PDA

View Full Version : Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

blueroomer
10-14-2010, 11:54 PM
When that happens AFPC might add some more "in" slots or they might not. If not, you wait until the next fiscal year. Thats what happened to me last year.

turbosmitty
10-15-2010, 12:36 AM
When that happens AFPC might add some more "in" slots or they might not. If not, you wait until the next fiscal year. Thats what happened to me last year.

I would hope they add more. Thanks for the info.

ellisc
10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Last year when I applied I was denied because there was no more slots available. I kept checking the advisory everyday and a couple of weeks later they came out with like 9 more SSgt slots, so I applied again for eligibility and finally got approved last month. Just make sure you keep checking the advisory cause they do add slots when needed.

turbosmitty
10-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Last year when I applied I was denied because there was no more slots available. I kept checking the advisory everyday and a couple of weeks later they came out with like 9 more SSgt slots, so I applied again for eligibility and finally got approved last month. Just make sure you keep checking the advisory cause they do add slots when needed.

Thats good news. I was afraid I would have to wait until 2012 and start from scratch.

Jai
10-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I input my package on 14 Oct and went status 3, does anyone know how long it typically takes to go status 5? I'm a little nervous because I'm applying as a TSgt and only 2 spots are left. Anyone get accepted recently as a TSgt?

rlewis55
10-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I input my package on 14 Oct and went status 3, does anyone know how long it typically takes to go status 5? I'm a little nervous because I'm applying as a TSgt and only 2 spots are left. Anyone get accepted recently as a TSgt?

I put in on 1 Oct as a TSgt with an ETP from a balanced career field and went status 5 on 6 Oct. but my buddy put in on the same day and same situation and he's still status 3...

shotdown
10-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I put in on 1 Oct as a TSgt with an ETP from a balanced career field and went status 5 on 6 Oct. but my buddy put in on the same day and same situation and he's still status 3...

I put in mine as well on 1 Oct (TSgt) with ETP and was told my package is up at Air Staff awaiting approval. I've been status 3 since 6 Oct 10.

rlewis55
10-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Has anyone got a Class date since 1 Oct?

boricuaevo
10-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Jai
Re: Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Mine took a total of 1 month, late Sep to beggining Oct to get accepted as a TSgt but I think it's also because I was on the NCORP.

boricuaevo
10-16-2010, 05:34 AM

And just to piggy back on what ellisc is saying, never give up trying, just because AFPC denies you does not mean that's the end. They're not always right either... I've had many situations with them, where you literally have to call them and they say "Oh, your right sir, I apologize..." and then they correct what ever that was erroneous.:frusty

Don't give up!

turbosmitty
10-16-2010, 09:00 PM
And just to piggy back on what ellisc is saying, never give up trying, just because AFPC denies you does not mean that's the end. They're not always right either... I've had many situations with them, where you literally have to call them and they say "Oh, your right sir, I apologize..." and then they correct what ever that was erroneous.:frusty

Don't give up!

I'm pretty frustrated but never to the point of giving up. I've been trying since Aug 2009.

lphill01
10-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I know what you mean. Now that I've wasted 2 weeks getting the 1042 to their liking, now they tell me they need a 422. I wished they'd told me that when they critiqued my 1042 two weeks ago. I shouldn't complain since I missed the line saying they need one, but I thought they only needed one if you had an X factor. This is gonna take forever...

turbosmitty
10-17-2010, 04:35 AM
I know what you mean. Now that I've wasted 2 weeks getting the 1042 to their liking, now they tell me they need a 422. I wished they'd told me that when they critiqued my 1042 two weeks ago. I shouldn't complain since I missed the line saying they need one, but I thought they only needed one if you had an X factor. This is gonna take forever...

What errors were on your 1042? Just wondering, so other's can avoid going through the same headache. I don't see the 422 taking long. Should only take the clinic a few days at tops.

hugomk
10-17-2010, 06:05 AM

Yes 422 only takes a few days to a week to get it.

lphill01
10-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Clinic's well line is backed up with appts until at least the 23rd. As for the 1042, they first wanted the remark "physically cleared for ground controller duty IAW 48-123" in the remarks. Then they denied it because the form was hand written. They want it typed. Luckily Oc Health has really worked with me. I was in and out with a typed signed copy in 10 mins.

IH8EngMTX
10-17-2010, 10:32 PM
The first post of this thread should really be edited to include a FAQ about applying for this job detailing EXACTLY what you need and the correct verbage on the 1042/422's. I had the same issues you guys are having (cleared up in a few days but it was a PITA) and it seems like every month someone else posts the exact same problem. Just keep at it and stay on top of the medical folks and everything should work out.

turbosmitty
10-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Clinic's well line is backed up with appts until at least the 23rd. As for the 1042, they first wanted the remark "physically cleared for ground controller duty IAW 48-123" in the remarks. Then they denied it because the form was hand written. They want it typed. Luckily Oc Health has really worked with me. I was in and out with a typed signed copy in 10 mins.

Hey thanks for the input...I'll lookout for these errors whenever I get my 1042.

lphill01
10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Just don't snag my slot, lol

ellisc
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
You might want to try and check with Public Health on what their policy is for 422. My public health has like 24 hour turnaround for ours and I know that when I was getting mine done she actually did it while I was in there because I wanted to make sure it had everything on it that needed to be on it. I would'nt think you need an appt for that, I called Public Health directly not the appt line. I know every clinic is different so maybe that won't work for you but if it will get your 422 back to you sooner it might be worth a shot.

Jai
10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Well, I thought it might be helpful to let everyone else know about my process, I see a lot of questions on here. Here's a little background on my trials and tribulations of retraining:
I requested retraining under NCORP back on April 26th, I was eligible to crosstrain on 28 April. I immidiately scheduled my Class 3 flight phsysical. I went there and failed it due to my vision, I didn't have any glasses. I went to optometry a week later and got glasses about 4 weeks after that. I was scheduled for my flight physical early august. Due to a scheduling error (someone more important took my spot basically), I was made to reschedule late August. I had a mandatory TDY that I could not get out of. I tried working it out with the med group but to no avail. My new date for my physical was 22 Sept. I went there and passed everything that go around. My 1042 came back from AETC on 13 Sept. I got my ETP signed on 13 Sept as well. I submitted my package. It got kicked back on 14 Sept due to me not having my last 3 EPRs attached. I attached them and have been status 3 ever since. I know its just the 18th today but hopefully this can help a few of you who are putting your packages in. Don't forget anything, it will slow you down. Now I'm praying that I get selected, I'm currently accepting more prayers lol.

BTW I'm requesting retraining as a TSgt (2 slots left) but it also states that AFPC should not deny us if all slots are filled, I guess this job can have overages? Anyone know about this?

Barberakb
10-18-2010, 07:32 PM
So has anyone that reapplied after 1 Oct gone Status 5 yet?

Yes, I reapplied on Oct 4 and I'm currently status 5.

Jai
10-18-2010, 07:34 PM
barber, how long did it take you to go 5

Barberakb
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Hold on let me look it up.

Barberakb
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Holy crap!!! I just looked and now my status is "Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 18 OCT 2010."

Dang this is sweet. Thanks for making me look! Hold on and I will give you my timeline.

Jai
10-18-2010, 07:47 PM
im so jealous of you now!!! lol, when did you originally submit?

lphill01
10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
You might want to try and check with Public Health on what their policy is for 422. My public health has like 24 hour turnaround for ours and I know that when I was getting mine done she actually did it while I was in there because I wanted to make sure it had everything on it that needed to be on it. I would'nt think you need an appt for that, I called Public Health directly not the appt line. I know every clinic is different so maybe that won't work for you but if it will get your 422 back to you sooner it might be worth a shot.

That's who I went to first. They referred me to the clinic. Good news is, I managed to get a quick appt after explaining my situation and stating I already had the completed physical, dropped off my 2808 and 1042 to be looked over, so hopefully when I go, they'll have a 422 there waiting for me.

Barberakb
10-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Ok here is my timeline.

Resubmitted = Oct 4 , Status 5 = Oct 13, Status 6 = Oct 18

I wouldn't expect this quick of a turnaround though. It just depends I guess. I tried last year. Took me like 5 months to go to status 3 and then I sat on status 3 for over a month before I got denied because of an ETP.

Class doesn't start until April. If this is something you want to do though don't give up. I had to have 2 ETP's. One for a balanced career field and the other because I have a line# for MSgt. I can't tell you how many people told me that I wouldn't get approved because of my line #. There are no slots for MSgt's. But it was obviously still worth a shot. Good luck all.

Jai
10-18-2010, 09:17 PM
That's who I went to first. They referred me to the clinic. Good news is, I managed to get a quick appt after explaining my situation and stating I already had the completed physical, dropped off my 2808 and 1042 to be looked over, so hopefully when I go, they'll have a 422 there waiting for me.

usually the 422 is sent back through to your readiness folks, who then send it to the commander for approval prior to coming back to you, whole process usually takes between an hour and 3, its really fast once they get your 422 written up correctly, it should be emailed to you and you just simply upload it with your package

ellisc
10-19-2010, 02:54 PM
That is awesome. Congrats to you. Goes to show anything is possible with a lot of persistence!!

Jai
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
anyone see that they opened up 13 more tech slots and 17 more staff slots?

shotdown
10-19-2010, 05:36 PM
anyone see that they opened up 13 more tech slots and 17 more staff slots?

Just saw that. I'm freaking excited.

Jai
10-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Just saw that. I'm freaking excited.

Your excited??? You should feel these nipples!

5 bucks to whoever can tell me what movie that was from, i just remember it was halarious (i really won't give you 5 bucks if you have class with me (if i get selected, don't get your hopes up)

shotdown
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Your excited??? You should feel these nipples!

5 bucks to whoever can tell me what movie that was from, i just remember it was halarious (i really won't give you 5 bucks if you have class with me (if i get selected, don't get your hopes up)

Scary Movie 3????

herk2hulk
10-20-2010, 02:51 AM
The first post of this thread should really be edited to include a FAQ about applying for this job detailing EXACTLY what you need and the correct verbage on the 1042/422's. I had the same issues you guys are having (cleared up in a few days but it was a PITA) and it seems like every month someone else posts the exact same problem. Just keep at it and stay on top of the medical folks and everything should work out.

hey man I have the same class dates. do you know anyone else that will be in there with us. hit me up on global. im at lackland last names herko and im pretty sure its just me in my wife with that last name.

boricuaevo
10-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Congrats man! That's awesome!

rlewis55
10-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Here we go...

Projected Course Name: Aircrew Fundamentals w/o Chamber Qualification
Projected Course Number: L3AQRXXXXX 01AA
Projected Course Start Date: 22 APR 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 09 MAY 2011

Projected Course Name: UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS) BASIC SENSOR OPERATOR COURSE (BSOC)
Projected Course Number: UAS BSOC
Projected Course Start Date: 13 MAY 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 14 JUN 2011

Projected Course Name: UAS FUNDAMENTALS COURSE (UFC)
Projected Course Number: UP4AA E
Projected Course Start Date: 15 JUN 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 15 JUL 2011

Cant wait to get off the F/L

Barberakb
10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
So how long after going status 6 do you find out what base you are going to? Do you have to finish all the schools first?

rlewis55
10-20-2010, 06:55 PM
So how long after going status 6 do you find out what base you are going to? Do you have to finish all the schools first?

From what I've heard you get your assignment around the start of UFC training...

Jumper5
10-20-2010, 08:56 PM

The last few classes found out during BSOC and RFC.

The only exception to this were people who were coming from OCONUS assignments.

shotdown
10-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Just got an email stating my ETP was approved and I should receive RIPS shortly. Have long did it take you guys to get RIPS back?

shotdown
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
One more question, I want to come back and be assigned to Creech. When should I update my Dream Sheet?

shotdown
10-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Never mind I just got approved:
Aircraft Fundies: 22 APR 2011
BSOC: 13 May 2011
Fundies: 15 Jun 2011

sfiforlife
10-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I think you have 5 days to update it once your approved with a status 6. Since your stationed at Nellis already your most likely going to be stationed at Creech anyway. It cost the AF so much less to move you there than to somewhere else, but that's just what I keep hearing so don't quote me on that.

sfiforlife
10-21-2010, 12:01 AM
I see all these dates that start in FEB and now in APR. Anyone out there at all starting the same time frame as me? 11 MAR for Aircrew fundies? I have not read a single post of someone starting fundies at that time yet. BSOC is 1st APR I believe, Id have to check again.

Jumper5
10-21-2010, 12:25 AM
One more question, I want to come back and be assigned to Creech. When should I update my Dream Sheet?

Your dream sheet doesn't matter. You will fill out a new one when you get to BSOC. One of the instructors e-mails the list to AFPC.

You will list all available assignments (currently Creech, Cannon, and Whiteman) in order of preferences. Needs of the Air Force (ie. manning at those specific locations) weighs a lot heavier on your assignment than your preference list. However, look at it this way. You are guaranteed to get one of your top three choices.

I think you have 5 days to update it once your approved with a status 6. Since your stationed at Nellis already your most likely going to be stationed at Creech anyway. It cost the AF so much less to move you there than to somewhere else, but that's just what I keep hearing so don't quote me on that.

This isn't remotely true. If a person is stationed at Nellis and Big Blue needs people to go to Cannon or Whiteman, the person is PCSing. My BSOC class had Nellis personnel with Creech as their number one choice. They are PCSing to places outside of Nevada.

sfiforlife
10-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Thank you for correcting me then Jumper5.

Although that really does make me feel like I most likely wont be getting Creech either since they are already diverting peoples choices to other than Creech. I was going to add that as my number 1 choice as well.....Where were these people PCSing to mostly? The ones that DID have creech as their number 1? or was it evenly spread out between both Cannon and Whiteman?

Jumper5
10-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Thank you for correcting me then Jumper5.

Although that really does make me feel like I most likely wont be getting Creech either since they are already diverting peoples choices to other than Creech. I was going to add that as my number 1 choice as well.....Where were these people PCSing to mostly? The ones that DID have creech as their number 1? or was it evenly spread out between both Cannon and Whiteman?

All of the prior service (SrA-MSgt) in my BSOC class got orders to Whiteman. Out of that group, slightly less than 1/3 had Whiteman as the first choice.

sfiforlife
10-21-2010, 01:58 AM
damn....did you see ANYONE get orders to Creech period?? Thats crazy...although understandable since they are just now starting up that unit...

shotdown
10-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Here we go...

Projected Course Start Date: 22 APR 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 09 MAY 2011

Projected Course Name: UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS) BASIC SENSOR OPERATOR COURSE (BSOC)
Projected Course Graduation Date: 14 JUN 2011

Projected Course Start Date: 15 JUN 2011
Projected Course Graduation Date: 15 JUL 2011

Cant wait to get off the F/L

Looks like we're in the same class.

shotdown
10-21-2010, 02:20 AM
How's Whiteman? Anyone there?

SWright
10-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Never mind I just got approved:
Aircraft Fundies: 22 APR 2011
BSOC: 13 May 2011
Fundies: 15 Jun 2011

Awesome man! Looks like you are in the same class with my buddy Lewis. I'm just wondering what your timeline has been like since applying? I submitted on 1 Oct, went stat 3 on 7 Oct, and have been stuck there ever since! Starting to get a little nervous, but with the additional slots opening up I'm feeling a little better now. I'd just hate to get skipped over or missed because of some error in the system or something....hopefully i find some good news out before I head out to the NCO Academy next week.

SWright
10-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Congrats again LewLew! I'm hoping for the same class dates...hopefully hear something tomorrow! I'm leaving for the academy next week, so I'm really hoping to get some good news before then buddy! For some reason it's taking mine a little longer than a lot of others by the looks of things on here. Hopefully everything is where it's supposed to be at least!

hugomk
10-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Big blue will try to balance out the manning between all the bases. Since Whiteman is the new kid on the block, Big blue will try to fill that up. Then when another base opens up like Ellsworth, then most SO will be going there.

shotdown
10-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Awesome man! Looks like you are in the same class with my buddy Lewis. I'm just wondering what your timeline has been like since applying? I submitted on 1 Oct, went stat 3 on 7 Oct, and have been stuck there ever since! Starting to get a little nervous, but with the additional slots opening up I'm feeling a little better now. I'd just hate to get skipped over or missed because of some error in the system or something....hopefully i find some good news out before I head out to the NCO Academy next week.
I had first applied back in Jul but was later told they are not accepting ETPs so they told me to apply on 1 Oct. I called back on 1 Oct and resubmitted my application. I went status 3 on 6 Oct and straight to status 6 today (10/20). I was checking every day and I never saw it go status 5.

I need to go to NCO Academy myself. I'm on the alternate list for 4 Nov or 6 Feb.

SWright
10-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, since I went stat 3 a day later than you, maybe it's my time today? I sure hope it is! Congrats to you and good luck, maybe I can squeeze in that same class as you guys!

ellisc
10-21-2010, 03:24 PM
So what's going on with Holloman? Is it not an option anymore? Also according to the flightline here at Vandenberg we will be getting UAV's in the fall. I don't know what that means for SO's or even why UAV's would be out here but apparently it has been talked about for a long time. The flightline has been completely redone in order to accomodate the UAV's. Do any current SO's have any info on this or heard any rumors about it? I'm only interested because it would be nice having more options to be stationed. Vandenberg isn't the best but I've been here 7 years and there are surely worse places to be, for my current career field (missile maintenace) it is our best option location wise. Just throwing that rumor out there.

hugomk
10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
So what's going on with Holloman? Is it not an option anymore? Also according to the flightline here at Vandenberg we will be getting UAV's in the fall. I don't know what that means for SO's or even why UAV's would be out here but apparently it has been talked about for a long time. The flightline has been completely redone in order to accomodate the UAV's. Do any current SO's have any info on this or heard any rumors about it? I'm only interested because it would be nice having more options to be stationed. Vandenberg isn't the best but I've been here 7 years and there are surely worse places to be, for my current career field (missile maintenace) it is our best option location wise. Just throwing that rumor out there.

Since Holloman only has RPA FTUs, only Instructor SO goes down there. There will be no brand new SO getting assigned to Holloman. Vandenburg was not on the list of bases getting Predators or Reapers. Maybe it's another RPA.

Jai
10-21-2010, 07:14 PM
On average, are we looking at about a 14 day turnaround from 3 to 6??? I submitted mine on 14 Oct, hopefully I'll hear something next week. Anyone hear anything earlier than that?

Jai
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Just wondering, with 11 slots for techs still open, how many are actively waiting for a tech spot. Just trying to figure if there are as many people applying as there are slots. If anyone wants to, can you please do a quick reply in quotes to this to see if we can get a figure on the numbers. It looks as if I may be a week away if you guys are getting approved from the 6th and 7th.

Barberakb
10-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I was under the impression that South Dakota was an option now. Are there no SO's there now? I thought it opened the same time as Whiteman?

SWright
10-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Just wondering, with 11 slots for techs still open, how many are actively waiting for a tech spot. Just trying to figure if there are as many people applying as there are slots. If anyone wants to, can you please do a quick reply in quotes to this to see if we can get a figure on the numbers. It looks as if I may be a week away if you guys are getting approved from the 6th and 7th.

I submitted on 1 Oct and still stuck on stat 3! Just playing the waiting game, but it's for a tech spot. I know that a few people have heard back in as quick as a week. Not sure what the deal is with mine? They tell me that it's at Airstaff waiting on approval, but it's starting to worry me a little bit. I went stat 3 on the 7th of Oct. One guy on here when stat 3 on the 6th and went straight to 6 yesterday! I'm hoping for the same thing since I went stat 3 a day after he did, we shall see I guess. Good luck!

lphill01
10-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I was under the impression that South Dakota was an option now. Are there no SO's there now? I thought it opened the same time as Whiteman?

They will be opening a Reaper squadron there about a year after Whiteman's set up.

lphill01
10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Still waiting on my 422, but it's in the works. Expecting word back either tomorrow or Monday.

Jai
10-21-2010, 08:53 PM
for the people who have been approved already, did you guys get emails sent to your inbox first or did you just happen to check and immediately start doing cartwheels?

Jumper5
10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
for the people who have been approved already, did you guys get emails sent to your inbox first or did you just happen to check and immediately start doing cartwheels?

I found out though vMPF and don't remember ever getting an e-mail.

shotdown
10-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I got an email stating my ETP was approved and should be getting RIPS soon. I logged in to the vMPF and saw that I went status 6.

IH8EngMTX
10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Neither. My training monitor came and gave me my rips right before lunch totally taking me by surprise since it had only been 6 work days since I subitted to my Commander. I had an ear-to-ear smile when my wife came to get me for lunch a few moments later.

boricuaevo
10-22-2010, 04:22 AM

I got "My Stuff" setup to where if they send an update it will send it to my work email and personal email. So when I logged on to my Yahoo a couple of weeks ago, I was like, "NO WAY!!!! NO WAY!!!! and then I blacked out!" :noidea... don't know what happened after that...:lol

f16crewchief
10-22-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm seeing alot of Status 3 4 5 and 6...where do I look to find this out? I just got my ETP letter signed and am waiting for my physical, what all do I do after I submit the ETP and Physical paperwork and my EPR's? All of it seems alittle overwhelming right now as far as what to do. Anyone have some tips on what to do after submittal?

boricuaevo
10-22-2010, 05:38 AM
I'm seeing alot of Status 3 4 5 and 6...where do I look to find this out? I just got my ETP letter signed and am waiting for my physical, what all do I do after I submit the ETP and Physical paperwork and my EPR's? All of it seems alittle overwhelming right now as far as what to do. Anyone have some tips on what to do after submittal?

You have to go to vMPF, then click on "Self Service Action" on left. Once that opens click on Retraining on the Left.

From there you will click on Retraining Application Status Inquiry. This is where you will see what you status is and the date you have received the status.

Good luck!

joshkabar1
10-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey, just wondering if any FTA's werent selected on their first board? I submitted my application at the end of Sept, and called a few weeks ago and AFPC told me that my package went on the Sept board but wasnt selected. I check my vMPF almost everyday and still nothing! I past physical with flying colors and have a squeky clean record, and commander recommended me with no negatives...just dont understand. I know I have 2 more boards but if they didnt want me on the first, why would they select me on the 2nd or 3rd? Im a crew chief (2A551) at cannon afb,nm and not sure if that has something to do with it. I think my AFSC was just put on the critcal shortage list too. Has any FTA been selected on there 2nd or 3rd board lately?

Barberakb
10-22-2010, 01:31 PM
There are no automatic emails. Which is pretty dumb. Most people just check VMPF every couple of days and it will show your status there if it has been updated. A couple of months back when my package was denied they didn't even tell me. I just looked one day and my package was gone. I had to call them to find out what was going on.

rlewis55
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Well assignment rips in hand....cant wait to get there...

shotdown
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Well assignment rips in hand....cant wait to get there...

Nice. Don't forget to ask for your dislocation allowance.

Jai
10-22-2010, 07:04 PM
well, still status 3 as of today, with the current trend, i should get accepted or denied next friday. Here's hoping to acceptance. I thought I saw on here someone was from Hurlbert??? I'm from Eglin and have a few friends from Hurlbert applying. How'd ur retraining go?

rlewis55
10-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Does anybody understand this extension/SRB process I can't get a straight answer from anybody @ AFPC or MPF here... just curious before I go digging through regs and AFIs....

Jai
10-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Does anybody understand this extension/SRB process I can't get a straight answer from anybody @ AFPC or MPF here... just curious before I go digging through regs and AFIs....
I asked that same question, didn't get any answers either, I was wondering the same thing, I'll be hitting 8 years in Jan and my enlistement ends in May 2012. I was curious which zone i would reenlist under if i got accepted. They told me to just worry about that when the time got here. Some help they are!

SWright
10-23-2010, 12:36 AM
well, still status 3 as of today, with the current trend, i should get accepted or denied next friday. Here's hoping to acceptance. I thought I saw on here someone was from Hurlbert??? I'm from Eglin and have a few friends from Hurlbert applying. How'd ur retraining go?

I'm still status 3 as well, and have been since the 7th of Oct? Man, I hope I get some good news next week. What's funny about mine is that on the 12th of Oct I got a message in My Stuff stating that my package was now at the AFPC retraining branch waitining final approval, and today I got one saying it's still at Air Staff and has been since 1 Oct? I'm a little confused about what's going with it, but I'm pretty positive about getting one of the 11 slots available. Any of you guys have any advice about this, and should I be getting worried yet? Just sounds a little fishy to me....I'm just hoping it's where it's supposed to be, wherever that is!

Jai
10-23-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm still status 3 as well, and have been since the 7th of Oct? Man, I hope I get some good news next week. What's funny about mine is that on the 12th of Oct I got a message in My Stuff stating that my package was now at the AFPC retraining branch waitining final approval, and today I got one saying it's still at Air Staff and has been since 1 Oct? I'm a little confused about what's going with it, but I'm pretty positive about getting one of the 11 slots available. Any of you guys have any advice about this, and should I be getting worried yet? Just sounds a little fishy to me....I'm just hoping it's where it's supposed to be, wherever that is!
I'm staying pretty positive as well, I submitted my package on the 12th and on the 14th got the status 3 and awaiting BPO decision. Have yall got the air staff approval message after the BPO decision or is that the air staff message?

SWright
10-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Has anyone on here that applied on 1 Oct still stuck on staus 3? I'm just trying to figure out if there's anyone else in the same situation as me?

familymanva
10-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I've been seeing a lot of questions about possible assignments lately. I just finished Aircrew Fundies and am about to finish block on of BSOC. Evidently the most recent class was mostly Creech, and the class before was mostly Whiteman. Each had 2-3 slots for Cannon as well. I don't know if that trend will continue, but unlike other career fields the Gaining Base basically purchases a flying seat(ie a spot for a mission capable flyier) for a certain date way in advance. The AF then works backwards to figure out when that person would need to start training to meet that date, and that's how they decide where people go. Your dreamsheet means absolutely nothing really... they just do it to make you feel good. Oh, and you can't trade your assignment either.

But other than that, this job is gonna be amazing. I can't wait to get further into this class. As other have said, you get your flightsuit after you gradute BSOC and get your wings. You will find out your assignment in either the 2nd or 3rd week of RFC(although there are rumors of getting rid of that course entirely for PS). Anyways.. I wish you all the best of luck!

familymanva
10-23-2010, 02:40 PM

From what people in my class have been talking about, if you are a FTA and you extended... once you finish the courses and are a 3-Level you can cancel the extension when you get back to your home station and actually reinlist with the SRB. You will get no $ for simply extending. The only debate at this point is... say you had to extend for 24mos, and then cancel and reinlist for 4 years; some people think your bonus would only be paid for the difference between the two. So in that example, you'd get half the SRB. If anyone else has anything more definitive, please correct me.

kjdjr18
10-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Has anyone on here that applied on 1 Oct still stuck on staus 3? I'm just trying to figure out if there's anyone else in the same situation as me?

Im pretty sure thats how it goes untill you meet your 3 boards, if your FTA that is. I have been status 3 since SEP 1! So im hoping Nov board will get me accepted and status 5.

curtst
10-23-2010, 10:35 PM

Patience. That is the name of the retraining game, and the 1U career field. I was status 3 for a while and status 5 for 8 weeks. Started the retraining process last October lol. Should be done with FTU this December!

Haunted
10-24-2010, 03:32 AM
Yes, Patience. I have a class date of 5 Aug. So far away.

sfiforlife
10-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Yes, Patience. I have a class date of 5 Aug. So far away.

AUG ?? Wow! Whatever happened to May, June and July I wonder.

ellisc
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
I was just going to throw in my two cents on the extension/SRB discussion. From how I understand things this is how it works. I just had to extend 2 months for aircrew fundies. I just reenlisted in Jan 2010. Now what I could do is when I graduated tech school I could cancel my extension and reenlist. BUT because I would of only served about a year or so of my original enlistment and because you can only enlist for a combined total of 6 years, I would only be able to reenlist for 3 years. So what you have to do is consider how much time is left on your original enlistment and subtract that from how long you want to reenlist for. Sorry if I'm confusing anyone. For me I would only be able to reenlist for 3 years for the SRB and it wasn't even close to what I would be able to get if I wait until my actual reenlistment so I decided to roll the dice and hope the SRB is still available at that time, so we'll see how that works out! If your already entered into your extension after graduating you can also then cancel the extension and go ahead and reenlist. Everyone's situation will probably be different and the regs tend to be confusing, well it was for me so this is the info enlistments gave me so I just wanted to share in case it helps out any.

rlewis55
10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Here is my situation...

I am a (T)Sgt with 8 yrs in my current DOS is Dec 2012. My class dates start 22 Apr....

From what I'm reading i have to have 36 months of retainability starting upon graduation of AFC...That would put me @ extending til 9 May 2014 (I think)...

Can you re-enlist while you have a extention filed and if so how far away from you extension date do you have to be?

I know these are basic questions but my MPF aint to helpful and AFPC was even worse... Just wondering if anyone knows from either knowledge or experiance...

Mowgli
10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Here is my situation...

I am a (T)Sgt with 8 yrs in my current DOS is Dec 2012. My class dates start 22 Apr....

From what I'm reading i have to have 36 months of retainability starting upon graduation of AFC...That would put me @ extending til 9 May 2014 (I think)...

Can you re-enlist while you have a extention filed and if so how far away from you extension date do you have to be?

I know these are basic questions but my MPF aint to helpful and AFPC was even worse... Just wondering if anyone knows from either knowledge or experiance...

No you can't, once your ext. U can cancel ext and reenlist, bit if ur not at least a 3skill lvl- no bonus

Mowgli
10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Here is my situation...

No you can't, once your ext. U can cancel ext and reenlist, bit if ur not at least a 3skill lvl- no bonus

Mowgli
10-25-2010, 05:17 PM
*u can cancel ext anytime before effective date. I dealt with this same thing when I xtrained

rlewis55
10-25-2010, 06:46 PM
*u can cancel ext anytime before effective date. I dealt with this same thing when I xtrained

And that was my thinking to. But according to all the "knowledgeable" people that I've talked to only FTA can cancel an extension unless the reasoning for the extension has been fufilled.

Then there is this little refrence that that gave me IAW AFI 36-2906
"2.10.2.3. Airmen aren't eligible for the SRB if they're retraining from a non-SRB skill to an SRB skill, or from an SRB skill to a non-SRB skill."

Which makes it sound like no one can get the SRB for any careerfield...

Jai
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
anyone get picked up this week yet? I'm still stat 3 and it hasn't moved yet.

lphill01
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
What's the longest period you can extend for before they make you reenlist?

-On another note, I just uploaded my 422, so now I'm waiting again.

rlewis55
10-25-2010, 07:38 PM
What's the longest period you can extend for before they make you reenlist?

-On another note, I just uploaded my 422, so now I'm waiting again.

43 months as a 2ed term Airman.

lphill01
10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Jai
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Man, nothing happening the past week, they still selecting people?

Max Power
10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Man, nothing happening the past week, they still selecting people?

No, they suddenly stopped everything.

Jai
10-26-2010, 07:59 PM
might be because its FTA boards week, they may have just chilled out to go through all those packages, here's hoping to that

turbosmitty
10-26-2010, 10:13 PM
One step closer...was just notified that my physical was approved! I had a waiver to accompany my physical. I waited one month for the approval. This was my second attempt. The first time I was immediately disapproved by the flight doc without even attempting to do a waiver.

Jai
10-26-2010, 10:23 PM
One step closer...was just notified that my physical was approved! I had a waiver to accompany my physical. I waited one month for the approval. This was my second attempt. The first time I was immediately disapproved by the flight doc without even attempting to do a waiver.

good stuff smitty, best of luck to you, we all need it! the wait game is killer

curtst
10-27-2010, 03:08 AM
good stuff smitty, best of luck to you, we all need it! the wait game is killer

That it is, just hang in there!

Barberakb
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Anybody else done this that is Mil to Mil. I need to try and find out where my wife and I can go. I wonder if they pick your base differently if you are Mil to Mil? Can anyone send me the fuctional managers info in a PM. Thanks!

Jumper5
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Anybody else done this that is Mil to Mil. I need to try and find out where my wife and I can go. I wonder if they pick your base differently if you are Mil to Mil? Can anyone send me the fuctional managers info in a PM. Thanks!

Can your wife go to Creech/Nellis, Whiteman, or Cannon?

hugomk
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM

What's your wife's job?

Barberakb
10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
She is a TSgt 3D172. Communications so she should be able to go to any base.

Airman123
10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
The people at my flight medicine are being difficult and don't even want to schedule me for another two months to get my flying physical, any ideas on what I can do to get this done? How extensive is the flying physical? Is it really a full physical exam or just vision and hearing?

lphill01
10-27-2010, 07:54 PM
AFI 48-123 para 6.46 explains the scope of the 1U physical.

My 422 got kicked back because the X-factor wasn't listed. -Grrrr- And to think, my current AFSC requires you to lift more weight to be qualified than 1U.

hugomk
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM

Her AFSC can work in a RPA Squadron.

Airman123
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I read here about people having to submit documents that were not included in the list that I received (such as last 3 EPRs?), can someone post a list with all the stuff that they require you to submit?

I have these in my list:
- AF Form 1042, with statement "Ground Control Physical qualification for RPA Sensor Operator duty according to AFI 48-123", typed and not handwritten.
- AF Form 422, with "stereoscopic acuity equivalent to depth perception" and "normal color vision".
- Typing test, at least 20 words per minute

What other documents are required?

shotdown
10-28-2010, 04:13 PM
The people at my flight medicine are being difficult and don't even want to schedule me for another two months to get my flying physical, any ideas on what I can do to get this done? How extensive is the flying physical? Is it really a full physical exam or just vision and hearing?

I'd take it up the chain. Start with your supervisor then 1st Serg. Tell them what's going on. I'm sure they can push the issue.

I read here about people having to submit documents that were not included in the list that I received (such as last 3 EPRs?), can someone post a list with all the stuff that they require you to submit?

I have these in my list:
- AF Form 1042, with statement "Ground Control Physical qualification for RPA Sensor Operator duty according to AFI 48-123", typed and not handwritten.
- AF Form 422, with "stereoscopic acuity equivalent to depth perception" and "normal color vision".
- Typing test, at least 20 words per minute

What other documents are required?

As a TSgt (2nd term) I submitted my 422, 1042, ETP and typing test. That's it.

shotdown
10-28-2010, 04:21 PM

She can even work at Nellis if you get assigned to Creech. They are hurting for 3Ds here.

lphill01
10-28-2010, 09:51 PM

Last 3 EPR's are required if processing an ETP according to the instructions for 2nd termers according to the instructions.

Jai
10-29-2010, 04:54 PM
logged in today, checked status, here's what it says

Your Retraining Application Status is AWAITING CLASS SEAT (AFPC)(5) as of 29 OCT 2010.

hellz yeah!!!

lphill01
10-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Congrats! Can't wait till I get to that!

turbosmitty
10-31-2010, 02:55 AM

Your Retraining Application Status is AWAITING CLASS SEAT (AFPC)(5) as of 29 OCT 2010.

hellz yeah!!!

Awesome!! Flight med left me a voicemail letting me know my 1042/422 is ready! Too bad I'm on leave....maybe they can send it to my personal email address.

turbosmitty
10-31-2010, 02:59 AM

You can always try calling another flight med. at another base closer to you to see if they would be wiling to fit you in. I know of someone that did this and had his physical completed within a few weeks.

macviso
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyone here part of the Ohio ANG unit converting to preds or know someone who is. Information is scarce on these folks. I am a veteran instructor, initial 1u convert, >2500hrs and a bunch of other experience. If any one can help or offer any advice let me know thanks.

SWright
11-01-2010, 02:26 AM

hellz yeah!!!

Congrats man, but this really confirms my theory that there is something up with my ETP now. 2 weeks seems to be the norm now, and mine was sent to Air Staff on 1 Oct according to AFPC. Honestly guys, there is nothing in my records or paper work that could possibly slow this down for me. I'm just worried that it's not really where it's supposed to be or somebody is just sitting on it up at Air Staff. I mean, I even have my functional diggin into this for me, and that was the only reason for the damn ETP! Not trying to rain on your parade bro, cause I'm really happy for everyone getting this. Hopefully I'll be in the same boat really soon! It's just not looking good for me for some unknown reason, and it's getting really frustrating bud!

macviso
11-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Congrats man, but this really confirms my theory that there is something up with my ETP now. 2 weeks seems to be the norm now, and mine was sent to Air Staff on 1 Oct according to AFPC. Honestly guys, there is nothing in my records or paper work that could possibly slow this down for me. I'm just worried that it's not really where it's supposed to be or somebody is just sitting on it up at Air Staff. I mean, I even have my functional diggin into this for me, and that was the only reason for the damn ETP! Not trying to rain on your parade bro, cause I'm really happy for everyone getting this. Hopefully I'll be in the same boat really soon! It's just not looking good for me for some unknown reason, and it's getting really frustrating bud!

We are desperate for people, If you are qualified you get picked up. Just a matter of time. The way if works around here. Back in 06 when I was starting out I sat at the FTU for 4.5 months waiting for a slot to open up in a class. It happens but you will make it eventually. Good luck to you and maybe I will training you in a few months or so.

macviso
11-01-2010, 09:14 AM

We are desperate for people, If you are qualified you get picked up. Just a matter of time. The way if works around here. Back in 06 when I was starting out I sat at the FTU for 4.5 months waiting for a slot to open up in a class. It happens but you will make it eventually. Good luck to you and maybe I will training you in a few months or so.

kjdjr18
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM

I sure do hope this is true, I have already met 2 boards and im still status 3. First term airman SSgt too. One more chance though.

SWright
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Man, my stuff is squared away...physical, EPR's, and everything else that they could look at is good to go! It just seems like everyone that's been doing the ETP for leaving a balanced career field is getting picked up in about 2 weeks time. It's just not working out that way for me yet fellas! My package has been at Air Staff since 1 Oct according to AFPC! If you know anyone that can check into it for me at that level, please let me know and I'll get you all my info! You make it sound like I have nothing to worry about, so hopefully that holds true. What base are you teaching out of? Hopefully you will be training me in a few months man, I hope to find some news out this week!

Jai
11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Anyone know how long it typically takes to get a class date? I went stat 5 friday and from what I hear from other people they went stat 6 the same day they went stat 5. What kind of class dates are you guys getting? I've seen most of you guys with april dates. I heard rumor they were starting august classes, anyone know if that's true. The sooner my date is the better. Good luck to everyone strill trying, it's a game of patience.

Jai
11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 01 NOV 2010.

Retraining AFSC: 1U011

Projected Course Graduation Date: 31 MAY 2011

Projected Course Start Date: 03 JUN 2011

Projected Course Graduation Date: 06 JUL 2011

Projected Course Start Date: 08 JUL 2011

Projected Course Graduation Date: 05 AUG 2011

Barberakb
11-01-2010, 07:36 PM
She can even work at Nellis if you get assigned to Creech. They are hurting for 3Ds here.

That would be good. i think Nellis will be our first choice between the very few options this job has base wise.

macviso
11-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Man, my stuff is squared away...physical, EPR's, and everything else that they could look at is good to go! It just seems like everyone that's been doing the ETP for leaving a balanced career field is getting picked up in about 2 weeks time. It's just not working out that way for me yet fellas! My package has been at Air Staff since 1 Oct according to AFPC! If you know anyone that can check into it for me at that level, please let me know and I'll get you all my info! You make it sound like I have nothing to worry about, so hopefully that holds true. What base are you teaching out of? Hopefully you will be training me in a few months man, I hope to find some news out this week!

Only thing that I can really think would hold folks back is clearance. And I am not sure at what point during your re-train process they are doing the investigation. I am an instructor at an operational squadron at creech, so if I do train you it will most likely be later on. This career field loses folks as soon as their enlistments are up. I honestly cant recall anyone who has reenlisted as an SO. Everyone leaves to go find one of the many >70k (without deployments) a year jobs. So yeah we always need folks. Hurry up and wait. I wish everyone luck, I know how hard it is to wait for a life changing event to actually happen.

Prvt. Snowball
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I feel you man. Though I've only been Status (3) since 29 Sept., I felt like everything was going to be pretty streamline the way things were going. It's just a matter of having patience. I know a guy who's now Stat. 6 with a class in Jan., and not to freak you out, but because of some PCS issues, it took him a year. Now THAT'S patience. Obviously his situation was different, but still, you never know.

lphill01
11-01-2010, 11:04 PM
How long did it take you to go status 3 and 5?

rlewis55
11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Congrats to everybody thats got a class seat....

Does anyone know about when you find out your FTU dates?

And just a lil FYI anybody in the 22 APR class i might need a ride back and forth to school id really appreciate it...

Aircrew ~ Fundies 22 Apr 2011

BSOC ~ 13 May 2011

UFC ~ 15 June 2011

FTU ~ ????????

Jumper5
11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Congrats to everybody thats got a class seat....

Does anyone know about when you find out your FTU dates?

And just a lil FYI anybody in the 22 APR class i might need a ride back and forth to school id really appreciate it...

Aircrew ~ Fundies 22 Apr 2011

BSOC ~ 13 May 2011

UFC ~ 15 June 2011

FTU ~ ????????

You will get your FTU dates during BSOC/RFC. They get loaded into the system shortly after your assignment drops.

There is no UFC class. There is a RFC class.

curtst
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM
You will get your FTU dates during BSOC/RFC. They get loaded into the system shortly after your assignment drops.

There is no UFC class. There is a RFC class.

UFC=RFC

/characters

Jumper5
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
UFC=RFC

/characters

Semantics are awesome.

lphill01
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I just went status 3!

boricuaevo
11-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Wow, there's a lot of you getting approved! Congrats! I can't wait to start myself!

Slyflyfox
11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Feeling pretty lucky!!! FTA SSgt selected yesterday!

TODAY'S DATE: 02 NOV 2010

Your Retraining Application Status is APPROVED - AFPC(6) as of 02 NOV 2010.

Retraining AFSC: 1U011

Projected Course Graduation Date: 31 MAY 2011

Projected Course Start Date: 03 JUN 2011

Projected Course Graduation Date: 06 JUL 2011

Projected Course Start Date: 08 JUL 2011

Projected Course Graduation Date: 05 AUG 2011

Waited a while for this, here was my timeline for anyone curious:

-July 17th, exactly two weeks and 1 day before my actual retraining window opened, I put in 1U as my only choice for a retraining AFSC. Immediately after approval, I went to med to get the ball rolling on the Form 422 and GBAC physical

-Sep 29th, these items were finally completed...Had to go through hell and back to get the med staff to help me though >.<

-Oct 2nd, Commander coordinated... did the smart thing, went into see him in person cause I figured he couldn't accurately rate a face in the crowd. Manned up and told him what I wanted to do with my career.

-October 4th, Went Status 3 (Barely missed September FTA Board)

-Novembe 2nd, Went directly to Status 6 First monthly board out of a possible 3 ----Selected!

Stats:
-SSgt with 62 months TAFMS, 1 APR sew-on
-Top Secret Clearance
-AFCT/ASVAB: 88 Electrical/81 General
-EPR's All Firewall 5's
-Submitted retraining request for only 1U

Just wanted to show a few of you how my timeline went so you could get a better idea of where you're at in your process. Thanks to everyone who has posted here to help out. This is my first post, and you've all helped a great deal!

lphill01
11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Congrats! Looks like you landed in the same class with Jai. I'm status 3 as of yesterday, so I'm hoping to get approval and a class date soon.

kjdjr18
11-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Well guys i guess i spoke to soon, status 5 awaiting class seat as of today!! im so excited!

rips
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
so I'm awaiting to do my 1042 and then resubmit how long does it generally take to get the rest of the process done? Anyone know how many slots are left for FTA this year?

Barberakb
11-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Process time varies. You can look at the available slots on the VMPF

rips
11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
so anyone graduate and working as a 1u yet? give a little insight

curtst
11-05-2010, 01:46 PM

I'm still in FTU but I can try and help. What did you want to know?

Jai
11-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm still in FTU but I can try and help. What did you want to know?
I have a few questions. Is FTU seperate from UFC or is it another name for it? Is the job as awesome as we all believe it is going to be?

lphill01
11-05-2010, 06:39 PM
FTU is the 'Formal Training Course' put on by ACC at Holloman or Creech, although it's all moving to Holloman soon. It's after RFC, and runs about 45 days. It's the course that makes you mission ready.

Jai
11-05-2010, 06:46 PM
FTU is the 'Formal Training Course' put on by ACC at Holloman or Creech, although it's all moving to Holloman soon. It's after RFC, and runs about 45 days. It's the course that makes you mission ready.

so its after the 3 classes i have class dates for already?

Jumper5
11-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Based solely on my experience, 45 days may be a bit of optimistic scheduling. Like Curt, I'm currently in FTU and am scheduled for roughly 12 weeks at Holloman. Of course, I have a lot of downtime in there due to multiple holidays between now and FTU completion.

RFC is an AETC course that is approximatley four weeks at Randolph. Most people attend immediately after BSOC. You will have RPA pilots in that course with you.

Jumper5
11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
so its after the 3 classes i have class dates for already?

Yes - Expect to get your FTU dates during BSOC or RFC.

lphill01
11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I was going off the CEA recruiting and retention CoP for the 45 days, but I would imagine it's up to available aircraft and what not. I can't wait! How is it so far?

lphill01
11-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Also, when are most people PCS'ing? Before or after FTU? And how much of a break is there on average between RFC and FTU?

Jumper5
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I was going off the CEA recruiting and retention CoP for the 45 days, but I would imagine it's up to available aircraft and what not. I can't wait! How is it so far?

Aircrew fundamentals - two weeks at Lackland with relatively basic course material.

BSOC - good course with decent instructors

RFC - I wasn't a huge fan simply because I didn't feel like I learned anything that advanced my knowledge of the RPA world.

FTU - I find myself spending a lot of time in the books.

Jumper5
11-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Also, when are most people PCS'ing? Before or after FTU? And how much of a break is there on average between RFC and FTU?

With the exception of people coming from OCONUS assignments, people generally PSC following FTU. Regarding the time between RFC and FTU, it varies. I had about a week but have BSOC/RFC classmates that have over a month of downtime at their home station before getting to FTU.

SWright
11-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Status 5 as of Thursday fellas! Should get some class dates next week! This is awesome and I can't wait to get started!

curtst
11-06-2010, 04:20 PM

As Jumper said most PCS after FTU unless they are coming from OCONUS. I had just under 30 days break from RFC and FTU. Which was great because it was basically a month home to spend time with the family, but under 30 days between TDYs so family sep kept going without interruption.

hugomk
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Hey curtst did you just take your open/close book test a week or 2 weeks ago?

curtst
11-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Hey curtst did you just take your open/close book test a week or 2 weeks ago?

Give or take some where around there.

macviso
11-07-2010, 01:01 AM

Hey me too, took me about 20 minutes. Hurray for last testing and ISO checkride before I get out. Did my testing when the dude was shampooing the carpets.

hugomk
11-07-2010, 04:27 AM
Hey me too, took me about 20 minutes. Hurray for last testing and ISO checkride before I get out. Did my testing when the dude was shampooing the carpets.

I was there when that happened. I was the test proctor.

hugomk
11-07-2010, 04:28 AM

You were with 2 other SO if I'm not mistaken (Male and Female).

macviso
11-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Naah there was a contractor pilot in there asking about the IRC test, i took the nice leather chair from the hallway to sit in. thats when i did it.

curtst
11-07-2010, 09:59 PM
You were with 2 other SO if I'm not mistaken (Male and Female).

Yup that was probably me then.

SWright
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Got my class dates fellas!

Aircrew Fundies: 3 June 2011
Basic Sensor Operator Course: 24 June 2011
UAS Fundamentals Course: 29 Jul 2011

I'm so pumped and can't wait to get started! Any and all advice on the training or anything at all is greatly appreciated. I've already learned a lot just by reading on here, thanks to you guys!

I do have a question about the SRB. Can I cancel my extension as soon as I'm finished with BSOC and re-enlist with the SRB?

lphill01
11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Got my class dates fellas!

Aircrew Fundies: 3 June 2011
Basic Sensor Operator Course: 24 June 2011
UAS Fundamentals Course: 29 Jul 2011

I'm so pumped and can't wait to get started! Any and all advice on the training or anything at all is greatly appreciated. I've already learned a lot just by reading on here, thanks to you guys!

I do have a question about the SRB. Can I cancel my extension as soon as I'm finished with BSOC and re-enlist with the SRB?

How long did it take you to go from status 3 to 5?

SWright
11-08-2010, 11:20 PM
How long did it take you to go from status 3 to 5?

It took me exactly 4 weeks to go from 3 to 5 and then 2 days to get class dates. Are you still sitting in 3?

lphill01
11-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Yep, since last Tuesday.

Haunted
11-09-2010, 08:40 PM
What does the ground base flight controller physical consist of?

Jumper5
11-09-2010, 09:09 PM
What does the ground base flight controller physical consist of?

Standard physical stuff - bloodwork, vision tests, hearing test, etc.

The reference AFI for it is AFI 48-123. Check out section 6I for specifics.

Haunted
11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Standard physical stuff - bloodwork, vision tests, hearing test, etc.

The reference AFI for it is AFI 48-123. Check out section 6I for specifics.

Thanks. Not worried about it now.

SWright
11-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Do you any of you recent retrainees have any info about the extension/re-enlist/srb issue? As soon as im done with BSOC can I cancel my extension and re-enlist? I'm stuck out here at the academy, so i'm a little limited right now about finding the info, and was hoping you guys could hook me up!

Comm_Guy
11-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know if color vision is waiverable?

curtst
11-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Does anyone know if color vision is waiverable?

You can try and take a look at AFI 48-123 http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFI48-123.pdf. It will list all the requirements and gives the waiver authority in attachment 2. I couldn't find anything saying that it isn't waiverable. The only thing I can tell you though is to go for it anyway and have the medical folks send up a waiver request. If I was a betting guy I wouldn't bet on getting it, but what do you have to lose to try?

The only problem is that sometimes you will have to be able to tell what color a target is for identification purposes.

Good luck!

MACsensor
11-11-2010, 05:12 AM

Actually, the FTU is the course that qualifies you on your aircraft. You aren't certified as combat mission ready (CMR) until you get through the training program at your operational squadron. Yes...more training. It never really stops.

MACsensor
11-11-2010, 05:16 AM

you don't need to find just recent graduates to find out something about the job. There are a few of us in this forum who have been at this since before there was such a thing as a 1U. Just browse through the many pages and you can probably find what you're looking for. If that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to ask.

ellisc
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Well on Monday I'm off to TX to start Aircrew Fundies. Class starts on the 19th. I will keep everyone posted with any tidbits of info that may be helpful to those that will be starting class in the future. If you have any questions just let me know. Thanks to everyone out there for all of the valueable info and good to all still trying. I can't believe that I'm actually going to class!!

boricuaevo
11-13-2010, 04:22 AM
^^ Good luck to you man. I hope everything works out... I can't for mine to start, unfortunately I'm still deployed and when I get back I will only have about 30days to spend with my wife then off to school. All in all, I have been gone for about 4 1/2 months and then go to School in Jan for acouple more months...

Echo23
11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
So I've read through almost this entire thread and hope I didn't miss the answer to my question... I just found out that I'm eligible to retrain into this AFSC and looked in "My Stuff" for the checklist and on my Memo for Physical Exam, it doesn't have the box checked requiring a 1042 to be submitted with my application. Do I really need this? It's not an actual flying job and I'm not getting a Class 3, so why do I keep seeing that others applying are submitting one?

Jumper5
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
So I've read through almost this entire thread and hope I didn't miss the answer to my question... I just found out that I'm eligible to retrain into this AFSC and looked in "My Stuff" for the checklist and on my Memo for Physical Exam, it doesn't have the box checked requiring a 1042 to be submitted with my application. Do I really need this? It's not an actual flying job and I'm not getting a Class 3, so why do I keep seeing that others applying are submitting one?

Yes. You need it.

lphill01
11-16-2010, 01:49 PM
They've been screwing up the checklists. I've received two different ones each time I applied. You do need a typed 1042 with the remark "Ground Control Physical qualification for RPA Sensor Operator duty according to AFI 48-123", and an AF 422 with your P-U-L-H-E-S-X factors listed. Especially X-factor, which states how much you can lift. The minimum as I found out is G, which is 40 lbs.

Today makes 2 weeks at Status 3. Still waiting...

curtst
11-16-2010, 02:09 PM

It's required because you will be on flying status. You will have to get a GBC from flight medicine which is pretty close to a class 3. Even though you won't be leaving the ground it is a flying job and will have yearly check rides and incentive pay.

kjdjr18
11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Well status 6 everybody! Start class 13 May11! Im sure i will have a lot of questions as the day gets closer, Thanks for all the help up to this point...

IH8EngMTX
11-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Congrats, I think that is my final graduation date.

kjdjr18
11-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Thank you and congrats to you also!

one4tw
11-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Thank you and congrats to you also!

Just finished all the training and reported to my first assignment Friday. Everyone is real cool and all the training I did was top notch - I like the job. Anyone thinking about cross-training, I def recommend it!

I'll be busy house-hunting so don't ask any questions ;)

After you get your class dates from MPF, the rest is straight forward.

Good luck to those of you just starting the process!

turbosmitty
11-18-2010, 01:37 AM
I just went status 3!

I submitted my package late last night (16 Nov). What's the wait time for status 3? AFPC is telling me a couple of weeks.

lphill01
11-18-2010, 02:23 AM
The last guy I saw was right about 4 weeks. I'm at 2 weeks, and a day and still counting. AFPC told me it could take up to 90-120 days to process my ETP.

-Edit- Just re-read your post. It took me about a day to two days to get status 3 after submitting.

turbosmitty
11-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Thats a lot of waiting just for them to show that they have reviewed your package.

shotdown
11-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Congrats to those accepted.

ellisc
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I got into San Antonio yesterday. I called billeting at Kelly the night before to confirm my reservation and they told me I was getting a non availablity slip and I was going to stay downtown. I made my reservations back in Sept but I guess things changed. I'm not complaining though, I'm at the Residence Inn and it's really nice. Full kitchen, nice room and even breakfast every morning and dinner on some nights. There seems to be a lot of military staying here too. I found the class building yesterday, it's about 15 min from downtown but it might be longer with the traffic guess I'll have to find out in the morning. First day of class tomorrow!

rlewis55
11-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Does anyone have any tips on where to stay at once we get through Aircrew Fundies and start courses at Randolph?

How far out do you recieve your orders for Tech School and is it just a TDY from my current base?

Also congrats to people that just got class dates...

(T)Sgt Robert Lewis

Aircrew Fundamentals - 22 APR 2011
BSOC- 13 MAY 2011
UFC- 15 JUN 2011

curtst
11-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Does anyone have any tips on where to stay at once we get through Aircrew Fundies and start courses at Randolph?

How far out do you recieve your orders for Tech School and is it just a TDY from my current base?

(T)Sgt Robert Lewis

BSOC- 13 MAY 2011
UFC- 15 JUN 2011

You are supposed to stay in on base billeting. I guess there could be a chance you could get a non-availability letter to stay off base but I would say the chances are slim. No one in my class got on at BSOC anyway.

It is a TDY from your current base and will be through FTU. The orders are going to vary. I didn't get my walking orders for aircrew fundies until the day before I left. I didn't get my orders for BSOC until 2 days before graduation from Fundies. And didn't get my orders for RFC until 1 day before graduating BSOC. Then I got my orders for FTU about a week before class start date.

My issue was that for some reason I wasn't scheduled for all my classes at the start. I was scheduled for Fundies, then like a week before graduating Fundies I was scheduled for BSOC, same thing with RFC. I think everyone else in my class got all their dates and orders all at the same time. I had to keep getting amendments.

To say this whole process was a pain in the ass is an understatement.

rlewis55
11-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Alright, thanks, Curtst as always your info is helpful buddy thank you

Did you get your orders for your follow on during RFC or FTU?

curtst
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Alright, thanks, Curtst as always your info is helpful buddy thank you

Did you get your orders for your follow on during RFC or FTU?

We got them during RFC. Only because of Whiteman coming on as an option. The class after us got their during BSOC which from what I was told is typical.

rlewis55
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Well I got Whiteman on my sheet I hope i get up there I owe you a beer for all your advice buddy thank ya again.

curtst
11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Well I got Whiteman on my sheet I hope i get up there I owe you a beer for all your advice buddy thank ya again.

Not a big deal. Whiteman is a good area, been there for 6 years already lol. Staying there, happy to do so, rather be there than Creech.

rlewis55
11-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I'll be happy with anywhere but Cannon. But as long as I'm off this F/L ill be happy whereever...

So how did they split your classes up as far as bases are concerned.

shotdown
11-19-2010, 05:44 PM

(T)Sgt Robert Lewis

BSOC- 13 MAY 2011
UFC- 15 JUN 2011
Looks like you and I are the only people in the same class.

rlewis55
11-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Looks like you and I are the only people in the same class.

I thought I saw someone else on here but maybe not. What AFSC/Base are you coming from?

turbosmitty
11-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Turns out I needed an ETP for 2A3X3. I sent my ETP in along with my last 3 EPRs. Now I'm back to crossing my fingers. Thanks a million Scooby for hooking me up with the ETP!

IH8EngMTX
11-19-2010, 11:42 PM
So they are starting to give orders to Whiteman now? I have Holloman and Creech down on my list but that was months ago before I found out that Whiteman was an option. I went TDY for 2 months to Cannon when AFSOC acquired it to help stand up a unit and absolutely hated it. The base was ok but the area is horrible. I'm surprised the suicide rate hasn't increased there. It was some of the most depressing 2 months I've ever been somewhere. Of course I'll take Cannon over any base in North Dakota.

curtst
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
So they are starting to give orders to Whiteman now? I have Holloman and Creech down on my list but that was months ago before I found out that Whiteman was an option. I went TDY for 2 months to Cannon when AFSOC acquired it to help stand up a unit and absolutely hated it. The base was ok but the area is horrible. I'm surprised the suicide rate hasn't increased there. It was some of the most depressing 2 months I've ever been somewhere. Of course I'll take Cannon over any base in North Dakota.

Yes they are giving out orders to Whiteman. The first couple of days during BSOC you will fill out a dream sheet and hopefully find out where you are going before the end of BSOC.

boricuaevo
11-20-2010, 05:23 AM

I'm at Cannon. Been there for almost 4yrs... It's time to go... You have to understand that there are worse places than here... I didn't mind it too much because the weather is always nice however, it sucks because there's really nothing here... The only good thing that kept my wife and I sane was the fact that we travel everywhere... We go to Lubbock, Alb, Santa Fe, Arizona, Dallas... It's all a couple hours drive...
I had a good buddy that him and I cruised in our cars and/or bikes... It really kept us busy.

Now my wife and I are wishing and hoping we get orders out since we've been here about 4yrs... I honestly don't mind going to Creech but definitely Nellis... We're working our way to retiring in AZ... We're the hot weather type...

All in all it's what you make of it...

The base is picking up though and getting more aircraft. Currently they have 3 predators... We're getting more CV-22 and C-130s, Helicopters are also in the works... I don't see this place closing anytime... We were hoping it was closing a few years back...

Anyway, my Aircrew fundies is on the 7th of Jan, I hope I get to meet some of you when Class starts!

V/r,

TSgt Hector Santaella

shotdown
11-20-2010, 05:43 AM
I thought I saw someone else on here but maybe not. What AFSC/Base are you coming from?

I'm 2A6X1 (Jet Engine Mech) coming from Nellis.

curtst
11-20-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm 2A6X1 (Jet Engine Mech) coming from Nellis.

Funny 2A6x1 from Whiteman. Well, former 2A6x1 now :)

IH8EngMTX
11-20-2010, 08:40 PM
2A6X1 here as well. I work on T56's (C-130 Engines) at Hurlburt.

lphill01
11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Looks like the bulk of the retrainees are maintainers. I'm Airfield Systems Maintenance. I work on instrument landing systems and the TACAN on the flightline. They took my MX badge away during the 3D Cyber reorganization.

boricuaevo
11-21-2010, 04:13 AM
I guess I'm the only Supply guy! LOL

Barberakb
11-21-2010, 04:52 PM

(T)Sgt Robert Lewis

Ok this is way off topic but why do people do this? Sorry if this is calling you out Sgt Lewis but for some reason I can't stand when people answer the phone TSgt select so and so... Or when they write it like you did. I mean, a SrA with a line # is what? A SrA!

rlewis55
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Ok this is way off topic but why do people do this? Sorry if this is calling you out Sgt Lewis but for some reason I can't stand when people answer the phone TSgt select so and so... Or when they write it like you did. I mean, a SrA with a line # is what? A SrA!

Trust me I'm not that guy the only reason I did that was in case someone else reading this forum was curious where a TSgt slot went on the retraining advisory... Trust me it gets on my nerves to you can look back at my other posts and thats not on there.

blueroomer
11-22-2010, 01:14 PM
This may be a better question for another thread but since I'm going into 1U0 I thought I'd post it here. Anyone on here married or getting married to a foreign national and have TS or getting TS clearance? I'm about to get married to someone overseas and I wonder how that will affect my clearance because my TS investigation is still open at this time. Not trying to turn this thread into a discussion about marriage in the military but if any future or current SOs have any info please msg me. Thanks.

turbosmitty
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Looks like the bulk of the retrainees are maintainers. I'm Airfield Systems Maintenance. I work on instrument landing systems and the TACAN on the flightline. They took my MX badge away during the 3D Cyber reorganization.

2A3X3 @ DM

Barberakb
11-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Trust me I'm not that guy the only reason I did that was in case someone else reading this forum was curious where a TSgt slot went on the retraining advisory... Trust me it gets on my nerves to you can look back at my other posts and thats not on there.

Gotcha, I just never understood it. Trust me, I hate waiting what seems like forever to sew on those stripes but I never refer to myself as (M)Sgt Barber. hehe

Barberakb
11-23-2010, 05:44 AM
Anyone know what CCAF degree you get in this career field?

Jumper5
11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Anyone know what CCAF degree you get in this career field?

Air & Space Operations Technology

shotdown
11-24-2010, 03:54 AM

Awesome. I guess I'll be getting a second CCAF degree.

turbosmitty
11-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Another SSgt slot was taken today. Currently at 12 SSgt slots on the retraining advisory. Seems like things have slowed down at AFPC.

SOJJ
11-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Not a big deal. Whiteman is a good area, been there for 6 years already lol. Staying there, happy to do so, rather be there than Creech.

I'll take Creech over Whiteman, it's personal preference though. Are you not enjoying Vegas? Lots of things to do without having to go anywhere far.

Barberakb
11-24-2010, 04:59 AM

Thanks! Hopefully I won't need very many classes to earn this 2nd one.

Barberakb
11-24-2010, 05:12 AM
Are people going to Ellsworth yet?

Jumper5
11-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Are people going to Ellsworth yet?

Not yet - I remember the original news articles about it having the unit opening in late 2011 or early 2012.

Edit - I just pulled up the af.mil article and it has a date of May 2012.

lphill01
11-24-2010, 01:57 PM
I've got it on the dreamsheet so my wife can go to college, but honestly, I hate cold and don't want to go. I want Holloman since they have an aero club, but now it's restricted to instructors. Maybe I'll get Whiteman since it's closer to home.

Jumper5
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I've got it on the dreamsheet so my wife can go to college, but honestly, I hate cold and don't want to go. I want Holloman since they have an aero club, but now it's restricted to instructors. Maybe I'll get Whiteman since it's closer to home.

Don't forget that you will be filling out a new preference list during the beginning of the BSOC course.

I'm not saying to not keep the electronic version on vMPF updated. Just realize that it may not come into play with the actual assignment selection.

blueroomer
11-24-2010, 03:24 PM

In that case you should write: (Guy Who Took Your Slot)Sgt Robert Lewis.

rlewis55
11-24-2010, 05:39 PM
In that case you should write: (Guy Who Took Your Slot)Sgt Robert Lewis.

I thought about it but I didn't want to make any body angry....

curtst
11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll take Creech over Whiteman, it's personal preference though. Are you not enjoying Vegas? Lots of things to do without having to go anywhere far.

I've just gotten used to the area. Vegas isn't my cup of tea. Nice place to visit, but for 3 months? Only been here since Oct and I am already hating the drive.

Not to mention the school system in Knob Noster is better than Vegas and probably Clovis.

I thought about it but I didn't want to make any body angry....

Eh, they'll get over it.

mavsnake
11-26-2010, 05:55 AM
First time poster, long time reader. Aircrew fundies Feb 18 and cannot wait to get it started, been stuck in maintenance way too long. Any advice on if you should get there a few days early or about making reservations?

curtst
11-26-2010, 03:52 PM
First time poster, long time reader. Aircrew fundies Feb 18 and cannot wait to get it started, been stuck in maintenance way too long. Any advice on if you should get there a few days early or about making reservations?

You will want to make reservations. You are going to have to check the ETCA but I believe it says to show up no early than 1 day before the class start date.

ellisc
11-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I showed up on wednesday but my class started on Friday. I was driving so I wanted to allow some extra time for problems and also get my bearings once i got into to town. As for reservations, there seems to be no consistancey with how they are billeting people. I made my reservation 2 months in advance and then when I called the night before to check my reservation and get directions they told me I was getting a non avail slip and going to a hotel downtown. Another guy in my class who didn't make reservations because he wanted to stay downtown ended up having to stay on base. When he arrived he went to lodging to check in and they had him stay there. Just seems very random but I have to say I'm glad I'm staying downtown, the drive is about 20 min to class but I have a really nice room with a full kitchen and the hotel also has breakfast every morning and dinner 3 nights a week, so not a bad deal especially if you drive. Probably wouldn't be practical if your flying.

Barberakb
11-28-2010, 05:24 AM
So, are we supposed to get our training rips for all of the courses at the same time.

For example: I have recieved my first rip for the first class that starts April 1st. But when should I recieve the other rips for the following classes? Thanks.

curtst
11-28-2010, 05:28 AM
So, are we supposed to get our training rips for all of the courses at the same time.

For example: I have recieved my first rip for the first class that starts April 1st. But when should I recieve the other rips for the following classes? Thanks.

Seems to vary per person. But with your date so far out I would expect you to get the rest of your rips before you leave. I got my rip for fundies a few days before I left (I had a week after going status 6 before class start date). Got my rip for BSOC about a week before the start of BSOC, and the rip for RFC about a week before that start.

That being said, a lot of people in my class had all their classes on one set of orders already. I had to keep getting mine amended.

rlewis55
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I got RIPS for the first 3 classes at the same time... Just call your formal training office they'll be your best friend.

kjdjr18
11-29-2010, 03:03 AM
I got RIPS for the first 3 classes at the same time... Just call your formal training office they'll be your best friend.

Same here, all three at once.

turbosmitty
11-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Just went status 3 today!! When do the boards meet again?

kjdjr18
11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Just went status 3 today!! When do the boards meet again?

Last duty day of each month.

turbosmitty
11-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Last duty day of each month.

Awesome! Hope mine goes through tomorrow then.

turbosmitty
12-01-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm assuming the boards met today. Has anyone new been approved today?

kjdjr18
12-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Just for informational purposes, I didnt actually go to status 5 untill the 3rd of the month or so i believe.

turbosmitty
12-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Just for informational purposes, I didnt actually go to status 5 untill the 3rd of the month or so i believe.

Thanks for the info.

Barberakb
12-01-2010, 06:12 PM

That is unless your training office blows. Thanks though.

Barberakb
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Can someone please send me a private message letting me know who the 1U0X1 functional manager is? Thanks.

familymanva
12-03-2010, 03:35 AM
An update on my times in retraining:

Graduated from BSOC a few weeks ago, and am currently drudging through RFC. It is a slow and painful process. Took my first test today and then 2 more to go. Be done 21st of Dec. Can't come soon enough.

It's not official yet, but I just checked vMPF and it looks like I'm off to Creech. I show a report NTL date of 15May and an FTU date of 07Feb at Holloman. From what I'm reading it shows the 432nd OSS, but I was under the impression Preds were Recon and Reapers were Attack squadrons respectively and not OSS. Maybe that is still TBD? Anyways, if anyone has any info on the odds of my being able to PCS with my family prior to FTU, I'd much appreciate it. My wife is due to have our baby in March so I'd like to get her settled before the birth as opposed to after. Thanks!

Jumper5
12-03-2010, 03:50 AM
The OSS is just a tenative assignment. The guys in my FTU class that were going to Creech filled out a squadron preference list a week or two into the course.

I was not a fan of RFC.

rlewis55
12-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Can someone please send me a private message letting me know who the 1U0X1 functional manager is? Thanks.

Hey buddy are you having problems with Mr. Jackson down there? Did you ever get the FM for 1U0s? I have talked to alot of people in this whole retraining pipeline, if your having issues PM me know i might be able to hook you up....

shotdown
12-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey buddy are you having problems with Mr. Jackson down there? Did you ever get the FM for 1U0s? I have talked to alot of people in this whole retraining pipeline, if your having issues PM me know i might be able to hook you up....

Who is Mr. Jackson and what's going on?

rlewis55
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Who is Mr. Jackson and what's going on?

Mr Jackson is the Fromal Training guy here @ Shaw. I was just offering some help...

shotdown
12-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Mr Jackson is the Fromal Training guy here @ Shaw. I was just offering some help...

Got you now.

Barberakb
12-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Nah, I'm not going through any Mr. Jackson. All my stuff is being run through a MSgt. I did finally recieve my other RIP's though. I think I got the info I needed. Thanks. I work for AFCENT though so maybe that is why. Who knows.

turbosmitty
12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Wondering if the FTA boards and the NCORP(SSgt/TSgt) boards meet at the same time?

ffry
12-07-2010, 08:45 PM
The OSS is just a tenative assignment. The guys in my FTU class that were going to Creech filled out a squadron preference list a week or two into the course.

I was not a fan of RFC.

RFC was freaking sweet. How many sensor's are they pushing through now?

ffry
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
This may be a better question for another thread but since I'm going into 1U0 I thought I'd post it here. Anyone on here married or getting married to a foreign national and have TS or getting TS clearance? I'm about to get married to someone overseas and I wonder how that will affect my clearance because my TS investigation is still open at this time. Not trying to turn this thread into a discussion about marriage in the military but if any future or current SOs have any info please msg me. Thanks.

It may or may not delay the current investigation. Where you run into trouble is once you arrive at your duty section and you might undergo another investigation which can take longer. I have a few friends that have spouses of Mexican decent and their clearances took a little longer than most. However, it is not a disqualifying factor unless some serious dirt is dug up.

familymanva
12-08-2010, 12:07 AM

In my class now there are 24(about half prior/half non-prior). Four people got Cannon, and the rest of us got Creech (even though a lot of us put Whiteman first).

curtst
12-08-2010, 02:54 AM

I really hope that is a joke. RFC is just a time waster so FTU doesn't get any more backed up than it is now.