a couple of weeks and enjoy some better weather, rather than here in Nebraska. Good luck to you all.
What about Randolph? From the map billeting looks to be clear on the other side of the base from the chow hall and the school house.

CMo909
10-30-2012, 12:30 AM
I will be. Leaving for Lackland in about a week or so...

See ya there!

curtst
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
What about Randolph? From the map billeting looks to be clear on the other side of the base from the chow hall and the school house.

Where you will be staying there is a chow hall right there along with a post office and the bowling alley right across the street. The classroom is down the road on the East side, well within walking distance if you have to walk.

WhiskeyBravo
10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
FYI for those flyers out there. In the past it has been acceptable to use your 2808 from MEPS as a suitable Flying Class III to enter the 1U0X1 career field. This has now changed, and in addation a new 2808 must be completed if the last is more than 24 months old.

WhiskeyBravo
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
See ya there!

Our class should be 22 prior service......should be a comfortable one.

Mjvit025
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
any one want to change a class date???

radio2sensorops
10-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Standard billeting for enlisted members. Mapquested the walk and it looks like 1.6 miles to the chow hall. 1.1miles to school.

curtst
11-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Standard billeting for enlisted members. Mapquested the walk and it looks like 1.6 miles to the chow hall. 1.1miles to school.

Chow hall is right next to the rooms you will be in, and your rooms should be right across the street from the bowling alley.

Jamethon
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Chow hall is right next to the rooms you will be in, and your rooms should be right across the street from the bowling alley.

Not anymore, billeting changed because of bad conditions. Next to the billeting office now (at Randolph).

gunsplatter
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Well, my retraining status went from a "3" to no application on file. From the literature I've read, I have been passed over. Thanks a lot 'rack & stack.' Oh well, their loss; I'll be trying again in Feb 2014.

Good luck to everyone.

Take it ez,
gunsplatter

WhiskeyBravo
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Anyone make it down here for the next Aircrew Fundamentals class?

Texas956
11-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Anyone make it down here for the next Aircrew Fundamentals class?

Yesss sir.. its nice that the building isnt so far away.

WhiskeyBravo
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Yesss sir.. its nice that the building isnt so far away.

Are you staying at the main gateway inn billets?

CoreyS84
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Quick question,

As "AWAITING CLASS SEAT (AFPC)(5)" status, am I still going through some kind of approval? If so, through who? AFPC?

Or am I all the way approved and just literally waiting and praying that I get one of the alotted class seats?

EDIT: Ran a quick search through this forum and found my answer... Not gonna jump for joy just yet though, not until I reach Status 6.

Logic8807
11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
What's up? How is everyone?

kRayZ1
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Hello all. I was wondering to all the married people that is retraining into this AFSC. What happens to your family when you are in tech school? I am overseas at Ramstein, Germany and was wondering do they just stay at Ramstein while I'm in tech school for the few months or do they have to leave and go somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

curtst
11-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Hello all. I was wondering to all the married people that is retraining into this AFSC. What happens to your family when you are in tech school? I am overseas at Ramstein, Germany and was wondering do they just stay at Ramstein while I'm in tech school for the few months or do they have to leave and go somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

You all should PCS to your next base then you TDY from there. At least that is how it was done two years ago. Things might have changed.

CoreyS84
11-14-2012, 11:44 PM
What's up? How is everyone?

Well, if I actually get a class seat this time, then I'll be great! How are things on your end?

ScoobyGSX
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Geeze Curt, you still coming here? I haven't been to this thread in ages. Nice to see people still want to come into this job. They say we're at 100% manning, but our work schedules say differently.

Mjvit025
11-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, if I actually get a class seat this time, then I'll be great! How are things on your end?

you can check on virtual to see if you have recieved a class date waiting on AFPC to update it is like waiting for a miracle just doesn't happen to often.

kRayZ1
11-15-2012, 05:10 PM
wow. so i just noticed that the NCO quota was at 3 yesterday and today it is back to 15.

i was wondering to all those people that were stationed overseas before they retrained. did you get to go to techschool before your DEROS was up or did you receive a class date for after your DEROS?

kRayZ1
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
You all should PCS to your next base then you TDY from there. At least that is how it was done two years ago. Things might have changed.

So I would know what base I would be going to before I even get to tech school? Out of the bases for 3/5 level, is Creech the best one to try and get to?

shaols_1
11-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I just got approved Status (5) for retraining. I submitted my application yesterday and it only took a day. I applied under the NCORPS program and got a slot. hopefully I'll get a class date this time. I was approved back in February, then AFPC changed their policy and my approval was denied. Today was definitely good news. Good luck to the rest of those applying.

quality_sound
11-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Hey all,

I tried looking through all 594 pages but does anyone know how long it takes for the CFM to make a decision? My ETP was sent to the CFM on the 14th at 1700. I've seen a couple of posts about it being a quick process but that AFPC is sometimes slow about updating the status. I'm ready to go with all of my paperwork, I just need the CFM decision. Shouldn't be hard. Looking at AF-wide E-6 slots 2W0 is at 114% and 1U0 is at something like 60% or 70%. Just curious if anyone has any better info.

Thanks all.

CoreyS84
11-16-2012, 02:00 PM
you can check on virtual to see if you have recieved a class date waiting on AFPC to update it is like waiting for a miracle just doesn't happen to often.

Yeah I'm on myPers and Virtual all day checking for any changes. Think I'll wait til Monday to start pestering them with phone calls... hell, or maybe even later today.

curtst
11-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Geeze Curt, you still coming here? I haven't been to this thread in ages. Nice to see people still want to come into this job. They say we're at 100% manning, but our work schedules say differently.

Good job with OPSEC there dingle, lol. Of course your organization is always 100%, whether it really is or not. Guess I can't really call you out on the OPSEC thing, not like I am all that great at it either lol. Why wouldn't people want to come to this job? It is best. I mean, how many enlisted people actually get to participation directly to our mission and effect national policy and planning?

So I would know what base I would be going to before I even get to tech school? Out of the bases for 3/5 level, is Creech the best one to try and get to?

In theory yes. You should PCS to the base you are going to be at for 1U then TDY from there. Things change in this career field often and fast so it might be different. I will check with some folks and let you know.

As far as the best base to go to, it is really your preference. As I was telling a person today, a base is all you make of it. I enjoyed my time at Whiteman despite being there for 8.5 years. Even though I haven't started teaching yet, I am enjoying Randolph so far. You just have to keep an open mind and positive attitude no matter where you are at or that base is quickly going to suck.

CoreyS84
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
10th time's a charm (LITERALLY)! Finally got a class date, all is well with the cosmos.

curtst
11-22-2012, 07:37 PM
10th time's a charm (LITERALLY)! Finally got a class date, all is well with the cosmos.

Congrats, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, and try again!

CoreyS84
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Curious, for those of you that have already been through training, how did the base assignments work? I know it goes off of who funds the class seats, but I'm talking as in, was the whole class funded by 1 MAJCOM so everybody in the class got the same base?

Just wondering because a friend of mine will be attending the same class as me, and since he's coming from overseas he's already got his assignment to Creech.

curtst
11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
It is going to vary by class. It is nearly impossible to even take a guess. I can say that the majority will probably get ACC, no doubt about that. If you want Creech then you will probably get it.

CoreyS84
11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
It is going to vary by class. It is nearly impossible to even take a guess. I can say that the majority will probably get ACC, no doubt about that. If you want Creech then you will probably get it.

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured. I do want Creech and am praying to every higher power out there that I don't get sent to Ellsworth... again.

curtst
11-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Well, it is always a possibility. You aren't there currently are you? I retrained from Whiteman AFB. When I got accepted I heard Whiteman was one possible base they were looking at, then at BSOC I heard Whiteman got picked up, and was sent to that squadron there lol.

Personally I would like to go to Ellsworth over Creech. But that is just me, and we all will eventually make the pilgrimage to Mother Creech eventually. lol.

CoreyS84
11-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Well, it is always a possibility. You aren't there currently are you? I retrained from Whiteman AFB. When I got accepted I heard Whiteman was one possible base they were looking at, then at BSOC I heard Whiteman got picked up, and was sent to that squadron there lol.

Personally I would like to go to Ellsworth over Creech. But that is just me, and we all will eventually make the pilgrimage to Mother Creech eventually. lol.

Naw, curently at Tinker, but my first 4 years in the AF were spent at Ellsworth. Working on broke ass aircraft in -65º for 8-16 hours a day in little ol South Dakota was no good for this island boy. Creech seems to be the closest 1U0 base to an actual city, and it's NOT the Midwest, so it'll get my vote any day.

joe671
11-27-2012, 04:29 AM
Hi I'm new to the forum I've been lurking around for a while now so i finally joined in. Currently I'm on status 5 for my retraining for 1U0. Just need that class date

quality_sound
11-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Called the TFSC yesterday and found out that my ETP was approved by the Air Staff on the 20th but is still waiting for the CFM to give me his approval. I can't imagine he'd deny it since AS has already approved it. I just hope he approves it before the last three slots get filled. Fingers crossed!

quality_sound
11-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I got word yesterday that my ETP doesn't need CFM approval since Air Staff already approved it and that AFPC was going to move forward with my application. This morning I checked vMPF and I saw this message "Your Retraining Application Status is HQ AFPC PROCESSING(3) as of 27 NOV 2012".

Does (3) mean I'm status 3?

Thanks all.

quality_sound
11-28-2012, 11:10 AM
I know this is old but I figured it was better than asking the same things again. Asposted above, my ETP has already been to Air Staff for approval. I moved to 3 yesterday but since Air Staff has already approved my ETP shouldn't I be in 5? I've already uploaded all of my documents. Maybe they're reviewing them to see if I have everything?

Your package is now on it's way to Air Staff for review. Once they approve it, you'll go Status 5 (unless they have a class date immediately then you'll automatically got Status 6). That's what happened to me.

The out slot has nothing to do with your functional. The functional just checks your career field's manning to see if they can release you. Air Staff reviews everything and they decide whether or not to take you. If they want you, then you have to wait for a class seat unless one is already available.

Plus the online retraining advisory is not always right. It takes a few days to update.

CoreyS84
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Are you checking myPers as well as virtual? Sometimes they show different statuses... just a thought. FWIW I've never seen my status as 3, it always went straight to 5, so expect it to update relatively soon.

quality_sound
11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I am. myPers just says my Chief called and that the call was transferred to the TFSC - retraining. That's how I found out that my CFM didn't need to approve the ETP that they were going to process my application anyway and that there were still the three slots left. I just thought it odd that it didn't jump right to 5. I guess they do at least have to review my package but there's nothing in there that would disqualify me. I guess I just want it to move faster. :D

shaols_1
11-29-2012, 05:20 PM
hello all. I received a class date and will be in Randolph in June. Did anyone else receive a June class date? If so, I'll see you then. Good luck to the rest of those applying!

quality_sound
11-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Nope. Still Status (3). :(

Congrats on the class date. I'm hoping to hear something very shortly.

CoreyS84
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Interesting... Just got an email from Formal Training with a new training RIP saying they're changing the Fundies course ID. After calling them to confirm what I was reading throughout the retarded layout of the new RIP, they had no idea what was going on. Called the POC at Lackland and he confirmed the course ID is changing, along with the course length and my class start and end dates. And he said that I should also expect emails to come with new RIPs showing the change in class dates, and if not, to give him a call.

No biggie really, just more forms for me to sign and route to my commander... annoying. Anybody else get this notification?

CoreyS84
11-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah another tip for you guys keeping an eye on those final slots, last year I called the POC on the training website and asked about class seats, he told me at the time that all the classes were booked for that fiscal year, so whatever myPers was showing on the retraining advisory was wrong... Just a heads a up for you guys that are info hungry.

quality_sound
11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I talked to TFSC this afternoon and they said I have my slot but can't move me to 5 or 6 because they need to waive my SRB but can't get it to take in the system. They're actively working it though. That's a good sign.

joe671
12-01-2012, 03:37 AM
how long did you wait to get a class date from being in status 5? Did you have to get a TS clearance before you got a class date or did you apply after you got your class date?

CoreyS84
12-02-2012, 12:04 AM
how long did you wait to get a class date from being in status 5? Did you have to get a TS clearance before you got a class date or did you apply after you got your class date?

I think it was exactly a week between status 5 and 6 (class seat). I started my security paperwork as soon as I got status 5.

joe671
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I think it was exactly a week between status 5 and 6 (class seat). I started my security paperwork as soon as I got status 5.

I was told by the guy at AFPC that you only start your TS after you get your class date. Is this right?

curtst
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
I was told by the guy at AFPC that you only start your TS after you get your class date. Is this right?

Varies by your security manager, but typically you wait until confirmation of retraining which would be status 6. I have known people to start it as soon as they submitted the paper work.

mrbiggums
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Interesting... Just got an email from Formal Training with a new training RIP saying they're changing the Fundies course ID. After calling them to confirm what I was reading throughout the retarded layout of the new RIP, they had no idea what was going on. Called the POC at Lackland and he confirmed the course ID is changing, along with the course length and my class start and end dates. And he said that I should also expect emails to come with new RIPs showing the change in class dates, and if not, to give him a call.

No biggie really, just more forms for me to sign and route to my commander... annoying. Anybody else get this notification?

I am in the same boat, course change and dates shortened by a week for the 1st class. I called BS but MyPers said it was correct. I'm just along for the ride at this point. Hope we get something definitive soon.

quality_sound
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I just wish I was on that same ride. I'm STILL waiting in Status 3 for AFPC to figure out their computer issue with my SRB from my current field. They told me they're working on it every day; it's just frustrating.

mrbiggums
12-03-2012, 11:55 PM
I just wish I was on that same ride. I'm STILL waiting in Status 3 for AFPC to figure out their computer issue with my SRB from my current field. They told me they're working on it every day; it's just frustrating.

Best advice I can give you is keep calling, persistance pays off while retraining. It was a nightmare just to get everything finished to submit my application.

quality_sound
12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I hear ya. I'm definitely pestering. My Chief is as well. He keeps talking to a SSgt Smith up there who keeps promising to get in touch with me. As of yet, not a peep from him. Time for my daily call to AFPC!

edit: Called AFPC. Was told my SRB update was elevated since the regular reenlistment people couldn't get it to take. They were going to check with them again today and said it should be taken care of today or tomorrow and then they just need to load a class date for me. So that sounds like I'm in as soon as this gets handled. That said, I'm still going ot call every day until it is. :D

quality_sound
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Well the last two E-6 slots dropped off the advisory today so I'm hopeful that when I was told that I'd get a class date after they get my SRB issue sorted out that one of those slots was mine.

joe671
12-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Good news came out today I'm status (6) I got my class dates!!!

quality_sound
12-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Congrats! I'm still hoping the other was me but no notification yet.

quality_sound
12-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Well the other one WASN'T me. Details:
Finally got a hold of the SSgt that was working my case at AFPC. He says "Let me try to get your SRB code flipped while I have you on the line." and puts me on hold. Comes back 10-ish minutes later and says "I got your code entered but now there are no TSgt quotas. I'm going to talk to my supervisors and see if we can get a quote from the SSgt side slid over since it's basically our fault because we sat on this. It wasn't anything on your part. We weren't waiting for anything from you or anything. You've been following up every day. It shouldn't be a big deal. It'll take a until maybe COB tomorrow or Friday so if you don't hear anything call us back on Monday."

Yeah, I'm still going to call every day and so is my Chief.

joe671
12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
@quality_sound hope you get a slot opened up for you.

quality_sound
12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks joe. I spoke with them again this morning and they said it wasn't uncommon for them to create additional allocations for cases like this where the member has done everything but the Retraining office forgets to process someone or sits on an application or whatever. She made it sound very routine so I'm hopeful. If it does get approved I will have alcass date loaded today.

c130mfe
12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
So I got good news today from AFPC… I am tentatively selected to cross train to 1U0X1. I am just waiting on a class date. I am pretty freaking stoked. Here are my stats as I know people want to know: FTA, all 5’s, SSgt 17 months TIG. I hope I get a class date soon and I look forward to working with some of you who were lucky enough to make it.

joe671
12-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks joe. I spoke with them again this morning and they said it wasn't uncommon for them to create additional allocations for cases like this where the member has done everything but the Retraining office forgets to process someone or sits on an application or whatever. She made it sound very routine so I'm hopeful. If it does get approved I will have alcass date loaded today.

Keep us updated

joe671
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM
So I got good news today from AFPC… I am tentatively selected to cross train to 1U0X1. I am just waiting on a class date. I am pretty freaking stoked. Here are my stats as I know people want to know: FTA, all 5’s, SSgt 17 months TIG. I hope I get a class date soon and I look forward to working with some of you who were lucky enough to make it.

Congrats! it will take anywhere from a week or two till you get a class date. Its best to check VMPF for updates on your class dates because mypers was not accurate when it came to my class dates.

quality_sound
12-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Status 5! Woot! Waiting on my class date but when I spoke with AFPC yesterday they were talking about one VERY soon. I literally just got the Status 5 email so I'm hoping to hear something soon from the class loader. STOKED!

edit:
I lied, class was already loaded in vMPF so I'm Status 6 I don't have to cancel my cruise!

I can post my stats if it matters. I'm second term so I don't think that matters much, if at all.

joe671
12-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Status 5! Woot! Waiting on my class date but when I spoke with AFPC yesterday they were talking about one VERY soon. I literally just got the Status 5 email so I'm hoping to hear something soon from the class loader. STOKED!

edit:
I lied, class was already loaded in vMPF so I'm Status 6 I don't have to cancel my cruise!

I can post my stats if it matters. I'm second term so I don't think that matters much, if at all.

Congrats on getting a class seat! were probably going to be in the same class

quality_sound
12-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks!! I believe we will be. The earlier date they were telling me about woudl have been awesome but I can wait. I just notioced you're also in Abilene.

c130mfe
12-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Went status 5 on the 12th and status 6 today with a class date. I won't say the exact date because some freak out but it's in the summer. Can't wait to leave MX. Maybe I will be treated like a big boy.

quality_sound
12-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Yep, you'll be in the same class as me and joe671.

Robert F. Dorr
12-14-2012, 06:12 PM
This is an extremely informative and very interesting thread.

CoreyS84
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
You guys see this article?

The Woes of an American Drone Operator
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/pain-continues-after-war-for-american-drone-pilot-a-872726.html

curtst
12-19-2012, 02:04 AM
You guys see this article?

The Woes of an American Drone Operator
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/pain-continues-after-war-for-american-drone-pilot-a-872726.html

It is a conflict, it happens. Never easy when it does. But you either deal with it, or you find a new job. I hope he gets the help he needs.

mrbiggums
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Yep, you'll be in the same class as me and joe671.

I believe we all will be in the same class if we are talking May/June timeframe. Should be a good time! Definitely better than doing maintenance!

CoreyS84
12-19-2012, 05:47 PM
It is a conflict, it happens. Never easy when it does. But you either deal with it, or you find a new job. I hope he gets the help he needs.

I guess you never know how you'll handle it until it actually happens.

I believe we all will be in the same class if we are talking May/June timeframe. Should be a good time! Definitely better than doing maintenance!

Haha very true. Or better yet, it's better than sitting in an office doing some BS TO job when you'd rather be doing actual hands on maintenance before your brain wastes away.

Also, I went to high school in San Antonio and a friend of mine, who should be in the same class as us, grew up there. So rest assured we'll find some extra curricular activities to partake in... study time permitting, of course.

Logic8807
12-25-2012, 05:37 PM

After being here for a little, I can say it's not bad. You don't notice the tourist part and NLV is just like any other moderately sized city. Hell, the traffic isn't that bad and you can find food all hours of the night.

mrbiggums
12-26-2012, 05:27 PM

Haha very true. Or better yet, it's better than sitting in an office doing some BS TO job when you'd rather be doing actual hands on maintenance before your brain wastes away.

Also, I went to high school in San Antonio and a friend of mine, who should be in the same class as us, grew up there. So rest assured we'll find some extra curricular activities to partake in... study time permitting, of course.

Sounds good, I look forward to a little night life. I have a friend stationed down there too. I also may just get a rental for a bit. I hate being couped up in a hotel. Studying and passing is important too tho lol

Sid
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Hey guys, not sure if ya'll remember me from way earlier this year. Pretty much, I tried to retrain into 1U011 at my last base but couldn't since I had orders to a short tour..where I had to try again and finally got to put a package in. Long story short, I've been in status 3 since the 6th. I know the retraining board meets on the last duty day of every month. Can anyone tell me how long after the last duty day (which should be today) do you find out if you made the cut? I REALLY hope I get in...there are 5 FTA slots left and 8 SSgt ones.

Logic8807
01-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Hey guys, not sure if ya'll remember me from way earlier this year. Pretty much, I tried to retrain into 1U011 at my last base but couldn't since I had orders to a short tour..where I had to try again and finally got to put a package in. Long story short, I've been in status 3 since the 6th. I know the retraining board meets on the last duty day of every month. Can anyone tell me how long after the last duty day (which should be today) do you find out if you made the cut? I REALLY hope I get in...there are 5 FTA slots left and 8 SSgt ones.

About 5 to 7 days. Mine was 5 days. Since you are over the holidays, I'd say give it about 10 days or so.

quality_sound
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM

I think you're in the class ahead of us.

True, but at the same time, anyone coming in should know that this is a possibility. Despite the fun that gets poked at the career field, it's NOT a video game.

I'm just glad to be getting out of AMMO now. All of a sudden AMMO calls and even the IYAAYAS acronym are offensive. Really? We kill people for a living and the word s**t is offensive? Too sad.

Sid
01-02-2013, 07:06 PM
About 5 to 7 days. Mine was 5 days. Since you are over the holidays, I'd say give it about 10 days or so.

So apparently they will be convening the board sometime this week..

CFDL
01-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Finally moving forward again with retraining, submitted my application again today... was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to hear something...currently "AFCC REVIEW"...

curtst
01-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Just thought I would drop some good news for the folks who have been approved so far. As of 2 days ago, blues Mondays are officially gone for us at BSOC. I'm not sure about for aircrew fundies, I will try and find out unless someone beats me to the punch. Full service dress will still be worn for graduations, so still please bring your blues.

Sid
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Finally moving forward again with retraining, submitted my application again today... was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to hear something...currently "AFCC REVIEW"...

Mine actually got kicked back for an ETP about a week or so after I submitted it for CC review. Once I submitted the ETP memo though, it took only a couple days for it to be input into MilPDS and status 3.

mrbiggums
01-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Just thought I would drop some good news for the folks who have been approved so far. As of 2 days ago, blues Mondays are officially gone for us at BSOC. I'm not sure about for aircrew fundies, I will try and find out unless someone beats me to the punch. Full service dress will still be worn for graduations, so still please bring your blues.

This IS good news! Looking forward to it!

CFDL
01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Mine actually got kicked back for an ETP about a week or so after I submitted it for CC review. Once I submitted the ETP memo though, it took only a couple days for it to be input into MilPDS and status 3.

Thanks for the info... hopefully i hear something soon.

Sid
01-09-2013, 11:30 AM
You have been tentatively approved for retraining into AFSC 1U011.

This will reflect on vMPF within 5 business days and you will receive a class date in 4-6 weeks.

Thank you,
myPers - Total Force Service Center
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOOM! I'm going to have an awesome day today! Any one else here get picked up at all...is anyone else even waiting for approval currently?

CFDL
01-09-2013, 07:57 PM
i just got an email saying i need another exception to policy letter for an SRB... anyone happen to have a template for an ETP for an SRB... i have no idea how to word this one...

quality_sound
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I didn't need an ETP for my SRB but AFPC also told me I was ineligible until I'd served half the SRB term. Once I hit that mark they just need to "flip it" on their end. I don't know what that means but I didn't need a letter.