PDA

View Full Version : Imagery Analysis Retrain

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

codyjamesp
12-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Numbers went down to 17 from 24 so it looks like some people got picked up, every time I call they dont have any info, so I guess its just a waiting game from here!

What rank is your friend?

smadley
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
He's an E4, goodluck with it. I'm going to be jealous if you get through and snag that bonus.

Masonjar
12-14-2011, 07:58 PM
I have a class date of 3 July 12. Anyone else start at that time?

tonio321
12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
You do get house hunting but you would have to get there a few weeks before class. They are estimating 2 days of in processing before class. because my class date is so close the the holidays im probably not going to be able to fit in house hunting days before my class starts

That has changed, inprocessing is done when you first attend class. You can still get things done ahead of time if you'd like but most of it is done the first couple of days.

tonio321
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
btw I followed this thread since this summer when I joined an Intel unit to cross train. I really appreciate all the info that is here even though it caters more toward active duty than reserve. I've been in class for about 2 months now and any questions about the process (not the class) I'm more than willing to answer.

cmwolf
12-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I also have a class date starting 3 July. 11 yr TSgt coming from Scott AFB

I have been trying for about 3 years. I am thrilled!!

Does anyone know about the housing situation down there?

smadley
12-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Couple of questions for those down in class. What are the current hours for class and or PT? Also is anyone in an apt off base. I'm looking to find the best apt for me/wife/child. I have been scouting the apt guide that housing on Goodfellow sent me and its great for listing prices and sq ft. I would like to find people who has actually seen some apts and what they think of them, mainly safe and clean.

tonio321
12-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Couple of questions for those down in class. What are the current hours for class and or PT? Also is anyone in an apt off base. I'm looking to find the best apt for me/wife/child. I have been scouting the apt guide that housing on Goodfellow sent me and its great for listing prices and sq ft. I would like to find people who has actually seen some apts and what they think of them, mainly safe and clean.

PT is on thursdays about 45 minutes after class ends. I do stay off base but this is not the best place for a wife and a child, I'll defer to someone else for that.

MichaelGibson0784
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM
I just got my class date last week. Does anyone have a class date of 1 Aug?

smadley
12-21-2011, 03:01 AM
PT is on thursdays about 45 minutes after class ends. I do stay off base but this is not the best place for a wife and a child, I'll defer to someone else for that.

Got me scared what did you mean not the best place for a wife and child? Is SA that bad of a town? I can't imagine its much worse than Albuquerque for a fam lol.

tonio321
12-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Got me scared what did you mean not the best place for a wife and child? Is SA that bad of a town? I can't imagine its much worse than Albuquerque for a fam lol.

Sorry I did not explain further, my apartment complex (Angelo Place) would not be a good place for a wife and child, there are many other places that are much better. San Angelo has a very small town feel, not a whole lot of trouble going on in the city so in terms of San Angelo, it is a good family town. Some parts cater more toward the college students and Angelo Place is more for that crowd and unaccompanied military.

yomanalo
12-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I've been approved and have had my class date for a couple months now just never posted on here. I did read through the massive amount of posts and went through each page though!

My class date is 5 June just in case anyone else on here is going during the same time. I'm probably not going to be bringing my family and I'm still trying to decide if I should stay in the dorms on base or get an apartment.

Does anyone know details of the NCO dorms on base? Do we get our own rooms and how is the quality? I know that new dorms went up recently, not sure who they are for though...

I don't really want to spend the extra money to stay off base, but then again, if someone wants to split up a place, I could always keep my BAS and use it toward that.

cmwolf
12-22-2011, 03:14 AM
I start class 3 July. I will be coming alone. I may be looking to find an inexpensive place to split for a few months.

Nickbeam
01-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Hey guys im new to this forum (been trying to reply on threads for 3 months, finally got a hold of someone to fix it). Anyways, does anybody have a class date of 9 feb? Just wondering if there are any prior service in my class

ladyteeSrA
01-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Found out today that i went status 5 and I didnt even receive an email i just happened to check my status in vMPF and to my surprise it had changed. talk about someone being excited! I am hoping that i find out my class date soon. AFPC told me that this still wasnt an guarantee approval but she said that i should be good to go.

codyjamesp
01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Went stat 5 for 1N1X1B on the 11th!! So stoked! Waiting on my class date now, not sure what I am going to be as far as living conditions, the wife is staying behind for school.

zigzag
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
on my downward slope class date may 7th ill probably be in the area late april take some leave

codyjamesp
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Got my class date! 25 july starting fundies. Anyone else starting around this time? Anyone else starting around this time??

Bigduds
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
So we inprocess once class starts? My class is in May and am finalizing leave enroute plans etc, can i just show up the weekend before and be good to go? i'm planning on just staying in the dorms.

codyjamesp
01-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I have a few questions pertaining to if one elects to get a BAH waiver.
There is alot of stuff regarding this but not many answers.

- Are you entitled to FSA if your wife stays behind? ( civilian )
- Can you stay in the NCO dorms for free while collecting your BAH from the previous base? ( mortgage )
- Do you receive single rate DLA if moving with a BAH waiver?

Nickbeam
01-20-2012, 03:00 AM
My class starts in 2 weeks and im showing up the weekend before. I talked to someone at the school house and some in processing is done by the individual. My class starts on a thursday so my rntld is on that Monday. He told me to show up to the css to get my in processing checklist. I have a bah waiver, no you wont get fsa or bas. You will get a meal card or you can fill out paperwork so you can get bas to go shopping for food. You will stay in nco dorms, from what i was told by the dorm manager you share a bathroom with one person and have a small fridge and microwave in the room....sort of bare so i recommend getting the meal card unless youre a magician at craming things into small places (mini fridge). You'll get bah at your previous duty station. Google "bah Waiver," and click on the site labeled as "unclass ref...." it looks old but contains good info, i used some of it to get my orders amended. And it might answer your dla question. Plus AFI 36-3020 covers bah waivers just in case your mpf is clueless because thats what i ran into. I had to literally do everything and relay messages from goodfellows mpf (they know their stuff). I can go on forever, if you have any other questions feel free to ask

Nickbeam
01-20-2012, 03:07 AM
I reread the afi and you get the with out dependent dla rate. Hers the paragraph from the AFI.

2.3.3. The Secretary of the Air Force has authorized a BAH waiver process for Airmen PCSing for 12 or fewer months to professional military education, technical training and career education. An Airman may request to receive station allowances based on dependent’s location, old PDS or new PDS, whichever is more equitable to the Airman. The Airman agrees to limited PCS allowances to include only personal/professional shipment equivalent to unaccompanied baggage and without-dependent rate dislocation allowance (DLA), temporary lodging allowance/expense (TLA/TLE), and per diem...

This should answer everything

zigzag
01-23-2012, 08:27 AM
hey nick who did you go through for your BAH waiver is it the MPF? I leave in 2 months and am trying to get this taken care of now but finance is clueless and are trying to only give me BAH Dif which is a big drop in what i should get based on where my dependant children are located.

zigzag
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
also for the BAH waiver does there need to be a justification or just the plain old statemet that is in the AFI about agree not to take such and such allowances? MPF still has no clue as to what a BAH waiver is but told me to get it signed off on by my commander and they will take care if it

Nickbeam
01-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah you'll do the BAH waiver through the MPF. You'll need to write a MFR with the Air Force letter head and all that jazz. This is what you need to put.

MEMORANDUM FOR MPF/S Career Development Element

FROM: UNIT/OFFICE SYMBOL (SSGT JOHN H. JONES, DSN NUMBER)

SUBJECT: BAH Waiver Request for Retraining

This memorandum (E-Mail) contains FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY information which must be protected under the Privacy Act and AFI 33-332.

I, (rank, first name, last name, SSAN) request BAH policy waiver to receive BAH at the with dependent rate based on (dependents location, previous duty station, or current duty station [whichever is applicable]). I agree to use only limited PCS allowances to include without dependent rate dislocation allowance (DLA), temporary lodging expense/allowance (TLE/TLA), and per diem. I further agree that my shipping allowance is limited to the unaccompanied baggage weight allowance to include my professional books, papers, and equipment. My projected departure date to (new PDS) is (date).

SIGNATURE BLOCK

After you do your MFR and it's legit. Take it to the MPF and have them scan and email it to housing.waivers@pentagon.af.mil (RSS - Housing waivers) <---on the global . Mine only took a few days to get signed and approved. Once you have that you'll need to get your orders amended to state the with holdment of the DLA and all that stuff. Email me your portal email at nickbeam02@hotmail.com and i'll give you what they put in my amendment. I made the guy copy and paste it at the MPF.

Nickbeam
01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh and it has nothing to do with your commander. All you need to do is that letter head and tell the personnelist on how to do their job (email to that address). It amazes me how I dealt with numerous people at the MPF and nobody knew what to do. I found one guy who could help and he works at Goodfellow. What base are you at? Just tell them you work with someone that did one last year and this is what they had to do. No commander signature just your MFR and email. Than after that you'll do the amendment....word

aalders
01-23-2012, 09:16 PM
just a heads up for anyone wanting to do a DITTY move. If you do a BAH waver you can only move 300lb or so of weight. you might make more money not doing a BAH waver and doing a full or partial DITTY. Your talking $2000 DLA and for me from Delaware to here was $5000 for my household goods. plus travel pay. Then you get to do it all over again when you graduate.

Nickbeam
01-23-2012, 11:50 PM
It's harder if you own a house though. That's the only reason i'm doing the BAH waiver. I'm coming right back to Hurby when I graduate anyways. Did your class start already or are you about to start?

aalders
01-23-2012, 11:56 PM
yeah if your coming right back then its a good option. I started last week.

Nickbeam
01-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Cool, my class date is feb 9, so I'll be showing up next weekend.

aalders
01-24-2012, 12:15 AM
very nice. 1n1a or b?

Nickbeam
01-24-2012, 12:18 AM
A, and you? How are you liking everything so far?

aalders
01-24-2012, 12:22 AM
A. Its sweet so far, first week is alot of stuff for the new pipe-liners though

Nickbeam
01-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Sounds good, my wife and daughter are staying back so i'll need something to keep me busy. Any other prior service in your class, and what did you retrain out of? Just curious

aalders
01-24-2012, 12:28 AM
yeah there is 6 of us in my class. i retrained out of 2A553C maintenance

Nickbeam
01-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Isnt that EW? I'm AGE right now, atleast for another week. Lol, thats a crap load of prior service in one class.

aalders
01-24-2012, 12:36 AM
yeah i was EW. Yeah but its cool because your not supposed to fraternize with the pipe-liners so i gives you some people to hang out with outside of work

Nickbeam
01-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah thats awesome. Well good talkin to you and good luck.

aalders
01-24-2012, 12:46 AM
where do you plan on staying when your here?

Nickbeam
01-24-2012, 01:17 AM
I'll be staying in the dorms since i have a BAH waiver

Danny87
01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know if the dorms are close to the school house? Also how are the gym/dinning facilities? I'm an A shred andmy class date is 21 May and i will be down there early may, can't wait. Hope there are some priors in my class.

aalders
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
you can walk to class if that's what your asking. From what i have heard the dining facility is alright, it has its good and bad days. there is also a subway, burger king and a a pizza place. the commissary also sells fresh deli sandwiches and salads

zigzag
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
It's harder if you own a house though. That's the only reason i'm doing the BAH waiver. I'm coming right back to Hurby when I graduate anyways. Did your class start already or are you about to start?

your at hurlbert field? Nice looks like we will be working together if so, i also got picked up A shred. Oh and thanks for the info i sent exactly what you sent me to my outbound assignments person and im glad i did she was about to send it to the wrong place.

Kara398
02-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know if the dorms are close to the school house? Also how are the gym/dinning facilities? I'm an A shred andmy class date is 21 May and i will be down there early may, can't wait. Hope there are some priors in my class.

I have a class date of 21 May as well.

zigzag
02-15-2012, 01:24 PM
may 7th anyone?

andrew1986
02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
We'll be there together zig... curious to see if anyone else will be joining us?

zigzag
02-15-2012, 03:16 PM
yeah would be good to have a good group of prior service there.....i remember when i was in tech school there was only one prior service guy the rest graduated he had a long boring time lol

Tizzle495
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Hey all quick question. I went stat 5 for b shred Feb 7 and still waiting on a class date. Its starting to scare me. How long did it normally take everybody else to go stat 6. I am tempted to call the afpc or the school house to see if there is anything wrong. Very very excited. B shred is like the perfect job for me since I'm curently ammo. Just hope all goes well.

zigzag
02-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Hey all quick question. I went stat 5 for b shred Feb 7 and still waiting on a class date. Its starting to scare me. How long did it normally take everybody else to go stat 6. I am tempted to call the afpc or the school house to see if there is anything wrong. Very very excited. B shred is like the perfect job for me since I'm curently ammo. Just hope all goes well.

took me about 3 weeks

yomanalo
02-22-2012, 03:12 PM
My class date is June 5! Pretty excited to start a new career and get out of supply. Has anyone received a follow-on assignment before they got to tech school? I didn't apply for a BOP and I'm just waiting to hear something. I read on AFPC that you could get a follow-on up to 120 days from your class start date. Would be nice to know where I'll be going so that I can get the family prepared for the move.

hazey486925
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I will be starting school on May 7th as well.

zigzag
02-29-2012, 05:14 AM

check your messages

yomanalo
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Looks like a few people starting May 7th.. Hopefully I'm not the only prior heading there in June!

Tizzle495
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Can anybody pm with schoolhouse contact information?

andrew1986
03-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Woohoo! 3 of us so far!

smadley
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Why is July 18th taking so long....lol. Hoping to hear from some non-priors for that class.

Impossibru
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Aug 22 here 1n1b. Who else will be there?

Just wanted to ad that I went into code5 Dec 7 but it took until Feb 28 to give me a class date. So if you haven't gotten a class date and its only been a few weeks sometimes it can take a long time. AFPC was no help either i called and emailed them dozens of times and they kept trying to get me in contact with someone who works retraining but they were "not available" every time i called.

smith7173
03-06-2012, 12:25 AM
I am waiting on word from AFPC on approval to be a 1N1X1A, and have questions!! i have done as much research as i could to see what it is 1N1X1A does, but would like to hear it from the people currently in the AFSC. i also would like to know what the tech school is like going through as a prior and what the area is like also. Any info on this would really help!

cmwolf
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I see alot of May, June class dates. Is anyone starting 1N111A 3 July? These next few months are going to fly by.

For the people who are there or soon to be, what is the housing situation like down there? I think I will be looking for an inexpensive place since it will only be a few months. Any info would be great. Thanks. Wolf

yomanalo
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I see alot of May, June class dates. Is anyone starting 1N111A 3 July? These next few months are going to fly by.

For the people who are there or soon to be, what is the housing situation like down there? I think I will be looking for an inexpensive place since it will only be a few months. Any info would be great. Thanks. Wolf

I just talked to the dorm manager out there to get some info on the NCO rooms and availability. Wanted to know just in case I needed to start reserving an apartment or not. He said that the NCO dorms are first come, first serve but people always come and go so it's constantly changing. I asked about options off base and he said as long as there is a room available in the dorms, we are required to stay on base unless coming accompanied. Not sure if there is a way around this or what others have done but I'm thinking if you're paying for a place out-of-pocket they probably wouldn't care where you stay.

Also, he said that NCO rooms have a small fridge and microwave but no kitchen so if you're staying in one its probably a good idea to be on a meal card.

If anyone is actually there now or have been through it already, some more info would be great!

smith7173
03-09-2012, 01:54 AM
How long did it take to get approved after your submitted your retrain application to afpc

tonio321
03-10-2012, 12:07 AM
I just talked to the dorm manager out there to get some info on the NCO rooms and availability. Wanted to know just in case I needed to start reserving an apartment or not. He said that the NCO dorms are first come, first serve but people always come and go so it's constantly changing. I asked about options off base and he said as long as there is a room available in the dorms, we are required to stay on base unless coming accompanied. Not sure if there is a way around this or what others have done but I'm thinking if you're paying for a place out-of-pocket they probably wouldn't care where you stay.

Also, he said that NCO rooms have a small fridge and microwave but no kitchen so if you're staying in one its probably a good idea to be on a meal card.

If anyone is actually there now or have been through it already, some more info would be great!

This is something they just implemented as far as E6's and below having to stay in the dorm. There have been multiple reasons cited including the accident with an Airman in January:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/jan/11/goodfellow-bicyclist-seriously-injured-in-early/

As well as available space in the dorms. I am in the dorms now and theyre not extremely bad. You do have a small fridge and microwave, otherwise you will have to eat out and that gets a little costly. I don't have a room mate in my room but there are two beds and I know some folks do end up with room mates, if that is the case this living situation would suck and I'd do all I could to stay off base. Sharing the bathroom with another room is enough for me.

If you have any specific questions I'll answer them.

yomanalo
03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
How long did it take to get approved after your submitted your retrain application to afpc

I actually had a different retraining package for the first two months then decided to pull that one and resubmit for 1N1X1A and 1N1X1B on my last chance with the board. It was crazy because I actually got disapproved for not being high enough on the rack and stack. I was disappointed and called AFPC to figure out the reason why and they ended up finding out that the board was only seeing two of my EPRs. So the guy at AFPC ended up just approving me on the spot since I should have been approved to begin with.

So basically I waited for the entire 3 months for no reason! But I'm glad that it all worked out and now I'm just waiting to head out to Goodfellow.

yomanalo
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
This is something they just implemented as far as E6's and below having to stay in the dorm. There have been multiple reasons cited including the accident with an Airman in January:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/jan/11/goodfellow-bicyclist-seriously-injured-in-early/

As well as available space in the dorms. I am in the dorms now and theyre not extremely bad. You do have a small fridge and microwave, otherwise you will have to eat out and that gets a little costly. I don't have a room mate in my room but there are two beds and I know some folks do end up with room mates, if that is the case this living situation would suck and I'd do all I could to stay off base. Sharing the bathroom with another room is enough for me.

If you have any specific questions I'll answer them.

Thanks for the info! Sad to know that she would only be paying a $375 fine for seriously injuring someone.. I actually wouldn't mind staying in the dorms as long as I don't have a roommate. There's a way to get on meal card right? I would rather take a pay cut instead of having to eat out all the time and probably spending even more money.

Tizzle495
03-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Got my class date! 25 july starting fundies. Anyone else starting around this time? Anyone else starting around this time??

Just got my class dates of 25 Jul brother!

tonio321
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info! Sad to know that she would only be paying a $375 fine for seriously injuring someone.. I actually wouldn't mind staying in the dorms as long as I don't have a roommate. There's a way to get on meal card right? I would rather take a pay cut instead of having to eat out all the time and probably spending even more money.

I believe there is a way to get on the meal card.. when I went to the DFAC a few days ago I paid cash and the lady there said there was a way to do it, but I am not personally sure.

smith7173
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I actually had a different retraining package for the first two months then decided to pull that one and resubmit for 1N1X1A and 1N1X1B on my last chance with the board. It was crazy because I actually got disapproved for not being high enough on the rack and stack. I was disappointed and called AFPC to figure out the reason why and they ended up finding out that the board was only seeing two of my EPRs. So the guy at AFPC ended up just approving me on the spot since I should have been approved to begin with.

So basically I waited for the entire 3 months for no reason! But I'm glad that it all worked out and now I'm just waiting to head out to Goodfellow.

At least your approved! do you or anyone else know about how to try and get to europe orders out of the tech school??? i am desperately trying to get over there!!! and there has got to be a way besides 'the luck of the draw'

smith7173
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
does anyone know how to get doers to europe (usafe) out of the school house form tech school!? i am really wanting to go, very badly, and there has got to be a way besides 'luck of the draw'. does anyone no someone that can help at all!?

andrew1986
03-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Proofread, my friend!

does anyone know how to get doers to europe (usafe) out of the school house form tech school!? i am really wanting to go, very badly, and there has got to be a way besides 'luck of the draw'. does anyone no someone that can help at all!?

Danny87
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Got my BOP....going to Langley!!! Now I can relax, no cannon for me...at least for now.

yomanalo
03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I believe there is a way to get on the meal card.. when I went to the DFAC a few days ago I paid cash and the lady there said there was a way to do it, but I am not personally sure.

I hope so because it would save me some cash! I would rather cook my own food but I guess I can put up with the DFAC for a few months..

yomanalo
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
At least your approved! do you or anyone else know about how to try and get to europe orders out of the tech school??? i am desperately trying to get over there!!! and there has got to be a way besides 'the luck of the draw'

Don't think there's much of a way to get what you want unless you submit a BOP or know the person thats cutting your orders. It really comes down to manning at each location and from what I know BOPs only work for CONUS assignments.

zigzag
04-05-2012, 06:50 AM
heading out tomorrow should be in san angelo friday evening time flew by

Nickbeam
04-08-2012, 03:21 AM
I see a lot of messages about meal cards, keep your BAS because the chow hall blows. Ive been here 2 months and went my first 3 days. That was enough for me. Buy a 2 burner at wal mart and $10 pot and a skillet. You'll be surprised how much you can make with that.

Nickbeam
04-08-2012, 03:29 AM
And as far as roommates, for the past couple of weeks theyve been rooming people up. This past week a E-6 got roomed up with a E-5. You can also get roomed up with the army. Just depends when you get here i guess.

zigzag
04-08-2012, 01:53 PM
And as far as roommates, for the past couple of weeks theyve been rooming people up. This past week a E-6 got roomed up with a E-5. You can also get roomed up with the army. Just depends when you get here i guess.

yea really hoping this doesnt happen with me hopefully there will be enough people outbound or if i do end up with one its someone that is on the way out

codyjamesp
04-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I am starting Fundies on 24 july, I am a married SrA will be sewing on SSgt in august, The wife is going home while I head over to tech school. If anyone is going to be there around my time I am looking for a room mate or two... San Angelo Place is pretty dang nice, and if we split a 2-3 bedroom we could keep personal rent around 3-350.

If anyone is interested just Message me!

I will be in the 1n1x1B shred class.

codyjamesp
04-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Aug 22 here 1n1b. Who else will be there?

Just wanted to ad that I went into code5 Dec 7 but it took until Feb 28 to give me a class date. So if you haven't gotten a class date and its only been a few weeks sometimes it can take a long time. AFPC was no help either i called and emailed them dozens of times and they kept trying to get me in contact with someone who works retraining but they were "not available" every time i called.

Is the 22nd when class starts or is that for fundies?

zigzag
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
well getting inprocessed, no dorm room hope to hear something before thursday because i go on leave until the 2nd and wanted to leave some stuff here. Hope i dont get stuck with a room mate and if i do hope its someone who is short here

zigzag
04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
okay housing just called me i have a room ill be bunked with someone but they will be trying to get everyone back in a room by themselves soon. So hopefully when i get back from leave ill have a room to myself

andrew1986
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm leaving Tampa on the 24th. Should be there on the 28th around mid day. Going to inprocess and then look for a place for my wife and I to stay. How's the local area so far?

okay housing just called me i have a room ill be bunked with someone but they will be trying to get everyone back in a room by themselves soon. So hopefully when i get back from leave ill have a room to myself

zigzag
04-10-2012, 05:26 AM
I'm leaving Tampa on the 24th. Should be there on the 28th around mid day. Going to inprocess and then look for a place for my wife and I to stay. How's the local area so far?

Ive been to sheppard so this isnt too bad haha. There is more here than i thought there would be though. Plenty of places offbase to grab some food not so much on base though. Got my room today forced to room with an army guy dorm manager said they are trying to get the wing king to let e6's and below offbase again. Guess something happened and he made all e6s and below live onbase. Dorm manager insisted they are trying to get that changed recommeneded talking to the shirt about it which i will be doing tomorrow. Room is desent for one person no where near good enough for two.

zigzag
04-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Another heads up to everyone just in processed finance today and if you are living in the dorms which now you have to if you are an E6 and below unaccompanied because of an incident off base you have to be on a meal card. They are really following the regs here now, well, the wing king is enforcing them more now. Dorm manager is still saying they are pushing to get us offbase so we can be in single living quarters on base. He also said there is a big graduation class coming up soon so hopefully that will help, the rooms arent bad at all for one person.

Kara398
04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Can anyone tell me the process to inprocess? Are we just supposed to show up and inprocess the base? How do we go about inprocessing the training Sq?

Impossibru
04-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Is the 22nd when class starts or is that for fundies?

Aug 22 is my Projected Course Start Date

Impossibru
04-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Can anyone tell me the process to inprocess? Are we just supposed to show up and inprocess the base? How do we go about inprocessing the training Sq?

id like to know this too.

coubaum
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM

Start at the casuals office in the Squadron building for a checklist and that will direct you where you will need to go around base to inprocess. It takes about three days. I arrived a week before my class started and it worked out for me. There are a few things that you will turn in the first day of class like pt test scores and ADLS certificates. Hope this helps!

Masonjar
04-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Anyone else starting 3 July, coming alone and planning on staying in the dorms? Since it sounds like E-6's have roommates it would at least be nice to room with someone that you are going to school with and share a common interest. If someone is interested in doing this send me a message and I will make some calls to see if this is possible. If you are coming alone, do you have any tips on the whole leaving your family behind thing? We had a last minute change in plans so I have to get my TMO canceled, orders amended and a BAH waiver. If there is something that I am missing let me know.

zigzag
04-23-2012, 03:45 AM

pretty much what everyone told you. I dragged mine out for 3 days then took leave, they give you 3 days to finish it up. The causal office is in the school house building lobby they will give you the check list that outlines everything you need to do. Base is small so its not hard to find everything. When is your class date?

Kara398
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
pretty much what everyone told you. I dragged mine out for 3 days then took leave, they give you 3 days to finish it up. The causal office is in the school house building lobby they will give you the check list that outlines everything you need to do. Base is small so its not hard to find everything. When is your class date?

My class date is 21 May. My RNLTD is 18 May, I'm planning on starting in processing on 14 May, surely I can get everything done by then.

rich182x
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey, you left from Spangdahlem, right? I talked to Outbound assignments and they said Goodfellow would be cutting my orders. Is that what you did? Maybe I told them the wrong thing, I said it was a PCS, but they insisted it was a TDY enroute of PCS. I don't really know what to do. I called the number on the rip and they say its Spang's job to cut the orders. Whats your story?

Another heads up to everyone just in processed finance today and if you are living in the dorms which now you have to if you are an E6 and below unaccompanied because of an incident off base you have to be on a meal card. They are really following the regs here now, well, the wing king is enforcing them more now. Dorm manager is still saying they are pushing to get us offbase so we can be in single living quarters on base. He also said there is a big graduation class coming up soon so hopefully that will help, the rooms arent bad at all for one person.

rich182x
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Alright, another Aug, 22! I have been posting for about a year waiting for someone to say they were going to start class with me!

Aug 22 is my Projected Course Start Date

Retired Toad
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Wow! This thread just will not die!!!

zigzag
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey, you left from Spangdahlem, right? I talked to Outbound assignments and they said Goodfellow would be cutting my orders. Is that what you did? Maybe I told them the wrong thing, I said it was a PCS, but they insisted it was a TDY enroute of PCS. I don't really know what to do. I called the number on the rip and they say its Spang's job to cut the orders. Whats your story?

yea its on them to cut your orders dont listen to them its a PCS not a TDY enroute its over 6 months. They did the same shit with me and finally figured it out, is SrA Edwards still working in there? She handled my PCS and should know what to do.

zigzag
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
just talk to the dorm manager everyone has their own room now dont know why my old room mate didnt call me smh

smadley
05-02-2012, 10:07 PM
To Kaawa808,
Hello I got your PM but it will not let me reply to you. I even tried to build a new PM but it says your username doesn't exists. Anyways, glad to here there is another July 18 prior service and thanks for contacting me. Contact me again if you want I will keep monitoring the site. Time is almost here...TG

rich182x
05-03-2012, 05:29 AM
yea its on them to cut your orders dont listen to them its a PCS not a TDY enroute its over 6 months. They did the same shit with me and finally figured it out, is SrA Edwards still working in there? She handled my PCS and should know what to do.

Yeah, she was the one that told me all this garbage. I hope they get it done right.

Kegler
05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, she was the one that told me all this garbage. I hope they get it done right.

Rich...quit hoping. That will get you nowhere. It may not be your job...but it is your life and career. Do a little research. Read 36-2110 para 4.6. Print that page. Highlight "Conversely, when an Airman will attend a course (or courses) at one location and the official length of the course(s) is 20 weeks or more, then the Airman will attend in PCS status." Then, print Table 4.1 with the notes and highlight Note 2 "2. For courses of 20 weeks or more, members will attend in PCS status." Then, go to the ETCA, print the page that shows the course length and highlight that. It has nothing to do with over 6 months as people have stated. It is the number of weeks the course officially is scheduled for as stated in the ETCA. Take the highlighted page into your Outbound assignments and ask "You say TDY...the AFI states PCS...can you please tell me which one it really is so I can plan". Be nice...if your SrA still gives you the TDY answer...ask to see the NCOIC. When it comes to your life and career...sometimes you have to research the "other" persons job too.

zigzag
05-06-2012, 02:49 PM

wow she seriously just did my orders smh

spate47
06-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Class date of 1 August. That package took FOREVER to go all the way through. Whew.

spate47
06-08-2012, 12:41 PM
How far in advance were/are you guys calling to verify dorm vacancy and such?

BENDER56
06-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Oops. When I replied to the Sensor Operator Retraining thread to bring it back to page 1, I knocked the Imagery Analysis Retrain thread to page 2.

This is hard.

Nickbeam
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
You can make a billeting reservation a year out for your first night and that doesnt matter. I had a reservation along with others from my class and when i got here they didnt have a room for me so i had to stay off base at a comfort suites. As far as your dorm room goes, its first come first serve. Right now the dorms are over filled so they are offering people to move off base. If you are single do this because if you live in the dorms they will take your BAS and make you eat in the crappy chow hall. Theres 1 chow hall for over 1000 air force, army, navy, and marine students so they cook everything fast. Hope that answers your question.

MichaelGibson0784
06-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Class date of 1 August. That package took FOREVER to go all the way through. Whew.

I start class the same day.

spate47
06-10-2012, 03:11 PM
What AFSC are you coming from?

spate47
06-10-2012, 03:13 PM
So just call the casual room and let them know I am inbound pretty soon?

MichaelGibson0784
06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
What AFSC are you coming from?

2S0X1, and yourself?

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Just show up 3 days prior to your class start date. The casual office will give you your in-processing checklist. It only takes about a day but just make it take 3.

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Just show up 3 days till. Calling wont do anything

MichaelGibson0784
06-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Just show up 3 days till. Calling wont do anything

we can also show up a few weeks early and they will have us just helping around the school house till our class dates starts. What bases did everyone put on their dream sheet?

spate47
06-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Sounds good. So if (and IF the dorms are full) then just jump through all the hoops to find a shack off base? Thanks again for the help! I would show early but I gotta wedding to take part in the Saturday before I show up so sort of ruined my plans of arriving early.

2A354B. So ready to be done with the flight-line.

MichaelGibson0784
06-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Sounds good. So if (and IF the dorms are full) then just jump through all the hoops to find a shack off base? Thanks again for the help! I would show early but I gotta wedding to take part in the Saturday before I show up so sort of ruined my plans of arriving early.

2A354B. So ready to be done with the flight-line.

I am going to be showing up a few weeks early, that way I can get out of my supply job here and roam around Texas before school starts.

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah spate im not sure when you get here but if its in the next few weeks you should be able to live off base. We were just told this week if we wanted to move off base let them know. No good for me because im leaving soon. Yeah if you get here early and do casual work its cake. Its not like youll get paid any different. Theres a few guys here that have been on casual status since i got here 4 months ago

spate47
06-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Well I am wondering if I may just try to go ahead and report around the First week of July. I wouldn't mind doing casuals for a few weeks. My brother's wedding is in Dallas the last weekend of July, I bet if I talked to them they would let me take a few days of leave, huh? That way I can go ahead and not worry about housing or anything for July around here

spate47
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Where are you coming from Gibson?

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah you should be able to take a few days of leave before your class start date.

spate47
06-10-2012, 09:57 PM
So no need to worry about calling, just show up after I out-process here? I have come to learn sometimes over thinking things with some people doesn't really pay off.

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah just show up, Lt's run the casual office. While you're in processing (take 3 days) they will tell u to sign in around 7 in the morning and on that sheet just put in-processing. They will tell you everything you need to know. Its pretty easy and straight forward

spate47
06-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Sounds good. How has class been for you so far? Enjoying the metropolis of San Angelo? Ha

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Class i alright. Boring at first, but im just about out of here. San angelo is a lot better than wichita falls if you were at sheppard. Could be a lot worse, but there is a lot of good food in this area.

spate47
06-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I was definitely at Sheppard. I love both towns though, but then again I am from South TX. Tons of good food, good hunting, and good people out that way. Wheres your follow on to?

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Going back to hurlburt.

spate47
06-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh cool cool. Excited about that? I would kill to end up in Fl.

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah i cant complain. Ive lived in florida my whole life. And its a real nice area. Plus i own my house and am settled there so i wont be starting fresh in the area

spate47
06-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Sounds like you lucked out with that gig then, huh? Any other tips or tricks for Goodfellow?

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Yeh i got lucky. Cant really think of any tips or tricks, just keep busy after hours and time will fly.

spate47
06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
So we can get our follow on to quite a few different bases I take it?

Nickbeam
06-10-2012, 11:30 PM
There really isnt that many. You can check ams on the portal and that gives you the base listing for afsc's

spate47
06-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Rog. What career field did you come from?

usafbpaulson
06-13-2012, 12:00 AM
August 12 Class date can not wait

spate47
06-13-2012, 03:20 AM
August is definitely closing in fast. Where are you coming from Paulson?

isthatadeadcat
06-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Went status 5 last Friday, how long was the wait for a class date?

Logic8807
06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I just went status 6 for SO. What are the primary differences between that job and this one?

MichaelGibson0784
06-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Where are you coming from Gibson?

Langley AFB Virginia

usafbpaulson
06-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Nellis AFB, Las Vegas

isthatadeadcat
06-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Got my class date today 12 Oct 12, but its odd because im overseas witha DEROS of July 13 i didnt realize they would cut 10 months off my DEROS.

rich182x
06-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Looking on AMS and other forums online, I am curious to see what bases I will be authorized. Will I be filling a 3-level slot, or being a SSgt am I eligible for 5 an 7-level slots? I have heard of both situations, but can’t seem to find an AFI pertaining to this.

jrinder
06-29-2012, 08:32 PM
The AFI that you are looking for is 36-2110. It says that retrainees are assigned based on grade (not skill level). Because of this, a SSgt is eligible for a level 5.

isthatadeadcat
07-05-2012, 09:08 AM
So I had a class date of Oct 12 that I was just notified that my assignement was cancelled and my class date was to be rescheduled. Im overseas have already recvied an assignement and have been out processing. I was just waiting for a DEROS curtialment so my DEROS would match up to my class date. Has anyone dealt with this beofre or have any knowledge that might help me to get my class date back?

rich182x
07-30-2012, 09:12 PM
GREAT! I leave to retrain into 1n1B on August 19th. One of the reasons most people decide to retrain is because these slots are critically manned and want to serve their country in these slots. Another big reason is because of the bonus, and now that's being taken away from most?! Many enlist to also get the benefit of receiving free healthcare for the duration of their enlistment and longer for retirees. With Obamacare coming into affect, what incentives are there other than serving honorably? Enlisted is the last place money should be taken away and it will be shown with reduction of ranks leaving for the civilian sector. Nice job, I see a draft coming when the next war hits...

http://www.ramstein.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123311474

Tizzle495
07-31-2012, 09:19 PM
GREAT! I leave to retrain into 1n1B on August 19th. One of the reasons most people decide to retrain is because these slots are critically manned and want to serve their country in these slots. Another big reason is because of the bonus, and now that's being taken away from most?! Many enlist to also get the benefit of receiving free healthcare for the duration of their enlistment and longer for retirees. With Obamacare coming into affect, what incentives are there other than serving honorably? Enlisted is the last place money should be taken away and it will be shown with reduction of ranks leaving for the civilian sector. Nice job, I see a draft coming when the next war hits...

http://www.ramstein.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123311474

This sounds like the disgruntled rants of somebody who thinks they aren't getting a bonus. If people are cross training for the bonus and it goes away I say they get what they deserve. I prefer people working with people that like their job and not just collecting a paycheck. Also how would their be a draft for the next war if we are currently overmanned? That is what that means when a bonus goes away, that a career field is no longer critically manned.

Bigduds
07-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey all, i'm currently in the 1n1B class, about halfway through. if anyone has any questions hit me up. i'm a single tech so family stuff i'm not as smart on but all of the priors in my class and most of the other classes have BAH waivers (approved at their previous base), i know that is usually the hot topic here.

Bigduds
07-31-2012, 09:24 PM
This sounds like the disgruntled rants of somebody who thinks they aren't getting a bonus. If people are cross training for the bonus and it goes away I say they get what they deserve. I prefer people working with people that like their job and not just collecting a paycheck. Also how would their be a draft for the next war if we are currently overmanned? That is what that means when a bonus goes away, that a career field is no longer critically manned.

I'm not passing judgement either way in this bonus discussion, just that according to AFI 36-2606 4.15 states that you are locked in to the SRB that was active when you received OFFICIAL notification of approved retrain...so it was a 4 zone C for 1n1B last aug when i was approved so i'm locked in at that multiplier when I grad.. CAVEAT-it only applies to folks that are eligible to re-enlist within 30days of their grad date

Impossibru
08-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm not passing judgement either way in this bonus discussion, just that according to AFI 36-2606 4.15 states that you are locked in to the SRB that was active when you received OFFICIAL notification of approved retrain...so it was a 4 zone C for 1n1B last aug when i was approved so i'm locked in at that multiplier when I grad.. CAVEAT-it only applies to folks that are eligible to re-enlist within 30days of their grad date

+1 on that i was going to look it up myself but you did the hard work for me :) PMing you with questions. I'm B shred too I'll be there later this month

smadley
08-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Another thing about those retraining and aren't in their normal window to re-enlist during those 30 days after graduation to grab the bonus that was there when you got selected for retraining, If you had to extend to accept retraining you should be good. AFI 36-2626 5.3 states that you have the right to canx your ext as long as you didn't enter it. That still applies if you only had to ext for a few months. Also you ext paperwork should have a box that you initialed at the bottom saying the same thing. I took mine to the MPS here and they agreed that was correct. Gotta love finding loopholes in AFI's.

Cnflnever
08-04-2012, 03:25 PM
just got my status 5 for A shred. Anyone heard if Schriever is a decent place?

Tak
08-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Colorado springs is amazing, I was there 3 1/2 years...
I highly recommend Schriever.

usafdrew
08-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Can anyone shed some light as to whether MacDill is an assignment for 1N1X1A? Retraining under NCORP and would like to BOP there. AMS enlisted auth doesn't list it, but THRMIS enlisted manning shows a bunch of 1N1X1As there.

leaveit2josh
08-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Hey everyone. Was clearing out old emails and came across one from this site. Anyway, I've been a 1N1X1A for a little over 2 years now, stationed at Beale. Was a prior 2M0X2...I remember how helpful this website was to me when I was retraining...figured I'd pay it forward. I'm now an Imagery Mission Supervisor with a deployment as a 1N down. Anybody have any questions they want answered?

leaveit2josh
08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Can anyone shed some light as to whether MacDill is an assignment for 1N1X1A? Retraining under NCORP and would like to BOP there. AMS enlisted auth doesn't list it, but THRMIS enlisted manning shows a bunch of 1N1X1As there.

Yes it is. Very hard to come by though.

usafdrew
08-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Hmmm...just figured out that if I do get picked up for this job, I will most likely not be getting the bonus :mad:

If someone could care to agree or tell me otherwise, here's my situation:

I'm 2nd term/career Airman and my 2nd enlistment was for 4 yrs & 5 months. I extended 28 months for Post-9/11 GI Bill transfer which put my DOS at Sep 2013. This means I only have 20 months left to extend on current enlistment. If I have to get 36 months retainability for retrain, there's no way I can do that without reenlisting. Obviously, if I'd have known I would be forced to retrain back in 2008 when I did TEB, I would have reenlisted instead. I see where the whole 36 month CDA thing was talked about earlier in this thread by ihatemyjob and his "work around" to that. Even if I don't mention retrain to my MPE and just get PCS retainabilty to Goodfellow, I will still need retainability for the PCS out of tech school. Then I will have to reenlist before graduation and miss out on the bonus as well.

You know I think between the AFI waiving the CDA requirement only for FTA/CAREERS and then said CDA list cannot be found anywhere, seems like AF is trying to screw the career Airmen in some way.

smadley
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Hmmm...just figured out that if I do get picked up for this job, I will most likely not be getting the bonus :mad:

If someone could care to agree or tell me otherwise, here's my situation:

I'm 2nd term/career Airman and my 2nd enlistment was for 4 yrs & 5 months. I extended 28 months for Post-9/11 GI Bill transfer which put my DOS at Sep 2013. This means I only have 20 months left to extend on current enlistment. If I have to get 36 months retainability for retrain, there's no way I can do that without reenlisting. Obviously, if I'd have known I would be forced to retrain back in 2008 when I did TEB, I would have reenlisted instead. I see where the whole 36 month CDA thing was talked about earlier in this thread by ihatemyjob and his "work around" to that. Even if I don't mention retrain to my MPE and just get PCS retainabilty to Goodfellow, I will still need retainability for the PCS out of tech school. Then I will have to reenlist before graduation and miss out on the bonus as well.

You know I think between the AFI waiving the CDA requirement only for FTA/CAREERS and then said CDA list cannot be found anywhere, seems like AF is trying to screw the career Airmen in some way.

I think you still have a chance...when do you grad school? Yes you would need retainability to PCS out from GF but they will waiver you that says you promise to re-up the day after you grad so you can grab the bonus and still get your orders for leaving school.

usafdrew
08-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I think you still have a chance...when do you grad school? Yes you would need retainability to PCS out from GF but they will waiver you that says you promise to re-up the day after you grad so you can grab the bonus and still get your orders for leaving school.

So you're talking about the "work around" where I just extend now to get retainability for tech school PCS, then again for PCS after grad? Except your saying through a waiver, instead of extending when I get orders I re-up after grad? I don't remember seeing that sort of thing in the assignments AFI. Although that's a long one so I could have overlooked it. BTW, I haven't even got a status on my application yet. Just stressing about this part already. However if I do get picked up, I'd say my class date could be as soon as Jan or as far as Sept 2013.

usafdrew
08-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Just found out today that since AFI 36-2626 updated 10 Aug that there is no more 36 month CDA requirement for ANY career field. Must be why the CDA list can't be found anywhere :doh At any rate, now I just have to have 24 months after tech school to accept retraining. This will still not likely be possible since I only have 20 months extension remaining and DOS is Sep 2013. Tech school roughly 6 months long so I'd have to get a class date this year :(

LockDown
08-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Hello everyone, i'm looking at crosstraining into Imagery Analysis and I had a few questions. Does anyone know the deployment rate for this AFSC? How often do they go and for how long? Another thing is how much work goes into building an intellegence report, that is if that is something you can talk about on here. And any other general info about it that would help me make up my mind. Thanks....

leaveit2josh
08-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Hello everyone, i'm looking at crosstraining into Imagery Analysis and I had a few questions. Does anyone know the deployment rate for this AFSC? How often do they go and for how long? Another thing is how much work goes into building an intellegence report, that is if that is something you can talk about on here. And any other general info about it that would help me make up my mind. Thanks....

We are enablers, so we don't belong to any normal AEF rotation...The deployments come up throughout the year. Length varies depending on tasking, just like any other AFSC; I went for 7 months last year. No specifics on length of time for report writing...but it doesn't take long AT ALL. Sorry I can't be more specific, but those types of questions I'm not comfortable answering on an open source forum.

jrinder
09-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Anyone starting class 12 October?

henry123
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Just went status 5, anybody else waiting on a class seat?

bwgberg
09-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Just went status 5, anybody else waiting on a class seat?

I'm in 5 also, waiting on that class date! Does anyone know how long the tech school is now? I keep hearing different things.

bwgberg
09-17-2012, 02:32 PM

I'm at Schriever right now as a cop. I just went to status 5 for A also.
Schriever isn't bad if you like cold and quiet! It's about a half our drive in any direction to get there.

henry123
09-17-2012, 04:24 PM
I was told 100-110 days. How long have you been status 5? I have been waiting for 4 weeks now.

bwgberg
09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I was told 100-110 days. How long have you been status 5? I have been waiting for 4 weeks now.

It's only been about two weeks.

Impossibru
09-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Im currently E-5 prior retraining into B shred living in the dorms. Send questions if you have any.

recon34
09-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Ok, have a couple of questions but will explain my situation first. I am a E-6 in retraining, commming from 3P051B into 1N1X1A. School date should be somewhere in April, am in status 5 waiting on class date but that is what the retraining office told me last time we talked. Am stationed in Colorado with wife and 3 kids.

1. How hard is it to get into the dorms? Family will be staying here so it will cost me more that a few pennies if I have to live off base. Is there someone that could help give some push in the area besides my own first shirt?
1a. If my family stays here and I take a dorm room, will I lose my BAH?
2. Is there anyway around either having BAS or a meal card? Would love to do both but can't see a way to do it.
3. Are the dorms close to the schoolhouse? Will be taking my POV but would love to save money on gas by riding a bike back and forth to class?
4. Do you know if it is possible to get a earlier school date than what is given by the retraining office? Am starting to work this process but could use some more help. Would love to get started a few months earlier than April.
4. Anything you wish you would have known/done different before going down there?

Thanks for any help you can give.

recon34
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM

I talked with the intel shop there and was told the 1N1X1A slots for there are going away very soon. I was really hoping to get one of those due to humanitarian reasons but oh well.

recon34
09-20-2012, 11:16 PM
One more question, who is the functional and contact info for 1N1X1A and is he/she aproachable? Just have a humanitarion issue coresponding with tech school date that they might be able to help out with.

bwgberg
09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Just got my class date for 1N1X1A, April!
No more 3P0X1 for me!

recon34
09-21-2012, 01:39 PM
No more 3P0X1 for me!

Congrats from a fellow cop. How long were you status 5? Also when exactly in April?

Impossibru
09-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Ok, have a couple of questions but will explain my situation first. I am a E-6 in retraining, commming from 3P051B into 1N1X1A. School date should be somewhere in April, am in status 5 waiting on class date but that is what the retraining office told me last time we talked. Am stationed in Colorado with wife and 3 kids.

1. How hard is it to get into the dorms? Family will be staying here so it will cost me more that a few pennies if I have to live off base. Is there someone that could help give some push in the area besides my own first shirt?
1a. If my family stays here and I take a dorm room, will I lose my BAH?
2. Is there anyway around either having BAS or a meal card? Would love to do both but can't see a way to do it.
3. Are the dorms close to the schoolhouse? Will be taking my POV but would love to save money on gas by riding a bike back and forth to class?
4. Do you know if it is possible to get a earlier school date than what is given by the retraining office? Am starting to work this process but could use some more help. Would love to get started a few months earlier than April.
4. Anything you wish you would have known/done different before going down there?

Thanks for any help you can give.

1. Easy to get into dorms. You just need to get with dorm management on base. Its a first come first serve basis. I got here a bout 10 days from my class date and was on the wait list for 9 days. Its possible you may wait longer or shorter but the AF will pay up to 10 days of lodging. E-6+ live in a different building then I do so I cant really tell the specifics on the rooms. I want to say they have kitchens but dont hold me to that. I'm E-5 and My room is decent size with a twin bed. I share a bathroom. I didnt talk to anyone before I got here. I'm pretty sure dorm managers will tell you basically what I did but I can try to get a number for them. Ill PM you it.
1a. I also have a family back at barksdale. I still receive Barksdale BAH and live in the dorms. Its double dipping but the system is there for guys like us. You need a BAH waiver in order to live in the dorms and continue to receive BAH. Your assignment section should be able to give you the correct MFR but I can type mine up and send it to you just let me know if you need it.
2. You will only receive BAS or meal card. I dont know for sure if you can get BAS while living in the dorms. Im on meal card. Chow hall sucks but its free, no mess, and I dont have to cook.
3. My dorms are close. Its a 15 minute walk for me. The E-6 dorms are on the other side of base but shouldnt be more than a 10 minute walk. Goodfellow is very very small. You can reach anywhere by walking in about 15 minutes.
4. Anything is possible but thats probably up to AFPC and your assignments section. Alpha shreds start pretty regularly but bravos are small and theyre harder to get full classes for. Thats why Bravo start dates are few and far between.
5. I cant think of anything else I wish I had known. Just get ready to get back into AETC and all the rules that comes with and the double standards are everywhere. The whole course is going through a rewrite it might be done by April so your experience may differ from mine.

Impossibru
09-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll try to get this info to you. Its friday now and I may forget over the weekend. :angel remind me Monday with a PM

Impossibru
09-21-2012, 08:52 PM
It's only been about two weeks.

I waited about 6-8 weeks

usafdrew
09-23-2012, 05:21 AM
No more 3P0X1 for me!

Gives me hope as I've been status 5 for almost 3 weeks now. did you start your clearance process while in stat 5?

henry123
09-26-2012, 04:49 PM
So you only waited for 2-3 weeks?

henry123
09-27-2012, 01:54 PM
If anyone else gets a class date please let me know. I have been waiting for 5 weeks and whoever answers the phones at AFPC are no help.

usafdrew
09-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Got my status 6 today with class starting in May :). I thought both classes were supposed to total around 6 months. Mine are a little less than 4 months total. This makes me wonder if the school is still a PCS. Going to open up the AFI and find out what the cutoff time is.

henry, I would say just be patient. AFPC has told me 6-8 weeks from status 5. They can't do much other than that since it's first come first serve based on who is your case worker there.

henry123
09-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Got my class date today also. Starting in May as well!! A load off of my shoulders!!

recon34
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Grr just found out yesterday that before I get my class date, I have to complete my interim TS. Was told at the begining of Status 5 that I would start that after I got my class date. The only reason I found this out is that it has been about 3 weeks since I heard something so I called. I could have had a class date by now!!! Errr!!

usafdrew
10-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Grr just found out yesterday that before I get my class date, I have to complete my interim TS. Was told at the begining of Status 5 that I would start that after I got my class date. The only reason I found this out is that it has been about 3 weeks since I heard something so I called. I could have had a class date by now!!! Errr!!

AFPC likes to jerk is around on this one as I too had the same question and was told 2 different answers. I have not started anything interim yet I received status 6, my pcs notification and class dates. Although you may be able to start your interim clearance now, it is not required for status 6.

ske4za
10-03-2012, 12:06 AM
AFPC likes to jerk is around on this one as I too had the same question and was told 2 different answers. I have not started anything interim yet I received status 6, my pcs notification and class dates. Although you may be able to start your interim clearance now, it is not required for status 6.

Correct - your security manager cannot start your investigation without a class date. On your rip it should state that you need to start your security stuff 10 days after notification of your class date. If you have a cool security manager you can have everything done beforehand, just can't submit until you are approved.

kRayZ1
10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Hello all. I was wondering did you guys apply for retraining before the NCORP or are you tagged to retrain because you fall under it? This question is for the CAREER guys. Thanks.

I been watching the advisory for the past 2 months and I am trying to get 1N1X1A or 1U0 and both are filling up quick and I still can't apply for another 3 weeks.

Idontfreakingknow
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
New here. Just got approved for a class seat in May. Will be meeting with MPF next week to discuss BAH waiver, retention letter for your family to stay in base housing-if allowed, and entitlements regarding this PCS action. I'll try to post as soon as I get some answers.

kRayZ1
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
New here. Just got approved for a class seat in May. Will be meeting with MPF next week to discuss BAH waiver, retention letter for your family to stay in base housing-if allowed, and entitlements regarding this PCS action. I'll try to post as soon as I get some answers.

Are you a FTA or CAREER?

firenomore
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
The info for all of your questions is somewhere in this thread. I posted on it because I had to go through it when I retrained in 2010. It's a simple and easy process (BAH Waiver), but you should get it done before you get to Goodfellow. No additional entitlements are given.

recon34
12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Update to my situation and need advice,

TSgt, RNLTD 26 Apr 12, Class date is 1 May 12, moving family with me. We do have a morgage and will be putting the house on the market 10 Jan 13. Here is the kicker, we might have a buyer now thru some friends. They will be moving in mid to late February. Now if that happens, it makes sense to me to just move down to Goodfellow then (begining of March) and do casuals which I would be totally ok with. Now the questions I have.

1. Does my plan make sense?
2. Does the squadron have tracking on inbounds? Meaning, could I check in with the Base and then just disappear till a couple of of days before class start? Heard that this loophole got closed a while back.
3. I did talk with the shirt in that personnel office for the squadron and he said not to show up more than 3 weeks before and if I did they would make me take leave and then do casuals. Does anyone have any experience with this and could give advice on how to proceed?

Thanks for any help that can be given.

recon34
02-07-2013, 03:32 AM
Update to the Class:

It looks like the course has changed in terms of length as I recieved a cancelation of my orders. It will now be below 100 days and according to AFI's, that would make it a TDY instead of a PCS. The schoolhouse does not know yet how this will turn out. I still have my original class date and have been told that will not change. Does anyone down there have any answers on this as it does affect my situation?

thaquaint1_RR
02-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Yea I got the same thing. I'm FTA and trying to wrap my head around all of this (first time TDY/PCS etc...) and no one knows anything to include some people at AFPC. Hopefully this thread picks back up soon because the info throughout the thread seems pretty dated due to Air Force changing things so often.

Cnflnever
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Dealing with a large pain at the moment since cancellation of orders because of the whole PCS to TDY change. Already shipped my household goods on the pcs orders, my orders were all cancelled and no one at MPF or AFPC seems to know what happens as far as shipping the car before or after the class ends or if they'll be sending me back to my previous station before shipping me on to my next duty station after class. You'd think office people would know their AFI's a little better. Anyone else dealt/dealing with this at the moment that knows what's going on?

Kane
06-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Hey,
I am looking into retraining into this filed is there anyone out there with a little instight on what it is like to be a 1N? Thanks for the help. -Kane

imported_chipotleboy
06-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Hey,
I am looking into retraining into this filed is there anyone out there with a little instight on what it is like to be a 1N? Thanks for the help. -Kane

Intel eats their young.

Best of luck

joshua.findlay
06-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Where's all the new 1N1's with updates? I'm about to submit my application for retraining into this field as well. I've read about 50 pages of this thread but there isn't a lot of info since the change from Imagery Analysis to Geospatial Intel Analyst. Anyone out there have updated info? Course length? TDY vs PCS? Possible Assignment locations? Etc......

RobotChicken
06-11-2013, 01:22 AM
:spy"You are on the right career path if you can figure all this BS out to get there and start!"

Jseph1978
08-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone. New here. Due to the NCOPE program I was randomly selected to mandatory retrain into 1N1 from Fuels. I was just relaxing at home on a week of leave and my boss called me in for the great news and a training rip with a class date in Apr '14. I don't really have a problem cross training, but I do have concerns about this job and bases following tech school. First of all, after a divorce 3yrs ago I have a few bad items on my credit profile. If I'm forthcoming of this and show my dispute letters to the credit bureaus will this disqualify me for a TS. Secondly, if I get thru that and the school do I try for 7lvl duty assignments since I'm a 7lvl now or 3lvl since I'm a 3lvl again? Thanks.

rich182x
08-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Hello everyone. New here. Due to the NCOPE program I was randomly selected to mandatory retrain into 1N1 from Fuels. I was just relaxing at home on a week of leave and my boss called me in for the great news and a training rip with a class date in Apr '14. I don't really have a problem cross training, but I do have concerns about this job and bases following tech school. First of all, after a divorce 3yrs ago I have a few bad items on my credit profile. If I'm forthcoming of this and show my dispute letters to the credit bureaus will this disqualify me for a TS. Secondly, if I get thru that and the school do I try for 7lvl duty assignments since I'm a 7lvl now or 3lvl since I'm a 3lvl again? Thanks.

Hi, and congrats on your retraining! As a forced retrainee you will not receive a bonus, I do not want you to be confused about that, whether you are a 1n1A or B. Secondly, the TS process is very simple. You have nothing to worry about, as long as you are forthright and honest. People who have been accused of murder have gotten a TS. Debt is, on the other hand, one of the biggest reasons TS's are denied so hopefully its not too great.
Next, as a staff sergeant you will be filling an NCO slot. That means a 5 or 7 level skill billet is up for grabs. On a side note, since you already have your 7 level you will be in upgrade training for your 5 level for 9 months, and only 6 months for your 7 level (no test here).

When I graduated from tech school the orders process was a bit lacked up. Its seemed like by the time we got our orders they were just passed out by alphabetical order. People who had Offutt on the DS got Seymour and visa versa. Hope this helps!