PDA

View Full Version : US Marine Corps an Orgy Palace of Stoned, Drunk, Horny Teens, New UCSF Study Suggests

sigecaps
01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/01/us_marines_orgy_palace_of_ston.php

UCSF scientists tested and surveyed 2,157 female U.S. Marine recruits -- out of 2,288 possible respondents -- with an average age of 19. Researchers found that the young women were more than twice as likely as non-military young women to be infected with venereal diseases. And the recruits were prone to engage in behaviors likely to get them sick again.

Way to go Marines. :rolleyes:

Gunny08
01-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Anything coming out of the San Francisco area which is in any way critical of military service must be treated with extreme skepticism especially if it comes from a university.

kenny10
01-07-2009, 03:44 AM
thats gotta be a damn joke

CSBurns
01-07-2009, 03:49 AM
First off, I really doubt the DoD would let a University test or survey these recruits, unless they were bootcamp dropouts.

More than likely just more anti military propaganda from California.

I just read the article over again and it seems they survey them BEFORE they go to bootcamp (unless I am redeading it wrong) this can skew the results with so many factors it makes this survey bogus. Not to mention it gives them the opportunity to spin the article to their point without being unbiased.....did we expect anything other than that though?

kenny10
01-07-2009, 04:00 AM
I think the article is a bunch of crap on a site kind of like the onion

sigecaps
01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
From June 1999 through June 2000, all young women (N = 2,288) enrolled in recruit training for the U.S. Marine Corps were invited to participate in either a cognitive-behavioral intervention to prevent acquisition of STIs and unintended pregnancies or a nutrition and fitness program (control intervention). Every woman that agreed to participate (n = 2,157 or 94.2%) in the study signed a written informed consent statement and received a copy of the Human Subjects Bill of Rights Statement in accordance with the institutional review boards of the Beaufort (South Carolina) Naval Hospital and the University of California, San Francisco. After study enrollment (within the first 2 weeks of recruit training), participants completed a self-administered questionnaire and were screened for C. trachomatis, N. gonorrhoeae, and Trichomonas vaginalis.

The results of this study reveal that a significant proportion of our group of non-health care-seeking, sexually active young women engaged in sexually risky behavior that resulted in a high rate of STI diagnosis upon entry into military recruit training. The rates for C. trachomatis (11.5%) and N. gonorrhoeae (2.4%) are considerably higher than the national surveillance rates for women 15 to 24 years old (5.6% and 0.9%, respectively) reported at the time these data were collected,1 and the overall STl rate (14.1%) is far above the highest value reported by any population-based study of adolescent and young women (8.0%) from the National Survey of Family Growth.

http://tinyurl.com/7xkvac

Gunny08
01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Absolutely, I can just see an entire Series marched into a classroom during the first 2 weeks to fill out that questionaire, then also taken to Sick-bay to be tested. The training schedule for the first 3 weeks has lots of free time which HQMC is more than willing to donate to UCSF to "prove" that we are recruiting a bunch of sluts.

MitchellJD1969
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
"The results of this study reveal that a significant proportion of our group of non-health care-seeking, sexually active young women engaged in sexually risky behavior that resulted in a high rate of STI diagnosis upon entry into military recruit training."

In other words these recruits were sexually active before going to Boot Camp. This study occurred when they entered training and these diseases diagnosed after they got to boot camp.

So if they were sexually active before boot camp how can the headline "US Marine Corps an Orgy Palace of Stoned, Drunk, Horny Teens, New UCSF Study Suggests" be in any form accurate? It is a very misleading headline and inaccurately states the results of the study, but this kind of crap doesnt suprise me coming from the left.

MADAMESINCERE
01-08-2009, 04:07 AM
The study is out of California. They don't exactly like us military folks there...LOL

HOOAH

OIFCOMBATVETNYC
01-08-2009, 07:16 PM

This has been old news since 1990.

Battleshort
01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
After a couple of centuries of the money spendin, drunken, swearin, whorin sailor comments, it's nice to have a little heat go another direction.

:rolleyes:

USMC_8156
01-09-2009, 12:41 AM
If the Fleet is an Orgy Palace, where the hell am I?

Proud Mom
01-09-2009, 01:26 AM
If the Fleet is an Orgy Palace, where the hell am I?

Apparently at the Dry Dock

imported_boots&utes
01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
This writer is using data from a study conducted in 1999-2000 to articulate against OEF and OIF.

Funkymustafa
01-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Obvious troll.

Anyone who thinks the civilian STD rate for girls in that age group is really only 14% is delusional.

In addition the poster helpfully leaves out any contextual information unhelpful to him.

"Because the data used were collected at the very beginning of the participants' military training, this study reflects behavioral risk and STIs that were acquired in the young women's location of residence before recruit training, thus reflecting community acquired risk."
In other words the study's intent was to reflect attitudes of sexual behavior gained by these recruits in their civilian lives. The fact that they were USMC recruits at the time of the study is of no analytical import.

"Characteristics of Study Population
Only study participants who reported a history of sexual experience (n = 1,841; 81%) comprised the study sample"
Yet the study in total comprised 2,157 recruits who agreed to participate and completed the written and physical testing. Therefore 316 recruits, or nearly 15% of the total sample size, were summarily eliminated from the results. Only sexually active respondents (Who obviously would then have a higher statistical risk of having STI's) were included. Drawing conclusions from a study in which 15% of the respondent population was eliminated in order to cherry pick data is intellectually asinine.

"Given the crosssectional nature of this research, causal associations between the sociodemographic and behavioral factors and STIs should not be inferred."
Self explanatory.

Also the flippantly immature tone of the blog piece itself, which is either a poorly veiled counter-recruiting spiel or an excrutiatingly banal attempt at incompetently mimicking actual satire, tells you all you need to know about the source of the piece.

notamotogrunt
01-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Lets be honest though alot of devil dames spend alot of time on there backs admiring the ceilings of many different males rooms.
Not saying that this study is accurate or that becoming a marine makes these broads bigger sluts, BUT the majority of the dames that you meet in the corps are quick to spread.

Snoop_Frogg
01-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I think the main issue about why so many had std's before bootcamp was because they wanted to get some before they left for 3 months and couldn't get any. I'm sure if they did the same study on guys they'd probably find about the same amount or more were getting ganaherpasyphilaides.

DevilNuts
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Lets be honest though alot of devil dames spend alot of time on there backs admiring the ceilings of many different males rooms.
Not saying that this study is accurate or that becoming a marine makes these broads bigger sluts, BUT the majority of the dames that you meet in the corps are quick to spread.

Yeah, I was just thinking about my time studying females in the Corps from the very beginning....

MEPS...
MCT...
MOS School....
Okinawa.....

.... Statistically, I don't know how well this study plays out. But anecdotally, I think their estimates may be a little low :D

USMC_8156
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Dude...MCT? Gross.

DevilNuts
01-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Dude...MCT? Gross.

....yeah that looks bad the way I posted it, eh? We were in recieving, and had a '96 before we picked up with a platoon.

So the chick was still nasty overall, but the conditions were not.

wzgriffith
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I used to play a game in oki. I'd count female Marines in uniform. Preggers on one hand, unpreggers (or not showing) on the other. I always saw more pregnant female Marines than not. While overdone for showmanship's sake, the article wasn't really that far off the mark. Because it's Marines, we all get bent out of shape. If that same article came out but it was about Army or Air Force girls, we'd all aggreem, high five and swap lewd stories about our own encounters with the other services' females. Besides, male Marines are much dirtier than female Marines. Ever been to Thailand or the Philippines? We should all bask in the nasty glory together. Ooorah!

DevilNuts
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey. SHH. what happens on the MEU stays on the MEU

wzgriffith
01-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey. SHH. what happens on the MEU stays on the MEU

If that's true, why do i itch in my pants?

DevilNuts
01-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Just stay away from the lady-boys in pattaya.

USMC_8156
01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Just stay away from the lady-boys in pattaya.

Have you ever had a guy tell you that while he was in Pattaya he hooked up with a tall, large breasted thai chick? And that she was really hot, but didn't want to have VI?

I have. I didn't tell him. Didn't want to see his heart break.

NeWSoldiEr08
02-22-2009, 01:44 AM

you shouldnt single out your beloved Marine Corp. out...Army is the same way

imported_MexDoc
02-23-2009, 02:43 AM
I bet you that School in SF has way more people having Orgy's, stoned, or drunk....I don't know but i know college girls are always known to be waaaaaaaaaaaay easier then anyone else. it's just part of being independant. who's to judge!!!! I know I wont! just invite me to the party!

RobotChicken
06-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Wow! I missed all this!

Banned
06-06-2013, 07:28 AM
I love people who say the study is invalid because it was conducted in California. That den of liberal atheist commies!

garhkal
06-06-2013, 07:58 AM
After a couple of centuries of the money spendin, drunken, swearin, whorin sailor comments, it's nice to have a little heat go another direction.

:rolleyes:

That it is.. so what i would like to know is if california has such a BIG hatred against the military as some on page 1 seem to suggest, why are several of our larger mil facilities there?

Banned
06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
That it is.. so what i would like to know is if california has such a BIG hatred against the military as some on page 1 seem to suggest, why are several of our larger mil facilities there?

San Francisco is pretty liberal. But the people who rail about how evil San Francisco is (I hear they even have sex outside of marriage and don't go to church on Sunday) don't realize that California is a frickin huge state. Overall it leans liberal, and will consistently swing toward a democrat in the elections - but there's still plenty of conservative/redneck areas. It's actually nice to be able to get away from the big cities for a change of pace.

garhkal
06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Still, since it does seem the majority of the state's liberal leanings overpin any 'small segments' right wing leanings, that to me means the state is liberal.

CYBERFX1024
06-06-2013, 08:58 PM
San Francisco is pretty liberal. But the people who rail about how evil San Francisco is (I hear they even have sex outside of marriage and don't go to church on Sunday) don't realize that California is a frickin huge state. Overall it leans liberal, and will consistently swing toward a democrat in the elections - but there's still plenty of conservative/redneck areas. It's actually nice to be able to get away from the big cities for a change of pace.

Yeah and I travel all over Central and Southern California to the Redneck regions you like to call them. Generally they are just down to earth people trying to make a living. But they are getting more and more frustrated with what Sacramento/Coastal Liberals are doing to them. Farmers can't plant crops because they have no water because the state shutdown the water pumps, Ranchers can't raise cows because of environmental regulations.
Sacramento wants to keep raising taxes for social programs for Illegal Immigrants and Homeless people. They are even talking about giving the homeless a bill of rights, which means they can sleep on the street and defecate in public. The legislature also passed a bill a few days ago in which they are going to require a background check and a $50 fee to buy ammunition.

Banned
06-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Still, since it does seem the majority of the state's liberal leanings overpin any 'small segments' right wing leanings, that to me means the state is liberal.

In the context of the electoral college, or state policies, yes. But to say that a study is liberal biased just because it was conducted in California is inaccurate.

Yeah and I travel all over Central and Southern California to the Redneck regions you like to call them. Generally they are just down to earth people trying to make a living. But they are getting more and more frustrated with what Sacramento/Coastal Liberals are doing to them. Farmers can't plant crops because they have no water because the state shutdown the water pumps, Ranchers can't raise cows because of environmental regulations.

Population explosion, causing ground water shortages and over-production during droughts was predicted by experts as early as the 1930s. The United States, even the liberal areas, do have a tendency to ignore scientists until the damage is already done.

Sacramento wants to keep raising taxes for social programs for Illegal Immigrants and Homeless people. They are even talking about giving the homeless a bill of rights, which means they can sleep on the street and defecate in public. The legislature also passed a bill a few days ago in which they are going to require a background check and a $50 fee to buy ammunition.

Illegal immigrants are ineligible for social programs. I'm not sure why Conservatives keep repeating this. As for the homeless - well, they exist. Not a whole lot that can be done about that.

As for ammunition osts... I really could not care less. The main cause in the spike on ammunition prices is mass hysteria over a UN takeover.

sandsjames
06-06-2013, 11:57 PM

There are indeed. Luckily I'm from one of them. Not a high income area by any means (especially since the timber industry has been shut down) but a low crime, generally conservative county.

edit: What is strange, as we've discussed before, is how often California elects a Republican Governor. Strange how things play out. Seems there's no rhyme or reason to it.

jody
06-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks for your opinion.

RobotChicken
06-07-2013, 01:03 AM
There are indeed. Luckily I'm from one of them. Not a high income area by any means (especially since the timber industry has been shut down) but a low crime, generally conservative county.

edit: What is strange, as we've discussed before, is how often California elects a Republican Governor. Strange how things play out. Seems there's no rhyme or reason to it.
Did 4 years at NAB Coronado; there is no reason out there when its run by 'Hollywood'.

CYBERFX1024
06-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Population explosion, causing ground water shortages and over-production during droughts was predicted by experts as early as the 1930s. The United States, even the liberal areas, do have a tendency to ignore scientists until the damage is already done.

I know that and you can see that all over California. Most of Southern California gets there water from the Colorado river. Central California is a mixture of the Colorado and another one. But they shut down pumping water due to some endangered small fish. So a lot of farms are drying up.

Illegal immigrants are ineligible for social programs. I'm not sure why Conservatives keep repeating this. As for the homeless - well, they exist. Not a whole lot that can be done about that.[QUOTE=Joe Bonham;631304]

Yes, Illegal immigrants are ineligible. But their children are eligible for it. Also California has voted to give them driving licenses, and also voted last year to give them Unemployment pay. They already can get discounted and free tuition to colleges around the state.
Yes, I know the homeless do exist but they are talking about giving the homeless rights. Basically letting the homeless sleep on the streets in front of businesses and their is nothing the business or the police could do. [QUOTE=Joe Bonham;631304]

[QUOTE=Joe Bonham;631304]As for ammunition osts... I really could not care less. The main cause in the spike on ammunition prices is mass hysteria over a UN takeover.

Yes, I know the spike on prices is caused by the hysteria. But the fee is on top of the price of the ammunition.

Banned
06-07-2013, 10:18 PM
I know that and you can see that all over California. Most of Southern California gets there water from the Colorado river. Central California is a mixture of the Colorado and another one. But they shut down pumping water due to some endangered small fish. So a lot of farms are drying up.

The judge's timing was a bit unfortunate - closing down the taps right in the middle of a drought, but if we trash the eco-system, EVERYBODY suffers. And yes, destroying one small fish at the bottom of the food chain has a domino effect on the rest of the system.

Don't we have enough ravaged wastelands, razed forests, and extinct species to realize that destroying our habitat for short term profit is pure folly?

Yes, Illegal immigrants are ineligible. But their children are eligible for it. Also California has voted to give them driving licenses, and also voted last year to give them Unemployment pay.

Good. As American citizens they SHOULD be able to obtain state driver's licenses, and be eligible for unemployment insurance, just like every other citizen.

They already can get discounted and free tuition to colleges around the state.

Good. Education will make them more productive workers and citizens.

Yes, I know the homeless do exist but they are talking about giving the homeless rights. Basically letting the homeless sleep on the streets in front of businesses and their is nothing the business or the police could do.

So what would you suggest we do with them? Lock them up? Put them in camps? They have to sleep somewhere.

Oh and BTW - last I checked, EVERYBODY has rights, regardless of whether they have a home or not.

Yes, I know the spike on prices is caused by the hysteria. But the fee is on top of the price of the ammunition.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.