PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

curtst
03-24-2011, 12:10 PM
The Gateway Inn at Lackland never gave me or any of my classmates a non-availability letter. I know at least a few people just went directly there and had no problems. I've told my co-workers coming in April to just go to Kelly, skip the Gateway Inn altogether.

You wil most likely just go back to your home station after BSOC until you have a FTU date.

Have you gotten paid for it already? Did you really get the full per diem? If so, I would say your results are not typical.

IH8EngMTX
03-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Have you gotten paid for it already? Did you really get the full per diem? If so, I would say your results are not typical.

I submitted my accruel voucher last week and have still not gotten paid. There is a balance of $730 still on my GTC so I know it hasn't gone through yet. I made the mistake of not doing split disbursement when I submitted it as well. I'll likely end up with a credit on my card because of that. I'm not worried, I'll get paid either way.

I did go to the Gateway Inn when I arrived in SA. They are the ones that sent me over to Kelly since they were full.

curtst
03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
I submitted my accruel voucher last week and have still not gotten paid. There is a balance of $730 still on my GTC so I know it hasn't gone through yet. I made the mistake of not doing split disbursement when I submitted it as well. I'll likely end up with a credit on my card because of that. I'm not worried, I'll get paid either way.

I did go to the Gateway Inn when I arrived in SA. They are the ones that sent me over to Kelly since they were full.

They should have given you a non-a letter because you have to submit that letter to get the higher per diem. Hope it works out.

afcopholtz
03-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Going back and looking at your time line Iphill01. Looks like it took you 125 days to go status 5. I'll be at my 120 day mark next week on the 29th:eyebrows. Crossing my fingers....

Congrats lphill01!!

Turbo!!!

Fingers crossed for you bro! We are about to hit 90 days at Air Staff....with DEROS fast approaching!!!!!! Grinding my teeth....I can't even focus on jiu jitsu my nerves are so shot!

Jai
03-24-2011, 02:47 PM
does anyone have the number to the school house? If the RFC is going to be deleted for my class I will need my orders amended before I head out. If not the number, can you tell me the designation so I can find it on the global?

LHEATHAIS
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I am currently on leave and noticed my retraining application status changed to "awaiting determ" on the Air Force Personnel Service page. Since I can never get in contact with anyone intelligent at AFPC, can anyone here provide input to what the status means? I don't have the ability to access vMPF from home and currently not in country. Thanks for any and all inputs.

Doood
03-24-2011, 05:50 PM
I am currently on leave and noticed my retraining application status changed to "awaiting determ" on the Air Force Personnel Service page. Since I can never get in contact with anyone intelligent at AFPC, can anyone here provide input to what the status means? I don't have the ability to access vMPF from home and currently not in country. Thanks for any and all inputs.

I noticed the same thing last week. I called AFPC and they said it's because they
Just changed the way my status is labeled, but nothing has changed With my status. I've been status 3 with an ETP for a balanced AFSC since 2 February. I'm applying for 1A2.

LHEATHAIS
03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
I am going for 1A1. I had my ETP removed as it is not required as I am in a feeder AFSC. I was going for SO as second choice, but no more slots available. Tried to get the ETP removed last week, and Monday my status changed. I guess it was the result of my application being resubmitted. vMPF was still showing "status 3 as of 11 Feb" after the update on Monday. According to AFPC there was a 150 day wait on my ETP, but my DEROS is less then 120. I have seen FE's get picked up in 10-14 days. I hope this was a good move and I didn't go back to ground zero on the waiting list.

Doood
03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
My retraining package was reactivated this morning!! How many SSgt slots were added? I'm having trouble pulling up the retraining advisory.

Did you find out why AFPC reactivated your application? I noticed the retraining advisory still shows zero SSGT slots.

turbosmitty
03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Did you find out why AFPC reactivated your application? I noticed the retraining advisory still shows zero SSGT slots.

The email said Air Staff added more 1U slots. I'm wondering how many slots and when do they plan to post them on the retraining advisory?

Barberakb
03-28-2011, 04:31 AM
I start school next Friday!!!

rlewis55
03-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I start school next Friday!!!

good luck buddy keep us posted im right behind ya...

afcopholtz
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
The email said Air Staff added more 1U slots. I'm wondering how many slots and when do they plan to post them on the retraining advisory?

Any word yet? Nothing on this end...more status 3......

lphill01
03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
How long does it take to become a mission ready line SO once you're at your first station?

rips
03-28-2011, 06:00 PM
im on retraining advisory right now and theres not even a 1U section on the list? does anyone know what is really going on? i called AFPC and they said FY 12 slots will be due out this week and the first board will be held 1 APR. anyone hear anything else?

hugomk
03-28-2011, 06:44 PM
How long does it take to become a mission ready line SO once you're at your first station?

Depends on the squadron you are going to. When you get to your first duty station as an SO you will have to go thru a differential training that will require you to go thru a number of rides before you become Mission Ready. It can be from a couple of weeks to a month or so depending on weather, manning and avialable sorties.

Crewdiddy
03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
im on retraining advisory right now and theres not even a 1U section on the list? does anyone know what is really going on? i called AFPC and they said FY 12 slots will be due out this week and the first board will be held 1 APR. anyone hear anything else?

Retraining Advisory just updated with FY12 FTA slots.

afcopholtz
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
What about the FY11 folks who just got reactivated due to more slots dropping??? Grrrrrr!!!!!! I am praying we just know something soon!

lphill01
03-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Depends on the squadron you are going to. When you get to your first duty station as an SO you will have to go thru a differential training that will require you to go thru a number of rides before you become Mission Ready. It can be from a couple of weeks to a month or so depending on weather, manning and avialable sorties.

OK, thanks, so then are they giving AOs for permanant wings out at 36 months paid flying time, or after mission ready capability?
I've heard both on the 1A side, but I'm just curious.

rips
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Retraining Advisory just updated with FY12 FTA slots.

i cant seem to access this ...were are u seeing?

lphill01
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
You have to go into AFPC Secure to access it now. The old link doesn't work. It looks like they've only loaded the 2012 FTA slots for everyone so far.

rips
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
nevermind i found it 82 slots for FTA

shotdown
03-28-2011, 08:50 PM
You have to go into AFPC Secure to access it now. The old link doesn't work. It looks like they've only loaded the 2012 FTA slots for everyone so far.

Link please?

rips
03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/retraining/advisory/p/8%2C10/c/787

shotdown
03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Thank You.

turbosmitty
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM
82 more FTA slots were added to the retraining advisory today. Still showing zero for SSgt and TSgt.

blueroomer
03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
They will load the NCORP slots probably late April. I think thats what happened last year.

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 12:12 AM
They will load the NCORP slots probably late April. I think thats what happened last year.

April would be nice; but I'm being told July/August by AFPC

afcopholtz
03-29-2011, 05:59 AM
April would be nice; but I'm being told July/August by AFPC

Turbosmitty, did you get final word on yours after it got reactivated?

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Turbosmitty, did you get final word on yours after it got reactivated?

The civilian I spoke with at AFPC didn't sound very confident in answering my questions. When I mentioned that there were FTA slots added to the retraining advisory; she was not aware they had added more slots. Not speaking bad about her by any means. She tried answering my questions the best she could. Lets just say I'll be calling again today during normal duty hours.

My status 3 started on 29 Nov. 2010. My 120 day mark is today. As far as "my stuff" my status is still showing awaiting determination. I just want to make sure my 90-120 wait time didn't reset.

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Congrats lphill01!!

Turbo!!!

Fingers crossed for you bro! We are about to hit 90 days at Air Staff....with DEROS fast approaching!!!!!! Grinding my teeth....I can't even focus on jiu jitsu my nerves are so shot!

I hope something happens soon. I'll keep you posted if i find out anything new.

afcopholtz
03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
The civilian I spoke with at AFPC didn't sound very confident in answering my questions. When I mentioned that there were FTA slots added to the retraining advisory; she was not aware they had added more slots. Not speaking bad about her by any means. She tried answering my questions the best she could. Lets just say I'll be calling again today during normal duty hours.

My status 3 started on 29 Nov. 2010. My 120 day mark is today. As far as "my stuff" my status is still showing awaiting determination. I just want to make sure my 90-120 wait time didn't reset.

I guess hubby will be calling tonight as we have to stay in FY11 due to us being overseas..I have no idea! Grrr!!! Thanks for the update!!

shotdown
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM

Check your Inbox. Hope that info helps you out.

shotdown
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

lphill01
03-29-2011, 05:50 PM
As of March 2011, 1U0X1 is back on the Chronic Critical list!

rlewis55
03-29-2011, 06:20 PM
just a lil FYI of everyone starting class there is more info to come....

We are trying to update the UAS BSOC course (13 May 2011 start) that will correct some training overlaps. This updated course will extend BSOC to 28 academic days and cancel the UP4A E course. Since the CTP is still in coordination (I have until 13 April) you haven't seen a course change yet.

Crewdiddy
03-29-2011, 06:20 PM

I was wondering about the same thing. My status 3 is 15 Dec 10, after it was started over again after about 9 months. I originally started in Nov 09 and it would really suck to be at Mar 11 now.

lphill01
03-29-2011, 06:24 PM
So... does that mean they'll send new rips when they get this figured out, or will we have to go on outdated rips?

afcopholtz
03-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

I want info! :(

rlewis55
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
So... does that mean they'll send new rips when they get this figured out, or will we have to go on outdated rips?

I got some e-mails out right now waiting on answers ill keep you guys posted...

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 07:28 PM

AWESOME!!!!!! This just made my day!!

afcopholtz
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Smitty - you are my hero! Thanks!

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Your welcome...I'm just passing down some info Shotman sent me. Hope we all find out some good news soon!

shotdown
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM

That is awesome. Hopefully I'll qualify for the bonus in 2 years.

just a lil FYI of everyone starting class there is more info to come....

We are trying to update the UAS BSOC course (13 May 2011 start) that will correct some training overlaps. This updated course will extend BSOC to 28 academic days and cancel the UP4A E course. Since the CTP is still in coordination (I have until 13 April) you haven't seen a course change yet.
Thanks for the update. I guess we're the first class.

Your welcome...I'm just passing down some info Shotman sent me. Hope we all find out some good news soon!

Glad I can be of some help.

shotdown
03-29-2011, 08:19 PM

Let us know what they tell you. Hopefully you guys will get good news.

IH8EngMTX
03-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I guess that news means that I am in the second to last RFC class. The next BSOC class starts Friday I believe. I'll be finished here shortly.

Good luck to you guys on those 82 slots.

turbosmitty
03-29-2011, 11:35 PM
I was wondering about the same thing. My status 3 is 15 Dec 10, after it was started over again after about 9 months. I originally started in Nov 09 and it would really suck to be at Mar 11 now.

You were a status (3) Nov. 09???

rlewis55
03-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the update. I guess we're the first class.

Thats what its looking like but nothing is offical yet....we should be fine as long as we keep an eye on the ETCA site for the course changes.

Crewdiddy
03-30-2011, 03:10 PM
You were a status (3) Nov. 09???

Not status 3. That is when I started the package, waited for Med Group for about 8 months, then AFPC closed my application for inactivity. Then AFPC said I couldn't apply during the NCORP because I had an ETP. So I have mostly been waiting to be allowed to submit.

lphill01
03-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Do you HAVE to be at your first duty station to recieve the SRB, or do they only care about the CAFSC? I'm extending my enlistment for the 36 month requirement. I graduate BSOC ~27 June (obviously that'll change after RFC is cancelled) and my current enlistment is up in October, but I don't think I'll be through FTU and PCS'd before October.

afcopholtz
03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
According to the AFI you have to be a 5-level and reup to get the SRB if you are a career airman. I am not at work right now or I could get you the specific AFI, I have it saved on my hard drive.

Meant to specify! If you are retraining as an NCO! Apologies!

Doood
03-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I just noticed they added 10 ssgt and 13 tsgt slots to the advisory for fy11

turbosmitty
03-31-2011, 06:28 AM

NICE!!!!
:thumb:thumb

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 08:42 AM

Ran up the stairs to tell hubby!!! Praying he is one of the 13!!!!!! As of last night he was still at "3"....

LHEATHAIS
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
TSgt just dropped to 12 for FY11

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Crap. I haven't gotten a e-mail saying we got orders. This whole thing is driving me and my husband insane!

:(

shotdown
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Crap. I haven't gotten a e-mail saying we got orders. This whole thing is driving me and my husband insane!

:(

Did you call that number and get an update?

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 03:30 PM
@ Shotdown

He wants to wait til next week, we technically hit 90 days Saturday. Think we should go ahead and call since we do have a DEROS?

shotdown
03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
@ Shotdown

He wants to wait til next week, we technically hit 90 days Saturday. Think we should go ahead and call since we do have a DEROS?

I would. I bothered the hell out of them. LOL!

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
I would. I bothered the hell out of them. LOL!

So Pete called, got some Airman who said his package was still in "3"... and that the one's that got reactivated are getting a real hard look over....so fingers crossed some more! Can I break my own fingers if I cross them too hard?? I swear! Thanks bro!

Crewdiddy
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
So Pete called, got some Airman who said his package was still in "3"... and that the one's that got reactivated are getting a real hard look over....so fingers crossed some more! Can I break my own fingers if I cross them too hard?? I swear! Thanks bro!

"A real hard look over" that sounds promising. I got reactivated and would be at 120 day on Apr 15.

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
"A real hard look over" that sounds promising. I got reactivated and would be at 120 day on Apr 15.

I guess they did a quick once over on a lot of them and the one's that had no chance they kept deactivated and the ones that do have a chance they reactivated. All I know is June is coming really fast (our DEROS)and I would like to not go to MINOT!

shotdown
03-31-2011, 05:09 PM

Awesome. My situation was that they never looked at my package for approval. The Airman looked it over while I was on the phone and approved it. Then it got sent to Air Staff. Hence why I probably went Status 6 really fast.

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Awesome. My situation was that they never looked at my package for approval. The Airman looked it over while I was on the phone and approved it. Then it got sent to Air Staff. Hence why I probably went Status 6 really fast.

I don't know, he has been told it is at Air Staff and has been since Jan!

Scoop_Jr
03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
So how many of your dates got changed to 22 March 2011, is that the start of my 90-120 days again? Argh, if it is! Anyone else a TSgt?

turbosmitty
03-31-2011, 06:57 PM
So how many of your dates got changed to 22 March 2011, is that the start of my 90-120 days again? Argh, if it is! Anyone else a TSgt?

AFPC told me that your dates will not reset.

afcopholtz
03-31-2011, 07:17 PM

Yep, my husband is. It did not restart you! Your package will be picked right back up where you were, soif you are on say day 87 on the date you were reactivated you would still be on day 87 and so on. We hit 90 on 13 Apr.

LHEATHAIS
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM

I am TSgt still showing status 3 since 11 Feb. I also have FE as my first choice so my application was never closed.

jasonstiller
04-01-2011, 02:30 PM
hmmm, i just put in the retraining request. Ill see what happens :O

rips
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
any one get lucky this month???

afcopholtz
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Not yet for us, but we are overseas so Pete has to check late in the day or tomorrow morning! I am soooooooo sick of the waiting! We are due to PCS in 2 1/2 months!

LHEATHAIS
04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
The retraining advisory numbers has hardly changed in the last 2 weeks. It would be nice to finally see AFPC process some applications and make some people happy. It is that time that a lot of FTA's should get good news soon. Who knows about those of us in NCORP.

afcopholtz
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
The retraining advisory numbers has hardly changed in the last 2 weeks. It would be nice to finally see AFPC process some applications and make some people happy. It is that time that a lot of FTA's should get good news soon. Who knows about those of us in NCORP.

Hubby just keeps telling me to have faith. But we are looking down a barrell of bad shizz (Minot) sorry I am a little stressed!

turbosmitty
04-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Day # 126 for this guy. Still no love from AFPC.

LHEATHAIS
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM
It looks like 3 SSgt's and 1 TSgt were selected for SO today. Anyone get notified?

afcopholtz
04-05-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't know from here, Pete isn't home yet! But, alas, I doubt it...my faith is running on low these days!

afcopholtz
04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
No joy for us today...maybe he needs to call again! GGGGRRRRRRRR..

turbosmitty
04-05-2011, 07:28 PM
It looks like 3 SSgt's and 1 TSgt were selected for SO today. Anyone get notified?

No luck here either. I really hate having an ETP. If I had a regular package I would probably already be in class by now.

LHEATHAIS
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
No luck here either. I really hate having an ETP. If I had a regular package I would probably already be in class by now.

I feel you bro. When the SO slots were at 0, I tried to get the balanced career field ETP removed from my application as I am also going for FE (first choice). AFPC said since it was at Air Staff, I couldn't do it. With my DEROS is in August, I wouldn't be starting school till then. Just be nice if the process was quicker. Being 12 years in and 4 months from my DEROS, I am anxious for the career change.

shotdown
04-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Quick question for the SOs, I got two flight suits issued to me. However, I need to get the Velcro sewed on them. Do I just take them to alterations and tell them to sew on all the Velcro or are there specific areas needed? I don't want to mess up a $160 flight suit.

hugomk
04-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Quick question for the SOs, I got two flight suits issued to me. However, I need to get the Velcro sewed on them. Do I just take them to alterations and tell them to sew on all the Velcro or are there specific areas needed? I don't want to mess up a $160 flight suit.

If you're at Nellis, the alteration shop at the BX will know where to put the Velcro.

curtst
04-05-2011, 10:07 PM

Where were you issued flight suits from? You should get them when you get to BSOC. The MXS that I left didn't have to pay for any of my uniform stuff.

To answer your question though, the alterations shop should know where to put everything.

shotdown
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Let's say that I've made lots of friends at the Wing :-). I wish I had an extra pair of boots though.

lphill01
04-06-2011, 03:03 AM
3-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch squares on each shoulder and a shield silouette on the right chest lined up to the nametag.

I heard that BSOC will stop issuing them, but my CC authorized me to purchase them. Unfortuately, the group RA is pushing back.

Crewdiddy
04-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Anyone have any idea how many Staffs and Techs were reactivated?

afcopholtz
04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Let's say that I've made lots of friends at the Wing :-). I wish I had an extra pair of boots though.

Any of them know anyone at Air Staff?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!

afcopholtz
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Anyone have any idea how many Staffs and Techs were reactivated?

I know a few from this board (including my hubby)but I honestly have no idea.

LHEATHAIS
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
2 more TSgt's off the board.

afcopholtz
04-06-2011, 12:55 PM
2 more TSgt's off the board.

great...faith dropping lower...why did you have to depress me while I am at work.

Jai
04-06-2011, 03:46 PM
just looked, looks like 9 TSgt slots are open, did anyone put in an ETP because they made master? If you did, looks like they made a slot just for you as 1 MSgt Slot just opened up. 7 more staff slots open...is anyone sure what code 504 means...don't dissaprove if slots are at 0??? btw, 37 days to go woo hoo (not trying to rub it in, just excited)

Crewdiddy
04-06-2011, 04:51 PM
just looked, looks like 9 TSgt slots are open, did anyone put in an ETP because they made master? If you did, looks like they made a slot just for you as 1 MSgt Slot just opened up. 7 more staff slots open...is anyone sure what code 504 means...don't dissaprove if slots are at 0??? btw, 37 days to go woo hoo (not trying to rub it in, just excited)

The 504 code means that they can get more slots added at anytime, so they don't want you to have to reapply everytime there are new slots.

turbosmitty
04-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm beggining to think Air Staff is not approving any ETP packages if there are non-ETP packages awaiting processing. :frusty

afcopholtz
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm beggining to think Air Staff is not approving any ETP packages if there are non-ETP packages awaiting processing. :frusty

Let's pray that is not what is happening! Our only ETP is that cops are balanced... Grrrr...

LHEATHAIS
04-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Let's pray that is not what is happening! Our only ETP is that cops are balanced... Grrrr...

The rtrng-out #'s have not dropped so they must be taking ETP's. BTW, 5 FTA's were lucky to get accepted this month. All I know is the more people getting selected the sooner my application will be processed. So I hope the numbers keep increasingly falling.

rips
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
so does an email automatically generate once the slots are taken off the retraining advisory?

rips
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
nevermind to awnser my own question there was no email but i was approved!!!! so excited projected class dates 7 Oct for fundies

LHEATHAIS
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
nevermind to awnser my own question there was no email but i was approved!!!! so excited projected class dates 7 Oct for fundies

Congrats bro! You FTA or NCORP?

afcopholtz
04-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Congrats bro! You FTA or NCORP?

Now that is what I was going to ask!

rips
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
yes i am a FTA

sgthm
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Did you have any ETP's or were you just within your retraining window? Congrats tho! My husband has been trying to retrain into this job for almost 2 yrs now. Finally got his ETP submitted and was told he was at the top of the list, obviously not because he wasn't accepted. Oh, and AFPC says you're supposed to get an email. AFPC-Fail!

afcopholtz
04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Did you have any ETP's or were you just within your retraining window? Congrats tho! My husband has been trying to retrain into this job for almost 2 yrs now. Finally got his ETP submitted and was told he was at the top of the list, obviously not because he wasn't accepted. Oh, and AFPC says you're supposed to get an email. AFPC-Fail!

Yeah a buddy of mine never got an e-mail either. I am still waiting for Pete to check his. Congrats! :yo

rips
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
thanks, and no i did not have an ETP but i've been working on my package for a little less than a year!

turbosmitty
04-07-2011, 07:13 PM
thanks, and no i did not have an ETP but i've been working on my package for a little less than a year!

:clap2 Congrats!! :clap2

turbosmitty
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM

ETP packages are at the bottom of the list. When AFPC says 90-120 day wait...they mean 120+ days.

afcopholtz
04-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Just curious, don't mean to impose at all, but how did you find out - just logged onto Vmpf and retraining? My husband checked multiple times today and it still says "3".... Just wondering if there is another place to check..

shotdown
04-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Just curious, don't mean to impose at all, but how did you find out - just logged onto Vmpf and retraining? My husband checked multiple times today and it still says "3".... Just wondering if there is another place to check..

I've heard both there or email. Some people got an email and they did not update VMPF till later.

turbosmitty
04-07-2011, 08:03 PM

He can go to the "my stuff" tab in Vmpf to access his AFPC account.

I've received emails from AFPC status changes too. When he first accesses Vmpf it ask to verify the email address. I added my home email address in there too.

rips
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
+ with what smitty said, i did recieve an email this morning after reading the forums some one mentioned there were a few selected i verified there were 6 selected and at first was bummed out.... checked mystuff outta spite and sure enough i got lucky! made my day!!! now im trying to figure out how this SRB works even tho its not the solo purpose i still dont want to make a big money mistake!

Hoo-huh???
04-08-2011, 06:25 AM

All you guys should be careful of what you wish for. Sometimes the grass isn't that green once you get on the other side. It may not be what you expect. There's a reason it's a critically manned career field. I'm sure most of you are FTA that hate your job. I hope you know what kind of shifts/hours you will be working. Make sure you do your homework.

kjdjr18
04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Well im a cop, so bring on any bad shifts as im already used to that. I will take long hours in a job that should be more interesting than checking an ID at the gate.

IH8EngMTX
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
All you guys should be careful of what you wish for. Sometimes the grass isn't that green once you get on the other side. It may not be what you expect. There's a reason it's a critically manned career field. I'm sure most of you are FTA that hate your job. I hope you know what kind of shifts/hours you will be working. Make sure you do your homework.

Part of the reason it is critically manned is that it is a new career field and is still manned by previous 1N1's. The AF is pushing for 65 CAP's a day now too so that is also hurting current manning. In the future as more people come into the career it should lessen the strain on the current SO's. I did my research and would still rather work all day doing something that truelly matters and is the future of the military than turn a wrench anymore. I'll take the worst day as a SO over any day as maintenance. I'm sure everyone else on here retraining feels the exact same way, especially the cops.

BTW, you guys should check out this month's AF Magazine (April 2011 issue with the A-10 on the cover). There is an article on RPA's in there and another one on the MC-12 which covers some info you will go over in block 6 of BSOC.

rips
04-08-2011, 01:17 PM
any FTA's out there that got approved and got an SRB? pm me pls or any one else that understands the verbage of AFI 36-2626

thanks!!!

rips
04-08-2011, 03:46 PM
nevermind i figured it all out..... so how long does the "pipeline" acutally take?

rlewis55
04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
nevermind i figured it all out..... so how long does the "pipeline" acutally take?

How did you figure it all out ive talked to everybody and i keep getting diffrent answers on when i can re-enlist and if ill get the SRB.. i stopped worrying about it but if you got insight i would love to hear it...

rips
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
How did you figure it all out ive talked to everybody and i keep getting diffrent answers on when i can re-enlist and if ill get the SRB.. i stopped worrying about it but if you got insight i would love to hear it...

okay so this is strickly for FTA's

you are able to extented for up to 23 months towards your enlistment, if you graduate and get your 3 level prior to the day of your extenision you are able to decline the extension with in 30 days and do an immideiate renlistment under the new AFSC

example for me
my DOS is 20 March 2012
if i graduate before 20 march i am able to cancel the extension and reenlist for the SRB now if i graduate after 20 march my extension kicks in and i will only recieve a partical SRB and effects how many years you can reenlist

so i start fundies on 7 Oct.... do i got a shot?

rips
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
but then again thats assuming me even get paid after today =]

turbosmitty
04-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Part of the reason it is critically manned is that it is a new career field and is still manned by previous 1N1's. The AF is pushing for 65 CAP's a day now too so that is also hurting current manning. In the future as more people come into the career it should lessen the strain on the current SO's. I did my research and would still rather work all day doing something that truelly matters and is the future of the military than turn a wrench anymore. I'll take the worst day as a SO over any day as maintenance. I'm sure everyone else on here retraining feels the exact same way, especially the cops.

BTW, you guys should check out this month's AF Magazine (April 2011 issue with the A-10 on the cover). There is an article on RPA's in there and another one on the MC-12 which covers some info you will go over in block 6 of BSOC.

Same here....I would rather be an SO that takes out the trash and mops all day than push another tool box. 12 years of flight line has been real, its been fun....but it hasn't been real fun. I'm ready for something new.

jeremy831
04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
I am a flyer with a class III flight physical, and current 1042. I went to Public Health here on Davis Monthan to try to get them to just have my flight surgeon sign a 1042 saying I'm good to go for a ground based air controller or whatever it's supposd to say.
Well they tell me that they used to be able to change what job the 1042 was for and then have the Flight Surgeon sign it.
Apparently, according to the SrA at the clinic the standards are different, so they need to conduct a completely new physical.
Has anyone who was a prior flyer experience this before?
I've checked AFI 48-123 involving medical standards and compared the standards for both of them, and there is not one single standard/qualification (that I can see) for Ground Based Air Controller that is not the same or more strict than it is for class III standards. In fact, they are far more strict for the class III (for obvious reasons). So obviously the standards are different, but the Flight Surgeon already knows I meet all of the standards because I just had my physical a couple of months ago.
It just seems that they are wasting people's time by requiring this and taking up the slots for the PHA's that other people need for their annuals.

Can anyone see anything I may be missing in all of this?

Crewdiddy
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Is there anyone here with an ETP over 120 days now?

shotdown
04-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Got a letter from from Secretary of the Air Force and all TDYs (less than 179 days) have been canceled. Now I'm pissed.

curtst
04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I am a flyer with a class III flight physical, and current 1042. I went to Public Health here on Davis Monthan to try to get them to just have my flight surgeon sign a 1042 saying I'm good to go for a ground based air controller or whatever it's supposd to say.
Well they tell me that they used to be able to change what job the 1042 was for and then have the Flight Surgeon sign it.
Apparently, according to the SrA at the clinic the standards are different, so they need to conduct a completely new physical.
Has anyone who was a prior flyer experience this before?
I've checked AFI 48-123 involving medical standards and compared the standards for both of them, and there is not one single standard/qualification (that I can see) for Ground Based Air Controller that is not the same or more strict than it is for class III standards. In fact, they are far more strict for the class III (for obvious reasons). So obviously the standards are different, but the Flight Surgeon already knows I meet all of the standards because I just had my physical a couple of months ago.
It just seems that they are wasting people's time by requiring this and taking up the slots for the PHA's that other people need for their annuals.

Can anyone see anything I may be missing in all of this?

Flight medicine at Whiteman was able to use my class 3 physical when I was going for flight engineer. It was a good thing because I would have had to wait 4 months before they could see me for another physical. They told me the standards are similar enough to do it that way.

jeremy831
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Flight medicine at Whiteman was able to use my class 3 physical when I was going for flight engineer. It was a good thing because I would have had to wait 4 months before they could see me for another physical. They told me the standards are similar enough to do it that way.

I tried to talk to Flight med here about what Public Health told me, but they turned me away because they refuse to touch anything having to do with retraining.

lphill01
04-08-2011, 11:14 PM

+1. I had an initial FC3 from when I was trying for 1A3 that they re-verbed to a GBAC. Only had to retake vision tests, and interview with the flight doc to get a new 1042.

sgthm
04-09-2011, 02:10 AM
Got a letter from from Secretary of the Air Force and all TDYs (less than 179 days) have been canceled. Now I'm pissed.

So are you saying they've cancelled your tech school because of this financial crisis? Just curious cuz that would suck.

turbosmitty
04-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Is there anyone here with an ETP over 120 days now?

Yep...I'm working on 130 days now :pray

curtst
04-09-2011, 03:18 AM
So are you saying they've cancelled your tech school because of this financial crisis? Just curious cuz that would suck.

Considering the gummint ain't shuttin down kinda weird. Knew it wouldn't but the news media LOVES to scare people...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/08/congress.budget/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Scoop_Jr
04-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I just entered my 82 day of my ETP fun fun fun. I'm just a TSgt and regardless if I get these jobs posted now or have to wait till Oct, thats all cool. I wish the best of luck to the people ahead of me. Hope everyone gets what they want.

afcopholtz
04-10-2011, 08:32 AM
We Hit 90 days next week but we DEROS and PCS in 65 days!!!! Just would like to know if its a go or no go...grrrrr.

curtst
04-11-2011, 12:29 AM
We Hit 90 days next week but we DEROS and PCS in 65 days!!!! Just would like to know if its a go or no go...grrrrr.

Probably should give AFPC a call and find out what the plan is. Typically when retraining from overseas you will PCS to your next duty station you will be at for the new job. Of course with a pending assignment you shouldn't even be eligible for retraining.

theworkingman
04-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Probably should give AFPC a call and find out what the plan is. Typically when retraining from overseas you will PCS to your next duty station you will be at for the new job. Of course with a pending assignment you shouldn't even be eligible for retraining.

Im with Curst. When I tried to put in a package in Apr of last year, they denied me because my DEROS was in Oct. They told me to just wait until I got to my new Duty Station and apply then. My window actually moved because I didn't need to be 9-15 months before my DEROS anymore. So as soon as I got to Jersey, thats what I did. Worked out pretty well for me. Im not sure what its like for a non-FTA though.

Barberakb
04-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Finished block 1 of fundies. 93 class avg but 3 out of 17 failed.

turbosmitty
04-11-2011, 03:14 AM

Sucks for them....guess they didn't want the job bad enough.

rlewis55
04-11-2011, 02:25 PM

All is good now right?

afcopholtz
04-11-2011, 07:46 PM

He has the package in prior to the assignment! so we called AFPC and they said when we first got the assignment to not really do any outprocessing because the retrain takes priority if it were to srop then our assignment as a cop would get canx. He has a proj AFSC of 1U, but his package still says pending. I dunno..Pete says they should know we have an assignment and our DEROS and stuff.

IH8EngMTX
04-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Congrats. Fundies was a waste of time I honestly thought. If you could CLEP it I would have. I got my wings and was a Distinguished Graduate today. 3X 100% and a 98% on the last test. I missed one stupid question. It's all good. Everyone in my class graduated. We start RFC Friday.

lphill01
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the wings! I just got an email from the 1U program manager explaining bits of the pipeline. Apparently, you have to have 36 months from IQT grad date instead of just AFC?

turbosmitty
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Congrats. Fundies was a waste of time I honestly thought. If you could CLEP it I would have. I got my wings and was a Distinguished Graduate today. 3X 100% and a 98% on the last test. I missed one stupid question. It's all good. Everyone in my class graduated. We start RFC Friday.

Congrats!! Wings are much better than the mx badge!

afcopholtz
04-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Smitty

Any word yet??

turbosmitty
04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Smitty

Any word yet??

I haven't made it to work yet to check. I've stopped calling AFPC...since they tell me the same thing every time.

jasonstiller
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Anyone got a sample of a 1U0X1 ETP they can send me?

rips
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
i also received that email, so to my understanding we are awarded 3 level the course after fundies.... if thats soo then FTA's can cancel there extension and reenlist while still in the pipeline under the 1U and receive the bonus sounds like some good news

turbosmitty
04-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Nothing new....looks like Air Staff added one more SSgt slot (SSgt--8/TSgt--9)

Crewdiddy
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Anyone got a sample of a 1U0X1 ETP they can send me?

Check out the CEA Recruiting CoP @
https://afkm.wpafb.af.mil/community/views/home.aspx?Filter=OO-DP-SO-02

aalders
04-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I Just went Status 5!!! well Vmpf says i went status 5 on the 4th? Like a few other people i too havent receaved a email.

rips
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I Just went Status 5!!! well Vmpf says i went status 5 on the 4th? Like a few other people i too havent receaved a email.

i had the same thing, still no email but i went to mystuff on vmpf and it had my first class date scheduled for the 7 of oct. i recieved an email yesterday from civ. guy welcoming me to the career field and breifed on the new "pipeline"

Doood
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM

How long were you status 3? Did you have an ETP?

aalders
04-12-2011, 05:30 PM
How long were you status 3? Did you have an ETP?

I went status 3 on feb 22nd and hit status 5 on Apr 4th. Sorry im not up on my acronyms what does ETP stand for again?

rips
04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
lol you would know if you had one... its an exception to policy letter

turbosmitty
04-12-2011, 05:40 PM

I take it you're a FTA as well?

afcopholtz
04-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I went status 3 on feb 22nd and hit status 5 on Apr 4th. Sorry im not up on my acronyms what does ETP stand for again?

Seriously? Some of us have been waiting a helluva alot longer than that! You must be FTA - Funny, how are they going to man a new career field with ALL FTA!!!! Sorry, just a little of sick of waiting! :) Congrats again!

aalders
04-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I was surprised too. Yeah I’m a FTA. I have been working this sense September 1st.

rips
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
I was surprised too. Yeah I’m a FTA. I have been working this sense September 1st.

did you get a course date for air crew fundies for the 7 of Oct.?

afcopholtz
04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Please don't take what I said as Bitchy. I re-read what I put and it kind of came off like that. (My hubby is the one retraining - for the 2nd time in his career!) :)

shotdown
04-12-2011, 07:22 PM

All is good now right?

Yes, all is good now. Looks like we're back on track. I also got my TS approved already. Took 5 months.

aalders
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Please don't take what I said as Bitchy. I re-read what I put and it kind of came off like that. (My hubby is the one retraining - for the 2nd time in his career!) :)

No problem, i know you didnt mean anything by it.

did you get a course date for air crew fundies for the 7 of Oct.?

No. i havent heard anything yet. I called AFPC and they were as helpfull as a fart in a jacuzzi. they told me that i had to wait untill i went status 6... im hoping for the 7th or earlyer, the sooner the better because i have to reinlist in october.

Crewdiddy
04-12-2011, 09:02 PM

No. i havent heard anything yet. I called AFPC and they were as helpfull as a fart in a jacuzzi. they told me that i had to wait untill i went status 6... im hoping for the 7th or earlyer, the sooner the better because i have to reinlist in october.

"AFPC is as helpful as a fart in a Jacuzzi" lmfao I am going to have to steal that one.

turbosmitty
04-12-2011, 11:22 PM
"AFPC is as helpful as a fart in a Jacuzzi" lmfao I am going to have to steal that one.

Thats awesome!! I'm jotting that one down too.

IH8EngMTX
04-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Can you get an extension on your current enlistment or are you not FTA? I had to extend 2 months to deploy and once I was approved, extend the full 21 months till next November. I'll reenlist once I complete MQT and am Combat Mission Ready (CMR, you learn this in fundies) which I expect will be around November.

aalders
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Can you get an extension on your current enlistment or are you not FTA? I had to extend 2 months to deploy and once I was approved, extend the full 21 months till next November. I'll reenlist once I complete MQT and am Combat Mission Ready (CMR, you learn this in fundies) which I expect will be around November.

yes i can extend but im not sure how this affects the SRB for SO.

lphill01
04-13-2011, 05:48 PM
I was told by my reenlistments people that once I file for an extension, I can't cancel it in favor of a reenlistment before it takes effect.

rips
04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
no... as long as you do not start your extension you can cancel it period. read the afi

lphill01
04-13-2011, 06:48 PM
I did, and didn't find it. What paragraph is it?

shamzz
04-13-2011, 07:26 PM

Are you 4 or 6 year enlistee?

aalders
04-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Are you 4 or 6 year enlistee?

I'm a 4 year

nuked
04-14-2011, 12:09 AM
I am a FTA in the process of submitting an ETP for my window closing. I was mis-counselled that i couldnt retrain due to a AAC 39 being assigned to all weapons loaders at my base, me included. My son also has ongoing chronic critical medical issues for the past year (enrolled in EFMP). Finally got to the career advisor to see if the code 39 was true. She said it was false and directed me to submit the ETP. The letter is ready to go and will get submitted this week. Does anybody know anything about my chances of them accepting my ETP? Any others in my same position?

gundog
04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
I am a FTA in the process of submitting an ETP for my window closing. I was mis-counselled that i couldnt retrain due to a AAC 39 being assigned to all weapons loaders at my base, me included. My son also has ongoing chronic critical medical issues for the past year (enrolled in EFMP). Finally got to the career advisor to see if the code 39 was true. She said it was false and directed me to submit the ETP. The letter is ready to go and will get submitted this week. Does anybody know anything about my chances of them accepting my ETP? Any others in my same position?

Nuked,

I would imagine that AFPC would accept your ETP. The only true way of knowing is calling the Total Force Service Center (DSN 665-5000) and ask to talk to the DPSOAR folks for clarification. The other thing you need to think about is if this job is for you and your family if you have someone that is in the EFMP. Will the possible locations that you will be assigned to have medical facilities near by that will support your son? You will probably not have a lot of free time to help out as you will be engaged in flying missions most days of the week, possibly during swing/night shifts. All I'm saying is that you will be under a good amount of stress with the flying schedule/work load and medical issues will compile the amount of stress that you may encounter.

afcopholtz
04-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Just hit 91 days..nothin'...62 days til we leave for Minot...Grrrrr..

rlewis55
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
one week til school.....

did anybody forget anything when they went or wished they packed something....

shotdown
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
one week til school.....

Good question. I made a huge list of items I need to take but I'm sure there's something I'll forget.

IH8EngMTX
04-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I didnt forget anything, even brought the wife. I did overpack though. The bed of my truck was full to the point where my fabric toneau cover bulged a bit. There are plenty of stores in SA if you forget anything. Make sure you bring your own pillow at least, maybe even a queen size foam mattress pad if you have one lying around. I went and bought one after the second night on the crappy bed at Kelly, using it here at Randolph too. I miss my King Tempur Pedic for sure!

curtst
04-15-2011, 01:57 AM

I know it sucks, just gotta be patient. I don't know how they select people. I was right at the 120 day mark before I went status 5, then another 8 weeks before I went status 6.

one week til school.....

Bring a laptop and card reader! The internet is slow in the rooms but it is there. I wish I had that while at Lackland and Randolph. Brought them with me when I went to FTU though!

turbosmitty
04-15-2011, 02:02 AM

Keep your head up. Air Staff should be accepting some more ETP packages soon.

afcopholtz
04-15-2011, 04:00 PM

That is just it, it has been AT Air Staff for 92 days now...he sent AFPC an e-mail with his concern with the whole DEROS thing...they wrote back -- Your package is being processed at Air Staff blah blah blah...

I swear someone needs to get up their Arse...

Crewdiddy
04-15-2011, 07:37 PM

I just hit 120 yesterday trying to get a SSgt slot. Do they only select for NCORP at the same time as the FTA boards?

turbosmitty
04-15-2011, 07:47 PM
I just hit 120 yesterday trying to get a SSgt slot. Do they only select for NCORP at the same time as the FTA boards?

No.... NCORP re-trainees seem to be selected at random. I take it you're a crew chief too. I'm thinking this force cross training that just happened is whats holding us up. I did ask AFPC if Air Staff is taking ETP packages from the 2a3x3 guys. They said they have met their quota and are accepting packages again.

afcopholtz
04-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Smitty - I will be honest here. I cannot wait for the day I log on and see that you made it - Status 5/6. You have been a great guy on here and have always answered my stupid questions and you always encourage me to stay positive, I truly appreciate that.

:)

turbosmitty
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Smitty - I will be honest here. I cannot wait for the day I log on and see that you made it - Status 5/6. You have been a great guy on here and have always answered my stupid questions and you always encourage me to stay positive, I truly appreciate that.

Thank you :) This whole retraining process can be very frustrating. I'm glad to pass down any helpful advice when I can. I've found that having a positive mindset helps pass the time.

We will get picked...we just have to sweat it out first.

shotdown
04-15-2011, 10:45 PM
I got the chance to take a trip to Creech today and tour the MQ9. I also got to go to the control tower and also got a chance to speak to some of the current SOs about the job. Overall, it was a fun day.

turbosmitty
04-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I got the chance to take a trip to Creech today and tour the MQ9. I also got to go to the control tower and also got a chance to speak to some of the current SOs about the job. Overall, it was a fun day.

Awesome! I'm going to try and visit with some SO's at DM when I get back from this TDY. I wish there was an active duty squadron at DM. Not looking forward to putting my house up for sale/rent. I'm willing to sacrifice my dream home and uproot my family to get this new job. Good thing my wife is backing me 200%!

shotdown
04-15-2011, 11:42 PM

Awesome! I'm going to try and visit with some SO's at DM when I get back from this TDY. I wish there was an active duty squadron at DM. Not looking forward to putting my house up for sale/rent. I'm willing to sacrifice my dream home and uproot my family to get this new job. Good thing my wife is backing me 200%!

I hope everything goes well and you guys (and your hubby afcopholtz) get selected quick. I will keep checking this thread and posting any news and info that I can share.

shotdown
04-15-2011, 11:45 PM
One more question, did you guys need to take a printer?

IH8EngMTX
04-16-2011, 01:32 AM

I didn't need to but it has been nice to have for the wife and me. We drove and brought far more than we really needed though. It's up to you.

On another note, I really hope you guys do not have to do RFC. I started today and during the welcome intro they told us it isn't really RPA specific, more general aircraft waste a SO's time BS class. I'm sure Curtst and others wil agree with me. My class is being taught different info from the class in front of us appearently too. They changed the curriculum for some reason which is stupid since they are just going to do away with it for SO's in a few weeks anyway. Officer's will still have RFC. I honestly think the only reason we SO's are in it is so that the other O's and civilians will have someone to teach, especially considering their are only 2 LT's in out class.

Jumper5
04-16-2011, 07:43 AM

There is no need for a printer.

curtst
04-16-2011, 11:59 AM

There really isn't a need depending on your situation. There was a guy that was in my class that brought one. There will be printers available for use in class and you always can go to the library on base if you have to get something printed out.

On another note, I really hope you guys do not have to do RFC. I started today and during the welcome intro they told us it isn't really RPA specific, more general aircraft waste a SO's time BS class. I'm sure Curtst and others wil agree with me. My class is being taught different info from the class in front of us appearently too. They changed the curriculum for some reason which is stupid since they are just going to do away with it for SO's in a few weeks anyway. Officer's will still have RFC. I honestly think the only reason we SO's are in it is so that the other O's and civilians will have someone to teach, especially considering their are only 2 LT's in out class.

RFC is a waste. They mostly teach you about radar systems and threat systems (SAMs, AAA). They did spend about 1 hour talking about RPAs and it wasn't even testable. I think the only good thing about RFC is it gets the brand new airmen pipeliners a chance to interact with O's. But that is about it.

Unless the curriculum is different at different FTU's you will still touch on radars and threat systems at FTU and go over a lot of things you learned at BSOC (this time for the pilots sake), but it is a nice refresher depending on how long you have to wait for FTU. The curriculum still everywhere still needs a lot of work.

aalders
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I’m trying to revise my "Dream Sheet" and wanted to know what everyone else thought was the best order of bases. So please list your bases in Preference from best to worst!

Thanks!!! Hopefully it will help be figure out where I want to be stationed

IH8EngMTX
04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Right now you only have 3 base choices. Ellsworth will be opening up next May. I choose Creech, Whiteman, and Cannon in that order. I'm expecting to get my orders this coming week, the following at the absolute latest. You really dont have to update your dream sheet as the instuctors will take down your preference around week two of BSOC and assignments are based off of that but it is ultimately up to how many FTU slots ACC and AFSOC purchased for the time you are expected to go. Two of the instuctors talked up AFSOC's mission at Cannon like it was the greatest place on earth and suckered a few priors and non-priors into putting Cannon down as their first choice. I helped stand up the MC-130W unit there when AFSOC first acquired Cannon back in 2008 so I know the place sucks. No ammount of "building it up" in the last 3 years is going to change that. I tried to tell the guys that it really doesn't matter seeing as how all RPA's shoot bad guys and Clovis/Portales is a shit hole (it literally smells like cow shit 24/7) but they wouldn;t listen to me. Hopefully their choice helps me get my first or second choice.

aalders
04-17-2011, 12:33 AM
thanks man

weezy
04-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Looking at SO currently for early retrain and I have a question.

I know there are only a few bases SO's can go to and one conception of SO's is them sitting in a box all the time. Are there any deployment/TDY opportunities within the SO career field?

IH8EngMTX
04-17-2011, 06:54 PM
You can deploy as the Launch/Recovery Element. Basically, your job is to sit inthe GCS all day launchinng and recovering RPA's for 12 hours everyday. You have to get LRE training beforehand so if you don't want to deploy often then you don't necessarily have to as there is usually someone who wants to go. Someone else like Curtst will have to chime in for more info especially regarding TDY's.

hugomk
04-18-2011, 12:58 AM
^^^ He's right. If you want to deploy you can volunteer and get trained to be LRE qualed. You will be part of the launch and recovery crew. Sometime you also get to fly local sorties. I heard it was a pretty easy deployment.

JD2780
04-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I dealt with the LOS stuff with the LRE guys. Tell you one thing, there was no delay in comms or reaction with the sensor itself to my rover.

lphill01
04-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Sounds pretty frickin' cool. It'll be nice to get tasked for something job related. My current job doesn't hardly deploy, so our shop always gets tagged for escort. I'd be all over getting LRE qual'd.

curtst
04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Sounds pretty frickin' cool. It'll be nice to get tasked for something job related. My current job doesn't hardly deploy, so our shop always gets tagged for escort. I'd be all over getting LRE qual'd.

Had the same problem in my old job. Hopefully they will let me deploy in 2 years when my enlistment is coming up lol

jasonstiller
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Guys, got the approval to start my package last monday and promptly called medical to get my ground based flight physical complete as I know this is the worst part (from reading this) I need a typing test and an ETP letter which my group CC will endorse. One question. Do I have to wait until ALL criteria is complete before I upload and submit to AFPC?

shotdown
04-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Yes, you need the completed 1042 and the signed ETP before you submit. Some people didn't submit the typing test but it doesn't hurt to include it. Just go to typingtest.com, take the minute test and print the results (you'll have to scan it so that you can attach it).

lphill01
04-19-2011, 02:12 PM
You also need a 422 with X-factor.

jasonstiller
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Cool, 422 xfactor I got, the 1042 what is that exactly? Didnt know about being able to just print the results, I could get my wife to type 60 words a minute for me lol, jk. My ed center offered to let me do it there then they would sign/date it.

lphill01
04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
AF Form 1042, Medical Recommendation for Flying or Special Operational duty. It lists your flight (in your case ground based aircraft controller) physical, the date you accomplished it, and is signed/endorsed by your flight surgeon.

It must read "Ground Control Physical qualification for RPA Sensor Operator duty according to 48-123."

Also, make sure it's typed and not hand written. That added a alot of headache to my experience.

curtst
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Cool, 422 xfactor I got, the 1042 what is that exactly? Didnt know about being able to just print the results, I could get my wife to type 60 words a minute for me lol, jk. My ed center offered to let me do it there then they would sign/date it.

The 1042 is what clears you for flight. You will get it some time after your physical.

As far as submitting the application. AFPC told me that I can go ahead submit the application before I had all the stuff I needed like the 1042 and 422. They just won't process it until you have everything that is required. If you go to MYSTUFF through vMPF you can ask them questions and ask them about this if you want. I went there once a week just to give them updates on where I was at and what I was waiting for and when I should have everything.

curtst
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM

The 1042 is what clears you for flight. You will get it some time after your physical.

As far as submitting the application. AFPC told me that I can go ahead submit the application before I had all the stuff I needed like the 1042 and 422. They just won't process it until you have everything that is required. If you go to MYSTUFF through vMPF you can ask them questions and ask them about this if you want. I went there once a week just to give them updates on where I was at and what I was waiting for and when I should have everything.

jasonstiller
04-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys, I read over my AFPC printouts and saw the 1042 flight physical, DOH sorry for asking questions I knew already. Good to know, I think ill upload the stuff I have for safe keeping. How do the slots work. Im thinking that AFPC does not give me a tentative slot when they say "you qualify
so do this and submit a package". Im worried because it seems the latest batch of TSgt slots from 31 March are dwindling fast. My stomach is in knots!

shotdown
04-19-2011, 04:29 PM
One more thing to add, when you click on submit in the AFPC website, it goes to your commander for review and approval before it goes to AFPC. You can attach documents but I'd suggest not submitting until you have all paperwork available for review. One it goes to AFPC, they send it up to Air Staff for approval.

jasonstiller
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks, thats a good idea lol. This will be my 3rd AFSC (crossing my fingers it is) I tried crossing into imagery last year but the package got blocked by an assignment (lajes woohoo). It wasnt this hard the other times....

shotdown
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
On another note, I left Las Vegas yesterday and made it to Tucson (on my way to San Antonio). Had dinner with friends and going to lunch with them again before I continue to drive towards TX. Making my way there slowly but surely.

IH8EngMTX
04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
FYI, let your leadership know that you are putting in for retraining as well. They hate not being in the loop and surrised!

turbosmitty
04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys, I read over my AFPC printouts and saw the 1042 flight physical, DOH sorry for asking questions I knew already. Good to know, I think ill upload the stuff I have for safe keeping. How do the slots work. Im thinking that AFPC does not give me a tentative slot when they say "you qualify
so do this and submit a package". Im worried because it seems the latest batch of TSgt slots from 31 March are dwindling fast. My stomach is in knots!

There will be more slots added July/August for 2012. If your needing an ETP letter you can expect to wait 90-120 days if not longer.

jasonstiller
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Im pretty sure there will be an OUT quota for my current AFSC. There has been for the past few years. Provided it is when the list comes out in July, will AFPC see that and my package will move faster? Or will my package have the ETP stink on it forever?

Doood
04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Does anybody know if Air Staff rates NCORP ETP aplications by EPR scores like FTA do? I know the AFI just says the EPR can't be below a 3. The reason I ask this, is because my squadron wants to only give out a select few 5's, and give me a 4. But that is going to screw me because the rest of the Air Force(who I'm competing against for a slot) is still using the inflated EPR system and giving out 5's.

Barberakb
04-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Not sure but i don't think so. There is a guy in my class that said he got accepted with a 3.

shotdown
04-21-2011, 03:31 AM
I didn't have to submit EPRs with my package.

lphill01
04-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Did you have to submit an ETP?

They wanted my last 3 EPRs when I submitted it.

curtst
04-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Does anybody know if Air Staff rates NCORP ETP aplications by EPR scores like FTA do? I know the AFI just says the EPR can't be below a 3. The reason I ask this, is because my squadron wants to only give out a select few 5's, and give me a 4. But that is going to screw me because the rest of the Air Force(who I'm competing against for a slot) is still using the inflated EPR system and giving out 5's.

You will be fine. When I had to do this 2 of the 3 I had to send them were 4's. I have been blessed with supervisors that feel that they alone can "fix" the EPR system.

Doood
04-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Did you have to submit an ETP?

They wanted my last 3 EPRs when I submitted it.

I have an ETP for leaving a balanced career field. They wanted my last three as well but I'm thinking that might just be a requirement to satisfy AFPC and Air Staff is only concerned about manning between the functionals.

Doood
04-21-2011, 05:08 AM
You will be fine. When I had to do this 2 of the 3 I had to send them were 4's. I have been blessed with supervisors that feel that they alone can "fix" the EPR system.

Thats good to know because I was feeling like I was in the only in the squadron in the Air Force who was trying to do that. Basically, I'm a comm guy in a cop squadron in the CRW and shit is lame now ever since they merged us with them this past summer.(FWIW.....I'm applying for 1A2)

shotdown
04-21-2011, 11:12 AM
If you are reporting to Lackland today, you will get a non availabilty letter. Two of us are staying at the Staybridge Suites at Sea World along with a bunch of other military guys. This was the only place available we could find that was non-smoking, met the alloted $106 hotel rate per day and has a King size bed. It's pretty nice so far.

lphill01
04-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Did you make reservations at Gateway beforehand?

jasonstiller
04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Thats a nice hotel, I used to live right aroud that area when I was stationed at Lackland. Make sure you hit up Rudys BBQ near Sea World @ 151, great brisqet!

shotdown
04-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Did you make reservations at Gateway beforehand?
Yes but I was able to convince the guy at the front desk to give me a non-avail so that I don't have to move back and forth. There's a graduation this Friday so there's no rooms on base.

Thats a nice hotel, I used to live right aroud that area when I was stationed at Lackland. Make sure you hit up Rudys BBQ near Sea World @ 151, great brisqet!
I'll have to check it out.

lphill01
04-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Thats good to know because I was feeling like I was in the only in the squadron in the Air Force who was trying to do that. Basically, I'm a comm guy in a cop squadron in the CRW and shit is lame now ever since they merged us with them this past summer.(FWIW.....I'm applying for 1A2

Good luck with your retraining.

IH8EngMTX
04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Yes but I was able to convince the guy at the front desk to give me a non-avail so that I don't have to move back and forth. There's a graduation this Friday so there's no rooms on base.

I'll have to check it out.

There's a Rudy's near randolph as well off I-35. Actually, Randolph has a lot more food options nearby.

rodney120985
04-22-2011, 12:06 AM
I just got my retrain approval email back and went through some of the things that I have to do, have a guy here that is retraining at the moment into aerial gunner so he has been some help. I have also went through most of the post on here and got something’s, but was wanting to get as much info as I can that would help me out. If anybody has anything that would help out it would be greatly appreciated. I know from reading the post I am goin to call and get the ground control physical scheduled that seems to take the longest to get done, and if anybody knows anything about moving family with you to creech for those last few months or do you have to wait till you get your first duty station?

jasonstiller
04-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Impretty sure the tech school is too short for your family to come with you. They would most likely PCS to your next base.

IH8EngMTX
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I just got my retrain approval email back and went through some of the things that I have to do, have a guy here that is retraining at the moment into aerial gunner so he has been some help. I have also went through most of the post on here and got something’s, but was wanting to get as much info as I can that would help me out. If anybody has anything that would help out it would be greatly appreciated. I know from reading the post I am goin to call and get the ground control physical scheduled that seems to take the longest to get done, and if anybody knows anything about moving family with you to creech for those last few months or do you have to wait till you get your first duty station?

I would suggest starting to get your background references, job history, residences, etc for last 10 years organized as well for when you do get approved and have to do your SSBI for TS clearence. This will make it so much easier for you so you don't feel rushed and it gives you something else to do while waiting for medical to do your exam.

I assume you are refering to Creech and attending FTU. If so, you will have FTU at Holloman, not Creech and it will be a TDY. Most likely you can not bring your family unless you pay for them to stay. I have my wife with me here at BSOC/RFC but that is partly because I returned from a deployment a month before class and didn't want to go another 4+ months being sepparated. She isn't going to go with me to FTU though because I do not need the distraction and she really doesn't want to go to NM anyway.

Also, get into the habbit of not posting stupid crap on facebook and getting into the OPSEC mindset. OSI briefs are pretty funny when they show your classmates stupid posts and they did have info from this forum/thread as well (not me), so be carefull.

rodney120985
04-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I am going through my redoing my secret clearance now for the base I am at now so I will have most of that stuff ready just might have to back a few more years. I didn’t think you would be able to bring the family but thought I would ask and make sure so I could let the wife know, and I am with you on the not needing the distraction. I called and made the appt for the physical and man I think I lucked out I got mine this coming Wed. So I am hoping that I can get the package together and submitted by the middle of May. I don’t think I am that dumb with posting the wrong info on one of these things or on the facebook, but thanks for the insight.

ellisc
04-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Has anyone gone to Holloman for FTU? I was suppose to go to Creech for FTU but that has all changed along with everything else for me. So now that FTU is at Holloman I was wondering how that works? I'm assuming you have to stay on base now and the area doesn't seem to exciting either. I'm disappointed I don't get to live it up in Vegas for FTU BUT instead of PCSing to Cannon, I'm now PCSing to Creech, so I'll literally get to live it up in Vegas. Functional changed my orders due to joint spouse, not because of all the other growing pains going on for 1U's right now. So any info on FTU at Holloman would be appreciated.

afcopholtz
04-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I just wish we knew something! Still "pending" here!! and 53 days til we PCS back to the states...this is really starting to drive me crazy!!!! Of course AFPC is no help whatsoever - -they just keep saying the same thing "its at Air Staff", yeah well it has been at air staff since JAN!!!!!!!!! GGrrrrrr....I kind of need to know where we are going so I can tell civiian personnel so they can find me a job there!!! Geez! Damn ETP! Stupid NCORP!!! Thanks, I needed to vent! :)

Jumper5
04-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Has anyone gone to Holloman for FTU? I was suppose to go to Creech for FTU but that has all changed along with everything else for me. So now that FTU is at Holloman I was wondering how that works? I'm assuming you have to stay on base now and the area doesn't seem to exciting either. I'm disappointed I don't get to live it up in Vegas for FTU BUT instead of PCSing to Cannon, I'm now PCSing to Creech, so I'll literally get to live it up in Vegas. Functional changed my orders due to joint spouse, not because of all the other growing pains going on for 1U's right now. So any info on FTU at Holloman would be appreciated.

You stay on base. Billetting is not bad but the wi-fi is spotty and cell reception is poor for most of the major companies. Partial rate per diem was the norm when I was there.

Alamogordo is a relatively small town. It does have a small and relatively new movie theatre. Chili's and Applebees are the lone franchise sitt down restaurants but there is a fair number of non-franchise choices. The space museum on the east side of town is worth checking out as a way to spend a few hours on a Saturday.

El Paso is about 90 minutes to the south. Las Cruces is about an hour to the west. If you are there in the fall, outdoor rec often has free tickets to the NMSU football games.

A lot of my classmates spent their Saturdays in the Cloudcroft area or out at White Sands. Take a Saturday and drive to Carlsbad Caverns. Drive to Socorro and check out the Very Large Area. Go to Sunspot and check out the solar observatories

jasonstiller
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
What is the normal timeline for package approval. My physical will be complete in a couple weeks (waiting for the blood tests to come back) then I submit my package. I know it goes to USAFE, then where? AF level?

ellisc
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info Jumper5! I'm from TX but El Paso kind of scares me these days I drove thru on my way to BSOC and it did not look appealing at all, I heard it's getting pretty violent too so I guess I'll be making my rounds around New Mexico. Thanks again. Is the base nice? Did you have to do PT? How about the chow hall?

Jai
04-25-2011, 07:03 PM
anyone know if you can get on xbox live or psn while in lodging at lackland, kelly, or randolph?

Jumper5
04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info Jumper5! I'm from TX but El Paso kind of scares me these days I drove thru on my way to BSOC and it did not look appealing at all, I heard it's getting pretty violent too so I guess I'll be making my rounds around New Mexico. Thanks again. Is the base nice? Did you have to do PT? How about the chow hall?

The BX and comissary are small. The gym is decent and has an indoor pool. The coffee shop in the O club is good and right next to billetting. The E club had a decent sports bar area. DFAC - I can't really comment on it because I only ate there once.

PT was twice a week at the gym or track, training schedule permitting, and was usually an OK workout.

turbosmitty
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
What is the normal timeline for package approval. My physical will be complete in a couple weeks (waiting for the blood tests to come back) then I submit my package. I know it goes to USAFE, then where? AF level?

There is no normal timeline for package approval. Everyone gets accepted at different times.

IH8EngMTX
04-26-2011, 02:38 AM
anyone know if you can get on xbox live or psn while in lodging at lackland, kelly, or randolph?

I was told that you could at Randolph but I do not own either console so I can't confirm it. I could not access Steam on my laptop to play games at Kelly but have had no problem doing so here on Randolph. I believe Lackland works as well as a friend and I would text through Steam while he was at Lackland for FE school. I would wager that if Steam works, Live and PSN work too.

I know some will be thinking that we shouldn't be playing games while here at school but I have played about an hour, sometimes 2 a night and still had a 99.5% avg in BSOC, was a DG, and was the only 100% on first test today in RFC. I only needed to study the night prior and day of tests but that is just me. Personal responsibility goes a long way here. There isn't a lot to do but study, gym, game, etc to stave off boredom.

AeroNut
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I've been following this thread for quite a while now, so I figured maybe it was time to actually get an account. I'm going through the retraining process right now. I received eligibility back in March and went in for my physical earlier this month. I've read 48-123 and the AFECD multiple times, and it seems like I was given a few tests that might have been for an FC IIU or Combat Controller physical. I've tried searching through the thread to find a similar question, but haven't had a great deal of success. I know from what I've read so far that it's pretty common for Flight Medicine offices to give improper tests, so I'm basically just curious to see if the things I've had to do and still need to do are proper.

Those of you who have already gone through the physical process, did you have to do the following:
7 vials of blood
Chest X-Ray (I know this isn't supposed to be part of the GBAC, but it is on the CC physical)
EKG (I saw something about an ECG.. not sure if they are the same thing)
Weight/Body Fat measurements
Eyes Dilated at Optometry (I have this scheduled for Friday the 29th)

Doood
04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I've been following this thread for quite a while now, so I figured maybe it was time to actually get an account. I'm going through the retraining process right now. I received eligibility back in March and went in for my physical earlier this month. I've read 48-123 and the AFECD multiple times, and it seems like I was given a few tests that might have been for an FC IIU or Combat Controller physical. I've tried searching through the thread to find a similar question, but haven't had a great deal of success. I know from what I've read so far that it's pretty common for Flight Medicine offices to give improper tests, so I'm basically just curious to see if the things I've had to do and still need to do are proper.

Those of you who have already gone through the physical process, did you have to do the following:
7 vials of blood
Chest X-Ray (I know this isn't supposed to be part of the GBAC, but it is on the CC physical)
EKG (I saw something about an ECG.. not sure if they are the same thing)
Weight/Body Fat measurements
Eyes Dilated at Optometry (I have this scheduled for Friday the 29th)

I did all of those things

Barberakb
04-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I had all of those same tests and I am in BSOC now. I think those are the correct tests.

AeroNut
04-26-2011, 08:09 PM
I had all of those same tests and I am in BSOC now. I think those are the correct tests.

I did all of those things

Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses. Now I have a little more faith in the Flight Medicine team here.

Barberakb, did you have to get with the doctor to let him/her know about the exact wording for the form 422, or did they know already?

Doood
04-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses. Now I have a little more faith in the Flight Medicine team here.

Barberakb, did you have to get with the doctor to let him/her know about the exact wording for the form 422, or did they know already?

I talked to public health to ensure that my 422 stated my x-factor(for loadmaster) and it says 1A2x1 and they took care of it promptly.

Cgreene10
04-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread to find out any info. I just haven't seen a post discribing something similiar to my situation.

I started the retraining process in Sept of last year. My package offically went status 3 on Dec 16 2010. So I am now at the 134 day without an answer. I had my Senior call AFPC and he was able to get the # to Policy and Procedures. Who said I should be in the next group of packages that Air Staff asks for. But it's random when they'll ask.

My question is this. I've been in Germany for over 6 years. I curious when my package gets approved, what the PCS process will be? Has anyone else been approved from overseas and is willing to explain what they did?

Did they curtail your DEROS and PCS you to your gaining base, then send you TDY to school? Did they wait till your DEROS month and send you? Maybe you were just sent to the school TDY then found out your next duty assignment and PCS'd afterward?

I just don't know what the process is for those of us overseas. Also can anyone PM me with the name or email to the Funtional for the 1U's? I'm trying to find out the likelyhood of getting Nellis or Creech after the classes? My wife is GS and has been offered a job in that area.

And last question. How long is FTU? I understand 4+months ish for everything in Texas?

Thanks for any help you guys and provide.

Jumper5
04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
...Did they curtail your DEROS and PCS you to your gaining base, then send you TDY to school? Did they wait till your DEROS month and send you? Maybe you were just sent to the school TDY then found out your next duty assignment and PCS'd afterward?

I just don't know what the process is for those of us overseas. Also can anyone PM me with the name or email to the Funtional for the 1U's? I'm trying to find out the likelyhood of getting Nellis or Creech after the classes? My wife is GS and has been offered a job in that area.

And last question. How long is FTU?

A few answers - Expect to PCS after your DEROS and go TDY from that location to all your courses.

Don't worry about getting orders to Nellis as an initial assigment. It is not going to happen.

FTU is 2.5+ months.

afcopholtz
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Cgreene10

my husband's package went to AIR STAF back in Jan...we are out of the UK in 48 days (per DEROS) and he is still pending. I do know, if you have dependants, they will PCS you to your next base and then go TDY for training. My buddy just retrained into FE and he is leaving in 19 days to his next duty station and then going TDY to tech school.

Good luck to you! AFPC won't tell anyone anything, I just wish they would either deny or approve I am going crazy....if he doesn't get it we go to Minot (barf) if he does G only knows! Hopefully Creech I have a job at Nellis waiting for me!

JetMech
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Well I've been following this for a little while and thought it was time to post up. I started this process back in Oct. Got approved to cross training in Nov. and the fun started. Got everything done that i thought i needed and deployed in Jan. Package got closed last month because all the positions were gone and then got it reopened and went code 3 as of 5 apr 11. Lessons learned so far, flight med sucks, AFPC doesn't care to help and cross training is very very fustrating. Currenlty I'm a 11 year Tech with a ETP letter in so, i'm hoping with teh 9 spots that are open i hear something next week. At which point i would do backflips and celebrate the thought of getting out of maintenance.

turbosmitty
04-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Well I've been following this for a little while and thought it was time to post up. I started this process back in Oct. Got approved to cross training in Nov. and the fun started. Got everything done that i thought i needed and deployed in Jan. Package got closed last month because all the positions were gone and then got it reopened and went code 3 as of 5 apr 11. Lessons learned so far, flight med sucks, AFPC doesn't care to help and cross training is very very fustrating. Currenlty I'm a 11 year Tech with a ETP letter in so, i'm hoping with teh 9 spots that are open i hear something next week. At which point i would do backflips and celebrate the thought of getting out of maintenance.

I think I'll be doing backflips too. I'm ready to trade my coveralls in for a flight suit. 2 more days and I'll be at 150 days!! :doh

afcopholtz
04-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I think I'll be doing backflips too. I'm ready to trade my coveralls in for a flight suit. 2 more days and I'll be at 150 days!! :doh

Dude Smitty, I think we will ALL be doing backflips when someone with ETP gets it!!! I have lost track of days..maybe they are waiting for the MSgt list which drops 19 May??? Pete's dad seemed to think that might be what is up and he is a retried First Shirt. I am on leave so I cannot peek and see how many MSgt slots there are because Pete better have made it!

Barberakb
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Not really. I just asked if my X factor was going to be on it and they said yes.

rips
04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
A few answers - Expect to PCS after your DEROS and go TDY from that location to all your courses.

Don't worry about getting orders to Nellis as an initial assigment. It is not going to happen.

FTU is 2.5+ months.

are you saying no one is gettin orders to vegas a bit confused

turbosmitty
04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Dude Smitty, I think we will ALL be doing backflips when someone with ETP gets it!!! I have lost track of days..maybe they are waiting for the MSgt list which drops 19 May??? Pete's dad seemed to think that might be what is up and he is a retried First Shirt. I am on leave so I cannot peek and see how many MSgt slots there are because Pete better have made it!

That would make since...lets just hope that if he gets a line number for MSgt...there will be some MSgt slots available. Once you get a line number; AFPC will then classify you as the rank you have a line number for and not your current rank.

I'm expecting to make TSgt this year. I think our results will be coming out 16 June.

curtst
04-27-2011, 06:21 PM

I didn't do back flips, but I did run around the entire shop yelling "I'm out of here in a week!" Literally running around. People looked at me like I was a moron lol.

are you saying no one is gettin orders to vegas a bit confused

Chances of getting stationed at Creech is going to be slim. I won't say what Jumper is saying that it won't happen, but you need to understand that with a new base standing up and one that will be standing up by the time you get into training, chances are going to be slim. Of course Jumper might know more than myself. I am still fairly new to the career field myself.

Either way, good luck!

rips
04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I didn't do back flips, but I did run around the entire shop yelling "I'm out of here in a week!" Literally running around. People looked at me like I was a moron lol.

Chances of getting stationed at Creech is going to be slim. I won't say what Jumper is saying that it won't happen, but you need to understand that with a new base standing up and one that will be standing up by the time you get into training, chances are going to be slim. Of course Jumper might know more than myself. I am still fairly new to the career field myself.

Either way, good luck!

so what exactly are the first intials bases i got an email from a civ. stating it was either creech or hollowwwwwmund! ha-ha